User Reviews for Trazodone

2.3

Summary of Trazodone reviews 6.8 998 reviews

Reviews for Trazodone

mack July 21, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've taken this medicine for 20 years. I've never had a single problem with the medicine. it's not addictive and helps me sleep 7-8 hours each night without feeling groggy in the morning. I have never had to increase the dose to get the same effect."

Lone · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2019

For Anxiety: "This trazodone gave me severe anxiety over time, where I’d feel incredibly and intensely socially anxious when this wasn’t a true issue, it was general anxiety. It also had the issue of making me feel sleepy, but I could only sleep an hour then I couldn’t go back to sleep, the next day I would feel completely zombified and struggle to even move or do anything. It increases my heart rate a lot and doesn’t mix well with my ADHD medication."

Pk · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

For Insomnia: "I hope that everyone who has been having terrible dreams reads this...!!! I also had horrible nightmares until I started listening to movie, hypnosis every night during my 8 hours of sleep. Your subconscious will hear the TV, hypnosis and you can get to sleep! Try it, I swear if I do not have it on , or if the movies goes off, the dreams start! I use my cell most of the time & have it on YouTube continuous setting & I have NO Dreams. Please let me know if this helps anyone! I suffer from Interstitial Cystitis, Fatty Liver, Chronic Pancreatitis. Take Care"

Capa · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2019

For Insomnia: "I had to write a review because this medicine has SAVED me multiple times. I was originally prescribed Klonopin for insomnia, which worked great but gave me terrible mood swings that left me very aggressive. My Dr then prescribed 50mg Trazodone which I took for 3 months or so until I felt I didn’t need it anymore. The only negative at the time was it was giving me low blood pressure in the mornings but that could of been from other circumstances at the time. My insomnia has come back recently and I was having night terrors every night that left me feeling traumatized and exhausted every morning. It was getting so bad, I was missing work and genuinely miserable. I took trazodone last night and got a full 7 hours, FINALLY A PEACEFUL SLEEP. My mood has already dramatically improved just from a great night sleep. Great drug for insomnia and depression."

JAK · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

For Insomnia: "Trazodone seems to take affect within 30 minutes but I alway seem to wake up after an hour or 2. Many times I suddenly feel the need to go to the bathroom for number 1."

R bot · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2019

For Insomnia: "Took trazodone for 2 years because Ambien was a bad experience. Dr. put me on Lunesta for 15 years and it worked well. Now, I am 64yo and they will not give for long term use. I tried Rozerem and could not sleep. Then I tried trazodone and works at 25 mg. So, it may have some side affects, but, they all do, so I am sleeping better. I also have depression. I don't think it works on depression, so I take Lexapro. I wish I did not have these issues. I think these meds are helpful in the long run."

Nugget July 7, 2019

For Sedation: "It does put me to sleep within 30 min, & I'm out for 8 hours. First few nights at 50 mg--weird body sensations, no help with sleep. I pushed through for a few nights, upped the dose to 100mg and it started working. But, I had to increase dosing for this effect to hold. My last dose was up to 300mg. Sluggishness too much to bear so I tapered down, which was quite difficult--crying spells, anxiety, hostility, and rebound insomnia. But nothing else worked for mind-boggling, soul crushing, why-can't-I sleep insomnia, which then returned. I'm back on 150mg, getting sleep thankfully, but do have a hangover in the morning. The hangover is is a sluggish feeling. I force myself to work out 1st thing in the a.m, which helps wean the sluggishness, but it takes a lot of discipline. I've determined I'd rather go through this process for 8 hours/sleep, as opposed to suffering through the mental anguish of not falling asleep, up all night, feeling like a human failure.Trial and error w/dosing."

Deedeeda July 6, 2019

For Insomnia: "I liked it at first as an occasional sleep aid it would help me fall asleep very quickly and but shortly after I would have the craziest dreams where I would try to wake myself up and was conscious but I couldn’t move my body and I felt trapped. It is one of the scariest experiences I have had."

Bnicole · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 6, 2019

For Anxiety: "I decided to share my experience because maybe someone somewhere is going through this. I was prescribed trazadone 50mg for anxiety and depression eventually my doses went up to 100mg and 150mg a day. The drug would sedate me put me to sleep. When I woke up my anxiety was 10 x worse I was scared my depression increased. Daily life activities stopped for months I became scared of living or taking care of my child. I had extremely bad brain fog, dry mouth, sleep terrors nightmares that would last hours, heart palpitations, but the worst feeling of all was the increased anxiety the feeling that I had some underlying medical condition that the Dr. Couldn't find, dizziness, shortness of breath, and suicidal thoughts feeling like I would never get better. All along it was the trazodone"

Yawn July 6, 2019

For Insomnia: "Started at 50 mg. Worked okay. 100 worked better. Doc tried me on 150--worked great, but awful dry mouth. Backed off to 100. Added a Benadryl. Sleep like a LOG!"

JoAnna · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

For Insomnia: "I tried the over the counter and herbs. Kept me awake. Finally went to the doc My mind just kept racing couldn't sleep. First night was lights out in 15 minutes but nose stuffed up. Didn't take it the 2nd night and stayed awake all night. Took it the 3rd night and also took some flonase for sinus knowing it would help with the stuffed nose. It did the trick. I woke without drowsiness and my mood has improved during the day, more energy.This week the mind racing seems to be coming back. I hope it's not a trend. I don't like the idea that I would have to go from 50 mg to something more."

Kat2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I went on this trazadone 150 mg after major depressive disorder. I’ve suffered major insomnia for over 15 years never getting more than 2-3 hours a night. Since taking this, after 10 minutes, I fall into a deep sleep. It’s awesome. I’m dreaming again! I waste up refreshed. Never groggy in the morning. I take it at night just before bed, sometimes within 10 mins I can barely walk to the bathroom. I have to be in bed ready for sleep. This is amazing. Never thought I would sleep again. I take cymbalta 60mg in the morning and trazadone 150 at bedtime. These have worked wonders for me!!"

Shifty22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2019

For Depression: "I take this as a mood enhancer / sleep aid alongside my antidepressant, Zoloft. Within an hour of taking this medication, I NEED to sleep. If I wake up within 3 hours of taking it, I get extremely dizzy and begin to stumble around. If I do manage to sleep after waking up, I wake up with a terrible headache and brain fog. If I don’t wake up after taking this medication, I sleep very soundly but still wake up a bit disoriented (brain fog)."

Sleeping well · Taken for 10 years or more July 2, 2019

For Insomnia: "I suffered from PTSD and had horrible nightmares. My doctor prescribed this to help me sleep better. You definitely only want to take at night. I don't see this as a drug to really help with depression with the exception you will get a good night sleep. There are different mg dosages so if one makes you too groggy in the morning reduce by half. I used to break the 50mg by half. However my high stress situations dealing with my PTSD my dosage now has increased . I'm doing well on a higher dosage. My doctor also prescribed Wellbutrin XL aka Bupropin XL for my anxiety. The combination has worked well for me."

yeagerp51 · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've been taking 100mg of diphenhydramine for 3 and 1/2 years. I read an article that stated it will lead to short-term memory loss and eventually dementia. I talked to my doctor about this and last night was the first night that I didn't take it. She prescribed 50 mg of Trazodone. I laid there for about an hour and a half and decided to take another 50 mg. I eventually had a very stuffy nose and had a hard time falling asleep. I believe I fell asleep around midnight and then woke up just before 6. I'd laid there until about 6:30 and got up and took a shower. I felt like I use to when I used to drink. Kind of hungover. The worst part was the not being able to breathe through my nose. Not sure where to go with all this."

Bonzo · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 23, 2019

For Insomnia: "After reading reviews I see everyone handles this drug differently. I'm 65. About 5 years ago I couldn't sleep and over a year tried 5 different prescription sleep aids. They all gave many hours of hangover the next day. Finally tried Trazodone and no hangover. Over a few months went from 25mg-200mg to find the right dose. Been there for years now. Works great for me."

Sumy · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have insomnia and the doctor prescribed me trazodone while on Zoloft and it was just the worst combination ever! I had really bad dry eyes, throat and mouth and one day the AC was one and felt I was gonna die! I stopped taking it because it didn’t help me sleep at all and it just made me more anxious and kept me up all night. I know it works for some but not for me."

Soulece · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Insomnia: "Took Trazadone 150mg and was completely wired. Sleep never entered into the equation, ended up staying awake all night then going to work exhausted. When I got home I was too tired to sleep, thanks Trazadone."

Recovering addict June 11, 2019

For Depression: "I started trazodone 150mg to treat anxiety & depression 9 weeks ago. I’m still feeling awful & have bad anxiety, terrible mood swings, emotional, I get a horrible feeling after I’ve taken it like I’m on drugs, it definitely helps me sleep, TOTALLY KNOCKS ME OUT! So I take it just before bed. Mornings awful like having a terrible hangover & I’m in recovery 15 months free from booze & cocaine. My doc advised me to increase to 300mg I tried that for 2 days side affects were awful: hideous diarrhoea & panicky. I’m now on week 10 & this isn’t subsiding. I’ve been told to drop back down to 150mg. Will this improve? Anyone experienced similar, pushed through and got a different result. I trust my GP but I’m not sure how long I can continue to feel like this. I'm so panicked & awful. All day I feel confused, dizzy, mix my words up, forget everything. I’m also on a reduction from diazepam, that is nearly gone. "

Fecede · Taken for 10 years or more June 10, 2019

For Insomnia: "On and off Trazodone for 9+ years. In the first year my doc raised the 100 mg to 150mg and then 200mg. I declined anything higher. Then the Ambien - I would wake up finding a mess in my kitchen... it was from me sleep eating, NO! Back to the Trazodone. Then Lunesta which kept me sleeping but also induced sleep walking/activity. I've tried Doxepin, Vistaril, Amytriptaline, Trazodone, Ambien, Lunesta, Melatonin ( a complete joke for me) and many others I can't remember. I still have yet to find anything that works. My doc put me on Remeron (Mertazapine) on Thursday, last night I still woke 4 times and got up at 6:30 a.m. and hate the way I feel. I also take Suboxone and feel like I took something I shouldn't have like it's a bad mix or something. I've napped all day today and still feel dizzy and lightheaded. Maybe all I need is a Trazodone vacation. I can't take hypnotics or benzos due to being on Suboxone. The only thing left to try, in my opinion, the occasional vacation from Trazodone."

Andrew June 10, 2019

For Sedation: "I have been having some serious sleep issues as of late. I can fall asleep fairly easily, but then wake up after 4 hrs or so. I asked my new doc for Ambien (which I HATE), and he said "Let's try you on Trazadone" It has been a godsend. I take one just before bed and have slept thru the night for several nights, for at least 7 hrs. NO HANGOVER EITHER! I've taken Ambien, cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxor), etc and they all make me feel horrible the next day...except for Trazadone."

sleeplessinmo · Taken for 10 years or more June 8, 2019

For Insomnia: "Started 50mg over ten years ago-Dr increased to 150mg years ago but still wake up every two hours all night long. Sometime I can go back to sleep right away but most times I lay away minimum 30 min before going back to sleep. Fun times when I have to work every day."

Miguelitoxoxox · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2019

For Insomnia: "Major headache and nausea!"

sleeppleasecanada May 30, 2019

For Insomnia: "Dr prescribed 100mg Trazadone. I took last night & within 15 mins I found my nose all stuffed up and hard to breathe through my mouth. When I tried to deep breathe I couldn't. So I started to feel a bit panicky. Normally if I feel panic I will deep breathe to try to stop the panic but in this case I couldn't deep breathe. My mind started racing and I almost called an ambulance but I talked myself out of that. On top of all of that, I was really drowsy but couldn't sleep because I couldn't breathe. So I went and got a strong cough drop which helped a bit and tried to lay down. But had to sit up because laying down made the stuffed up feeling worse. I almost passed out when I got up to get the cough drop as I felt dizzy. This went on for about 2 hours until I finally was able to lay down & fall asleep. Once asleep I had crazy nightmares that woke me in terror. Now 12 hours later and I still am stuffed up but not as bad and my mind is cloudy and I feel groggy.Never taking it again."

Sweetpea · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

For Anxiety: "After a few minutes of taking this medicine I felt very heavy as if I was walking with weights also it made my heart pound. scared me I will not take this no more."