User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Jolivette, Lyza, Sharobel, Deblitane, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Heather

Amenorrhea 7.1
Endometriosis 5.5
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,089 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

baby # 3 on the way · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 23, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Used this Jencycla birth control pill as an alternative to my old prescription while I was breastfeeding. I am now pregnant with my 3rd! a lot sooner than I was planning. I never missed a pill and always took on time, I drank one time during this cycle.”

Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2020

Aygestin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: “I have had excessive bleeding, blood clots and bad cramps since 2016. This medicine Aygestin is my last resort, I've been trying to avoid surgery. This medicine has helped with my symptoms, however, I have experienced some side effects from Aygestin, 1. Allergy symtoms: runny nose and sneezing (daily). 2. Acid reflex (daily). 3. nervousness (occasional). 4. Mood swings, feeling uptight (daily). 5. Feeling hot (daily). 6. Trouble sleeping (occasional). 7. Frequent urge to urinate. 8. Weight gain. Although I had these side effect symptoms it is still better than what I had previously experienced, I am considering surgery. I just want to feel somewhat normal again.”

Ani · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been taking Jencycla for 6 weeks and oh my it is the worst thing ever. I have broken out in these little bumps all over my body and especially on my neck and they itch really bad and I haven't had a period, but according to the test I took I'm not pregnant. It makes me kind of nauseous and made my skin break out. I read online that this is just when you first start taking it. I can't do this anymore I am not going to wait around for it to stop doing this, I'm too itchy and miserable and I'm just going to stop taking it”

Lemur · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “After the birth of my second child I went back to my pre-pregnancy weight within two weeks. I went for my six week post pregnancy follow up and my doctor put me on Heather. I immediately started having periods twice a month even while breastfeeding. Then the weight gain started, and hair loss. I have gained 25# in 3.5 months! I workout daily and eat healthy. My hair also falls out in handfuls every time I touch my head. I have also started to break out with acne. I was on the mini pill with my first child and it did not have these side effects. I will be discontinuing use of Heather immediately!”

Motherof3girls · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on this Jacycla pill for a year now. Chose this one because I wanted to breastfeed my newborn. This is the first time I use birth control so IDK how to compare to other pills but I honestly feel like this caused me postpartum depression. I feel on edge most days and really overall depression. I didn’t think it was the pill but upon doing more research I found that maybe it has been the pill messing with my overall mental health. I’ve gained tremendous amount of weight. I eat like I normally would over the years but I feel like after starting the pill weight just packed on easier. And yeah I also don’t feel motivation to do much around the house, I think that comes from the depression. I was waiting for a full year of using it to pass to really be able to see if I liked it. I haven’t gotten pregnant since on it. So that works fine, but at the cost of my mental health and physical lol”

av July 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was prescribed this by my regular doctor, she's a very sweet lady but this stuff was awful. I've never been on birth control btw. I experienced spotting for a month, I've gained 20 pounds within the past 3-4 months (I'm very skinny this is definitely the birth controls fault), & increased my anxiety & depression, which I haven't had problems with for a year. I couldn't have sex in any position except missionary because it was too painful. The only thing it's "helped" with is not get me pregnant. Overall, awful experience with this, absolutely hated it. The weight gain has seriously ruined my self esteem and I can not tell you how awful sex is. Sex in the past never hurt for me, even my first time. I've always been very physical & loved sex. Now I have it every other day with my boyfriend (every 2-3 days), and the pain is unbearable. When it goes inside of me, it feels like it's scratching & I'm in pain for the rest of the night. -100000/10 would not recommend”

Dont Use It · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 25, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Micronor did prevent pregnancy but it messed up my hormones terribly. I always had regular periods that weren't painful. After taking Micronor they stopped completely. I was on Micronor for years and my doctor assured me this was normal. Once I decided to stop Micronor my period hasn't come back. It's been 2 years. If anyone is thinking they will want to have children in the future I do no recommend this birth control as it really messed my hormones up.”

Samantha · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “This tulana was my first time trying a progesterone only pill. My whole life I've been on the estrogen/progesterone combined pills. On the combination pills, I had horrible nausea and migraines. I struggled for years because I wanted birth control but could not function with optic migraines from the estrogen based pills. I started TULANA and HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL! These pills changed my life because I can now use birth control and feel like my normal self! Ive always hated birth control until now so I would for sure recommend this! The one downside is the timing of this pill is crucial for it to be effective. Also, you take a pill everyday even on your period because there are no sugar pills. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started this 11 days ago. it started out good, but 4-5 days into it I started to get bad leg cramps. That was alarming so I stopped taking it 2 days ago. I'm switching to a new form of birth control. I'm not a fan of the pills. Definitely watch out for leg cramps, it's a warning that the pill could start to cause blood clots. I'm very happy that I stopped taking it. So far I'm feeling a lot better”

Jasmine June 15, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I am anemic. My doctor put me on the medication to stop my period so that I could rebuild my hemoglobin . I took 5mg for 3 weeks. It gave me a low grade fever, extreme vaginal dryness, and elevated ALT (liver issues). When I stopped taking the norethindrone I developed SEVERE cramps. I have to take aleve daily because of the EXCRUCIATING pain. I don't know what I'm going to do. The pain is unbearable. I wish I hadn't taken these pills.”

Unsure June 13, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Errin is Awful!! So I had my IUD removed and was put on Errin First month was fabulous one regular month lasted 6 days but my normal was 4 still not a big deal So month two first week not so bad at all and then the rest came. It’s been about 3 months and I have bled every week for 3 weeks. It’s great for preventing pregnancy but costing me a fortune in feminine hygiene products because I just can’t stop bleeding. My skin stays broken out, my breasts are constantly tender. The second month I bled with a 3 day break following and I have been bleeding since and it’s not just a light flow I’m talking if you feel the need to change your product you better run to the nearest restroom. For me it has just gushed and I can’t quite understand why. I contacted my OBGYN and was told to stop taking it immediately but if I had dizziness, shortness of breath or a racing heart I needed to get to the nearest emergency room. Apparently it’s a common side effect but not a good one and not right for me”

Mom1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Started Jencycla to see if it would help with heavy periods. I’m 43 years old and iron is low. Used it for 2 months hoping it would decrease the monthly flow. Didn’t notice any change...still very heavy periods and lasting 7-8 days. Initial side effects headache, cramping, irritability And fluid retention...all went away except the extra fluid after a few days of use. I stopped the pill because it wasn’t helping and didn’t like the fluid retention.”

silesile · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was on Errin for two months. I'm in perimenopause and it was recommended to control some abnormal bleeding. The first month was ok, but I basically bled all of month two, either spotting or very, very heavy. Stopped it a few days ago and still bleeding. I went to the doctor and had an exam - no other physical cause for the heavy bleeding. He agreed I should stop taking it although he wanted me to try originally for three or four months. I don't see how - this was the worse bleeding ever. I'll take perimenopausal irregularity over this.”

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I recently started taking norethindrone birth control because I was having 2 week long periods so at first it was working great , I was about four days in and stopped bleeding completely, a week later I started spotting and now I haven’t been off my period since it’s really has caused me problems emotionally, I would never in 1 million years thought at 22 I would need to get a hysterectomy or partial hysterectomy just to get my body back on track I’m sad all the time because I don’t feel myself anymore like how I did before these problems arose”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Ok so weird experience. I switched to Errin after using lutera which made a benign lump in my breast grow. I decided not to mess with that and switched to progesterone only Errin. When I first started using it, every week I would get really sad and moody. I also was pretty nauseous around the same time every day and my boobs were really sore and bloated. Also it stopped my period for two months which was spooky. So after two months, I stopped using it for a month. This was also when my boyfriend and I got separated due to quarantine so there was no need. I started it again a month ago, since I was going to see my boyfriend again and absolutely no mood swings, no nausea, no painful breasts. I don’t know what happened but I’m thrilled! Also my breast lump hasn’t grown or changed at all so no scares there.”

Peach · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2020

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been using this for 2 years and I have no issues. My period comes exactly in 28 days and I didn't experience much side effects IMO maybe only a decrease in libido but it may not be due to the bc. I've stopped having acne as well”

Ric · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 1, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I see a lot of people leave really bad reviews for this birth control pill Camila and while I know people react differently, I thought I’d share a positive experience. I went on Camila because I have a migraine disorder and can’t take combo pill. The only side effect I’ve noticed (I’ve been taking Camila for almost 2 years) is occasional spotting and a slightly longer period, which are common side effects. Besides that, my period is regular and I don’t didn’t gain weight or experience any other negative side effect.”

Laurel · Taken for 10 years or more May 29, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “This medication SAVED MY LIFE. Norethindrone acetate/generic Aygestin, 5mg 2x a day. My periods have always been extremely heavy with debilitating cramps 24/7, so much so that do anything but lay in bed. Took various birth control pills for years trying to find a solution. Nothing worked, so I went to the best gyno in town & she prescribed this; I was so desperate & didn't have a life anymore. It took a few months to a year for my periods to completely go away. They gradually lightened & cramps stopped; I could hang out with friends & go to school again. Root cause of my abnormal bleeding was a bicornuate uterus & heavy lining, & had a procedure for that before going on this medication; it helped, but the bleeding was still debilitating, so I have aygestin generic to thank for everything. I'm happy again & I look forward to my life because of this medication. I will never be going off it. No side effects.”

Codafitness · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was on Heather for three months. I’m a 38 year old female and 135lbs who gets migraines periodically (2-3/per month). Heather was suggested due to migraine history. During those three months, I experienced unpleasant side effects. I gained a little weight, had great difficulty losing it even though I’m quite active and was exercising 4x a week. I started to breakout about 1 month in, I experienced some form of cystic and painful acne. The acne showed up on my jawline, face and the back of my neck. Tiny rash like bumps stayed on my neck and never went away for the 3 months I was on it. My experience was terrible on this pill. I switched to Viorele, a combination pill with a very low dose of estrogen and within a week, my acne has showed signs of clearing up and the rash on my neck is disappearing. I have naturally oily skin and was cleaning my face and neck 2-3 times a day, but I continued to get cystic acne when on Heather. Switching off mini-pill was the best decision.”

Stacy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “First time trying birth control and it was terrible! I stopped after two months because of terrible acne and weight gain. The first couple weeks I had a few headaches and woke up nauseous but it went away. The only upside was regulated periods.”

Star May 24, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I stopped taking the depo shot due to the negative effects on my mood, weight gain, and sexual appetite. I was not on any birth control for about a year and then decided to try Nora Be. I’ve been on it for about 3 months now and out of the entire 12 weeks, I’ve been bleeding for about 9 weeks. It is terrible. Not just a little spotting. No. BLEEDING. I’ve also had BV (bacterial vaginosis) which I’ve never had before. I also gained about 10 pounds in 3 month which is scary. I am done with this pill. The only positive thing I have to say about it is that my acne has cleared since being ok this pill. However I also started taking a probiotic for the BV so that may have been what helped the acne too.”

Honey May 23, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Errin is the best pill I have taken in the last 3 years! (22y/o) Started taking it after the birth of my 2nd child because Sprintec sent my mood in a major depressive tailspin 7mo after my first child. This is important, because the break in birth control due to the major mood swings on the combined pill was how I got pregnant with #2 earlier than desired. Errin is my first progestin-only pill ("mini-pill") and has had no effect on breastfeeding, no spotting or breakthrough bleeding, just some dry skin and minor acne. I feel totally comfortable taking it for the next few years and if you can manage your skin regularly, 10/10 recommend asking your GP. My friends and husband like my better on this pill because I am more myself PLUS protected from unplanned pregnancy. Double win!”

Ikz May 19, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I switched from the patch to "Errin" in mid February by my doctor as she was worried its was affecting my blood pressure as it was too high. I've been on it for 3 months and have and inconsistent periods. 1 being a week and a half long, spotting a few days after I had just had it, not getting a period at all the following month and now receiving a very light period (possibly spotting) for 5 days already. During these 3 months I have gained 10 pounds although I have not changed my healthy eating habits and actually added a few workouts during the week. I have noticed I'm moody or depressed throughout the day at work & at home a couple of times a week. Nice that my blood pressure has been normal, although I'm taking blood pressure medication as well. I'm currently switching to the patch again once I finish this pack since I'm not happy with the outcome. Hope this helps to whoever is seeking insight who has high blood pressure and considering taking Errin.”

Lele · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started Errin at the suggestion of my OBGYN...but after a month and a half, in which I developed a rash near my mouth and hadn't had a menstruation, I stopped taking it. Not having a menstrual freaks me out. I'm not a 28 day cycle person, but I do have a menstrual once a month. Not having one, alarmed me (my youngest is 8 months) because we're not trying to have any more children. I've taken a pregnancy test, and it came back negative...but here I am, a month since my last pill, and still no menstruation. My doctor had prescribed me a different mini pill that I was supposed to start after the Errin pack ran out, but I haven't started because I'm waiting on my menstruation I don't like the lack of a period or the rash (which went away after I stopped taking Errin). Those were the only 2 side effects I had from this pill.”

Skat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Used this for birth control. I had a TIA at a young age, so my Doctors prescribed this pill as I can't have the others. I had no issues with it. Maybe loss of appetite, but not a bad thing as I enjoy too much junk food. So overall, this pill helped with obviously birth control, no weird symptoms. Maybe a moment of dizziness, but nothing scary. Plus side, helped me chill out on junk food!”