User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

4.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 152 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

"Use caution ***** I started taking this form of the "mini pill" in September 2016. Initially I had no adverse reactions to it but, the side effects of NON STOP BLEEDING hit me like a Mack truck. For the past two months I have been experiencing what's known as "breakthrough bleeding" almost everyday. The kicker is I stopped taking it over a month ago!! Seek other forms of contraception-this one is really scary (and only 80% effective)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Norethindrone...OMG! I wanna scream I was giving this birth control to control heavy bleeding and painful cramps due to Endometriosis. This pill has caused acne, prolonged bleeding and cramps. My cycle now last 15 plus days and with the bleeding I have cramps. Now I have low hemoglobin levels and anemia because of the loss of blood. I'm 37 and don't want kids so now I'm looking to permanent birth control. I wanted to try the IUD but my sister had it for 5 years and when they took it out it broke and she had to have surgery. Now she's having issues with her cervix and bleeding. Smh what are we to do!"

Tthomas31 April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone): "So I was given Lyza because of my migraines. Long story short as soon as i started taking it I've had problems. My migraines seem even worse. It made me really moody & depressed. Not to mention never having a break from my period if I'm lucky I get 5 days off at the most other than that I'm always on my period. I definitely would not recommend!"

xo.shortyy April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site and comments. This pill has been a nightmare. I bleed HEAVY constantly for weeks at a time. I'm now severely anemic and am going through iron (iv) infusions. YES like another commenter I have my period for weeks, last month I was on my period 3 weeks. I'm so tired and frustrated that I'm 38 and considering a hysterectomy. I started this pill 9/28/16. Every time I called about the heavy long periods I was told it takes 2 to 3 months for my body to adjust its now been 6 months and like I said I was on my period 3 weeks last month and just had my 1st of 5 iron infusion treatments. Nightmare.. AVOID THIS PILL :("

North-Nightmare (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone): "I use to have the mirena for 3 years but during the 3rd year I started having side effects so I got the Lyza pill because I have migraines. I started in October 2016 and I'm always bleeding I'll stop bleeding for a week and then start bleeding again my cramps are worse I get really depressed idk what to do - I don't want kids right now I'm married "

Calitatted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have been on this for a few days, 37 to go. My Dr. prescribed to prep my uterus for an ablation in May. So far the bloating isn't as bad as I thought it might be, but the 'sad' feeling is bothersome and has zapped any and all energy I have."

Punky69 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After three days of being on this medicine I started breaking out like acne all on my lower neck, blood pressure was very high stomach started cramping and oh my word the back pain was way worse than any period pain I ever get - and trust me cycle pain is thru the roof but Aygestin put s new meaning on that "

Mimidn March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise."

SJaber March 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I was prescribed Nora b after being off of birth control for 15yrs.... I always had normal periods on time to a tee now I am getting my period for 9 days.... I'm stopping this med right away....especially after reading all those reviews on in between period bleeding"

MayMay0930 February 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "Well, ever since I was 13 my periods were not normal they would last for more than a week, I would get horrible side effects such as nausea, cravings, cramps you name it. I got extremely tired of it and I was prescribe to Nora-Be it's been good to me. I started it while on my period I only bled for two days! Not even bad! It was a small spot and done I felt so relieved!!! I noticed no weight gain and I felt great, I get no side effects from it but if I do which is rare it's breast pain. I recommend this, but of course everyone's body is different!!! ps I've been on it for ages"

Samantha Belmontes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone): "I have been taking Lyza since December 5th, 2016. I have had vaginal bleeding since December 7th, 2017. Yes, that is 71 days straight! I have not had any other side effects from this pill but the bleeding is enough to do me in. I keep waiting to see if it will even out but again this week it is heavier then just spotting and showing no signs of slowing down. I have high blood pressure which is why I am on this pill but I don't think I can keep taking it much longer. So frustrated!!!!"

MNnicegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this pill for a long time without facing any psychological issues. I had no weight loss or gain. no acne. This pill is great in the fact that it does not have a warning for blood clots/DVT/PE since there is no estrogen. However, the downsides to it, for me, were that it did not suppress my ovaries enough and I had 2 periods a month. Also, It caused my ovaries to have a lot of painful ruptured cysts that led me to hospital stays they were so bad. My GYN made me switch birth control to one with low estrogen in order to better suppress the ovaries."

mgw55 February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking this pill about a month after having my son. Since I began I have had irregular bleeding throughout the whole month. And I've gained about 15lbs in the month I was taking it. I was back to my prepregnancy weight of 125 before this pill. I absolutely hate it. Bloating. Weight gain. Cramping. This pill is a nightmare!"

MomLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone): "I started taking Lyza on the second day of my period and it's been 2 weeks now I'm still bleeding. And this is the first time I have to take pain reliever on my period. Plus I'm gaining weight too.. this pills sucks"

Alex12 January 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this medication to take 3 times a day over 25 days due to having 2 periods a month and spotting in between. But I finished the tablets, got a period 3 days later but I'm still having the bleeding issues! It's day 10 now and the tablets have not worked and I'm not happy about constantly having a period, but no birth control agrees with my body."

Not impressed January 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is the first time I have taking this pill. It is due to abnormal bleeding after my tubal reversal. My OBG put me on this, so that it would regulate my hormones and period because I havent got pregnant and its been a year. I am only taking it for 2 weeks and just finished. I am waiting for my period now as my doctor said it would bring on my period. After it comes I'm suppose to take chlomad. Its going to help me become pregnant by releasing 3 to 4 eggs at a time.The Norethindrone has actually made me lose weight and lowered my blood pressure.It has made me not want to eat but this is my first time and I havent been taking it for months or years. But what I'm using it for has definitely worked and glad I was prescribed the medication."

Candiss (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After having my second baby, I got my period back at 6.5 weeks postpartum even though I EBF! My periods were really heavy after my first child so I wanted to be on the pill to decrease my menstral flow. Since I'm breast feeding, my doc perscribed me with this mini pill and it has been the worst birth control medication I have ever been on. I am getting my period twice a month, with each cycle lasting about a week. It's ridiculous! I just finished my 2nd month being on the pill and I am stopping now. I would rather deal with the heavy flow then the 2 times a month flow!"

IOooOI November 10, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This pill caused horrible side effects. My mood swings were so bad I thought I was going crazy. I was angry all the time, sad, depressed, and suffered nightmares. It will lighten your periods, but it wasn't worth feeling mentally insane!"

LindaB2016 November 1, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking this drug for about two years and I have mixed feelings about it. I started it because I had 10 day+ long periods with severe cramps lasting even longer than that. I started on the lowest dose and had CONSTANT spotting for a long time. Told the doc and she moved me up a dose. This is where the mixed feelings come in... I have had perhaps two days total of bleeding (only when I forgot to take the pill) in the past two years but I've also experienced significant weight gain, acne, and mood changes, and it's getting old. At this point I'm considering switching to a different bc method. Unfortunately, I can't take anything with estrogen! (Migraine with aura)"

EmmaPK September 26, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I started taking this pill after i had my son, the dr prescribed this pill because i breastfeed. I have been on the pill for almost a year now and i have a period twice a month and im not talking about spotting or light bleeding.. i have a heavy period every time. I know everyone has different experiences but i would not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this medicine since July 6th of 2016, today's date is September 10th 2016 and I'm still bleeding the doctor took me off September 8th I am cramping really bad, bleeding really bad too. my doctor she said that it should stop by Monday but this medicine did not help me I think it was a waste of time to take this medicine the one good thing about it though is that my sugar levels have went down since I've been off the medicine"

Candy M (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"hated every moment of it!! Went to dr because of continuous abnormal bleeding from june 10 - august 8th , the prescribed me the norethindrone i started it that day and have been bleeding non stop for the past three weeks with severe cramping and abdominal pain. Blood clots the size of my hand and lower back pain , there has been no break for me and yesterday i had ecided to stop the pill and feel remarkably better overnight."

Jay Es (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have not stopped spotting since taking the pill, it has been about three weeks on and it's extremely inconvenient. Pain still the same. No period but constant spotting."

Tatianaa August 16, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "This is a great pill it stops the bleeding but does give you a regular period every twenty eight days. The only con is that my breast get real tender and swell."

Jademill August 12, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Dr. Prescribed for abnormal bleeding, post D&C for pcos . It has been a lifesaver for me. No cramps, period lasts no longer than 2-3days... breast tenderness something ive nevr felt until i started bc. I hadnt felt many "normal" female symptoms before due to my irregular condition(s). Therefore i was happy to experience them. I actually feel like a grown up."

Beka B (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2016