User Reviews for Citalopram to treat Hot Flashes

Also known as: Celexa

Citalopram has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Hot Flashes. 57% of those users who reviewed Citalopram reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Citalopram Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Hot Flashes.

Meno · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

“Have been taking citalopram 10mg daily for disruptive hot flushes for 4 months. Still have hot episodes but they are not disruptive and I sleep through the night every night. Before taking citalopram I had been waking up drenched. No noticeable side effects. Very happy.”

InvertedTriangle · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 12, 2019

“Have been on 10mg Citolopram for a year now. Was prescribed it by my Doctor after I'd had 3 months of interrupted sleep due to nightly hot flushes accompanied with overwhelming anxiety at the same time. The first few days on it were weird, felt out of it, nauseous but so glad I persevered because I rarely have a hot flush now and sleep like a baby!! The anxiety disappeared overnight as well.”

Cjene · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2017

“I menopausal with bad Anxiety in mornings, with shakes, hot flashes and depression. I started on the Generic Celexa 10mg first seven days at night, which helped me sleep, dry mouth and diarrhea, then took 20mg and on day three on that, anxiety gone, think clearly, depression lifted, energy again and no more hot flashes. No constant worry some thoughts that ruled my brain. I won't come off this again.”

G Smith · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2016

“I was having a lot of trouble sleeping due to constant hot flashes for months. I felt exhausted all day and at night fall asleep then wide awake an hour later kicking covers off and on. Dr. recommended low dosage and after a few jittery days I was sleeping most of the night and feeling rested in the morning. It's been almost a month and I am so happy to have found something that works. No more expensive supplements that don't even work.”

Yorkiemom11 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2016

“I have been taking citalopram HBR 10 mg for about a year. I have had more restfull nights than I have had in many years. Hot flashes have been reduced by 90 percent, none at night!! My anxiety is gone most of the time. So far so good. I don't know what long term use will do to my organs. I haven't found a lot of information on long term use. Over all very happy with this medication!!”

Nafah August 22, 2016

“Sweating that I could not stand clothes on. No sleep. Hallucinations B/P way over 250/ 135 crazy was hospitalized and test run doctors are stumped , I read on the drug but was not enough information as this has given me. not taking it tomorrow. and seeing my Cardiologist on Thurs. They did not prescribe it my GP did ,as I had lost my beloved husband of 57 /1/2 years and my children all are out of town,and have all new and busy neighbors, was put on Lexapro a couple of weeks before my husband passed away and had no problems.”

ToyLady000 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 28, 2016

“I have been on Citralopram for a few years now. I am currently enduring the worst hot flashes I have ever had. Citralopram does nothing for me other than mute my emotions.”

Supzi April 30, 2017

“Prescribed 20mg for hot flushes. Took for 5 days as side effects were terrible - nausea, dry mouth and by third day feeling low in mood and apethetic. My vertigo has also returned with a vengeance!!”

Learn more about Hot Flashes