User Reviews for Escitalopram (Page 2)

Also known as: Lexapro

Learn more about Escitalopram.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 9 reviews 43 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 34 reviews 46 medications

7.2
Summary of Escitalopram reviews 1438 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Escitalopram

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was nervous all day long every day, couldn't sleep at night, was having constant anxiety/panic attacks and cried all the time. I went to see my doctor and she prescribed Lexapro 10mg but told me to start at 5mg. I HATE being on medicine and the first few nights I was so worried about taking it the anxiety was through the roof. I decided I needed to stick with it and the first 2 weeks were awful (anxiety, nausea, no appetite, no sleep) but then day by day I started feeling better. I am at 4 weeks (still 5mgs) and realize I enjoy my days. My appetite has returned, I don't count the hours until bed, and I can relax again. I feel more like myself than i have in years. Only negative is headaches every night after I take the med. Stick with it"

Stickwithit (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on this med for over a month and the side effects do not out weigh my symptoms . The withdrawal sucks and the hyperness and the tiredness sucks. I'm 31 and haven't been on a depressant since I was 15. I lost my sister 5 months ago and it set me into anxiety, panic and depression."

Barb F August 26, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I thought Lexapro wasn't going to help my anxiety but after about 3 weeks it made a huge difference. I feel like I'm living again!"

SweetLuck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I am 23 and have had extreme anxiety/panic since around 20. I am super sensitive to meds/ side effects. I have tried so many AD and none have worked. Recently I have tried Remeron but had to switch due to drowsiness- I have hypersomnia. Lexapro by far has taken away my worrying mind more than anything which is amazing. The first month was pretty horrid besides that though. Constant nausea, yawning, worsened anxiety at first, headaches. I still have some nausea and now I have noticed extreme drowsiness again. I really love how it helps my anxiety, but (like always) the side effects really bother me. Try it out, get thru the 1st month. If you don't have bad side effects its the best anxiety med I have ever had. Good luck!"

rknrbn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm currently on Remeron 15mg mostly to help me sleep and also taking lorazapam to help me through. I recently tried Effexor, Paxil and Tritellix with no success.I started at 10mg of Lexapro about 8 weeks ago and so far it hasn't done anything for me. I'm actually experiencing for fear but a little less anxiety. My doctor wants me up to 20mg but when I try to increase I get wicked side effects like nausea, runny nose, increased anxiety, abnormal breathing, pounding heart etc. I've been on 15mg for 5 days now and yesterday and today I began to feel nauseous and sleepy. I also woke up feeling depressed. I'm determined to stick it our and jump to 20mg on day 8. I'm encouraged by some of the reviews but some of the others scare me."

PaulMar2 August 23, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I was prescribed this for anxiety and depression. In total, I took it for 6 weeks before coming off cold turkey on doctor's orders due to side-effects. The first 2 weeks I just had mild nausea and headaches. By the second week I started feeling a deep tiredness. I would sleep for about 16 hours a day. The need to sleep so much faded by end of week 3 but the deep tiredness never went away. I also had swelling and red lumps form under my left eye around this time. Week 4 brought insomnia and week 5 brought the rash on my legs. By the end of week 6, I had 360 degrees rash on legs that burned and bleed with lumps filled with puss. The pain was continuous and severe. Hence, off meds. Took two weeks for rash to fade to where it doesn't hurt."

GaveItAShot August 23, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I started getting anxiety my first year of college. I had previously had mild anxiety, but it was not as debilitating. I was constantly worrying what others thought about me and had obsessive thoughts. I started on 10mg of lexapro and it completely changed my outlook on life. I did not realize how fun life could be before I lived it without the looming cloud of anxiety. It also helped tremendously with anxiety surrounding the intrusive thoughts. Some things that WORSENED my anxiety while on lexapro were birth control pills (hormone imbalance worsens anxiety) and hard alcohol. I take 1/2 tsp inositol powder (a type of vitamin) and probiotics that seem to help my anxiety and depression in addition to the lexapro."

hibiscusgirl August 23, 2016

For Depression: "First day taking lexapro 20mg I experienced fuzzy vision, tingling sensation in my arms, yawning, and tiredness. Second day I decided to take it before bed, woke up 2 hours later with nausea, weakness, dry mouth, dizziness, vomiting and tingling in my arms. Talking to my doctor tomorrow to see if I should switch, not taking it tonight. My anxiety did subside in the last 2 days though."

Asonna20 August 23, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medicine changed my life. I've suffered from social anxiety for 20 years and always afraid to ask for help, until one wedding anniversary with my husband at a restaurant was to much for me. I was uncomfortable and major anxiety just eating in a restaurant and I was tired of feeling like this. The next day I told my doctor I needed help, he gave me lexapro and my life has changed. I'm loving life again and nothing is holding me back. I'm so grateful I asked for help"

Lorie de August 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've had anxiety for many years and my Dr had me on Xanax for about 12 years...3 times a day (0.25mg). She weaned me off to only taking 1 at night. While weaning she put me on 5mgs of lexapro to ease the process which was over a year ago and I still take the lexapro however, lately I have been experiencing more frequent panic/anxiety attacks which causes major dizziness more so than before. I'm not sure if Lexapro is for me or if the mgs is too low. I'll be making an appt to see my Dr but I want to see if anyone out there has had or is having this problem. It's pretty scary."

NanaRob August 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medication has forever changed my life, it has possibly saved my marriage and relationship with my kids. I am a person who suffers from anxiety and severe mood swings. Before Lexapro I would snap at anything, little things would trigger anxiety attacks and that would lead to depression. My first week on Lexapro was not to bad I had some nausea, felt jittery at times, restlessness at night, and yawning uncontrollably. But I noticed right away and so did my husband that I was more at ease, happier, and was able to blow things off that would of made me blow up before. The pros out weighed the bad for me. So far I have been enjoying life more, laughing with my kids more often and not focusing so much on the little things."

G0128 August 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "Well after 4 weeks I feel great. 46 yrs old suffered from Anxiety all my life and just had enough of living in flight or fight mode. I was very anxious about taking any medication, reading all the reviews prior Not sure if that helped. I didn't want to just rely on a drug but make some life style changes at the same time . So I went to the docs and asked to be reffered to a councillor. This was very beneficial as I was determined to get some tools to help with underlying issues. Lastly started moderate excersize. All this helped but like others I can say around 4 weeks, I fealt a big difference kick in. Dealing with day to day challenges , I feel just more in control and don't get the physical stress triggers. I hope the above has helped"

Kev46 August 19, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Only took 2.0 mg first time & 2.0 mg in evening. So 4mg altogether daily. Instant relief upon first dose. Immediate. Gave me headache first dose for about 3 hours but after that all good for 3 days. On 4th day got another headache in evening for few hours. Last night took it at about 10pm, got to sleep but woke up at 4am couldn't get bk to sleep til 7am. Gives u vivid dreams that feel real. I wouldn't recommend starting with any more than 2.5mg or 4mg max split in two doses at least 8-10-12 hrs apart. 2.0mg each dose max. I'm thinking of making my evening dose just 1mg or bc it's much stronger and more of an upper than celexa. Does makes u feel tired but the anxiety is gone, less hypersensitive but can be too 'high' agitating."

15fgybniikmoolgfdc (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

For Depression: "I have been on Lexapro 10mg about a week and a half. I was on Pristiq and Lexapro last week to transition off Pristiq & had a good week. Now I'm just on the 10mg Lexapro and feel nauseous, have no appetite, increased anxiety, and very depressed. I am hoping this works for me better than the Pristiq but I'm worried I made a mistake. Will these feelings pass?"

NeMom August 18, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This was the most incredible pill. It entirely changed my life. I used to be so scared of failure and it used to effect my income and job performance. I used to have really bad anxiety and it used to effect my sleep pretty badly. The first month and a half were pretty brutal on Lexapro but after that it immediately began working. I no longer suffer from anxiety. I sleep extremely well. I can multi task now and I don't worry about things like I used to and my fear of failure is long gone. I was like you, reading this review, thinking that they must be fake. But I said what the hell and decided to book an appointment with my psychiatrist. My life has never been better since!"

Jordan87 August 18, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "It worked very well for me six years ago. I had depression, little sleep and anxiety. I was off within a year but panic attacks have struck in recent weeks so I am hoping for a similar experience. A recent post was hoping for a two week improvement which is not how this drug or any ssri I know of works. It did work fairly quickly as I recall. I felt much better in 2-4 weeks and was able to make necessary life work changes within months. Calling it a lifesaver sounds about right to me."

Jersey guy2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I'm in my early 30's and never had a problem with depression or anxiety until I lost my mother to cancer 18 months ago. I fell into a depression after that and my doctor prescribed me generic lexapro for short term depression ( as it has never been an issue). I noticed within 2 weeks that I felt better...I had more energy, etc.. Not liking the idea of being on meds, I weaned off it after 6 months.. I still had withdrawal symptoms (electric shock feeling). Well after that my husband left me and that combined with the loss of my mother was too much to bear. I was miserable. I only left the house to go to work and it was difficult to pull myself out of bed. As soon as I got home I would throw on pj's and just lay on the couch. PAGE 1 of 2"

Anonygirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

For Anxiety: "Positive"

Yaeirr1964 August 16, 2016

For Depression: "I started on 5mg and my doctor just moved me up to 30 today (an increase over about 8 months). Every time I start a new dosage, I feel amazing for a few weeks, like a new person, and then it slowly fades off. Both my doctor and psychiatrist say this medicine will work well for me, we just need to find the exact right dosage for me. My mom is on 20mg twice a day, has been for 10+ years, and it completely changed her life too. With other meds I tried, had severe nausea, diarrhea, headaches, etc. With every dose increase of escitalopram I had some 'chronic yawning' for a week or so which was annoying, and I still have pretty bad restless leg syndrome most nights. Weird and annoying symptoms,but I'm happy to deal with them for the results"

!aaaaaa August 16, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am 38 yr female.. Woke up one morning anxious and worried (about 1.5 yr ago).. Thought i was just having a stressful week but it became endless.. I remain in the constant state of "being on the edge".. I can't focus on my children's conversations because my mind is in a million places, im always accusing and assuming my husband is lying or leading another life, I can't reember what it felt like to be excited about doing anything.. As much as I don't want to worry and speculate, it is all I allow myself to do.. I am able to put on a front at work, people think i am happy go lucky, but inside I am a train wreck! I'm on my third week in with lex, and so far have only added irritated to the mix.. I'm sticking it out tho, thanks to the reviews"

Fedupalready August 15, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "In the period of my childhood ,there was diffrent conditions that i can't explan like night Mayer. Social anexity mood disorder .helpless .complete off of life charming ,etc. I am using this medicen from 5years .all things changed and feeling happy ."

Mumtaz khan s August 10, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I have had exaustion, stress and anxiety for a few months now and recently the anxiety got worse and for the first time in my life I had a panic attack twice in one day. I went to hospital and the doc prescribed the meds but I was afraid to start taking them. I also saw a therapist who also thought I could get past this without meds. After I had a bad panick attack at night I decided to start taking them..Its been 3 days and I have hardly slept and have nausea especially in the evenings and at night..Im feeling less anxious but I really need to sleep because I have to go back to work tomorrow. Please tell me this gets better because my doc said she is only putting me on these for 2 weeks then we will review and see if I can go off them"

MMKGC August 10, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I got this prescribed for frequent panic attacks and anxiety. All this medicine did for me was create a much bigger sense of anxiety. I should have know the first time I took this to never take it again, but I knew I needed to try it out for longer in hopes it would work. Immediately after I would take this my anxiety would worsen and after it settled I would experience uncontrollable panic attacks lasting over 2 hours. I do not recommend if you are incapable of waiting over a month with this being a possible side effect when taking it."

Val0 August 8, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Cipralex about 7 months after my brother died. I was having terrible thoughts about something happening to my son and I felt so overwhelmed with anxiety. I was very irritable and felt that I was never going to be happy again. I started at 5mg and it was amazing how quickly I felt better. Doc said to go to 10mg which continued to help. After almost a year, I got pregnant with my second child and went off Cipralex for the baby's health. The side effects were terrible and even though I tapered off slowly I had awful brain zaps and the headaches were unbelievable. I was so sad and my anxiety was worsening. Got through it for my baby and had a healthy girl. Back on and doing well after PPD"

Healthyagain August 8, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Its been about 6 months since I started on lexapro and so far it really helped with my anxiety. I used to be nervous over little things and get sweaty hands due to it. my anxiety was slowly but surely taking over my life and prevented me from doing the things I enjoy. the first week or two I got side effects ( dry throat, vivid dreams, tiredness) which is normal and your body adjusting to the medication. the thing about this medicine is you have to be patient. you will really start to feel great effects after a few months. I now don't feel the anxiety and pain that I used to deal with every day. I recommend this medication but it may not work for everyone. also if you stop , you will get withdrawals (know that before you start)"

Nicolelynnn August 7, 2016