User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I have been prone to getting yeast infections... I get rid of them then they seem to come back in no time. Anyways I decided to give this stuff a try because you can use it at anytime of the day (many other products you can only use at nighttime) I used it in the middle of the day and all of my symptoms were gone the next day... it took about 24 hours but it seemed my yeast infection was completely cured. I know it takes longer for it to be completely out of your system but all of the symptoms were gone and I no longer felt like a had a yeast infection. I am not sure if it was just the diflucan that got rid of it, as I decided to take a double dose of probiotic the same day, but whatever it was seemed to work."

Sam33093 February 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"When I get a yeast infection, I usually turn to Monistat 1. This time I was on penicillin for illnesses and the doctor told me to give her a ring if I developed a yeast infection. Sure enough, I did. I took the prescription because I figured it'd knock it out better than any OTC. First dose...no change in symptoms after 3 days. Second dose...no change again. I read that symptoms should start to go away after 1-2 days. So, after a week of battling yeast on diflucan, I bought Monistat 1. After insertion of the egg, it was painfully obvious that the pill did nothing as I could feel the itching burn of the egg working. Well, here it is a day after Monistat...feel soooo much better!!! I guess prescription isn't always better."

Itchyburn February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I get yeast infections all the time & all I get prescribed is Diflucan. No one listens to me that this doesn't work for me. Last Dr. at least tried giving me 3 Diflucan pills & take 1 every 3 days. Still didn't work. Don't know what else to do."

Lavenderangel February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This is my first experience with this medication I've taken 2 pills. One yesterday one today, the only side effect I've experienced is diarrhea. I'm still itchy, no discharge or smell.. very uncomfortable. 3-7 days 2nd infection ever and this is by far the worst feeling ever."

Anonymous.406 February 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I have taken this medication before, so not sure if something with my body chemistry changed or this medication composition has changed. My experience was a severe allergic reaction causing swelling to my face and lips, with blistering and sores inside my mouth that were extremely painful. I was given a steroid shot and high dosages of prednisone. On day 5 the swelling has just started to go down, but the sores inside my mouth and the scabs on my lips are horrible. I will not take this medication again."

Severe swelling and blisters (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Over the counter (monostat and generics) make my symptoms 10X worse and do nothing for me. Fluconozole takes care of it every time, with ZERO side affects for me. If I take it on an empty stomach symptoms significantly reduce within an hour. I always do a 2nd dose three days later even if it appears to be gone to be extra sure. For ladies wanting to go a natural route that is also VERY effective is tea tree oil suppositories. They are just messier and you will smell like tea tree oil a little :) bit I don't mind the smell. I always keep that on hand as well. You can find those for good prices on Amazon. They are also just good to do like once a week or whenever for maintenance if you suffer chronic infections"

Anonomous AP January 22, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was given the pill and symptoms were gone in 24 hours but 2 days later it came back. I'm pretty upset. Now I'm gonna have to go back to the doctors just to get another medication or higher dosage. the only side effect I had was diarrhea"

woopsssss (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I got one Diflucan pill to take which I thought at first was a waste of money, but it works GREAT. The discharge and smell changed after 1 day! There were no side effects, no headaches, nausea, pain, etc. Highly recommend!"

Lilypad97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Terrible experience w/ 150 mg dose: hot/flushed red face, swollen tongue/mouth, strong metallic taste, incredible weakness, yellow skin, & just feel terrible. Then I cut the dosage to 100 mg & was fine. Splitting a 150 mg pill into 2 doses taken 2 days apart caused same terrible side effects as before. 50 mg dose was simply ineffective. I saw a review from a woman who was given 1,000 mg over 2 days (that's way too much!) & ended up with way worse side effects including vomiting. If you have side effects, I encourage you to scale back & find the right dose: you will be glad you did! It is much more effective & convenient than the creams and suppositories, zero burning & zero mess!"

rava143 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was prescribed fluconazole for the first time for a mild yeast infection. Although I read the side effects of nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, I had no idea that this one pill would make me so violently ill. I had severe stomach pain that was so bad I was unable to sleep and do normal routines. If I had any idea that this one pill would cause so much pain I would not have taken it. I am very angry with my ob for prescribing it and not telling me the severe side effects when there are other cream medications on the market. The severe side effect outweighs any benefit of the pill in curing a yeast infection. I am still sick from this pill and have no intention of taking another pill, clearly it was prescribed because of the low cost"

Anonymous January 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Great medicine if taken at the very first sign of a vaginal yeast infection. It's normal for me to get one when finishing a round of antibiotics. If taken on the third or second to last day of treatment, fluconazole effectively treats any potential yeast infection well before symptoms manifest. No need to endure the burning or discomfort. Wont help the discomfort in established yeast infections, but relief normally will kick in in about 24 to 48 hours in my experience. Excellent drug to quickly and easily treat yeast infections with out the mess of cream suppositories."

Ebz (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Unfortunately since being on contraceptive I have got a lot of a thrush and yeast infections. For me, creams don't work, and pessaries can leave me feeling quite painful. But the fluconazole tablet has always worked for me! No side effects and usually I will see the difference within a few hours and it's completely gone within a day or two. Brilliant stuff."

Lauramoonshine December 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Most definitely the worst experience I've ever had with medication. Horrible and constant vomiting, completely liquid and black diarrhea, I wasn't able to eat for 3 days, couldn't even drink without vomiting, couldn't sleep because of the constant vomiting and diarrhea, just absolute hell. I took the pill just a single time. One pill."

Au.mi.ch December 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Ladies, I had recurring yeast infections a few years aback. What I did to stop it was I threw away my underwear and bought new ones. If you cannot afford you need to lysol your underwear crotch and wash in hot water to kill the yeast. I eat different brands of yogurt twice weekly(look for live active cultures). I don't use soap to wash off....I use an unscented ph balanced feminine wash. Make sure your sexual partner gets a dose of fluconazole as they can transfer the infection back to you. Wear cotton undies and try sleeping naked a couple times a week. Fluconazole works but it takes time. Yeast can reoccur. I suggest the following above tips. I also use natures way probiotic every other month."

Rebecca1988 December 18, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Went to gyno for severe cramping and just overall not feeling well. She of course did pelvic and then told me she was going to do vaginal ultrasound. Ok, 2 days later, no phone call, my Pharmacy has prescription ready. Normally this medicine has not really worked in the past when I obviously knew I had yeast infection, so I am really hoping that my cramping goes away and I finally start feeling myself again!"

18lucas69 December 17, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Tablet doesn't work at all waste of money"

Bellmat December 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Give this medication time!! It's going to get worse before it gets better, trust me. When I take it, it usually gets worse for about 2-3 days. On the third day if I am not feeling better I'll take another dose and my symptoms will be gone within 24 hours. Patience definitely comes with this medication and although that's unfortunate, it's worth it in the end."

YeastNoFun (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Fluconazole works well for me. Pretty much zaps it out. I take it AS SOON possible, as I feel it coming on and see the first sign of white I take it. I get a YI about 1-3 x/year. Perhaps taking it promptly might be why it has worked well for me (?) I feel that it halts the infection process quickly (1day). Then gradually clears up by day 3-4. I like that it's just 1 pill, although instructions say to take 2nd pill a week later, I usually do not. It's very worth it; always keep extras at home just in case."

Miu-Miu123 December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I can't stand this medication. My ob prescribed 500mg for two days and it makes me violently sick. I've eaten with the medication and have not consumed any alcohol but I've been throwing up bile for the past 6 hours. This happened to me last time , I took this medication again and I regret it."

Aco124 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I bought this twice in a three week period hoping it would cure a yeast infection i had twice. The first time i took it nothing happened. There was nothing that happened to me. So i thought i should see my obgyn in case it was bacterial vaginosis. The doctor said it was a yeast infection and they gave me 150mg flucanozole. Which is diflucan!! And it worked. Next week later i had a yeast infection again! I bought diflucan again thinking it would work. But guess what??! it did not work! Why the hell did the one from the doctor work. But the one from the store is rubbish. There was more then a week in between taking the first diflucan and the one the doctor prescribed. So it wasn't the two working together. diflucan is a sham!"

Bee892 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "First off, I looked in here to see when it was best to take the pill. My doctor Always prescribes me one "Just in case" Whenever he give me antibiotics.... But the first thing i saw was how much people are spending on these.... There is an app called good Rx.com that I usually get coupons from for the more EXPENSIVE prescriptions BUT at ALL Walmart stores Diflucan is $4.00! PERIOD!!!!! SAME AS ANTIBIOTICS..... JUST TELL THEM DO NOT RUN YOUR INSURANCE. HOPE THAT HELPS! :)"

Jillybean2015 November 18, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This is my 3rd yeast infection, tried the internal and external cremes for a week and felt like it was getting worse. The doctor warned me that if this dose didn't work, that in 2-3 days call them and she'd prescribe me another dose if needed. Took it last night and woke up a new woman today."

Adrianna Nikohl November 17, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"First off the pill form is super convenient and leaves no mess behind. I did experience a slight headache however, i will take anything over the messy cremes."

AfroChick#1 November 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Took the diflucan one dose on monday night its now thursday and I still have the infection and am still itchy. This is on top of canestine for the outer symptoms. Have to go back to chemist and try something else. Waste of $20 :("

Skittle cookie November 2, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Had vaginal yeast infection for three days until I finally made up my mind to head for the clinic. I was diagnosed with vaginal yeast infection and was prescribed 150 mg of fluconazole(diflucan). An hour after taking the pill, my symptoms ceased to a minimum. However, the itchiness and burning sensation still lasted for around two days before it finally resolved."

Lorri2530 October 22, 2016