User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Heather, Lyza, Jolivette, Sharobel, Deblitane, Incassia, Jencycla, Norlyroc, Nor-QD, Tulana …show all brand names

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.1 829 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Before you read this just remember that everyone experiences different things when it comes to hormones! I have been on Camila (POP- progestin-only pill) for 5 months after using a combo pill for 5 years. I have high blood pressure so I had to switch to a mini pill due to risk of clots and stroke. I have actually lost weight and gotten a period again (I lost my period a couple years ago and wanted one back). The only problem I have had is some major hair loss... I have long thick hair so I’m used to losing some every day but this has gotten bad enough to the point that I’m going to try another brand. It’s really sad but I choose my hair over everything else lol"

Not Shabby (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just stopped taking the Camila birth control pill after 5 months. Initially I did not have a period at all— this lasted approximately 3 months. Once I did get my period I broke out in cystic acne all over my chin. There would be (on average) 5 large and deep pimples around my chin. No matter what I tried these pimples would not go away. In addition, I gained 12 pounds in about 6 weeks. I run, bike, go to yoga, and eat the same foods consistently. I finally decided to stop taking the pill two weeks ago and switch to Nuvaring. My skin has already cleared up (I have one small zit now and it’s almost gone) and my bloating is decreasing. Although this pill did prevent pregnancies it was not worth the side effects."

SPQ89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2019

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just reviewed the other day. I forgot to add the most important thing. Looking back into the timeline of being on this pill, it made me extremely aggressive and moody. People I work with wondered why and how my personality did a complete 360 for the worst. I told them this was due to a bad med that didn't agree with me and left it at that. Did not mention it was birth control. I am a private person when it comes to my business. This pill turned me from a mellow person with a good sense of humor to this awful snappy witch who was slack in cleaning chores when I am normally a clean freak. It also made my hair more prone to breakage. I am back on a low dose levonorgestrel pill now and never felt better. Much calmer and bleeding has almost stopped. I don't recommend this minipill. But anything is always worth a fair shot. Most drs try their patients on what gets the highest reviews and best patient feedback. I let my new dr know what works best for me and luckily she came through."

Cobaltbabe83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

For Birth Control: "I began taking Tulana (Norethindrone) birth control 25 days ago and for the past week I’ve been having nightmares. My dreams have been abnormally dark, disturbing, and heartbreaking. I’ve dreamed of such things as being surrounded by flooding water, sexual assault, losing my 2 year old, my baby being injured by someone else, a home invasion by non humans, sister falling down the stairs while holding my baby killing her. All this in the past week and I never ever dream such things normally. Each morning I wake up in fear and disturbed with the feelings so strong they linger. Today I woke up at 4 am devastated. Went back to sleep and woke up at 8 am screaming help over and over. Freaked out my baby. Have used every birth control except diaphragm. Depo gave me depression and back pain and this experience rates 2nd worse. No other meds/ stressors/ indicators why I would dream so dark. I also had bad nightmares on pain med after surgery. Not taking another pill."

DreaminOnT (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I like this Lyza pill so far. I have only had a little acne and only breakthrough bleeding once. I love and I’m gonna keep taking it!"

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2019

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had a bad experience with the Lyza pill. First, my throat got tight and it was difficult to breathe. I called the doctor and she said I'm having a bad reaction to Lyza and I had to get off it, I only lasted 3 days. I am not allergic to ANYTHING so these pills were definitely to blame. I also immediately got terrible cystic acne all over my chin/jaw area. I stopped on the third day...that was more than 2.5 months ago and I STILL have terrible acne that I didn't have before. :( I hope it goes away soon. I don't recommend this product to anyone."

Lyza User (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After trying to go on a combo pill (Apri) and getting horrible nausea, random acne, migraines, and a skin rash, my doctor switched me to Camila. I'm nearly done with the first pack and so far, so good. I used to have a lot of emotional ups and downs and almost too much of a sex drive. This has calmed down my emotions and also my sex drive, but not in a bad way. I have had zero spotting or bleeding between periods. My skin which was fine but slight hormonal acne before periods, has been totally clear. The only downside I have noticed is my boobs swelling/tenderness. Will update after more time but wanted to put out a hopeful review after so many negative ones."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2019

For Birth Control: "LADIES. This is my first time leaving a review on one of these sites, but after my personal experience reading these reviews prior to starting this pill, I had to share my positive experience. I had been on Trinessa (combo pill) for 8 years and I was so upset when they discontinued it. I was so pro combo pill because I loved that it got rid of my acne and it worked well for me. My doc switched me to the mini pill after I went in for my annual appointment and my blood pressure was 145/95!I’m a healthy weight, exercise, eat generally healthy. She switched me to the mini pill to get my bp under control. I was so upset at first reading these comments but decided to give it a go anyway. I’m month in and I LOVE it. No breakouts, no weight gain, no facial hair (yes, that is one of the written side effects), and my bp is down to 120/80. I remember how scared I was to try this just based on the reviews but I look back and I’m so glad I did!!"

SamBam May 6, 2019

For Endometriosis: "Norethindrone is an absolute nightmare of a drug. Started at 5mg. and immmediately after starting dosage the insomnia started, and when I could sleep I would be woken up by extreme night sweats (think stepped out of the shower soaking)—I get daily hives, the most insane mood swings I think I have ever had, and extreme depression. Do not take this drug!"

X (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Do NOT take this pill. I have suffered hair loss, two periods a month, heavier periods with clotting, terrible breast pain. Absolutely a nightmare. The hair loss is devastating and my hair stylist said that’s it’s dry and course now. Going off of it today!"

KEP1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This medication has been a life saver for me. I have abnormal bleeding and I hemorrhage up to 3 weeks a month. I recently hemorrhaged for 2 months straight and my blood count went so low I needed a blood transfusion. I started taking Norethindrone 5MG a day, It took about 5 days to stop my bleeding but I have not bled since. It's been about 2 months and I am just starting to feel better and get my energy back from all the blood loss. I would much rather take this everyday than have a hysterectomy."

Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on depo for about 10 years as a teen and into early twenties. I gained 100 pounds but I was ok because I didn't have a period and couldn't get pregnant. I got off of it about 10 years ago and I had my son and decided, now that he is 9 I'm done having kids I want back on BC. My dr said no to depo due to me gaining all the weight before, and I am about to have Bariatric surgery. So she put me on this. Since day 2, I have EXTREME cramps. Everyday after I take the pill I have cramps for hours. I never really had cramps for my period. When I am off of any birth control, I do get PMS, 1 week before I start I get the mood change, I get very minimal crampy, like a 1 out of 10 and I get sore. But during my period, no cramps, my mood is fine. Well. This morning I started and I want to scream, and my cramps are worse then childbirth. And I did that all natural. I spoke with the nurse about the cramps and she said they would go away about 3 months into taking the meds. But I am not sure I am willing to wait 3 months."

Mean Mommy April 27, 2019

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this Sharobel birth control while still breastfeeding my daughter. The first month I did have almost multiple heavy periods and spotting. But now a few months in and my period is almost nonexistent. I don't know if this is common, but I encourage folks to try to wait it out as mine quickly improved."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Just had my son 6 months ago and I was breast feeding so my doctor recommended Camila birth control and ever since I have been taking it, my face has been covered in acne, mind you I have had none for years, and I can not loose weight even when I have been trying. Plus my periods are extremely painful so probably going to get off of this pill"

Pookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking Tulana 3 months ago hoping it would lighten my periods, as they have been getting heavier since I turned 40. Everything was fine the first month. I got my period on time, it was normal and then the nightmare began. I’ve had very heavy periods every two weeks since then. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

Daisy1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was previously on Ortho Tri Cyclin which made me have weight gain, super bad mood swings, anxiety and depression. I was then switched to Jolivette and have had no horrible side effects. I have noticed I haven’t really been able to lose the weight gained from my previous pill but that’s the only downside. Other than that I completely love this pill! I am back to the same old normal happy me. :)"

jolivetteuser (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been on Ortho Micronor for two weeks now, it's been an absolute roller coaster. I've had strange sensations in my legs, severe depressive episodes, mood swings, heart palpitations, headaches, and am currently experiencing what seems to be another period exactly one week after having my last one. I think if this continues I'm going back to the GP for a new prescription."

Campbe (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2019

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this birth control for about one year, April 2018 to April 2019. My gyno told me to expect changes in my skin/weight but boy did I not know what I was in for. The only upside of using this pill was no periods but the downside was so much of my hair fell out, gained about 30 pounds and I went from clear skin to the worst acne I've ever had in my life. I'm 31 and it wasn't even this bad in my teenage years. I'm officially done with this pill. I gave it time for my body to become used to it but even after a year it only seems to be getting worse. Seems like the weight gain is not stopping and the acne is so bad. If possible, please find another BC pill."

manderz (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2019

For Endometriosis: "This pill has done great for my endometriosis - a tubal pregnancy I had 20 years ago caused endometrial cells to escaped and reproduce outside of my uterus so I was getting internal bleeding during my periods. My periods were pretty horrible after a copper IUD removal - time in between periods was about 14 days, and would last up to 10 days. Menstrual hemorrhaging was making my commute horrible. I have been taking norethidrone for about 1.5 years, and gained a bit of weight, ~10 lbs. My periods are completely gone with no spotting and no cramps whatsoever, which took about 3 months. However, I think I have developed hives from the generic Norethindrone, so I am attempting the name brand Aygestin. Good luck to all!"

Steph (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2019

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I like this mini pill (Tulana) I am on because the side effects are less. I like that I don’t have crazy mood swings. I had sore breasts for a few weeks but not anymore. I had migraines before starting the pill and they have stayed about the same. Love this pill! Side note: it’s $0 for me because I get my prescription filled at Planned Parenthood"

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2019

For Endometriosis: "Been taking this medication for a month now. I'm 26 and have endometriosis. In the past month I have seen great results with my cystic and hormonal acne... But that's it. I am CONSTANTLY exhausted, I can't get out of bed. I'm literally crying 80% of my day. I am not an emotional person either. I haven't had ANY improvement in pain.. I have even been having very dark Thoughts.... Yesterday I literally felt like I wanted to die. Emotionally, mentally... It's not a good medication for me WHATSOEVER. I am forgetting to do basic things like feed the cats or pay the bills, I'm forgetting simple things that shouldn't be something to forget.. I feel like I'm extremely depressed and I can't get into a doctor for another 5 weeks. But I'm scared that if I stop taking it my pain is going to get even worse and my cystic pimples will come back and I'll be just as depressed."

Sololoba April 14, 2019

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Jolivette pill is pretty good. I take it mainly due to the fact I can get migraines and its safer to take a non combo pill. My period is not as bad on this pill and the side effects aren't too bad. Small weight gain and increase in breast size, some irritability but not too bad. It does help with my headaches and is effective in preventing pregnancy. You just need to be careful to take it at or around same time each day/night."

ncgrl77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2019

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My obgyn switched me from years of combo pills to this since I am 35 and smoke. I hated this pill. I had a period twice a month for 9-10 days. It would go from light to heavy at any given time. I went off the pill completely to see how my periods would be. Still painful and somewhat heavy. My main reason for using the pill was for periods and possible endo. Also for clear skin and pregnancy protection. I called my obgyn and had her try me on another brand. I explained to her every brand will affect people differently due to inactive ingredients. I learned this when they discontinued my favorite pill lutera and tried me on other pills said to be the same but were not. She agreed and so now I am on ortho micronor. So far it agrees with me. 5 day light periods with 1 medium day."

Cobaltbabe83 April 8, 2019

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Okay, so I usually don't give reviews on stuff like this but I felt it was necessary because of so many bad reviews on here for this drug. Before I started taking it I got really scared after reading these reviews but decided to start it anyway because I have tried so many other things with terrible side effects. Of course, Lyza birth control (BC) is not for everyone but for me it has been amazing! I have had NO issues with it besides my breasts are a little more tender than normal about a week before my period. I have really struggled with BC and this is the first one I can take without feeling terrible. My advice if you're considering taking this... try it. It may not work for you and that's ok but if you've tired so many other things like I had then this one may be your ticket. I felt like I had seriously tried everything else. After 15 years with struggling with birth control this one is finally my answer."

Net April 4, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Side effects of Errin boirth control include hair loss, depression, facial hair and melasma. This stuff is awful and should be off market. It also gave me fatty liver. Never again."

Agc (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2019