User Reviews for Trazodone

Headache
2.5

Summary of Trazodone reviews 6.9 959 reviews

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "Other than getting a good night sleep this drug is useless when it comes to panic disorder and anxiety / PTSD. Thank goodness I have my 2 milligram Xanax to fall back on since 1997 works every time. I only take the Trazodone and when I really can't stay asleep and I want to get knocked out pretty much"

Buster420 April 9, 2019

For Insomnia: "I take Welbutrin 100 mg for lifelong depression. Lowish dose but it works better than anything else. Have taken Trazodone off and on for 20 years, mostly on for insomnia. At first 150 mg then 100mg (both for years) now 50mg. Anything over 50 mg for me is too much for sleep. It will make you wake up too soon and cause hangover. This is well known among doctors experienced with Trazodone. Take it the same time every night and get into bed. If you stay up after taking it it will not work as well or at all."

Tom (taken for 10 years or more) April 5, 2019

For Insomnia: "Trazodone works pretty well for my insomnia. I also have GAD so I'm oversensitive to drugs because I can easily believe that I have some side effects, to such the extent that I can physically feel like I'm actually experiencing them. I started with a very small dose of 25mg and for the first week of use I was feeling overly sedated and numb. Weeks later I take up to 75mg 1h before bed with zero side effects. It helps me relax and feel really sleepy which is reassuring because my insomnia is nothing more than the result of being afraid that I won't be able to sleep. The fear of sleepless night is so strong that it's been lingering for 6 months filling all my thoughts and poisoning my life. With psychotherapy and this drug I started really improving only recently and I'm still afraid I might have trouble sleeping again."

Max (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2019

For Sedation: "So, I was just put on trazodone and it makes my heart pound. I don't know I'm going to continue it."

Lori (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Insomnia: "Switched to Trazodone 50mg from Ambien and restoril. Pill eventually gets you to sleep but anything wakes you up. Upped to 100mg and then also get restless leg before fall asleep. Going back to other pills. Need complete sleep. "

W2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Anxiety: "Taken Trazodone for 12 years As needed for anxiety and sleep, 50 mg before bed. Helps me fall asleep fast with 5mg of melatonin ."

Billy (taken for 10 years or more) April 4, 2019

For Insomnia: "Took it at 8pm. Slept until 9pm. Then up for 24 hours! Couldn’t sleep!! Scary! Awful! It made me wired. Never again!"

Danielle April 3, 2019

For Insomnia: "I just recent had an onset of insomnia after a traumatic event. I went two weeks, sleeping anywhere from 2-4 hours. My diet is spot on, I exercised daily and meditated. Nothing was helping. My doctor said let’s try a low dose of trazodone to get you back on your feet. I took a 25mg and found that I doze off to sleep quite easily. For the other worriers out there, it didn’t make me drowsy, loopy or anything. I woke up at about 3am and took another 25mg. I quickly went back to sleep, and got a full 7-8 hours. I was so refreshed. The next day I upped it to 50mg and I slept like a baby! The next day had me just a little fuzzy up until noon. After that, I was really clear and rested. I’ve been taking the 50mg for a few days now and it’s been working great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!"

Rested March 31, 2019

For Depression: "I am a waitress and since I have been taking trazodone I feel I can't remember stuff. I'm tired all the time, dry mouth, weird dreams. I would rather be depressed."

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2019

For Insomnia: "Amazing, I use this occasionally when I want a nice trouble free, deep sleep. 50 mg is the perfect dose. 100 or more and you might oversleep!! Keep your alarm nearby!"

Charles (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2019

For Sedation: "Trazodone doesn't work?! I have suffered from insomnia and anxiety for 8 years. I drink one cup of coffee in the AM. I no alcohol or drug use. I was prescribed 50mg. I took one and 5 hours later nothing. Not even the slightest bit drowsy. Took another tab. Still nothing. I slept fitfully for a few hours ...the same way I do when I take nothing. However, I woke up with my the worst anxiety. My pulse was pounding so fast I could see it in my neck. Anyway, after two days of trying I won't be taking this medication again."

Mo (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "Trazadone has given me a much improved life with fibromyalgia. [I have to say Wow, Yay, and Wahoo!] My fibromyalgia was diagnosed over 25 years ago (not widely recognized as a legitimate medical condition back then). Also, I had back injuries during gov employment. Because of both, I took ibuprofen 600-1200mg and Acetaminophen 1500mg Daily to function normally. Post-bariatric surgery I couldn't take NSAIDs. For the dual pain control, 15 yrs ago I was prescribed NORCO 3/25mg daily (after 5 yrs increased to 3/50mg) AS NEEDED (still fits my pain management needs) ▶️Depression increased >Venlafaxine ER 300mg/day. Anxiety increased> Xanax .25mg x2 daily AS NEEDED. Chronic Insomnia > OTC sleep aids ineffective (2hrs - 6hrs very interrupted) One month ago my doctor prescribed, at bedtime, Trazadone 50mg to increase to 200mg. Now, 100 mg/1 hr before sleep is the dose. Depression gone - sun's shining. Anxiety - Much Less. Insomnia - sleep 6-8 hrs, no grogginess. Pain Levels - same, but more psychologically manageable."

gap1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2019

For Insomnia: "I am almost 70 years old. Started taking trazodone at age 42 and it was great for years. About a year ago the trazodone was not working so well so I started taking more and up to 200 mg. As I read these reviews I see that I must be taking too much so I can hardly wait for bedtime tonight. I will cut back to just 3 pills of 50 mg. I never had side effects - seldom even remembered a dream. Not sleeping is a horrible thing and I wish those who wrote about it to 'get well' soon."

Shirl March 20, 2019

For Anxiety: "So far anxiety has dropped, sleep is like REM all night, up and down to loo several times but back to sleep. No signs of depression lifted but early days. Problems are dizziness all morning, fatigue a lot, stomach issues. Waiting to see how many weeks to see what happens."

Vivienne louise (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Insomnia: "This was a horrific drug. I took one 50mg tablet and was knocked into a sleep like state where my body was sleeping but my mind was fully aware. The next morning I was hung over and felt sleep deprived. One month later I tried it again. My eyelids were heavy but I was completely awake for hours. When I got out of bed at 3:00 a.m. I couldn't walk a straight line. While the warnings may refer to this as dizziness, it was more a drugged state as though I had taken a paralytic. I tore a calf muscle trying to stand upright. Finally got to sleep sometime after 5:00 a.m."

Adam (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "I get MUCH better sleep only since and I've bee taking Trazodone. Good sleep is essential in my overall ability to stay above debilitating pain. I'm very thankful for this medication."

Danybanany (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 24, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been using trazodone for about 21 years. I take 50mg every night. I have chronic pain from fibromyalgia. If I don’t sleep that pain is worse, much worse. Trazodone gets me below the pain so I can get to sleep. Does it act like a pain killer? No, but getting sleep does."

Brin (taken for 10 years or more) February 23, 2019

For Anxiety: "It just didn’t help at all in getting me to sleep. I didn’t care for it at all. CLONAPIN helps."

Allo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

For Insomnia: "This medication is awful. I took it for insomnia and it did THE EXACT OPPOSITE. I felt completely drunk after it got in my system but rather than making me tired - my body seemed to react against it and I was awake for most of the night. I woke up completely exhausted with only a few hours of sleep and a super drowsy hangover. Couldn’t drive to work, had to call in sick."

JJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

For Depression: "I have finished my first month of 150mg Trazodone after a heroin addiction to help with depression and insomnia. It getting up is a lot easier in the mornings, I wasn't able to function due to depression but now things are getting a little bit better, mostly at night is when poop hits the fan for me mentally. I have BPD as well which traz. has 0% effect on, DR's don't really care about my health they just gave it to me because I asked, and I was on this milligram prior to addiction. I think I got hooked on Heroin again because I was off my SARI. Anyways. chin up, this stuff isn't too terrible. I can fall asleep fast and quick and not wanna die all day so thats something."

kaboom - FL (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2019

For Depression: "After several years in Law Enforcement and having to save my or my fellow officers lives and killing a violator, I finally reached an all time low and definitely was close to doing something stupid. My family and friends talked me into getting help. I started with a psychologist who was against medicine and thought she could help me with exercises. After 4 months she said that I needed to go to a psychiatrist and see about meds. I did and was put on 2 different meds with one being Trazadone. I went on Venlafaxine and continued with 300 mg of trazadone. After a while on it I was having some issues with waking up. He reduces it to 200 mg and I have not looked back. I sleep through the night after years of getting up to clear the house several times. My nightmares continue but for the most part I do not remember. My wife says I still scream, jump, kick, punch, and cry at night but since I don't remember I am good."

Retodd February 17, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have been taking trazadone 50 mg for a month. It has helped me sleep.. I however did not know that it has been used for alcoholism. I have lessened my bad drinking habit. I get awfully nauseous and headaches anytime when I drink. I do recommend this drug to help stop drinking. Also, I don’t get cravings for beer as much."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been prescribed this medicine to help with mental disorders, along with other meds. I've been on all doses and right now 250mg is working alright. If I was not on this med, I'd never sleep and be awake with horrible nightmares and flashbacks. (Son passed away and nothing has been the same since). I'm happy with these meds and the ability to sleep again. The med say cause drowsiness, so take at night. I take several sleeping meds and I am out within 30minutes. I hope my review helps others."

Mamatink77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2019

For Anxiety: "Took large amounts of trazodone, between 100mg and 200mg to start but eventually I had overdose like symptoms like dry mouth and heart palpitations. I, myself decreased my dose to what I felt was right and haven’t had any problems since then. Significantly decreasing my dosage rather than slowly easing into taking less like the doctor would have me do didn’t have any negative effects luckily."

Lex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been taking this drug with lamictal for sleep/anxiety and bipolar disorder some nights. This drug will make me fall asleep quickly and oversleep or on some others make me not sleep at all. I have horrible nightmares on this drug and wake up everyday feeling stoned (and not in a good way). I have trouble thinking and speaking almost like I'm just brainless. I have visual effects also. I'm only 18 I do not recommend this drug."

Mike (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2019