User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Heather, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Sharobel, Jolivette, Deblitane, Jencycla, Norlyroc, Tulana, Incassia, Lyza, Nor-QD …show all brand names

Amenorrhea

4.3

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 897 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Christine · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started googling this before I went on and the majority of posts are negative - so I'm posting due to a positive experience . I started a month and a half ago after being on a combo pill for my entire life. So far- no issues, no weight gain, the only kinda weird thing is that I haven't gotten a period. Don't hate it but will probably think I'm pregnant constantly because I"m so paranoid that way .LOL No side effects so far aside from a bit of cramping!"

SD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 18, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Started taking Nora BE (norethindrone) about ten months ago after having a serious DVT and pulmonary embolism with lung damage. I had been on Nuvaring prior to that for over a decade without issue, but after DVT/PE I can only use birth control methods without estrogens. Overall, I am satisfied with Nora Be and haven’t had any pregnancies while taking it. When I first started, I did notice my breasts were more tender, periods were less regular/reliable and I had some hair loss (although I am unsure on whether taking this caused it). Those have all resolved. It has to be taken at the same time every day, so I set an alarm and am pretty good about taking it on time. I take a pregnancy test now and then if my period runs late. There has only been one month on this pill that I did not get a period. It can be less convenient than other methods (at least at first), but better than nothing for those of us who have limited birth control options due to health issues."

Ach August 15, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I gave Errin birth control pill a whole year to settle in with my body. I gained weight, have had irregular periods, including one that leaked all over my white pants (talk about being 44 and feeling like you are 14!), fatigue, you name it! I also have had issues with inflammation and an undiagnosable lymph node issue in my neck that happens to flare up just once a month. I’m convinced it’s due to this pill. Stopping it today after talking to gyn."

Tora422 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on this pill only 24 days so I am going to give it a chance but... I am going through perimenopause so I take the pill for better control of my period. Not for BC as I am infertile. After 20 days on the pill I started my period. The first day was minor spotting it has now been 4 full days of HEAVY bright red bleeding. With constant clots. Clots when I pee, clots when I wipe, clots on my pads, clots on my tampons. Some are small like pea size and some are huge like quarter size. I am extremely tired, I have no energy and fear I am becoming anemic. My doc wants me to do a full 3 to 6 month trial with it because it does take time to get the full effect."

Madderz · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 14, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "I got on this Nora-Be pill maybe 3ish years ago. Thought it was helping my Endometriosis. But my Gyno and hormone doctor told me it wasn't great for helping Endo. I'm taking progesterone as a hormone pill. Nora B has made my life change for the worse. Horrible acne, weight gain and unwanted hair on my face. Also my mood has changed since I've been on it. I stopped taking Nora B today and I know once it gets out of my system I'll be way better. In the near future probably 2-3 months I do wanna get back on a better birth control that will help it better. I do not recommend this birth control to any women with Endo. Does not help and makes things worse for you. I am 26 years old and without insurance right now. Without it, the pill for 3 months is over $130. Again I do not recommend this birth control"

Bling · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Ok so after giving birth in 2011 to my last child I had a tubal ligation done via c-section, 2 years in after my surgery I started having problems so I coped with it for another 6 years after that I could not take it anymore so I went to see my doctor because I was bleeding for more than 15 days so she administered the depo shot and I bled for approximately 6 and a half months. So I stopped the depo and the doctor gave me a proscription for Errin birth control - worst day in my life. So after 3 months in I stopped taking the pill, now 4 months later I’m still bleeding and there are clots at this point I don’t know what to do this whole ordeal has me super depressed"

Anonymous August 13, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: "I have been on Micronor for 3 years. I have migraines with aura so this was the only birth control possible for me at the time. I was 16 when I first started the pill and got very light spotting at first, then everything disappeared. I didn't get my period for 2 years, no PMS, no spotting, no nothing. I didn't gain any weight, no acne, no headache. It was bliss for 2 years, then anxiety came by. I had nausea all the time and I didn't want to eat, so I lost 15 pounds in one summer (I was 18, 5'9 and 125 pounds before). Then around November last year I started having my period again. Before the pill, I was regular and had little to no PMS, but now I had crazy nausea, headache, sore breasts and bloating for a week before I got my period. Plus, it lasted longer than before and hurt so much more. Now, I get my period every 4 to 5 days and they last 6 days. I will be switching to Kyleena (an IUD) soon. I'm giving this 9 on 10 because it gave me peace of mind for 2 years and I never got pregnant."

Nani · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on a different norethindrone tablet. It went on back order so the pharmacy gave me Camila brand instead. I haven’t had a period in 3 months. I did get a little acne and weight gain but I also got a cyst in my uterus. I had to switch to the mini pill because of my blood pressure. My doctor hasn’t got back to me and I am considering stopping the pill. I have wasted so much money on pregnancy tests and doctor visits. I am considering going off all birth control. I liked the no period but it kind of makes it hard to figure out if you are pregnant or not. My first doctor did a pelvic exam and said oh your period will come. If it doesn’t in 2 weeks this will be 4 months no period but also cyst in my uterus and some follicular things in my ovaries. I am gonna have to bug my doctor because she hasn’t gotten back to me. I would say don’t take this bc."

nic · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had weight gain and severe hormonal acne after 5 months on Jolivette. I would not recommend."

JustMe · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am taking Micronor for over a year now. My doctor prescribed because I have bad migraines, which gets worse with combination pills. I was super happy in the beginning because my migraines stopped completely, but with the time the other side effects became worse and worse: my breasts are extremely swollen and painful, my husband cannot hug me, it really hurts, terrible cramps, spotting for 15 days non stop and mood swings. I had to stop unfortunately. I'm not sure if Cerazette could be better, but looks like is about the same."

Jj · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2019

For Birth Control: "Took this pill one time and immediately felt strange. Woke up multiple times from shortness of breath that night and chest pain. I also experienced minor sharp pains throughout my body. The second it started dissipating from my body I felt 1000x better. Horrible experience but I could have been allergic. My friend however takes it and loves it! So it’s all up to how your body handles it! Just wanted to write my experience in case anyone else could relate"

SH · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

For Birth Control: "After reading so many negative reviews, I was hesitant to take this pill. However, I’m glad that I tried it. I started taking it 8 weeks ago (after not being on BC for 10 years). The only negative side effects have been mild breakouts on my chin and some breast tenderness during my cycle. I’m happy to report that my periods are much lighter than they have been over the last decade."

Lilu · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So far so good! I was previously on Ortho Tri but then swapped to generic version TriNessa and it was horrible!! I had break thru bleeding for like a month then bad headaches and I felt like I was going insane with my moods and feelings. I asked gyno to switch me to something not so hardcore and she prescribed Jolivette. Its been great! No break thru bleeding, slight headache (once in a while) bigger boobs and, sometimes I break out. Other than that I’m doing ok on this pill. I started taking it mid June and I’m on my second pack so I hope it continues to be the same all year. You have to remember to take it at the same time every day, set an alarm because it will not work if you’re late."

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on Errin now for almost 3 months. I used to get my period every 20 days which was too frequent for me, lasted 3-4 days. Now, I am bleeding every day, granted some days it's just spotting. I am officially quitting today, yesterday I started bleeding so heavily that I filled my overnight pad in less than an hour and there was heavy clotted blood. I had never experienced this before. I read about breakthrough bleeding, but I can't anymore. I didn't gain weight, I didn't get acne and my hair is the same. I am 38yrs old. Everyone is different, but this is my unpleasant experience."

Lulu July 23, 2019

For Birth Control: "I really don’t have anything negative to say about it. I take it at the SAME time every day My breast got very sensitive so it was uncomfortable to wear a bra at times. No hair falling out. No weight gain. This works very well as a birth control because I, again, take it very single day at the same time. Your window is only three hours. Ps. I waited a week so that my body could get used to this new thing before having unprotected sex. Please be wary when listening to some reviews. If you psych yourself out on weight gain. You will gain weight. If you psych yourself out on losing your hair (you will stress and guess what? Loss your freaking hair) Every woman’s body is DIFFERENT! I took the combo pill and it was horrible for me. I took nuvaring and again, horrible. My body can’t take both hormones. Please remember, most women that this pill works well for. They do not even think to leave a review!!"

Anonymous July 23, 2019

For Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for 6 months & love it! For the first week I had headaches for about 30 minutes & very minor nausea for only & days that went away with some dramamine or a tums. During the 1st month I had some mood swings but that's pretty normal. I only had spotting for two days & it wasn't bad, there was only pink spots when I wiped. The only downside was that after 3 months I had gained 15 pounds which may seem alarming but it was due to the bad cravings & because of my bad anxiety that made me loose my appetite before the pill. So after starting, it brought my appetite back & I think it helped with my anxiety! My boobs & hips got bigger, which was nice! After talking to my gyno about my weight, I ate better food and worked out and the weight fell off in 2 months! I seriously love this pill and have not experienced any negative side effects directly caused by it. If you're looking for a pill that doesn't give you a lot of bad side effects I definitely recommend this one!"

CysterMister · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was given this birth control for PCOS after my previous pill (Diane 35) caused blood clots to form in my body. The only side effect I had is extreme boob tenderness and tightness that went away after a couple weeks, though my nipples still feel sore. If I miss even one pill or am late more than an hour, I get a period. I didn't have a period for a whole year and even on Diane 35 I wasn't getting much but boy did Jencycla turn that around!"

Kiki July 18, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Took for 1 month. Spotting day 2-30. Terrible!! Do not take this pill!! My doctor prescribed To lighten my period. Terrible decision ! Spotting every other day for over a month! I told my doctor about spotting while taking it and she thought I was crazy! I am so annoyed!! I asked 4 times to get off of these crazy pills &they thought I was crazy! Now reading reviews I see I am not alone! Something needs to be done about this pill! It’s supposed to be birth control for me is well. Well there you have it folks I’ve got birth-control all right-I have heavy spotting every other day and I have been off of the crazy pill for almost 2 weeks! Shame on the manufacturer and my doctor for not hearing my concerns. I can see you gals and I are not alone -I’m sure they heard this complaint before! My question to all of you is how long is it going to be before I stop having spotting every other day. I have not taken a The pill for almost 2 weeks & still have crazy spotting. Smh in Texas."

Alba · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

For Birth Control: "I started taking this medication 2 years ago whenI had my second child. I didn't have any side effects at the time except for lightheadedness and hair loss, but I have really thick hair, so it was refreshing to shed off some hair. However, about a year into it I had awful cramps for one menstrual cycle; thereafter, I was having 2 menstrual cycles per month!! I spoke about it with a gynecologist, and she told me it was the blood thinner I was also on, and I needed stronger birth control to control my cycles. That's when I had the lovely experience of dealing with the IUD. I only gave it about a month, and had to fight to have it taken out. Since this April, I've been on and off the mini pill. When my period would come up, I get bloated, and yesterday I thought I was having a stroke because the left side of my face felt heavy! I'm on this because I have a high risk of clotting, but with getting bloated because I'm retaining water makes me wonder if this is safe for me at all."

Lulu July 12, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "49 years old got on this medication to regulate insanely heavy periods. At 7 weeks I have not yet had a period - yay! However, in the last two weeks I began developing lower abdominal pain and cramping on right side. At times there is a great deal of pressure, causing an urgency to urinate. Very distracting and uncomfortable and has me using the bathroom every hour. My doctor said to try to stick it out but I am getting off of this medication due to these side effects. I read online that progesterone can cause changes and functioning to the GI tract like mine. I also have some nausea and heartburn with this medication so I don't think it is for me. Also noticed my hair falling out at about week 5. Everybody is different, but I think I will try and more natural approach to lightening my periods. Good luck everybody!"

mom of 7 · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I can't stay on this any longer. I was having cramping, gushing blood every 4 days, and swollen uterus. Took this medicine for 2 weeks (double dose the first week) and did stop my bleeding and cramping BUT made my depression and mood swings miserable. Worst mom ever. Also experienced heart burn, shaking, cloudy thinking, feelings of being overwhelmed, and acne. I am stopping it after 20 pills! I would rather bleed to death!"

Tinyb July 11, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have abnormal bleeding with heavy clots every day. I go for days if not weeks or months with spotting after an 8 day cycle. Back in December 2018 I got the Mirena IUD and my body expelled it on the 29th day. I got it the second time and again it came out by the 2nd week. My Dr. recommended Nora Be and after reading all these side effects I decided not to even bothered with it. So thank you to all of you because your comments do help."

Tal · Taken for 10 years or more July 11, 2019

For Birth Control: "I've taken Norethindrone (Nora Be) on and off for the last 10 years, but regularly for the last 6. I'm on the mini pill because I suffer from migraines. I never had any issues until December of 2018. I started breaking out and gained 30lbs in one month without explanation. Then I started getting my period every two weeks for 7 months. In between I had the most painful ovulation, which included middle and lower back pain that couldn't be cured with anything I had on hand, including prescription pain killers from two surgeries I had for my appendix and gallbladder. I was spotting every week, which made me think I was pregnant non-stop, causing me to waste probably a hundred dollars on pregnancy tests. This was a good birth control at first, but I think having so many changes to my body the last year with surgeries, my body is screaming for a change."

Raddad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 10, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I’ve been struggling with PCOS for years and my periods were crazy heavy when they came. I tried the combo pill for a few months and started getting awful migraines, turns out that was from the estrogen giving me dangerously high blood pressure. So my endo put me on the mini pill to see if a single hormone pill would help. I haven’t had my period in almost a year and that is exactly what I wanted this pill for it is amazing. I have noticed I’m having a hard time losing weight and I’m nauseous a fair amount, but it’s better than being practically bed bound for a week every month."

Ange · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the worst birth control, I have missed my period thinking I was pregnant I had taken 4 pregnancy test and they had all came back negative. I am currently going on 2 months without a period and still negative pregnancy tests. I have been on 5 kinds of birth control pills and this one is the worst. All I have felt when taking this is pain. The reviews that are positive on here and fake save your body and do not take this pill."