User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 8 reviews 34 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 62 reviews 169 medications

4.4
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 454 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Norethindrone

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been on lyza since 8/16...have had a normal heavy period every month since. Except for 1 month it was surprisingly light. This month it's a week early and I'm annoyed. Lyza has been hell. My boobs have been sore, acne at first but that's gone. My appetite is out of control. The only reason I started was to stop my period. My cramps have been the worst ever and more clots coming out then ever before."

Princess hendrixx February 17, 2017

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So, I can't say how well this actually works because I was trying it out to balance my hormones and make some gut problems less painful. However, I've been on it 4 days and just have been feeling cramping and bloating. That has made my gut issue worse. If you don't have gut issues already, this may work for you!"

cowhow February 17, 2017

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been taking Lyza since December 5th, 2016. I have had vaginal bleeding since December 7th, 2017. Yes, that is 71 days straight! I have not had any other side effects from this pill but the bleeding is enough to do me in. I keep waiting to see if it will even out but again this week it is heavier then just spotting and showing no signs of slowing down. I have high blood pressure which is why I am on this pill but I don't think I can keep taking it much longer. So frustrated!!!!"

MNnicegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched to Nora b because I was experiencing bad head aches on combination hormone bc. The head aches stopped but I bleed multiple times a month. It's terrible. It feels like I never get a break from my period. I'm on day three of the placebo pills and I still haven't bleed too. I'm definitely switching to a different medicine."

Sarahg111 February 14, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I took this pill for a long time without facing any psychological issues. I had no weight loss or gain. no acne. This pill is great in the fact that it does not have a warning for blood clots/DVT/PE since there is no estrogen. However, the downsides to it, for me, were that it did not suppress my ovaries enough and I had 2 periods a month. Also, It caused my ovaries to have a lot of painful ruptured cysts that led me to hospital stays they were so bad. My GYN made me switch birth control to one with low estrogen in order to better suppress the ovaries."

mgw55 February 12, 2017

For Birth Control: "I have had several experiences with BC, this is by far the WORST pill I have ever taken. I have an eight month old, was put on this pill because I was breastfeeding. I had cramping so bad that my DR ordered an emergency CT scan because he thought my appendix was going. I could literally freak out at the drop of a hat, and cry just as a quickly and for no reason at all. DR thought it was postpartum depression, turns out it was just this crazy pill. Days after stopping this terrible medication I feel like I have gotten my life back. Mood is better, no anxiety, I can sleep! And the pain is going away."

Ging27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this pill about a month after having my son. Since I began I have had irregular bleeding throughout the whole month. And I've gained about 15lbs in the month I was taking it. I was back to my prepregnancy weight of 125 before this pill. I absolutely hate it. Bloating. Weight gain. Cramping. This pill is a nightmare!"

MomLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2017

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 42, started this pill as a birth control method & also to hopefully reduce my heavy monthly periods, 2 months in now & my experience is horrible! I have 1 week left of pills & I'm not going to continue to take them... 1st month started pack on Sunday after my period was finished, after another 7 days approx. of taking the pills I have another full 6-7 day period...then after that around day 21ish (which should have been when I was supposed to get my period) got it yet again... I'm on pill pack 2 now...I'm now due for my period, I've had breast tenderness for 2 weeks and horrific cramping every evening (I take the pill in the morning) occupanied with nausea...side effects make it hard to tell if it's the pill or pregnancy!"

Vnomiss January 21, 2017

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was another mini pill and bled daily so went to the family planning clinic and they put me on this. Initially I went through the range of side effects including nausea, pmt etc but that was just for a couple of weeks. I have been on it for 5 months and it's fine. I still get a period but it's a lot lighter than it was before as I have a fibroid. I have unprotected sex and no issues so far."

Ldee22 January 20, 2017

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking Lyza on the second day of my period and it's been 2 weeks now I'm still bleeding. And this is the first time I have to take pain reliever on my period. Plus I'm gaining weight too.. this pills sucks"

Alex12 January 18, 2017

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am looking to get off of the birth control Errin because I have had 3 periods in one month! I have never experienced this before when taking a regular hormone birth control. I plan on getting my old birth control back immediately!!! I was only taking it to breastfeed, but I am not breastfeeding anymore and can move on to the regular birth control."

Crystal Marshall January 18, 2017

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Hated every minute of this birth control. Stopped after 3 months, constant period and bought tampons every week!! Totally not worth it."

Kittykitty84 January 16, 2017

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Really happy with this pill. I had been on cerazette which caused 3 months of continual spotting. As soon as I switched to micronor it stopped and now I only get 2 days of light bleeding a month, with no adverse side-effects. :)"

Bexy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2017

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am a 35 female, no kids. I wanted to pursue birth control as my periods were debilitating and I bleed very heavy. I have a very sensitive body. I wanted to feel normal in the sense, that I have been getting my period since age 10. And after all these years did not want to deal with stressing about how my body would react from my period. My body actually has gotten more sensitive this year. I thought I was seeing doc but ended up seeing midwife. Was prescribed jolivette. Took at night and was nauseated, lightheaded, and blurry mind. Next day cramps and felt like i was having a period/ bleeding feeling without bleeding. In the evening felt off/ unsteady like going to faint. Don't think is norm. Will not take again. How long to leave my system?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was put on micronor 4 months ago because I had headache with previous pills. I am about ready to stop this also last month I had break through spotting for 2 1/2 weeks. This month 4 days prior to the end of the pack I developed abdominal cramps I mean really bad and a lot of breast tenderness now I've been bleeding very heavy with terrible cramps for 3 days . This is the worst!!! Confused"

Miss 75th st January 12, 2017

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have suffered from PMDD which is basically extreme PMS with really bad mood swings. I would tend to be antisocial and irritable half the month. On Jolivette my mood is much more stable and I feel like myself instead of feeling out of control of my emotions. Shorter periods very light. Other pills with estrogen effect my moods negatively. This works great."

Flotter (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After 5 years of the Mirena IUD, it got lodged in my uterus and required surgical removal. I was going to get another one until that happened. I was then on the depo shot and gained a ton of weight. Since I was a smoker and over 30, my doctor didn't want me taking anything with estrogen, so she put me on Sharobel. I noticed that my boobs felt HUGE and super sore for the first week, and also my chin and back broke out for the first few weeks. The only other gripe I have with this pill is that it has to be taken the same exact time every day. I'm busy, forgetful, and my schedule is all over the place. Might be going back to the shot soon just because of that. Upsides: less risk of blood clots and No period to speak of (yay!)"

fidddish January 11, 2017

For Birth Control: "I've been taking this birth control pill since June, it is now January. I had pretty bad migraines the first month but decided to stick with it. The migraines went away after the first month. My periods before taking this pill lasted 9 days! It was hell. This pill has now reduced my period to only 4-5 days, which is awesome! I'm so happy about that. However, I have a lot of spotting with this pill and it drives me insane."

Happygirl123 January 11, 2017

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If you want to bleed constantly, heavily, and unexpectedly, this is a great pill for you! You also get the bonus of horrible bloating, quick and noticeable weight gain ( I gained 15 pounds in 2 months, and I have an excellent diet). I can't have sex with my boyfriend because I am ALWAYS bleeding. So I feel low self esteem because I can't be intimate with the man I love, which makes me feel insanely sexually frustrated. This is a horrible birth control option. I took it at exactly 12 noon every day and never missed. I had a total mental breakdown this morning because I realized I have been bleeding for about a month and a half and I am fatter than I have ever been in my life."

Gloria8888 January 4, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was prescribed this medication to take 3 times a day over 25 days due to having 2 periods a month and spotting in between. But I finished the tablets, got a period 3 days later but I'm still having the bleeding issues! It's day 10 now and the tablets have not worked and I'm not happy about constantly having a period, but no birth control agrees with my body."

Not impressed January 1, 2017

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I started this BC due to painful periods/irregular periods. I had tried a combo pill called low low estrogen and it just gave me terrible side effects. Jolivette seriously helped me out. I rarely get periods, unless I'm super stressed out, no mood swings and no pregnancy (though that didn't become a concern until last year). I've been taking it for four years now and would highly recommend this. Saved me a lot of hospital visits and made my life easier."

m.queen (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

For Birth Control: "The worst generic brand. I took Micronor and switched to generic for insurance purposes. Back pain, bleeding never ends..I am getting the Micronor back this norethindrone is not for me."

Abby75 December 30, 2016

For Birth Control: "I've been on Lyza for 6 months. Experienced severe constipation and bloating before realizing this pill is the culprit. Been off pill now for two weeks and everything has returned to normal. Not worth the side effects."

Michelle r28 December 28, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for about 5 months now. I still have a period even though you aren't supposed to get one with this pill. My periods used to be 3-4 days but now they're a long 7-8 days. My periods were regular but now they are irregular. But as for birth control, this works pretty well. I take it every day at the same time and have never missed a pill. I do feel nauseated when I take it without a meal. I've always had hormonal acne but it has not made it any worse. The only con to this pill is that you feel bloated all the time. I've had unprotected sex and protected sex with this pill and have had no babies."

kdd17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "When I first started this BC I liked it...first month no bleeding missed my period totally and my nipples hurt so bad I thought I was pregnant but then a week into the second month my period showed up. I lost weight that I gained on previous birth controls so I liked that about this pill but now I've been on it for 6 months and I've noticed the past 2 months I've had little To no sex drive and it makes discharge REALLY thick I don't like that , also it's making it so it's nearly impossible to orgasm all of a sudden and I'm getting acne.I'm not super happy with this BC and I'm going to switch but I am glad it worked well for 4-6 months considering how sensitive I am to BC pills."

Anonymous December 27, 2016