User Reviews for Trazodone to treat Headache

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose

Trazodone has an average rating of 3.1 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Headache. 19% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 75% reported a negative effect.

Trazodone Rating Summary

3.1/10 average rating

Compare all 228 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Trazodone

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2020

“I don’t recommend trazadone at ALL nfor headches. It did make me sleepy, but it also made me feel a bit dizzy and nauseous. which gave me major anxiety. The next day I woke up with a pounding headache and I couldn’t move my head. It was terrible. It lasted 2 days. I wasn’t sure if it was the medication at first or not, so I waited about a week to try it again and the same thing happened. I’m aware everyone is different when it comes to the tolerance of medication, but I hope this was helpful.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2012

“Trazodone has been a miracle for me. It has helped my headaches, which I was having daily. It also has caused me to lose some weight, which makes me feel better. It has also helped with my anxiety. Only problem I have had so far, is that if I take it too late at night, I will feel groggy in the morning. I am on 100mgs.”

Diana April 3, 2021

“Apparently people who have migraines on a regular ... Trazodone helps. But for me, it was prescribed to me yesterday for insomnia. I took it for the first time last night and woke up with a head ache, which lead into a migraine for the entire day. You would laugh if you came across what I look like right now. I have a hot rice pack, full of lavender essential oil, hanging over my head. It's only getting worse. Idk if I will take another one tonight. I tried coffee. Pressure points. Twilight ...”

ken January 8, 2020

“My provider has been prescribing me this medication trazodone for last 2 years for a sleep aid. At first I did not realize how & where I was getting all the throbbing migraine headaches & the major sexual side affects until I did research. To walk around popping excedrin all day & NEVER able to get an ERECTION was awful. Not worth a dime to me, finally discontinued. I stayed awake all day & exercised & was able to sleep 8 hrs fine now. Just be active all day.”

Panda · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2019

“After decades of insomnia I thought I had found the help I needed. I slept for 7-9 hours every night. It was great for the first month then the headaches started every few days and they would last for 2-3 days. I also have a history of migraines, but researched and discovered I could not take sumatriptan with Trazodone. Taking NSAIDs are not good either. So I’m going to discontinue.”

Branches 2 July 14, 2016

“granted it does make you sleep. But when I get up and the morning I always have a headache most of the day I felt bad and tired I have no energy I do not like to take it unless I need to I find out clonazepam 0.5 two of them and two of hydroxyz 25 mg make me sleep just as well as trazodone 50 mg. that give Me a headache every time the other two Pills I take ”

Meb54b May 2, 2018

“I took this medication for a few years for my migraines, I suffered from tremors, stomach issues, constipation, blurred vision and skin issues. Basically almost all of the side effects listed I suffered from. It was not till I missed two days did I know about the withdrawals which were very bad. I slowly weaned off this medication and for over six weeks dealt with withdrawals. After I stopped my headaches changed and are not as bad. I didn’t know my meds were making me sicker. While on it I was 50 lbs under weight and diagnosed with anorexia, for me the best was getting off this. My opinion is this is very bad for me. If you take this be sure not to ignore your feelings and issues you didn’t see prior to taking this.Just be careful...”

Harry · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2021

“I was taking trazodone for sleep 50 mg after a couple months it wasn't helping anymore my dr. switched me to 100 mg and after about a week I started to have bad headaches so I went back to 50 mg and the headaches stopped for a couple days, then they started up again. I stopped taking the drug and its been three days now the headaches have not gone away, I am hoping that another day or so they will be gone but right now I am suffering with them.”

Jeff P. · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2019

“I had a horrible headache the entire next day. Also felt tired and out of it. I’d rather deal with being tired from no sleep than the way this drug made me feel the next day.”

Suzannesdd August 10, 2014

“Horrible headache the day after (tried it on three different occasions to make sure it wasn't something else) and could do nothing other than lay in bed in the dark. ”

Senior · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 13, 2019

“I experienced several migraines a month which were debilitating. My physician prescribed Trazodone and I only get 1 or 2 per month. I’ve been taking if for a few years now and completely satisfied.”

Faffer · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2019

“Wow! I am surprised by all these negative reviews! Trazodone has helped prevent migraines in my experience! Sleep better”

aries_lover · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2017

“I take the medication once in a while and I get terrible headaches in the morning ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2018

“This medicine is absolutely horrible for headaches I'm on day 4 of a bad migraine due to this medicine. I would not recommend it at all!!”

JJR · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2021

“Awful, pulsating headache. 10/10 pain and nothing helped. Only after one use. It definitely put me to sleep though”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2016

“I've been on this for 2 weeks after Paxil for 3 years, the crushing headache is intense. I will give it 1 more week to see if I adjust”

Ouch, my brain · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2021

“I can’t take this medication because, although it helps me sleep, I wake up the next morning with a horrible headache and extreme lethargy. It feels like a really bad hangover.”