User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Incassia, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyda, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 248 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "Hated every minute of this birth control. Stopped after 3 months, constant period and bought tampons every week!! Totally not worth it."

Kittykitty84 January 16, 2017

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "Really happy with this pill. I had been on cerazette which caused 3 months of continual spotting. As soon as I switched to micronor it stopped and now I only get 2 days of light bleeding a month, with no adverse side-effects. :)"

Bexy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2017

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I am a 35 female, no kids. I wanted to pursue birth control as my periods were debilitating and I bleed very heavy. I have a very sensitive body. I wanted to feel normal in the sense, that I have been getting my period since age 10. And after all these years did not want to deal with stressing about how my body would react from my period. My body actually has gotten more sensitive this year. I thought I was seeing doc but ended up seeing midwife. Was prescribed jolivette. Took at night and was nauseated, lightheaded, and blurry mind. Next day cramps and felt like i was having a period/ bleeding feeling without bleeding. In the evening felt off/ unsteady like going to faint. Don't think is norm. Will not take again. How long to leave my system?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I was put on micronor 4 months ago because I had headache with previous pills. I am about ready to stop this also last month I had break through spotting for 2 1/2 weeks. This month 4 days prior to the end of the pack I developed abdominal cramps I mean really bad and a lot of breast tenderness now I've been bleeding very heavy with terrible cramps for 3 days . This is the worst!!! Confused"

Miss 75th st January 12, 2017

Jolivette (norethindrone): "I have suffered from PMDD which is basically extreme PMS with really bad mood swings. I would tend to be antisocial and irritable half the month. On Jolivette my mood is much more stable and I feel like myself instead of feeling out of control of my emotions. Shorter periods very light. Other pills with estrogen effect my moods negatively. This works great."

Flotter (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Sharobel (norethindrone): "After 5 years of the Mirena IUD, it got lodged in my uterus and required surgical removal. I was going to get another one until that happened. I was then on the depo shot and gained a ton of weight. Since I was a smoker and over 30, my doctor didn't want me taking anything with estrogen, so she put me on Sharobel. I noticed that my boobs felt HUGE and super sore for the first week, and also my chin and back broke out for the first few weeks. The only other gripe I have with this pill is that it has to be taken the same exact time every day. I'm busy, forgetful, and my schedule is all over the place. Might be going back to the shot soon just because of that. Upsides: less risk of blood clots and No period to speak of (yay!)"

fidddish January 11, 2017

"I've been taking this birth control pill since June, it is now January. I had pretty bad migraines the first month but decided to stick with it. The migraines went away after the first month. My periods before taking this pill lasted 9 days! It was hell. This pill has now reduced my period to only 4-5 days, which is awesome! I'm so happy about that. However, I have a lot of spotting with this pill and it drives me insane."

Happygirl123 January 11, 2017

Lyza (norethindrone): "If you want to bleed constantly, heavily, and unexpectedly, this is a great pill for you! You also get the bonus of horrible bloating, quick and noticeable weight gain ( I gained 15 pounds in 2 months, and I have an excellent diet). I can't have sex with my boyfriend because I am ALWAYS bleeding. So I feel low self esteem because I can't be intimate with the man I love, which makes me feel insanely sexually frustrated. This is a horrible birth control option. I took it at exactly 12 noon every day and never missed. I had a total mental breakdown this morning because I realized I have been bleeding for about a month and a half and I am fatter than I have ever been in my life."

Gloria8888 January 4, 2017

Jolivette (norethindrone): "So I started this BC due to painful periods/irregular periods. I had tried a combo pill called low low estrogen and it just gave me terrible side effects. Jolivette seriously helped me out. I rarely get periods, unless I'm super stressed out, no mood swings and no pregnancy (though that didn't become a concern until last year). I've been taking it for four years now and would highly recommend this. Saved me a lot of hospital visits and made my life easier."

m.queen (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

"The worst generic brand. I took Micronor and switched to generic for insurance purposes. Back pain, bleeding never ends..I am getting the Micronor back this norethindrone is not for me."

Abby75 December 30, 2016

"I've been on Lyza for 6 months. Experienced severe constipation and bloating before realizing this pill is the culprit. Been off pill now for two weeks and everything has returned to normal. Not worth the side effects."

Michelle r28 December 28, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I have been on this pill for about 5 months now. I still have a period even though you aren't supposed to get one with this pill. My periods used to be 3-4 days but now they're a long 7-8 days. My periods were regular but now they are irregular. But as for birth control, this works pretty well. I take it every day at the same time and have never missed a pill. I do feel nauseated when I take it without a meal. I've always had hormonal acne but it has not made it any worse. The only con to this pill is that you feel bloated all the time. I've had unprotected sex and protected sex with this pill and have had no babies."

kdd17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Errin (norethindrone): "When I first started this BC I liked it...first month no bleeding missed my period totally and my nipples hurt so bad I thought I was pregnant but then a week into the second month my period showed up. I lost weight that I gained on previous birth controls so I liked that about this pill but now I've been on it for 6 months and I've noticed the past 2 months I've had little To no sex drive and it makes discharge REALLY thick I don't like that , also it's making it so it's nearly impossible to orgasm all of a sudden and I'm getting acne.I'm not super happy with this BC and I'm going to switch but I am glad it worked well for 4-6 months considering how sensitive I am to BC pills."

Anonymous December 27, 2016

"Right now this would be my second month in this and I am experience nausea like I have to throw up has anyone else had this ?"

Brianna09 December 22, 2016

"I have a different, but good experience with Norabe. I used to be on Mirena and had great results with my cycle, moods, energy, sex drive, but the side effects were so bad I had to get it removed (constantly felt it poking, constipation, motion sickness), so after spending 5 years with hormonal imbalance after getting it removed (bad PMS, fatigue, low libido, no energy), I finally went into the doctor and told her I wanted to be on the same hormone, without the IUD. I can't be on estrogen. I go nuts. I've been on this for 2 months and of course all doctors recommend 3 months, and I will wait! Now my libido is going strong, my energy levels are up, and I really feel great. My PMS is not as bad, either. Hormonally, it's working!"

Laurnorabe (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone): "I just started taking this BC 3 weeks ago. (First time being on birth control) my period came a week ago and I'm still spotting. My cycle usually lasts for 5-6 days and it has always been irregular. But I'm not liking that my cycle length has increased. Other than that I've only had minor headaches compared to my usually intense headaches so that's a plus. And I get nausea once in a while, no vomiting though. I've decided to wait 2 more months to see if my symptoms or side effects change for the better.."

Phyllis102 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

"I hate this pill. It's made me moody, I've gained 20 pounds, I constantly feel like I'm furious with everyone, it's given me consistent headaches and my doctor told me to at least give it a try for 3 months. It's been 4 months and I have found nothing but problems with this pill. I feel like one minute I'm horribly depressed and the next I want to choke someone. I won't be going back to that doctor. At this point I wish they'd just rip out my ovaries before I do it myself because this birth control is the absolute worst I've ever been on in the last ten years."

Chronix December 18, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I have been on the mini pill for a couple of years now, and while I don't like it as much as I liked my previous BC, it is the appropriate method for me right now. Because I have migraines, my doctor did not want me on a combined pill due to increased risk of stroke. I will eventually switch to the copper IUD when I have a job where I can handle the heavy periods it MAY cause. For now, I am not prepared to deal with heavy periods due to my job description and hours so I will stick with the mini pill since my periods are pretty short and light (albeit unpredictable). My worst side effect is breakthrough bleeding or surprise periods, usually from being late for a pill. Compared to previous combination BCP, I have had fewer side effects."

Stanna December 16, 2016

Errin (norethindrone): "The first time I was on this (before baby #2) it was effective for almost a year then decided to stop taking it after experiencing anxiety, chest pain, acne and I swear it made my BP go up. The symptoms disappeared within a few days. Fast forward to now I have been put back on this pill and after 2 months I am stopping it again for same previous symptoms. This pill is the worst. I would not recommend."

mom82711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): "I am on this medication as I get migraines with an aura...preferred something I had control over vs an IUD. No major issues- no acne no weight gain no pregnancy. Regular period. I have to take this pill at the same time everyday (more than 15 minutes off can cause period to come early or not at all). That is my biggest complaint however set an alarm on your phone to remind you and you should be fine. I notice my PMS symptoms are much worse since starting this pill (moody, nauseous, sore breasts and bloated 1 week before period). My cramps are worse on this pill than before however completely manageable."

TTJJ21 December 16, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone): "I have been in this mini pill about 2 months now. I must say it has really been a challenge for me. So week one I waited until my period was over to start the pack. 2 days later I started my period all over again. Which I was told. It's called breakthrough bleeding. So that went on for 3 more days. Started week 2 of my pack on Tuesday. I started all over again. 3 days bleeding. 3rd week same thing Famous Tuesday same thing. But I kept on taking the pill I was told my body has to get used to it. 4th week to my surprise no show Tuesday of that week. I was excited. Started the new pack .And Famous Tuesday all over again. This time I guess this was my regular period. And I have been on my period for over a week maybe I need something else."

JJ.branno (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

"I started taking this pill after I had my son and am currently on month 4 of taking it. As soon as I started taking it I began to have intense mood swings, and was constantly emotional. My poor hubby had to deal with a crazy me. The mood swings does down after about a month or so on the pill, but I have also had multiple periods a month, with only 7 days in between. This pill has been a nightmare! Since I have stopped breastfeeding, I am going to look into other options."

NewMama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

Sharobel (norethindrone): "I've had extreme hair loss. To the point of where I'm crying with this medicine, weight gain, and my face has broken out like it has never in my life. Over this and will never be taking again!"

Pissed postpartum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

Camila (norethindrone): "Started this medication due to breastfeeding. Worst birth control ever. My periods are EXTREMELY heavy and lasts forever , bloating out of this world and minor weight gain. After this pack, I'm done. Will never take this again."

Laporshia December 2, 2016

Errin (norethindrone): "I have only been on this pill for 3 weeks now, but wanted to insert my experience because it seems pretty different than some of the other reviewers. I had light spotting for about a week and a half four days into taking the pill, then it completely stopped. I didn't experience any other side effects until the next week: dizziness, lightheadedness, and something I can only describe as a "mental cloudiness." These effects would normally last 15 hours after taking the pill (I take it at 9PM). Nothing I do could help it--eating, drinking water, you name it. Feels kind of like I have morning sickness or something until 2PM, but I would like to add that that is not consistently every day. I take my pill at the same time every day."

anonymous87354 November 30, 2016