User Reviews for Trazodone

Headache
2.5

Summary of Trazodone reviews 6.9 922 reviews

Reviews for Trazodone

For Sedation: "Trazodone knock me out within a few minutes. Sleep like a baby 6-7 hours."

Peter October 13, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Makes me ache and sore all over and weak the next morning."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have insomnia from zyprexa withdrawal. My nurse practitioner prescribed trazadone because I didn't want to go back on zyprexa solely due to the insomnia. The first night was fine. I slept relatively well, only waking up once to go to the bathroom. The second night, however, I had the most vivid nightmares that I've ever had in my life. I kept trying to wake up because I realized that I was dreaming but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't wake up and end the nightmares until 5am. It was the most awful night of my life. I also felt extremely tired the next day both times after I took it. I am switching to prazosin now and will hopefully get better sleep."

elusiveperuvian (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Insomnia: "I’ve now been taking Trazadone for 3 months. I had insomnia (a side effect of low end depression) for 7 years. This medication has helped with sleep 9/10 nights and has stabilized my mood. I noticed a significant improvement with sleep immediately. Its nice to not be gaining weight on it too. First thing in the morning, I do need coffee to wake up both my mind and body. I’m also quite stuffed up. But it’s worth it! Also, I’ve noticed a dull headache if I haven’t slept well (from life’s stress)."

TSLewis (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is the only sleeping medication that I can take that doesn't give side effects and I can still wake up in the night if needed. No grogginess in the morning. This is with a 50 mg dosage a night"

Kris (taken for 10 years or more) September 25, 2018

For Insomnia: "It put me to sleep but I was wayyy too tired the whole next morning/afternoon. I was happy to find a medication that would allow me to sleep, but there are better options out there."

tiredgymgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Insomnia: "have to take 300mg or I can't sleep. But each morning I wake up I feel extremely nauseous"

Orashgle (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 17, 2018

For Insomnia: "Ok so I get this feeling when I'm asleep almost like I'm awake but I'm not in my body, my body is asleep but I can hear and feel things still it just started to happen. I just had my dose upped to 100mg it's a very scary feeling like I'm lucid dreaming but I'm not it's hard to explain can anyone relate"

Kirbear (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have had years of poor sleep. Can fall asleep easily but was wide awake a couple hours later. Started on Trazodone 50mg and it worked great. Sleep a solid 7 to 8 hrs a night. The only side effect has been lots of dreams... Pleasant ones but I wonder if dream state is the best kind of sleep. I increase my dosage to 100mg during stressful times to keep me sleeping. At that dose I'm a little drowsy during breakfast but that disappears quickly. I would recommend this treatment for help with sleeping."

Fred (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "If you want to wake up feeling groggy, drowsy and still tired then this is the drug for you!!. I was on this drug for 2 years. Yes it does sedate you, and yes your eyes close for the whole night but I never felt rested. Try Pregabalin instead. Far superior."

Click (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is great for insomnia but I experience diarrhea every morning upon waking up. I think I am going to try to stop taking the medication and see if the diarrhea symptoms go away."

Jayella (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started on the trazodone, on a weekend. It took several hours for me to get to sleep, and then I would wake up about every hour. I didn't get a good nights rest. Started on the 50mg, I had strange nightmares. The next weekend same problem, but this time I had demonic dreams, so sacred, I stop taking the medicine"

Anonymous September 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "It work too well. Last night my house was on fire. I slept through the whole thing. My roommate tried to wake me but couldn't. I didn't even wake up when the fire department came and put out the fire. I am now terrified to take it again."

larrybin (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "It helped me sleep but I was asleep all day. I was like a zombie that was never there"

Silver Pikachu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "Makes me tired but still can't sleep. Eyes are bloodshot and I feel like I'm gonna fall down all the time. Doesn't do anything for my depression or anxiety either. Started on 25mg now on 150mg."

CB (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "My docter gave me this drug for insomnia and anxiety and the second day I took it made me faint right on the floor - I've never fainted in my life it was horrible never made me sleep I call the pharmacist and he told me to stop the drug !! I can believe how can they prescribe drug like that!!"

Ritz56 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking trazodone for almost a year, at first the 50 mg dose did wonders! It was amazing! I slept like a rock. But now less than 12 months later my sleep is once again broken. I am only getting maybe 3-4 hours of sleep a night if I am lucky. My doctor is hesitant to change my dosage as we have a history of cardiac issues in my family. I am at a loss. The meds work somewhat but not as well as they had the first three months. I have been on nearly every other sleep aid on the market, prescription and non prescription, only trazodone worked. But it didn't work for long. So if you have a high medication tolerance and insomnia, really review everything with your doctor for the best option."

X.T.C2018 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've suffered with chronic insomnia for over 10 years. It was getting so bad that I asked my psychiatrist if she could prescribe something to help. She offered trazodone since it didn't cause addiction like benzodiazepines but I find that I have dizziness, headache, and eye problems when I take it. I only took it twice and refuse to use it again."

MissLeopard83 August 21, 2018

For Insomnia: "Trazodone was prescribed for insomnia and depression . I started off with 50 mg at bedtime but tapered back to 25mg ( halved the pill) because my short term memory was a little on the blink . Since I Iowered the dose, all is well. I’ve had no depression ( believe me when I say I’ve tried ALL the antidepressants ). I get sleepy within 30 minutes , I’ve slept all night 90% of the time . Morning drowsiness minimal , esp after coffee. Happy user so far . First ever review !! I’m early 60s."

CT (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I used to take Ambien every night for over 7 years. My Doc wanted me to try Trazodone because I’m also on hydrocodone for the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis which I’ve had for 9 years. New data on this combination shows that as I get older the risk of stopping breathing during the night rises. I stopped the Ambien two nights ago and replaced it with 50mg of Trazodone. Amazingly, I slept! I didn’t expect to get any sleep for at least a week while my body adjusted to not having Ambien- but I did. I had a little difficulty falling asleep, but once I did I stayed asleep and actually slept later than usual. I took the Trazodone about two hours before bed."

lglavish (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Insomnia: "I been taking 100 mg and I still have issues falling asleep and staying asleep. I feel sick durning the day with upset stomach. I am dizzy a lot trying find something else to help with sleep that’s natural."

Jan August 17, 2018

For Sedation: "I have been taking Trazodone for 5 years now for sleep. Before that I tried many over the counter meds and many prescribed meds. For some reason this one works. I didn't have insomnia but had bad nightmares throughout the night that would wake me up. This medicine is my dragonslayer that slays the nightmares before they get to me. As a result I sleep through the night without waking."

Shell (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "Been taking 100mg a night to get to sleep for about 6 years now. I will sleep 4-5 solid hours were I used to get only 3. I have true chronic insomnia, my mind just doesn’t know how to slow down enough to get to sleep. Trazodone will get me there in a 15-20 minute window. I notice the side effects of sleepiness are stronger the more exhausted my body really is. Would recommend trying."

CDS August 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Trazodone for over a year and have mixed feelings about this drug. In the beginning I was taking 100-150mg to go to sleep. I have been continuously weening myself down to 25-50mg. I only take it the nights I can’t fall asleep naturally which changes often. There has been a lot of nights where this drug doesn’t help me fall asleep, instead I feel uncomfortably sedated all night long but remain without a wink of sleep, then have to deal with the side effects the next day. Trazodone leaves me feeling like garbage physically in terms of grogginess. It’s a horrible feeling that takes about 5 hours to go away. I haven’t had any side effects such as panic attacks, weight gain or dry mouth. This drug has also given me sleep on a lot of nights which I have been grateful for. If I don’t have caffeine immediately after a night on Trazodone I’m pretty miserable."

Montyisthebest August 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was having great expectations for this drug to help me sleep. On the contrary it speed me up. The doctor was surprised and me too. After 3 attempts and sleepless nights, It went in the garbage bin. I should of kept it to speed me up during day time when I was tired.. :-) Totally useless for me."

sirius1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...