User Reviews for Trazodone systemic

Headache
2.5

Summary of Trazodone reviews 6.9 934 reviews

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "I started having trouble sleeping in March 2018 and thought I was losing it. I went to the doctor and first they tried me on an SSRI. This did not work at all. I had a bad reaction to it and dropped 36 pounds in less than three weeks. So, they took me off and for awhile I was able to manage some fitful sleep with unisom sleep tabs. For light insomnia, I think those pills are awesome, but I was dealing with something a bit more robust. So, I got an appointment with a psychiatrist who put me on Trazodone in June 2018. Since, then I've been doing so much better. I started on 50mg, which only kept me asleep for 5 hours, then 100mg, which was like 5.5 hours. Then, we upped it to 150mg where I have been for the past 6 months, getting anywhere from 7-9.5 hours of sleep each night. Every once in awhile (once a month or so) my anxiety will ramp up and I'll have a restless night despite the trazodone, but I consider that to be natural. I'm really grateful for this drug."

MichGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2019

For Insomnia: "A dry throat at night is the only side effect I experience. I have been taking Trazodone for 8 years."

Emma (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2019

For Insomnia: "I had high hopes because the drug seemed to work at first. Unfortunately I slept better only because it was the beginning of my vacation and Trazodone made me way more miserable than before I started taking it. My sleep hasn't improved at all over the period of 2 weeks. The dose of 50mg makes me so dizzy and groggy that I am unable to work or think clearly and I still wake up at 4am and I am unable to fall back to sleep. 25mg seems to have a mildly sedative action, but I get the same from hops without side effects. Talking to people while under effects of this drug feels weird because I get the feeling that they will think I am stoned. Walking feels weird because I'm feeling wobbly. I prefer to have insomnia than to have both insomnia and feel incredibly dull every day. I will be tapering it off and I just hope it won't cause even worse anxiety and sleeplessness than what I am currently facing."

aethersis December 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "So I have been on this to use for occasional issues falling asleep due to anxiety. I tried Benadryl, zaleplon, Dramamine, melatonin etc. Tried it all but nothing really helped. This on the other hand definitely helps knock me out. I usually take it right before bed, do some deep breathing and my thoughts chatter then eventually I’m sound asleep. Probably only take about 15 minutes for me with 50mg. This has been a lifesaver so I don’t anxiety about sleeping that much anymore."

Anxiousdude (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "I took 100mg, which did nothing for sleep, then took another pill. I gradually fell asleep, but by then I was awake for a while and my net sleep was only several hours. ALL DAY afterward, I felt like a ZOMBIE, no matter how much coffee! This is a drug which has many possible side effects. Truly, this drug acts like a anti-depressant, which makes high level mental functioning VERY DIFFICULT ! Take at your own risk."

Billy (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "Help with sleep ."

Alam (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "After one week of 25 mg doses of trazodone, 2/3rds of my body is covered by hives and massive welts. And it did not help my insomnia."

sashamanda (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Sedation: "I’ve been on trazadone for a year now and it has been a life saver! Before I would just lay in bed for hours without sleeping I couldn’t fall asleep due to nightmares associated with PSTD and depression but on this I sleep every night. Not many nightmares it’s amazing. I read some reviews it did take me like two weeks to not feel dazed outta my mind but well worth it"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

For Anxiety: "I had years of sleepless nights, anxiety, disassociative disorder, and panic. Trazadone calmed my brain and helped me rest! Without mania and with few side effects. I feel like a rock star again and am enjoying my life for the first time in years. Thanks Trazadone."

Killuh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I’ve been on Trazodone (100mg)for insomnia for about 6-8 months now. Sometimes it works great and others not so much. Some nights within 15 minutes of taking it I can barely hold my eyes open and almost feel drunk. Others it doesn’t affect me at all. I would also say that I don’t really get deep sleep while taking it. I’ve also had a few strange issues, at least four times I’ve woken up in the middle of the night from extreme nausea, then when I’ve stood up to go to the bathroom I’ve passed out. I think it was because my blood pressure was low which I’ve seen is a side effect. However, I’m concerned with long term effects from the drug. Weight gain is a big concern of mine as well. Considering stopping my use."

Britt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "First, I took Ambien for Insomnia. Never got into REM sleep on that one and never felt rested. Plus, did all sorts of weird things while on it. I do not recommend Ambien. Ever! Been using Trazodone for years now. Much less superior to Ambien in falling asleep quickly. I have to take 200 mg to fall asleep and it takes at least 30 min to work. While I’m waiting for it to kick in, I have horrible restless leg syndrome. At about 20 minutes, I feel the need to eat something. Must have snack or will get nauseous. Sleep after that but could wake up to use bathroom and won’t fall back asleep unless I take more Trazodone. Very, very difficult to wake up in morning (understandably) and have very stiff muscles, sore muscles, very stiff joints when I try to get up. Can only wipe out the groggy feeling if I take caffeine. "

Cest_Elle (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "It put me to sleep, though I had some awful re-curring nightmares that would shock me out of my sleep. The nightmares started with the medication and ended when I stopped the medication. I stopped taking this medication due to the nightmares."

seaski (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2018

For Sedation: "Trazodone knock me out within a few minutes. Sleep like a baby 6-7 hours."

Peter October 13, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Makes me ache and sore all over and weak the next morning."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have insomnia from zyprexa withdrawal. My nurse practitioner prescribed trazadone because I didn't want to go back on zyprexa solely due to the insomnia. The first night was fine. I slept relatively well, only waking up once to go to the bathroom. The second night, however, I had the most vivid nightmares that I've ever had in my life. I kept trying to wake up because I realized that I was dreaming but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't wake up and end the nightmares until 5am. It was the most awful night of my life. I also felt extremely tired the next day both times after I took it. I am switching to prazosin now and will hopefully get better sleep."

elusiveperuvian (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Insomnia: "I’ve now been taking Trazadone for 3 months. I had insomnia (a side effect of low end depression) for 7 years. This medication has helped with sleep 9/10 nights and has stabilized my mood. I noticed a significant improvement with sleep immediately. Its nice to not be gaining weight on it too. First thing in the morning, I do need coffee to wake up both my mind and body. I’m also quite stuffed up. But it’s worth it! Also, I’ve noticed a dull headache if I haven’t slept well (from life’s stress)."

TSLewis (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is the only sleeping medication that I can take that doesn't give side effects and I can still wake up in the night if needed. No grogginess in the morning. This is with a 50 mg dosage a night"

Kris (taken for 10 years or more) September 25, 2018

For Insomnia: "It put me to sleep but I was wayyy too tired the whole next morning/afternoon. I was happy to find a medication that would allow me to sleep, but there are better options out there."

tiredgymgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Insomnia: "have to take 300mg or I can't sleep. But each morning I wake up I feel extremely nauseous"

Orashgle (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 17, 2018

For Insomnia: "Ok so I get this feeling when I'm asleep almost like I'm awake but I'm not in my body, my body is asleep but I can hear and feel things still it just started to happen. I just had my dose upped to 100mg it's a very scary feeling like I'm lucid dreaming but I'm not it's hard to explain can anyone relate"

Kirbear (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have had years of poor sleep. Can fall asleep easily but was wide awake a couple hours later. Started on Trazodone 50mg and it worked great. Sleep a solid 7 to 8 hrs a night. The only side effect has been lots of dreams... Pleasant ones but I wonder if dream state is the best kind of sleep. I increase my dosage to 100mg during stressful times to keep me sleeping. At that dose I'm a little drowsy during breakfast but that disappears quickly. I would recommend this treatment for help with sleeping."

Fred (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "If you want to wake up feeling groggy, drowsy and still tired then this is the drug for you!!. I was on this drug for 2 years. Yes it does sedate you, and yes your eyes close for the whole night but I never felt rested. Try Pregabalin instead. Far superior."

Click (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is great for insomnia but I experience diarrhea every morning upon waking up. I think I am going to try to stop taking the medication and see if the diarrhea symptoms go away."

Jayella (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started on the trazodone, on a weekend. It took several hours for me to get to sleep, and then I would wake up about every hour. I didn't get a good nights rest. Started on the 50mg, I had strange nightmares. The next weekend same problem, but this time I had demonic dreams, so sacred, I stop taking the medicine"

Anonymous September 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "It work too well. Last night my house was on fire. I slept through the whole thing. My roommate tried to wake me but couldn't. I didn't even wake up when the fire department came and put out the fire. I am now terrified to take it again."

larrybin (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...