User Reviews for Acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine to treat Migraine

Also known as: Excedrin, Excedrin Migraine, Migraine Relief, Excedrin Extra Strength, Goody's Headache Powders, Genace, Migraine Formula, Arthriten, Pamprin Max Menstrual Pain Relief, Backaid Inflammatory Pain Formula, Arthriten Inflammatory Pain Formula, Vanquish, Bayer Migraine Formula, Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders, ConRx Pain Reliever, Goody's Extra Strength, Anacin Advanced Headache Formula, PainAid Extra-Strength Formula CVS Extra Strength Headache Relief Medique Pain-Off Extra Pain Relief …show all brand names

Acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 200 ratings for the treatment of Migraine. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 131 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine

Anonymous February 21, 2010

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Like all medications I've ever taken, I followed the directions exactly ("take 2 caplets with a glass of water") and the product worked great, with no side effects. With regard to those complaining that the product was ineffective or gave you bad side effects, PLEASE read the following. Although Excedrin Migraine and Excedrin Extra Strength are the exact same product, it is vitally important to follow the Excedrin Migraine directions if you are taking the pills for a migraine, NOT the directions for Extra Strength Excedrin! Here's why. Many people have incorrectly assumed that because the two products are exactly the same, which they indeed are, that the directions are also the same. THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE. The reason that there is a separate product solely for migraines, and the FDA approved it solely for migraine use only, is because the amount you take for migraines is completely different than for general pain relief, including "regular" headaches. The reason Excedrin Migraine instructs you to take only 2 pills in 24 hours (vs 8 pills in 24 hours for Extra Strength Excedrin) is because taking more than 2 pills in 24 hours (for a migraine) is likely to cause rebound migraines for many people. In other words, taking more pills than the directions tell you to will make your migraine problem worse! You will note on the Excedrin Migraine package that the ONLY use for the product is "treats migraines." Think about that! The directions match that one usage and this is the reason the FDA approved the product. So if you have migraines and want to buy Extra Strength Excedrin, instead of Excedrin Migraine, that's totally fine, but be sure to follow the Excedrin Migraine directions! If you're taking the product for migraines and you take more than 2 pills in 24 hours, you can definitely except to experience the bad side effects that many people have talked about on this site! And keep in mind that although you should NEVER take more than 2 pills in 24 hours (if your using it for migraines), that doesn't mean you can't take just 1 pill in 24 hours. For some people, just 1 pill will get rid of your migraine. If 1 pill isn't working for you, then you can always take another one during each 24 hours. So less is fine, but more is a huge mistake. I hope I've made my point. Review sites in general tend to attract people who have bad things to say about a product. People who have a good experience with a product are much less likely to post their comments on a site like this. Why? Because angry people want to vent. This is not to say that some people who complain are insincere or haven't followed the directions of the product. There are always going to be people who a product just doesn't work for. But most people who properly follow the directions will not have bad results. Also, for migraines specifically, finding a product that truly gets rid of them can be very difficult for many people. It's trial and error. If one product doesn't work, you try another until you hopefully find one that does the trick. So a product not getting rid of your migraines is one thing, but having painful or uncomfortable side effects is another. Follow the directions and you most likely will never have the bad side effects. Whether it works to get rid of your migraine is a coin toss, but at least you won't have the bad side effects in most cases. I hope this helped. Good luck to all migraine sufferers. I know how awful they are.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more September 30, 2012

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I have had migraines for almost 40 years. I have the type where I lose my central vision and have a halo effect for appx 45 minutes, then horrible pain sets in, and throw up for several hours. This will last for appx 8 hours, then the pain eases off and lingers for almost two days. I usually ended up at the hospital where I have had Demerol, Imitrex, etc, which did not work. One day I lost my vision, and tried Excedrin Migraine. This stopped the migraine cold. Never before had any medication even slightly reduced my pain and nausea. This was 14 years ago. I take two as soon as I start to lose my vision, wait until the halo effect subsides, then I can go about my day. Excedrin Migraine returned my life to me.”

Vahe · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 7, 2019

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Hello everyone I have had migraines for over 8 years now, I am 28 years old male. 5 years ago I went to gas station at 4 am to grab some kind of pain reliever as I was having a migraine and saw the Excedrin Migraine pill. I tried and my life changed since. Start with 1 pill and see how long does it take into effect. I usually take 1 pill when I feel a little pain (just means I am gonna have a bad migraine soon) if the migraine pain is already there I take two For me at least it takes 30 -45 minutes and no pain.”

Not worth it for me - · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2013

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I can no longer take this medicine because it throws me into horrible anxiety attacks that mess with my blood pressure, make me dizzy, lightheaded and lethargic. Not to mention, an overall FEAR I am dying. These do get rid of the migraine for me but the effects are just not worth it. I used to be able to take it with no problem but not anymore. The anxiety, high blood pressure, and overall feeling of dying caused me to trash them so the temptation would not be there to subject myself to them anymore. I'm going to have to find another way of dealing with the headaches. Everyone is different, what their bodies can tolerate varies.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2018

Excedrin (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I had the worst experience taking Excedrin for the first time. I ended up in the hospital shortly after due to having a bad reaction to the caffeine in this medicine. My heart began racing and jumped to 130 bpm and kept rising. I began feeling faint and was rushed to the hospital. Although my migraine went away, it was not a pleasant experience. Be aware if you are sensitive to caffeine.”

Candy · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I've been suffering from debilitating migraines for 5 years. I see auras first, to the point I can't even see out of one or both of my eyes. Once the flashing lights go away the pain comes and it's so excruciating I vomit. I've tried aspirin, ibuprofen, and Goodys powders... finally today I almost wrecked while driving when I couldn't see because a migraine was coming on. I pulled into the CVS and asked the pharmacist what I should take. It was the last resort before going to the ER. He said Excedrin. I'm now back at home typing this review!!!!! I can't believe it. All I'm experiencing is pressure, but no pain. I can live with migraines. I don't have to be down for 4 hours when I have kids to take care of. Thank you so much Excedrin!!!!!”

Dillydilly · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 26, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Have used for a long time for headaches and pain and it WAS the only thing that helped. Since the package change, it doesn't work as long or as well. Really hate the change, and miss the original dosage of medicine.”

Troubled Teen May 4, 2014

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I've had migraines about once a month for a couple years, sometimes more often. I'm a teenager, so when I would get my migraines I was physically unable to get out of bed, and would have to miss multiple days of school and make up work. Three months ago I went to my doctor because my previous medication wasn't working. She recommended Excedrin Migraine, and my grades have shot through the roof. I take Excedrin as soon as the vision halos set in, and after 20-45 of the halos, when the migraine would normally set in, instead of an excruciating headache, I get a minor tingling sensation in my head instead, which doesn't bother me at all, actually kind of feels nice. I would recommend Excedrin Migraine to anyone!”

Parker · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I had a very bad reaction. My stomach burning, cramping and feeling Nauseated very ill to the point I had to go to Urgent Care . Now it’s going on 4 days feeling sick be glad when this gets out of my system never ever take this again.”

Migraines :( · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2020

Excedrin (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I’ve had a migraine for about 4 days now. It was helping in the beginning, but I took it and now my heart rate is sky rocketing. I feel dizzy and can’t fall asleep. I’m hoping this goes away soon, it is a very odd sensation. It kept me up all night. I just want to sleep! :(”

WhyChangeAGreatProduct? · Taken for 10 years or more January 22, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I'm 57, and had been using Goody's Headache Powders for my chronic headaches for over 35 years. They helped me reign-in MANY a budding Migraine (in the bud)-- before it had a chance to escalate. I recommended them to EVERYBODY!!! However, the formula has clearly, (recently) been changed as it now TASTES different (leaves a strange, chemical aftertaste); and NO LONGER works on my headaches. [My husband noticed the SAME thing!] Whatever they changed, it's made the product as ineffective as their competition's-- BC Powders. Sadly, this drastic difference seemed to occur at the same time Goody's began using the awkward new packaging, which makes it more difficult to access the powders (because it doesn't tear easily)-- causing unnecessary spillage & frustration! As a loyal Goody's customer, I MUST agree with what others have already said: "IF it's NOT broken, DON'T 'FIX' it!"”

Charleesmum · Taken for 10 years or more February 17, 2013

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I have been dealing with migraines and hormonal headaches for over 20 years. I've tried all the prescription medications which did nothing to alleviate the pain and nausea which usually lasted for 4-5 days for me. Excedrin Migraine has significantly improved my quality of life. I was devastated when it went off the market for almost a year. I find the new ones an improvement. I am so thrilled however I'm concerned that I may be taking too many which may cause liver damage. I take on average about 2-4 daily.”

Kim · Taken for 10 years or more April 24, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I've been taking goody powders for many years for every pain, I've ever had I'm 58 years old this next best thing to a prescription drug I love(d) my Goody's, but I don't like the new package, I can't get all the powder out please change back.!!!!! I use the regularly”

Nikiblue · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2020

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “My husband and I dislike the new on the go packs. All of the powder doesn't come out so you end up having to tear it completely down both sides to lick or tap the remaining powder out. Every single time. It's annoying. The old packaging was better.”

Koko Matos December 4, 2007

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I suffered of migranes for years therefore I took many otc products, I also had prescriptions, such as old Caffergot. Nothing did work to relief me of such headaches. One of those days, a friend recommended me Excedrine Migraine. Since then, I am the happiest person in this world. As soon as I feel the ache coming, there goes one caplet....wait about 15 minutes and that is it. I do recommend Excedrine Migraine To any person who suffers from Migraine. THANKS A LOT”

Migraine Sufferer :( January 3, 2015

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I have gotten migraines since I was 3 and I would get mild headaches to intense migraines basically every day for a good 4 years. I tried everything and Excedrin Migraine works so well and fast! I actually just took some like 40 minutes ago and the pain has subsided enough to write this review! This medicine honestly changed my life!”

Tony · Taken for 10 years or more October 7, 2018

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Have used Goodys powders for 40 plus years. I have complained to the manufacturer about the on-the-go packs and received a very matter of fact message that this is the way they decided to package now and have no thoughts of returning to the tried and true packaging. I guess they did not do very good testing before deciding this was a good for the consumer. They apparently do not want to hear the packaging complaints.”

Jacqueline · Taken for 10 years or more September 30, 2018

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Have used Goody's Extra Strength powders for almost 50 years but wish they would not have changed the packaging. Feel like I am wasting my money as the powder gets stuck in the bottom of the package. You can tear in half and still not get all of the powder out...NOT happy with the change..”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2015

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I've taken these pills twice and each time I have had very bad anxiety attacks. I was mostly concentrating on the sensation of floating and nothing being real to check if I still had a headache. I don't know if it was because I took these at night, but nevertheless, I will probably never take these again because the attacks are terrifying. I'm not saying this wouldn't work for some other person but I'm putting this up to warn people. I thought it was just my anxiety acting up but then I read other reviews. Please, people with anxiety, take caution.”

Hogsmoker August 25, 2018

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “10........on product 2..... on new packet I am a long time (30 yr) customer of Goody's and am fully satisfied with the product but the NEW PACKAGE has got to GO!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried several different ways to open them and take the powder but have not yet to be successful in doing so with out either dumping it on my face or not being able to get most of the powder out without a lot of fuss. I like the idea of the enclosed packet but it just not working.”

Sue · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 4, 2019

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I have a love/hate relationship with this medication. I've had migraines since I was a child, but I also have anxiety. This is the only medication that takes my migraines away. However, it can also cause anxiety/panic symptoms, especially lightheaded feeling and fast heartbeat. I only take one with food and a lot of water. So it's either deal with the pain, or uncomfortable anxiety symptoms for awhile.”

Martijn · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “It’s really unbelievable to me that a company can really destroy their unique and proven product/packaging concept like they did with changing the Goody powder packaging. They must not have done any solid market research! This must be going down in history as one of the worst marketing decision ever! There is really nothing good about the new packaging, the old style was unique, worked wonderful and had a solid and steady following of loyal customers (including myself) I’m really curious if there will be an apology of the manufacturer and if and when they will bring back the “old” style packaging?”

LatinaJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 22, 2019

Excedrin Migraine (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Excedrin migraine is the only thing that works for my migraines. Because I try my best not to take medicine I will do everything to not take a pill unless I have to . Because I’ve learned that sometimes headaches come from dehydration I try my best to gulf down bottles of water . In this instance I lasted 3 days without taking medicine . I couldn’t take it no more . Soo finally took 2 Excedrins and within an hour I’m already feeling relief . This medicine is really a miracle medicine for me . Thank you !”

Gigi · Taken for 10 years or more April 21, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “I have used Goody powders for over 30 years and I have to say that the new packaging is the worst idea you could have came up with, also I have compared the powder in the new and old and there is a lot more in the old packs, I'm going to have to discontinue the use of your product as I see it isn't the same anymore. Bye Felicia, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!! Frustrated in Georgia!!!!!”

BMedd · Taken for 10 years or more August 11, 2019

Goody's Extra-Strength Headache Powders (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine): “Not only did they reduce the amount in the packs but lots of the powered gets stuck in the corners of the packs and I can’t get it out. Been waiting impatiently for the old packs to return. Maybe they will but until then I’ll be using Excedrin Migraine. Works almost as well for me just not as fast as the old Goody’s. Y’all screwed this one up!”

Learn more about Migraine