User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"No side effect on me, It will be fully affective in 24hrs ,the med will stay in your body and continue working for about 3 days. Monistat burns, so, Flucondazole is my one and only hope to fight off the yeast infection. Highly recommend!"

Kedo (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I’m on diflucan for 6 months ! One once a week. I’ve also changed my diet. No sugary foods, no peanuts, no potatoes, no corn, no YEAST products. Stay away from bread!!!! The best way to cure yeast is naturally with probiotics , yogurt , and eating yeast free. I know it’s hard but it has to be worth it . When I started taking diflucan I started this diet as well. Diflucan barely helped until I changed my diet and took probiotics with cranberry pills also."

Star8456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Stopped discharge, but still have an irritating mild itch."

Melody (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

"I have recurrent vaginal yeast infections (Candida albicans) that are difficult to treat. I've been on a number of different protocols with this med. First it was the standard 1x150mg, then it was 150mg followed by 150mg three days later, next it was 100mg ever other day for a month, however, the only thing truly effective was 200mg twice a week for 6 months. This stuff works, it sucks that it took a specialist gyno who only deals with vaginitis cases to finally implement what worked. For anyone wondering, I asked this Dr about the candida diets and whatnot, and was told the diets and cleanses are BS. Anyway, the medication works, but only when you find the correct regime for taking it."

Pseudonymish (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

"I had tried some Monistat 3 with no relief. I called my gyne office and just hours after I had an appt. I called back and spoke to the nurse midwife. Told her what was going on she said she would call in a script for Diflucan. I am a retired OR nurse...when she mentioned Diflucan, I was thrilled. I had been prescribed this over 10 years before with great results. She called it in to a 24 hour pharmacy, and I felt like a new person by morning. I had remembered having the same results 10-12 years before...with one tablet."

JCC (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

"Well I have read and read several articles I went to the drs and alln- nothing worked without reappearing I’ve had a bacteria infection and yeast infection for a few months on and off I tried some yeast capsules the Azo brand with a monistat 3 ( ovule inset not the prefixed) ovule works best for very sensitive women)I use to always take hot showers which is bad for your vagina if your doing it too much 1.you need a vagisil wash or some brand of wash for the vagina health 2.fish oil capsules 3.monistat 4.cool warm showers only This will destroy all symptoms"

Baby Sylvia February 14, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I took diflucan for a yeast infection on a Friday around 8 PM, at about 10 PM my lips started to tingle. I went to bed and woke up at 2 am to find my lips severely swollen with a rash around them. Today is Monday and my lips are burning, dry, and still swollen. I am now getting sores inside of my mouth from the diflucan. My yeast infection has cleared up, but the pain I am feeling now is horrific. I will NEVER take this pill again."

Lin2018 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

"I'm sensitive to medication side effects so I took after eating. I was given 2 doses of 150mg, one on first day then again 3 days later, for yeast infection after antibiotics for kidney infection. Day 1, drowsy, dull headache, severe bloat/upset stomach, feeling diarrhea-ish, worst smelling gas of my life (yay). Infection symptoms dissipated within 1/2 day, but returned on and off. Today, 7 days later, I took a 1/2 dose. Bad gas, some bloating and upset tummy but not as severe. Symptoms gone within a few hours of taking it. I'll finish the other half in another day. Maybe it's better to take it at night. Seems somewhat effective so far."

Raja1 January 11, 2018

"Took Diflucan when I'm pregnant 26 weeks and had YI since I'm in my 13th week of pregnancy. After taking 1 tab, the next day all the discharge came out and it feels so relieved (I think around 80% improved). No itchy inside, no burning sensation outside, I can wear panty with comfort. Yet after 6 days, the symptom seems to come back (starts to feel itchy from inside). Not really sure I should repeat the dosage or not. Still waiting for my obgyn's reply."

Sha Abdul (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2017

"I'd been battling a yeast infection (2nd one I've ever had) for almost 2 weeks after starting BC for the first time and very unaware this was a side effect. I stopped the BC and the doctor prescribed me a gel to use which slightly alleviated the symptoms but they'd return every other day. I was also taking Azo (which previously worked for me within 2 days-but this was a much stronger infection) , Cystex, Rephresh probiotic (which I normally take) and plenty of water and nothing. I finally budged and went to urgent care. This made me feel 100% better within 24hrs, please just ask for this instead OTC solutions."

Emmm78881 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

"After having a YI for about a week, I ordered the PHD suppositories that usually work for me. They didn’t work this time. So I ordered Yeast Arrest suppositiories, they worked a little. Until I asked my dr for a Rx and she prescribed me this. 2 pills one every 3 days. After taking the first pill, I ate before taking it, no side effects except for a headache That lasted for like 2 days. My symptoms kind of subsided but not completely. Then I took the second pill 3 days later and when I woke up everything was 100%. I recommend!"

Adrienne B. (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

"Diflucan gave me a rash on my neck that looks like a ring. It is round, red, itchy and it burns."

Yeast lady December 13, 2017

"I had my very first yeast infection from taking antibiotics to treat my first bladder infection (back to back pain and discomfort within a few days!) - I was so swollen and raw up there :( My doctor did a pelvic exam and told me to take the one dose fluconazole pill. Within 24 hours the terrible twinging I felt disappeared but the biggest reaction was (warning, totally gross) all of the yeast just tumbled out of me the following day when I went to the bathroom! The medicine just ejected all of the junk inside of me. I'm still on the mend (I took the pill yesterday afternoon) and there are some teeny twinges up there, but I'd say I am 80% healed. No side effects other than the healing. Hallelujah!"

catchingthelight December 2, 2017

"For all these people that is having a really bad reaction and feeling even worse, let me tell you that you are so infected with candida. You need to have a candida cleaning otherwise you will never get that vagina yeast infection sorted. Do a bit of research about candida and you will be so surprised."

MeredithCS November 17, 2017

"This is my first time getting a yeast infection and when I started to feel the burning and itching a few days ago I didn't know what was going on, I seen this discharge coming out and I was so disgusted. The smell wasn't strong but I had no idea what it all was. After seeing my gynecologist yesterday we knew right a way it was a yeast infection. I took my first pill yesterday and I felt so much better this morning, very little itching and no burning at all. I take my second pill on Saturday hopefully all the symptoms will be gone. Having that yeast infection was worst then labor. Fluconazole is doing its job well so far, such a relief!"

Shanny90 November 16, 2017

"Had the odd yeast infection usually after anti biotic or too much beer and sugar. Always taken a oral pill and easily sorted. In NZ, chemist gave me fluconazole. A few hours after taking it, appetite went, 5hrs, severe nausea, 10hrs I woke up and vomited the most disgusting, chemical bile. Spent the next day feeling like I'd been hit by a train. All my joints and limbs were aching, bad headache, no energy at all. Started feeling better the next day as nausea was subsiding then on day 4 I started bleeding with uterus pain. Fresh blood as period wasn't for another 2 weeks. Day 5, bleeding, still itchy, still sore. Rubbish!!"

Ffmmmfffff October 6, 2017

"I’m very prone to UTI’s & yeast infections. The doc prescribed the antibiotics to get rid of one & the other follows!!!!! So... I feel horrid until rested for the UTI, then worse while in antibiotics are running course & OMG here it comes!!!!! Itchy, nasty discharge!!! This time it is bad! I took 2 different antibiotics in a month. So this mega yeast is killing me!!!"

Fancy27 October 4, 2017

"This is the second time I've taken fluconazole for a vaginal yeast infection. I've had no side effects. This pill works so much better and faster than the OTC creams. Itching started easing within a day and was gone within a week."

Anne w (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

"This stuff made me bleed nor did it work; so I ended up going with the 3 day cream in the end-clotrimazole."

Mimm September 21, 2017

"I was given the oral pill because my partner and I had thrush symptoms. Half an hour after taking it my penis was burning. Twelve hours later and I am still in too much pain to think about anything else. I have swollen skin and rash in different parts of my body and one has grown into a blood blister. I would think twice before giving this to a boyfriend as there has to be better ways to get rid of thrush. The pain is going down a bit so I feel a bit better but it is still very painful. I am drinking water and hoping it will pass soon!!"

Ouuuch! (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

"I'm 21. I've had 4 episodes of yeast infections this year, with about 2 month increments. I'm not sure if it's because of my birth control pills. However, I notice whenever I eat too many sweets and wear non-cotton underwear I get YI. Diflucan helps me so much. With just 1 pill the itch, inflammation of the vulva and discharge are gone. I never noticed any side effects when taking it. On Saturday I will take my second pill."

Kratko (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

"Always works like a charm within 24-48 hours. No side effects!"

Mariaaaaa August 26, 2017

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I took one pill when I went to bed, the next morning and days later I have a red patch on my cheek. First it burned and itched now it looks like I am a burn victim. I have taken this medication before but never again. I am just hoping this heals soon."

dina2049 August 16, 2017

"I get yeast infections about every other month. This year I have had at least 7 prescriptions. Doesn't seem to work. I am diabetic. The itching is vicious even after day 3 of pill. No side effects from med though"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Diflucan caused me to break out with a rash in my face and on my arms, neck, and back within two days of starting it. Therefore I can't honestly rate its effectiveness so good luck."

Mrs. J August 10, 2017