User Reviews for Escitalopram systemic

Bipolar Disorder

Trichotillomania

Summary of Escitalopram reviews 7.7 2,154 reviews

Reviews for Escitalopram

For Anxiety: "My doctor prescribed this medication for me to treat my Anxiety. I took my first pill of 10mg at night, in the morning, I had severe blurry vision, loss of appetite, muscle numbness, nausea, and headache. I stopped taking it will go for Anxiety Herbs, Yoga and and natural methods."

Yana (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Anxiety: "I'm 23 & I have anxiety, panic disorder, OCD and depression. Was put on Zoloft a couple years ago, had a bad experience and stopped it after 3 days of use. Fast forward to a couple months ago, my anxiety is out of control and physical symptoms are so crippling, that I couldn’t function properly and live my life. I couldn’t even get out of bed and take care of my 2 year old son. I was so against taking meds after my experience with Zoloft, but I had no other choice. Couldn’t live the way I was living. Tried out 5mg Escitalopram with 0.5 mg clonazapam for 2 weeks to help with sleep. No side effects at all. Once I stopped clonazapam, felt every single side effect you can think of - I suffered. Upped my dose to 10 mg after 3 weeks. And once I hit the 4 week mark, every side effect went away and I feel so amazing! So happy I stuck it out."

Hawaiigirl707 (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug escitalopram is brilliant for ocd. 20mg helped but I find 30mg helps my OCD, GAD and MDD more. It's far superior compared to citalopram and I've been on both."

Caz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I started first on 2.5 mg, after 1 month 5 mg and now I taking 10 mg. It the best medication, had couple days aide effect (teeth pain) you need time for it to work and it does work.It's really cool for anxiety and depression plus body discomfort, just do the dose increases slowly and it works."

fox (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "My doctor put me on lexapro 10mg for anxiety and occasional panic attacks. After the first day, and I mean ONE 10mg pill I had dilated pupils, vision changes- everything I looked at seemed like it would zoom in and out, made my anxiety worse, and I had crying spells where I would cry and cry for no reason"

Chicha (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

For Anxiety: "Great drug"

Sydneykm (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have MDD and very bad anxiety, the lexapro does help with the MDD but it makes the anxiety worse. What would help me with both?"

Ellis Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was on Lexapro for about 2 years. It definitely helped with depressive thoughts and feelings. I was able to get out of bed, shower, and live. It did have some side effects that I didn't enjoy. Namely, my libido zeroed out, leaving me with no desire for intimacy. I also started to get migraines from time to time, as well as weird, often gruesome, dreams. It definitely helped me to be able to live my life while managing my anxiety, but in the end, my side effects outweighed the benefits."

Mik (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 29, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started on Zoloft for a month, and was suffering from nausea, not eating, loosing a ton of weight, and rapid heart beat. Did not change meds until I had to call 911 due to me thinking I was about to have a heart attack. My doctor then put me on 10mg of Lexapro. This compared to zoloft is legit dramatically different. I stopped taking other meds to help me sleep, due to it helping me actually feel tired, I was eating again, and also gained all my healthy weight back. This is my 3rd month of lexapro and I felt my body got used to the dose that my depression episodes started to slowly happen again. My doc now has put me on 15mg & so far it is working WONDERS. I was also a person who did not want to be on meds to help my mind but wow I feel like a freaking stable person now. Just having more motivation to get out and be productive. Also, to be more of a loving girlfriend. Lexapro is seriously saving my life."

sam408 November 29, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "When I started taking Lexapro I was afraid I would feel weird, I didn't. I felt relieved that now I remembered how a smile felt. Then I thought I was better so stopped taking them which was a huge mistake. Yes there's weight gain and yes I have occasional muscle jerks but the good out weighs bad. Back on them again and happy."

Emptynest November 28, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hi guys, As others I wanted to share my experience. I've been on this lexapro for more then 4 years in the past. Then last spring when I've been noticing I sometimes forgot my 5 mg dose I tapered down on the medicine. In the summer no real issues, but the winter came in hard and 1 bad trigger had me right back on the anxious side. I re-started to take 10 mg for 2 weeks and now 1 week at 15mg. First weeks I suffered increased anxiety, panic attacks and didn't see any hope. And then BAM, it starts working. I'm still not at the full benefits but I feel it kicked in. Now I'm back to having interest in stuff, people etc. So I have 3 major advices.1. Please give the medicine time, it might be rough but when it starts working you gonna have the real benefits. 2. It's not a shame to take a little pill. People with high blood sugar levels do it too. 3. Don't see this medication as the only solution... See therapists , do some cardio, mindfullness. I pray for all you guys!"

Positivist (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Depression: "I began taking Escitalopram after moving in with my 92 year old parents, Mom had Alzheimer's. After 1 year of medical crises, I became anxious & depressed. Crying all the time, unable to cope or sleep. So I agreed to try Lexapro. I started off with one 10 mg/day. Some nausea but it helped almost immediately. I slowly increased to 2 pills daily with min side effects-occasional nausea. At that time my parents were both moved into care. I began to think about weaning myself off the meds. Then my father died suddenly. It was heartbreaking, yet I could not cry. I understood how much the meds were affecting me. Now 6 months after that I am off them & feeling great. I was fearful of getting off them, which I did very slowly. I noticed irritability only. I feel my creativity coming back plus I grieve with tears for my father now but it feels healing. I will always recommend this medication as I feel it saved my life."

Casey November 27, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "So I started Lexapro after a horrible breakup. It really did help my depression/anxiety but after a while of being on it I GAINED 20 POUNDS. be careful with weight gain on this medication."

anon (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Please give it a try! It works! Here are some recommendations based on my experience. It won't "fix" you, but it'll make it so you can actually breathe again. I used to cry constantly, isolate myself, have panic attacks so frequently I couldn't even sleep, and have horrible intrusive violent thoughts. 1. be proactive when it comes to the nausea side effect. Eat BEFORE you take the pill, and don't let yourself get hungry during the first 3-4 hours after you take the pill. Because once you get nausea it becomes harder to eat, which only makes you more nauseous. It's a vicious cycle that can be prevented. 2. ignore the negative reviews that are like "I took this pill for 1 day and it caused *terrifying side effects*." They only cause more anxiety and they're highly unlikely. 3. From my personal experience, the first things to get better were the physical symptoms of anxiety. Less panic attacks, more hungry, less crying, etc. Keeping a journal is helpful to see the progression."

snazzycat November 26, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Psychiatrist has been having me take it for the last 11 years and at first had no problem and now I have near daily panic attacks and they want to put me on more meds. Not a great med (and not a great psychiatrist) also if I miss my dose by 3 or 4 hours, I have extremely intense withdrawal symptoms"

Swim (taken for 10 years or more) November 18, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have one thing to say to you: there is hope. If you’re like I was, you are sitting there wondering what happened to you, why you can’t get your old self back, and if you will ever feel better again. I can tell you that this was me a little over a year ago...and there IS hope. I finally started on Lexapro (actually, the generic Escitalopram). To be honest, it took at least 2 full months for it to completely work. Maybe even 3. There was definitely some improvement before that, but finally one day, life felt back to normal. I can tell you now that I have my life back. Lexapro is absolutely, completely, unequivocally incredible. I feel like my “old self” again. The overwhelming anxious thoughts have disappeared, and I haven’t had a single panic attack. I’ve now been on the meds for over a year, and I can tell you there isn’t a single day I’ve regretted it. Please, if you’re at the place I was, give it a chance. It just might change your life for the better."

Walter White November 18, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I'll share my experience with lexapro so far. I've been on it for a month now, before starting it I couldn't work, had daily panic attacks, social phobia and derealization. It was awful, truly. I started on 10mg and had awful side effects, felt weird, insomnia, nausea, diarrhea, increased anxiety! You name it. So I went down to 5mg, that was fine and no side affects at all. Although my anxiety was better it wasn't gone. I upped to 7.5mg and did that for a bit. No side affects. I have to mention that I do take my lexapro at night time because it still makes me very sleepy. But I sleep through that obviously. I am now on 10mg after the gradual upping and I have to say, my anxiety is nearly completely gone! I feel like myself again and work (I work in emerge at a hospital) has been great. I am only assuming it will get even better in a month. I know when you start the side affects can be hard and you will want to stop. All I can say is hold out!"

Getsbetter (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Anxiety: "I never struggled with anxiety until this summer. I tried taking Zoloft but it made me feel even more depressed and heightened my anxiety. Afterwards I went onto Lexapro because it has worked wonders for my sister. By day 4 I noticed something felt funny and on day 6 I had a full blown panic attack. Everyday after that I didn’t feel like I was in my body which was TERRIFYING and thought everything was a dream. I had extreme amounts of pressure in my head and ears. I immediately stopped taking it after my second panic attack on day 8. I tried my best but it’s not worth going thru this craziness all over again. I was doing better with my anxiety before this medication."

Danid November 17, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "Anybody experience side effects after taking Lexapro for over 2 weeks? The 1st two weeks I felt good with a couple of mild side effects. Then week 3 I started having on and off depression, jittery in the mornings, loss of appetite and some diarrhea. I will be on it 4 weeks the end of this week I'm feeling better today - just hope it continues."

Rene25 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I started Lexapro about a year ago. I had my thyroid removed and while trying to find the right dose of synthroid after surgery, It was a roller coaster of up and down. After finding the right dose of synthroid, my symptoms were better but still a problem. I started Lexapro to help even me out. I started at 5 mg for a couple days. I did have some uncomfortable side effects. Nausea being the main problem for about 4 days. I am so glad I stuck with it. I upped to 10 mg after a few days. I started to feel significant improvement on day 11 of taking the medicine. After a few months I noticed I still had some anxiety and a little depression around my menstruation. I upped to 15 mg and this worked great. After 8 months or so of feeling 90% better, I had a little dip. I started to feel a little more anxious around my period again, so I upped to 20mg. This has been the ideal dose for me. I have no anxiety and no depression. I feel normal and myself again!"

Anonymous November 11, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hello, I would like to say I lived by these reviews to help me through my darkest days with this here anxiety/panic disorder. I had symptoms that range from nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, no appetite, the feeling of about to pass out/faint, noodle feeling sensation in my leg etc to the point I didn't feel like myself anymore and thought death was near. Thank you for your reviews it help get past all that and I got to the good part where is works without the side effects"

Heartbreak89 November 9, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I’ve been on lexapro for a good three, four months now. I’m 18 and I’ve been having extremely bad panic attacks. But the medications seems to somewhat help with the panic. I got diagnosed with panic disorder today and mood disorder. So taking lexapro with a mood disorder can potentially make things worse for me. But hopefully that’s not the case. My therapist upped my dosage to 20 mg today so I start that tomorrow. I hope things work out well because I really don’t want things to get worse."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I am back to write an update on my almost 5 month journey on Lexapro. I am feeling great, and have a lot of positive things to say. I am starting back nursing school (to specialize in psychiatry, of all things!) this January after quitting due to my mental breakdown. I am back to working fulltime. I'm calm, and feel mentally able to achieve what I want in my life. The OCD rituals are a bare minimum now, and the horrible mood swings I had before starting Lexapro have almost completely disappeared. My anxiety and depression once had me homebound, and now I'm leaving my house 4-6 days a week, and I enjoy being out again. I'm 24 and have struggled with mental health problems since the age of 12, and thought I was doomed for life. Your life can turn around for good, so don't give up on yourself. Prayers for you all that you find happiness and live your lives to your fullest potentials. Be blessed."

Starry87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I’ve been taking 10mg for 6mths for GAD & OCD. There were improvements to anxiety but at the same time I changed some lifestyles habits and relieved stress by moving house and stopping work, and I also got treatment from a few different resources. So I can’t say that this medication was what worked. What I have noticed is that despite giving up sugar (binge eating) for over 4 mths and going to the gym for over a month now I am not experiencing weight loss. In fact, I’ve gained weight! I’m also retaining fluid and am constipated often. I’m female, 42 years young. I’m choosing to go off this medication (psych says it leaves the body within 27hrs and I shouldn’t experience side effects) because I don’t like the above side effects. I’ll let you know."

Willo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I was very hesitant to try any medicine for my persistent anxiety and low grade depression (30+ years of drudgery). I finally "called uncle" when it was clear that I would literally not make it through without additional help. I went to the doctor and balled my eyes out as she listened patiently. She started me on 10mg which made things worst for about 2 weeks and then kicked in nicely. I felt sooooo much better. I asked the doctor to increase my dose to 20mg which she agreed to to do. There was an immediate change for the better and now after about a month on 20mg I am feeling almost no anxiety or depression. An amazing drug! Side effects are sleepiness and some loss of libido. The list of good effects are too long to list. Increased patience with the kids. Being a better husband in so many ways. I feel like I am more in control of my life instead of always trying to avoid things that were uncomfortable. I recommend Lexapro!!"

TheNervousSuit (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...