User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.6 633 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've enjoyed the non estrogen birth control. I'm petite, active, healthy diet and the only thing I take is this pill and no other medications. I have had a small increase in acne outbreaks and weight gain, but I'm also in nursing school, working, and planning a wedding so I don't blame my birth control entirely on a little 3 lb weight gain or acne. I take a week off between each pack so my body can be natural and have a period, that is for my own health reasons. I overall am much happier with this bc than any other. I have tried and the risks are far less than the estrogen based options. Also it took time, as with all bc for my body to adjust to new hormones and monthly changes that are from my would be cycle. I recommend estrogen free bc to all females due to decreased risks."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking this after my IUD came out and my doctor advised that this was a safe pill for me since I have a history of elevated BP. Upon starting taking the pill, my breasts became incredibly tender and none of my bras would fit. After about 3 months on this, I gained about 20 pounds even while following a healthy diet and exercising regularly. I would also bleed every other week and had constant mood swings. It did it’s job though, I didn’t get pregnant but the side effects, I felt, ended up being too much for me to deal with."

KayGan February 21, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I cannot use birth control with estrogen due to migraines. I have been on this pill just for just over a year. At first it was great. Mild or no periods at all. But about 8 months after I began taking it I started having a period every 2 weeks. It is just as heavy and painful as it was pre birth control. Not a fan of Heather any more."

Smallfry77 February 21, 2018

For Birth Control: "This was (I thought) wonderful at first. I had the Nexplanon put in of April of last year and had it taken out 5 weeks later due to hormone overload making me an absolute monster. I then started Errin a few weeks later. I spotted for like 2 days the first month. Then the next month no period. Then, I got the period from hell. Cramps were ridiculous, bleeding nonstop for 10 days, it was absolutely horrible. I went to my gyn who said to give it more time so I did. Next month no period. After that, just a little. Then a little more the next month. Then December another period from hell. And then five days later ANOTHER period from hell. And then two weeks later ANOTHER ONE. It is February and I’ve already had 3 periods this year. I’m stopping this and getting an IUD and hoping for the best."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Everyone's body is different when taking any contraceptives of course so not everyone will experience the same symptoms. It's good to try something out for good three months and let your body adjust to the synthetic hormones. I personally experienced spotting for the first two months on and off for couple weeks and it has gotten better since I allowed the pills to do their job. I don't spot anymore, my periods are light if not any at. I've been taking Lyza for 6 months and it works for me. If your someone who has family history of high blood pressure and experienced myself as well, I recommend this pill for people who will take it on time at the same time each day. Do your research first, educate yourself and know what's best for "you"."

Tatiana N (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have high blood pressure, migraines, and my insurance wouldn't cover an IUD so I was put on this. I do notice my boobs are much more heavy, swollen, and sore when PMSing and the irregular periods are inconvenient and nerve-wracking. However, now that I've been on this pill for over a year, they have become a lot more regular (will still randomly show up when it's not supposed to but maybe only once every few months now rather than all the time - the periods I get are no lighter or heavier than what I'm used to). I had way worse issues with my weight, acne, bloating, sex drive, cramps, etc on other hormonal BC than I do on these. These reviews make it sound like this is the worst BC in the world, but personally, I'm not that bothered by it. It's worth it to not have migraines and a stroke risk anymore. It's not a bad option if it's your only option."

teebz (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2018

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have gained weight and been spotting and very bloated, Mood swing are out of this world. I have only been on this pill for 2 months. I am getting off it now. I do not recommend this Pill."

wen88888 February 13, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control is effective, I had no breakthrough bleeding, no mood swings, and no acne. Great for people who have migraines and cannot take estrogen BC. Highly recommend."

Madison88 February 10, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed this because I was breastfeeding and didn’t want something too strong, I know everyone’s different and these are my side effects. Bloated, headaches numbness in my arm Mood swings but the worse is I’ve been on my period for almost 3 weeks since I started taking this. So if that was the goal keeping me on my period to have no intimacy which equals no baby then good job!!"

Sunny days (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The doctor prescribed me this birth control about 20 months ago so it wouldn't effect my breast milk. Overall, I love this pill! I didn't start my 1st cycle until my baby was almost 15 months old due to breastfeeding. You must take Camila around the same time every day within a 3 hour period. Now, if I was past that window time by several hours, I did have an actual period between cycles. That has happened to me twice. I take the blame because I was late taking the pill by 9-10 hours each time and that is an actual side effect that I read happens if you end up taken it late. If I take it around the same time each day, I have no issues. My periods are now on an average 3 days a month instead of 4-5 and are much lighter. I have lost 20 lbs since Nov from only dieting. My cramps no longer require me to pop ibuprofen like they are M&Ms and I hardly feel any pain. My sex drive has remained the same but I did notice that I am dryer when I'm intimate. Buy some lube and problem solved ;) ."

KaylaN January 31, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was recently switched to Camila because I have a history of migraines and taken off the Nuva Ring that I was on for over 10 years without any side affects. I have been miserable ever since. After just a week or so on Camila, my face broke out like it's never before. I have never had issues with acne until now. After a few weeks, I stopped taking Camila because I could not take it anymore. I haven't taken it in a couple of weeks and my face has still not cleared up. I had read reviews with this complaint, but tried the pill as I had no other option. I regret that decision entirely. On top of the acne, I developed TMJ which the dentist and ENT associated with a hormonal imbalance due to stopping a combo birth control containing estrogen. I am currently not on any birth control until I meet with a Neurologist in hopes to get the ok to resume the NuvaRing again. I wish I could give Camila a zero for rating."

Amanda C NY January 29, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill for almost 2 years because they stopped making Camilla. On Camilla, I had no periods. With Heather, I have gotten my period back. Unfortunately, over the past 1.7 years, my period has gone from something that lasted a week, to one that trickles out for 2 weeks. And I don't even think of not taking the pill at the same time every day. Even missing it by 1/2 hour caused me to have a period for a week, then my regular period would start. I can say that my boobs hurt and I'd get a break out of pimples at some point before my period, pretty predictably. My sex drive also waned, and found that I would need to use lube when it comes to sex, whereas I did not have that problem before. I'm now considering another pill since my pimples seem to be becoming more severe (relative to not having pimples in the past) and are staying with me longer. I'm tired of periods lasting 2 weeks! I gave it a good amount of time, it just doesn't seem to be working for me."

Jean_Na_Te January 29, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Jolivette due to high blood pressure caused by a combination pill. I bled every other day for the first three months with major cramping and fatigue. I was not myself after three months; a severe drop in my bodies ability to produce natural estrogen; hair has thinned significantly, cycle has disappeared, no period my boobs shrunk, sex drive basically non existent also NIGHT SWEATS which were out of control. Hot flashes. soaked my sheets 5 nights a wk. physical side effects were awful in my experience, its harder to pinpoint the mental; I haven't been myself without my cycle. I stopped this pill a week ago; never again. Will be naturally tracking my fertility from here on out. Beware of the mini pill."

nomoresynthetics January 26, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I see so many bad reviews on here but I really have enjoyed being on this pill. Only a few negative side effects but they are definitely manageable. My skin got significantly more oily in the first few months, but with the right skincare routine and waiting it out, everything’s settled down. My period has been irregular, I now get my period every 2-3 months. The unpredictability of it is kinda annoying, but not unmanageable. When I do get it, it is still average duration and flow. Give it a chance, and wait at least 6 months for your body to adjust to it."

Anonymous January 25, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve always had a long and irregular periods, so the pill did not affect my period at all. The main change was extremely sore breast and slightly worst cramping. But definitely manageable for me. So the absolute worst thing was the depression. I’m exactly a month and and about three weeks ago I started having extremely bad depression. And breakdowns the point I was having super depressing thoughts. Over the past few weeks I kept questioning what the hell was wrong with me. One morning I forgot to take my pill and then I realized holy moly it’s that damn pill. I’m stopping today. I do not recommend this pill for anyone."

Jana Laiel January 20, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After having discontinued BC altogether 4 years ago now, I was hesitant to begin this pill. However, after having my first baby 4 months ago (and being that I breast feed so I need a lo hormonal dose) my midwife insisted this was good for my needs. I'm 5 or 6 days in and I threw the entire pack away. I have severe abdominal cramping/discomfort, I haven't bled since delivering my baby but from day 2 of using Jolivette I began to spot, now I have a heavy flow. I can do without this awful pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control was awesome!! I'm a type 1 diabetic so it's very important that I chose a birth control that wouldn't aggravate my blood sugars. I was only on Heather for a few weeks, but didn't experience any adverse side effects, and my blood sugars didn't spike or anything. The only symptom I can think of is a slight loss in sex drive, but nothing too hampering. It only cost $4 a month! (without insurance but with a voucher) Think I found my preferred BC!"

t1d (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Lyza broke me out terribly from the time I started it. Never have I had such severe acne in all my life. Also, my period was always regular, but thanks to this pill it came at the worst times (always random and unexpected). Gave me a terrible yeast infection And I will never take this medicine again. Worst birth control I've ever taken."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "By far THE WORST birth control I have ever taken!!!!!!! I'm 33 years old and have tried several brands and never ever reacted as horribly as I did on Nora-Be! It made me suffer from terrible migraines, bad stomach aches, mood swings, nausea, some dizziness and all on a daily basis. The worst part of it was the humongous cystic acne it caused all over my face. Unfortunately it was the only b.c. I could consume since I was breastfeeding but after 4 months I just had to put an end to my misery and discontinue it. Especially after the bad stomach aches that caused bloody stool. What the heck??! This pill should be illegal."

Alejandra13 January 12, 2018

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill in October of 2017, I was on it for about 2 1/2-3 months before I stopped it because I hated the fact that I bled and spotted for about 18 days. I started the pill again about a month or two later I've been on it for almost 2 months now and I'm still experiencing longer periods and spotting for two weeks or longer, I've gained a bit of weight but not sure if that's from the pill or not. Overall I don't have any side effects other than the crazy amount of time I bleed and spot and some bloating, I'm trying to stick it out for at least a few more months to see if the spotting will stop if not I'm definitely not staying on the pill."

Liah1111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was given this pill as my only option for birth control pills because of my family's history of blood clots. I have currently been on this pill for 4 years and my body has not felt the same since. The first year consisted of heavy clotting and irregular bleeding. I also experienced high levels of mood swings and weight gain. I hate this pill and without insurance, I am left with very few options. I then decided to cut back and take my pills a couple times a week. I have seen small improvements but nothing major. I would never, in my life recommend this pill to anyone. So please, if you have other options. Make this your last choice."

Chapner (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "So I have Metrorrhagia, Menometrorrhagia, PMDD,and Ovarian Cyst. So far I do have relief with the progestin only birth control pills Micronor of the generic brand. I noticed that additional water retention fluid has decreased, no weight gain or very little if only temporary. I feel relief for my PMS depression and anxiety or other personal/private issues. I don't actually take the birth to prevent pregnancy and it works very well for what I outlined."

AshleyN80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Started this birth control about 7 months ago. I love it I did spot and have 7 day periods for the first couple months, but I haven’t got my period since. I love it, doesn’t make me feel sick, and since I switched to this birth control I haven’t had one yeast infection, which was very common with my birth control before. I’m very happy with it!"

:) January 5, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: "So let's just start with the fact I'm trans (FTM) and that I was on another medication right before this. Went to my doctor to switch medication to stop horrible mood swings, headaches, nausea etc, the Nora BE was prescribed started a period 15 days after my original December one. It's now day 7 of this period (mine used to be 3-5 days mind that) and its just rubbish. I was told it'd thin out my lining so then I don't have a period EVER again, but now I don't believe them and I'm gonna email my doctor about it because she said it WOULDN'T do what it's currently doing to me. She even said because it'd stop the periods, I'd stop feeling so much dysphoria around my gender...haha that's a lie."

nickoli January 3, 2018

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This has been one of the best birth controls for me. I don’t get any cramping, bloating, pain, weight gain and my periods were very light and short (2-3 days). My skin was really clear. I don’t think it messed with my libido but I do think it made me a lot drier during intercourse. I was on it for about almost 2 years, stopped taking it because I was dealing with other health concerns, but thinking about starting back on it. The only inconvenience is taking it in the same time frame, but it’s the pill so..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2017