User Reviews for Clonazepam

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Wildrose September 17, 2020

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: “I’ve had burning mouth syndrome now for over a year. I’d had other weird mouth symptoms just prior to getting it that I’d attributed to my steroid inhalers. One day I cooked an egg in a new saucepan - and my mouth suddenly went numb and I had an intense burning sensation. An oral surgeon diagnosed burning mouth syndrome (but he didn’t know what caused my other mouth symptoms) . He told me to gargle Paxam 2 (Clonazepam 2mg) twice a day to settle down the nerves in my face. I have found that the medication has been a great relief to me.. The added bonus is that it helps me sleep! An interesting thing I discovered about a possible cause of burning mouth syndrome could be an ingredient in some toothpastes, mouthwashes and gums. Some people are allergic to an ingredient in them - a fake cinnamon (cinnamaldehyde) that can cause mouth sores, burning etc.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I been on 4mg dose of clonazepam per day for a month for benzo withdrawal. I've had enough of the side effects and have stopped completely. Docs want to taper but I can't handle the pains in my shoulders I'm so scared now but I'm stopping and I'm off sick anyway. After reading all comments I wish they didn't put me on these but when your unwell you take it - don't you. I'm on quietapine now since yesterday so I'm preparing for a white knuckle ride if going cold turkey.”

Elbee · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 8, 2020

For Sleep Paralysis: “I put up with parasomnia (hallucinations and acting out dreams) for 5 years before being properly diagnosed and put on Clonazepam. Started out at 0.5mg but increased to 1mg, and went from having regular hallucinations and ‘active dreams’ every night to sleeping solidly and feeling refreshed every day. This was my miracle drug. I’ve been on it for 5 years now... Currently weaning off it while pregnant, but I miss my sleep! It’s good stuff.”

Chris September 5, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I work in Health care and obviously the last six months have been very stressful with COVID. I've had crazy body symptoms and crazy thoughts running through my mind. Klonopin has been a huge help in allowing me to work and remain centered and calm. In fact, I'm probably wondering if I should have been on this medicine for the last 30 years. Give it time and the fatigue will go away and the clear, calm mind will come. That's how it worked for me.”

Random Task · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2020

For Anxiety: “I take .5mg of clonazepam 1-3 times per week as needed for anxiety, panic, OCD and insomnia. It works gloriously. Some nights when Lunesta will not get me over the sleep hump, I'll take 1/4 of a .5mg tablet and then I can sleep through the night without racing thoughts. Only side effect I've noticed is hair shedding.”

Mimi · Taken for 10 years or more September 5, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I am beyond RLS, since diagnosed with fibromyalgia and RLS 25 years ago. My husband described me as sleeping with my toe attached to a car battery and every once in a while the switch is throw and her whole body jerks. I have been on clonazepam ever since, for the last 15 , no increase in dosage. In 2014, after a serious surgery, by day 2 I was jerking awake while on massive amounts of opioids which I refused as much as possible after day 3. I am tired of the FDA and doctors from proctologist to RNPA's. I might become addicted. Add in I take 3 per night, and due to a 90 day ex I have to cut up pills because 7 months have 31.”

Random Task · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2020

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I take clonazepam .5mg as needed, generally 2-3 times per week for OCD, anxiety and panic attacks. No euphoria; it just quietly begins working within 1-2 hours. If I take it to help me fall asleep, I generally take .5 mg or .5mg + 1/4 of another tablet. 30 tablets costs me less than $2. The only side effect I have is hair shedding. Initially, when I was having severe panic attacks and anxiety, I took .5mg everyday for three weeks before I finally calmed. Only side effect I noticed with daily use was depression could set in and I needed to increase my dose for sleep. But after a few weeks I was able to alternate back to Lunesta and occasionally I have a night where I can sleep without either. This should be an option for patients like me who don't tolerate the side effects of a daily SSRI and do not have addictive tendencies.”

Corey · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 31, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “clonazepam really helps with my TMJ since all the other medications tend to work for a short duration. I was originally prescribed Klonopin for anxiety but noticed it really relaxes my muscles so I was able to get off my baclofen and Flexeril. I could have kept all 3 but told doc the other two were unnecessary.”

Spike · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Was prescribed clonazepam .5mg once a day before bedtime for RLS. Worked well for a few weeks, but after 6 weeks of taking this drug I felt complacent and numb, and stopped enjoying activities. I am now off it for 3 days now and the withdrawal symptoms are evident, tired, irritable and anxious. However I do feel better today, more like myself and my sense of humour is returning. It appears this drug does work for many people but it was not for me. RLS significantly impacts ability to sleep and is difficult on lifestyle, good luck to others reading and I hope the post has been useful.”

Nick · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 28, 2020

For Insomnia: “clonazepam totally works for sleep and I never felt addicted.”

Soldier August 26, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Having been through two combat tours in the Army, psychologically I was not in great shape every vet is different, for me I was basically crippled by GAD and sometimes over 15 panic attacks a day, one rolling over into another. SSRIs (and I tried them all) helped but not enough to get me on an even keel so as to function in the world. I was 24 when my psychiatrist put me on Klonopin. 9 years later I have a wonderful wife, a beautiful son, and a career that brings me great pride. NONE of this would have been possible without the help I received from taking Klonopin. There’s a lot of bias against benzos and it is very true that they can be abused. But for people that truly need them, it’s a disservice to this potential life saver. It helped me take my life back. I’m grateful to have Klonopin in my tool box even to this day. Seize the day people, go out there and get busy living. If Klonopin or another benzo can help, then just do it. Life is too short.”

Random Task · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Clonazepam .5mg stops my panic attacks. Within one to two hours all panic is gone and I can sleep. Used sparingly, no more than 2-3 times weekly, this is an excellent drug.”

TT August 25, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I used to take this medication Klonopin years ago and it suited me fine. It was the first Benzo I ever tried. I eventually switched because it was causing my depression to get worse. Now I have been on Ativan and it works well. However I switched clinics and the put me back on klonopin. It has been a nightmare. All I want to do is sleep. My doc agreed to put me back on Ativan as well as vraylar. I hope this combo works.”

luckybug7 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 23, 2020

For Anxiety: “I was on 0.5 - 1mg Klonopin daily for GAD and panic disorder for 6.5 years. Knowing what I know now about benzodiazepines, I'm not sure how my doctors ever let this fly. They should only be prescribed for short-term use (or on a PRN basis only), and certainly not daily use for YEARS on end. Withdrawals were a nightmare and it took months for me to feel back to normal again. When people talk about the withdrawals, they aren't joking... and this was with a SLOW AND STEADY taper!! Benzos like Klonopin absolutely serve a purpose and work very well, just make sure you take it daily short-term or if you are on it for a prolonged period of time, only as needed!”

Casey · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 21, 2020

For Anxiety: “On Klonopinfor anxiety and insomnia. Klonopin saved my life. It also improved every relationship I treasure. I've taken it for 8 years and my work has improved, my relationships have improved and I'm more relaxed. Also, my base dose has NOT increased beyond 1.0 mg a day. Often it's just .25mg a day. Personally, I don't have any plan to stop taking it. My wife says I'm better in everyday on it...including the bedroom. So there....:)”

Coonhunter · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 19, 2020

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Klonopin is a very good drug. It is much safer than SRIs, SSRIs and Tricyclics which are over prescribed. Klonopin saved my like at home and in the ER. You see I suffer a Life threatening serotonin reaction with SSRIs. The Black box warning on new antianxiety medications is scary and people can't stop them.”

Goatboy · Taken for 10 years or more August 16, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Stay away from benzodiazepines they’re meant for short term use. Discontinuing use is horrible.”

SuperGlad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 14, 2020

For Anxiety: “On clonazepam To treat my Restless Leg Syndrome and anxiety. Finally I feel normal and I am seizure free. Combine with dopamine and serotonin reuptake meds also gabapentine, I can't describe the normal feeling for the first time and no insomnia (for more than 20 years). But sadly after my neurologist reduce the dosage, I feel terrible. I don't know if this is withdrawal. But I'm thankful for this med.”

sfnative · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “Have 2 kinds of epilepsy since 16 yo. Then at 38 years old developed left side migraine encompassing tempero-parietal migraine, with sharp pain across the left brow, down through the eye, across the maxilla and includes numbness of the left face to midline of the lips. Then beginning 2.5 years ago, I was struck with new additional areas of migraine: right parietal and right frontal. This right frontal feels as though someone from ancient Egypt is attempting to drill a huge hole through my skull. The pain is incredibly intense and 10 out of 10. Having taken every every drug I am clinically qualified to take to date, I only recently administered my loading dose of Emgality. So far, no joy. So, since my frontal migraine is giving me such pain today, I took a clonazepam one hour ago, then found this forum of sorts. My outcome after one hour (I took it with rather warm decaf coffee with hemp milk): I can honestly say my pain has decreased by at least 50% and I am impressed.”

JamesBrown · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2020

For Night Terrors: “I have taken Clonazepam for over 4 years. I take it T.I.D. Three Times Daily, 3-4Mg split in three. (1mg,1mg,1-2mg) I take it for PTSD symptoms that I experience. It is quite effective for GAD, and keeping panic attacks away. But, It only lasts about 6-8 hours, thus I take it TID. I still have terrible nightmares, I sleep about 4 hours and wake up from a bad dream. I started splitting my evening dose into 2. Taking half at 8Pm and the other half at 9-10... This helps me stay asleep longer. I still wake up with bruises, from thrashing in my sleep or wake up with a gasp/scream. For certain problems this medication is effective. But for night terrors it is not for me. Since I do not get a full REM cycle. I do not get compete rest, I need a nap. And because of my exhaustion I quickly move into the dream state of REM and have nightmares and then wake up. Not to mention it is physically addictive and it will take year(s) to reduce my dose to 0.”

Leilei · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've always taken clonazepam as prescribed for severe anxiety. Tolerance developed quickly and Drs kept upping my dose while adding other medications. Up until 2 years ago I would have given it a 10 as I had no idea what was happening or coming at me. It has messed up my blood pressure and I have tachycardia now so I need to get off it. THIS IS AWFUL. I have been on 1 mg 2 x daily and down to 1.5 a day. I don't know if I can get to 1 mg a day. Believe every horror story on here because if you ever want/need off this ride you better buckle up. Find another way. Don't make this an option.”

Doug July 20, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I've been on Clonazepam for 7 years recently I started feeling hazy and my brain hurt. In fact, it still does. I thought it was another medication causing me all these issues but after successfully withdrawing from that medication my symptoms stayed on board. Now I am working with my Doctor to wean off clonazepam. I was prescribed a mood stabilizer however it was making things worse. Fortunately I did not take that medication for very long. I want to feel better and I am deeply disturbed that my Doctor would keep me on a medication meant for short term use. I am nervous about withdraw but I am so ready to be myself again.”

Painhead July 19, 2020

For Migraine Prevention: “I had these awful headaches, it felt like a tight band around my head and it was coupled with severe pain. I told my psychiatrist and he prescribed 0.5mg of clonazepam. Within a day my headaches went away. I tried lowering my dose every 3 months but the headache would come back. I was on it for over a year when I read more about headaches online, I came across a type of headache with symptoms similar to mine and one of the recommendations was magnesium. I took 25mg/day of magnesium for 1 week then cut down my clonazepam and my headaches where gone. However after being on it for over a year discontinuing clonazepam proved to be hard. I tried quitting cold turkey and had withdrawals within 2 days. I had to slowly taper down over a period of 4 months but I experienced 3 weeks of withdrawals after my final dose. A week of magnesium vs 1.5 years of clonazepam. I give this drug an 7 because it worked but I deducted 3 points because its hard to discontinue once you develop a dependency.”

Tdmr · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I took 0.5 KLONOPIN FOR 4 MONTHS and now I am physically addicted, I never used it to get "high", I just used it as prescribed, it is not a high dose. But I have HORRIBLE WITHDRAWAL when I stop including using horrible mental anguish ....”

Michelle · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 26, 2020

For Anxiety: “Ive been on numerous medications over the last 20 years. Including xanax. About 15 years ago my doctor put me on klonopin. For the first time I felt better. About 5 years later I switched insurance company's and had my new doctor switch me to xanax. Which worked fine. After that I've had about 4 different psychiatrist and none of them liked xanax so they took me off of them. And put me on other meds that did not work. So I've suffered for the last 4 years. I have PTSD and anxiety. Finally I just got a new psychiatrist and she put me back on klonopin. And I'm so relieved. I feel so much better. Don't let anyone tell you its a bad medication. I never had withdrawals years ago when I quit taking them. They have helped me better than any other medication.”