User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 6 reviews 27 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 48 reviews 162 medications

4.5
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 351 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Norethindrone

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Dr. Prescribed for abnormal bleeding, post D&C for pcos . It has been a lifesaver for me. No cramps, period lasts no longer than 2-3days... breast tenderness something ive nevr felt until i started bc. I hadnt felt many "normal" female symptoms before due to my irregular condition(s). Therefore i was happy to experience them. I actually feel like a grown up."

Beka B (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have a very light abnormal bleeding after intercourse and was prescribed Nora be, I was so scared of taking this due to the fact that I've taken the patch, the shot and the combo pill and they all sucked, they all caused weight gain, hair loss and moodiness and my period lasted FOREVER. So I expected no less from this pill. But to my surprise my period stopped when it was supposed too, no bloat, weight gain or hair loss so far. Guess my body doesn't agree with extra estrogen so protestrian it is. If you have a bad experience with all these estrogen bc's I suggest giving this a try. Only thing I hate about it is taking it everyday at the same time but dealing with that rather then the estrogen side effect is minor."

Happy with it July 18, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Wish I read the reviews before taking Errin. I have been on Errin for 15 months and stopped taking it a week ago due to severe migraines, weight gain, moodiness and decreased interest in things that I usually enjoy. My sex drive has decreased and I have little or no interest in my husband. I could not figure out why I was so upset over small things and he even asked me to look into alternative methods of birth control. PLEASE do your research. It's not for everyone."

Tammy F. July 15, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I mean I love the pill the only problem I seem to have with it is headaches and trying to remember to take it every day at the same time.... But I havnt had a problem with the other side effects at all sense being on it and have only been on it for two months."

I love it so far (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Dr prescribed this to me on June 29, 2016 I had started my period a day or 2 before my appt. I was experiencing very painful cramps, heavy bleeding, and some passing of clots while menstruating. After taking this medication my period is still on or I'm still bleeding. A much more heavier flow with huge clots being passed now. This made my symptoms worse than before and I have been bleeding since June 29th, today is July 12th. Go back to the Dr today a Lupton Depot shot and I may stop this therapy altogether and continue to deal with my previous symptoms. Not worth it. I'm 42 yrs old have 2 adult kids ages 25, 27 and had a tubal around 2007."

Steph4000 July 12, 2016

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was previously on Lo Loestrin for three years because I cannot be on a pill that has a lot of estrogen. My insurance covered very little of it (it was costing me $120 a month) so my doctor prescribed Sharobel. I spotted for about a month when I first started taking it, and then didn't get my period for about three to four months. For the past two months, I have been spotting almost everyday, some days actually seem like a full-blown period. It will stop for a day or two at most, and then I am spotting again. I haven't experienced any other negative effects, but with this birth control being less effective than others on top of the months of spotting, it is not the best option for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Amenorrhea: "i was prescribed this pill due to being over 40,i have been taking it around 6 months,ive had no unwanted side effects and have not had a period either,ive also lost just under 2 stone in weight which is weird as my twin sister was prescribed this pill around a year ago and has also lost alot of weight(about 3 st)"

kazshell2005 July 6, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Took this for the better part of 10 years as I can't take estrogen (19-29) and had zero major issues. I got my period consistently every month except one. Had some of the more mild side effects like moodiness and nausea around my period. I still ovulated almost every month. I do think there are some other side effects I may notice as I'm coming off of it now to try to get pregnant, but nothing has been severe enough to interfere with my quality of life or comfort."

AndiPark87 July 6, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on plenty of birth control methods.. From the ring, patch, IUD and pills. Nothing seemed to work , then (as a health care professional) I decided to research and try Norethindrone (ortho Micronor) .. This was the best decision, sharobel and Micronor are my favorites! No weight gain (like I've had on others), no anxiety issues/depression..sex drive is the same. I will NOT go back to anything else! I'm so grateful "

BriiRoma1 June 30, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "34 yo; overweight; pcos: I went to the doc for bc because my pcos was causing abnormal bleeding again. I wasn't prescribed a combo pill because I've had migraine before and was assured Nora-Be would stop the prolonged bleeding I was experiencing. Nope. My flow increased dramatically on day 3, I've had stronger cramps than I've ever experienced before, my whole body is swollen (feet and legs especially), my mood and energy has plummeted, and my frustration has increased After much research I've discovered that the progestin norethindrone is the worst kind for pcos."

Anonymous June 30, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "Due to blood clot and diagnosis of autoimmune clotting disorder (anti-phospholipid syndrome), I had to be put on a non-estrogen birth control to help with my endometriosis. The pill has caused me to spot just about every single day and I have been on it for over 6 months. It has not been able to control the cramps and I have to have 800mg ibuprofen on hand at all times. It has cut down on my 7-10 day very heavy period, but since I spot every day; not sure if its really helped with the blood loss and anemia. When I started, I had just about every symptom of pregnancy; but I was not pregnant. This went away after about 1 month of use. Unfortunately, this is my only option at the moment, so I'm kind of stuck with this."

greenprincess20 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Horrible birth control. I can't take regular birth control due to having breast cancer in my 20s. So they gave me this...severe cramps from the beginning and horrible back pain. It made me miserable, some say to wait it out but I stopped it in the first week. I would rather run my risk with regular birth control than to ever take Nora be again."

CarolineN13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Birth Control: "I have only been on for a month but I had the tender breasts as well. I didn't know why until I read it here. My menstrual cycle lasted much longer than usual and would get lighter and think I was almost done just to have it get heavier again.. usually lasts no more than 4 days this time has been 6 days so far... wtf! Lol not happy with that at all.. time will tell if I continue or not."

JennieKay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After having my first son I went on the mini pill because I was nursing him. I was on it for about two years and the side effects were minimal. However, I'm on it again now while breastfeeding and I've noticed a lot more side effects. The facial hair growth is ridiculous. I have to pluck my chin like once a week. I suspect it's also causing my moods to change. I feel manic depressive. I go from feeling great to feeling suicidal within the same two hour period. Overall, it's doing what it's supposed to do. I haven't gotten pregnant. But maybe it's not worth it. Tracking my period and avoiding not ovulation really isn't that hard."

ClaraOswin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2016

For Birth Control: "I just recently got off of this birth control after 9 months because I was almost constantly bleeding. My doctor told me I was "free bleeding" because of this birth control. It may be effective, but I do not want to be on my period more than I'm not,"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control: "I got put on movisse a month ago, since then I am AMAZED !! This is the best birth control I have ever used my skin is pretty much clear now , I don't really get a period just some break through bleeding and I don't have to many side effects. I am so happy with this pill unlike others I have tried I highly recommended it!! Not to mention its 13.00 for three packs !!!! Love love love it"

Lililo44 June 16, 2016

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After having awful hemiplegic migraines with aura (which mimics a stroke and is really scary) on the combined pill, my OB prescribed this instead. I have not had one of these debilitating migraines since. I do notice some hair loss but it's not noticeable to anyone else but me. I rarely get breakthrough bleeding (but I never had heavy periods to begin with, just really painful). The tradeoff is so worth it. This pill has made my life so much better."

Happy User June 16, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The first month I took this pill I had extremely tender and sore breasts. I also had spotting and got my period 4 times in two months. I finally stopped taking it the second week into the 3rd month because I got terrible acne like I've never had in my life and my period, again. Worst pill I've been on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Errin was great for me for 9 months until I stopped breastfeeding my son. He just turned 10 months and I just found out I'm pregnant! I've always taken it at exactly the same time of day and haven't missed a pill without using a backup method of protection. Surprise!"

Surprise! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Before this I tried one mini pill and had mood swings/break outs. Then tried combined pill (lucette) and gained weight rapidly-even went up a cup size in a week. As a result, I felt depressed because of my weight gain. I then tried the IUD, intercourse felt like being stabbed internally and I had bleeding everyday for four months with flesh clots. Although my gp claimed this wasn't because of the IUD, they eventually removed it due to an ovarian cyst. Within days all side effects stopped, but my gp put me on Cerelle, which made me have insane mood swings and depression. This is the first pill with no side effects other than light breakthrough bleeding every few months."

Cammychestnut June 8, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I got switched to this because I get auras with my migraines. It gave me menstrual migraines, and periods every other week. My periods were heavier, longer and a lot more painful. I don't really have PMS, but on this drug, I get mood swings, painful constipation, acne and a sore genital tract. The menstrual migraines went away after three months, the first month the period pain went away. Over the course of 18 months, my vaginal discharge disappeared. It made sex so painful that it's impossible. It also cause stress incontinence. I've been off it for six months and the lack of discharge still a problem because I'm apparently not allowed to have any type of estrogen."

Tired Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking norethisterone 3 days ago. I was on cerezette for 2 years and after a year of not bleeding the flood gates opened so to stop the break through bleeding they gave me the norethisterone to take 3 a day for 10 days. It's not working and is definitely making it worse, I'm also more tired, irritable, my skin feels dry and itchy and so on. Unfortunately it's Saturday and I won't be able to see my GP until Monday but in definitely going to be coming off these pills for sure. I don't recommend these pills and hope they can stop my bleeding some how. I'm allergic to tranxamic acid. If only men had to suffer as much us ladies..."

Tomandmandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Tried for 3 months because all other types of pills were causing me ovulation cyst problems. Jolvette made me gain weight bloat break out on my face feel depressed have low libido and very swollen soar breasts. This pill is not worth the issues. I'm stopping immediately. I have never gain weight on a pill like this. I work out and am pretty fit. Hopefully I can loose it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

For Birth Control: "My doctor put me on lyza norethindrone tablets 6 days ago I started spotting on 5th day n still spotting today 6th day is the spotting ever gonna stop or am I gonna have a period nexted ? I was on another birth control n didn't have periods I stopped the with other birth control pills please help"

Ramsey69 June 3, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "DONT LET THESE REVIEWS SCARE YOU! Every one is different 9 times out of 10 ppl who like this pill won't even share their experience its just the ones who don't like it! It's great I'm 24 and have had no period no symptoms what so ever. I'm already on anxiety meds but I don't take them and this doesn't change a thing in my mood I'm fine 100% I love this PILL-no weight gain either. Happy pill hunting!"

MamaJen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016