User Reviews for Citalopram to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Celexa

Citalopram has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 75% of those users who reviewed Citalopram reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Citalopram Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

hkennyboi December 30, 2020

“A night and day transformation for me”

Phillo · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2020

“I have been on citalopram for only 7 weeks but the improvement in my mood, anxiety, and outlook has been amazing. My sleep routine has improved also. I have no urge at present for any destructive compulsive behaviour, drink, sexual promiscuity, gambling. I am far more calm and measured. It's been an absolute revelation”

Stella · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2020

“I've been on citalopram for about 4 years but just lately it has caused fit like symptoms so I've left it alone to see what happens and I will get prozac and try it out”

Naomi July 17, 2020

“I have BPD which makes me feel emotions to an extreme extent. I got bad to the point everyday I was crying couldn’t get out of bed or go out the house had anxiety over anything and everything was having panic episodes and intrusive thoughts, hearing voices all I just didn't want to go on really couldn’t see a way out, decided to take citalopram (have been on it before and it worked wonders). I am day 3 this medicine always works straight away for me despite the doctor saying give it a month until it works properly. Since taking it I feel calm and happy none of the bad emotions have come up, a little anxiety came up but I only felt it mildly then it left. The first time I went on this medication it took my appetite and weight loss, hot flushes and was sleeping nearly all the time for the first month. This time I haven’t had any side effects at all it’s only day 3 but I feel amazing am getting out of bed early and getting on with my day, happy to go outside and Be in the world. My dose is 20mg”

Poetic_Angel · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2020

“I take Citalopram 10mg to manage depression/anxiety along with 25mg of Lamictal for impulsivity/rage associated with Borderline personality disorder BPD. I find this combination is the first that has been effective in treating my symptoms (rage, depression, obsessive-compulsive thinking). I'm also taking B and D vitamins because I was deficient, which added to the frequency of depression and rage. This is a great combination for me so far (3 weeks in). This is the first time in 3 years I haven't had an episode in over 3 weeks!”

WorkingOnIt2 July 13, 2016

“I have dosed at 20mg and 10mg and I've found that 10mg works best for me. I started taking cit after getting divorced to deal with anxiety (I have PTSD and my ex exacerbated this with stalking). If I take it on an empty stomach it can give me nausea but a banana or something simple fixes this. It will give me a mild headache about an hour after taking but that doesn't last long. I do not take any other meds or herbs. I am a white female over 50. On 20 mg I felt so "relaxed" I tended to spend money I shouldn't. I dosed down to keep that in check. It helps me manage single parenting stress and reduces angry reactions in stressful situations. Other than the light headaches and mild temporary nausea, no other side effects.”

maddiethill · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2018

“Started with 20mg for a 18 year old female experiencing depression and anxiety mainly based from a BPD diagnosis. Noticed a positive change in my depression after about 2 weeks but not much change in my anxiety. I went up to 40mg after my first month and it really helped my anxiety as well. Didn’t make me feel “numb” like most other antidepressants and I still felt like myself!”

Speed292 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2017

“Terrible experience with this drug. Made mood swings hell of alot worse after only a few weeks. This put me off treatment for a while.”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder