User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 6 reviews 2 medications

Headache 4 reviews 246 medications

3.8
Summary of Trazodone reviews 659 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "so I'm bipolar and have several other anxieties. My psych proscribed me trazodone to ease me into sleeping...well today is the 2nd night I've taken it and I'm one step away from going to the ER! I took it at 10 and it's almost 5am now and I have yet to sleep. I had a numbness in my body almost like when your foot falls asleep but throughout my WHOLE body, my nose got stuffed up, I'm nauseous, my heart was racing! I started to get a panic attack like no tomorrow. Now I have a huge headache and my eyes hurt! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MEDICATION AT ALL."

Hgabrielle September 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "Been on ambien for years...sleep walking...not staying asleep. Asked doc to try trazodone...last night I took 25mg at bed time an hour later took 25mg...took first dose at 8:30 it did nothing! Took second dose an hour later. After midnight i took my ambien...went right to sleep. Trazodone is not cooperating!"

Jam lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am taking 50mg. of trazodone, been taking it 2 nights, and it does nothing, 1st. night got to sleep around 4 o'clock, 2nd night 5:30 am. Going to try taking 2 pills tonight, here's hoping."

cepher September 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "This stuff did not help me sleep whatsoever... and when I DID sleep, it gave me horrible nightmares, sleep paralysis, and very vivid/strange dreams."

Alois (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am on the 50MG and The first night of taking trazadone was great slept straight 8hours. The next day didn't work at all. Was up all night. I believe that it hasn't worked as great as the first time. I took one tab(50mg) and can't sleep.(tonight 2a) Should I go one more tab 100mg? Afraid it could do me harm? I am getting more sleep than before but still not enough. I am 5ft 2in around 150 pounds "

Miliescobar94 September 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "For anxiety and insomnia was amazed by its effectiveness, first time in many many years I can recall sleeping 8 hours straight, a very pleasant experience, was very refreshed after an 8 hour sleep and this BTW was with taking 1/2 a tablet ..also like that it's not habit forming will use only when needed ....."

silverRidge September 17, 2016

silverRidge September 17, 2016

Desyrel (trazodone) for Sedation: "Unless I take this at bedtime, I have difficulty falling asleep as well as staying asleep. I am on the 50mg tabs, but usually only need to take half of the pill. Works VERY quickly, so It needs to be taken when in bed,and ready to sleep! It is just as effective now as it was many, many years ago when first prescribed, no need to adjust the dosage. It allows me to sleep later in the morning, and I no longer wake up every 2 hours. I take several other antidepressants during the day, but suffer from chronic pain, a good night's sleep makes a huge difference in my comfort level with no side effects either. I wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day! I highly suggest you try this medication, if Dr suggests it."

Spikey'sMommy (taken for 10 years or more) September 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "After taking 1 50gm pill I was awake all night with my toes and fingers burning, diarrhea, light headed and dizzy, dry mouth, and generally a bad feeling all over. I am very sensitive to narcotics and even after surgery I can't tolerate them. The only meds I take are Tylenol so there shouldn't be any interaction. This was worst than any experience I've had. This was the first time and it will be my last. My doctor has prescribed Rameron (Auro-Mirtazapine 15 mg) as an alternative but I am afraid do what that will do. I know I won't try Teva-Trazodone again no matter if I can never sleep again!"

Eber (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I'm 55 and started not sleeping through the night especially after frequent business trips about 10 years ago. Started taking Ambien as needed, then almost every night which left me not feeling rested and recently only sleeping 3 or 4 hours. Doctor suggested 1 or 2 50mg Trazodone. I tried first time about 10 days ago. 1 made me feel physically very relaxed, like a muscle relaxer, but did not sleep. 2 almost made me feel sick...almost flu like. I finally fell asleep about 6 hours after I took it, and it was such a weird heavy sleep...I couldn't move. Last night I decided to try again. Same thing, heavy feeling but light sleep. Actually woke up 6 hrs later, read for a bit, then super heavy sleep but dreamed a lot. I couldn't get up until 9:15"

JSBneedsleep (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have PTSD as a result of the 1968 TET offensive. It got much worse after I retired. A good night's sleep became 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. VA had me on Prozac which did nothing for the sleep but helped in my awake hours. Then I was given Trazadone 50 mg and told to split it in half 1 hour before bed. I was also told not to increase the dose, but cutting in half again,may help. I did this and now sleep the night getting 6 to 7 hours with only one short break. Dreams are back after becoming all but nonexistant other than flashbacks. My life is greatly improved."

TET Offensive September 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was given Trazodoe 50MG for insomnia which I took last night, within a matter of time I became a bit dizzy and my RLS became uncomfortable ...this continued for a few hours. I did fall asleep after about 4 hrs and slept for about 6 hrs. Upon awaking I was no longer dizzy but I felt a little off to the point of being light headed....I will not take this med again....it is very hard to deal with the restless legs while being dizzy and tired...this medication is not for me."

redskynite (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "I suffer from insomnia derived from an anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. I have taken trazodone 50mg for sleep for 10 days. The first night, I slept for 13 hours straight. I was extremely fatigued throughout the day for the first 4-5 days on this drug, but I was sleeping through the night for the first time in months, so that side effect was worth it to me. Last night, I took the 50mg tablet, laid down to sleep, and woke up refreshed 9 hours later. No fatigue today whatsoever. This is the first time in a very long time that I woke up feeling well rested and (dare I say it) almost cheerful. Take it a good hour before you want to be asleep in order to avoid tossing and turning at first."

ADAGalloway September 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "Like so many that have posted here. Have been on Ambian for quite a while, not every night but at least 3-4 times per week. I was eventually up to 2 10 mg tabs to be able to get to sleep but only for about 2-3 hrs. Doc put me on Trazedone because I requested something different. Took one 50 mg when laying in bed and ready for sleep. After about 2 hours, I final fell asleep without it's help. Slept for about 4 hours total. Strong vivid unpleasant dream, cotton mouth and a hangover headache the next morning. Going back to the doc today to give him the bottle w/ 29 of the 30 left."

Tired Nate September 8, 2016

For Sedation: "I was prescribed 1/2 to 2 tablets of 50 mg Trazodone to help with my disturbed sleep and it has been a miracle!! I do not know how long it has been that I have slept at least 7 hours straight without waking up several times during the night. I also have anxiety and depression and have been prescribed Effexor. The combination of these two drugs have helped tremendously thus far. It has only been a week and I have had very mild side effects of headache, nausea and dry mouth. Those are slowly dissipating and becoming less and less. I used to wake up with this worry feeling in the pit of my stomach, in a head fog, and fatigued. So far those feelings have gone away. My personal problems haven't gone away but I am able to handle them."

anxlesstingop (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have fibromyalgia and chronic insomnia. I began taking Trazadone for chronic insomnia of about 7 years. I tried every med out there to get even 3 to 4 hrs a night. I started on 50 mgs at bedtime and it did nothing. So I then took 100 mgs a night and would sleep 3-4 hours and then wake up. My doctor added Lunesta 3 mgs to take with the Trazodone and I sleep all night every night for the first time in at least 7 years. I had tried Lunesta a few years back and it did not work for me at all, but taken along with Trazodone I get a peaceful sleep all night long. I also take Cymbalta and Gabapentin for my Fibro and my life is pretty good. Still get fibro flares every so often but nothing like I used to get when first diagnosed 14 years ago."

Robin1650 September 5, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone work great for me and I don't wake up with that hangover feeling."

nikkieraine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "After suffering from general anxiety disorder (GAD) for 40 years, trazodone is a great drug to help me with anxiety and sleep. To help with GAD I went on a strict diet of no coffee and alcohol, also I limited me bread and sugar. This was the major tools for me against my fight with GAD. Also, I have not been able to have a deep restful sleep in many years. Typically, I would toss and turn all night long. The trazodone gives me a deep restful sleep every night. 200 mg. of Trazodone also helps me stay calmer and less anxiety during the day."

Rjy September 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "Take 50mg at bedtime and rest well for a couple of hours then I I awake and have a bad time trying to get back to sleep. I sleep about an hour and go through the same thing again. I finally get back to sleep a couple hours later and get a couple more hours of sleep before awakening for the day."

87strong September 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "Before starting my recovery I took Ambien for sleep which worked well. After starting recovery for alcoholism the doctor advised I had to stop taking Ambien because it is a narcotic. Trazadone works great for me, although the 50 mg was not enough for a full nights sleep. I started with 100mg and am now on 150 mg. I sleep like a baby and am refreshed in the morning. I'd recommend this to anyone suffering from insomnia."

Alcoholic with Insomnia August 29, 2016

For Depression: "I'm on celexa 40 mg and my doctor add trazodone 50 mg, and I feel the difference. I feel a lot better, and happier, sleeping the whole night"

Gelly August 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have taken trazadone for years for sleep. I gradually went up to 200 mg!!!! I have tried every sleep medication under the sun,and NOTHING worked.it is non narcotic and NON habit forming. Great news because I am a recovering alcoholic. I stopped taken it for about 2 years, and now I'm on 50 mg. I was having terrible "night terrors" for years about hell and the devil, but when I was in rehab they suggested I take PZISORN more commonly known as " mini press". It is an old school med for blood pressure, rarely used for that purpose anymore. A side effect of the min press is that it helps tremendously with the night terrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask your dr. about it. You don't have to have high blood pressure at all to use it"

Banksybabe51 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am on 50mg of trazodone. I take as needed for sleep. I have always been an anxious person however the past six months I have had a lot of life changing events happen to me. I was put on 20mg of Lexapro, that helped with the anxiety however I could not sleep. I was given trazodone and it works great, I find when I am extremely anxious iit is not as effective. The only side effect I have is that I have very vivid dreams, I have always been the type that would have vivid dreams but the dreams I have when I am one trazodone are intense. When I wake up in the morning I sometimes contact the person I was dreaming about to see if it was real or just a dream. Doesn't bother me though."

Good Night Sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I take 50 mg nightly, and will continue to indefinitely, because I get 7-8 hours solid sleep. I never take it until I'm ready to lie down in bed. After a few minutes of reading, drowsiness sets in and I sleep soundly all night. My only complaint is that, even though I am aware of dreaming, I'm unable to remember them even after only seconds of waking. I'd like to remember my dreams, because they likely serve a purpose, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. For me, with severe insomnia for 20 years, it's been the only thing I could count on to work with no discernable side effects. A life-changer for me."

MissVicki August 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I love Traodone. I take 1 to 1-1/2 50mg tabs 30 mins before bedtime, watch the late news and I'm done for the night. It's just enough to take the edge off and give me a great nights sleep with absolutely no side effects. Occasionally I might wake up in the middle of the night, but it's super easy to go right back to sleep. Regarding dreams, I have them whether I take Trazodone or not. It's just so nice to be able to get right back to sleep if they wake me up. Highly recommend."

Got Sleep August 18, 2016