User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel …show all brand names

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.2 685 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

For Endometriosis: "Light head ache, some cramping, mood swings, increased appetite, gained 10lbs over the last 3.5 mnts."

Boobie July 14, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My doctor randomly switched me to this birth control. I've been almost on it for three months. Been heavily bleeding every two weeks, now bleeding every other week. I'm done, told my doctor I can't anymore."

ANGELEYE005 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was diagnosed at 19 with Polycystic Ovaries. Since then, I have tried various treatments including monophasic and triphasic pills, Depo-Provera, Xulane patch (OrthoEvra worked, Zulane made me unbearable to be around), and others. I thought my only option was a hysterectomy because of my risk of developing endometrial cancer and more cysts (I have benign endometrial hyperplasia) but my doctor prescribed Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) and it has been almost 2 weeks since I started taking it. The constant spotting I was experiencing on Yaz and MonoNessa has stopped. I'm experiencing some pelvic discomfort, though, and my face is more oily with some pimples, but nothing horrible. Overall, I'm happy with it. My moods are stable and I'm glad I didn't immediately have to resort to surgery."

MissLeopard83 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This stuff needs to be removed from the market! It’s so harmful and ages you fast!! I have dark racoon eyes, and dark marks all over my neck. Shortness of breath Horrible mood swings Horrible acne Enlarged poors And hair loss. Avoid this like THE PLAGUE!"

Ana (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Over it!!! Due to my health Insurance going away I was given Errin as it was cheaper out of pocket. I was using Loestrin FE and was loving it! Periods were very light and some months didn't come at all. It was a nice alternative to the Mirena that I had. However, the Errin is horrible. I take it the same time everyday and the side effects are awful. I have started to experience breakouts on my face. But, the worse is the periods! Periods last anywhere from 7-10 days!!!!!!!! It's ridiculous!! You think your done and BAM it's back. Once the this pack is empty I'm done!! I have insurance now so I will asking the doctor to switch me back to my Loestrin FE. This is horrible!! I do not recommend."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Lyza for about 2 weeks now and it’s been fantastic no noticeable emotional changes aside from crying once to a goo goo dolls song (possibly from lack of sleep) but I honestly feel great. I'm really happy on this pill. Other pills I have been on in the past have worsened my depression to the point the I just stopped taking birth control for over a year and a half. Another perk is my boobs are noticeable bigger already!"

Girlinafrogsuit (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking Lyza for heavy periods and fibroids to avoid surgery. After the sixth day on it, my period started again and it's so heavy I soak through TWO 10-hr pads in an hour, and there's some clots too. I'm stopping today and finding another solution this is crazy."

tiredofit (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I tried multiple combo birth control pills and an IUD which all ended terribly. My doctor and I decided maybe it was best that I took a progestin only pill because of how I reacted to birth control with estrogen. I both love and hate this prescription but if you do have issues taking estrogen then I highly recommend you give camila a shot. Yes, you do have to take it around the same time everyday. My hair does fall out more than usual and I do get almost like morning sickness before my periods. However, all of the positive outweighs the negatives. I used to have extreme cramping and I would get extremely sick every single period, with this pill I get a little sick before but my periods are more bearable. It does not effect my weight at all, maybe my sex drive a little but you learn to work with it. Overall, I do recommend you give it a shot as every woman experiences different things when trying different birth controls."

Kale (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If I could, I wouldn't give this a star at all. It messed up my cycles completely. Once I started taking it my cycles went crazy and irregular. I used to have a 27-28 day cycle but after getting put on micronor it went to 25-36 days. I stopped taking it after 6 months. I've been off the pill since August 2017 and I'll never take it again. My cycles just started becoming regular 2 months ago. I'm back to 28-29 day cycles. So it took 8 months to become regular again after getting off of it."

Luna (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Ive been using errin for 1 month. I got used to taking it routinely without getting scared that I would forget by simply putting an alarm on my phone & stashing my pill card in my wallet. So far only symptoms are major pimples all over my face and bad headaches that would last intermittently for 2 days, and tender breasts from time to time. My attitude is the same and my husband & I are making love a lot more & its better than usual. I hate the pimples only because these pimples are not easy to go away. They feel more like baby boils & I never usually have pimples...I always have clear nice skin."

NurseDee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Birth Control: "I started taking this 6 weeks Post partum, I don't feel much different emotionally, but I'm a big cry baby all the time. I haven't gained any weight, I haven't seen any skin changes. The hardest part about it is remembering to take it at the same exact time every single day. I do feel a bit more tired but I just had my 3rd child and she is 3 months now so I'm just a zombie mom now. Breast feeding has helped me to continue to lose baby weight. I don't feel any hungrier, if anything I have a decreased appetite and have noticed some nausea, but hey, it's progesterone you're gonna get nauseous sometimes. I pretty much live off progesterone since I had to have the weekly injections my whole pregnancy so I don't remember life without being pumped full of hormones. Hahaha honestly it's worth not getting pregnant again."

Lady Swindells June 10, 2018

For Birth Control: "Everyone’s different, so listen to your body and abnormal symptoms! I switched over to progesterone only because the combination pills would cause my body to start having a lot of negative side effects after a few months in. This is my first pack on the pill and I have been experiencing the same side effects as previously, yet they are heightened. I still have no sex drive, and I have lost interest completely, I am having chest breakouts again, and I have severe headaches nightly. It sucks cause there’s only one type of progesterone only, and you must take it every day at the same time. I’m 18 years old and shouldn’t have to be going through this. I’m switching over to the Kyleena or Paragard IUD AS SOON AS I GET MY PERIOD."

alexis (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I honestly didn't even know all the issues I've been experiencing were due to Jolivette until I switched to Heather, and was doing research to compare it to this one. I have had the worst side effects! I have literally gone completely crazy, had multiple psychotic episodes, I'm shocked my boyfriend is still with me too! I became super depressed, unmotivated, lazy, I was having night sweats so bad I would be soaked when I woke up. Insomnia like crazy. So glad I switched and definitely will never go back on Jolivette !! It literally almost ruined my life."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Lyza has been a very good first pill. I looked up this forum right when I got the pill and started freaking out, but honestly it’s different for everyone. For the first months, my emotions were all over the place, and I was kinda going out insane and crying a lot. Then I had a bit of annoying spotting for around 3 months. But honestly it was super manageable and it’s gone now. My periods went from 8 days and very heavy cramping, to 3 and basically only a teensy bit of pain the first day. Pregnancy wise, I’m five months in and not pregnant, waiting on my period right now actually. I have noticed some weight gain, but most of it has gone to my boobs and thighs, I’ve been going to the gym a lot so some of it’s muscle. Just remember pills are different for everyone, and for me this was a very good stepping stone."

Anna (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Birth Control: "I was on the mini pill for 8 months. I was able to lose weight, my mood was regular, regular period, less cramps, minimal acne. Six months ago I began to have severe abdominal pain. I could barely eat without having pain in my stomach and left side of my abdomen. I went to a specialist and they thought it was GERD originally, then when the pain got worse. I changed my diet and was eating super healthy, taking the GERD medication but nothing helped. They could not determine what the pain was coming from. All my results were negative for everything. I went to the OBGYN and spoke to my doctor about the problem. The only medication I was on was the mini pill. I told him I knew something was wrong and it was not just GERD. So he recommended I get off the birth control pill since my stomach was sensitive. Not long after that everything cleared up. It took about 3 weeks before I was able to eat regularly again and no pain."

Lady D May 25, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I used to be on birth control for years to inhibit growth of ovarian cysts. I stopped and was off pills for 6 years. Unfortunately I am still very fertile and as a single mom in a committed relationship I did not want to have more children especially since I will be 40 next year. I decided to try the mini pill to avoid effects of estrogen. This worked in that I didn’t get pregnant while on it but it caused me pretty much every side effect. I developed acne on my face, my mood swings were crazy and very negative, my appetite greatly increased and I gained weight, I no longer had natural lubrication since my vagina became very dry, I noticed an obvious decrease in libido, and my breasts became very sore and tender the whole time on the pill. I did experience some very light spotting but I wouldn’t have a problem with that if it weren’t for the other symptoms. Unfortunately I’ll have to resort to another method of birth control. I had high hopes for this pill."

NurseK (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I love Errin it is the very first time since the age of 12 I have not bled for months and months with no relief! I am 37 now and Errin is a great"

KaiShe15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2018

For Endometriosis: "I am taking norethindrone as an additional back up therapy with Lupron shot for endometriosis. As a combination it has been effective at inducing fake menopause for relief, but it causes rapid weight gain. Have gained 47 pounds in 8 months. Regardless of my diet or activities it keeps piling on. I would not recommend this unless medically necessary."

Mandy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2018

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My gynecologist gave me this to prevent pregnancy and I’m still a Virgin. She told me I might get blood clots and depression but not many other side effects. Well just now I got a sudden headache and the first two days I’ve taken it I’ve been very depressed and dizzy and sleepy- never been this bad. I’m going to stay on it for as long as I can but if I feel any worse, I’m just going to say maybe sex isn’t worth it. I also got on these to combat my PMDD but I don’t think it’s helping me with anything yet."

Tori (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

Aygestin (norethindrone) for : "Had uterine polyps thought to be from my ovaries producing excess estrogen. MD Rx 5mg daily to thin uterine wall and try to "re-set" my ovaries. Gained 5 lbs in two weeks, very moody and irritable, some hot flashes."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill in April 2017. It made me dizzy for 8 months. I had to take time off of work during the months that made me the most dizzy. I even thought I had vertigo at some point. The dizziness finally went away but I started to get my period twice a month. At this very moment, I'm on my period and have been on it for the past 2 weeks. This is the most insane bc pill ever."

Beckers (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "I've been on Camila now for just about 4 months. This is actually my first time ever being on an oral contraceptive at the bright age of 30! I choose the mini pill instead of a combination pill as it has decreased risk of developing blood clots (DVT/PE's). I work in an ER so there was no escaping this unfortunately (scarred for life lol). Anyway, so far I have really had limited side effects. My sex drive is actually WAY increased, despite the labels saying it will decrease. My periods are somewhat lighter (this was my incentive for even initiating an oral contraceptive), and I am hoping that they will continue to lighten up with time. My cramps are somewhat less severe, also hoping for these to let up with time. No increased acne issues. No weight gain. I have felt some occasional feelings of tiredness and not really wanting to do much, but I'm uncertain if that is related to this medication or not. I would highly recommend this medication to a friend!"

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Honestly not sure how to rate this pill. As far as preventing pregnancy it has been 10/10. I have unprotected sex with my partner regularly since being on it, over a year now & haven’t had any pregnancy scares. However, prior to being on the pill, I had absolutely no cramps, period lasted only 3 days, emotionally I was pretty calm & stable. Since being on the pill my cramps are unbearable, my period is not regular & sometimes last 2 weeks. There have been times I will spot for weeks instead of having a period which can be confusing. It also causes my skin to breakout whereas before my acne was under control. I suffer from migraines & are at risk of a stroke so I can only take a POP. I’m just not sure where I stand with this pill. I know for the first 6 months these changes are normal but it’s been over a year & every time my period rolls around, whenever that may be since it’s now a mystery to me, I’m a complete emotional in pain wreck. but at least I’m not pregnant I guess."

Gabrielle May 9, 2018

For Birth Control: "Initially prescribed Sharobel because of how other forms of, birth control pills and depo, made me feel really sick and or gain a lot of weight. I was given a year of this and honestly it was pretty great. I didn’t notice much weight gain, my skin was clear, periods shorter and it seemed to be doing its job. When it was time to refill the prescription I was given Lyza instead, took it for a few months then stopped because I felt I no longer needed. Fast forward 5 months later and decided to start up again as I was in a serious relationship and it all went downhill. I was very very irritable and moody with my boyfriend, gained weight, felt very lethargic, and experienced acne in a way I was never used to. I decided to stop taking it and I feel a lot better all around. I gave this 5 stars because I never got pregnant and I had a great experience my first time. Second time around was really different than my first and makes me feel like I’m better off without it."

Second time around (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Was given a prescription to Errin due to my age (almost 37) and nicotine use. I’ve been using it for 3 weeks and am already done with it. I’m discontinuing use once my pack is used up. I rarely ever break out (1 or 2 small pimples on my chin during my period, thats it), but this Errin has caused my face to break out ALL OVER. My temples, my cheeks, under my nose, around my chin. Yuck. Bye bye, Errin!"

MLP2018 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018