User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Worked within 24 hrs"

Penny67733 June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Diflucan works wonders and for me! It is the best choice for a yeast infection. I've had frequent UTI's since giving birth and I always get a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. Diflucan works very well and the relief starts within a day or two . The downside to this medication is the itching gets more intense as the medicine works, usually this happens between day 1 and 2. I wish that this product was available over the counter, but it is indeed a great product for yeast infections, whether the infection is mild or severe. I even took this while I was pregnant. But if I can remember correctly, if you are pregnant, you are not supposed to take Diflucan more than once."

NickieLee June 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I get a yeast infection I take 200mg fluconazole and within 2 days it's completely gone! I highly recommend this medication. "

Cassie_Dalton June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've tried these several times over the years. Always had great results! I've never had any side effects. I was using creams, suppositories everything otc to no avail. but these have always helped. I normally get one to take but last time I went he gave me 4 it says as needed. That is his fault because he didn't tell me how to take it. But I took one and haven't had to use the other 3. So far so good! Whoever invented this was a great person because I've seen young and old taking this and they also have my same experience so bravo!!!"

Kenysgurl June 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"2 years with yeast infection...I have tried so many antibiotics such as metronidazole, doxycycline, candid v3 insert & candid v-gel and it is not work on me. I've decided to see gynae and she gave me diflucan 150mg and now I am totally free from yeast infection for about 2 month. No more discharged going out. I feel so grateful. Thank goodness for diflucan"

Lajsbshuabaggs (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Before I took the medication, my vagina wasn't burning. Within 20 minutes, I could feel my vagina burning then it stopped. Then the burning would start up again. It happened like maybe 3 times. A few hours after taking this drug, my body felt like it was on fire. Suddenly I felt nauseated and wanted to throw up but I didn't. The next morning I felt so relieved and itch-free. No burning either. I am currently on Day 5 and I took 150 mg with one pill. It seems to be working but will confirm after seeing OB/GYN."

twizzler_92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've taken only about four times in 31 years, but one of those times is recently for a mild yeast infection. I always take the pill on an empty stomach, usually just before bed. I've never had side effects, although I know it is not recommended to take it on an empty stomach as others may have side effects. However, I never have issues taking meds on an empty stomach. If you do have problems with that, you probably don't want to try it with this one either. My discharge and odor symptoms usually start to clear within one day. This recent one was so mild, I rarely had funky discharge or an itch, but for previous ones I did have to combine the use of Monistat itch relief wipes, because diflucan may not immediately reduce that."

Ga (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 22 and have always been prone to yeast infections. I can always tell when one is coming on because it gets swollen and sore to sit/walk/wipe. My doctor always calls me in a prescription of this and it does the trick every time. It usually takes 1-2 days for me to feel 100% back to normal, and I always take the second pill on the 3rd day. As for side effects, the first few hours after taking it, I usually get shaky, have a little bit of diarrhea, and have a weird "head high" type of feeling. It subsides after a little bit and doesn't last too long. I have to say that with how painful my yeast infections can get, the side effects are worth it for a few hours. I absolutely love this medicine!"

Ashhrenee13 April 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got my first yeast on Sunday, I've tried topical medicine to get rid the itchi but still not work, then I search more about fungus medicine, I went to pharmacy then the pharmacist told me to use Diflucan, I tried on Thursday 10 pm and I feel better on Monday... wish that it will be gone on the 7 days treatment which is next thursday :)"

greatberry April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am very prone to yeast infections, I believe it's due to my birth control as well as having unprotected sex. Fluconazole has always cleared up my yeast infections with 2 doses. No side effects."

liopa626 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"OMG!!!! Help! Yeast infections come and go. I've been tested for absolutely everything and no answers . Fluconazole sux! Otc meds suck! I'm like at the end of my ropes with this "

KareeBee April 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This rubbish doesn't work. Doc put me on diflucan once a week for 12 weeks, then blood draw to check my liver, then another 12 weeks... yeast infections always come back. I need relief and 5 docs have only prescribed me this stuff. I guess I'll go back to yogurt suppositories:( OTC makes them worse, too:("

Screamingvag (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a yeast infection. I took the 150mg Diflucan yesterday at lunch. I have no smell or itching as of this morning. It works fast BUT the side effects hit me hard. I have had stomach pains on & off all night and my heart rate has went up 3 times and stays up for around 30 minutes each time since yesterday evening. No rashes though. If you can deal with the side effects, I'd say it is an effective medicine that works fairly quick."

Anonymous April 18, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking them for over a week now and my symptoms have just stayed the same and there more discharge then b4 is this meant to happen"

Girl with problems (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I am very prone to yeast infections. Especially while on birth control, for the most part really good probiotics clear it right up but I had slight symptoms of a yeast infection for the past week and the probiotics aren't doing the trick so I had a diflucan lying around from when I was on a zpak. Decided to just take it and see if it would help. I'm having an awful reaction my vagina is 100 times itchier. Don't take it. Go out and buy a great probiotic, so much better and all natural. I'm regretting taking it. :("

Anonymous April 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I always get yeast infections. Especially after I finish a round of antibiotics for an ear infection or whatever it may be. Before I always tried using creams and it would take days to clear out. Sometime it wouldn't clear and I would have to go to the doctor and get another cream. Such a headache. I finally got a great Gyno, who prescribed this to me, and I thought, hmm a pill? Thats odd. Took the pill that morning, by night time, I was feeling much better, and the next day the discharge was way way less. By two days it was gone. And it stays in your system for 7 days so it helps prevent the infection from coming back. Works wonders! Thanks Diflucan! My most recent infection though, did require two doses of diflucan. FYI. :)"

lovelypink April 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I took the 150mg and within 24 hrs I felt way better . Didn't have to use the creams or anything."

Tina765 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I had what felt like a moderate yeast infection. I was given Terazole 3 at first but had the most horrible allergic reaction that made my yeast infection symptoms increase 100x. I have never felt misery like that in my LIFE, it felt like my insides and outsides were trying to kill me. I was switched to the single dose of 150mg Diflucan and my symptoms improved by half within 24 hours and only got better from there. It took about a week for all discomfort (including the occasional minor itch) to completely disappear."

happylupie (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For years I was prescribed Diflucan for frequent recurring yeast infections, it did relieve my symptoms, but the infection would come back. I started doing my own research and found that some woman are sensitive to soaps, body washes, shave creams, etc and that those can cause problems with your ph balance and cause some women to have frequent infections. I started using Vagisal ph Balance wash. This product has changed my life! In the last 5 years since using this product I have maybe had 3-4 starts to yeast infection and mostly caused by antibiotics. If I feel like I am starting to get a yeast infection (which is rare now) I start taking RepHresh Pro-B (probiotic feminine supplement) and that will help take care of the infection."

Crystalball08 March 12, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a yeast infection Friday I went to the doc on Monday which he prescribed fluconazole and canesteen cream when I took fluconazole 150 mg the Monday night the next morning a woke up with green discharge that smelled funny I began to get worried but I continue to watch it during the day the discharge wasn't green any more but it was brownish an thick it looked more like whipped cream and it felt plasticy to me then by the end of the day my discharge was white and look like the typical vagina yeast infection as the days go by the discharge was less and the smell disappeared. I don't know if that's how to pill work to get rid of the yeast but that was how my body reacted to it my yeast infection is now completely gone"

Pretty pretty March 2, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I have been prone to getting yeast infections... I get rid of them then they seem to come back in no time. Anyways I decided to give this stuff a try because you can use it at anytime of the day (many other products you can only use at nighttime) I used it in the middle of the day and all of my symptoms were gone the next day... it took about 24 hours but it seemed my yeast infection was completely cured. I know it takes longer for it to be completely out of your system but all of the symptoms were gone and I no longer felt like a had a yeast infection. I am not sure if it was just the diflucan that got rid of it, as I decided to take a double dose of probiotic the same day, but whatever it was seemed to work."

Sam33093 February 16, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I get a yeast infection, I usually turn to Monistat 1. This time I was on penicillin for illnesses and the doctor told me to give her a ring if I developed a yeast infection. Sure enough, I did. I took the prescription because I figured it'd knock it out better than any OTC. First dose...no change in symptoms after 3 days. Second dose...no change again. I read that symptoms should start to go away after 1-2 days. So, after a week of battling yeast on diflucan, I bought Monistat 1. After insertion of the egg, it was painfully obvious that the pill did nothing as I could feel the itching burn of the egg working. Well, here it is a day after Monistat...feel soooo much better!!! I guess prescription isn't always better."

Itchyburn February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I get yeast infections all the time & all I get prescribed is Diflucan. No one listens to me that this doesn't work for me. Last Dr. at least tried giving me 3 Diflucan pills & take 1 every 3 days. Still didn't work. Don't know what else to do."

Lavenderangel February 13, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my first experience with this medication I've taken 2 pills. One yesterday one today, the only side effect I've experienced is diarrhea. I'm still itchy, no discharge or smell.. very uncomfortable. 3-7 days 2nd infection ever and this is by far the worst feeling ever."

Anonymous.406 February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I have taken this medication before, so not sure if something with my body chemistry changed or this medication composition has changed. My experience was a severe allergic reaction causing swelling to my face and lips, with blistering and sores inside my mouth that were extremely painful. I was given a steroid shot and high dosages of prednisone. On day 5 the swelling has just started to go down, but the sores inside my mouth and the scabs on my lips are horrible. I will not take this medication again."

Severe swelling and blisters (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017