User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 257 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

"I've been taking this for about three months and I've had worse periods than usual, I've gained 30 pounds and have broken out very bad! My experience with this birth control has been horrible!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone): "This pill is great I been taking it for 2 months no weight gain, no acne, my period is normal, my sex drive is very high..I do get moody but I can control that so I say that this is a great birthcontrol...especially since I'm breast feeding"

Jzmun May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I have been on this birth control for years because of my migraines with aura. After two years, I had gained like thirty pounds (without ever changing my habits) and started experiencing constant spotting. Basically I'm on my period like 70% of the month. The doctors highly suggested I switch to an IUD but I'm just not down with it. So I stopped taking the birth control and everything went back to normal pretty quickly. I was also able to drop fifteen pounds. I began taking the pill again after a six-month break about two months ago. Sure enough, the weight AND the constant spotting has returned. I think I better stop with this pill altogether. Lame."

PeachyApril May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Be weary of the comments you see here of people only giving the mini pill less a month trial. I was prescribed the mini pill for birth control due to my history of migraines with aura. I am now 2.5 months in and side effects are beginning to wear off. Between week two and week four my skin broke out badly - it wore off after 2 weeks. My first period came on time and was a little lighter than normal, I have yet to have another period. Two to four weeks in I suffered from bouts of vertigo and did fall a few times -> I raised out of bed too fast, bobbing my head up and down to shave my legs in the shower, etc. Some abdominal pain, bloating, and increased hunger but nothing too alarming. Give the pill some time and wait out the symptoms."

SureThang (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone): "Been taking the pills for 5 months, last two months I have had two full periods each month..and heavy bleeding. Also have felt huge mood changes, anxiety depression easily irritated. I can clearly see changes in my mood before and after starting with these pills. Sorry but would never ever recommend them."

AB99 May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone): "I do not like Lyza. Been making me gain weight and I haven't had my period in 2 months . And I KNOW I'm not pregnant because I haven't had sex in like 6-7 months."

Meissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Errin (norethindrone): "There's one pro: I didn't get pregnant. But it didn't even matter. I've always had normal periods so I was surprised when my period went out of wack as soon as I started these pills. They made it so irreuglar. I would never know when it was going to come, and I was having one about every two weeks, and one period lasted for 9 days, which I've never had a period more than 6. And sometimes it would come, stop for a day, then come back the next day?? The consistency fluctuated, it would be extremely light then the next day extremely heavy. It was not worth It because I never knew when I was gonna be able to have sex with my bf. And on top of that, it gave me horrible anxiety. I would wake up and feel nervous and freaking out for no reason"

Everynicknameihaveisinuse? May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worst birth control ever!!! First off, my mood swings and depression were crazy. Couldn't even get out of bed half the time. Then my face neck chest arms and back got covered in acne.. to top it off, it completely threw my period out of whack. And I took it at the same time everyday! I was on pill for 3 months.. needless to say.. I am done with this one! TRASH!!!!!!!!!"

Cait59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Norethindrone back in January, here it is the middle of May. I started the pill because of the obvious, "Don't want to get pregnant," and "We'd prefer to be safer than sorry", storyline. I suffer from Chronic Migraine, so my doctor prescribed the mini-pill as an option, not wanting them to intensify. Well, in that aspect, the pill worked. And has worked. It's also worked with preventing pregnancy. Thank goodness. What it hasn't worked with is everything else. Almost 6 months on it and I've gained almost 15 pounds, and my periods have become almost completely unbearable!!!! And not to mention they come about every 2 weeks, if they even come that far apart!!"

SSTindal91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So, my Dr prescribed this Norethindrone 0.35 mg tablets. I've only been on them 17 days, and I've gained 15lbs. I am constantly bloated and always have severe cramping since I started. I spoke to my Dr last week and she swears there are no side effects. But all of a sudden I got a uti,yeast infection,always hungry. I decided to stop this pill as of now. *After reading all these horrible reviews I'm done with these pills!*"

Me in ohio May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone): "This is the absolute worst pill on the market. My periods used to be fine before this pill. Now my cramps are so horrible that I actually pass out from the pain and puke until the point where I would rather die. My face has broken out and I have gained almost 20 pounds. If I could give this pill a negative review I would."

Dylllydon18 May 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I went on Jolivette 6 weeks postpartum. I've had issues with uterine fibroids at age 21, so at age 24 they didn't want to risk it with an estrogen pill. Here I am a year later, gained 60 pounds, on depression medication, lowest libido ever, moody, horrible periods, oh AND I'M PREGNANT after the first time not using back up birth control like condoms. All thanks to Jolivette. Thank you, Jolivette. You had 1 job, and you failed miserably."

Allyb427 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I started having seizures when I was 14 and tried several seizure medicines and nothing was working. I am now 20 and we think they could be hormonal so my Doctor put me on Jolivette and I have been seizure free for 2 months! My prayers have been answered!"

Marystrunk13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I've been on this for about 7 months, I hate it and ready to go to another pill. When I started taking it I felt pregnant, I've gained about 15 lbs since, last month had light spotting for 2 weeks. I will not recommend this pill."

Anonymous April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone): "Can I give this pill a zero rating?! I started this pill back in July because I was having migraines with auras and my doctor thought this would help. NO. This pill is awful. I had no migraines but what I experienced was worse: acne breakouts all over my body which I have never experienced before this pill, frequent spotting but no actual period, bloating and cramping all of the time, drastic weight gain, zero sex drive, foggy brain and worst of all it made me so moody. I'm an extremely bubbly person and this pill made me mean and grumpy. I had zero tolerance and frequently snapped at people. I was tired all the time and depressed. I quit this pill a week ago and I feel so much better already. I am my old self again."

GG329 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone): "This pill has so far prevented pregnancy successfully, even with missing occasionally. The irregular periods do provide quite the scare but I'm thankful for something during this breastfeeding stage. Since I exercise, I haven't noticed any weight gain or significant side effects after the first few days of taking it."

Anonymous April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this by my OB-GYN as a birth control method. First month was great! Less heavy and painful period with only a little spotting. Now? Not so much. I get 2 periods a month now, with severe cramping that lasts for days. I've lost 10 pounds, but am always hungry. I have severe mood swings and increased anxiety. I am now lucky enough to have at least one panic attack a day. My acne has gotten worse, and I'm tired all the time. I've talked to my doctor about it, but my concerns have been dismissed. If this doesn't stop by the end of next month, I will get a second opinion and a different birth control method."

Smokealarmsnick (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camila (norethindrone): "Awful pill. I threw away this month's pack and I am only on week 2. My face broke out like CRAZY and I became so irritable I wanted to put my fist through the wall constantly. I started having really bad depressive thoughts and I gained weight as well. Oh yeah, and I have no sex drive at all. Don't take this pill. I'm getting an IUD."

Falmouthchick April 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone): "Due to my history of migraine with aura, my doctor suggested I went with a non estrogen birth control. I went back and forth about the copper IUD and the pill. I decided against the IUD because it isn't a painless process for those who haven't yet had children. Ive been on Jolivette for a month now. The first few weeks were difficult. I had breakthrough bleeding (bleeding between your periods) and quite terrible anxiety. If I had stopped taking it then I would have rated this med a 2 or 3. After about 2.5 weeks in... my anxiety subsided, the breakthrough bleeding stopped and everything balanced. I was even able to decrease the strength of my anxiety medicine. My PMDD and endometriosis have been easier to bare, and So far so good."

CassieQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "This has by far been the worst birth control I have ever had. I have a constant headache almost daily ever since I started taking it. My breasts reduced in size, I have gained massive amounts of weight. And it makes you angrier than ever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Heather (norethindrone): "I've had trouble finding a birth control that wouldn't make me gain weight, give me UTI's, or make me depressed. I have finally found the one!!! This birth control has given me no issues at all. At first my period was a little irregular when adjusting to this pill, but now it comes regularly and I have no negative side effects. You do have to be a little more exact with the time you take this BC, but I have my phone alarm set every day to the same time so it's usually not a problem. The only time it is, is when my schedule is a little out of whack. Other than that this is the best birth control I've taken and will continue to take."

tdemps April 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lyza (norethindrone): "I always see bad reviews about Lyza but I've been taking it for almost a year and a half. I never really experienced bad side effects like bleeding for an extended period of time or weight gain. The only thing I've noticed was a very irregular period (mine was already irregular before I started) but it'll just be off by a week or so. If you are good with taking pills on time, I highly recommend!"

82929272Nicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "This pill is amazing!!!! As long as I TAKE THE PILL ON TIME EVERYDAY, I have no issues!!! My doctor said I need to stay within the same 1 hour window for taking the pill EVERY DAY. As soon as I got on schedule and sent my phone alarm, my life has become WONDERFUL!!! Best BC I've ever been on. My husband sure thinks so. Lol"

Mrsdhall (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I had previously been on Ortho Micronor, the name brand for norethindrone, 0.35 mg, for 3 years. Then my insurance wouldn't cover it so I had to go on Jolivette. After about a week of taking this pill, I started to experience heightened anxiety. It got so bad that I could no longer do simple day-to-day tasks such as going to class or going to a restaurant. I was having panic attacks daily. It then got to the point where I was terrified to leave my house. I was also overcome with depression. This all happened within the first 2 weeks of taking this pill. It was too horrible to endure so I stopped taking it. My mental health is still not 100% back to normal."

ackerm36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I was put on Jolivette because I suffer from migraines and I can't have estrogen or I experience stroke like symptoms. Overall I didn't have an issue with the medication. In the beginning of treatment I did notice I was kind of sensitive and a tad moody, but for me It passed. I've been on this BC since Novemeber, no complaints. I read the other reviews and I just want to remind everyone that every woman's body is different and we all have different needs. I didn't break out in acne, I didn't gain weight, (I'm very active, if that matters), I say it takes a couples months for your body to get used to the new hormone, but it's nothing intolerable once time has passed."

sthomp1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017