User Reviews for Citalopram systemic

Hot Flashes
4.2

Summary of Citalopram reviews 7.5 1,522 reviews

Reviews for Citalopram

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Started with 20mg for a 18 year old female experiencing depression and anxiety mainly based from a BPD diagnosis. Noticed a positive change in my depression after about 2 weeks but not much change in my anxiety. I went up to 40mg after my first month and it really helped my anxiety as well. Didn’t make me feel “numb” like most other antidepressants and I still felt like myself!"

maddiethill (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was prescribed celexa and took it for about a month. During that time, I was waiting on it to start working so I kept taking it. Around the end of the month, I was starting to have breakdowns and suicidal thoughts. I honestly heard voices in my head and was so (even more than when I started it) and so depressed. I was put on suicide watch for 2 weeks while I was coming off of it. NEVER will I recommend this to anyone."

anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Was on zoloft for months for panic disorder. Thought nothing could ever help me. After months of going from 25mg to 200 mg of zoloft my dr finally switched my medication to the same one (Celexa) my mother takes for depression. The first about 8 days or so were awful. Withdrawing zoloft and celexa side effects. Hot flashes, nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, extreme panic and tiredness. Then suddenly I just felt better. Happier. Less anxious. Normal again. It saved my life!"

Itsavedmylife28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For Agitation: "I have been on various doses of Citalopram for ten years. I feel good on it, except that I don't feel empathy for people. I don't cry anymore. I feel empathy for animals, strange I know, but thats how I am now. I took Citalopram initially for depression, I continue taking it because of irritability."

Bwabbles (taken for 10 years or more) October 25, 2018

For Depression: "Whew what a ride it’s been! I was having suicidal thoughts to the point to where it was affecting my every day life, I never wanted to act on them tho it was just the idea I guess. My doctor prescribed me to 10MG and after about 6 weeks I didn’t really notice anything so I went back and he put me on 20MG I’m not even 2 weeks in and the difference is like night and day! I can finally say I’m starting to get back to my old self laughing and talking with people at work. I don’t mind getting out of bed in the morning and coming to work. Before my wife would have to make me get up and I would get sick I dreaded it so much. My suggestion is stick with it everybody is different some people it may help them in a week for others it may take 2 months but I would try it for at least 8 weeks before giving up on it. I feel so much better! Negative thoughts come here and there but they are so vague and I just laugh it off now"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I researched and read numerous forums on medicines and was quite leary to take Celexa after some of the issues people had experienced on the medicine. I am so glad I decided to try it for myself. A few months ago, out of the blue, I developed symptoms which turned into full blown GAD which was getting increasingly worse with constant nervousness, stomach upset, nonstop worry about feeling so darn out of control that I burst into tears. I was starting to have panic attacks while at work and couldn’t have that so I contacted my doctor who put me on 5mg of Celexa daily which was to increase to 10 mg. After a few days of awful nausea and sleepiness the side effects subsided. 1 month in, still on 5mg, and I feel absolutely amazing. I am back to feeling myself again. I am so fortunate that this medicine worked for me."

Relieved (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Depression: "This drug literally saved my life.I was barely functioning due to generalised anxiety disorder and depression. I was losing my marriage and my friends and also my job. I was off work due to this and I've be ever been off for mental health before but I really was not eating and self harming it was awful. I was not in control. I tried sertraline but personally made me feel so sick so my GP put me on ten mg of citalopram, I gradually moved up and now take 20mg a day. The past six weeks I feel like I've got my life back. Yes I have the odd moment I think I've had two days where I've felt overwhelmed at work after a made a mistake and I had to hide away and cry, but normally I would not come back from that. I urge people to not be scared and to try this obviously everyone is different but if your nervous about taking it I say give it a go, a good six weeks. It really changed my life and I cannot express how bad things were for me before."

Nerdy mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I am a sophomore in college. I started taking citalopram as a freshman in high school for anxiety that caused me to become depressed. I had awful anxiety and panic attacks everyday. I was struggling to breathe all the time. I couldn’t eat anything too chewy or else I wouldn’t be able to swallow it. I couldn’t stay home by myself because I was scared it have an attack alone. My depression really took a toll on me. I decided to go to a psychiatrist. He prescribed me 20mg. The way I was when I first saw him to where I am now is so hard to believe (crying during the entire appointment to feeling like myself again). I haven’t had an attack since freshman year of hs. I did have one two years ago but I was expecting it (first time traveling alone). My anxiety does linger, but I feel healed compared to the past. I’m very thankful I was able to find this medication. I remember I did feel side effects: headache and jittery. Those passed, however, in a week or so."

daisy October 7, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been on 10 mg for almost 2 weeks. I can tell a difference already! I have to take mine as soon as I get up in the morning to prevent slight insomnia and it gives me a pep during the day it has calmed down my anxiety and panic attacks. I was having particular night mares when sleeping and now I just wake with a calm state so I know absolutely that citalopram has calmed down the panic. I'm happier and more out going. I know that I'll probably have to get to the standard dose of 20 mg to be the sweet spot but it has worked wonders and so glad I overcome the fearful of starting the medication! No other worked as well as this one!!!"

Anxiety Mama (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Depression: "I switch to celexa/citalopram from wellbutrin and before that I was taking zoloft. Celexa makes me tired. I have little energy. Zoloft gave me some energy. Wellbutrin made me tired too."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was on Celexa for 6 years. I recently weaned off the Celexa due to the unpleasant weight gain that I experienced. I wanted to try a different anti-anxiety medication that was less likely to gain weight. I tried a combination of Lexapro and Wellbutrin for awhile and then Zoloft. None of those drugs were able to help ease my mind. I experienced increased anxiety and depression, specially panic attacks. I am hoping to get back on Celexa next week as it was my saving grace for 6 years! My only complaints about Celexa are the weight gain and the headaches that occur if you accidentally miss a dose (as well as the weaning off headaches). Crossing my fingers it works a second time!"

Anonymous October 4, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was put on citalpram for untreatable GAD, worse drug experience ever, I was prepared that it had lots of side effects, but when it kicked in after 6 weeks, all I can describe it as is being electrocuted with cold lightning from the inside out, but I stuck with it, every time I increased the dose my legs would stop functioning for a few hours so my girlfriend would have to drag me to the toilet. I gave up after 6 months. In the end I cured myself through exercise and diet. Worked out 5 times a week for 3 months and only ate fruit, vegetables, fish and nuts. Have been cured for 5 years now after 5 years of waking up every day thinking I was going to die."

GADrecovery (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "This medication completely erased my anxiety but not the depression. I tend to have panic attacks on weekends, I suppose because I have more time to think about things. I work Mon-Fri, and I'm very embarrassed to say the citalopram caused diarrhea. I had to leave work one day because of it. Since I only have panic attacks on weekends, I started taking it on Friday and Saturday only. I am a single mom going through a divorce and recovering from narcissistic abuse. I rated this drug a 10 , because it does work and the side effects are different for everyone."

Girlboss September 23, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was quite literally so depressed I was having suicidal thoughts, constant panic attacks. I was on Lexapro and it just turned me into a mental mess. I didn't know what to do. My doctor gave me Celexa and Klonopin together and now after 1 month I feel like a different person. The Klonopin is great for the panic attacks. The Celexa has been great so far for my depression and I have OCD as well so this has stopped the hamster wheels in my head. It will work different for everyone but this is my experience. Good luck to all as peace of mind is absolutely everything!"

JJBee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for : "I started Celexa for anxiety, panic attacks and depression after my 20 yr old son was killed in a car accident. I feel it numbs the tears a bit more than I want while grieving, but I don't cry 12 hours a day. It really helped the anxiety and panic attacks. It didn't do much for my sleeping. Still up all night and only sleep about 4 hours in the morning. I do sweat a lot from it and have bathroom issues. But I can function and walk and get out of bed."

C (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I took this medication for 7 years. Started at 10 mg now on 40 mg. It really works but now I'm at the highest dose I think. Don't know what I'll do when it stops working. Tried taking myself off of it a month ago just trying to go more natural with my health. That did not work. Now I feel that I need to take meds as prescribed. Lesson learned. I am thankful for this medication."

Pris (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I started on Citalopram after suffering with anxiety, panic disorder and agoraphobia for many years. I tried the natural route but nothing worked long term. My panic attacks were awful. They came on without warning and make me VERY physically ill. My doctor put me on a low dose of Citalopram (celexa) my initial symptoms that I can remember were: dizziness, mild stomach upset, mild nausea, numbness in hands and feet, slight insomnia, increased anxiety, headaches, and severe lack of appetite. I was only consuming about 500 calories per day for 2 weeks but then week 2 hit and I upped my dosage to 10 mg. My appetite came back for the first time in over a year, I sleep amazing, I’m no longer anxious, if I feel an attack coming on it quickly subsides ( I haven’t had one since switching to 10 mg a month ago), I have energy, I’m not depressed and I have the urge to go out and do things all the time! I no longer am afraid to go places in fear of having a panic attack!"

Nikki (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Citalopram since Feb 2017. I love it. The reason I got on it was I ended up in the E.R. for unknown chest pains. My blood pressure was 170/103. I had every test imaginable. I went and talked to a psychiatrist because they couldn't find out or figure out what was wrong with me. Come to find out I had really bad anxiety which caused chest pains, shortness of breath, and high blood pressure. I was having anxiety attacks which mimic heart attacks. I haven't had an anxiety attack since starting the citalopram. I feel better, I have ENERGY, and I don't feel depressed. Sadly, I'll probably be on this medication till I retire from food service or find another job industry."

Mel (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Have always been reluctant to use an antidepressant, have always been 'very tightly wound', but reluctant to 'mess with' with cognitive state. My last real job, an independent commodity option trader on the floor of the the Chicago Board of Trade, was the "happiest, most productive, least stressful position" Driving to a doctor's appointment, realized I needed 'something mild and non-addictive' as I spent the 40 minutes drive screaming at every idiot-driver on the road i.e. all of them. New stressor was my 90+ father's (continuing) health issues and slide into dementia. My doctor of 13 years was familiar with my situation as I had fairly recently relocated my father. This medication brought me immediate, and continuing, relief without any side effects at any time. Has certainly helped me to deal better with my father and his condition. I am still 'tightly wound', but within my manageable boundaries. If you need an anti-depressant, I suggest that you talk with a doctor. Save yourself"

LoFat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I had very bad panic attacks and anxiety after a bad time in my life. I couldn't get out of bed for weeks, felt panicked constantly, short of breath, chest pains, shakiness, aching shoulders and chest, eventually I went to the doctors. I was immediately put on 10mg of citalopram. I had side effects for several weeks but then eventually I felt ok, stable but not great, I got the odd relapse if I were in a shop /social environment and had to fight it somehow, so I upped the dosage to 20mg. I felt much better, but you're always aware that you may have a sudden turn. A year on and I've now upped it to 25mg as I still feel a its still a tiny bit there, some good and some not quite good days. Overall I can function pretty well in most situations, it seems to go away at its best if I keep busy, work etc. for now I'm keeping ok and managing it, a huge difference from a year ago, tell people you have this condition as it helps. I'll keep you all posted "

Gardener September 16, 2018

For Depression: "I've been taking this medicine about 2 years and it worked fine in the beginning. The Dr. upped my dosage to 40 mg about 6 months ago. I feel I'm going backwards I am extremely depressed. So I want off this med and have my happy self back. Withdraw is bad."

Shelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking citalopram when I was 19 and have been on and off it most of my life - I am 42 now . Just recently have been having severe anxiety and panic attacks daily so I decided to go back on to it. My main advice when you start out is stick with it - you will feel worse before you feel better. I know it works as has worked for me in the past . My main side effects are yawning, dry mouth, passing urine more frequently and feeling spaced out, but I know they will pass . Please if you need reassurance they do work just stick with them !!!"

Georgia (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Celexa worked well for me for about 1.5 years. I think it helped anxiety over depression. However, these past few months, the anxiety has been creeping back and the depression is in full force. I did adjust well when first taking it, even when I bumped up to 20 mg. I think there might be a craving component to it that caused me to keep weight on. Otherwise, it worked OK, but now it's time for something different (I wish I didn't have to change)."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2018

For Depression: "I have depression, I was crying a lot, I had a lot of anger. I've been on 20mg celexa for 4 months now Feeling better, but can't cry anymore, I feel frozen to do important things. My side effects ar cough and leaking urine."

Grandma September 7, 2018

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I have been on celexa now for many years. I had almost immediate results. It was after the second dose I felt better. I had been struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts since I was at least 9 year old when I first tried to take my life. I have been in therapy off and on for the last 40 years. I have tried almost every antidepressant drug on the market. Some helped a little, but I still struggled with depression. Since I have been on celexa, I have not been suicidal. I have had some sadness because that is life and I have chronic pain too, but I have had no thoughts of suicide since I started celexa. I took this drug with wellbutrin and became violent because wellbutrin can make you angry with increased doses, so I'm off wellbutrin. Thank God for my introduction to celexa after an intervention from a group of friends and my introduction to my Dr. Thanks it changed my life."

Handywoman (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...