User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 2 medications

Headache 3 reviews 245 medications

3.8
Summary of Trazodone reviews 608 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "I took Trazadone to get off ambien. Despite good reviews from other people, I had the worst reaction. A horrible taste in my mouth, similar to when I took Lunesta, but this started a couple of hours after I took it, dry dry cottonmouth, extremely thirsty, and hardly any sleep. I got up extremely congested and dinged out. I stopped taking it immediately."

LilMorongo July 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on and off TRAZADONE for months even years. Nothing but positive feelings from me sure it took tweaking the dose from 50 mg to current 150--300 nightly as my day " goes ,". Stress - wise. Most nights I get 5 or so peaceful hours sleep can wake to pee, go right back to sleep. No headache later. Bye"

Mary PhD (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2016

For Anxiety: "I can sleep finally. Great drug! I take 100 mg and Ill not go up to 150 like my dr said because Im sleeping good enough now. I take Zoloft in the morning and after almost 7 weeks I feel better and less anxious. I give it an 8 because I had low blood pressure the first few days and still have a bit hang over in the morning."

diana1971 July 6, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I started Trazadone 2 weeks ago and have had major side effects to the point I had to stop it! Severe muscle and joint pain, fibromyalgia (hurting everywhere on body), severe headaches, serious memory loss, dry eyes and sinus congestion, vivid dreams,dizziness, blurred vision! I stopped it yesterday and now everything has significantly improved, thank God!! I know this drug effects everyone differenty, but my husband tried it for his insomnia as well and he had the SAME symptoms. We both feel much better now.....hope this was helpful. I was taking 50mg and tried 100mg a couple times....Symptoms were getting worse each day."

Pumpkinfields (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "I take 50 mg. Of trazadone each night and usually have little to no awakenings throughout the night. I sleep 8 hours and wake fully rested. I'very had no side effects and would definitely recommend this medication to anyone having problems with sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "4 years ago I came down with massive anxiety which led to insomnia (still this way). My doctor started me off on 50mg a night. Didn't work. So...I was prescribed 100mg a night, not bad. Now I take 100-150mg a night and it does pretty good. Some nights, like tonight, I wake up and can't go back to sleep but won't take anymore as I would wake up with a migraine. I take Trazadone about 1/2 before bed but have to eat something small or I get dizzy quickly. When this works for me, usually 5x a week, I feel very rested and ready to go in the morning. I've tried several herbal and non herbals, over the counter and prescription drugs and this is the only one that had worked the best. Melatonin was a joke as I was WIRED off of it."

Tired Mommy July 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "I'm a 24 year old female and I began taking trazodone 6-7 months ago. I've taken 1 100mg pill every. Single. Night... . Because my insomnia is so chronic that I will go 10-12 days with hardly any sleep and can't function at work or school which is really Messing my life up. the only reason I started taking the trazodone was out of desperation and at first things were tolerable. Every night I take it it knocks me out within 20 mins exactly and even if I take it 10 hours before waking I STILL feel hungover , dizzy , tired , and groggy ALL day. No amount of coffee or espresso will fix this . 3 nights ago I took it as usual and was gasping for air and had to rush to ER from chest pain and shallow breathing. Nasty drug, don't form a habit on it"

Laurenb92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 28, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have suffered from insomnia for over 10 years, I have tried many drugs, develop a tolerance and switch drugs. None ever gave me more then 4 hours of sleep. I started trazadone about 6 weeks ago, I take 50 about 45 minutes before I go to bed and if I wake up I take another 25 and easily fall back to sleep. I have no effects in the morning and even feel better then I have in the past. I do sometimes feel a bit dizzy after taking it, but I know that may happen and plan for it."

Cloneslass (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "i have had an excellent results with trazodone. I take 50 mg at bedtime and fall asleep within minutes. i then sleep for about 7 hours. I wake up completely refreshed and ready to go. I am not groggy or tired when I wake up. I recommend trying it for insomnia and hopefully you will have the same results I have had."

not sleepless anymore! (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2016

For Sedation: "I have been taking trazadone for about 3 years now and I can't sleep with out it. Before taking the drug I would have "night terrors" that would last up to 3 hours about 4 times a week. These "terrors" would include crying, back arching, muscle tension, and join pain. I have not have a "terror" since I started trazadone. The best choice I ever made with my medication."

Erin-Alanna (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "After a bad accident, I have been having awful insomnia. My doctor recommended Trazodone for my insomnia. He also insisted that it may help me with my serve depression. So I was prescribe Trazodone 50 mg. Despite positive reviews on this sleep aid, I had a horrible experience on Trazodone. I only took Trazodone for one night and stopped all together with Trazodone. I don't personally recommend this. It was literally the worst trip ever. I felt like I was in a horror film with Freddy Krueger. I could not sleep. My head was spinning out of control. I am so surprised I did not shit in my pants. I was so exhausted and paranoid that night. I felt worse the next day, my heart and head was racing and I was irritable. I switched over to Melatonin."

Pham Lay (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "TRAZODONE, gives nasty neck & headaches to some & I am one who cannot tolerate trazodone. I had taken it for two different days with exact same results. It helped to fall asleep but only a few hours in does the headaches & neck pain woke me up."

dlpannebakker (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I tried trazadone for insomnia for a week then stopped. First 150, then 200 and finally 300mgs. That was the worst week sleep wise in recent memory. I would fall asleep after about an hour but only stay asleep for an hour, then it would be 2-3 hours of trying to get back to sleep only to wake up after an hour once again. Back to seroquel, aaaaarg!:("

Maykinmoves (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have bpd adhd anxiety and bit of parinoa, the first week of taking it I felt great but now I've got use to taking it now im still getting parinod at work that people are talking behind my back maybe I should go on a higher dose but I'm not to sure if it help paranoia or not"

Naomicat14 June 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I tried this to help my insomnia and the first time it worked. The second time I also split the pill in half and it gave me nightmares...night sweats....SCARY room spins (eyes would roll around super fast). The next day I felt horrible and exhausted and still "high". I'd be careful with this. Maybe got 2 hours of sleep total and woke up 9-10 times during the night."

Terrified and used twice (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

For Anxiety: "Having taken this for a month I can say that it has been effective in relieving me of debiliating anxiety and made me a lot calmer. Highly effective for sleep. Side effects I've noticed are shaking, excessive sweeting, low appetite and a sort of 'hang over' in the morning. Began therapy recently which has helped and I would advise all other anxiety sufferers to try this too!"

SADob (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

For Depression: "I have taken 50mg of Trazodone on two non consecutive nights and have had very severe side effects. Both nights, I recall having an extremely high heart rate, a massive headache caused by sinus pressure, it caused extreme post Nasal drip, and I had trouble swallowing because of the dry mouth. By 430 am on the second night that I tried taking Trazodone I took an Atavan because I was panicking because I could not sleep. Afterwards I felt incredibly dizzy, because the two medications don't mix well together. Tonight I decided I would skip the medication and see if I could sleep without it. It is 1247 am and I'm still awake. I spent a night last week in a sleep disorder lap, but I was unable to sleep there either."

Fed up! June 10, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am prescribed 100mg before bed for insomnia. It only works for me if I wait to take it when I am very sleepy, RIGHT before bed. If I take it too early, I feel lightly stoned, and hungry, but can stay awake. It sometimes helps knock me out for 4-5 hours, if I'm lucky 6 hours at most."

Dan C. June 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "I started taking 100 mg each night a couple of months ago. It works beautifully to help me fall asleep - usually in about 15-20 minutes. Sure, I'm a little groggy when I get up. But a trip to the bathroom, feed the cat and pour myself a cup of coffee, and I'm good as new."

Mississippi Jean June 5, 2016

For Insomnia: "I just started taking trazodone 50mg .It seems to be working so far just don't like the groggy feeling when I wake up especially when I have to work the overnight shift even though I take it in the morning .I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia so I'm also taking lyrics with it."

James44 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "I had an absolutely horrible interaction with this medication. I was prescribed 50mg to treat insomnia because I literally have not slept for more than an hour a night in 8 days. I cut the pill in half and took 25mg last night. Within 30 minutes I had bed spins, my heart was beating so hard and fast you could see it and my husband who was in bed next to me could feel the bed moving to the rhythm of it without us even touching, blinding headache and the shakes. Needless to say I did not sleep and my head still hurts so bad I can not lift it. I have heard so many great things about this treating insomnia and for me personally it was was a bad experience. Doesn't mean it will not be great for someone else though. Good luck with your decision."

Sandy0223 June 2, 2016

Desyrel Dividose (trazodone) for Sedation: "I have used this medication for about 8 years and without it I don't sleep. I wake every night without fail and it takes me hours to get back to sleep. This medication can be taken before bed or in the middle of the night as it's out of your system in about 4 hours. I become very relaxed in about 15 minutes upon taking it and able to rest peacefully."

Buvs (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2016

For Depression: "I take trazodone to help balance the effects Cymbalta had on my sleep and to help with my depression. My experience has been wonderful, helps me fall asleep and sleep restfully. Together with Cymbalta, Trazodone has completely eradicated my depression."

NatterTatter June 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "One of the most legitimately helpful drugs I have ever taken. Doesn't lose potency, nonaddictive, almost guaranteed to put you to sleep. I've been on it for years and it has helped give me a more restful and relaxing sleep than any other drug. Just avoid going too high-- for me, past 300mg it would clog my sinuses pretty bad for some reason, making it impossible to sleep. Luckily, 200mg works just as well."

O B (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "Doctor prescribed this after a bad reaction to Zoloft. Minus the dry mouth, I an having great results. I take 50 Mg. I am able to get to sleep easily. I still dream, but it has greatly reduced the tossing, turning and night terrors. I wake up refreshed which is helping to reduce my depression as well. I have none of the dizzy spells or groggy feelings. This is much better than the Ambien I was on years ago."

Buckynbork (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016