User Reviews for Trazodone

Headache
2.5

Summary of Trazodone reviews 6.9 897 reviews

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "Puts me right to sleep."

greeneyes52 July 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "Be very careful with this medication. I was given it for insomnia but after 10 minutes, I became very dizzy, with palpitations, dry mouth, stuffed up nose. Within 30 minutes I had extreme diarrhoea, vomiting and had to lay down on the bathroom floor to stop me fainting. Later, looking on the internet, I read that it shouldn't really be mixed with other anti-depressants - I take escitalopram. Let's just say the throwing up and diarrhoea etc didn't help me sleep."

Kayki (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have very good results with little side effects. My sleep & overall quality of life has improved substantially."

Chatzgt (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Sedation: "Wow I almost died from this drug - when I first took it it worked wonderful -until it’s gave me non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. I went off of it and then a few years later went back on it then caused my blood sugar to skyrocket and then drop real low causing me to wake up in he middle of the night not being able to breath and having panic attacks. I thought that I was dying from some other disease as my blood sugars rose to 284 and then dropped to 40 until I stopped it and then a year later went back on it and the same exact thing happened. It also messed up my vision. So this drug basically caused NAFLD, pre-diabetes, severe blood sugar imbalances, worsening insomnia, and panic attacks. I will never use this again."

Laur (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have really bad nightmares and sleep walk and talk. Since I've been on this medication I sleep soundly. I still have nightmares occasionally but mostly my dreams are just really weird. In the last like 5 months I've only had one horrible nightmare. And oh my was it bad. I missed my meds that night. One downfall for me is I get tummy aches after I take it at night. I usually eat with it but my tummy is just upset. This is a new side effect. I thought I'd leave a review because what the heck why not!"

Mickey (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "This doesn’t work at all."

No sleep (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I am 61 and suddenly found myself not being able to fall asleep. At first I managed to sleep for a few hours and then suddenly not at all, up all night and having to go to work the next day. After four days/nights of this I went to my GP and he prescribed Trazodone. He was very specific - 25 mgs two hours before bed. The first night as I was “Trazodone naive” and then increased to 50 mg the next night. The first night I slept three to four hours toward the morning. The second night I had a full eight hours of complete sound sleep. Have had no drowsiness or any other side effects yet. However, my GP also advised this was to be used as a short term method to get my sleep pattern back on track. He specified it was never meant to be increased more than 50 mgs for insomnia alone and never to be used for more than a few weeks."

Sparrow June 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "Been put on trazodone for anxiety, depression, panic attacks, and insomnia. Initially on 50 mg it helped with sleep and calmed nerves but for some reason felt irritable. I was then upped to 100 mg and am now having constant awful headaches, I now know why I was feeling irritable"

ejp (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Insomnia: "I made a valiant effort in resolving myself in the fact that this was the medication that my Dr was adamant about using. I was none too happy with all the side effects, especially since I was only going to be taking it for sleep ie not the primary use for this drug. I've had a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE on trazadone! If you go thru the side effects, I've probably got the majority of them. It is not very helpful for insomnia alone. I feel that there are way too many issues taking it for sleep when there are actually newer and better medications on the market for that condition."

Tdog (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have tried EVERY RX available for severe insomnia. Trazadone really helped for the first 20 months. Started with 50mg, however as the months have gone by my tolerance increased as I am now taking a lot and not sleeping all the way through the night. Will talk to my primary next week to try something new. No side effects for me ever."

tuffmate (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "This drug is very... interesting. Most nights it takes about an hour to kick in, other times more, sometimes less, and sometimes it doesn't work at all (though about 90% of the time it works). Once it kicks in, it hits me like a train. I'm absolutely exhausted and MUST go to bed right away, and I'll be out within 5-10min. I'm completely out during the night and actually have very vivid and enjoyable dreams. I did have issues with being drowsy the next day for a few days, but then that stopped. Out of all the sleep meds I've tried, this is the only one that has stayed effective where I didn't have to keep upping the dosage. I was at 50mg for 5 months, then upped to 100mg just because I had a lot going on in life and needed a little more. But absolutely no complaints, love this drug and I sleep like a normal person now!"

Tulip02 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 10, 2018

For Sedation: "I have a high tolerance to any medication and I am taking 150mg each day. I still have insomnia. I stopped taking trazadone because it did not work for me."

Llo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I was taking trazodone for depression but it didn't help me at all. I slept a bit better, however my depression has worsened."

Georgie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2018

For Insomnia: "Trazodone made me throw up nonstop. It was terrible. I didn't sleep because I was throwing up so much!"

Momma416 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Sedation: "On my 5th day of trazodone, jittery at times. Started sleeping, then it stopped. Most people say it takes 10 days to work, so I am hanging in there. Removed depression fast, but heard this drug can give you Euphoria also. Need my sleep, so will give it a few more days..."

Katy (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "I’m going through menopause and this helps me fall asleep better than anything else I’ve tried and my Dr told me it’s not addictive"

tgmommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "I started taking 50 mg at night for sleep. I was told that for anxiety/ depression, the therapeutic dose is much higher. I disagree- I have noticed a difference, not just in my sleep, but in the way I think about things- more logically. Last night, I started to have extreme anxiety/ paranoia. I decided to take my dose early so I would be knocked out, ending the thoughts. It didn't knock me out- maybe it was too early to take it, or maybe I was too anxious. But it did help me calm down, think rationally, and I was able to focus more. I think it's great, If I'm tired and can't sleep, it knocks me out. If I don't need sleep and I'm getting anxiety, it calms me down and helps me think clearly- not like I'm high from from a benzo. I think this is a good med to try in different situations and see what / how/ when it works. Only bad thing: I skipped it one night, thinking because I had to be up earlier, I would be tired the next day. I had like a rebound effect- I was up ALL night.."

Krissy May 13, 2018

For Insomnia: "I’ve been on this for about 10 years now ! Just in the past year I’ve experienced considerable weight gain !!!"

DB (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2018

For Insomnia: "This tends to leave me very lethargic during the mornings, also I tend to have vivid nightmares, I have stopped using trazodone because of these two reasons."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "Been taking 100 mg a night for 4 years for insomia. Still works 7 out of 10 times. I have little or no morning hangover after a good 7 or 8 hours of sleep. Even skip a night now and then with no withdrawals. Remember people will have different reactions to Trazadone, this is just how it affects me."

Hailstormer (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "I'm VERY impressed with this medication and so grateful my doctor gave this to me. I take this primarily for insomnia, but also for moderate anxiety. There was a mild hangover effect in the first few weeks, but that subsided. The only thing that has really stuck around is I often feel dizzy when I stand up. This only came about once I started the medication and has been around ever since, so I'm pretty sure it's related. It only lasts a few seconds and then it's fine, but it can be annoying. But honestly it's still worth the amazing benefits. I was worried about building a tolerance to this medication as I've heard that can happen, however I've been on 50mg for 4 months now and the med still works great!"

Lovely1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Headache: "I took this medication for a few years for my migraines, I suffered from tremors, stomach issues, constipation, blurred vision and skin issues. Basically almost all of the side effects listed I suffered from. It was not till I missed two days did I know about the withdrawals which were very bad. I slowly weaned off this medication and for over six weeks dealt with withdrawals. After I stopped my headaches changed and are not as bad. I didn’t know my meds were making me sicker. While on it I was 50 lbs under weight and diagnosed with anorexia, for me the best was getting off this. My opinion is this is very bad for me. If you take this be sure not to ignore your feelings and issues you didn’t see prior to taking this.Just be careful..."

Meb54b May 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "I like the medication because it doesn't have many side effects. I hate the shape of this medication because I have gotten the pill stuck in my throat due to the sharp sides. Even cutting it the sides get sharper. Have they ever thought of making these pills a different shape?"

dodger58 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2018

For Depression: "I was prescribed trazodone for depression. I'm on 100 mg. Works for the depression and the bonus is that it helps me fall asleep fast. There is a slight "hangover" feeling in the morning but it disappears with my first cup of coffee."

Yooper (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "The side effects are horrible. I've been using 150 mg for 10 months. I cut back to 100 mg four weeks ago and haven't been able to get past the withdrawal. I'm so sorry I ever tried this."

Terri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018