User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel, Tulana …show all brand names

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.1 741 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been on this for 3 months now. Only taking this pill because I am currently breastfeeding and have no other options, really. I've had probably 6-8 periods since I've started this birth control. I'll bleed for 6-9 days, stop for less than a week and start the process all over again. The bleeding is heavy. I've gained some weight. The acne is terrible and extremely painful. I've developed constant cramping and occasional heart palpitations. Oh, and the hair loss. My god. I have to empty my brush 2-3 times when I brush my hair, and clumps come out in the shower. The worst side effect I have encountered on this pill is the moodiness. I get so angry for absolutely no reason and catch myself freaking out over the littlest things. The side effects of this pill are terrifying. I've been on numerous different pills as well as the depo over the last 11 years, and this is by far the absolute worst. I would never recommend."

Mama-1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Birth Control: "This is the first and only birth control I’ve ever taken and I love it! I have been taking it for almost 2 years now andIi haven’t gotten my period at all (which I actually kind of miss it). I used to get heavy painful periods and now I don’t, I would get migraine with aura 1-2 times a month now I only get them every few months I used to have pretty bad acne and now I don’t, and I haven’t gotten pregnant yet ;) everyone is different though!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "With my experience - Don’t get it !!!! I have been bleeding for 2months !"

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "Errin gave me the worst acne I have ever had in my life. I took it for four months. Never again..."

Brey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control sounded amazing when the doctor told me about it, but its not all its summed up to be. Yeah I haven't gotten pregnant yet but I mainly take it because it was suppose to help my period lighten up and be less painful. Not at all. I've been bleeding non stop almost like I have my period but I don't. I've been spending more money now since I need to use tampons and my boyfriend won't have sex with me when I'm bleeding. Also, the cramps are never ending. Not as bad as they were but I take it for the reason of having a lighter and less painful period. I don't recommend it."

Kylee922 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After being on lo lo estrin off and on for years and having bad symptoms my Dr decided to switch me to Camilla 0.35 mg. Previously, when I was on loeloestrin, I almost immediately had side effects. Extreme bloating (5 lb weight gain), no motivation to do anything, tired all the time, no sex drive and spotting. With Camilla I have none of those symptoms. Feels like I’m not taking anything. After my bad experience with lolo I did research and found Lolo is made up of 10 micrograms of synthetic estrogen and 1 milligram of synthetic progesterone. Camilla has NO estrogen and 1/3 the amount of progesterone. This was a life saver for me."

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "First of all, everyone will have their own unique experience with birth control. My experience with this BC was pretty good. When I first started taking it, I felt a little dizzy and nauseous for about a week. I began taking this BC to treat for heavy periods. It definitely reduced my bleeding, as needed. It also cleared up my acne and levelled my mood. What I didn’t like was the unpredictability of my cycle. Sometimes I would go 3 months with no period...sometimes I would have 26 day cycles. Sometimes I would go a month or two feeling great. Sometimes I would have PMS symptoms (mostly bloating, tender breasts, and some cramping) for months. Knowing this BC is not as effective for preventing pregnancy, several times I felt like I might be pregnant and I stressed about it a lot. After 2.5 years of taking this BC, I decided I wanted something that makes my cycle more predictable and more effective. I’m now taking a low dose conventional BC and I feel so much better."

Furstin (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Birth Control: "Using for birth control, cramps, and heavy periods since February. I'm in the process of getting off of this medication though. I still have a lot of painful cramps and I'm still having heavy periods. Also, I'm having a period every two weeks (not just spotting). Personally I like combo pills better but my gyn won't put me on them again because I suffer from migraines."

Jane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Before taking this I was on lo lo estrin fe and it made me lose weight, made me stop eating, dehydration, so I stopped taking it. The only other option other than depo that they could give me was Errin. It doesn’t make me feel any better nor start my periods. I have intense migraines, abdominal pain and bad nausea, the whole reason I was put on birth control was to make my period start & nothing has changed and to keep my ovarian cyst away"

Babygirl1217 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My doctor switched me to this from NoraBe. I'm so glad she did! I often forget to take my pill. When I would forget with NoraBe, I'd feel meh all day. I have an active 3 year old who I stay at home with. If I'd miss a pill, every little thing she did would stress me out. With Jolivette, if I miss a day or don't take it on time, my family doesn't notice as much. My old non-existent sex drive is gone! I had absolutely no desire do anything. Now, my hormones are all levelled out and I actually find myself initiating which is something I haven't done since before my pregnancy. I don't notice any other side effects besides breakthrough bleeding. I've been taking this for two months and my cycle still isn't on a regular schedule. NoraBe had me menstruating every two weeks. Now Jolivette is causing breakthrough bleeding so I'm never sure if I'm actually starting my period naturally or the breakthrough bleeding is happening when my period should be starting."

HiBP (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this medicine on time every day and I still got pregnant. Prior to that, I was bleeding a regular period two times a month. Terrible."

Amber (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for 9 months and my periods were horrible- long heavy and not very predictable. I had my first child 10 months ago and was prescribed this pill because I'm breastfeeding. I took this pill at the same time every day and was very diligent not to miss and BAM- positive pregnancy test. :S"

Momof2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control: "I started taking the mini pill 2 years ago. I'm over the age of 35 so a combo pill becomes more dangerous for clotting. My doctors kept pushing an implant and I've never wanted to mess around with a IUD, so I tried the mini pill. It took my body about 6-9 months to get use to it but I'm so glad I gave it a fair chance. I experienced break thru bleeding and headaches at first but when my body got used to the new hormones everything smoothed out and I couldn't be happier! You gotta give your body a chance to get used to new hormones and you'll be happy you did. No side effects and no babies!!!"

Lucy (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control: "I left a review earlier about the bleeding but forgot to mention I got yeast and vaginal infections all the time on this birth control! It made me smell so different and gross! Enough to the point where my boyfriend noticed it during sex ALL THE TIME(so embarrassing). I thought there was something wrong with me so I kept going to the gyno. Finally I just had enough and stopped it and after 8 months and I don’t get infections and or smell anymore. I’ve been off of it for two months now and just the other day my boyfriend told me he doesn’t smell anything anymore."

Laur (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this pill 7 days ago and it's been a wacko 7 days. Days 1-2 I had spotting, 3-to 7 have been nonstop bleeding. It's like am I gonna run out of blood soon from so much blood bleeding. I'm on my 2nd box of super+ tampons. The cramps are insane. I had cramps before but these make you want to vomit and pull your hair out. I wouldn't suggest this BC at all.. I was only prescribed it because I have a history of migraines.. plus I said ok, because the doctor made this pill sound amazing. Bye Lyza, thank you for ruining the last 7 days of my life."

KK (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 1.5 years now after being on the combination pill for almost 10 years. It does its job by preventing pregnancy and I no longer get the intense, debilitating migraines that I had while on the combo pill but I will say that my acne and oily skin has increased. It's not all over but it seems like I always have one that will randomly pop up on my face and back every other week (WHYY??) and I also need an oil blotting sheet every other hour or so. I have never had a period or spotting while on this, nor have I had any PMS signs. Which is kind of nice but it can also make me second guess whether I am pregnant.. When I first started it, I was scary exhausted for the first 3-4 weeks. It was as if I could fall asleep at any given minute during the day. But after that I adjusted to it. It's kind of a meh pill but does what it's suppose to!"

emy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control: "Horrible !!!! I think it should be banned. Beware. FDA needs to investigate."

Annoyed September 20, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was given this pill to slow down my bleeding long enough to get a saline ultrasound. I am now having harsh stomach pains, diarrhea and pains. I called my doctor and she told me that my side effects weren't due to the pill. They're listed on the side effects manifest. I would rather deal with bleeding because my stomach is killing me. I even changed my diet to ease the diarrhea....didn't help. This pill is not good."

Ladybug (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Nora -be now for 2 years and it’s work good but it gave me Most has of the side effects: blurred vision breast pain changes in menstrual period chills dark urine decreased vision diarrhea difficulty with swallowing discouragement dizziness double vision feeling sad or empty general tiredness and weakness headache heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding hives light vaginal bleeding between regular menstrual periods loss of interest or pleasure migraine headache nausea and vomiting It’s reall makes me feel sad all the time even in the happiest times I can’t feel happy any more ."

Diala (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on put on this pill (1) because of my high blood pressure and (2) in January I had a molar pregnancy had to get a DNC and had to check my levels for 6 months straight so my Dr didn't want any more pregnancy til I was in the clear. If I would've known that I would have so much spotting in between periods, I would've never gotten on this pill. If you miss taking it by 1 hour, you will have 1 week of spotting. It is horrible. I've been spotting for 2 weeks now because I missed 1 dose. I can't take it... the stress of the spotting for so many days is making it worse.. I can't no more. I'm getting off this pill"

Unhappy September 18, 2018

For Birth Control: "I had a C-section 5 months ago, about 3 months ago I got on this birth control. I haven’t had any issues, and definitely not pregnant! I do still get my periods but they are light and only for 2-4 days, mine were similar to that before tho, guess I’m just lucky. I recommend, it does it’s job and I have no noticeable symptoms! I’m also only 18, so maybe it does different things for different age groups!"

FiasMommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I’ve been taking this for 4 years. I like it well enough. I do have abnormal periods though and it didn’t help my existing acne problem but I have never gotten any crazy side effects from it! And it has prevented pregnancy thus far. The regular pill was causing migraine so this was a great alternative for me."

Bbbb (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for : "I was put onto Nora-BE for Fibrocystic Breast Disease (FCB), and this has helped drastically! Nothing seemed to have worked; all sorts of vitamins, pain relievers, etc. Doctor was almost certain that the pain I was experiencing was as a result of hormones. I have been on this BC for about 2 months. Pros: no more breast pain, hormones are balanced Cons: HEAVY periods, acne"

vb85520 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control: "2 weeks in, no negative side effects. I have noticed my mood is better and no migraines yet which were weekly before. Time will tell but so far so good."

Steoph (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and have been taking this for over a month now since I have signs of endometriosis. I haven’t had any bad side effects, except for mood swings. No spotting or periods. I’ve been taking it around the same time every day, most I’ve forgotten is about 45 minutes. Despite my insurance not wanting to cover it, I definitely wouldn’t change it. At first I noticed my stomach hurting a lot as it was transitioning from combo to mini pill, but eating something with it took that away. If you’re unsure, I feel like this is your best option concerning mini pills. A lot of others have awful reviews and this has given me a seamless experience. Not pregnant either!"

Lxrst (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...