User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 8 reviews 34 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 65 reviews 169 medications

4.4
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 469 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Norethindrone

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was put on Jolivette because I suffer from migraines and I can't have estrogen or I experience stroke like symptoms. Overall I didn't have an issue with the medication. In the beginning of treatment I did notice I was kind of sensitive and a tad moody, but for me It passed. I've been on this BC since Novemeber, no complaints. I read the other reviews and I just want to remind everyone that every woman's body is different and we all have different needs. I didn't break out in acne, I didn't gain weight, (I'm very active, if that matters), I say it takes a couples months for your body to get used to the new hormone, but it's nothing intolerable once time has passed."

sthomp1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Lyza because of my high blood pressure. I have been taking it now for 3 months. Everything was normal until this month. Normally, my cycle would last about 4 to 5 days with little to no cramps or bloating. I'm in my 3rd month and I have been bleeding for 14 days straight. This is not normal for me. I can do 7, but 14 days is to long. What is wrong with this pill?"

Bleeding for 14 days (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I haven't been on any birth control in ten years (I always used condoms and have no kids) I am in a serious relationship so I got Movisse ( I am a smoker and this is what the Dr recommended) I started it the first day of my period as directed , I had the worst cramps ever!!! My first day is always rough on my period and then goes away, with this is pill it went on for 3 weeks so bad, I couldn't leave my bed, I am crunched over in pain , it feels like my day one forever, I heard that if u stick through it your body settles but I just couldn't do it , I stopped taking it yesterday, I still have cramps and hoping it goes away soon, it was my only symptom but it is debilitating"

Ouch123321 March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am back on this birth control after not being on anything for a few years but my periods were becoming such a nuisance with my busy schedule (9 days of heavy bleeding and clots). Due to my migraines with aura I can't take anything with estrogen in it. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly or why there are such terrible reviews as I no longer have periods at all. It completely stopped my cycle but I have to make sure to take it at exactly the same time each day. I still feel like myself - without the mood swings or crying. I am slightly more fatigued at night and fall asleep earlier which might be a good thing. My vaginal discharge is thicker. I've actually noticed my acne improving and haven't noticed any weight changes."

Whitney K March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise."

SJaber March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I love Micronor. I have been on it for 2 years, and I'm about to get off it cause I want kids. For the first 3 months, I had some side effects ( tender breast, bloating, cramping, breakthrough bleeding) But after those 3 months, it was PER-FECT! No symptoms, no mood swings ( unless PMS), and sometimes, I would just not have my period, which was fun on summertime. I had tried Alesse, Yaz, Nuvaring, all of them giving me the worst headaches and weightgain. On Micronor, no weight gain, I was dieting so I managed to go from 130 to 115 pounds in two years on that pill. :)"

Mommy2go (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "Horrible pill gave me terrible mood swings one minute I was crying the other I was jumpy, I was feeling so tired and hopeless, worst contraceptive I've been I only took it for a month and throw the rest away"

Horrible mood swings!!! March 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I also experienced the scary non stop bleeding and now ... there's none . I'm on the last week expecting my period and nothing ! I have been on it about 6 months now so maybe it's "evening out". Is there any danger in the clots not coming out because come to mention it I haven't had any since I started .."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "So I just went on this pill 2 weeks ago. I've been on previfem until recently when my doctor decided I needed a non estrogen birth control for my migraines. With the old pill I'd get my period for maybe 4 days always the same day around the same time. Since starting this I've had my period for 2 weeks, it won't go away! I was out on the pill originally to control my non stop periods, well obviously it's not working so well. I have awful mood swings and terrible cramps and I'm so bloated I don't even want to eat. My doctor told me to stick it out but I'm going to a new doctor and I'm stopping this medication immediately. It's just not worth feeling like a bloated raging hormonal monster, and it doesn't even regulate my periods."

Beefrank (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was prescribed Nora b after being off of birth control for 15yrs.... I always had normal periods on time to a tee now I am getting my period for 9 days.... I'm stopping this med right away....especially after reading all those reviews on in between period bleeding"

MayMay0930 February 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I don't normally write reviews on this stuff but this was so horrible I had to... if I could put a rating of 0 on this birth control I would. Not only did it make me a raging bitch for months, it also made me more depressed and anxious than ever before, and gave me the most severe "period" in my whole life. Half way through the second month on this pill, I got mass amounts of break through bleeding and such severe cramps that I ended up going to the ER!! Even after this, my doctor said I should stay on it and finish the pack. No way was I going to put myself through the struggle- I threw it all out. I would NOT recommend this to ANYONE for ANY reason."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "So I've been on this birth control about a month now. I was accidentally prescribed this after my doctor failed to put in the correct low dose estrogen birth control I was taking prior. This pill so far has definitely caused me to gain a few pounds, give me no motivation, and the most insane mood swings I've ever experienced on a pill. I will cry for no reason, and get annoyed and angry at friends or coworkers. I will also get very sad by the littlest things and reach for the phone to call my ex which we all know is not a good decision. I will stick with this pill for a few more months but if it gets worse I will schedule and appointment to get it changed. No headaches though!"

Victoria845 February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I've been on this for almost 2 months. I have mixed feelings on it. Psychologically, I'm fine. No mood swings or anything. I had one period so far and it came on time like it usually does. Normally, I get severe cramps and I heavily bleed for most of the 5 to 6 days I get it. This period was very light and I barely had any cramps at all. (Which was a nice change.) I do occasionally cramp every now and then between periods and I've also spotted for 2 days. This was 2 weeks before my next period is supposed to come. I've never spotted before and I have taken this pill on time every day. My biggest problem is my boobs hurt so bad. I don't even need to touch them and they are unbearable. A bit of weight gain as well."

WendyLouxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Camila since I had my baby in July 2015. I breastfeed so this pill was the best for me at the time. I just had a consultation with my primary doctor due to a very big increase in my weight, before starting this pill I had lost all my baby weight. I am now 25 pounds heavier, the heaviest I've been all my life. I have had headaches, hairloss, mood swings,low sex drive, and irregular bleeding. After reading all these reviews it has become very clear to me I need to stop this pill immediately."

RIGIRL (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Well, ever since I was 13 my periods were not normal they would last for more than a week, I would get horrible side effects such as nausea, cravings, cramps you name it. I got extremely tired of it and I was prescribe to Nora-Be it's been good to me. I started it while on my period I only bled for two days! Not even bad! It was a small spot and done I felt so relieved!!! I noticed no weight gain and I felt great, I get no side effects from it but if I do which is rare it's breast pain. I recommend this, but of course everyone's body is different!!! ps I've been on it for ages"

Samantha Belmontes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been on lyza since 8/16...have had a normal heavy period every month since. Except for 1 month it was surprisingly light. This month it's a week early and I'm annoyed. Lyza has been hell. My boobs have been sore, acne at first but that's gone. My appetite is out of control. The only reason I started was to stop my period. My cramps have been the worst ever and more clots coming out then ever before."

Princess hendrixx February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So, I can't say how well this actually works because I was trying it out to balance my hormones and make some gut problems less painful. However, I've been on it 4 days and just have been feeling cramping and bloating. That has made my gut issue worse. If you don't have gut issues already, this may work for you!"

cowhow February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been taking Lyza since December 5th, 2016. I have had vaginal bleeding since December 7th, 2017. Yes, that is 71 days straight! I have not had any other side effects from this pill but the bleeding is enough to do me in. I keep waiting to see if it will even out but again this week it is heavier then just spotting and showing no signs of slowing down. I have high blood pressure which is why I am on this pill but I don't think I can keep taking it much longer. So frustrated!!!!"

MNnicegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched to Nora b because I was experiencing bad head aches on combination hormone bc. The head aches stopped but I bleed multiple times a month. It's terrible. It feels like I never get a break from my period. I'm on day three of the placebo pills and I still haven't bleed too. I'm definitely switching to a different medicine."

Sarahg111 February 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I took this pill for a long time without facing any psychological issues. I had no weight loss or gain. no acne. This pill is great in the fact that it does not have a warning for blood clots/DVT/PE since there is no estrogen. However, the downsides to it, for me, were that it did not suppress my ovaries enough and I had 2 periods a month. Also, It caused my ovaries to have a lot of painful ruptured cysts that led me to hospital stays they were so bad. My GYN made me switch birth control to one with low estrogen in order to better suppress the ovaries."

mgw55 February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I have had several experiences with BC, this is by far the WORST pill I have ever taken. I have an eight month old, was put on this pill because I was breastfeeding. I had cramping so bad that my DR ordered an emergency CT scan because he thought my appendix was going. I could literally freak out at the drop of a hat, and cry just as a quickly and for no reason at all. DR thought it was postpartum depression, turns out it was just this crazy pill. Days after stopping this terrible medication I feel like I have gotten my life back. Mood is better, no anxiety, I can sleep! And the pain is going away."

Ging27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this pill about a month after having my son. Since I began I have had irregular bleeding throughout the whole month. And I've gained about 15lbs in the month I was taking it. I was back to my prepregnancy weight of 125 before this pill. I absolutely hate it. Bloating. Weight gain. Cramping. This pill is a nightmare!"

MomLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 42, started this pill as a birth control method & also to hopefully reduce my heavy monthly periods, 2 months in now & my experience is horrible! I have 1 week left of pills & I'm not going to continue to take them... 1st month started pack on Sunday after my period was finished, after another 7 days approx. of taking the pills I have another full 6-7 day period...then after that around day 21ish (which should have been when I was supposed to get my period) got it yet again... I'm on pill pack 2 now...I'm now due for my period, I've had breast tenderness for 2 weeks and horrific cramping every evening (I take the pill in the morning) occupanied with nausea...side effects make it hard to tell if it's the pill or pregnancy!"

Vnomiss January 21, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was another mini pill and bled daily so went to the family planning clinic and they put me on this. Initially I went through the range of side effects including nausea, pmt etc but that was just for a couple of weeks. I have been on it for 5 months and it's fine. I still get a period but it's a lot lighter than it was before as I have a fibroid. I have unprotected sex and no issues so far."

Ldee22 January 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking Lyza on the second day of my period and it's been 2 weeks now I'm still bleeding. And this is the first time I have to take pain reliever on my period. Plus I'm gaining weight too.. this pills sucks"

Alex12 January 18, 2017