User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 7 reviews 33 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 54 reviews 168 medications

4.4
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 382 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Norethindrone

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been taking this drug for about two years and I have mixed feelings about it. I started it because I had 10 day+ long periods with severe cramps lasting even longer than that. I started on the lowest dose and had CONSTANT spotting for a long time. Told the doc and she moved me up a dose. This is where the mixed feelings come in... I have had perhaps two days total of bleeding (only when I forgot to take the pill) in the past two years but I've also experienced significant weight gain, acne, and mood changes, and it's getting old. At this point I'm considering switching to a different bc method. Unfortunately, I can't take anything with estrogen! (Migraine with aura)"

EmmaPK September 26, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Lyza for 6 months. I got my period the first month after beginning, and have not seen it since. I was not having any side effects until recently I have been having very tender breasts, mood swings, and bloating. I have taken two home pregnancy tests and both came up negative. I have gained 5 pounds since beginning Lyza and I do like it, but not menstruating is scary, especially when other symptoms begin to show up, similar to pregnancy side effects."

25yo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill for over a year now and I must say out of 3 different birth control pills I have taken this one seems to be the best! Skin didn't break out and did not gain or lose any weight. For months at a time I didn't get no period and that was awesome because my cramps on period are terrible so that was a plus. Honestly I is probably different for each individual but for my self a 19 year old girl at the time weighing 110pounds felt great I do recommend"

Microsoft awesome (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2016

For Birth Control: "I do not want kids and have tried various birth control w horrible side effects. This Nora BE mini pill was my last shot. Im on month 2. Headaches, weight gain, depression, panic attacks, super dry vag and cystic acne. Im done. Looking at getting the hormone-free copper IUD!!!"

Jennifer R. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to Jolivette about a month and a half ago - I thought perhaps the Vestura was causing me to have a lower-than-usual libido. At first I felt no different, which was to be expected as a switch can take time to kick in. Just after I started my second pack I began to feel constantly and uncomfortably bloated. I read around and found that this severe bloating had affected many other users of Jolivette. It's unbearable and makes me feel like I'm always pregnant! I did take a couple tests just to be sure I wasn't and I'm not, just feeling super uncomfortable 24/7. I asked my pharmacy to switch me back to Vestura - the constant discomfort is not worth the possibility of a slightly increased libido"

Mal814 September 19, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Was put on this due to terrible migraines. Took it for 8 months and stopped recently. Yes, my migraine wasn't as bad as how it was before but my period was very irregular. At some point, I didn't get it for 2 months THEN 3 months and it would scared the heck out of me. I would get bad cramps and my breast would be so tender & painful for weeks!!! Also, I noticed that my eating habit has gotten worst, I became tired but sleepless and often get anxiety attacks. I just couldn't take it anymore so I decided to stop it before it gets worst."

NesC September 18, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Nora BE back in March of this year. Prior to taking this I never had an irregular monthly cycle. Every month before I knew my cycle like clockwork. I started taking Nora because I was recently married and my husband and I were not ready for a child of our own just yet. Within the first few months I hated it. I experienced acne, mood swings and my cycle would come on at weird times and stay on for 7-10 days as opposed to my usual 3 - 5 days. I told my doctor I didn't like it and she suggested I stick with it because it takes at least 3 months for my body to adjust. My cycle came on and I have bled everyday for 1 solid month. I trashed the pills and pray my body can eventually rid the horomone. rids birth by preventing sex."

Jess Nelson September 15, 2016

For Birth Control: "I am actually surprised to read all the bad reviews on here, because I've never used a better pill. I still haven't gotten my period post-partum since I'm still breastfeeding. So, the reduced hormones may be why I'm having a good experience. Since being on this pill, my sex drive is through the roof (which my husband is so thrilled with), I don't have emotional highs/lows (and it may even be blunting my affect bc I don't really get sad at all anymore), and my skin looks great. I do have slight nausea about 2 hours after I take the pill each night. But that's totally worth it to me. My experience may change when my period finally comes back, but for now, I'm in love with the mini-pill."

Alexandria25291 September 14, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Nora Be for 2.5 years. Previously had taken combination pill, then was off BC for a while. Started Nora Be to alleviate my heavy painful periods. At first I was pleased because it helped the physical side effects of my cycle. But I noticed less and less regular periods (expected) with tons of other physical symptoms. Weight gain, acne, anxiousness, depression, fatigue, and BLOATING. I was so bloated all the time. I would have these horrible emotional PMS symptoms for like 3 weeks, spot for 2-3 days, normal for a week, and then back to the horrible symptoms. I just couldn't deal with it anymore - it was affecting every area of my life. On the plus side, I didn't get pregnant. I stopped taking it 6 months ago and feel great."

pengwen333 September 13, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this pill after i had my son, the dr prescribed this pill because i breastfeed. I have been on the pill for almost a year now and i have a period twice a month and im not talking about spotting or light bleeding.. i have a heavy period every time. I know everyone has different experiences but i would not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on this medicine since July 6th of 2016, today's date is September 10th 2016 and I'm still bleeding the doctor took me off September 8th I am cramping really bad, bleeding really bad too. my doctor she said that it should stop by Monday but this medicine did not help me I think it was a waste of time to take this medicine the one good thing about it though is that my sugar levels have went down since I've been off the medicine"

Candy M (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had still been spotting a little when I went to my post partum appointment and my doctor assured me that once I started taking the jolivette I would stop bleeding. I've been taking it for about a week and then started cramping and bleeding very heavily, about as much if not more than I was bleeding immediately after giving birth to my son. Now I'm concerned about how it may be affecting my milk supply. I feel like I can't get this medicine out of my system fast enough. I would NOT recommend it."

elysiawonder September 8, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had previously been on Errin for 1 year. After switching pharmacies, they gave me the generic version, Jolivette. I'm finishing up my first pack this week. While on Errin, I had two periods a month (aggravating, I know!) but it was just like clockwork. After starting Jolivette, I had my first period during my second week but did not start on my fourth week like I did with Errin. Called my doctor and she told me that even though they are essentially the same drug, they can affect you differently. She told me to give it a few months to work itself out. The only complaint I would have so far, is how ridiculously pregnant it makes you feel. I had very sore and tender breast for almost 2 weeks and irregular periods! Time will tell!"

Emily D. September 8, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I really was looking forward and trying this new birthcontrol. The first month was fine with little to no side effects. However about 3 months in, it started to have a negative effect on my mental health. I didn't feel like me and became very sensitive to the smallest problems. As well as it completely messed up my menstrual cycle. Would I recommend it? No. Never."

JE2000 September 4, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've only been taking this pill a month. My son was 6weeks old when I started it. I'd just finished the bleeding process from my pregnancy. My Dr put me on that day. I've been bleeding ever since. My son is now 12 weeks so I've been bleeding for 6 weeks straight off and on. I was trying to figure out why I was producing less milk then usual. I figured it out the pill. I will not recommend this ("mini pill) to anyone. I lost weight after I had my son I was almost back on my pre pregnancy clothes. Today I went to get dressed and I couldn't fit anything. I'm completely bloated,irritable and I have constant migraines. I'm so done with this pill. We plan on getting pregnant on more time then I'm getting my tubes tied."

TerinLacrystal (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "first time to take borth control pills.. today was my first pill of micronor and after taking the pill by 6 hrs .. I started to get a lot of cramps but even more that I used to get with my period.. I don t know if this will continue or no ... I will take it for few more days and if this continued i will stop."

dodzz August 30, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I got on this birth control at 47 because I was tired of having bad cramps. I don't have any feminine problems so I really didn't need a cycle at all. I have been taking this pill for 3 years with no cycle at all. I did ask my doctor can I get off at year 2 but she said if I'm not in menopause my cycle could come down. It doesn't bother me to pop this pill daily along with my other meds. It did what I wanted who wants to deal with a cycle at my age."

Necber1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "hated every moment of it!! Went to dr because of continuous abnormal bleeding from june 10 - august 8th , the prescribed me the norethindrone i started it that day and have been bleeding non stop for the past three weeks with severe cramping and abdominal pain. Blood clots the size of my hand and lower back pain , there has been no break for me and yesterday i had ecided to stop the pill and feel remarkably better overnight."

Jay Es (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Lyza because my doctor said it would be better to get on a birth control pill with only one hormone due to history of high blood pressure on my Dad's side of the family. I repeatedly said I did not want to switch as my body was perfectly adjusted to the Aubra...but my doctor insisted I try it. I am 1 month in and I stopped taking it last night. I refuse to take one more pill. I hoped this would work for me but all I had were negative side effects that I have NEVER had (and I have been on birth control pills for 10 years!) I spotted the whole month... Continuous spotting. I was extremely bloated and gained 5lbs since I started taking it. I had horrible cramps, broke out, was moody, and it killed my sex drive."

Mlosterhout (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "i had to switch bc (Tribessa) they said I was high risk for a stroke ,so I started using lyza. It works but I have had multiple periods in a month . I'll bleed for 4 weeks then be off for 2 days and start spotting again. That's turns into another full period I don't kno if my body isn't adjusting or what"

Ash Ash August 21, 2016

For Birth Control: "I have to give it a 5 out of 10 because it did what I wanted it to do. No pregnancy and no more cramps. But the side effects of this pill are horrible. I was on the pill for 4 months and I started breaking out more than I ever had before. I had constant migraines and I’d wake up very dizzy and nauseous. The worst side effect of all was my sex drive, it was practically non existent. I was always very dry and itchy and super uncomfortable all the time. This just wasn’t worth it for me."

Tammmieee August 17, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have not stopped spotting since taking the pill, it has been about three weeks on and it's extremely inconvenient. Pain still the same. No period but constant spotting."

Tatianaa August 16, 2016

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Errin 3 weeks now. I'm a breastfeeding/pumping mother. I was unlucky and got my first period 5 weeks pp. :( My ob said a mini pill would be best for me. So I got put on Errin. I know I haven't been on it long at all, but I have continued to lose weight while taking this pill so far. (knock on wood) So I'm not to terribly worried about excessive weight gain. My biggest issue with it so far is, like I've said, I've only been on the pill 3 weeks and I have just started my second period this month. I was on my period when I started it. I stopped for 5 days, I started back for 5 days, I again stopped for 5 days, and I have just started again! If I continue to bleed every few days I will be looking into a diffent bc method."

New to motherhood (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Birth Control: "Can't use estrogen pills. This was my other option. Periods varied from 3 days to 3 weeks. After suffering from horrible depression, weight gain, fatigue, nausea, constant breast tenderness, unpredictabe periods and constant spotting, dizziness, trouble sleeping, and cramping. After a year of hoping this would get better, the side effects continued getting worse. I chose to quit using the pills. I will no longer be putting hormones into my body."

White pony 225234 August 14, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Nora for about 8 mos. It has been a positive experience. Everyone is different; the way hormones affect you will be different; I felt that on combo pills with estrogen (particularly the 2 years I spent on Microgestin, yikes), I experienced consistent depression, anxiety, weight gain. I just think the way estrogen affects MY body/brain is not good. So i tried a progestin only pill. Negatives: your period is (somewhat) inconsistent. mine has still been a normal period, 4-5 days, it's just not as easy to plan as combo pill. I do miss being able to skip periods like on the combo pills, but not feeling emotional all the time is worth it. Have to take pill at same time daily within an hour or so. Set an alarm, and it's easy!"

JTM12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2016