User Reviews for Norethindrone to treat Amenorrhea

Also known as: Camila, Aygestin, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Norlyda, Heather, Deblitane, Jencycla, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Incassia, Sharobel, Tulana, Lyleq, Norlyroc Lyza …show all brand names

Norethindrone has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Amenorrhea. 50% of those users who reviewed Norethindrone reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Norethindrone Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Amenorrhea.

Reviews for Norethindrone

bloop · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2021

“20 year old and wanted to delay my period. I took it 2 days before I was due and stopped taking it after 4 days. I started my period 4 days after I stopped taking the medication. I was very heavy the first few days, and had minor but kind of bad cramps. I’d say although the medication worked, it really heightened my anxiety and my pms was a lot worse. I think ruining my cycle obviously had bad effects on my pms - I was truly terrible for 4 days and am slightly better now, but would recommend thinking twice before taking it if your pms is bad and if you tend to overthinking and have anxiety already .. and if you only want to delay it for a few days - maybe having your period is the better option lol”

Kate Nance · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

Heather (norethindrone): “Biggest side effects starting on this Heather pill were terrible headaches, fatigue, acne. Decided the side effects were not worth the benefit. Decided to try some natural remedies instead.”

lilian December 22, 2019

“I have been on this pill for about 6 days now. I have heavy period with cramps to the point where I have had to go to the hospital. I am going on a vacation tomorrow so I decided to take them. This is what I will say You might have the SMALLEST amount of blood but it is extremely not noticeable. You may bloat but honestly I did not bloat at all They say that water retention will happen. I drink a litre of water a day and I did not see that. I have PMD and I have never felt this normal when my period is meant to be around the corner or starting. I did not get acne Ask about the concerns with your doctor.”

Kate Manson July 16, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): “I have never reacted well to hormonal medication. Even on Mirena, I had serious reactions. I expected horrible things from Micronor. I was wrong. After 3 weeks of headaches and sore breasts, I felt better than normal. My skin has cleared up, I've lost 10lbs, gained a cup size, and my libido has increased. Most importantly, my periods have become regular, lowering my cancer risks. While I wish it didn't function as birth control, it's an acceptable side effect for me right now, as there are no medications for this that aren't birth control!”

Anonymous August 13, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone): “I have been on Micronor for 3 years. I have migraines with aura so this was the only birth control possible for me at the time. I was 16 when I first started the pill and got very light spotting at first, then everything disappeared. I didn't get my period for 2 years, no PMS, no spotting, no nothing. I didn't gain any weight, no acne, no headache. It was bliss for 2 years, then anxiety came by. I had nausea all the time and I didn't want to eat, so I lost 15 pounds in one summer (I was 18, 5'9 and 125 pounds before). Then around November last year I started having my period again. Before the pill, I was regular and had little to no PMS, but now I had crazy nausea, headache, sore breasts and bloating for a week before I got my period. Plus, it lasted longer than before and hurt so much more. Now, I get my period every 4 to 5 days and they last 6 days. I will be switching to Kyleena (an IUD) soon. I'm giving this 9 on 10 because it gave me peace of mind for 2 years and I never got pregnant.”

AnoukG · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 4, 2014

“I was put on this because I got into a heated argument at where I worked at the time and went to my gyno right after and so my blood pressure was elevated. I told my doctor about what happened but to be safe she put me on this since it doesn't contain estrogen. I LOVED it. I didn't get my period for nearly 2 years. And then I don't know what happened, maybe I wasn't taking it at exactly the same time anymore (actually now that I think of it I wasn't). So my doctor put me on LoSeasonique but I don't want to get my period at all so I think I'm going to go back on this.”

kazshell2005 July 6, 2016

“i was prescribed this pill due to being over 40,i have been taking it around 6 months,ive had no unwanted side effects and have not had a period either,ive also lost just under 2 stone in weight which is weird as my twin sister was prescribed this pill around a year ago and has also lost alot of weight(about 3 st)”

Corporate Gal · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2018

Jolivette (norethindrone): “I previously had heavy periods for more than 10 days with heavy bleeding. This caused me to have iron infusions on a regular basis. I was losing my hair, had high blood pressure, insomnia, migraines and the list goes on..after only 2 months on Jolivette .35 my periods are what I think are normal. I've never had a normal period ever. I'm currently using panty liners with regular or light tampons. Prior to this only overnight pads and Super + tampons. All other symptoms have all gone away. Only minor cramping. Love this new pill. Let's see what the next few months brings.”

nickoli January 3, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone): “So let's just start with the fact I'm trans (FTM) and that I was on another medication right before this. Went to my doctor to switch medication to stop horrible mood swings, headaches, nausea etc, the Nora BE was prescribed started a period 15 days after my original December one. It's now day 7 of this period (mine used to be 3-5 days mind that) and its just rubbish. I was told it'd thin out my lining so then I don't have a period EVER again, but now I don't believe them and I'm gonna email my doctor about it because she said it WOULDN'T do what it's currently doing to me. She even said because it'd stop the periods, I'd stop feeling so much dysphoria around my gender...haha that's a lie.”

Angie · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2018

Nora-Be (norethindrone): “So I was on Nora-Be for 2 years I gained like 40 lbs no change I eating habits. It was supposed to replace my previous birth control pill Yaz which I think worked way better. After starting pill my periods became longer 7 days or more it was 3-5 days I also had almost constant spotting have to wear pad all the time. I recently stopped due to all these reasons my biggest reason I had crippling depression, anxiety, extreme fatigue, abdominal pain. Almost immediately after stopping the pill my depression and stomach pain went away. I now have the energy to work on loosing the weight. Do no recommend this Pill and has to be taken at the exact same time very inconvenient.”

Irosas0829 · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2016

“I was told to take norethindrone for 10 days... no biggie compared to some of you who have been on it for years!.... its officially been 9 days.... and I am so excited to be done!!! So I started taking these pills because I haven't had a period for more than a year... and my doc said this would jump start it. He said that the meds would give bloodflow to my uterine lining and once there was no pills everything would just come out.....lets hope its true because I sure as hell didn't do this for nothing.... I have been really hormonal.... crying alot... angry at my husband for no reason... really irritable....almost any sound annoys me I hope I never have to take this again”

Bkittinger January 2, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone): “Began taking this a month ago for heavy periods and cysts. Not sure if I want to start the second pack after having an ocular migraine for 4 days. I take this like clockwork every night. Haven't had a period yet, no other side effects. Not sure if it's worth it, migraine or massive heavy periods? I'd almost rather have to wear 2 pads than be out for 4 plus days and counting with this migraine.”

Stlmo · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2016

“I was taking a combination estrogen patch along with a progesterone pill. My insurance decided they would no longer cover the progesterone so my Doctor put me on norethindrone. I have been taking it for 3 weeks and I finally realized yesterday what was happening to me. I have been in such a horrible mood that I cant stand myself. I am sick to my stomach, my blood sugar dropped, I cant sleep, it has been a nighmare. I am better off just going through menopause the natural way.”

Anonymous March 31, 2018

“I'm not a breastfeeding mom I'm a 19 year old who can't take estrogen because of seizures. My skin broke out at first along with irregular bleeding but levelled out after two months. Norlyda has done a great job controlling cramps and hasn't caused any horrendous side effects.”

Beamer · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 5, 2019

“Started on high dose two years ago (5mgs) for terrible cramps in my late 49’s. Didn’t have a period for six months which was great. New gyno lowered it to .35 of a mg as is usual and have suffered ever since with terrible cramps, multiple periods per month now, spotting, weight gain. Seeing gyno this week to end this suffering. I’m so mad as I’m now turning 50 and want menopause to start so I can end this 35 years of pain. I also have a small fibroid and wasn’t able to carry children.”

sexychick12 November 2, 2016

“its fine i just can't stop eating. like I ate 3 corn dogs an hour ago and I'm ready for more. other than that its fine im just so hungry”

she she February 4, 2015