User Reviews for Norethindrone systemic

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Errin, Jolivette, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Ortho Micronor

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.1 783 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this pill for about a month. This is actually my first time ever taking BC I must say the first week just a bit nauseous and slightly dizzy. Other than that no problems. I get my period every month with no problems and happy that I don't need to worry about getting pregnant :)"

MARIEL (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I made it four days before I had to stop taking Jencycla. I missed two days of work because starting the second night of Jencycla I could not sleep and it made me feel like my heart was going to pump out of my chest, sweating at night, and nausea and dizziness so bad I couldn't work. It made me feel "buzzy." This stuff is way too strong."

jrb (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I usually take tri-sprintec, but have had a lot of migraines with my period so was recommended this, Norlyda. I have gained a little weight which isn’t a big deal since I’m only 110 to begin with. But I started breaking out. My face mainly, but my chest and back. I’ve been taking the pill for 3 months now. My face is always covered in acne. So frustrating. I make it a habit to wash twice a day but nothing is helping. Since it’s winter I don’t care about my chest or back. I also haven’t gotten my period at all. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I haven’t had any symptoms or signs that I’m pregnant. I took the test just to see since I haven’t gotten my period. I showed a lot of symptoms last time I was pregnant. I have a DR. appt in March, which is the soonest I can see my dr. I want to go back to my old brand."

AMME (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I can’t take regular birth control due to risk of blood clots, so my doctor suggested this one. It is great. I have had no side effects at all, and I am so thankful for an option that works well for me!"

KayKoolaid (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This medication made my life purely awful. I have PCOS and was placed on Jencycla for period regularity. Well, I was on it two years. Lost almost all of my hair, was having horrible mood swings and depression, gained more weight and became suicidal. My doctor kept telling me it was related to PCOS and kept putting me on more meds that I refused to take. So eventually I decided to stop taking it and honestly I never felt better. In two months I’ve lost twenty pounds, my hair is growing back quickly, and my mood swings have slowed tremendously. I do not recommend this med but like with any other it effects people differently."

NurseC (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2019

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this birth control for two weeks and I have not stopped bleeding since. I bleed very, very heavy and have very alarming size blood clots from the size of a golf ball to small fruit it’s insane! The cramps are ridiculous and I can’t even work because I am on my feet which makes me bleed heavier, in three hours I just went through two overnight pads and 3 super plus tampons!!! I’ve also gained 10 lbs in two weeks and my skin is so bad and it has never ever been bad! This stuff is horrible!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2019

For Birth Control: "I’m 48 and had to switch to non-estrogen pills for blood pressure. I had been taking combo pills for 20 plus years. I took the pill at 7:40 am every day. First week: felt warmer than usual at night while sleeping. Had migraine for one day of first week. Three days in , I had a three day period . Light bleeding, almost no cramping. On 7th day- no bleeding and no problems. I will continue taking same time everyday and hope I never see a period again. Will update. Have been checking blood pressure and seems much better. Will update in a month."

Icmom (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Birth Control: "The first three months on this pill were a nightmare. I bled every day for just about three months and I put on 15 pounds. After the three month mark, my cycle is very irregular to the point where I can go 6 weeks without my period... Or get it every 2 weeks. :/ Not to mention, I've had near constant yeast infections since I started this pill. No amount of clotrimazole can rid me of this evil! The only good thing about this pill is that I'm not pregnant. (As far as I'm aware.)"

Snart (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After being on a combination pill for almost 8 years my doctor wanted me to switch to a progestin pill due to the fact that I have a liver condition, while I protested I switched. As soon as I switched the first day I got acne, and the second I started to get major headaches all day that lasted until end of the pill. The fourth day period started with HEAVY bleeding like never before with huge clots, bad cramps, and crazy mood swings and depression. I called immediately to switch back to the combination pill as soon as possible. I might just be a bad case, but I'm just putting this out there to let others know it wasn't effective for my case."

Cc (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control is AWFUL. Within the first two weeks of taking it I've had unpredictable bleeding, extreme mood swings, and horrible acne. I hate not being able to predict my period."

alli432 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was having very very heavy periods at the age 44, I didn't want a to get a hysterectomy so I went to see my primary doctor and he recommended giving me the Depo Shot this was my first time getting the shot so I decided to give it a try. That was one of the biggest mistake I could have made. It made me bleed for months and to remind you this med stays in your system well over the 3 months, so I didn't go back for my 3 month shot and I decided to see a Gyn Doctor. My blood work revealed Anemia from loosing so much blood so I was put on a high dose of iron and she prescribed me Tranexamic Acid 650 mg. This doctor and the medication was a life saver my period is only 3 days and its much lighter. No cramps, no weight gain, no issues and I have been on it for 1 1/2 years I make sure to start it as soon as I start to bleed. I hope this is helpful to someone with the same problems. I love this med."

Tiger (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’m breastfeeding so my doc gave me this med as birth control. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 months. During that time I’ve been extremely gassy, gained about 20 lbs (after losing almost all the baby weight!) with no change in eating habits (generally eating healthy and balanced and exercising) and have felt “blah”. I have not experienced any bleeding-no period, no discharge, no cramping or abdominal pain. I do have breast tenderness. No emotional side effects like mood swings. At first I didn’t realize what was making me feel this way. Thought it was the stress and business involved In taking care of 5 kids. Then when I was taking the pill one morning my husband suggested maybe it was the reason. I went online to see if others also had similar issues. Needless to say I’m making an appointment with my doc to see if she can switch to something else that safe to take during breastfeeding. Hope this feedback helps. "

Momoffive January 17, 2019

For Birth Control: "I started this med 2 months ago after the birth of my daughter. My libido is at an all time low, my skin is dry and flaky and I have constant gas. I had some spotting when I first went on it but nothing since (that could b the breast feeding). I am experiencing terrifying vivid nightmares. I don't have a history of them but these are waking up in a pool of sweat afraid to go back to sleep nightmares. Stopped the med and they were gone by day 2. Won't be using this med again."

NewMamma2018 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I have been taking this pill for about 3-4 months now. I started taking it because I was and am sexually active and I wanted extra protection. However, It has caused my period to come every 2 weeks. Previously it would come at a normal rate, once a month. I do not understand why this is happening at all. I have had mood swings and issues concentrating while on my period that I did not have prior to taking this pill. The worst has honestly been the cramps. The cramps that being on this pill are absolutely terrible. I did not really have really bad cramps before, they had been pretty subtle, never too much. However the cramps in combination with the excruciating back aches it has caused, well all I can say is, you may want to call in sick that day. I have honestly considered just stopping taking the pill without even asking my doctor, since I haven’t been able to get in contact. Honestly if it keeps up I’m just going to stop taking it. Absolutely terrible."

Mxdgrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and this is my first BC experience. The first three months on this pill kinda sucked, but I expected that. Your body needs time to adjust. I had a lot of spotting and irregular periods (2 in one month, 8 days between cycles, etc.) But these are really the only side effects worth mentioning. I had lost some weight due to lack of appetite right before starting, and am since back to my normal weight so I can't say if this is because of the pill or because I started eating normally. I've always had acne and it's no better or worse than before. I'm into my 4th pack and things have gotten much better for now. I haven't had any spotting in a while and it looks like I'll be getting my period at my normal time this month. You have to take it at the same time everyday. Consider your schedule/routine when deciding on a time. The pill is most effective for 20 hours so also consider when you are most likely to have sex. 12 pm is perfect for me."

f January 15, 2019

For Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. I had THE MOST painful cramps during my periods to the point where I would crawl into a ball on the floor screaming and wailing in pain. I absolutely dreaded my period and had to plan around my period because I knew that I would have to stay home and be in agonizing pain. Norethindrone has been a LIFE SAVER! My dr. recommended it to stop my periods so that I wouldn't feel the pain anymore. The first month I had spotting for 3 weeks. I was taking at night time but then I read the bottle and said to take it in the morning. As soon as I switched to taking it in the morning, the spotting stopped! I haven't had a period in 6 months! I'm pain free! Thank goodness. For years I thought my cramp pain was normal but it wasn't. I wish I'd found this medication sooner. Cons: - weight gain - my acne increased -I started giving off a scent. It's not bad smelling but it's weird. I'm not happy about the side effects but they're a small price to pay in exchange for being pain free!"

Allie January 13, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "I started this med only a couple of months ago for cysts and possible endometriosis. Not only have I had EXTREME weight gain in a very small amount of time, but i ended up with another cyst anyway. I’m also tired all the time and feel foggy. Never again."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

For Birth Control: "This pill works perfectly. I take it at exactly the same time everyday, I’ve had some days where I took it a few hours off but no pregnancy or break through bleeding occurred. My period is still the normal 6 days that it was before being on the pill, it is slightly lighter though. I have no side effects at all. I would suggest this form of BC only if you are very diligent in taking the pill at the exact same time every single day. I love it! I was on Mirena before this and mirena stopped my periods but affected my moods drastically and that is an understatement."

Jess January 6, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this pill shortly after the birth of my second son. I began getting severe migraines after his birth and so my OBGYN put me on this pill to help regulate migraines and make my periods to little to none. But I have been taking this for 2 months and have had 4 periods. I will definitely be going to back to my doctor to switch to something else!!!"

Kelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My whole life, I’ve had normal periods normal skin, etc, and four years ago, I began taking the generic Ortho Tri Cyclen purely just to prevent pregnancy. After starting OTC, I experienced significant weight gain & swelling, acne on my face & scalp, and total loss of libido. My doctor switched me to Sharobel and I was on it for about a year. The acne subsided and I felt a little bit more like myself, but after about 3 months, my periods went haywire. Sometimes it would be more than two months between them, and other times they’d come back-to-back. I’ve also experienced significant hair loss/thinning. My gyno is at a loss for recommending alternatives. My PCP suggested I go back on OTC to regulate my periods. Three weeks ago, I switched back to Ortho Tri Cyclen, and already I’ve had several huge pimples break out on my face, and my feet and ankles swelled up. My libido is totally gone and I don’t know what else to try."

BizCal (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on the brand Ortho Micronor until my insurance company decided not to cover it anymore-- they put me on Jolivette. After about a week of taking this pill I noticed that I was getting horrible anxiety about the smallest little things. By week 2, it was so bad that I was afraid to leave my apartment. Simple tasks such as going out to dinner, or going shopping with friends became very taxing. As someone who has never experience severe anxiety, this was a very scary time. I also knew that this wasn't normal for me. I stopped taking this medication and the panic and anxiety attacks stopped. I will never recommend this pill to anybody as it was one of the most depressing and scary times in my life."

Kelsey (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am at the end of my third month taking this minipill. For me the worst side effect has been irregular periods/bleeding. I have periodic (no pun intended, really) spotting that I never had before, and my last two cycles have been MAJORLY thrown off. My normal cycle length is about 24 days long, and I recently had a 14 day cycle, and then an 11 day cycle. This put me about 8 days between periods, which is no fun at all, and has put a damper on intimacy a few times. The last period was very light compared to my normal flow. Also, I was about 11 hours late taking one pill in between these two cycles. I have noticed some correlation between being late by even a couple hours, and spotting, so that one missed pill probably could have thrown me off a lot. I'm sticking with the pill for now to give my body a chance to get used to it and adjust, as I have read that this is one of the most common side effects."

fs December 27, 2018

For Endometriosis: "I took this drug for THREE DAYS. I became extremely ill after the second pill. I had severe pelvic pain right underneath my pelvic bone that I've never even experience with endometriosis. My pain from endo is atrocious, but this was a different pain. I was too nauseous to even eat much, I was so exhausted I couldn't get out of bed, I was short of breath, I was crying at everything, very irritable and I had dark thoughts, I was weak, and shaky there's no way I could tolerate this medication for even a week. It's 100% not for me. I called my doctor and she told me to stop taking it."

Wiggly (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "So far things are getting alittle better with my periods been on this drug for almost a month"

Ash88 (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this 6 weeks after my daughter was born. I’ve been taking for 3 months now and am officially stopping this pill. It has made me bleed so irregularly and heavily that it’s unmanageable. It feels like I’m bleeding more so than when I am not. I’m not sure if I am experiencing other symptoms but definitely look like I am more bloated so maybe that’s something I’ve experienced as well and haven’t correlated the two. My primary reason for stopping is the excessive bleeding."

Mere (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018