User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Reviews for Citalopram to treat Bipolar Disorder

"It knocks out extreme sadness for me. But I still get the lack of motivation and energy when it comes around. I'm bipolar 1."

O K Here Abouts November 4, 2015

"I was originally prescribed this for Major Depressive Disorder and Generalised Anxiety Disorder. At 20mg it didn't help at all, but once raised to 40mg and combined with an anti-psychotic (to prevent manic episodes) it worked well for 5 - 6 months. Unfortunately it stopped working completely, quite out of the blue, and neither myself, other half or medical professionals could figure out why. It was a shame as I had virtually no side-effects on this medication, just some 'bruxing' (teeth grinding) at night, but not to the point where my jaw ached or anything."

WhichMed (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2015

"It's worked well with Topamax and if needed Xanax. The best combination. Since I was diagnosed bipolar at 15. Withdrawals are bad if I forget to take it."

polar queen January 5, 2015

"It calms me sometimes but my sex life is not there. It helps me sleep but I still have daily ups and downs lighter but not gone, never know what my day will be still. Thoughts have not gone at all."

scoobiemobile (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2012

Celexa (citalopram): "Celexa worked really well for me, in terms of stabilizing my mood. I actually felt really happy and thought with clarity for once! But I had to stop taking it because the side effects are just extremely unpleasant. I wasn't able to achieve an erection and if I did I wasn't able to orgasm. I also had this sedated like feeling. My body temperature would increase. But I also felt emotionless at the same time if that makes any sense. I found it hard to respond to my partners emotions. Everything was just on a cloud for me. Someone could have insulted me and I would have been alright with it."

Killer Whales September 29, 2011