User Reviews for Acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine

Also known as: Excedrin, Excedrin Migraine, Migraine Relief, Excedrin Extra Strength, Goody's Headache Powders, Backaid Inflammatory Pain Formula, Pamprin Max Menstrual Pain Relief, Goody's Extra Strength, Arthriten, Bayer Migraine Formula, Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders, ConRx Pain Reliever, Genace, Migraine Formula, Anacin Advanced Headache Formula, Arthriten Inflammatory Pain Formula, PainAid Extra-Strength Formula, CVS Extra Strength Headache Relief Medique Pain-Off Vanquish Extra Pain Relief …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 366 ratings on Drugs.com. 61% of those users who reviewed Acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Migraine
6.9
Pain/Fever
Osteoarthritis
Summary of Acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine reviews 7.0 366 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine

Mimi · Taken for 10 years or more April 28, 2021

Goody's Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Love GOODYS .”

Donnahc April 16, 2021

Goody's Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: “This is my only go to for headaches which I frequently keep. I have multiple a week and have depended on these packets for years. I do not like the new packaging. It’s hard to get it all out I have to blow in the end to open it up fighting to get the last little bit out. By that time and tasting the other that’s been hanging around in my mouth waiting for me to swallow. The consistency has changed and is gritty. Please bring back the old ones”

Kay · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2021

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: “I started using Excedrin Migraine in my twenties for migraines. I'm now 62 and continue to use it. It's a MIRACLE drug for me. I do get stomach upset from it, so try to take it with food. Can't take it around bedtime because I could never sleep (caffeine is in it). I take one pill. I took 2 once and the shakiness and anxiety were through the roof. I hope they never stop manufacturing this product.”

Anonymous February 21, 2010

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: “Like all medications I've ever taken, I followed the directions exactly ("take 2 caplets with a glass of water") and the product worked great, with no side effects. With regard to those complaining that the product was ineffective or gave you bad side effects, PLEASE read the following. Although Excedrin Migraine and Excedrin Extra Strength are the exact same product, it is vitally important to follow the Excedrin Migraine directions if you are taking the pills for a migraine, NOT the directions for Extra Strength Excedrin! Here's why. Many people have incorrectly assumed that because the two products are exactly the same, which they indeed are, that the directions are also the same. THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE. The reason that there is a separate product solely for migraines, and the FDA approved it solely for migraine use only, is because the amount you take for migraines is completely different than for general pain relief, including "regular" headaches. The reason Excedrin Migraine instructs you to take only 2 pills in 24 hours (vs 8 pills in 24 hours for Extra Strength Excedrin) is because taking more than 2 pills in 24 hours (for a migraine) is likely to cause rebound migraines for many people. In other words, taking more pills than the directions tell you to will make your migraine problem worse! You will note on the Excedrin Migraine package that the ONLY use for the product is "treats migraines." Think about that! The directions match that one usage and this is the reason the FDA approved the product. So if you have migraines and want to buy Extra Strength Excedrin, instead of Excedrin Migraine, that's totally fine, but be sure to follow the Excedrin Migraine directions! If you're taking the product for migraines and you take more than 2 pills in 24 hours, you can definitely except to experience the bad side effects that many people have talked about on this site! And keep in mind that although you should NEVER take more than 2 pills in 24 hours (if your using it for migraines), that doesn't mean you can't take just 1 pill in 24 hours. For some people, just 1 pill will get rid of your migraine. If 1 pill isn't working for you, then you can always take another one during each 24 hours. So less is fine, but more is a huge mistake. I hope I've made my point. Review sites in general tend to attract people who have bad things to say about a product. People who have a good experience with a product are much less likely to post their comments on a site like this. Why? Because angry people want to vent. This is not to say that some people who complain are insincere or haven't followed the directions of the product. There are always going to be people who a product just doesn't work for. But most people who properly follow the directions will not have bad results. Also, for migraines specifically, finding a product that truly gets rid of them can be very difficult for many people. It's trial and error. If one product doesn't work, you try another until you hopefully find one that does the trick. So a product not getting rid of your migraines is one thing, but having painful or uncomfortable side effects is another. Follow the directions and you most likely will never have the bad side effects. Whether it works to get rid of your migraine is a coin toss, but at least you won't have the bad side effects in most cases. I hope this helped. Good luck to all migraine sufferers. I know how awful they are.”

Elliot · Taken for 10 years or more August 26, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “It’s not just the new packaging it’s the formula it has changed and is horrible I’ve taken Goody's for 30 years . This is such a big disappointment .This company is going to sink fast !!!! This was a huge mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Mhenson 254 · Taken for 10 years or more January 12, 2020

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I do not like the new packaging of on the go, I had no issues with old style, but do with new style, powder sticks inside has to be flicked and shaken to get out, also not sure you get as much as in old style but not sure about that part.”

Mitch44 · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “The new packaging stinks. Usually a large portion of the powder gets stuck in the bottom of the packet. When that happens instead on one clean dose in the back of your throat, now it dribbles out onto the tongue (which is a very bitter tasting ordeal). When the old pack emptied in to the rear of the throat there was minimal issue with bitterness. This is something that was not broken and did not need fixing. . What idiot thought this was a good idea? I have used Goody's Powder for decades. I am going elsewhere.”

Lisa · Taken for 10 years or more February 17, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I have take Goody powders for 25 years for back pain. I love the product but hate the new packages. It makes it harder to take. I have always heard if it ain't broke don't fix it. You should have left it alone.”

Ricky · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Love the Goody's Powder extra strength but I'm disliking these new power packets. The powder sticks to the package and in the corners. This new package was the worst thing the company could have ever done. Yes the new package allows you to carry individual packs with you but are more of a hassle to get the powder out of the package than it's worth. Bring back the original packets or sell both side by side and let the consumer decide. Contemplating finding a new over the counter headache medicine.”

Jim · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “SOOOO nice to see that EVERYone is in agreement on this! I've actually been driving around, snatching up all of the old packaging Goody's I can find. I just ran out a few days ago, and had to resort to buying the new crappy packaging. I actually held on to one of the old-style waxed envelopes, and I'll pour the contents from the new packaging into the OLD-style wax envelope, and THEN take the powder! I will now officially add MY voice to "the choir".... BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING! PLEASE!!!!!”

New Goody's pack hater February 12, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Thought I was the only one experiencing issues w/the new packaging. After taking (opps excuse me "trying" to take it) I find myself opening it the SAME WAY as the old package was designed. The powder doesn't come out completely; it's super annoying. NOT a fan...at all...Even wrote the company directly, but no response. "If it ain't broke..."”

mee · Taken for 10 years or more April 10, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Powders don't seem to work as well as before, because you can not - I said can not get all the powder out of these NEW go-packs. They SUCK no one likes them, your sales will drop to nothing if you do not bring back the old package.”

Nick May 3, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Will be looking for an alternative that has not gone to this type packaging. Goody's was my go-to for many years. The new packaging is beyond annoying. With the original paper, you could get the medicine on the back of the tongue - away from the bitter taste buds. As all the other reviews, powder gets stuck in the corner and goes all over your tongue. Not convenient, not broken, why mess it up?”

RUE · Taken for 10 years or more August 17, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I am so happy to see that I am not the only one that thinks this new packaging is a scam. Half the meds go in the trash. Waste of money. Waste of time. Even Dale Earnhardt jr as a sponsor. Just makes him look like a big fat liar. And so many in the south love and trust him. Huge disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 20 years of using Goodies. I will NEVER buy this product again. Advil will be my new love. At least with a tablet I know I am getting the whole med. Not just half.”

Alabama October 4, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I hope that the Prestige Brands Company gets their heads out of their . butts and changes back to the old packaging. I for one am searching for another product that is more user friendly. Listen to the users!”

Jeanne · Taken for 10 years or more December 11, 2019

Excedrin (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Osteoarthritis: “Excedrin is the ONLY pill I have found that can take away the osteoarthritis pain in my lower back (doc says its lower back is disintegrating at my age 79. Also takes away aches and pains from muscles since I am heavy gardener. It has been the ONLY way I can stop headaches, and nearly all aches and pains. So grateful that it is on the market. It has saved me from a painful life.”

Missy · Taken for 10 years or more August 14, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Packaging sucks! It sticks to the sides so you have to use more ( maybe that's the catch). It also gets wet from the sides of your mouth and clumps up. I have used this product for 20 years but this will be my last box.”

hexdude24 October 1, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Agreed. I hate the new "Stick Packs." I think they call it that because the powder "sticks" in the pack. This is another example of some marketing department that has never actually used the product it promotes. When I am forced to buy these, I dump the powder into the old wraps and take those with me.”

annoyed · Taken for 10 years or more March 28, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I have used Goodys for at least 30 years & have never found another product that works as good, UNTIL NOW. The new packaging is the most annoying thing ever & I agree with everyone else's comments that either the formula has changed or there isn't the same amount in the packs as before because 1 or 2 of them used to work great for headaches & now I can take them all day long & still have a headache. SOMETHING is different about them, other than the new annoying packs! Maybe a generic brand will come out & use the old packaging & will make a fortune!!!”

EranLouise · Taken for 10 years or more March 7, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I have been taking Goodys for 15+ years. They have been the only thing that has ever helped my headaches. When they introduced the new packaging I was happy because I thought it would be easier. Well, it's not and they don't work as good. My husband thought I was crazy until I stumbled upon this post. I have a box of the older powders in my car and I noticed today that it has SO much more powder and it actually worked. I'm so bummed :(”

Turk · Taken for 10 years or more August 19, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “The new packaging is horrible! Absolutely horrible! I have tried several methods to dispense the product, and there isn't a good way! Plus, I am not convinced it is the same formulation. PLEASE bring back the old packaging! Been using Goody's for 40 years, and I am about to stop as soon as I can't find the other.”

Turbo July 21, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Wait...I get it!..Goody’s are changing TO an ineffective, aggravating, irritating, less effective product that long time customers praise, in exchange for what some millennial jackass in advertising thinks is a good idea. Brilliant! After using Goody’s for five decades (they were 22 cents when I found them) I can only hope that this is a way they have devised to see how many users they actually have. Good work! Not! Say, ...an ad with the plethora of pissed off long-time customers storming the gates of Goody’s factory because their headache is killing them - may bring sales back up to pre-stupidity levels. If we wanted placebo headache relief, we would have been buying something else.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more September 30, 2012

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: “I have had migraines for almost 40 years. I have the type where I lose my central vision and have a halo effect for appx 45 minutes, then horrible pain sets in, and throw up for several hours. This will last for appx 8 hours, then the pain eases off and lingers for almost two days. I usually ended up at the hospital where I have had Demerol, Imitrex, etc, which did not work. One day I lost my vision, and tried Excedrin Migraine. This stopped the migraine cold. Never before had any medication even slightly reduced my pain and nausea. This was 14 years ago. I take two as soon as I start to lose my vision, wait until the halo effect subsides, then I can go about my day. Excedrin Migraine returned my life to me.”

Nan · Taken for 10 years or more August 15, 2018

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “Love Goody Powders .. It's a 10'. But, I hate the new packaging it's a ZERO. Please go back to the original. I've tried 4-5 different ways to open it and not successful getting into the groove with it. I have PsA arthritis and this packaging just doesn't work for me. I really hope you will consider your customers needs. PLEASE!! Go back to the foldout. Thank you(~.~)”

Vahe · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 7, 2019

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Migraine: “Hello everyone I have had migraines for over 8 years now, I am 28 years old male. 5 years ago I went to gas station at 4 am to grab some kind of pain reliever as I was having a migraine and saw the Excedrin Migraine pill. I tried and my life changed since. Start with 1 pill and see how long does it take into effect. I usually take 1 pill when I feel a little pain (just means I am gonna have a bad migraine soon) if the migraine pain is already there I take two For me at least it takes 30 -45 minutes and no pain.”

sluffy · Taken for 10 years or more July 25, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “The new packaging is the worst and the product has changed and is very very grainy almost like crushed up glass. It probably scratches my organs on the way down my throat. To the makers of goodys, you screwed up!”

XCustomer December 2, 2018

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I have used Goodies for over 50 years and have loved the product. My wife is Chinese and we took a box with us to China one year. Her friends and family tried the product and went crazy for it. I literally had to send dozens of boxes as gifts when we returned to the states. Unfortunately, I guess all good things come to an end. I, like almost 100% of their loyal customers, can not stand the new packaging. It is impossible to get all of the medication out of the pack and I believe they have reduced the amount of the dosage as well. I think that they did it to make their product tamper-proof. A suggestion, if Goodies actually reads these reviews, would be to make the box itself tamper-proof and go back to the old sleeves that have worked for generations. Good Lord, don't you guys test these things before you dump something like this on your loyal customers. You have to know how bad this is and how dangerous it is going to be to your bottom line. WAKEUP GOODIES !”

Suzie · Taken for 10 years or more February 7, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine) for Pain/Fever: “I've used Goody's for many years, and have always felt relief within 15 to 20 minutes. However, with the new on the go packaging they don't seem to work as fast or give me as much relief. The new packs are very hard to get all of the powder out of, and it seems as if there isn't the same amount in them as the old packaging. I almost feel like using BC's because they still have the same type of package. I love goody's for my pain, but absolutely can't stand buying them anymore with the new ones. Please bring back the old packaging!”