User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"After having a YI for about a week, I ordered the PHD suppositories that usually work for me. They didn’t work this time. So I ordered Yeast Arrest suppositiories, they worked a little. Until I asked my dr for a Rx and she prescribed me this. 2 pills one every 3 days. After taking the first pill, I ate before taking it, no side effects except for a headache That lasted for like 2 days. My symptoms kind of subsided but not completely. Then I took the second pill 3 days later and when I woke up everything was 100%. I recommend!"

Adrienne B. (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Diflucan gave me a rash on my neck that looks like a ring. It is round, red, itchy and it burns."

Yeast lady December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had my very first yeast infection from taking antibiotics to treat my first bladder infection (back to back pain and discomfort within a few days!) - I was so swollen and raw up there :( My doctor did a pelvic exam and told me to take the one dose fluconazole pill. Within 24 hours the terrible twinging I felt disappeared but the biggest reaction was (warning, totally gross) all of the yeast just tumbled out of me the following day when I went to the bathroom! The medicine just ejected all of the junk inside of me. I'm still on the mend (I took the pill yesterday afternoon) and there are some teeny twinges up there, but I'd say I am 80% healed. No side effects other than the healing. Hallelujah!"

catchingthelight December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For all these people that is having a really bad reaction and feeling even worse, let me tell you that you are so infected with candida. You need to have a candida cleaning otherwise you will never get that vagina yeast infection sorted. Do a bit of research about candida and you will be so surprised."

MeredithCS November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my first time getting a yeast infection and when I started to feel the burning and itching a few days ago I didn't know what was going on, I seen this discharge coming out and I was so disgusted. The smell wasn't strong but I had no idea what it all was. After seeing my gynecologist yesterday we knew right a way it was a yeast infection. I took my first pill yesterday and I felt so much better this morning, very little itching and no burning at all. I take my second pill on Saturday hopefully all the symptoms will be gone. Having that yeast infection was worst then labor. Fluconazole is doing its job well so far, such a relief!"

Shanny90 November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had the odd yeast infection usually after anti biotic or too much beer and sugar. Always taken a oral pill and easily sorted. In NZ, chemist gave me fluconazole. A few hours after taking it, appetite went, 5hrs, severe nausea, 10hrs I woke up and vomited the most disgusting, chemical bile. Spent the next day feeling like I'd been hit by a train. All my joints and limbs were aching, bad headache, no energy at all. Started feeling better the next day as nausea was subsiding then on day 4 I started bleeding with uterus pain. Fresh blood as period wasn't for another 2 weeks. Day 5, bleeding, still itchy, still sore. Rubbish!!"

Ffmmmfffff October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m very prone to UTI’s & yeast infections. The doc prescribed the antibiotics to get rid of one & the other follows!!!!! So... I feel horrid until rested for the UTI, then worse while in antibiotics are running course & OMG here it comes!!!!! Itchy, nasty discharge!!! This time it is bad! I took 2 different antibiotics in a month. So this mega yeast is killing me!!!"

Fancy27 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the second time I've taken fluconazole for a vaginal yeast infection. I've had no side effects. This pill works so much better and faster than the OTC creams. Itching started easing within a day and was gone within a week."

Anne w (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff made me bleed nor did it work; so I ended up going with the 3 day cream in the end-clotrimazole."

Mimm September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given the oral pill because my partner and I had thrush symptoms. Half an hour after taking it my penis was burning. Twelve hours later and I am still in too much pain to think about anything else. I have swollen skin and rash in different parts of my body and one has grown into a blood blister. I would think twice before giving this to a boyfriend as there has to be better ways to get rid of thrush. The pain is going down a bit so I feel a bit better but it is still very painful. I am drinking water and hoping it will pass soon!!"

Ouuuch! (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 21. I've had 4 episodes of yeast infections this year, with about 2 month increments. I'm not sure if it's because of my birth control pills. However, I notice whenever I eat too many sweets and wear non-cotton underwear I get YI. Diflucan helps me so much. With just 1 pill the itch, inflammation of the vulva and discharge are gone. I never noticed any side effects when taking it. On Saturday I will take my second pill."

Kratko (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Always works like a charm within 24-48 hours. No side effects!"

Mariaaaaa August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I took one pill when I went to bed, the next morning and days later I have a red patch on my cheek. First it burned and itched now it looks like I am a burn victim. I have taken this medication before but never again. I am just hoping this heals soon."

dina2049 August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get yeast infections about every other month. This year I have had at least 7 prescriptions. Doesn't seem to work. I am diabetic. The itching is vicious even after day 3 of pill. No side effects from med though"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Diflucan caused me to break out with a rash in my face and on my arms, neck, and back within two days of starting it. Therefore I can't honestly rate its effectiveness so good luck."

Mrs. J August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took one 150mg pill for yeast infection. No side effects; easy as and cleared me up 90% better within 24 hours."

DH blobby cat (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I suffer from yeast infections quite frequently, especially while being on my depo birth control shot and being more sexually active. In the past, diflucan did the trick in 24 hours (I learned Monistat does NOTHING for me!). As I suffer from them almost every other month, if not every month, I believe I have built a resistance to the medication. I began needing two pills prescribed at a time for an effective solution. Just a few days ago I received a pack of 3. My symptoms feel almost worst than before getting the prescription. I didn't drink much water and also had sex after taking the pill day 2, but I took the last pill yesterday and vagina is raw and swollen as well as itchy. Also feel period beginning. I hate this confusion about my body."

Ej979797 August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMGoodness! This pill is the worst! My symptoms intensified. UNBELIEVABLE!! I am having a SERIOUS reaction to this medicine of a 1 day pill. B.E.W.A.R.E! IM IN TEARS... WRITING THIS REVIEW! ITCHING, BUMPS, SCRATCHED MY SELF RAW. NOTHING SOOTHES. I HAVE TO SIT IN HOT BATHS. TO THINK DOCS TREATMENT WAS ANOTHER DOSE. NOT!!!"

Suffering in Tears (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had all the side affects listed for this medication. It was my first time using this drug. I took a 150mg tablet and I ended up with dizziness, diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain. I am on Day 4 after taking it and I still have lower abdominal pain from it. Please use caution!"

M Colon July 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "After taking Diflucan I experienced blisters on both pinky fingers and toes as well as the palms and bottoms of my feet. It was painful and uncomfortable the side effects passed after a couple of days however the yeast cleared up instantly. I will NEVER use the product again."

AngiePaine July 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"While traveling from LA to the Philippines, I was hit hard by a yeast infection during my layover in China. It was the worst one yet and very painful and could not have happened at a worse place and time. Luckily, once I was in the Philippeans, I found a pharmacy who carried Diflucan. (Thank God!) My doctor emailed me a Rx. I will NEVER leave home on a trip without this drug again. My vacation was almost ruined. I took the med on an empty stomach. Later my tummy felt bloated and a little sore, but the feeling went away. That minor discomfort was worth it."

Traveling cat lady July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been having recurring yeast infections for about a year now. When I had one last year my doctor prescribed me one pill of fluconazole and it really didn't work. So I was hesitant when I recently got one last month and attempted to cure it with OTC med but I don't think it fully went away because here I am again with another yeast infection. Well my doctor just gave me 2 pills of fluconazole. My discharge has completely gone and now I still have a little itch. I'm praying after I take this second pill it would fully go away because it's really starting to depress me. My doctor is testing me for everything (even diabetes) I hope its nothing serious and just a yeast infection"

Oshah09 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Worked within 24 hrs"

Penny67733 June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Diflucan works wonders and for me! It is the best choice for a yeast infection. I've had frequent UTI's since giving birth and I always get a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. Diflucan works very well and the relief starts within a day or two . The downside to this medication is the itching gets more intense as the medicine works, usually this happens between day 1 and 2. I wish that this product was available over the counter, but it is indeed a great product for yeast infections, whether the infection is mild or severe. I even took this while I was pregnant. But if I can remember correctly, if you are pregnant, you are not supposed to take Diflucan more than once."

NickieLee June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I get a yeast infection I take 200mg fluconazole and within 2 days it's completely gone! I highly recommend this medication. "

Cassie_Dalton June 19, 2017