User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Since April my period has been one week on then the next week off , then so on. And now I've been bleeding for 23 days straight. This is terrible."

Beckka Arnold July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "First I want to remind everyone that we all react differently to medications. If I would have gone off these reviews I wouldn't have ever started taking this birth control let alone any of them. I have been on it a month now. The first week I had very high anxiety levels which was difficult to push through but after 10 days it subsided. I do notice I am bloated pretty much all the time but with time I hope that will pass as well. I have had mild cramps every now and then. Otherwise I am fine. Don't let bad reviews scare you off. I would recommend this pill."

Cherrr22 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I'm so glad I've finally found birth control that works for me. I can't do combination birth control pills at all because of it's negative side effects. It's been pretty great so far. Nothing has changed about my weight, I've actually started loosing a few pounds, but I am more active. I started it on the first day of my period and since then, I have had some spotting, but doesn't bother me. My next period on this pill was extremely light. My periods are usually heavy but it is a plus not to waste money on tampons anymore! Only downside is I do notice a few more acne breakouts at time, but it's better than having pregnancy scares! It's also great on that aspect, we only use this as birth control and I haven't gotten pregnant so :)"

Betsieboop (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "First I'd like to say that different meds are for different people so just because you have a bad experience doesn't mean it's not the perfect med for the next person. Personally, I love Jolivette, it has done wonders for my depression ... Great non estrogen birth control pills for me. I will say that the lack of periods is odd but I feel better than ever."

CGC1975 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "24 yr old female. I've been on this pill for a year and I have been on various other pills since 17. This one is one of my more favorite pills. Hardly any acne, no weight gain, no moodiness. I pretty much feel like myself except I get no periods at all, like going on 8 months now. So I talked with my OB/GYN and I want to get my monthly cycle back so I'm switching back to a pill I had previously. Nothing was wrong with this pill, and I loved that it was estrogen free, but the lack of periods was disconcerting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I have been on Lyza for about 7 months now and I hate it. I literally am bleeding most of the month, and it's definitely not a normal period. I called my provider and they said it takes about 6 months for it to get regular again but I don't see that happening. My mood swings are horrible and I feel really anxious and depressed. Do not recommend this to anyone!"

Ashley366 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I started the pill not to long ago and I haven't had any problems besides bloating."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I started on Lyza, February of 2017. My doctor told me, with Lyza you might not even get a period at all with these pills. (hints why they are all white pills) my periods where fine very, very light than normal but it didn't bother me. Now, I am two months late with no period, with period symptoms. I went to see my doctor because I got very sick (dehydrated) and I told her about my missed period which was late by two weeks at the time of my doctors visit. I did a urine test and blood work test on the same day, not pregnant. She then confirmed that Lyza, you won't have a period every 90 days. It's always been two months for me without a period. It hasn't made me moody but I did realize that you do gain a little weight."

Cabella (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Errin (norethindrone): "I'm 20, 5'5 , and 155 pounds. While taking Errin I finally stopped getting my period and got my appetite back. I was on the combination pill which made me nauseous , tired and in the end I constantly kept spotting and getting my period along with worsened cramps. HOWEVER while taking Errin I have gained two or three pounds so far and my skin is breaking out. I'd like to say on the bright side I don't get a period but.. let's me honest I'd rather be off birth control. I've been on Errin for 1 month and one week. Good luck ladies"

Corrine_ June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "Some of the reviews here seem to be misleading. What works for some women, may cause horrible side effects for others. I've tried a few different BC pills and even the Depo-Provera shot. My Dr. suggested I switch to Lyza because I was getting frequent migraines with the last pill I was on. I have not had a migraine since I switched to Lyza! It's been over a year since I switched and I haven't experienced any weight gain, change in mood, etc. Overall, I've had a wonderful experience with this birth control. Only downside is that my periods are inconsistent.. Sometimes I will go a couple months w/o one. But I also don't take it at the same time every day (oops!)"

Courtx3 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"THIS IS THE WORST PILL EVER. This pill does way more harm than good. I started this pill over a year ago and the first couple of months were totally fine. I freaking loved the thing. Around the 6 month mark, I started getting my periods more frequently. After I would have sex, I would get a pretty heavy period that lasted 5 days. After about 3 months of this, I went to my obgyn. She said I was perfectly fine. Everything seemed to be fine after that. Now here we are present day and the same issue is back. I had to go have an endometrial biopsy because of it. I have also had weight gain, hair loss, and I am way more moody. I am switching to an IUD because this pill is absolute trash. If they tell you to get on it, don't."

Anonymous June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I started bleeding last year 2016 in April and bled until this year 2017 June. I had a D&C in Nov 2016 and had mirena placed. Well mirena wasn't for me, it caused weight gain and loss of hair not to mention no sex drive and was still bleeding so I had the mirena removed on 6/18/16. Bleeding got worse by the next day doc had prescribed jolivette the mini pill there are like 7 different names for this pill also known as the mini pill or POPs. I started it on Saturday the 19th and 6 days later period free, no cramping, no bloating, no back pain - nothing. I'm so happy after a year of bleeding its finally over and I'm 47 no side effects at all. I'm actually losing weight so if you have abnormal bleeding I would highly recommend this pill"

The cure (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I was extremely happy with my combination pill, but was forced to switch to Lyza about a month ago due to my aural migraines. The first three days on the new pill I was too nauseous to function. I've now had my period twice in less than a month and sore breasts since I started it. Aside from my skin improving slightly (which was unexpected), my weight remaining unaffected, and my mood staying much more balanced than when on estrogen, this pill is a nightmare physically."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I've gotten pregnant on this twice. (Second time because I didn't realize they put me on the same one as before.) Can't lose weight. Acne is terrible. Cramping is terrible. Made my period extremely irregular."

Meh. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've not had any side effects with lyza and I've been taking it for nearly a year. It's regulated my period and also help lessen the severity of my period, my main reason for taking it. While I can't speak on behalf of it actually being used for birth control, it does work wonders for everything else."

Kenidi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone): "Started Camila back in December after meeting my amazing boyfriend. Seriously now have my period for like 9 days...(used to last like 5 or less). I have had abnormal mid-cycle bleeding, have gained weight, and am miserable. I can't wait to get to my Dr this week to get OFF this pill. I am so tired of the bleeding. I might as well become a nun. Ha!"

Not Getting Any in NH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this mini pill 4/5weeks ago and I quit right now "

Tjshappy June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Camila (norethindrone): "I originally began taking this pill to lessen the pain of my period cramps and make them lighter. It did make them lighter but my cramps did not improve. I also wanted to protect against pregnancy which it did. I broke out a lot less. My boobs were sore and tender ALL THE TIME. The huge issue I had with this pill was the mood swings and weight gain. I was very irritable and constantly snapped at my mom and my boyfriend which caused arguments in our relationship. I was tired all the time. I cried over everything and was just very depressed. I did notice I would eat more which caused me to gain a bit of weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. It's not worth the emotional roller coaster it puts you on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyza (norethindrone): "I've been on this for a week (which I know isn't a long time but hear me out lol). I have not really experienced negative side effects at all. I waited to start it on the first day of my period to ensure that I wasn't pregnant and my period went on and cleared up as normal and expected. MAYBE just a tiny bit of bloating at times. I went on the mini pill because my body can not process estrogen at all. Immediately, I get horrible mood dives, I get painful cramps in my legs and arms from the high cortisol estrogen was causing me. In fact, on this pill my mood seems to have taken a turn for the better, I have more energy to do things and feel more mentally stable! Don't be scared off by reviews or discouraged from finding, everyone's different"

depressionandacne (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Errin (norethindrone): "So, I'm 23 years old. I went to the doctor not only for a birth control but for something to control my terrible menstrual cycle...I would bleed for 7 days straight, heavily at that. I was first put on Depo which I absolutely adored! No periods, no terrible side effects like most people warn you about. Well after 2 years my doc tells me it's not good to be on Depo longer than 2 years so I switched to a pill. I smoke and at this point in my life I am not ready to quit, So I take progestin only pills. At first starting Errin, I spotted for about 2 weeks but I figured that was because of not having a period for nearly 2 years. Since then I have a period every Month and while they only last about 4 days with moderate bleeding. Cramps are bad!!!"

KeaK June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I never experienced heavy bleeding or anything while taking this . I do have a liver disease and this pill just kind made me sick . I thought it was a common cold or something but now that I quit taking it I feel so much better . Nausea real bad, hard to breathe, and the abdominal pain is something serious . I'm glad I quit taking this pill . It works - don't get me wrong, but knowing the side affects will be even better. Read up on this pill before your doctor even prescribe it to you . Only you know your body than anyone else . Never forget that"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This birth control has negatively impacted my life a in a severe way. I started taking this birth control about 4 months ago. Since I started the norethindrone, I have experienced just about every side effect listed on the medication: weight gain, hair loss, breast tenderness, mood swings, headaches, breakouts, the whole lot. And on top of that, my mood swings are so intense that I find it hard to control the way that I'm feeling, and it is causing my friends to no longer want to hang out with me because I am cranky all of the time. I called the doctor and was told to keep taking the medication because it would likely balance out, but I am at the end of four months and am still experiencing side effects. DO NOT recommend this birth control."

Bail June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I've been on this medicine for 2 weeks now. The only thing I've noticed so far is that I did bloat a lot more than usual during my period. I also have little head aches almost everyday, but they only last for 10 minutes at most. I've managed to eat a pint of ice cream every single night and still loose weight. The only downfall of this medicine is it makes me very angry."

J4yb0n3s May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I was taking a name brand of this jolviette for about 5 months I loved it worked for me and no symptoms on it at all. Well then my insurance told me I had to switch to optum rx and they gave me this terrible generic it was horrible. I literally only took it for a week I had extreme dizziness also terrible bloating to the point I could hardly eat and I was constipated and super gassy. I was constantly hungry I had gained 2 pounds just from a week I felt hot all the time. I literally felt like I was on a period 24/7, I even had headaches everyday, it got so unbearable I felt like crap 24/7 I couldn't take it. So I stopped the pill and I feel so much better I will be going back on my normal pill and will never be taking this again!"

Anonymous May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this for about three months and I've had worse periods than usual, I've gained 30 pounds and have broken out very bad! My experience with this birth control has been horrible!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017