User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 7 reviews 2 medications

Headache 5 reviews 228 medications

3.2
Summary of Trazodone reviews 808 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "I am literally so thankful for this medication, even though I don't even take it anymore. I took it for 1.5 years. I had horrible insomnia. I was in my first year of med school, and it was getting to the point where my mind was so cloudy, so sick from the lack of quality sleep that I began nearly failing my tests. I had anhedonia, social anxiety, suicidal dreams, no appetite, etc. The first night I took trazodone, my life changed, and all my symptoms washed away. The moment I began sleeping well on trazodone, my grades shot up, my social anxiety was gone, etc etc. This saved me life."

2nd_yr_med_student February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This is one horrible drug. I was given this to help with insomnia as I weened off Clonazepam. I am already on blood pressure medication and the first week I ended up in ER twice with blood pressure reading up near 200, hyperactive, blurred vision, and the shakes. My pressure has continued to roller coaster all over the board for the past two weeks. My regular doctor and cardiologist didn't seem to care so I switched and went to a different health provider. He now has me tapering me off the Tarazadone and is confident my blood pressure will return to normal."

tig1004 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "They took me off valium after taking it for anxieties from a severe Traumatic brain injury while in the military. Now with there new rules they put me on trazodone for anxiety and wow its the worst thing a person can take. Read about all the dangers about the side effects from ssri's they are killing american vets especially. Please if you read this don't ever take a SSRI. I have done a lot of reading and found that antidepressants are horrible for a person. Even the scientist have said they made a mistake and they are not able to test the serotonin in a persons brain. So basically you are a guinea pig. They don't work and your addiction means no more sex!!! How can the drug companies make such a pill to help people when there the worst drug a person can take."

gothomas1 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was on 150mg of Trazodone for about a year and a half. My sleep was awesome. A little groggy in the morning, but I got used to that. Unfortunately, after a few months of starting the med, I began having all day severe dizziness. Didn't think that it could be from the Trazodone and ended up seeing two neurologists trying to figure out what was happening. They couldn't find a cause. Out of frustration I quit the Trazodone cold turkey to see if it could be the cause. Sure enough "

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This has helped me tremendously from day one. I have had trouble sleeping for over 20 years. I was taking the generic for Benadryl for the last twenty years. It would work some of the time but I woke up groggy and some nights I still would not sleep. I was reading the link to people that took Benadryl or the generic for a long period of time and it increasing your risk of Alzheimer's and I panicked. I'm 46 and did not want to chance taking it so I went to the Dr and he prescribed this. What a lifesaver. I sleep every night for at least 7 hours. I wake up refreshed never groggy. I have had no side effects and I have been taking it for 6 months. I wish I would of known about this years ago."

Krissy73 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome: "I take 50 milligrams of Trazodone and experience hypotension. I am also taking Buspar. Clonazepam, Pepcid, Celexa, and today was prescribed Prednisone. Come to find out, some of these drugs can have bad side effects, especially Trazodone. I may have to change to another sleep aid, but really like the Trazodone. Pepcid is not a drug with good side effects. I think it is what is causing my hypotension. I also have been unsteady on my feet and confusion. go figure, we don't know what we are taking that could make us sicker than what we are, or dead."

Frannie5252 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation: "I was given this medication for sleep. I would often wake up around 2:00 in the morning and have trouble falling back to sleep. When you have to get up for work in the morning it made for a rough, long day. When my Dr suggested I try it I was worried about the side effects of feeling groggy the next day, but I was pleasantly surprised! I no longer have trouble waking in the middle of the night and if I do wake up, I usually have no trouble falling back asleep. I wake refreshed with no groggy side effects. I have been taking this medication for probably a year now. Interestingly, I have also found on occasion when I forget to take it, I find that very rarely do I have trouble falling asleep and usually sleep well through the night."

Foxy momma February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am 31 yo fem 5'6, 115 lbs. Prozac helps w/ anxiety but not insomnia. Dr prescribed Traz, start 50mg for few wks, move to 100mg if needed. Last night was 1st 50mg dose. In 30min I was very relaxed & slept really well. Woke up w/ a bad head ache but it's gone now. I believe this Rx will work & will try 25mg for a few nights as body adjusts. For Ambien users, beware that your body isn't only adjusting to new Rx but also you are having withdrawals which can cause sickness, nightmares, sweat, nausea, etc. Maybe slowly reduce Ambien and then try Traz. Just a suggestion, everybody is different & reacts differently. Very good sleep, little s/e that should lessen over the next wk of use. I have tried natural remedies over several years w/ no help."

Noel Dog Walker February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "Some reviewers are commenting Trazodone "does nothing" for their fibromyalgia and only helps them sleep. Yet, insomnia is a HUGE part of the illness! For me, pain is the most crucial factor keeping me from sleeping. However, I find that when I sleep, I have a much better day afterwards-- usually with less pain. [It's a cycle.] I look forward to my quality of life continuing to improve. I have used a much lower dose of Trazodone in the past, and it worked excellently for sleep. This time, I've had to take 150 mgs (plus muscle relaxers sometimes). I need and plan for 10 hours of sleep. Sometimes I wake up feeling great. When I awaken groggy, it wears off after awhile and is usually because I didn't go to bed early enough."

Fibromyalgia/ Insomnia (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took this medicine for the first time last night and I will never take it again. My doctor told me to take a half of the 100mg before bed. It knocked me out for 14 hours, I woke up and felt in a daze, I was unsteady on my feet, I had THE WORST migraine of my life to the point where I couldn't get out of bed. I felt terribly nauseous. I ended up calling out of work."

Lexbc February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed this medication several years ago for anxiety disorder and depression with serious insomnia. It worked like a charm to help me get a really good night's sleep and saved my sanity. I took it daily for about 2 years.. It really knocked me out, so that if someone woke me in the middle of the night I was pretty much incoherent and felt heavily drugged. I did feel alert and rested in the morning. Worst thing for me was a rare side effect that caused my bone marrow to stop producing white blood cells. A swollen lymph node resulted in a blood test, which showed no wbc's at all. Scared of cancer, but my doc told me to stop taking this drug and the tests afterward were back to normal. I suggest you get blood tests if on this med."

Unknown Celebrity (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Still wide awake on most nights at 25mg, Took 50 mg one night slept good, but drowsy the following day throughout the evening!"

Anonymous February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I guess I'm in the group of people that had severe reaction to this medication. The doctor prescribed 100mg trazodone for my "eyes wide open in bed throughout the night" problem. I took caution for the first night and took half a pill or 50mg but after about half an hour my heart stared beating really fast and arrhythmic, my ears and forehead become really hot, etc. it took an hour, two glasses of cold water and trying to breath normally for it to pass. A horrible experience which I won't forget. Next day I went to my doc and yelled angrily that if I had taken full dose it could have killed me and his reaction was something like oops! seems like this med is not for you! Short version : my advice is to take a small dose at first ,if ok then increase "

Max89 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

For Anxiety: "Not sure"

Tici 610 January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took 25mg of Trazodone one night and will never take it again! I hour after going to sleep I woke up to find the room spinning. My heart was pounding and racing. I was sweating profusely and extremely frightened. It has been two days and I am still having a few dizzy spells. Be very careful if you take this medication and make sure you have someone around that can help you have a bad reaction. Hope this helps."

marogold January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I'm a horrible sleeper. Left to my own devices I would typically sleep from 11 til 1 - be awake from 1 til 5 - sleep from 5-630. And that was it. My doc didn't want to give me more Ativan or clonazepam - and immovane etc. made me feel like a truck had run me over the next day. Tried trazadone and I sleep better than I have at any point in my entire life. I am so grateful. 50mgs 30 minutes before sleep. It makes my nose a little stuffy otherwise no side effects."

Christine1960 January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Trazodone really helps me out and I get to sleep within a half hour, the only thing I dislike about it is I feel really groggy in the morning. Other than that it's a really good drug for insomnia. Not addictive."

hasbrogrl74 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I just started trazodone and it's not even working I'm only supposed to take one but one doesn't even work and so I haft to take 2 and it still doesn't work I feel groggy in the morning it's so bad"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "After years of insomnia, OCD & anxiety I tried dozen over the counter and prescribed Meds from Prozac, Celexa, Clonazapam, Zanax and Ambien- being the most effective for my insomnia-I was sleep walking/eating. I'd fall asleep fast but wouldn't stay asleep! I decided to go see a PSYCHIATRIST to properly diagnose me! It paid off, My Doctor prescribed Trazodone 50mg (only Med I take now!!) BEST THING EVER!! Turns out all my symptoms were due to lack of sleep! Although it doesn't make me pass out like Ambien, I get into R.E.M. sleep!! Something I hadn't done for years! Even if I wake up during the night to use the bathroom, I'll fall back into R.E.M.sleep. Wake up like a new person!!"

Graser14 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am 64 a have been taking Trazadone for about 7 months for insomnia . Trazadone did not work for me at all. It caused me to have several side effects including slurred speach, weakness, fatigue, flu like symptoms, brain fog etc. I started out taking 50 mg. I went up to 100 when it didn't work. The withdrawals have been awfull. Reduce 12.5 mg. every 2-4 weeks. Can't wait until I am free of this drug. I did a lot of research to educate myself as to what my body was depleted of to cause insomnia. Taking natural products only now. Melatonin, GABA, Selenium, and some others. Kavinace, and Native Rest. Plus some natural hormone therapy . Have 25 mgs of Trazadone to go until I am off completely. Sleeping good now!"

ZER January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Headache: "I take the medication once in a while and I get terrible headaches in the morning "

aries_lover (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I went a year with hardly any sleep, some nights I didn't sleep at all and Others I got maybe 3-4hours. I have a sleeping disorder where I can't enter REM sleep. So I was prescribed 150mg of Trazodone. It was a complete life saver!! The first two weeks on it I would feel groggy maybe 2-3hours after I woke up, but that wore off and now I just get great sleep! I had many sleep related issues such as severe anxiety, and agoraphobia, but this medicine, having me to be able to sleep cleared the majority of those problems away! This was such a life changer for me I'm so grateful for it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was taking 60mg of restoral at night for about 2 years. I would take Zoloft during the day to help with a PTS disorder. My doc. Recently changed my sleep aid to trazodone 50-100mg a night, I have never had a better nights sleep in my life, the main thing that worked for me was to dim the lights and lay down about 20 minutes after taking trazodone, within 10 minutes I was asleep. Woke up without being groggy all day, no longer need a nap after work or during breaks at work. I have taken ambien, miritzapam, zanex, Tylenol p.m.,Advil p.m. restoral, all to wake up feeling out of it the whole day. Trazodone works well for me, been 7 months with the same results every night 6-7 hours of sweet dreams."

Char41661gmail.com January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation: "Trazodone was prescribed to me as a sedation for sleep at night. I had a very bad night the first night. I had an extreme temperature and excessive sweating. However, this happened to me only in the first night. After that it worked fine. Weirdly I had taken it before and had discontinued due to lack of insurance. The very first time I took it I had the exact same reaction only on the first night. Vivid dreams, extreme sweat, elevated temperature. I felt very feverish. After that, nothing out of the ordinary except being able to sleep."

Dallys (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've had insomnia problems for nearly 20 years. At 27, I barely got 7 hours of sleep a week! Then my doctor prescribed Trazodone and I've never looked back. Now I get 6 hours a night easy."

Sleepless for decades (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2016