User Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Jolivette, Lyza, Sharobel, Deblitane, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Heather

Norethindrone Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Norethindrone

Kenny · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Camila (norethindrone): “Anxiety galore! I have an anxiety disorder but, my gyno believes it's "hormonal anxiety". Basically, around the time of my period I would have anxiety. I was given this Camila birth control pill, after countless trial and errors with other progesterone only birth control pills. This pill caused me 3 weeks of anxiety attacks.”

Red · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 28, 2020

Heather (norethindrone): “I was put on Heather tablet for my migraines with aura and to prevent pregnancy. I was on it for well over 6 months. It did help with the migraines and ovarian cyst, but here I am.....pregnant. And before anyone asks, no, I did NOT miss or skip a pill.”

baby # 3 on the way · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 23, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone): “Used this Jencycla birth control pill as an alternative to my old prescription while I was breastfeeding. I am now pregnant with my 3rd! a lot sooner than I was planning. I never missed a pill and always took on time, I drank one time during this cycle.”

Ani · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone): “I've been taking Jencycla for 6 weeks and oh my it is the worst thing ever. I have broken out in these little bumps all over my body and especially on my neck and they itch really bad and I haven't had a period, but according to the test I took I'm not pregnant. It makes me kind of nauseous and made my skin break out. I read online that this is just when you first start taking it. I can't do this anymore I am not going to wait around for it to stop doing this, I'm too itchy and miserable and I'm just going to stop taking it”

Lemur · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2020

Heather (norethindrone): “After the birth of my second child I went back to my pre-pregnancy weight within two weeks. I went for my six week post pregnancy follow up and my doctor put me on Heather. I immediately started having periods twice a month even while breastfeeding. Then the weight gain started, and hair loss. I have gained 25# in 3.5 months! I workout daily and eat healthy. My hair also falls out in handfuls every time I touch my head. I have also started to break out with acne. I was on the mini pill with my first child and it did not have these side effects. I will be discontinuing use of Heather immediately!”

Motherof3girls · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone): “I’ve been on this Jacycla pill for a year now. Chose this one because I wanted to breastfeed my newborn. This is the first time I use birth control so IDK how to compare to other pills but I honestly feel like this caused me postpartum depression. I feel on edge most days and really overall depression. I didn’t think it was the pill but upon doing more research I found that maybe it has been the pill messing with my overall mental health. I’ve gained tremendous amount of weight. I eat like I normally would over the years but I feel like after starting the pill weight just packed on easier. And yeah I also don’t feel motivation to do much around the house, I think that comes from the depression. I was waiting for a full year of using it to pass to really be able to see if I liked it. I haven’t gotten pregnant since on it. So that works fine, but at the cost of my mental health and physical lol”

av July 17, 2020

“I was prescribed this by my regular doctor, she's a very sweet lady but this stuff was awful. I've never been on birth control btw. I experienced spotting for a month, I've gained 20 pounds within the past 3-4 months (I'm very skinny this is definitely the birth controls fault), & increased my anxiety & depression, which I haven't had problems with for a year. I couldn't have sex in any position except missionary because it was too painful. The only thing it's "helped" with is not get me pregnant. Overall, awful experience with this, absolutely hated it. The weight gain has seriously ruined my self esteem and I can not tell you how awful sex is. Sex in the past never hurt for me, even my first time. I've always been very physical & loved sex. Now I have it every other day with my boyfriend (every 2-3 days), and the pain is unbearable. When it goes inside of me, it feels like it's scratching & I'm in pain for the rest of the night. -100000/10 would not recommend”

Dont Use It · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 25, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): “Micronor did prevent pregnancy but it messed up my hormones terribly. I always had regular periods that weren't painful. After taking Micronor they stopped completely. I was on Micronor for years and my doctor assured me this was normal. Once I decided to stop Micronor my period hasn't come back. It's been 2 years. If anyone is thinking they will want to have children in the future I do no recommend this birth control as it really messed my hormones up.”

Samantha · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone): “This tulana was my first time trying a progesterone only pill. My whole life I've been on the estrogen/progesterone combined pills. On the combination pills, I had horrible nausea and migraines. I struggled for years because I wanted birth control but could not function with optic migraines from the estrogen based pills. I started TULANA and HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL! These pills changed my life because I can now use birth control and feel like my normal self! Ive always hated birth control until now so I would for sure recommend this! The one downside is the timing of this pill is crucial for it to be effective. Also, you take a pill everyday even on your period because there are no sugar pills. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

Sharobel (norethindrone): “I started this 11 days ago. it started out good, but 4-5 days into it I started to get bad leg cramps. That was alarming so I stopped taking it 2 days ago. I'm switching to a new form of birth control. I'm not a fan of the pills. Definitely watch out for leg cramps, it's a warning that the pill could start to cause blood clots. I'm very happy that I stopped taking it. So far I'm feeling a lot better”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “Ok so weird experience. I switched to Errin after using lutera which made a benign lump in my breast grow. I decided not to mess with that and switched to progesterone only Errin. When I first started using it, every week I would get really sad and moody. I also was pretty nauseous around the same time every day and my boobs were really sore and bloated. Also it stopped my period for two months which was spooky. So after two months, I stopped using it for a month. This was also when my boyfriend and I got separated due to quarantine so there was no need. I started it again a month ago, since I was going to see my boyfriend again and absolutely no mood swings, no nausea, no painful breasts. I don’t know what happened but I’m thrilled! Also my breast lump hasn’t grown or changed at all so no scares there.”

Peach · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2020

Lyza (norethindrone): “I've been using this for 2 years and I have no issues. My period comes exactly in 28 days and I didn't experience much side effects IMO maybe only a decrease in libido but it may not be due to the bc. I've stopped having acne as well”

Ric · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 1, 2020

Camila (norethindrone): “I see a lot of people leave really bad reviews for this birth control pill Camila and while I know people react differently, I thought I’d share a positive experience. I went on Camila because I have a migraine disorder and can’t take combo pill. The only side effect I’ve noticed (I’ve been taking Camila for almost 2 years) is occasional spotting and a slightly longer period, which are common side effects. Besides that, my period is regular and I don’t didn’t gain weight or experience any other negative side effect.”

Codafitness · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

Heather (norethindrone): “I was on Heather for three months. I’m a 38 year old female and 135lbs who gets migraines periodically (2-3/per month). Heather was suggested due to migraine history. During those three months, I experienced unpleasant side effects. I gained a little weight, had great difficulty losing it even though I’m quite active and was exercising 4x a week. I started to breakout about 1 month in, I experienced some form of cystic and painful acne. The acne showed up on my jawline, face and the back of my neck. Tiny rash like bumps stayed on my neck and never went away for the 3 months I was on it. My experience was terrible on this pill. I switched to Viorele, a combination pill with a very low dose of estrogen and within a week, my acne has showed signs of clearing up and the rash on my neck is disappearing. I have naturally oily skin and was cleaning my face and neck 2-3 times a day, but I continued to get cystic acne when on Heather. Switching off mini-pill was the best decision.”

Stacy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone): “First time trying birth control and it was terrible! I stopped after two months because of terrible acne and weight gain. The first couple weeks I had a few headaches and woke up nauseous but it went away. The only upside was regulated periods.”

Star May 24, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone): “I stopped taking the depo shot due to the negative effects on my mood, weight gain, and sexual appetite. I was not on any birth control for about a year and then decided to try Nora Be. I’ve been on it for about 3 months now and out of the entire 12 weeks, I’ve been bleeding for about 9 weeks. It is terrible. Not just a little spotting. No. BLEEDING. I’ve also had BV (bacterial vaginosis) which I’ve never had before. I also gained about 10 pounds in 3 month which is scary. I am done with this pill. The only positive thing I have to say about it is that my acne has cleared since being ok this pill. However I also started taking a probiotic for the BV so that may have been what helped the acne too.”

Honey May 23, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “Errin is the best pill I have taken in the last 3 years! (22y/o) Started taking it after the birth of my 2nd child because Sprintec sent my mood in a major depressive tailspin 7mo after my first child. This is important, because the break in birth control due to the major mood swings on the combined pill was how I got pregnant with #2 earlier than desired. Errin is my first progestin-only pill ("mini-pill") and has had no effect on breastfeeding, no spotting or breakthrough bleeding, just some dry skin and minor acne. I feel totally comfortable taking it for the next few years and if you can manage your skin regularly, 10/10 recommend asking your GP. My friends and husband like my better on this pill because I am more myself PLUS protected from unplanned pregnancy. Double win!”

Ikz May 19, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “I switched from the patch to "Errin" in mid February by my doctor as she was worried its was affecting my blood pressure as it was too high. I've been on it for 3 months and have and inconsistent periods. 1 being a week and a half long, spotting a few days after I had just had it, not getting a period at all the following month and now receiving a very light period (possibly spotting) for 5 days already. During these 3 months I have gained 10 pounds although I have not changed my healthy eating habits and actually added a few workouts during the week. I have noticed I'm moody or depressed throughout the day at work & at home a couple of times a week. Nice that my blood pressure has been normal, although I'm taking blood pressure medication as well. I'm currently switching to the patch again once I finish this pack since I'm not happy with the outcome. Hope this helps to whoever is seeking insight who has high blood pressure and considering taking Errin.”

Lele · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “I started Errin at the suggestion of my OBGYN...but after a month and a half, in which I developed a rash near my mouth and hadn't had a menstruation, I stopped taking it. Not having a menstrual freaks me out. I'm not a 28 day cycle person, but I do have a menstrual once a month. Not having one, alarmed me (my youngest is 8 months) because we're not trying to have any more children. I've taken a pregnancy test, and it came back negative...but here I am, a month since my last pill, and still no menstruation. My doctor had prescribed me a different mini pill that I was supposed to start after the Errin pack ran out, but I haven't started because I'm waiting on my menstruation I don't like the lack of a period or the rash (which went away after I stopped taking Errin). Those were the only 2 side effects I had from this pill.”

Skat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone): “Used this for birth control. I had a TIA at a young age, so my Doctors prescribed this pill as I can't have the others. I had no issues with it. Maybe loss of appetite, but not a bad thing as I enjoy too much junk food. So overall, this pill helped with obviously birth control, no weird symptoms. Maybe a moment of dizziness, but nothing scary. Plus side, helped me chill out on junk food!”

phoebe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “I had my IUD removed due to weight gain (lost 10 pounds of water weight in 2 weeks after removal) and a month later started Errin in hopes that it would be a better fit... but I have gained weight again and feel pregnant all of the time, it's a serious bummer. Errin really helped with my anxiety though and my skin is quite clear compared to how it was before. I would recommend trying it and just being aware of your symptoms if there are any. Unfortunately I'm coming off of it starting today to lose this water weight again, uggghhhhh”

AC May 1, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): “I have tried every type of birth control, from implants to IUDS to rings to 5 different types of combined BCPs, but Ortho Micronor is my favorite. I take generic micronor and it has the least amount of side effects of any hormonal birth control method I have ever used. It’s the only pill that doesn’t cause me mood swings. I have not had any notable extra acne, no facial hair, no weight gain. All other combined pills made me emotional, weepy, agitated and irritable. I have PMDD and Yaz actually made it worse. I will take Norethindrone for as long as I can. It’s been the best yet for me. I know every body is different, but I wish I tried this sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of painful and emotional trial and error.”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “I haven’t really had any side effect symptoms from Errin pill except my period dates being a bit skewed. No crazy bleeding or spotting and my boyfriend has probably came inside of me like 100 times since I started taking it 3 months ago and I’m not pregnant haha. Best!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2020

Camila (norethindrone): “I’ve been on this pill since January (4months) and still haven’t had a period. I am not sexually active which not having a period is kinda great for me at the moment but not for later on. I’m 18 and in college and I have bad migraines all the time so I had to switch from Sprintec to Camila so I did not have estrogen so I could have injections for my migraines. I’ve been bloated and gain 10 lbs which I’m not happy about. I broke out on my face mostly forehead a lot when I used to have clear skin. I have mood swing usually sad.”

PCS April 29, 2020

Errin (norethindrone): “I was on the minipill (POP) before with no complaints. This time was not a good experience. I had migraines several x a week for the duration of time I took this pill (4+ mo). I cannot take the combo pill due to migraines but POP never caused headaches before. I also had extremity pain- unusual for me. Labs came back normal so I feel as if the pill caused or contributed to those pains. I never had a period at all. Other brands I did have a light one, however this may be an upside to someone else. I stopped taking this over 3 weeks ago and have not had any bleeding (not pregnant) or spotting. In the past that came back within one week so I’m not sure if that is normal or not but seems like others have a similar issue. I also felt extremely moody and even sad while taking this, which again is extremely abnormal for me. For me this was a failure and I would not take it again. Each person will have a different experience so it’s good to read up and do research for yourself.”