User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 8 reviews 34 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 84 reviews 109 medications

4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 557 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Norethindrone

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Love it"

Lexyyyyy September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had issues on this medication the first few months like extremely bad headaches almost everyday, horrible acne, mood swings and irregular periods. My migraines have lessened now however it is horrible acne that bothers me the most. It took about 6 months for my period to start being regular after being on a Combo pill 9 years"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lyza since February 2016. I was previously on Nuva Ring (which was amazing when I was in my early 20s), but in my early 30s I started getting aura migraines and my body was physically rejecting the ring. My doctor put me on Lyza and the aura migraines went away, along with my period! I haven't had a period since March 2016. I of course take pregnancy test to be sure every once in awhile. I sometimes forget to take the pill, but I'll double up the next day, still no problems when I do that. All in all, it's a great birth control! No weight gain (but I can't seem to lose the last 10lbs...)."

AmberDP September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've only started taking lyza for two months now and I been having periods last for 20 days then a week free then back to three 20 day period. Periods are extremely heavy. It's been really annoying but I'm going to stick through for at least 6 months to see if this changes. I get no symptoms so far except a little breast tenderness so I'm happy about that."

Annon03 September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm sticking it out with Lyza though most times I don't know why. Everyone is different. So don't go crazy reading all these reviews. Try it and figure out for yourself if it is good for you or not. Unfortunately besides an IUD or a baby this is my only option for birthcontrol. I have had very irregular bleeding. The spotting is enough to drive anyone crazy. My boobs hurt like crazy sometimes. I feel pregnant but I am not. Maybe that's how this pill works I don't know. Also I scoured the reviews so don't know if any one has had this experience but I have had lite bleeding during/after sex. Figure out what's good for you. I wouldn't recommend this pill if you have other options."

Mlmlmlml (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Can't say I love it but I kind of like it. First the BAD: my first month taking this was the absolute worst. I was beyond exhausted everyday and felt like I could fall asleep at any given moment (thankfully this has subsided). Also I noticed that I have blemishes that show up on my neck and jawline randomly once in a while ever since taking this. They're not terrible but I've never had this before. Finally, taking the pill at the same time everyday can be torture. Now the GOOD: I have not had a period or any PMS symptoms since taking this. I also have read that certain birth controls can alter hair and weight for some women but mine stayed the same while on this."

brep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Symptoms: Weight gain, weight gain, weight gain, overall body pain, bloating, dizziness, tiredness...After years of taking this medication, I became extremely miserable and had to backtrack to find the cause. I rated this a 10 because it is an effective birth control for many reasons. Plus side: Symptoms disappear after you stop this medication."

FortySomething August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this 6 weeks ago and today I decided to stop taking it. My first period was heavier than normal and longer by 2 days. It did seem to help my cramps a little bit. The only side effects I noticed while taking this was I had moments of anxiety that I contributed to taking this. What I really don't like is that I am now bleeding again 2 weeks after my period ended. NO THANKS! Maybe I should give it more time to see if it would even out in a few months, but I don't want to. IF your currently NOT taking birth control pills then you can use Northindrone to delay a period for a vacation or important event. Then after your vacation is over just stop taking it, it worked great for me in doing this. But not for being on it full time"

mlh22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis: "This pill is great, I've been on it for over a month and no really weird side effects. My boobs have gotten bigger and I put on a few pounds but probably from eating badly. I'm in no pain form my endometriosis and it doesn't interact with my antidepressants Zoloft and trazadone. I love this so much more than my old skyla that almost perforated my uterus. I recommend this pill to those in endometriosis pain and those who can't handle estrogen/combo pills due to other medications and illness."

Anonymousqwert August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Well I wish I had read these reviews before trying this new birth control. My doctor recommended it to minimize side effects associated with other pills. I got pregnant within months of switching. My doctor said it was because I must've taken a dose at the wrong time. True, I didn't realize there was only a three hour window. This is different than every other type of birth control pill!!!! And this important difference is not highlighted in patient training in my experience. Now I've taken the pill religiously for last two months, and I just found out I am pregnant again! I am devastated. This birth-control is not effective. Beware. Please note that I took Ocella and Ortho Tri-Cyclen for over 22 years before making the switch. I never had any problems. Do not trust this pill!"

TotallyDevasted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Imagine being pregnant and on your period at the same time -- without bleeding -- for months. That's what this pill is like. Countless pregnancy tests bought -- because surely all of this bloating, cramping, weight gain, fatigue, EXTREMELY sore and swollen boobs means I'm pregnant! Except no. This is just life now, courtesy of Camila. I ignored the negative reviews. I gave it 6 months. It's awful. And less effective than combo pills. Needless to say, I'm stopping immediately."

ByeCamila! August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I took one pill and I had major nightmares"

Dm55 August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just stopped taking this birth control due to the negative side effects I have experienced. It caused me to have severe headaches every single day, mainly behind my eyes. I also felt moody and depressed. I would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've only been on this pill 3 weeks and today I had a complete breakdown. I have been bleeding ever since I have taken the first day and today I was downright angry and crying and could not function. All for no reason. I am stopping this pill immediately. I have also been so bloated that I feel like I am pregnant all over again and I was starting to finally feel good about myself again since I had my son 6 weeks ago. And like others my milk supply has pretty much dried up! Terrible"

fromnowhere (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this medication in the winter of 2016. I was having heavy periods, as well as bleeding in between. My gyno diagnosed me with uterine fibroids and uterine hyperplasia. I was given 5mg to take every day. I have not had a period. At first it was a dream pill. I lost weight and stopped having periods. Now my stomach hurts all the time, I was diagnosed with prolapse which I NEVER had issues until this pill, my boobs are getting bigger and horrible anxiety. I asked if I could stop taking this pill and my doc said "it is preventing you from getting uterine cancer." My urogyn said my type of hyperplasia does not cause cancer. I am so done."

boomer1111 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This has Been The WORST birth control i have ever been on , It has darkened my skin , gave me the worst mood swings & lets not begin on irregular periods. Being on this seems more like a burden, stopping pregnancy is really not worth all the hell you go through on these pills."

Lakerra J (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been bleeding lightly for 3 weeks and it smells fairly bad. I'm quitting it for these reasons and going back to my old birth control pill."

Trooper12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Was on the combined pills before that made me crazy. But this pill actually doesn't do any of that for me. Sure I've gained like 20 pounds in the few months I have been taking it. I have a few more cramps then usual. No abnormal bleeding. I got a little bit more acne then usual. But this pill does the trick for me."

Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After having a baby I needed to go on a birth control that was safe to take while breast-feeding. I also, needed something that was estrogen free due to my history with cyst in my breast and could be less likely to cause cyst and cancer. So, my OB recommended this and said its the only safe BC pill to take while breast-feeding. As soon as I started taking it I started bleeding, around 10 days. So far, after a few months the only down fall seemed to be 2 possible periods per month and sometimes it the bleeding could be lengthy, however, I dealt with it and stayed on the pill. Next thing ) I started breaking out in what looked like hives on my neck, chin and face. It was really bad for a month!! I went to Dermo and told to stop taking immediately!!"

Nora Birth Control Feedback (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I don't want to scare people off from taking this pill but in the short period I took this pill I had too many issues. I am a person who has great blood pressure. Immediately after starting I noticed my feet feeling swollen so I started taking my blood pressure. It was through the roof!! I was having horrible crippling anxiety everyday for most the day and I already have depression and anxiety disorder. I was bloated all the time. I called my doctor and they told me to immediately stop the pills. I'm 37 and average weight. Birth control isn't worth having a stroke."

Dancer2280 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis: "I had the skyla IUD for a year with no problems, I've actually recommended it to a lot of people. Unfortunately after one year my skyla fell out of place and ended up somewhere it shouldn't have been, I almost needed surgery to get it removed. I've now been taking this pill for a few weeks and I feel no different than how I felt with my skyla. So far I like this pill. I was put on this pill due to endometriosis and I suffer from depression so I need no estrogen."

Anonny (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this birth control and it made my mood horrible. I got so irritable and mean. Caused my armpits to get lumps and became very sore. I got pretty severe headaches. Woke up feeling hazy. Stopped taking it right away and it all went away. Not getting pregnant is not worth the side effects. It made me miserable. Do not take this."

Sarahannmeow July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Since April my period has been one week on then the next week off , then so on. And now I've been bleeding for 23 days straight. This is terrible."

Beckka Arnold July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "First I want to remind everyone that we all react differently to medications. If I would have gone off these reviews I wouldn't have ever started taking this birth control let alone any of them. I have been on it a month now. The first week I had very high anxiety levels which was difficult to push through but after 10 days it subsided. I do notice I am bloated pretty much all the time but with time I hope that will pass as well. I have had mild cramps every now and then. Otherwise I am fine. Don't let bad reviews scare you off. I would recommend this pill."

Cherrr22 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Horrible pill that should be discontinued. I've never spotted so much in my life while being on any pill until I got on this one..and not to mention it gave me a period at least every other week. I'd rather stay on the combination pills from now on."

Shae88 July 18, 2017