User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 6 reviews 2 medications

Headache 4 reviews 246 medications

3.8
Summary of Trazodone reviews 639 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Trazodone

For Depression: "I'm on celexa 40 mg and my doctor add trazodone 50 mg, and I feel the difference. I feel a lot better, and happier, sleeping the whole night"

Gelly August 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have taken trazadone for years for sleep. I gradually went up to 200 mg!!!! I have tried every sleep medication under the sun,and NOTHING worked.it is non narcotic and NON habit forming. Great news because I am a recovering alcoholic. I stopped taken it for about 2 years, and now I'm on 50 mg. I was having terrible "night terrors" for years about hell and the devil, but when I was in rehab they suggested I take PZISORN more commonly known as " mini press". It is an old school med for blood pressure, rarely used for that purpose anymore. A side effect of the min press is that it helps tremendously with the night terrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask your dr. about it. You don't have to have high blood pressure at all to use it"

Banksybabe51 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am on 50mg of trazodone. I take as needed for sleep. I have always been an anxious person however the past six months I have had a lot of life changing events happen to me. I was put on 20mg of Lexapro, that helped with the anxiety however I could not sleep. I was given trazodone and it works great, I find when I am extremely anxious iit is not as effective. The only side effect I have is that I have very vivid dreams, I have always been the type that would have vivid dreams but the dreams I have when I am one trazodone are intense. When I wake up in the morning I sometimes contact the person I was dreaming about to see if it was real or just a dream. Doesn't bother me though."

Good Night Sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I take 50 mg nightly, and will continue to indefinitely, because I get 7-8 hours solid sleep. I never take it until I'm ready to lie down in bed. After a few minutes of reading, drowsiness sets in and I sleep soundly all night. My only complaint is that, even though I am aware of dreaming, I'm unable to remember them even after only seconds of waking. I'd like to remember my dreams, because they likely serve a purpose, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. For me, with severe insomnia for 20 years, it's been the only thing I could count on to work with no discernable side effects. A life-changer for me."

MissVicki August 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I love Traodone. I take 1 to 1-1/2 50mg tabs 30 mins before bedtime, watch the late news and I'm done for the night. It's just enough to take the edge off and give me a great nights sleep with absolutely no side effects. Occasionally I might wake up in the middle of the night, but it's super easy to go right back to sleep. Regarding dreams, I have them whether I take Trazodone or not. It's just so nice to be able to get right back to sleep if they wake me up. Highly recommend."

Got Sleep August 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone was useless for my sleep issues. It actually made my insomnia worse and caused debilitating anxiety which I found out after was probably due to the active metabolite of this drug which is a substance called mcpp which is very activating and is known to cause anxiety and panic attacks. I would urge anyone considering using this medication to research it in detail before deciding if the risks are worh the benefits."

Sigmundfriend August 17, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was given this medicine to help with sleep. I'm supposed to take one 50mg tab at bedtime, which I was doing. The doctor told me that it would make me groggy for a day or two. The first night I slept for two hours, woke up for two hours, then slept 14 straight hours. I assumed I slept that way since it had been a while since I had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. The next dose I slept off and on the whole night and following day. I couldn't function with this medicine. I kept taking it for a week and a half thinking my body just needed to adjust, it never did. The night I stopped taking it I slept four hours, but I was able to stay awake and function the following day"

Rrsh380 August 17, 2016

For Insomnia: "Been on Ambien for 10 years and it is not as effective any longer. Dr prescribed Trazodone. I took 100 mg and nothing. I took 150mg and again nothing. The third night I took 200 and it made me feel drugged. I also had a very dry mouth and nose stuffy. Waves of nausea and hot body temp all night. I did not sleep but felt out of it all night. Next day I am still foggy and no motivation. Will not take this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Sedation: "I got the prescription 2 years ago, I have for a long time 10 + years had a very irregular sleep pattern as my wife will say. So I don't like taking pills at all. So it took almost 18 months for me the try it. It works good. I actually get a restful nights sleep. I cut them in half so I can get them to last longer and I wake rather refreshed. I did take a whole one a while ago and was grocery after I woke. I think I went back to sleep and woke at 10 am. I usually go to bed before 10 pm. I am 55 300 5 10 . have thyroid problems. or no Thyroid any more. New hip last year New rotter cuff in 6 to 8 weeks I hope. I think it works great. I only use it one or two times a week. Hope this helps"

ackmac (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I love this medicine, nothing else worked as well and with no side effects. I have suffered from insomnia for years, until I started to take this. I wake up now, refreshed and ready for the day."

Mattsleeper August 12, 2016

For Depression: "I took trazodone last night...this morning I woke with an excruciating headache & throwing up. I was extremely dizzy & couldn't focus. I will not be taking this again ever... It feels awful."

Shesoulsweet August 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "Do NOT recommend this medication. It works to put me asleep, but the side effects for me are too much. I had awful vivid nightmares all night, and woke up with tears streaming down my eyes from the dream. My nose was running the next day and I felt like a cold was coming in. The most disturbing side-effect was the extreme fatigue that lasted the entire next day, to the point that I had to call in from work. I was so tired and everything ached. Will be consulting with my doctors asap."

Gingy58 August 10, 2016

For Sedation: "I was given trazodone by mistake in the hospital after hysterectomy. I normally take clonazepam for sleep and asked for that but was given trazodone instead. One of the worst nights of my life. I was anxious and unable to sleep and whenever I closed my eyes I had visions of gory dismembered body parts that would not go away (like a vision of hell or something, crazy). It went on all night long, never experienced that before. I only took it that one night in the hospital (didn't find out til later it was the wrong drug). Evil, evil drug. At least for me."

Wide Awake13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "I got prescribed this stuff for sleep. It did help me sleep a little better but it has given me consistant nightmares ever since day 1. I also have had a "brain fog" for weeks...Its a win win situation because its extremely good for sleeping and an antidepressent but the nightmares and inability to focus on anything weighs out the good. Going back to the doctor to try something else. i would reccomend this to someone for sleep but not for long if you have nightmares and brain fog."

Sleepy koala (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "None of you mention your Doctor's instructions on how to take Trazadone. I think the biggest problem I am reading about could be solved with the proper instruction. I was told to take it then turn off the lights and lie down,,,,Take it at bedtime... no tv or reading just take and lie down... It works and I feel rested."

DJayOh (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have taken ambien for 3 years. However my tolerance has built up and now it takes 3 to make me sleep. And I will be awake and not remember anything I have done or said. So my doctor switched me to trazodone 50mg. He said take 1 or 2 about 30 minutes before bed. So I took 1 and an hour later I was still wide awake so I took the second one. I closed my eyes and I felt paralyzed. I couldn't open my eyes or move. I got very congested. My mouth was so dry I could barely get my tongue of the roof of my mouth... I was finally able to move 2 hours later and got some water... still I could not sleep. I would close my eyes and my mind was going 90 to nothing... next day had horrible headache and felt awful... would not recommend this to anyone..."

DDnTab August 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "Tried everything for my insomnia, Belsomra, ambien, remeron, etc, nothing seemed to work. Finally my doctor said lets give Trazodone a try. I take 200mg and I finally slept well. Woke up the next day, no side effects, went to the gym and worked out."

moeee76 August 6, 2016

For Depression: "I started out on a quarter of a 50 mg Trazadone tablet every other night at bedtime. I did this for a week then increased to a quarter tab every night. After two nights of one quarter tablets I started waking with a stuffy nose and a headache. Morning 3, I was in a full blown migraine and had to take zomig. I have attempted this exact process 4 times now with weeks in between (no trazadone) to make sure it is a side effect of the medicine. Now, I am sure Trazadone is causing the headaches and I never have taken more than 1/4."

Ocaladee (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

For Insomnia: "I suffer from total insomnia. I was given Klonopin at first but it suddenly became ineffective. So I was put on Trazodone, 70 mgs one hour before bed time. I can rely on 6 hours of solid sleep with no or just a couple of awakenings. The drug kept working even during benzo withdrawal. The first week I took it my eyes were somehow dry, I could feel my blood pressure dropping while walking in the sun and a little hangover when awake. But the side effects disappeared soon. It even worked a little as antidepressant and I feel slightly more peaceful now. I rely on this drug for sleeping at the moment."

LightYagami (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

For Insomnia: "My physician wanted me to try trazadone as what I was taking before for sleep (apo-hydroxyzine) some new studies indicated cognitive impairment over the long term). I began with a half dose (25 mg). That didn't do anything. Last night I took the full dose of 50mg. My sleep, which was fairly decent, but not as restful as when I take hydroxyzine, was LOADED with awful, disturbing, dreams. I dreamt depression, sadness, violence, and at some point was crying in my sleep. I have never had this type of reaction before regarding dreams, so I'm not too impressed. Reading the side effects, I didn't have any dry mouth or anything other than that. Hydroxyzine (10mg) provides me with a better longer,overall sleep no bad dreams."

Eds Mom (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "Another toxic drug- BUT.... I rated Trazodone mid level because it has helped me get some resemblance of consistent sleep ( 2-3 hrs at times) that I likely would not otherwise have received without it. I have been on it for about 6-8 years, and have tried everything else known to man ( except odd street drugs) I am a 51 year old woman who strongly dislikes drugs to begin with. I was prescribed this after asking for " something to help me sleep" while I was in the hospital after surgery-after breaking down to my doctor because I was at my wits end, I was not sleeping-I was not I informed at the time this was an antidepressant! My body was already used to them "

Ravenrain (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "3/10 to help me sleep but had bad nightmares, broken sleep, felt drugged, lifeless and not motivation when I couldn't sleep any longer. Length of broken, vivid nightmare filled sleep approx 5 hrs. Throwing this Trazadone away. Days of use, only 3."

Rainclock1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

For Insomnia: "I hv suffered with insomnia for about a year. My doctor gave me this med 5 months ago and I finally decided to try it. Hvnt slept in 4 days. I was compleIy exhausted, I only took one 50mg tablet at bed time. within 10 minutes I was extremely dizzy,room started spinning and very nauseated. It was ten times worse than any hang over. I woke up still in same condition but now there is an added severe headache and horrible dry mouth. 24 hrs later U would think I'd feel better but No!!! Still hv the hangover and I feel like complete crap!!! Will this ever end??? I poured 29/30 pills n bottle, added bleach and disposed of them. I Will never suggest this medication to anyone or take it again myself. Worst side effects ever!!!"

Denise1023 July 28, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking trazadone 50mg for about 4 yrs...at first it worked great ...went right to sleep and woke only once a night...then it started to slowly not work...I didnt experience many side effects....but now in the past week have been not sleeping...getting up 5 times an night and a lot of nervousness and restless legs also crampy muscles...I am going back to doctor to seek other remedy's...just wondering if anyone else has gotten the irritability and nervousness..not being able to sit or lie still?"

sallygag July 28, 2016

For Depression: "I went to sleep but the next day I felt awful a headache and my nausea! Never again!"

Curtina July 27, 2016