User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"Had the odd yeast infection usually after anti biotic or too much beer and sugar. Always taken a oral pill and easily sorted. In NZ, chemist gave me fluconazole. A few hours after taking it, appetite went, 5hrs, severe nausea, 10hrs I woke up and vomited the most disgusting, chemical bile. Spent the next day feeling like I'd been hit by a train. All my joints and limbs were aching, bad headache, no energy at all. Started feeling better the next day as nausea was subsiding then on day 4 I started bleeding with uterus pain. Fresh blood as period wasn't for another 2 weeks. Day 5, bleeding, still itchy, still sore. Rubbish!!"

Ffmmmfffff October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m very prone to UTI’s & yeast infections. The doc prescribed the antibiotics to get rid of one & the other follows!!!!! So... I feel horrid until rested for the UTI, then worse while in antibiotics are running course & OMG here it comes!!!!! Itchy, nasty discharge!!! This time it is bad! I took 2 different antibiotics in a month. So this mega yeast is killing me!!!"

Fancy27 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the second time I've taken fluconazole for a vaginal yeast infection. I've had no side effects. This pill works so much better and faster than the OTC creams. Itching started easing within a day and was gone within a week."

Anne w (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff made me bleed nor did it work; so I ended up going with the 3 day cream in the end-clotrimazole."

Mimm September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given the oral pill because my partner and I had thrush symptoms. Half an hour after taking it my penis was burning. Twelve hours later and I am still in too much pain to think about anything else. I have swollen skin and rash in different parts of my body and one has grown into a blood blister. I would think twice before giving this to a boyfriend as there has to be better ways to get rid of thrush. The pain is going down a bit so I feel a bit better but it is still very painful. I am drinking water and hoping it will pass soon!!"

Ouuuch! (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 21. I've had 4 episodes of yeast infections this year, with about 2 month increments. I'm not sure if it's because of my birth control pills. However, I notice whenever I eat too many sweets and wear non-cotton underwear I get YI. Diflucan helps me so much. With just 1 pill the itch, inflammation of the vulva and discharge are gone. I never noticed any side effects when taking it. On Saturday I will take my second pill."

Kratko (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Always works like a charm within 24-48 hours. No side effects!"

Mariaaaaa August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I took one pill when I went to bed, the next morning and days later I have a red patch on my cheek. First it burned and itched now it looks like I am a burn victim. I have taken this medication before but never again. I am just hoping this heals soon."

dina2049 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get yeast infections about every other month. This year I have had at least 7 prescriptions. Doesn't seem to work. I am diabetic. The itching is vicious even after day 3 of pill. No side effects from med though"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Diflucan caused me to break out with a rash in my face and on my arms, neck, and back within two days of starting it. Therefore I can't honestly rate its effectiveness so good luck."

Mrs. J August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took one 150mg pill for yeast infection. No side effects; easy as and cleared me up 90% better within 24 hours."

DH blobby cat (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I suffer from yeast infections quite frequently, especially while being on my depo birth control shot and being more sexually active. In the past, diflucan did the trick in 24 hours (I learned Monistat does NOTHING for me!). As I suffer from them almost every other month, if not every month, I believe I have built a resistance to the medication. I began needing two pills prescribed at a time for an effective solution. Just a few days ago I received a pack of 3. My symptoms feel almost worst than before getting the prescription. I didn't drink much water and also had sex after taking the pill day 2, but I took the last pill yesterday and vagina is raw and swollen as well as itchy. Also feel period beginning. I hate this confusion about my body."

Ej979797 August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMGoodness! This pill is the worst! My symptoms intensified. UNBELIEVABLE!! I am having a SERIOUS reaction to this medicine of a 1 day pill. B.E.W.A.R.E! IM IN TEARS... WRITING THIS REVIEW! ITCHING, BUMPS, SCRATCHED MY SELF RAW. NOTHING SOOTHES. I HAVE TO SIT IN HOT BATHS. TO THINK DOCS TREATMENT WAS ANOTHER DOSE. NOT!!!"

Suffering in Tears (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had all the side affects listed for this medication. It was my first time using this drug. I took a 150mg tablet and I ended up with dizziness, diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain. I am on Day 4 after taking it and I still have lower abdominal pain from it. Please use caution!"

M Colon July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "After taking Diflucan I experienced blisters on both pinky fingers and toes as well as the palms and bottoms of my feet. It was painful and uncomfortable the side effects passed after a couple of days however the yeast cleared up instantly. I will NEVER use the product again."

AngiePaine July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"While traveling from LA to the Philippines, I was hit hard by a yeast infection during my layover in China. It was the worst one yet and very painful and could not have happened at a worse place and time. Luckily, once I was in the Philippeans, I found a pharmacy who carried Diflucan. (Thank God!) My doctor emailed me a Rx. I will NEVER leave home on a trip without this drug again. My vacation was almost ruined. I took the med on an empty stomach. Later my tummy felt bloated and a little sore, but the feeling went away. That minor discomfort was worth it."

Traveling cat lady July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been having recurring yeast infections for about a year now. When I had one last year my doctor prescribed me one pill of fluconazole and it really didn't work. So I was hesitant when I recently got one last month and attempted to cure it with OTC med but I don't think it fully went away because here I am again with another yeast infection. Well my doctor just gave me 2 pills of fluconazole. My discharge has completely gone and now I still have a little itch. I'm praying after I take this second pill it would fully go away because it's really starting to depress me. My doctor is testing me for everything (even diabetes) I hope its nothing serious and just a yeast infection"

Oshah09 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Worked within 24 hrs"

Penny67733 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Diflucan works wonders and for me! It is the best choice for a yeast infection. I've had frequent UTI's since giving birth and I always get a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. Diflucan works very well and the relief starts within a day or two . The downside to this medication is the itching gets more intense as the medicine works, usually this happens between day 1 and 2. I wish that this product was available over the counter, but it is indeed a great product for yeast infections, whether the infection is mild or severe. I even took this while I was pregnant. But if I can remember correctly, if you are pregnant, you are not supposed to take Diflucan more than once."

NickieLee June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I get a yeast infection I take 200mg fluconazole and within 2 days it's completely gone! I highly recommend this medication. "

Cassie_Dalton June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've tried these several times over the years. Always had great results! I've never had any side effects. I was using creams, suppositories everything otc to no avail. but these have always helped. I normally get one to take but last time I went he gave me 4 it says as needed. That is his fault because he didn't tell me how to take it. But I took one and haven't had to use the other 3. So far so good! Whoever invented this was a great person because I've seen young and old taking this and they also have my same experience so bravo!!!"

Kenysgurl June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"2 years with yeast infection...I have tried so many antibiotics such as metronidazole, doxycycline, candid v3 insert & candid v-gel and it is not work on me. I've decided to see gynae and she gave me diflucan 150mg and now I am totally free from yeast infection for about 2 month. No more discharged going out. I feel so grateful. Thank goodness for diflucan"

Lajsbshuabaggs (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Before I took the medication, my vagina wasn't burning. Within 20 minutes, I could feel my vagina burning then it stopped. Then the burning would start up again. It happened like maybe 3 times. A few hours after taking this drug, my body felt like it was on fire. Suddenly I felt nauseated and wanted to throw up but I didn't. The next morning I felt so relieved and itch-free. No burning either. I am currently on Day 5 and I took 150 mg with one pill. It seems to be working but will confirm after seeing OB/GYN."

twizzler_92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've taken only about four times in 31 years, but one of those times is recently for a mild yeast infection. I always take the pill on an empty stomach, usually just before bed. I've never had side effects, although I know it is not recommended to take it on an empty stomach as others may have side effects. However, I never have issues taking meds on an empty stomach. If you do have problems with that, you probably don't want to try it with this one either. My discharge and odor symptoms usually start to clear within one day. This recent one was so mild, I rarely had funky discharge or an itch, but for previous ones I did have to combine the use of Monistat itch relief wipes, because diflucan may not immediately reduce that."

Ga (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 22 and have always been prone to yeast infections. I can always tell when one is coming on because it gets swollen and sore to sit/walk/wipe. My doctor always calls me in a prescription of this and it does the trick every time. It usually takes 1-2 days for me to feel 100% back to normal, and I always take the second pill on the 3rd day. As for side effects, the first few hours after taking it, I usually get shaky, have a little bit of diarrhea, and have a weird "head high" type of feeling. It subsides after a little bit and doesn't last too long. I have to say that with how painful my yeast infections can get, the side effects are worth it for a few hours. I absolutely love this medicine!"

Ashhrenee13 April 26, 2017