User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Headache
2.5

Summary of Trazodone reviews 7.0 881 reviews

Reviews for Trazodone

For Sedation: "I was on Trazodone for insomnia, and it did what it was supposed to: I would fall asleep within 30 minutes, and I would stay asleep through the night. The issue I had with it is that I would sleep for way longer than I'd want to, and I would no feel well rested after I woke up. I would have difficulty concentrating and I my mind would feel like it was slowed down, and that would last about 4-5 hours after I woke up (and I'd already have slept for about 12 hours, so that's about half of a normal waking day that I'd feel I lost to Trazodone). If I absolutely needed to sleep, Trazodone was helpful, but also a game of russian roulette: Would it be better to sleep but not feel rested, and feel sluggish for most of the day, or risk not sleeping?"

Geoff2234 September 21, 2017

For Insomnia: "Was given this pill by my doc for insomnia. I took the pill at 10:30 pm, was very drowsy by 11:15 pm but was also unable to fall asleep. The severe drowsiness lasted about 2 hours, yet I was unable to sleep. I got up to move around until I thought I could sleep, and felt off balance and mentally a bit out of it. Finally fell asleep at about 1:30 am, and woke at 7:30 am feeling awful. Still at 9 am I feel a bit out of it, but most of all I am absolutely exhausted. The sleep wasn't good, in fact it was a terrible experience. I will not take this ever again."

Tired in LA September 21, 2017

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been newly diagnosed with a moderate fibromyalgia. Not getting enough sleep and waking up with severe pain when trying to sleep. My doctor started me with 50 MG of trazodone taking 1/2 tablet at bedtime. This is the first week and it's working well. My sleep has increased to 6-8 hours as recommended by MD. At the onset of the pain it has subsided quickly. I am a busy healthcare professional , I exercise daily and drink plenty of fluids. It was also recommended that I go to counselling because I have a lot of personal related stress."

Dinky60 September 19, 2017

For Sedation: "I have dealt with insomnia since 2005. I tried Benadryl, all the sleep aids you can name but it wasn't until I realized I don't sleep normal. I was feeling horrible on 2-3 hours of sleep at night. My doctor recommended Trazodone, which I had never heard of. On this medicine I know I'll sleep and feel good the next day. It did take a week or so to get over the "hangover" feeling but for someone like myself that does have severe depression and insomnia I recommend this medication"

Sleeping like my dogs (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 17, 2017

For Fibromyalgia: "I am currently on 250 mg I have fatigue, weakness, painful arms & legs, can't sleep very well, no motivation.."

papp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

For Anxiety: "I am in my mid fifties and my anxiety has gradually worsened over the past 6 years or so. I'm now off work. I have tried a few meds but this is the most recent. I only took 50mg for 3 weeks. I found my sleep to be a little better and I seemed slightly less self conscious if that makes sense. The negatives far outweighed any benefits though. Within the first week I had lost my appetite and when I ate I would just bloat. I also got stomach pains. It basically shut my metabolism down. I have extreme headaches and dizziness as well and zero motivation. I have to say that I am one of those people that are very sensitive to medications so this drug may benefit some people"

Summercrash (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "I started taking Trazadone 50mg after being diagnosed with depression and anxiety plus insomnia in January. I have been seeing my GP for four years on and off with insomnia and twice a year would leave the surgery with a few diazepam for a couple of nights sleep. Then an epiphany moment came whilst reading a magazine, my insomnia was caused by the menopause! Trundled back to my GP who did blood tests which established that although young at 43 I was in fact well and truly into the menopause. My Trazadone dose went from 50 to 100mg and then to 150mg at bedtime. I have been taking this dose now for six months and have not noticed any improvement in my sleep. I constantly wake between 3 and 4am every night unless I take one Lorazepam tablet?"

simplythebesters September 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "Terrible side effects, I lost a ton of weight, I throw up all the time, have diarrhea - all the time. I am slowly stopping to take this medicine."

Army77 September 7, 2017

For Insomnia: "Gives me a headache daily each morning. When I take it my brain feels heavy, I don't like the feeling."

562calikidLA September 7, 2017

For Insomnia: "Worst medicine I have ever tried. It gave me the worst migraine I've ever had they lasted 13 hours. I had to call out of work and I couldn't move or get out of bed. No medicines worked and I was vomiting."

Memorleti September 6, 2017

For Insomnia: "I took trazadone for nearly 15 years to help me sleep and loved it. I feel asleep within 30 minutes and didn't feel crumby the next day. After all of that time I suddenly had a side effect that I couldn't stand and had to get off of it. Every time I took it I suddenly felt completely congested and couldn't breath through my nose. (This is a rare side effect listed with this medication). My mouth would be so dry and sometimes I'd even wake up feeling like I was choking. I'm so grateful it worked for so long and wish j could still take it. I can't find that same rest with anything else I've been trying."

So helpful for so long... (taken for 10 years or more) September 6, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 50 mg of Trazadone for over a year now. I think it's awesome! I was prescribed it for insomnia, I have had insomnia since high school and I'm talking BAD insomnia, like 3 hours or less a night. I could not cope any more. I also have depression and anxiety, so I take 37.5 mg of Paxil everyday. I take the Paxil in the am and the Trazadone at night. When I take my normal dose of T. I wake up fine, not hungover, sick or anything. The ONLY time I feel yuck when waking up is if I have tried to cut the T. down, which I have tried. I don't like the withdrawals at all, I would rather take these pills for life then suffer the withdrawals. I believe the T has also helped me with my depression."

Finally Sleeping! August 28, 2017

For Insomnia: "Been on trazadone for short time I have not found it effective for sleep. Taken off Ambien which put me right to sleep but can't say the same for trazadone. I take 100mg yet I can't seem to fall asleep. I get dry mouth and stuffy nose. Sorry trazadone"

Ziggy89 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

For Insomnia: "I take 300mg of Trazodone for sleep, 200 mg Zoloft for depression plus medication for anxiety. Well the trazodone works for about 4 - 5 hours then wide awake. I don't think that Zoloft is working right anymore but will have to wait until I go back to mental health to chat about both. In the mean time just have to get by and avoid people."

z89013 August 19, 2017

For Insomnia: "I had been on Zanex to help me sleep. Usually took it every other night. My new NP wanted me to switch to trazodone. Absolutely no help! In fact, it has made falling asleep 10 times worse. Last night I took it at 9:45. The last time I looked at the clock, it was 1:45! No more for me!"

Party Cake (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

For Insomnia: "About an hour after taking it, I feel very drowsy and able to sleep for a couple hours, maybe 3-4 hours but it also made me have strange dreams and I'd wake up extremely hungry, having to get up out of bed to eat in the middle of the night. Not worth it, in my opinion. Going back to taking Melatonin."

AB92 August 13, 2017

For Insomnia: "Been on Trazadone for 2 months for insomnia and traumatic nightmares associated with PTSD and depression. Helps me somewhat in falling asleep, but I still can't stay asleep. Wake up repeatedly during the night with awful nightmares. When I wake up the next morning (11 hours after taking 50mg) I am unsteady on my feet, sometimes fall. Exhausted all day. Feeling more depressed and despairing (also taking fluoxetine 40mg)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

For Insomnia: "Who's bright idea was to make this pill asymmetrical?? I can't even break the damn thing in half. And with its weird shape, it never fails to get painfully stuck in the back of your throat."

Lololomeowsie August 11, 2017

For Insomnia: "So I suffer from depression, OCD and anxiety.. I have been on sertraline (Zoloft) which has helped with everything but hasn't helped with all the anxiety (evening and morning anxiety.. I have problems turning my mind off at night).. I also have had sleeping issues for years and my zoloft made it worse. My Primary Care Physician prescribed Trazadone to take before bed. I sleep so well when I take it, but I have to take it early enough or I can't wake up in the morning. It knocks me out and I do get a restful sleep but lasts in my body for a good 10 hours.. So I have to be aware of when I am taking it at night. If it is too late then I don't take it.. Thus I don't get a restful sleep, but at least I'm not late to work. Overall I recommend it."

Jewella (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2017

For Insomnia: "I am on many medications for anxiety and depression. I have struggled with sleeping as long as I can remember. Not only could I not fall asleep but I also could not stay asleep. I found myself unable to focus, not putting my best foot forward, and falling asleep in my morning classes. When my doctor put me on trazodone my life flipped around. I was a happier person. I currently take 100mg every night before bed. It helps me fall asleep and stay asleep. While I do believe that sometimes it may cause me to be tired in the morning it was well worth the trade off. I hope this can help someone in my past situation."

54926 August 11, 2017

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed 50mg Trazodone for sleep issues and have found it actually preventing me from getting to sleep. I have a feeling of being "wired", have weird dreams when I finally get to sleep (but not for long periods) and have a generally drugged feeling in the morning when getting up. I have discontinued using it and notified my doctor."

DXT (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Traz 50mg for insomnia. I broke it in half and then in half again, so I took about 12.5 mg. It worked wonders for sleep! The only issue is crazy dreams, however it is worth it to get good Quality sleep. I also am not taking it every night. In the past I tried 50mg and it caused me to feel terrible, and did not help with sleep either because of that. 12.5 mg seems perfect for me. I am sleepy in the morning but that wears off after a couple of hours. Then I have more energy than I have had in years!"

Magg2017 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

For Insomnia: "This is my experience with trazodone (everyone is different). I had auditory hallucinations like music was playing in my head when no radio was going. I was on 100 mg and I couldn't fall asleep at night at all on it, it actually made me hyper in a sedated way, so I was sleepy but full of energy. And very hung over the next day. Flu like symptoms, excessive sweating and increased anxiety. No motivation to do anything, just felt like a zombie. I start myself weaning off tonight, I'm so ready to be off of the med. Not right for me!"

Gachick (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2017

For Sedation: "Trazodone was prescribed to me to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. I take 50mg each night as needed before bed. This medication makes me sleepy within 15 minutes of taking it and I'm usually asleep in 30 minutes. However, in the mornings it's been very hard for me to wake up because I feel the medication really effects me and keeps me still feeling sleepy throughout the day. But I'm overall happy with the results and would recommend this to anyone having insomnia or anxiety before bedtime."

H022695 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

For Sedation: "I am able fall asleep within a half hour and stay asleep at least seven hours. Prior to taking Trazadone I would wake up every two hours so it has allowed me to finally sleep after months of insomnia . Cons : I have new anxiety , sweating during the day , awful short term memory that is worsening , tremors and amnesia ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2017