User Reviews for Norethindrone systemic

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Errin, Jolivette, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Ortho Micronor

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.4

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.1 758 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Heather (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Periods are not as heavy but very random and I have some sort of bleeding or spotting 2-3 wks per mth total only random days off. Breasts were very sensitive and sore but that stopped and now they're slightly bigger."

Moonkittyleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "Taking this medicine is a severe mistake. This drug does not AT ALL reduce cramping, bleeding severity, or promote bodily menstrual regularity. Instead, after only 2 months of using it, my hair is falling out in the shower, my acne is severe, I've gained 11 pounds, and my anxiety is unbearable. This drug has caused me to have a period every 2 weeks since being on it, and with each period I am vomiting and swelling up. My breasts are so tender that I cannot even put a bra on. I am entirely exhausted all of the time - something I NEVER had an issue with until taking this medicine. I have an appointment first thing tomorrow to come off of this drug - what a nightmare."

blondie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Birth Control: "Was on it for 3 months. Had increased acne, nausea, dizziness, breast tenderness, and a large amount of depression and weight gain. My weight was increasing like crazy with no other changes."

Annoyed (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Heather after the birth of my daughter for contraception while breastfeeding. Let me just say, it’s the worst. I don’t remember which mini pill I took after my son was born but it did not affect me this way so I can pinpoint Heather as the problem. I too have been getting a period every other week for what seems like forever. It sucks! I have actually stopped taking it am still dealing with its adverse affects as it get’s out of my system. If you’re doing your own research before you see your doc to discuss mini pills, request something else!"

Stafu (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Birth Control: "I was prescribed this after the birth of both of my children. After I had my son I used it for a year while nursing, with the only side effect being mood swings. When I quit taking it, I noticed an immediate change in mood. I was happier and more energetic. After the birth of my daughter I took it for 18 months while nursing her and am still currently taking it. So I've been taking it for 19 months all together. I have extremely abnormal bleeding which has been happening for the past 6 months. At first it made my periods longer and heavier than normal. And now I'm bleeding every other week. I'm having drastic mood swings, high blood pressure, and headaches almost daily. I cannot wait to get off of this pill. I don't know if I ever want to use hormonal contraceptive again. Though it has worked fine in the aspect of me not getting pregnant..."

MO295 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I am 46 and in peri-menopause. Prior to my uterine fibroid removal May 2018 I bled heavily every single day for months. After the surgery I take these twice a day every day and have not gotten my period in over 6 months. Getting my period will make the fibroids return. It is beyond wonderful never to bleed without having a hysterectomy. I have not noticed any side effects but I know every woman's body is different. For me this medication is a life saver."

Dex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2018

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill did it's job of protecting me a 33 year old overweight female. However, it caused horrible mood swings, weight gain and anxiety. My breasts were always tender and it did alter my sex drive."

Jess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2018

For Endometriosis: "I started taking this pill and it made my stomach cramp . Nipples was so sore & it made my vagina so dry !!! And made my period last about 2 weeks longer . Then the next month didn’t have a period . So I stopped it after a month in a half and finally I’m on my period . Not knowing what to expects"

Scorpio Queen (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Birth Control: "I’ve been taking norethindrone 0.35 mg for a year and a half, and I’ve had a pretty bad experience. I’ve gained 20 pounds, have irregular, unpredictable periods, and come to think of it, my fiancé and I started fighting more when I was put on the pill. (Don’t know if it’s the stress from grad school, buying a house, planning a wedding, etc, but I am definitely more short tempered than I was before). I just came off of it and I have an appt for an IUD consultation in December. and we will have to use condoms til then because I can’t keep gaining weight! Only good thing is I never got pregnant on it."

Anonymous November 8, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve been taking this for awhile now, probably 2 years. Used to take Depo but my doctor said I shouldn’t remain on due to the side effects. I’ve not had any bad experiences really, only thing is maybe a lower sex drive. Periods are light and only last 4 days max. I would recommend this but of course everyone’s body reacts differently to medications."

KK (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control: "Was put on this because I had migraines with auras so I couldn't take normal birth control. Was on it less than a month and became really sad/depressed I was in such a dark place for about a week and had no sex drive at all. I'd start crying for no reason and just couldn't think straight. This pill almost ruined my marriage."

Niki November 7, 2018

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've tried this BC twice now. I haven't gotten pregnant but it causes my period to be so abnormal after some time that I need to use pregnancy tests to rule it out. It causes me to spot between periods a lot and my period is not following my normal 32 days cycle. Sometimes it comes 2 weeks early or skips a month. I've already made an appointment to discuss other options with my physician. Estrogen pills cause my blood pressure to go up. A friend of mine is on a hormone free IUD so I'm considering exploring that."

AmberSea (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Camila for a month now & I’m not sure how to feel. As of now my period is a week late & no I’m not sexually active. I’ve never had a period this late so I’m not sure what’s going on. I haven’t noticed any side affects from this medicine though so that’s a good thing. I also make sure to take my medicine the same time everyday !"

Awill (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Endometriosis: "So far so good! Switched to this from Microgestin 1/20 due to high blood pressure. My BP went back to normal after only the second day of being on Norethindrone. I’ve been on it for two months now and I’m loving it so far! Still no period (continuous use) which is awesome. Only complaint is that my nips hurt pretty darn bad. However, I’d rather my nips be tender than have monstrous periods. Only knocking the score down a point because my nips feel like they got ran over."

Harbriham (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Biggest issue is my breasts hurt so bad. I wish I could take them off. Never had this issue before. And I either gained weight or am extremely bloated."

Kim (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "When it comes to birth control, it's different strokes for different folks. I'm over 35 y/o. I switched from combo pills to Camila 6 months ago cause of the terrible side effects. Ever since I took Camila, I haven't had bad effects. No more high blood pressure, no migraines, no crazy mood swings, no skin rashes, no cramps, and period is 3-4 days instead of 6-7 when I was on TriCyclen. The only side effect from Camila is the weight gain. I'm definitely keep taking Camila."

Rita (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My doctor prescribed Camila because I was 5 weeks postpartum and still breastfeeding. After taking the pill for the first 3 days at the same time I started spotting, by day 4 into day 5 I started having heavy bleeding. It didn't affected my milk supply but I could not deal with the heavy bleeding so I stopped talking the pill."

Alecia (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been on this for 3 months now. Only taking this pill because I am currently breastfeeding and have no other options, really. I've had probably 6-8 periods since I've started this birth control. I'll bleed for 6-9 days, stop for less than a week and start the process all over again. The bleeding is heavy. I've gained some weight. The acne is terrible and extremely painful. I've developed constant cramping and occasional heart palpitations. Oh, and the hair loss. My god. I have to empty my brush 2-3 times when I brush my hair, and clumps come out in the shower. The worst side effect I have encountered on this pill is the moodiness. I get so angry for absolutely no reason and catch myself freaking out over the littlest things. The side effects of this pill are terrifying. I've been on numerous different pills as well as the depo over the last 11 years, and this is by far the absolute worst. I would never recommend."

Mama-1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Birth Control: "This is the first and only birth control I’ve ever taken and I love it! I have been taking it for almost 2 years now andIi haven’t gotten my period at all (which I actually kind of miss it). I used to get heavy painful periods and now I don’t, I would get migraine with aura 1-2 times a month now I only get them every few months I used to have pretty bad acne and now I don’t, and I haven’t gotten pregnant yet ;) everyone is different though!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "With my experience - Don’t get it !!!! I have been bleeding for 2months !"

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

Errin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: "Errin gave me the worst acne I have ever had in my life. I took it for four months. Never again..."

Brey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control sounded amazing when the doctor told me about it, but its not all its summed up to be. Yeah I haven't gotten pregnant yet but I mainly take it because it was suppose to help my period lighten up and be less painful. Not at all. I've been bleeding non stop almost like I have my period but I don't. I've been spending more money now since I need to use tampons and my boyfriend won't have sex with me when I'm bleeding. Also, the cramps are never ending. Not as bad as they were but I take it for the reason of having a lighter and less painful period. I don't recommend it."

Kylee922 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After being on lo lo estrin off and on for years and having bad symptoms my Dr decided to switch me to Camilla 0.35 mg. Previously, when I was on loeloestrin, I almost immediately had side effects. Extreme bloating (5 lb weight gain), no motivation to do anything, tired all the time, no sex drive and spotting. With Camilla I have none of those symptoms. Feels like I’m not taking anything. After my bad experience with lolo I did research and found Lolo is made up of 10 micrograms of synthetic estrogen and 1 milligram of synthetic progesterone. Camilla has NO estrogen and 1/3 the amount of progesterone. This was a life saver for me."

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "First of all, everyone will have their own unique experience with birth control. My experience with this BC was pretty good. When I first started taking it, I felt a little dizzy and nauseous for about a week. I began taking this BC to treat for heavy periods. It definitely reduced my bleeding, as needed. It also cleared up my acne and levelled my mood. What I didn’t like was the unpredictability of my cycle. Sometimes I would go 3 months with no period...sometimes I would have 26 day cycles. Sometimes I would go a month or two feeling great. Sometimes I would have PMS symptoms (mostly bloating, tender breasts, and some cramping) for months. Knowing this BC is not as effective for preventing pregnancy, several times I felt like I might be pregnant and I stressed about it a lot. After 2.5 years of taking this BC, I decided I wanted something that makes my cycle more predictable and more effective. I’m now taking a low dose conventional BC and I feel so much better."

Furstin (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Birth Control: "Using for birth control, cramps, and heavy periods since February. I'm in the process of getting off of this medication though. I still have a lot of painful cramps and I'm still having heavy periods. Also, I'm having a period every two weeks (not just spotting). Personally I like combo pills better but my gyn won't put me on them again because I suffer from migraines."

Jane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...