User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 264 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "So far I have had more anxiety and I feel random pains I only been on this for a week now"

Anonymous September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone): "There's a lot of bad reviews on here, so I thought I'd offer my experience to balance it out. Camila has been fine for me. Switching from estrogen-based birth control to progestin-only I have noticed a few negative side effects. I have slightly more acne/greasier skin. I also have a lot more breast pain/tenderness when I PMS than I did before. I hate having to remember it every day, and given the side effects, would go back on estrogen in a heartbeat. Since that's not an option, this has worked out fine for me. I haven't noticed any weight gain or moodiness"

jemkru September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been on Lyza for one year. I just turned 41 and have no children. I was previously on Camrese and loved it-felt happy, confident and like my normal self but had to switch due to new smoking habit. Pros: I have not gotten pregnant. Cons: horrible mood swings, more acne than ever and I've always had great skin-this has made me more self-conscious than ever, lowered libido, I'm mean and nasty to my boyfriend for no reason and it seems uncontrollable. I have gained 30+ lbs but I also started methadone treatment around the same time so that could be the culprit. Perhaps my hormones but I stopped taking Lyza two days ago and will see doc soon to discuss options."

toasters September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sharobel (norethindrone): "Love it"

Lexyyyyy September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this medicine 7 months and I'm 8 months post partum and also breast feeding. I have not had a period and that could be from BF or the pill. Also unable to loose any weight. Extremely moody and break outs often. I rated it 10 because have no gotten pregnant while on it"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Norlyda (norethindrone): "I had issues on this medication the first few months like extremely bad headaches almost everyday, horrible acne, mood swings and irregular periods. My migraines have lessened now however it is horrible acne that bothers me the most. It took about 6 months for my period to start being regular after being on a Combo pill 9 years"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been on Lyza since February 2016. I was previously on Nuva Ring (which was amazing when I was in my early 20s), but in my early 30s I started getting aura migraines and my body was physically rejecting the ring. My doctor put me on Lyza and the aura migraines went away, along with my period! I haven't had a period since March 2016. I of course take pregnancy test to be sure every once in awhile. I sometimes forget to take the pill, but I'll double up the next day, still no problems when I do that. All in all, it's a great birth control! No weight gain (but I can't seem to lose the last 10lbs...)."

AmberDP September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I'm sticking it out with Lyza though most times I don't know why. Everyone is different. So don't go crazy reading all these reviews. Try it and figure out for yourself if it is good for you or not. Unfortunately besides an IUD or a baby this is my only option for birthcontrol. I have had very irregular bleeding. The spotting is enough to drive anyone crazy. My boobs hurt like crazy sometimes. I feel pregnant but I am not. Maybe that's how this pill works I don't know. Also I scoured the reviews so don't know if any one has had this experience but I have had lite bleeding during/after sex. Figure out what's good for you. I wouldn't recommend this pill if you have other options."

Mlmlmlml (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Symptoms: Weight gain, weight gain, weight gain, overall body pain, bloating, dizziness, tiredness...After years of taking this medication, I became extremely miserable and had to backtrack to find the cause. I rated this a 10 because it is an effective birth control for many reasons. Plus side: Symptoms disappear after you stop this medication."

FortySomething August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Well I wish I had read these reviews before trying this new birth control. My doctor recommended it to minimize side effects associated with other pills. I got pregnant within months of switching. My doctor said it was because I must've taken a dose at the wrong time. True, I didn't realize there was only a three hour window. This is different than every other type of birth control pill!!!! And this important difference is not highlighted in patient training in my experience. Now I've taken the pill religiously for last two months, and I just found out I am pregnant again! I am devastated. This birth-control is not effective. Beware. Please note that I took Ocella and Ortho Tri-Cyclen for over 22 years before making the switch. I never had any problems. Do not trust this pill!"

TotallyDevasted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone): "Imagine being pregnant and on your period at the same time -- without bleeding -- for months. That's what this pill is like. Countless pregnancy tests bought -- because surely all of this bloating, cramping, weight gain, fatigue, EXTREMELY sore and swollen boobs means I'm pregnant! Except no. This is just life now, courtesy of Camila. I ignored the negative reviews. I gave it 6 months. It's awful. And less effective than combo pills. Needless to say, I'm stopping immediately."

ByeCamila! August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I just stopped taking this birth control due to the negative side effects I have experienced. It caused me to have severe headaches every single day, mainly behind my eyes. I also felt moody and depressed. I would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I've only been on this pill 3 weeks and today I had a complete breakdown. I have been bleeding ever since I have taken the first day and today I was downright angry and crying and could not function. All for no reason. I am stopping this pill immediately. I have also been so bloated that I feel like I am pregnant all over again and I was starting to finally feel good about myself again since I had my son 6 weeks ago. And like others my milk supply has pretty much dried up! Terrible"

fromnowhere (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Errin (norethindrone): "This has Been The WORST birth control i have ever been on , It has darkened my skin , gave me the worst mood swings & lets not begin on irregular periods. Being on this seems more like a burden, stopping pregnancy is really not worth all the hell you go through on these pills."

Lakerra J (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sharobel (norethindrone): "I've been bleeding lightly for 3 weeks and it smells fairly bad. I'm quitting it for these reasons and going back to my old birth control pill."

Trooper12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone): "Was on the combined pills before that made me crazy. But this pill actually doesn't do any of that for me. Sure I've gained like 20 pounds in the few months I have been taking it. I have a few more cramps then usual. No abnormal bleeding. I got a little bit more acne then usual. But this pill does the trick for me."

Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "After having a baby I needed to go on a birth control that was safe to take while breast-feeding. I also, needed something that was estrogen free due to my history with cyst in my breast and could be less likely to cause cyst and cancer. So, my OB recommended this and said its the only safe BC pill to take while breast-feeding. As soon as I started taking it I started bleeding, around 10 days. So far, after a few months the only down fall seemed to be 2 possible periods per month and sometimes it the bleeding could be lengthy, however, I dealt with it and stayed on the pill. Next thing ) I started breaking out in what looked like hives on my neck, chin and face. It was really bad for a month!! I went to Dermo and told to stop taking immediately!!"

Nora Birth Control Feedback (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I don't want to scare people off from taking this pill but in the short period I took this pill I had too many issues. I am a person who has great blood pressure. Immediately after starting I noticed my feet feeling swollen so I started taking my blood pressure. It was through the roof!! I was having horrible crippling anxiety everyday for most the day and I already have depression and anxiety disorder. I was bloated all the time. I called my doctor and they told me to immediately stop the pills. I'm 37 and average weight. Birth control isn't worth having a stroke."

Dancer2280 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Errin (norethindrone): "I took this birth control and it made my mood horrible. I got so irritable and mean. Caused my armpits to get lumps and became very sore. I got pretty severe headaches. Woke up feeling hazy. Stopped taking it right away and it all went away. Not getting pregnant is not worth the side effects. It made me miserable. Do not take this."

Sarahannmeow July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Since April my period has been one week on then the next week off , then so on. And now I've been bleeding for 23 days straight. This is terrible."

Beckka Arnold July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "First I want to remind everyone that we all react differently to medications. If I would have gone off these reviews I wouldn't have ever started taking this birth control let alone any of them. I have been on it a month now. The first week I had very high anxiety levels which was difficult to push through but after 10 days it subsided. I do notice I am bloated pretty much all the time but with time I hope that will pass as well. I have had mild cramps every now and then. Otherwise I am fine. Don't let bad reviews scare you off. I would recommend this pill."

Cherrr22 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Horrible pill that should be discontinued. I've never spotted so much in my life while being on any pill until I got on this one..and not to mention it gave me a period at least every other week. I'd rather stay on the combination pills from now on."

Shae88 July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I'm so glad I've finally found birth control that works for me. I can't do combination birth control pills at all because of it's negative side effects. It's been pretty great so far. Nothing has changed about my weight, I've actually started loosing a few pounds, but I am more active. I started it on the first day of my period and since then, I have had some spotting, but doesn't bother me. My next period on this pill was extremely light. My periods are usually heavy but it is a plus not to waste money on tampons anymore! Only downside is I do notice a few more acne breakouts at time, but it's better than having pregnancy scares! It's also great on that aspect, we only use this as birth control and I haven't gotten pregnant so :)"

Betsieboop (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "First I'd like to say that different meds are for different people so just because you have a bad experience doesn't mean it's not the perfect med for the next person. Personally, I love Jolivette, it has done wonders for my depression ... Great non estrogen birth control pills for me. I will say that the lack of periods is odd but I feel better than ever."

CGC1975 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "24 yr old female. I've been on this pill for a year and I have been on various other pills since 17. This one is one of my more favorite pills. Hardly any acne, no weight gain, no moodiness. I pretty much feel like myself except I get no periods at all, like going on 8 months now. So I talked with my OB/GYN and I want to get my monthly cycle back so I'm switching back to a pill I had previously. Nothing was wrong with this pill, and I loved that it was estrogen free, but the lack of periods was disconcerting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017