User Reviews for Norethindrone (Page 3)

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Amenorrhea 6.8
Endometriosis 5.6
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,111 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

clo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I wanted to use this pill Heather to try and minimize my period, all it did was make me feel extremely nauseated and couldn't poop ever to where my stomach was cramping. It gave me the most awful acne I’ve ever had, and it took my period completely away, which wasn’t what I wanted. ebing sexually active and not having a period is really awful for not knowing if you could be pregnant or not”

AC May 1, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have tried every type of birth control, from implants to IUDS to rings to 5 different types of combined BCPs, but Ortho Micronor is my favorite. I take generic micronor and it has the least amount of side effects of any hormonal birth control method I have ever used. It’s the only pill that doesn’t cause me mood swings. I have not had any notable extra acne, no facial hair, no weight gain. All other combined pills made me emotional, weepy, agitated and irritable. I have PMDD and Yaz actually made it worse. I will take Norethindrone for as long as I can. It’s been the best yet for me. I know every body is different, but I wish I tried this sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of painful and emotional trial and error.”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I haven’t really had any side effect symptoms from Errin pill except my period dates being a bit skewed. No crazy bleeding or spotting and my boyfriend has probably came inside of me like 100 times since I started taking it 3 months ago and I’m not pregnant haha. Best!”

Tish April 30, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have uterine fibroids & I'm anemic. I elected to have the Myomectomy, however all surgeries were cancelled because of the COVID19 Pandemic. In order to stop the bleeding & keep my blood levels up, I was prescribed Norethindrone to stop my cycles altogether. The first 3 weeks or so, I didn't have any bleeding. However, at one month I began experiencing severe acne at 42yrs old! The same week I noticed bleeding & then more frequent break-through bleeding while at work & when I woke up. I called to tell my Gynecologist about these incidents & the dosage was increased to 1 in the am & 1 in the pm...the bleeding never stopped. 3 packages of Overnight Superpads & 1 box Super tampons later...I began having excruciating contraction-like cramps. I couldn't even stand up straight. I've gained 15lbs & within 2 months & all of this....I'm not going to take this medication. I'll take my iron pills & hope for the best with my cycles. But nothing should feel like this.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on this pill since January (4months) and still haven’t had a period. I am not sexually active which not having a period is kinda great for me at the moment but not for later on. I’m 18 and in college and I have bad migraines all the time so I had to switch from Sprintec to Camila so I did not have estrogen so I could have injections for my migraines. I’ve been bloated and gain 10 lbs which I’m not happy about. I broke out on my face mostly forehead a lot when I used to have clear skin. I have mood swing usually sad.”

PCS April 29, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was on the minipill (POP) before with no complaints. This time was not a good experience. I had migraines several x a week for the duration of time I took this pill (4+ mo). I cannot take the combo pill due to migraines but POP never caused headaches before. I also had extremity pain- unusual for me. Labs came back normal so I feel as if the pill caused or contributed to those pains. I never had a period at all. Other brands I did have a light one, however this may be an upside to someone else. I stopped taking this over 3 weeks ago and have not had any bleeding (not pregnant) or spotting. In the past that came back within one week so I’m not sure if that is normal or not but seems like others have a similar issue. I also felt extremely moody and even sad while taking this, which again is extremely abnormal for me. For me this was a failure and I would not take it again. Each person will have a different experience so it’s good to read up and do research for yourself.”

Didnt Work · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I tried to take Camia for three months in order to stop very painful periods with heavy bleeding. I had one normal period, and then I had a period EVERY OTHER WEEK for two months. The severity of my periods had not changed at all, so I was essentially bedridden every other week with bad cramps and heavy bleeding. I was too exhausted to do anything on the 'off' weeks. I hoped this birth control would work for me because I can't take estrogen birth control in case it would raise my intracranial pressure. In fact I do think that taking Camila still raised my pressure anyways, but not a significant amount. It also may have been exacerbating the ovarian cysts and polyp that I have, which are probably causing my painful periods in the first place! Ultimately the risk of side effects on top of the excessive bleeding was not worth it and I stopped taking this medication.”

Asattar · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have had a pretty positive experience on this pill. I have been on Nora-be for about 5 months, and I have had regular periods, lasting exactly my usual 26 days, except for the most recent month where my cycle lasted 40 days (period length has still been 4-5 days). My mood feels more stable on this pill than not, and I felt stabilized after the first month. I have gained 8lbs since being on this pill, but it feels like this pill just increased my cravings for bad food, not necessarily forcing my weight gain. For the first 2 months, my acne was really bad. I’m on a prescribed acne cream and it took my skin 4 months to clear back up, but everything is fine and adjusted. The UTI’s are the biggest hassle. I had never had a UTI before this pill and I’ve had one almost every month since.”

Bec · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “So far it has been ok. A lot of spotting and minor headaches. Less acne and no hair loss. I used to have very heavy periods every 20 days. I am on Errin and the first month I spotted everyday I did this on combo pills too. Now I have a period and then spot a few days. The days I spot are also from taking it an hour late. I'm on my third month now and I am hoping it regulates everything. I noticed my face looks less haggard and I am 43.”

Hope · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Errin for about 5 months now and I love it! The first month I had a normal 5 day long period with no issues and I haven’t had a period since then. I don’t get any spotting if I don’t take it on time and no breakouts. I love the smaller amount of hormones too. Totally recommend”

Cassie · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “So my provider put me on this birth control 2 months after I had my son. After about 4 days of starting the pill I have had heavy bleeding and severe cramps. It is now day 8 and my symptoms aren’t any better. I honestly am just upset my doctor didn’t warn me about the heavy irregular bleedings that this pill will cause, normally I have very light periods.”

Migraine Free · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2020

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Started this pill Norlyda for birth control 4 months ago. Overall very happy because I had been having regular aura migraines with my old bc (Junel, a combo pill) and I haven’t had a single one since I switched. Periods are definitely a little heavier than on Junel but not awful. Last two months I had two periods a month (for 4 days at a time). No acne or other side effects though! Worth a try, and definitely a good option if estrogen pills trigger migraines!! Have to take exactly on time for it to be effective so if you’re bad with that, use back-up.”

Raye April 20, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been on these pills for 4 months now and I decided last night that I'm never taking another one. I have had a period twice a month since I began. The first two months I ignored it thinking my body just needed time to get used to it. I have cramping, I bleed heavy for the first 3-4 days then have mild/regular bleeding for 4 full days after. It doesn't start getting light until about the 8th day... to have a period twice a month that lasts over a week is appalling and the manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves. The only reason I started these pills is because I had just stopped nursing my toddler and wanted a low dose birth control option. I'm giving them one star because the one good thing about this pill is that I haven't gotten pregnant even after having unprotected sex on a regular basis with my boyfriend. I am going to meet with my doctor asap and change my script. My advice to anyone thinking about starting this pill... DON'T. Don't waste your time, money, or health.”

Ti · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I had relatively painless and regular periods prior to taking this birth control Jencycla, Since taking Jencycla, I have not experienced any apparent side effects.”

Callie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 16, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Nora-Be for about 10 months now and I’ve had a decent experience. I get some breakthrough bleeding every once in awhile. The side effect that is causing me to quit this pill is an increase in UTI’s. Ever since I’ve started this pill I’ve gotten a UTI every month without fail! So frustrating! I read somewhere that it thins the vaginal/urethral lining and makes it more susceptible to infections like yeast, bv and UTI’s. UGH!”

Tglenn · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking Errin birth control close to the end of February of this year I only took it for about a month and a half decided I didn’t want to take it it anymore but while I was on it I spotted for almost a week up in March I stopped taking it the 13th of March and haven’t had a cycle since . Is this normal I’m thinking it is because I did spot for a week but I haven’t had a cycle yet .”

Nena · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Starting using Tulana 4 months ago and I love it best birth control ever . No side effects and my period stopped !!!”

Kolie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I took this birth control because I have a history of blood clots. At first I used the nexplanon implant and that made me me break out and gain weight. Jencycla was prescribed to me a month ago and it is the worst BC I have ever been on. I am 33 and felt like I was going through menopause, it has given me the worst headaches, sore breasts and I super moody. I found myself more irritable and anxious while taking it. I have been on BC since I was 12 (for acne at first) so I have tried quite a few since then, and I cannot believe how bad this one affected me.”

Arie · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started using Errin about a month ago and it’s been the worst! I’ve gained so much weight , spotting and my discharge started having a weird smell while taking Errin. Literally after I take my medicine , I get so hungry . Don't really recommend.”

jess · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 4, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I went on Camila about 3 years ago after getting migraines from combination pills. This has been the best pill for me. I haven't had my period in about 3 years. Once every couple of months I will spot, but nothing big at all. No side effects and I'm so happy I don't have to PMS anymore or buy tampons. One concern is the chance of pregnancy but I haven't had any close calls yet. lol”

D · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've had 8-9 periods over an 11 week span while on Errin. Horrible. Stop bleeding for a few days only to get it again. Terrible mood swings. Depression. I can not wait to go back to my other birth control after this pack is finished next week.”

J Bird · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 3, 2020

For Endometriosis: “Been on 5 mg once a day now for six months. Taking for endo pain. New doc put me on this higher dose as a last resort and it’s now working well. Initially had bloating, moodiness, some insomnia and mild cramps. Periods stopped after 3 mo. Have had spotting for long periods of time but recently stopped. I also had some migraines with aura about four times a week but it completely has stopped and they never caused pain which my doctor monitored. .I’m 50, but of late I have like hot flashes a lot Used to get maybe a few a week at night which caused insomnia. But of late, I get this wave of heat coming over me..all times of the day. With the Covid thing, I take my temps twice a day but nothing. I almost feel like I’m fighting a bug but no other symptoms. Overall I would take it again as it’s completely changed my quality of life for the better. Anyone else having hot flashes? lol”

Tinker24 April 2, 2020

For Endometriosis: “My obgyn started me on norethindrone following laparoscopic surgery to remove a 9cm endometrioma from my right ovary and a 5cm one from my left ovary. During the procedure I was also diagnosed with Stage 3/4 endometriosis. I do not want to have a full hysterectomy as I am only 34 years old. I also did not want to do Lupron shots or take Orlissa. Since being on the mini pill birth control my moods have changed for the better, I am less irritable and my anxiety/panic attacks aren’t soaring through the roof as much either. My first period on this medication was a life saver. I wasn’t reaching for the ibuprofen or acetaminophen like I normally would without being on anything. My period lasted 4 days (usually lasts 7 days). It has helped me become regular with bowel movements and I’m less bloated. I also don’t feel as fatigued and I have less migraines (when a migraine does come on it isn’t as bad as they usually are). I have no complaints thus far with this birth control.”

L · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Two months in, very pleased with micronor birth control pill. I have been searching for a method of birth control that doesn't eliminate my sex drive or make me moody, and this one is gold so far. (Have tried ring and patch) My period has changed, however - it comes every 2.5 weeks, as opposed to every 4. So periods happen twice as often but are half as heavy. It's worth it to me, period is still regular and predictable, my mood feels as stable as it was when I was not taking anything, and my sex drive is the same too! My partner and I are very fertile (2 abortions) and so far no preggos.”

Blasia · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 27, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I’m 35, and I was put on this medication 15 months ago for severe heavy bleeding. And when I say severe, I was bleeding through maximum strength depends, and tampons would fall out of me when I sat on the toilet. It resulted in me having to go to the ER. I was prescribed Norethindrone, and it stopped my bleeding entirely in 4 days. And I haven’t had a period since, not even spotting. A couple of months ago, my heart started to flutter real bad, and it was concluded it was due to insomnia. My blood pressure also went up, and would NOT GO DOWN. I had to start taking Lisinopril, with Amlodipine. Then, my skin started to get dark on my cheeks, hyperpigmentation. I spoke with my doctor today, and I expressed I would like to get off the meds and give my body a break, and she agreed. I’m starting to cramp a lot, as well. Hopefully I don’t start bleeding heavily again, but, I’m starting to feel the BC is doing a little more harm than good.”