User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 8 reviews 34 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 72 reviews 169 medications

4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 498 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Norethindrone

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been taking the pills for 5 months, last two months I have had two full periods each month..and heavy bleeding. Also have felt huge mood changes, anxiety depression easily irritated. I can clearly see changes in my mood before and after starting with these pills. Sorry but would never ever recommend them."

AB99 May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I do not like Lyza. Been making me gain weight and I haven't had my period in 2 months . And I KNOW I'm not pregnant because I haven't had sex in like 6-7 months."

Meissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "There's one pro: I didn't get pregnant. But it didn't even matter. I've always had normal periods so I was surprised when my period went out of wack as soon as I started these pills. They made it so irreuglar. I would never know when it was going to come, and I was having one about every two weeks, and one period lasted for 9 days, which I've never had a period more than 6. And sometimes it would come, stop for a day, then come back the next day?? The consistency fluctuated, it would be extremely light then the next day extremely heavy. It was not worth It because I never knew when I was gonna be able to have sex with my bf. And on top of that, it gave me horrible anxiety. I would wake up and feel nervous and freaking out for no reason"

Everynicknameihaveisinuse? May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "Worst birth control ever!!! First off, my mood swings and depression were crazy. Couldn't even get out of bed half the time. Then my face neck chest arms and back got covered in acne.. to top it off, it completely threw my period out of whack. And I took it at the same time everyday! I was on pill for 3 months.. needless to say.. I am done with this one! TRASH!!!!!!!!!"

Cait59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I started Norethindrone back in January, here it is the middle of May. I started the pill because of the obvious, "Don't want to get pregnant," and "We'd prefer to be safer than sorry", storyline. I suffer from Chronic Migraine, so my doctor prescribed the mini-pill as an option, not wanting them to intensify. Well, in that aspect, the pill worked. And has worked. It's also worked with preventing pregnancy. Thank goodness. What it hasn't worked with is everything else. Almost 6 months on it and I've gained almost 15 pounds, and my periods have become almost completely unbearable!!!! And not to mention they come about every 2 weeks, if they even come that far apart!!"

SSTindal91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "So, my Dr prescribed this Norethindrone 0.35 mg tablets. I've only been on them 17 days, and I've gained 15lbs. I am constantly bloated and always have severe cramping since I started. I spoke to my Dr last week and she swears there are no side effects. But all of a sudden I got a uti,yeast infection,always hungry. I decided to stop this pill as of now. *After reading all these horrible reviews I'm done with these pills!*"

Me in ohio May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the absolute worst pill on the market. My periods used to be fine before this pill. Now my cramps are so horrible that I actually pass out from the pain and puke until the point where I would rather die. My face has broken out and I have gained almost 20 pounds. If I could give this pill a negative review I would."

Dylllydon18 May 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis: "I was on this for endometriosis after 3 surgeries, went off last week to try for a baby, on the plus side it worked for me no pain at all (had pain everyday not just that time of the month before it),no bleeding/ periods. on the negative side now have cystic acne and have spent $100 with my derm. trying to get rid of it, hopefully it will clear now. I did gain about 30 lbs over 5 years but not 100% sure it was the pill, but not a big deal for me was under weight before it. Everyone is different but it worked for me, w/o it I would have had a hysterectomy at 23."

BellaDiesel May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I went on Jolivette 6 weeks postpartum. I've had issues with uterine fibroids at age 21, so at age 24 they didn't want to risk it with an estrogen pill. Here I am a year later, gained 60 pounds, on depression medication, lowest libido ever, moody, horrible periods, oh AND I'M PREGNANT after the first time not using back up birth control like condoms. All thanks to Jolivette. Thank you, Jolivette. You had 1 job, and you failed miserably."

Allyb427 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started having seizures when I was 14 and tried several seizure medicines and nothing was working. I am now 20 and we think they could be hormonal so my Doctor put me on Jolivette and I have been seizure free for 2 months! My prayers have been answered!"

Marystrunk13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this for about 7 months, I hate it and ready to go to another pill. When I started taking it I felt pregnant, I've gained about 15 lbs since, last month had light spotting for 2 weeks. I will not recommend this pill."

Anonymous April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Use caution ***** I started taking this form of the "mini pill" in September 2016. Initially I had no adverse reactions to it but, the side effects of NON STOP BLEEDING hit me like a Mack truck. For the past two months I have been experiencing what's known as "breakthrough bleeding" almost everyday. The kicker is I stopped taking it over a month ago!! Seek other forms of contraception-this one is really scary (and only 80% effective)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Can I give this pill a zero rating?! I started this pill back in July because I was having migraines with auras and my doctor thought this would help. NO. This pill is awful. I had no migraines but what I experienced was worse: acne breakouts all over my body which I have never experienced before this pill, frequent spotting but no actual period, bloating and cramping all of the time, drastic weight gain, zero sex drive, foggy brain and worst of all it made me so moody. I'm an extremely bubbly person and this pill made me mean and grumpy. I had zero tolerance and frequently snapped at people. I was tired all the time and depressed. I quit this pill a week ago and I feel so much better already. I am my old self again."

GG329 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill has so far prevented pregnancy successfully, even with missing occasionally. The irregular periods do provide quite the scare but I'm thankful for something during this breastfeeding stage. Since I exercise, I haven't noticed any weight gain or significant side effects after the first few days of taking it."

Anonymous April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I was prescribed this by my OB-GYN as a birth control method. First month was great! Less heavy and painful period with only a little spotting. Now? Not so much. I get 2 periods a month now, with severe cramping that lasts for days. I've lost 10 pounds, but am always hungry. I have severe mood swings and increased anxiety. I am now lucky enough to have at least one panic attack a day. My acne has gotten worse, and I'm tired all the time. I've talked to my doctor about it, but my concerns have been dismissed. If this doesn't stop by the end of next month, I will get a second opinion and a different birth control method."

Smokealarmsnick (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Awful pill. I threw away this month's pack and I am only on week 2. My face broke out like CRAZY and I became so irritable I wanted to put my fist through the wall constantly. I started having really bad depressive thoughts and I gained weight as well. Oh yeah, and I have no sex drive at all. Don't take this pill. I'm getting an IUD."

Falmouthchick April 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Norethindrone...OMG! I wanna scream I was giving this birth control to control heavy bleeding and painful cramps due to Endometriosis. This pill has caused acne, prolonged bleeding and cramps. My cycle now last 15 plus days and with the bleeding I have cramps. Now I have low hemoglobin levels and anemia because of the loss of blood. I'm 37 and don't want kids so now I'm looking to permanent birth control. I wanted to try the IUD but my sister had it for 5 years and when they took it out it broke and she had to have surgery. Now she's having issues with her cervix and bleeding. Smh what are we to do!"

Tthomas31 April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis: "I started this at age 47 for severely painful periods (suspected endometriosis) that had been escalating for about two years. I love this medication so far, no period for 75 days, no pain, wonderful. I did notice some gastrointestinal symptoms/constipation, weight gain and night sweats, all never really had before. The constipation was actually good for me as I think my hormones were actually causing diarrhea issues. The weight gain is due to appetite increase but am back on bandwagon and exercising. Bottom line I feel great and my outlook is happy, so not experiencing the blues others have mentioned. Highly recommend for abdominal pain associated with menstrual problems "

SeattleGirlinPain (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "So I was given Lyza because of my migraines. Long story short as soon as i started taking it I've had problems. My migraines seem even worse. It made me really moody & depressed. Not to mention never having a break from my period if I'm lucky I get 5 days off at the most other than that I'm always on my period. I definitely would not recommend!"

xo.shortyy April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Due to my history of migraine with aura, my doctor suggested I went with a non estrogen birth control. I went back and forth about the copper IUD and the pill. I decided against the IUD because it isn't a painless process for those who haven't yet had children. Ive been on Jolivette for a month now. The first few weeks were difficult. I had breakthrough bleeding (bleeding between your periods) and quite terrible anxiety. If I had stopped taking it then I would have rated this med a 2 or 3. After about 2.5 weeks in... my anxiety subsided, the breakthrough bleeding stopped and everything balanced. I was even able to decrease the strength of my anxiety medicine. My PMDD and endometriosis have been easier to bare, and So far so good."

CassieQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This has by far been the worst birth control I have ever had. I have a constant headache almost daily ever since I started taking it. My breasts reduced in size, I have gained massive amounts of weight. And it makes you angrier than ever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site and comments. This pill has been a nightmare. I bleed HEAVY constantly for weeks at a time. I'm now severely anemic and am going through iron (iv) infusions. YES like another commenter I have my period for weeks, last month I was on my period 3 weeks. I'm so tired and frustrated that I'm 38 and considering a hysterectomy. I started this pill 9/28/16. Every time I called about the heavy long periods I was told it takes 2 to 3 months for my body to adjust its now been 6 months and like I said I was on my period 3 weeks last month and just had my 1st of 5 iron infusion treatments. Nightmare.. AVOID THIS PILL :("

North-Nightmare (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I use to have the mirena for 3 years but during the 3rd year I started having side effects so I got the Lyza pill because I have migraines. I started in October 2016 and I'm always bleeding I'll stop bleeding for a week and then start bleeding again my cramps are worse I get really depressed idk what to do - I don't want kids right now I'm married "

Calitatted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've had trouble finding a birth control that wouldn't make me gain weight, give me UTI's, or make me depressed. I have finally found the one!!! This birth control has given me no issues at all. At first my period was a little irregular when adjusting to this pill, but now it comes regularly and I have no negative side effects. You do have to be a little more exact with the time you take this BC, but I have my phone alarm set every day to the same time so it's usually not a problem. The only time it is, is when my schedule is a little out of whack. Other than that this is the best birth control I've taken and will continue to take."

tdemps April 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I always see bad reviews about Lyza but I've been taking it for almost a year and a half. I never really experienced bad side effects like bleeding for an extended period of time or weight gain. The only thing I've noticed was a very irregular period (mine was already irregular before I started) but it'll just be off by a week or so. If you are good with taking pills on time, I highly recommend!"

82929272Nicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017