User Reviews for Norethindrone (Page 4)

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Amenorrhea 6.8
Endometriosis 5.6
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,113 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

L · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Two months in, very pleased with micronor birth control pill. I have been searching for a method of birth control that doesn't eliminate my sex drive or make me moody, and this one is gold so far. (Have tried ring and patch) My period has changed, however - it comes every 2.5 weeks, as opposed to every 4. So periods happen twice as often but are half as heavy. It's worth it to me, period is still regular and predictable, my mood feels as stable as it was when I was not taking anything, and my sex drive is the same too! My partner and I are very fertile (2 abortions) and so far no preggos.”

Blasia · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 27, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I’m 35, and I was put on this medication 15 months ago for severe heavy bleeding. And when I say severe, I was bleeding through maximum strength depends, and tampons would fall out of me when I sat on the toilet. It resulted in me having to go to the ER. I was prescribed Norethindrone, and it stopped my bleeding entirely in 4 days. And I haven’t had a period since, not even spotting. A couple of months ago, my heart started to flutter real bad, and it was concluded it was due to insomnia. My blood pressure also went up, and would NOT GO DOWN. I had to start taking Lisinopril, with Amlodipine. Then, my skin started to get dark on my cheeks, hyperpigmentation. I spoke with my doctor today, and I expressed I would like to get off the meds and give my body a break, and she agreed. I’m starting to cramp a lot, as well. Hopefully I don’t start bleeding heavily again, but, I’m starting to feel the BC is doing a little more harm than good.”

Rock · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I've been on almost every birth control other than depo and the IUD since I was 15. Now 29. I got off bc around the age of 25. I started noticing that I would spotting between periods. Nothing major. Just very light pink. I never spotted between periods before. I also started having pain during sex. Went to the doc. One of the best gynos she immediately said it was fibroids and maybe endo. She put me on 5mg norethindrone. I take a half a pill everyday. I had multiple large fibroids and a very large ovarian cyst. Had surgery in December to remove everything. Now I am great! Sex life is amazing, no emotional swings, no pain. Finally on a birth control that agreed with me. Considering my doc said I have to be on it until I am ready to have kids to keep the fibroids away. I suggest to you ladies to maybe try a lower dose bc. Its been amazing for me. Hope my experience helped someone.”

LB March 23, 2020

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Hands down, Sharobel has the WORST packaging in the entire history of the world, ever.”

dreamer1995 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on micronor for over a year now....and I am seriously thinking of stopping them. When I started taking them I had the common side effects until my body adjusted. About three months ago the side effects started up again and have become worse. For preventing a pregnancy, they work well but for mood swings and cramps it’s actually making them worse for me”

Suzy · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I had a D & C over a month ago. Still have bleeding & clots. I'm 50 & told it's all age related. Have been on Norethindrone for two weeks now & things seem worse. I'm at the end of my rope.”

Jus · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “So I’ve been on Errin for 4 months, I was on triprevifem prior but have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure at 26, so I was switched. Anyways, first month was spotty , second month I noticed if I didn’t take it the same EXACT time down to the minute I would spot. Third month was ok, still spotting here and there but didn’t have a full period. This fourth month has been ridiculous I have been spotting since the time I was supposed to get my period the last month. I’m calling tomorrow to switch back, I’m over this. One star for Errin.”

MLenore · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2020

For Endometriosis: “Have used it as Errin 4 months. Not sexually active but had an endometrioma removed about a year ago and was told this may help prevent it from happening again. The first month is pretty hard while my body adjusts to it. It makes me feel really tired and if I take it with just water and no food, I feel sick to my stomach. But after about the first 3-4 weeks I’m normal again. No mood swings or weight gain. 37 year old for the record.”

Keliz1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this medication for a little over a month. The first 4 days of being on this medication were horrible. I was experiencing severe mood swings and horrible depression and anxiety. I have never felt depressed, ever! I was scared because I felt completely unmotivated, like, I could not even pull myself out of bed. However, after a month, I only have mood swings and feel depressed if I take this pill late, like, even an hour late.”

Es · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “Hi all, Just wanted to share with you. I also had the week (or weeks) long period, spotting like crazy. I was about to give up at the third month because it was just so damn inconvenient, but stuck with it another month. At month 4.5, I stopped getting a period at all. If you have already been trialing this drug for a number of months, I recommend giving it a solid 5 months to regulate. For me, I’d rather be spotting than having crazy hormonal side effects like estrogen/ progesterone combo pills gave me. Give it time. If you are still spotting or bleeding a lot at the 5th month, then it may not be a good fit, but sometimes it takes longer than 3 months to regulate. Wishing all of you wonderful women the best ”

figaro123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Please keep in mind that everyone reacts differently to hormones and what I experienced may not be what you experience. I am writing this so the people that do experience these side effects do not feel like they are crazy. I started this birth control because I was no longer allowed to be on a combined pill. I took it for about four months and couldn’t take it anymore. My boobs hurt so bad I could barely put a bra on, my periods never regulated the way they were supposed to, I broke out like crazy and it made me so nauseous. every month I was taking a pregnancy test because all the symptoms I was experiencing were the same as if I was pregnant, the late or non existent period didn’t help either. I hope someone finds this useful.”

Sunny11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “First I'll say I was VERY worried about taking this after reading reviews. I'm on my second month into taking Errin and it's gone well so far. I have not taken any meds (before this) in over 15 years, I'm 31. But after getting married I needed birth control because we have enough fur children, and don't want human ones. I really haven't noticed any major side effects. I have had somewhat tender breasts, and I did break out my first week on this, but it may have been the stress of getting married, cleared up fine now. I don't notice any change in mood, weight, anxiety (I have had anxiety for a while). My period is normally 28 days on the dot, with very occasional one or two day differences. My period came 2 days early after taking this (I started the pill day 1 of my period). I do notice darker periods with more clots, but other than that it's about the same. Overall, I'm happy with this pill, especially after reading a lot of other reviews and felling so worried!”

Marina · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 7, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I got pregnant on this birth control Camila! I took it the way I was supposed to, same time each night, and ended up pregnant. When I went to a new gynecologist, she let me know that she’s had multiple patients get pregnant on this pill Camila and said that women taking it should be using another form of contraceptive with it. I wish I had known that earlier! On the bright side, I experienced no side effects.”

Lovely · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 4, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been on the Heather tablet for 6 years and have not had a problem with it working against pregnancy at 100%.”

Ash7 · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've only been on this medication for two days and already have severe itching on my feet, ankles and now wrist. I looked up the side effects and itching and rash were on the list. The first day I took the pill I saw a faint hint of pink after going to the bathroom. And I also started this pill after my cycle went off. I'm discontinuing this pill today because the itching is unbearable!”

Michellery450 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I only have two side effects, but those two happen to be extremely annoying - I bleed for two weeks at a time, and I'm irregular. Sometimes my cycle is over 30 days, sometimes it's only 15. Hoping these symptoms get better with time, because I can't live like this long term.”

Ne February 23, 2020

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “No periods since I been on this birth control no side effects”

Mama · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was on Jencycla for 3 months. Well let's just say I am expecting a son in July.”

VIic · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2020

For Birth Control: “Started using these about 6 months ago, because I got my IUD removed and I wanted to try something new. The pill gave me skin problems, small and very painful pimples on my back and face. Also I began to notice my mood was different. I felt down, and I started feeling numb. I had no idea, that this was a side effect - but now I know, so I feel like trying the copper IUD, without all the bad hormones.”

Angela · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking this after my daughter was born 7 years ago. I‘ve always had negative experiences from estrogen based contraception. I’ve had no symptoms whatsoever with Camila...other than it (or breastfeeding) caused me to miss periods. I quit it after my tubal, but recently started again due to recent abnormal cycles ”

Sam · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have factor 5 (an inherited disorder of blood clotting), so I couldn’t take a birth control with estrogen. This was my only choice for a pill form. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, I took it for just over a year and noticed a lot of changes with my mental health. I was constantly crying for no reason, having panic attacks, thinking irrational thoughts, and became extremely depressed. I know myself very well and I know what I was like before I started this pill and could tell I needed to get off of it. I ended up using natural family planning temp monitoring because it’s a completely natural birth control option. I’ve been off of Heather for about 2 months now and starting to feel like myself more and more.”

co February 16, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I switched to this Errin birth control pill from Yasmin because of migraines, and regret it completely. This pill is costing me a fortune in pads and tampons because my period now lasts three weeks. I thought it was because I had to get used to it but it’s been six months now. The issue is not floundering in dosage times. I’ve taken every pill at the same exact time for the past ten years. Everyone’s body is different so if you feel it’s right for you then good, enjoy it. If you’re having three week long periods, stop taking it.”

LM February 13, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was prescribed norethindrone for heavy bleeding. After 1 month, I had light spotting week after my period ended. A daily light pad was enough. Was told that was normal and my body was just adapting. When I started on my 6th month, my period oddly started 3 days early. Then, I had ANOTHER period the week after that one ended. That started as light spotting for 2 days, escalated to med/heavy for 2 days requiring tampon use, then back to light spotting for last 2 days. I’m on the 7th day of this period. My doctor confirmed irregular bleeding is a known possible side effect and is switching me to something else. Other negatives: painful cramps first 2 days of my periods that I never had before. Pros: reduced cramping I’d have when it wasn’t my period, and really reduced amount of bleeding during the period. Didn’t experience nausea or headaches from the pill. Your diagnosis may not be the same as mine, but my experience seems similar to others on here.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 12, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “PREGNANT. Yup. To be honest the pill seemed to work great for me. No weight gain that I noticed. No mood swings, crazy bleeding or pain. Nothing. But alas, it failed me. Took the pill every day. But still ended up with a bun in the oven.”

Danielle · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I was prescribed Norlutate in December 2019 for stage 4 colorectal endometriosis. For the first couple of weeks I experienced depression, crying, emotional instability, painful periods, and difficulty sleeping. My partner was able to convince me to give the medication time to work. I am very happy to say that by giving it time that the depression has subsided, I don't cry without reason, I am still moody but can feel it coming before I react to a situation unreasonably. I started meditating and stretching before bed which helps me be in a better state for sleeping. As for my diagnosis, its working - I no longer have bleeding rectally during menstruation and the constipation is gone. I am no longer in constant pain - but manageable pain. It kind of sucks having a bit of acne at age 31, and a small amount of weight gain, but its a small price to pay in order to have the quality of life back you desire.”