User Reviews for Norethindrone (Page 5)

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Amenorrhea 6.8
Endometriosis 5.6
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,113 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Jules February 11, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I'm 22. I’m currently on my second pack of Micronor. I was originally on the combined pill, for awful/irregular periods but I hated the depression and body image issues it would give me. I'd gain 5-8 pounds despite the fact that I work out 3 days a week. I could see it in my belly, thighs, hips and breasts. So I got off it. But then I became sexually active. So I started this mini pill hoping it would be better. It’s been GREAT so far!! My weight has stayed constant, my libido has been great, and it’s been GREAT for birth control (we don’t use condoms either, BUT I take my pills on time. I only missed a pill once, but I took it 10 hours later and I didn’t have sex again for 9 days). No complaints besides occasionally feeling a bit down and being A LITTLE drier down there during sex. My cycles are normally long, and this pill hasn’t changed that. I still get my periods late, which is fine. I’m hoping this pill eliminates my periods all together like it did for some.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

Aygestin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: “The doctor placed me on this when I came off the birth control patch and had magnified symptoms such as excruciating cramps and extended bleeding. While these were both suppressed by the norethindrone, this medicine brought on a whole host of new side effects: hot flashes, night sweats, oily skin and hair, acne, water retention, breast tenderness, and - holy heck - the MOOD SWINGS! I feel like I'm yelling at everyone! I have PMDD and this medicine has made it 10x worse where I cannot stand to be around anyone and vice versa. I decided to tell my doctor about it this week and he wanted to give me the Minivelle Dot to see if that would help, but I felt even worse after wearing it for 5 hours. I decided to go back on Xulane because at least that controls all the symptoms even if I do have spotting for most of the month. I'd rather deal with that than feeling like this!”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started taking Jencycla 2 weeks ago and I've had no ill side effects that others experienced. I did not start when I was suppose to, such as on the first day of my period and I am now having a very heavy period. It's a bit concerning because I thought my period was going to come on the last week of the pill packet. No big deal, as long as I'm not pregnant. I have not taken birth control my whole life. I'm now 43 and have two lovely boys. I decided to take this birth control as it is suppose to have less side effects. Im so glad my doctor suggested Jencycla.”

AC February 6, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started taking this back in July 2019 I had been taking the combination pill form for 6 years and they switched me to this because I have Factor 5(a clotting disorder). I liked it at first no complaints but now I’m having periods every two weeks and then they stopped. And I got a cold a few days ago and woke up today to heavy bleeding. I’m not sure what to do because I was under the impression I wouldn’t have a period, maybe just some spotting but not heavy like this. I feel awful it has completely drained me.”

And February 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “Was on this for a year and half. I loved it but was causing chronic yeast infection”

Kkbk0823 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 4, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “This birth control Jencycla is the only kind that has helped with my acne. If the pharmacy fills it with any other generic version I break out again. I’ve been told they are no longer making it though. Is that correct?!?! Help!!!!”

citydreams97 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve tried two other forms of birth control before this one, the IUD caused insane mood swings, and Chateal made me insane and caused very high blood pressure. That is when I switched to Tulana, this by far has been the easiest birth control for me, no major side effects that I have noticed and if you take it as you are supposed to. NO PERIODS EITHER, the only time I’ve ever gotten a period from this is when I slack on taking them on time or if I miss a day or so, then I get a light period for about 4 days, other than that my experience with this has been a very easy ride!”

Jennie · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Hi. I’m reaching out because I’ve been experiencing a really weird side effect symptom when taking progesterone-only BC. Overall, side effects have been minimal... light cramping, nausea and headaches, but nothing I can’t handle. The issue is insomnia. I had the same problem when I tried a hormonal IUD. I don’t know why, and I can’t find any literature on the issue, but it seems an increase in progesterone blocks my ability to fall and stay asleep. I was taking different sleep meds to try to help, but after about a week and half, I had to go off of the Micronor. I just can’t function without adequate sleep. It’s very frustrating because otherwise, this pill would work. Has anyone else had this issue? Does it go away ?”

Miserable · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Combo birth control pills just made me ever so up and down. Mood swings like crazy. Thought norethindrone would be better and help with my PCOS. Boy was I wrong. 2 days in I started bleeding. Lasted 10 days. Then caused my PCOS to flair and had cysts everywhere. A week later I started HEAVY bleeding again. Its been 4 weeks with no stop in sight. My breast feel like needles are jammed into them and I am just miserable. Avoid!!”

MLM January 28, 2020

“I took 5 mg of Norethindrone once a day for ten days to delay my period during the week of my wedding. I took the Norethindrone a month in advance, as I heard that it causes breakouts. Here’s the thing: it did what I wanted it to do. I got my November period immediately after stopping the Norethindrone, which I was surprised was significantly lighter than normal. I got my next period a month (and a few days) later. I did not, however, enjoy taking the Norethindrone. After about a week of taking it, it gave me headaches every day. My skin broke out terribly. I didn’t feel myself. I was relieved to stop taking it. I’d do it all over again since the Norethindrone ensured that I didn’t get my period on my wedding day. It would take a significant event for me to want to take it again, however. I recommend it only if you absolutely need to delay your period.”

Abanana January 27, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Don't let reviews scare you, everyone's body will react differently to different types of BC, that's why there are SO many types. I have been using Micronor for 7 years. The first few months, I had the regular side effects your body has when adjusting to the hormone changes (Cramps, bleeding, bloating, tender breasts, etc). After 3-6 months, my body was mostly back to normal. You need to take the pill at the same time everyday. If you don't take your pill on time, breakthrough bleeding could happen. This pill is NOT for you if you cannot keep a consistent schedule when it comes to taking your BC. Irregular bleeding and inconsistent periods WILL most likely happen. Personally, it made my periods better since my cramps before would cause me extreme agony. Coming down to sex, I have used condoms, pull out, or full unprotected sex and no pregnancy. The pill is 91% effective, not 100%, so don't be upset if you get pregnant. Having sex always opens the chance of pregnancy.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “This pill Camila is AWFUL!!! I’ve been off & on it a few times unsure whether it was the pill or just me. Nope it was the pill. If you enjoy crying nonstop for no reason, extreme anxiety & depression, unable to get out bed due to exhaustion, weight gain & anger issues this pill is right for you! If not, run. This pill completely changed who I was & I didn’t like it at all. I was no longer my motivated bubbly self but rather a very mean cry baby who slept ALL. THE. TIME. Not to mention the constant spotting & headaches. I couldn’t stand this pill anymore so I quit. Highly do not recommend.”

cberry · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

“I've been off birth control for about 2.5 years and recently went back on to try to help with ovarian cysts. Just a few days after starting I was bleeding a week early and started having bad bloating and breast pain that has never gone away. My next period started over a week early and lasted 6 days longer than normal. I had 6 days without bleeding and now I'm bleeding again. I've had pain the entire time, like the cyst pain only worse. I know the dr said to give it 3-6 months but these are going in the trash tonight. Just not worth it to me.”

T&M · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “My doctor put me on this pill for 2 months for my PCOS. I have had no complaints it's done good. I AM losing weight feeling myself again. I must say out of all the birth control pills this is a winner.”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started using Norethindrone .35mg (mini pill) as birth control since using the regular pill made me sick and the depo shot made me extremely moody. I have been on Norethindrone for 2 weeks now and have not experienced any mood swings, weight gain, issues with my period or anything. It has worked out so well, thank goodness. If you have tried tons of other forms of birth control and nothing’s worked ask your ob for the mini pill!”

Ele · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2020

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Loved it. No side affects and rarely got my period!”

C · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was put on birth control to attempt to control bleeding that was causing me to be anemic. The first 2 b/c kind I went on worked for me but effected my blood pressure so I was put into norethindrone and have used 2 different brands of it so far, and it automatically brought my period back to where it was before I tried birth control as well as caused them to be super painful. I've never had cramps that ibuprofen didn't help until I started this pill”

Georgia girl January 19, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was prescribed the pill after having frequent migraines with auras using my last birth control. Initially the pill was ok, I didn’t get frequent periods which was a plus, but my breast were always sore and I gained weight. Gradually the frequency of my periods began to increase. A year into taking the pill my period comes monthly lasting about 14 days, headaches are frequent, acne awful, I’m overweight, low sex drive and breast are always sore and I am an emotional wreck. Each month I say I’ll stop after I finish this pack..due to my blood pressure this is my last option for pills and I’m nervous about other birth control methods.”

KI · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I’ve been on this pill for 2 months now because I couldn’t take the combined pill anymore due to elevated blood pressure. I absolutely hate this pill and am switching to the implant next week. I am on my period all the time (like 3 weeks out of 4) and get terrible cramping constantly. I also get nauseous and feel like I am losing hair. For me this pill is just not working.”

Sabby · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “Used it for 5 weeks. Every day same time, but I'm about 2 weeks prego.. didn't work.”

Mel January 17, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking Errin over one year ago when my doctor recommended for me to get off the combination pill because of migraines my age, and high blood pressure. All I know is that since I’ve been on it I’ve gained 10 to 15 pounds, that I cannot lose. I work out I eat right more than I ever did before I don’t know if the pill is contributing to it. Also have mood swings I normally do not get my period but though last month I got one and it was pretty heavy I do get the breast tenderness so I’m not sure if I want to stay on it or not the weight gain is what’s really bothering me”

Khristie · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “This was the worst experience of my life . I went on this after having a baby and I bleed all the time . Even 6 weeks later I couldn't have sex bc the next day I would bleed. It caused me none stop breakthrough bleeding”

Ali January 14, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was using yasmin( witch was the worst thing ever ) then Erin and in the beginning it was amazing, more energy, my hair was stronger than ever, I lost a few pound that I gained from my previous birth control and everything was beautiful, and then I started having a period every two weeks, and I though that was going to be just until my body get used to now after 3 Months I still get my period every week or two weeks, and my skin is horrible, oily and dry at the same time , and I star having big issues with nausea , I don’t no what to do anymore, I think birth control is not for me ...”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “The first few days on Sharobel birth control I was constantly crying and depressed. This subsided a little bit when I switched to taking the pill before bed instead of in the morning. However, it has made my PMS symptoms worse and it has increased my appetite substantially. I’ve gained about 8 pounds of bloat and pounds. I’m most likely getting off this pill. I don’t feel like myself on it.”

Ce · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I get my birth control online and every year they send a new brand. Same ingredients but different brand. When I got Tulana I thought something was terribly wrong with me heath-wise. My periods were heavy, every two weeks I had one. I was miserable, scared and really didn’t think it could be this until 3 months into taking this. They sent me something else and immediately I was back to normal. I don’t m know what is wrong with this one but please avoid this.”