User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 6 reviews 2 medications

Headache 4 reviews 246 medications

3.8
Summary of Trazodone reviews 657 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "This medicine definitely worked for me. It takes hours for me to fall asleep and i usually wake up pretty much every hour. I did fall asleep fast and it pretty much kept me asleep. I did wake up 2 or 3 times during the night, but fell right back to sleep. After 9 hours of sleep I could barely open my eyes, they were very bloodshot and I was super sensitive to light. Additionally, I was stumbling around a little. When I woke up at night i felt a little disoriented too. I went back to sleep for another hour and felt a little better. It took hours for the grogginess to wear off. I only took 50mg. I think i may try 10mg and see how that works. I would recommend trying it when you have the next day off, just to test for side effects"

NicknameDave May 21, 2016

For Insomnia: "I almost never experience side effects from medicines Rx or OTC and Trazodone was definitely an exception. When I say it made me dizzy, that is an understatement. I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom with the room spinning so fast I couldn't grip my night stand tightly enough. When I attempted to make my way to the bathroom (10 feet away) and I fell on the floor twice and nearly off the toilet! I couldn't see, stand, sit up – I could hardly even tolerate lying flat without moving at all. And this lasted nearly 10 hours!! 10 hours of pure misery. I'll take the sleep deprivation over that hell any day."

glukkon79 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Sedation: "I took for some years. It is addictive as you need for sleep. After a while you wake up at night with heart razing. I stopped and finally I need only 1/2 .5 clonopine. And even forget. It was hard to stop that drug. But if you need for other reasons it may work for others. I think it's bad. Thank God I'm off of it!! You need to withdraw slowly."

La mer (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I am very sensitive to medication. Even though I've been on almost every psychotropic drug since the age of 5. I take 25mg of Zoloft 1x a day and 25mgs of trazedone 4x a day for C PTSD, panic attacks, GAD, and insomnia. I had to quit taking my klonopin due to being pregnant and I thought I might end my life due to the panic attacks and constant dread. Surprisingly, trazedone during the day replaced the klonopin very well and didn't make me so tired to where I couldn't function like I was worried it might. It slowed my negative responses down and my heart rate down to where I wasn't in panic mode and it's without the more impulsive side effect some of the benzos can give you. I just feel calmer and happier but not like a different person."

Miss Mays (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "Works good definitely helps stay asleep. Can make you a little dizzy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "Works like a charm. Love the sedation. Take it then eat a lot of food you will pass out fast."

AwesomeNess nick (taken for 10 years or more) May 5, 2016

For Sedation: "Night mares."

Glowy (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed Trazodone-50mg to help me sleep but I am not happy with it. I do not fall as leep for 3 hours after taking it. I do sleep through the night, 8-9 hours uninterrupted, but wake up groggy and not feeling alert. I am also taking 10mg prozac and an otc vitamin for stress; 7 I am 73 and in excellent health. I will try taking the T earlier before my next appointment."

mild depression (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on trazodone between 25 and 75 mg for the past 17 years. I have other chronic mental health diagnoses and the trazodone works well without sedating me. I have occasional sleepiness or grogginess the next day, but not really very often. I have dreams that are more lucid and colorful when I take trazodone, I also have sleep Atnia and don't go into REM sleep unless I'm wearing my CPAP, presiden seems to help me get into their REM sleep so that I can dream. It depends on what else is going on with me with the chronic conditions, sometimes my trazodone is less effective when my other conditions are unstable. But I believe that is because of the other conditions. It has improved the quality of my life significantly."

LisalaRN April 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "Great for getting to sleep and really cool dreams, however too many side effects. I didn't realize it because I was on a couple other drugs for anxiety, so I didn't know which one caused problems. After getting off it I stopped having constant a hot feeling or sweating at night, bowel problems, I thought I had some disease because I had diarrhea all day. I also felt apathy/depression. When weaning off it I felt dizzy and very confused. Had hypotension. Had trouble speaking."

Mamaluvschocolate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

For Insomnia: "I began taking Trazadone to help with insomnia about two months ago. The first time I took 25mg (cut the 50mg pill in half) and it worked getting me to sleep, but left me groggy the next day. The next time I tried 12.5mg by cutting the 25mg section in half and that amount helps me get to sleep and leaves me feeling normal in the morning. I was suffering from a bad bout of 2 months of insomnia. Trazadone saved me!"

Helloandgoodbye April 27, 2016

For Headache: "I've been on this for 2 weeks after Paxil for 3 years, the crushing headache is intense. I will give it 1 more week to see if I adjust"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "My Dr. prescribed this for me very recently in place of Lunesta which Kaiser does not carry. Lunesta works wonders for me, knocks me on my butt without any weird feelings or tiredness or drowsiness the following day. This Trazodone does absolutely nothing for me, zero, nada, zippo! I would have much rather spent the $10 on a bottle of cheap vodka to knock my butt out. Luckily, I do still have my muscle relaxers that I can always count on to do the trick, I just never know how long......or how short, I have before I get knocked out."

Afish2000 April 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "It's tough to give an accurate rating for this drug because my 1st experience is really all I have to go on. I was prescribed this as a doctor recommendation over Ambien (which I love & will return to). My reaction to this drug was bad. I am prone to Panic in reaction to body sensations & trazodone was loaded with them. About 25 min after taking 50mg I began to feel dizzy, off balance, & had a drugged feeling. I became very edgy & worried, got a strange taste in my upper gums, my nasal passages closed up, & I experienced a spinning sensation. I personally did not react well & went to bed with a racing heart. Ironically I fell asleep & slept pretty well. Woke up once & the room was spinning. Felt very hung over the next day. Not pleasant"

Wes79 April 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "Been on 100mg of Trazadone for about 2 months. Been using it to deal with sleeplessness and more directly inconsiderate roommates who aren't very conscious when it comes to being quiet overnight. This is also in response to Wellutrin which I was on for 4 months prior for depression, which I'm sure also didn't help with sleep as it's common for contributing to insomnia. Trazadone worked well for a couple months but I now find myself getting up to urinate 2-3 times a night without having to urinate much at all after the fact, and hard to get to sleep as the temporary wake up is followed by an inability to calm down the mind. Will talk to Dr about possibly increasing dose, worked great for 2 months there, but we'll have to see..."

Captain Redface (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Sedation: "I can only get a few hrs of sleep w/o it but I get a good nite sleep when I'm taking regularly"

libra2684 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "It have been effective w/all the symptoms that's associated w/anxiety"

libra2684 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "this has saved me. its been a miracle. I started having horrible sleep problems about a year ago. I'm in med school. I almost failed out of school because of the insomnia. I've tried 4 meds for sleep. trazodone is the only one that works. very cheap, few side effects, I take 100 mg usually. I've been taking it for 6 months, works just as good as the day I started. no morning groginess. I still cant believe such a small cheap pill could transform my life so much. I will take this as long as I need."

medschoolstudent April 18, 2016

For Sedation: "For the longest time I have always little sleep. After being prescribed Sertraline and trazodone to help me sleep. I have noticed a big improvement in my sleeping habits. I get 9 hours of sleep and I actually stay asleep. The downside for me is that I feel tired and groggy throughout the day. Hopefully I will find a new way to not feel this way in which I will share. I take 100mg before I go to sleep"

Florencia3773 April 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "75 Mg a day and this med is much easier on you the next day then other big money designer drugs. Give your system a chance to get used to it and don't forget to get some fiber too.."

Shaky Jake (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is my miracle drug! I take it & within 30 minutes I feel the need to go to sleep. I have very few side effects. Mostly, grogginess in the morning. I also have to go to bed right after I take it or I get dizzy and my heart races. Those side effects done happen if I go to bed before the med sets in! I highly recommend this to anyone who had sleep issues."

Medicinereviewchick April 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "Was on Clonazepan and 5-10 mgs of ambian not great but was living. Doc switched me to trazodone. Horrible!!! Now taking 15-20 mgs of ambian to sleep not suppose to be taking any. Life sucks right now."

Deno 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was on ambien for the longest time, but it gave me wicked side-effects with night time blackouts. I would fall asleep on my couch and would wind up texting people and surfing the internet, then would wake up the next morning in my bed with no clue on how I got there. Dr. switched me to trazadone 50mg. At first I felt like they didn't do much compared to ambien, but after giving it a few months, it really helped keep me asleep. Dr. bumped my rx up to 100mg but now it gives me crazy dreams and I wake up 2-3 times a night. I might bump it down to 75mg and see if that helps out on the level of crazy dreams and night time waking. The night waking might also be because my husband is a light sleeper and wakes up in middle of night to pee."

SleepyMomma April 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking trazodone for several years now, due to menopausal sleeplessness. It works really well for me. I take it and within the hour , I'm ready to sleep. I stay asleep most nights. I take cellexa for depression. I feel great!!! I highly recommend both drugs."

Lels April 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Prozac for clinical depression, the unfortunate side effect of Prozac is insomnia. So I was prescribe Trazodone. The awesome: I fall asleep within 20 min of taking it. 25mg = 4 hrs sleep, 50mg = 8 hrs sleep. If I have a potty break in the middle of the night I can fall back to sleep in short order. The not-awesome: I feel like I'm slightly drunk/high/off the next day. I mean I guess that's awesome if you don't have a job that requires critical thinking in a B2B environment, but since I do, I can't continue to take it & function at the level I need to at work."

SleepySocks (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016