User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 7 reviews 2 medications

Headache 5 reviews 245 medications

3.2
Summary of Trazodone reviews 743 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Trazodone

For Depression: "It worked well on low dosage but after my Dr increased the dosage to 200mg at night I feel worse I have told my doctor that I have now lost complete appetite .. nausea ,throwing up and massive loss weight. She stopped the Drug and switched it with Wellbutrin same day with .05 rivitrol and another antidepressant."

Hoosen (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is a complicated drug. It works for some, but for others there are a myriad of side effects. For me, and my insomnia, it worked for a week or two. Then, it became ineffective, even though I doubled the dose from 50 to 100 MG. If you suffer from depression, check your nortriptyline level if you are on pamelor or a generic version. Pamelor is still an effective tricyclic anti-depressant that is used to also treat sleeplessness or insomnia. Yes, it also has some side effects, but its major one is that it makes you tired, which is why it is usually prescribed at bedtime. My spouse has tried trazodone and found it to be very effective, even for a longer period of time. One medication does not work for all people."

denspin (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine my doctors have prescribed for me is almost a miracle drug I hope that my new psychiatrist keeps giving me Trazodone Hydrochloride I have been taking this med for ten years and it works at about 400 to 600mg a day"

joccon (taken for 10 years or more) October 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm on 40 mg of celexa and 100 mg of trazadone to help me since my one month old son passed away due to SIDS. Well he was at daycare I wasn't able to function at all but now I can get up and work and function again"

Brixtonsmommy16 October 10, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "been on zolpidem for 10yrs. Tolerance was so high it became ineffective. started w/25mg. and kept getting up after about 3-4hrs (half life). titrated to 50mg for 6 days and still not much better. went to 75mg and moved time taken from 8:30pm to 9:30 and now when I do get up, I am falling back to sleep quickly. I have found one needs to give these meds time to work."

mark gentile September 30, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Just prescribed Trazodone for severe insomnia. First night took 75 mg, immediate and deep sleep till morning but what I would call a hangover effect for rest of day. Woke up with severe cramp in calf muscle. Headache, eyeballs hurt oddly enough, tired throughout day, etc. Last night took perhaps 30 mg which took longer for sleep but it still worked for the insomnia, but again a heavy sense of hangover and fatigue throughout the day. Crampy calves. The doctor says these side effects should subside within a week but I'm not sure. So my take on it is that it works really well for insomnia, but the side effects during the day, if they continue, are totally not worth it. Basic waste of entire day. There's enough variety in the comments I have read that I may keep giving it a try for a time. I find a variety of responses to it kind of strange and interesting."

Amp11111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "It makes me while feeling sleepy and walking afterwards: bump into walls most days I think, but then I have Epitol I take with it too. My foggy tiredness afterward, doesn't last, and I take it around 9:30 or 10 at night, usually. Fortunately, at 50mgs now (25mgs lower), I can fall asleep the way I used to on 75mgs, as I've also cut down on Tegretol, some. I am not taking any Anti-depressants or anti-Psychotics or Hydroxypam for sleep these days, so: Trazodone does help me, but I don't get sleepy til about 3-4:15 A.M. I sleep 8-10 hours with it though. I'd have no quality sleep or sleep at all, without it. I must also say: sometimes after taking it or Tegretol even, I feel the need for vitamin C with Bioflavonoids or D3. Then I can sleep."

Rodikenley September 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Excellent medication! very effective for insomnia and mild depression. If you wake up feeling groggy it's probably because you are taking too much; try half. I take 25 to 50mg at night, have a restful sleep, and wake up in the morning a bit sleepy but I have some coffee and take a shower and problem solved. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I've tried Ambien, Melatonin, Lunesta, Magnesium, Valerian Root to sleep; Zoloft, Fluoxetine, Wellbutrin, and Celexa for depression. This medication is by far the best I've tried for BOTH! Sleep issues and mild depression. Give it a try! 41 years old female with long history of insomnia and mild depression."

Lululand (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The first night I took 1 and I slept so good, but that is probably also because I was running on 2 hours of sleep that day. 2nd night I took 2 at 10pm and finally fell asleep at 4am. 3rd night I took 2 at 1am, took another half at 5:30am and took the other half (total of 3 pills) at 8:30am, finally fell asleep at 9am. Doctor told me I wouldn't have the groggy feeling when I woke up. I was so groggy the last 2 days that I had taken it the night before. If I would move too fast the room would spin, this was over 12 hours of taking the last pill. I called my dr and told her to cancel the prescription because I am not taking them any more"

Snitz2016 September 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "so I'm bipolar and have several other anxieties. My psych proscribed me trazodone to ease me into sleeping...well today is the 2nd night I've taken it and I'm one step away from going to the ER! I took it at 10 and it's almost 5am now and I have yet to sleep. I had a numbness in my body almost like when your foot falls asleep but throughout my WHOLE body, my nose got stuffed up, I'm nauseous, my heart was racing! I started to get a panic attack like no tomorrow. Now I have a huge headache and my eyes hurt! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MEDICATION AT ALL."

Hgabrielle September 26, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Been on ambien for years...sleep walking...not staying asleep. Asked doc to try trazodone...last night I took 25mg at bed time an hour later took 25mg...took first dose at 8:30 it did nothing! Took second dose an hour later. After midnight i took my ambien...went right to sleep. Trazodone is not cooperating!"

Jam lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I am taking 50mg. of trazodone, been taking it 2 nights, and it does nothing, 1st. night got to sleep around 4 o'clock, 2nd night 5:30 am. Going to try taking 2 pills tonight, here's hoping."

cepher September 22, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This stuff did not help me sleep whatsoever... and when I DID sleep, it gave me horrible nightmares, sleep paralysis, and very vivid/strange dreams."

Alois (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I am on the 50MG and The first night of taking trazadone was great slept straight 8hours. The next day didn't work at all. Was up all night. I believe that it hasn't worked as great as the first time. I took one tab(50mg) and can't sleep.(tonight 2a) Should I go one more tab 100mg? Afraid it could do me harm? I am getting more sleep than before but still not enough. I am 5ft 2in around 150 pounds "

Miliescobar94 September 19, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "For anxiety and insomnia was amazed by its effectiveness, first time in many many years I can recall sleeping 8 hours straight, a very pleasant experience, was very refreshed after an 8 hour sleep and this BTW was with taking 1/2 a tablet ..also like that it's not habit forming will use only when needed ....."

silverRidge September 17, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

silverRidge September 17, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Desyrel (trazodone) for Sedation: "Unless I take this at bedtime, I have difficulty falling asleep as well as staying asleep. I am on the 50mg tabs, but usually only need to take half of the pill. Works VERY quickly, so It needs to be taken when in bed,and ready to sleep! It is just as effective now as it was many, many years ago when first prescribed, no need to adjust the dosage. It allows me to sleep later in the morning, and I no longer wake up every 2 hours. I take several other antidepressants during the day, but suffer from chronic pain, a good night's sleep makes a huge difference in my comfort level with no side effects either. I wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day! I highly suggest you try this medication, if Dr suggests it."

Spikey'sMommy (taken for 10 years or more) September 16, 2016

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "After taking 1 50gm pill I was awake all night with my toes and fingers burning, diarrhea, light headed and dizzy, dry mouth, and generally a bad feeling all over. I am very sensitive to narcotics and even after surgery I can't tolerate them. The only meds I take are Tylenol so there shouldn't be any interaction. This was worst than any experience I've had. This was the first time and it will be my last. My doctor has prescribed Rameron (Auro-Mirtazapine 15 mg) as an alternative but I am afraid do what that will do. I know I won't try Teva-Trazodone again no matter if I can never sleep again!"

Eber (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I'm 55 and started not sleeping through the night especially after frequent business trips about 10 years ago. Started taking Ambien as needed, then almost every night which left me not feeling rested and recently only sleeping 3 or 4 hours. Doctor suggested 1 or 2 50mg Trazodone. I tried first time about 10 days ago. 1 made me feel physically very relaxed, like a muscle relaxer, but did not sleep. 2 almost made me feel sick...almost flu like. I finally fell asleep about 6 hours after I took it, and it was such a weird heavy sleep...I couldn't move. Last night I decided to try again. Same thing, heavy feeling but light sleep. Actually woke up 6 hrs later, read for a bit, then super heavy sleep but dreamed a lot. I couldn't get up until 9:15"

JSBneedsleep (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have PTSD as a result of the 1968 TET offensive. It got much worse after I retired. A good night's sleep became 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. VA had me on Prozac which did nothing for the sleep but helped in my awake hours. Then I was given Trazadone 50 mg and told to split it in half 1 hour before bed. I was also told not to increase the dose, but cutting in half again,may help. I did this and now sleep the night getting 6 to 7 hours with only one short break. Dreams are back after becoming all but nonexistant other than flashbacks. My life is greatly improved."

TET Offensive September 14, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was given Trazodoe 50MG for insomnia which I took last night, within a matter of time I became a bit dizzy and my RLS became uncomfortable ...this continued for a few hours. I did fall asleep after about 4 hrs and slept for about 6 hrs. Upon awaking I was no longer dizzy but I felt a little off to the point of being light headed....I will not take this med again....it is very hard to deal with the restless legs while being dizzy and tired...this medication is not for me."

redskynite (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I suffer from insomnia derived from an anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. I have taken trazodone 50mg for sleep for 10 days. The first night, I slept for 13 hours straight. I was extremely fatigued throughout the day for the first 4-5 days on this drug, but I was sleeping through the night for the first time in months, so that side effect was worth it to me. Last night, I took the 50mg tablet, laid down to sleep, and woke up refreshed 9 hours later. No fatigue today whatsoever. This is the first time in a very long time that I woke up feeling well rested and (dare I say it) almost cheerful. Take it a good hour before you want to be asleep in order to avoid tossing and turning at first."

ADAGalloway September 8, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Like so many that have posted here. Have been on Ambian for quite a while, not every night but at least 3-4 times per week. I was eventually up to 2 10 mg tabs to be able to get to sleep but only for about 2-3 hrs. Doc put me on Trazedone because I requested something different. Took one 50 mg when laying in bed and ready for sleep. After about 2 hours, I final fell asleep without it's help. Slept for about 4 hours total. Strong vivid unpleasant dream, cotton mouth and a hangover headache the next morning. Going back to the doc today to give him the bottle w/ 29 of the 30 left."

Tired Nate September 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sedation: "I was prescribed 1/2 to 2 tablets of 50 mg Trazodone to help with my disturbed sleep and it has been a miracle!! I do not know how long it has been that I have slept at least 7 hours straight without waking up several times during the night. I also have anxiety and depression and have been prescribed Effexor. The combination of these two drugs have helped tremendously thus far. It has only been a week and I have had very mild side effects of headache, nausea and dry mouth. Those are slowly dissipating and becoming less and less. I used to wake up with this worry feeling in the pit of my stomach, in a head fog, and fatigued. So far those feelings have gone away. My personal problems haven't gone away but I am able to handle them."

anxlesstingop (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I have fibromyalgia and chronic insomnia. I began taking Trazadone for chronic insomnia of about 7 years. I tried every med out there to get even 3 to 4 hrs a night. I started on 50 mgs at bedtime and it did nothing. So I then took 100 mgs a night and would sleep 3-4 hours and then wake up. My doctor added Lunesta 3 mgs to take with the Trazodone and I sleep all night every night for the first time in at least 7 years. I had tried Lunesta a few years back and it did not work for me at all, but taken along with Trazodone I get a peaceful sleep all night long. I also take Cymbalta and Gabapentin for my Fibro and my life is pretty good. Still get fibro flares every so often but nothing like I used to get when first diagnosed 14 years ago."

Robin1650 September 5, 2016