User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 7 reviews 27 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 51 reviews 162 medications

4.5
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 367 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Norethindrone

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "first time to take borth control pills.. today was my first pill of micronor and after taking the pill by 6 hrs .. I started to get a lot of cramps but even more that I used to get with my period.. I don t know if this will continue or no ... I will take it for few more days and if this continued i will stop."

dodzz August 30, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I got on this birth control at 47 because I was tired of having bad cramps. I don't have any feminine problems so I really didn't need a cycle at all. I have been taking this pill for 3 years with no cycle at all. I did ask my doctor can I get off at year 2 but she said if I'm not in menopause my cycle could come down. It doesn't bother me to pop this pill daily along with my other meds. It did what I wanted who wants to deal with a cycle at my age."

Necber1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "hated every moment of it!! Went to dr because of continuous abnormal bleeding from june 10 - august 8th , the prescribed me the norethindrone i started it that day and have been bleeding non stop for the past three weeks with severe cramping and abdominal pain. Blood clots the size of my hand and lower back pain , there has been no break for me and yesterday i had ecided to stop the pill and feel remarkably better overnight."

Jay Es (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Lyza because my doctor said it would be better to get on a birth control pill with only one hormone due to history of high blood pressure on my Dad's side of the family. I repeatedly said I did not want to switch as my body was perfectly adjusted to the Aubra...but my doctor insisted I try it. I am 1 month in and I stopped taking it last night. I refuse to take one more pill. I hoped this would work for me but all I had were negative side effects that I have NEVER had (and I have been on birth control pills for 10 years!) I spotted the whole month... Continuous spotting. I was extremely bloated and gained 5lbs since I started taking it. I had horrible cramps, broke out, was moody, and it killed my sex drive."

Mlosterhout (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "i had to switch bc (Tribessa) they said I was high risk for a stroke ,so I started using lyza. It works but I have had multiple periods in a month . I'll bleed for 4 weeks then be off for 2 days and start spotting again. That's turns into another full period I don't kno if my body isn't adjusting or what"

Ash Ash August 21, 2016

For Birth Control: "I have to give it a 5 out of 10 because it did what I wanted it to do. No pregnancy and no more cramps. But the side effects of this pill are horrible. I was on the pill for 4 months and I started breaking out more than I ever had before. I had constant migraines and I’d wake up very dizzy and nauseous. The worst side effect of all was my sex drive, it was practically non existent. I was always very dry and itchy and super uncomfortable all the time. This just wasn’t worth it for me."

Tammmieee August 17, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have not stopped spotting since taking the pill, it has been about three weeks on and it's extremely inconvenient. Pain still the same. No period but constant spotting."

Tatianaa August 16, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Errin 3 weeks now. I'm a breastfeeding/pumping mother. I was unlucky and got my first period 5 weeks pp. :( My ob said a mini pill would be best for me. So I got put on Errin. I know I haven't been on it long at all, but I have continued to lose weight while taking this pill so far. (knock on wood) So I'm not to terribly worried about excessive weight gain. My biggest issue with it so far is, like I've said, I've only been on the pill 3 weeks and I have just started my second period this month. I was on my period when I started it. I stopped for 5 days, I started back for 5 days, I again stopped for 5 days, and I have just started again! If I continue to bleed every few days I will be looking into a diffent bc method."

New to motherhood (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Birth Control: "Can't use estrogen pills. This was my other option. Periods varied from 3 days to 3 weeks. After suffering from horrible depression, weight gain, fatigue, nausea, constant breast tenderness, unpredictabe periods and constant spotting, dizziness, trouble sleeping, and cramping. After a year of hoping this would get better, the side effects continued getting worse. I chose to quit using the pills. I will no longer be putting hormones into my body."

White pony 225234 August 14, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Nora for about 8 mos. It has been a positive experience. Everyone is different; the way hormones affect you will be different; I felt that on combo pills with estrogen (particularly the 2 years I spent on Microgestin, yikes), I experienced consistent depression, anxiety, weight gain. I just think the way estrogen affects MY body/brain is not good. So i tried a progestin only pill. Negatives: your period is (somewhat) inconsistent. mine has still been a normal period, 4-5 days, it's just not as easy to plan as combo pill. I do miss being able to skip periods like on the combo pills, but not feeling emotional all the time is worth it. Have to take pill at same time daily within an hour or so. Set an alarm, and it's easy!"

JTM12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This is a great pill it stops the bleeding but does give you a regular period every twenty eight days. The only con is that my breast get real tender and swell."

Jademill August 12, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Micronor pill after the Cerell pill didn't agree with me. I was on Micronor for 3 weeks and had to stop it, I was getting different side effects, my breasts were so sore I could barely touch them and I was getting cramp constantly (upto the point I was taking tablets every four hours) and then I started getting really weird cramps which I can only describe as contractions, I felt hot and sweaty with these pains and felt like I was going to pass out, I stopped taking it after I had 3 of these attacks as it was making me feel unwell. Has anyone else had this side effect on Micronor pill? I haven't had any since stopping this pill. The only good thing about it was it did actually stop the bleeding."

Hayley84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had severe preeclampsia st the end of my pregnancy that did not go away after birth. My dr prescribed this birth control because it doesn't raise your bp like combo pills do. So I waited 7 weeks postpartum to start the pills. As soon as I started them I started to bleed and I didn't stop bleeding for 8 straight weeks. Apparently, this happens to many people and it's the lack of estrogen in the pills that makes it happen.. I didn't have too many other side effects from these however. Most bc pills make me crazy.. these didn't so at least there is one good thing about them. But I did stop taking them. Now I'm going to start tri linyah.. wish me luck."

Jax211 August 10, 2016

For Amenorrhea: "I was taking a combination estrogen patch along with a progesterone pill. My insurance decided they would no longer cover the progesterone so my Doctor put me on norethindrone. I have been taking it for 3 weeks and I finally realized yesterday what was happening to me. I have been in such a horrible mood that I cant stand myself. I am sick to my stomach, my blood sugar dropped, I cant sleep, it has been a nighmare. I am better off just going through menopause the natural way."

Stlmo (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 26 and I switched from a combination pill to Nora be and I hated it. I was on it for 7 months and at first it was ok for the first 2 months then I started having 2 or 3 periods in one month for 7 days At a time. I have had extreme mood swings,depression, and major weight gain. I don't use scales because they are discouraging but if I had to guess I would say I've gained 15 to 20 pounds if not more. I eat healthy and exercise at least 2 to 3 times a week. I have decided to try out a diaphragm. I'm done with hormones. Ladies these hormones are no good for us. Even though they are effective for birth control its not worth emotional and physical distress. My advice try a non-hormonal method."

Candace p August 6, 2016

For Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for almost two years and it has been great. No weight change. My breasts got really sore at first and gained a cup size, but that normalized. I did feel like I lost a lot of hair and my acne flares up once in awhile, but drinking a lot of water helps the acne. My period was twice a month at first, but now it is every six weeks and it lasts seven or eight days. Kind of strange, but I've gotten used to it. My favorite part of this pill is that I haven't experienced pms that my husband nor I can remember. We used to get in monthly fights... I highly recommend this pill for someone that doesn't want to take estrogen. My mom has blood clotting issues, so this was one of the only options for me."

Still workin (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Dr. Prescribed for abnormal bleeding, post D&C for pcos . It has been a lifesaver for me. No cramps, period lasts no longer than 2-3days... breast tenderness something ive nevr felt until i started bc. I hadnt felt many "normal" female symptoms before due to my irregular condition(s). Therefore i was happy to experience them. I actually feel like a grown up."

Beka B (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have a very light abnormal bleeding after intercourse and was prescribed Nora be, I was so scared of taking this due to the fact that I've taken the patch, the shot and the combo pill and they all sucked, they all caused weight gain, hair loss and moodiness and my period lasted FOREVER. So I expected no less from this pill. But to my surprise my period stopped when it was supposed too, no bloat, weight gain or hair loss so far. Guess my body doesn't agree with extra estrogen so protestrian it is. If you have a bad experience with all these estrogen bc's I suggest giving this a try. Only thing I hate about it is taking it everyday at the same time but dealing with that rather then the estrogen side effect is minor."

Happy with it July 18, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Wish I read the reviews before taking Errin. I have been on Errin for 15 months and stopped taking it a week ago due to severe migraines, weight gain, moodiness and decreased interest in things that I usually enjoy. My sex drive has decreased and I have little or no interest in my husband. I could not figure out why I was so upset over small things and he even asked me to look into alternative methods of birth control. PLEASE do your research. It's not for everyone."

Tammy F. July 15, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I mean I love the pill the only problem I seem to have with it is headaches and trying to remember to take it every day at the same time.... But I havnt had a problem with the other side effects at all sense being on it and have only been on it for two months."

I love it so far (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Dr prescribed this to me on June 29, 2016 I had started my period a day or 2 before my appt. I was experiencing very painful cramps, heavy bleeding, and some passing of clots while menstruating. After taking this medication my period is still on or I'm still bleeding. A much more heavier flow with huge clots being passed now. This made my symptoms worse than before and I have been bleeding since June 29th, today is July 12th. Go back to the Dr today a Lupton Depot shot and I may stop this therapy altogether and continue to deal with my previous symptoms. Not worth it. I'm 42 yrs old have 2 adult kids ages 25, 27 and had a tubal around 2007."

Steph4000 July 12, 2016

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was previously on Lo Loestrin for three years because I cannot be on a pill that has a lot of estrogen. My insurance covered very little of it (it was costing me $120 a month) so my doctor prescribed Sharobel. I spotted for about a month when I first started taking it, and then didn't get my period for about three to four months. For the past two months, I have been spotting almost everyday, some days actually seem like a full-blown period. It will stop for a day or two at most, and then I am spotting again. I haven't experienced any other negative effects, but with this birth control being less effective than others on top of the months of spotting, it is not the best option for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Amenorrhea: "i was prescribed this pill due to being over 40,i have been taking it around 6 months,ive had no unwanted side effects and have not had a period either,ive also lost just under 2 stone in weight which is weird as my twin sister was prescribed this pill around a year ago and has also lost alot of weight(about 3 st)"

kazshell2005 July 6, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Took this for the better part of 10 years as I can't take estrogen (19-29) and had zero major issues. I got my period consistently every month except one. Had some of the more mild side effects like moodiness and nausea around my period. I still ovulated almost every month. I do think there are some other side effects I may notice as I'm coming off of it now to try to get pregnant, but nothing has been severe enough to interfere with my quality of life or comfort."

AndiPark87 July 6, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on plenty of birth control methods.. From the ring, patch, IUD and pills. Nothing seemed to work , then (as a health care professional) I decided to research and try Norethindrone (ortho Micronor) .. This was the best decision, sharobel and Micronor are my favorites! No weight gain (like I've had on others), no anxiety issues/depression..sex drive is the same. I will NOT go back to anything else! I'm so grateful "

BriiRoma1 June 30, 2016