User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 7 reviews 2 medications

Headache 5 reviews 245 medications

3.2
Summary of Trazodone reviews 780 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "For the past 3years insomnia literally no sleep doctor prescribed zoloft and trazadone since Dec 6 2016 I have be sleeping at night!!! I'm happy again, not mean throughout the day, I'm not overthinking life is great I'm happy"

Flyise (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was on Trazodone for nearly a year, taking as much as 300mg nightly. There's a positive and a negative. It does help with sleeplessness because of its sedating effect. It doesn't guarantee you will fall asleep. There were several nights I can remember when it felt like the trazodone wasn't working and I'd be up all night. The positive was it helped on most nights. But just like other prescription drugs, it is habit forming and does cause dependence even though doctors may say otherwise. I tried quitting cold turkey after a few months and my nights were hellish. Zero sleep, racing thoughts, excess energy in the middle of the night, it was absolutely weird. Id only recommend trazodone, if you absolutely must. Try for the natural route."

Abkel01 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation: "I have had insomnia since I was 12, I started taking this when I was 14 and have been sleeping wellish since. My body adjusts to it very easily though, so my doctor had to keep going up on my dose, now I just take my 100 to 150 MG of trazodone at night and a melatonin if i need it. Works pretty well. I don't have any nightmares but my dreams are strange."

Katija (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Update~ i have been on Traz for almost one week. I no longer have any side effects..the dizziness, hang over feeling that lasted all day, does not happen anymore. My dose is 100mg. My body has got used to the drug and now the medication is helping me sleep very well. I have a small snack with the dose and take it 30 minutes before go to bed. Sometimes take a lower dose, like 50mg or 75mg..to see if I can fall asleep with that amount. Sometimes it works other times I have to increase up to 100mg(around 2 hours later..if I haven't fallen asleep). I almost quit this drug, but I worked through the side effects. You need to stay on it for at least 1 week and it should start working well for you and the side effects will lessen or cease."

Sleepy in SD (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've only been taking Trazadone for about a week, but it has been a life changer for me so far. My insomnia was so bad at times that I would be lucky to get 2, 3 hours of sleep, it even that. Followed up with a 9 hour work day. I tried every natural approach for years but I would wake up constantly every night and not be able to fall back asleep. Since taking trazadone (50 mg) I fall asleep and wake up maybe once a night, but fall back asleep fast. I've taking anti depressants in the past, and I find all of them very mild. No night sweats, and I haven't even had a vivid dream yet. I also only have taken this on nights that I really need to. And morning grogginess goes away after a shower and cup of tea and sure beats a day of hell at work."

Brandon M December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Worst time with this medication. Nightmares, sleep walking, severe headaches, vomiting, didn't help me sleep at all, I would wake up and sleep walk into different rooms knowing I was sleep walking but so disoriented I had no idea where I was. On night I walked to a storage building and stripped and fell breaking my arm. I was there until the next morning because I couldn't get up and didn't have a cell phone. My father had tried calling but with no answer he finally drove up and eventually found me... I hated the hangover effect.... I hope others benefit from it."

Irnhorses0 December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I wrote another review under insomnia but it is caused by anxiety. Trazodone has helped me out although I also take Zoloft during the day and I seem to be much better as well as I sleep at night after years of insomnia and anxiety the combination I feel is working. Of course most people can't take Trazodone during the day and I initially had side effects and on the first night fell into my dresser after getting up to use the bathroom. Initial dose was 150 mg so right away I cut it down to 75mg. I still had side effects such as tremors in the morning for a couple of hours and stopped taking it. After going back to very little sleep I tried it again taking only 50mg. The tremors went away after a few weeks. Now all good.THUMBS UP. TRY A MONTH"

Dr. Philgood December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I was prescribed trazodone at 20 years old for depression I took it for 21 years I was also an alcoholic for 21 years my blood pressure was so high the doctor had to change my medication I was petrified as I'd relied on trazodone for so long within 3 weeks taking a new anti depressant metrazapine I'd become the teetotaler that was over 3 years ago can't stand smell of alcohol I was a chronic alcoholic all them years 4 residential rehabilitations even embarrassed as I am to admit it but 4 pregnancys didn't stop my dependency I say it had the opposite effect on me why a GP didn't pick up on it I really don't know"

Mpttinds (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Once it is in your system, the side effects are not so strong. For me it went from severe dizziness and basically "knocking me out"..to no side effects. I also woke up severally drowsy and thought why take this if I can't function the next day? But, I got to a point where I was not sleeping at all, so I kept trying this drug and it got better. I was able to get some sleep and not have harsh side effects. I want to take this short term to get back on track on my own. I am scheduled to see a sleep dr..but until then I will have to take this."

Sleepy in SD (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This medication helped me sleep so much but at first I had to take it with melatonin until they got my dosage right which may take a little while. The only problem I had was the grogginess in the morning which is common"

Marial236 November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "It has been a life saver for me and my insomnia. I've tried other medications before like Ambien but with my anxiety, it was not effective in helping me fall asleep. I've been using Trazodone for years now without any complications. For me, it works instantly or up to the most 10 minutes, depending on my dosage. In the days that I don't have because I'm waiting on my refill, I never get to sleep when I want/need to."

Sweno November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Took 50mg to help me sleep. Woke up after about 4 hours of sleep. Heartbeat fast and thumping, thinking about anything and everything. Couldn't go back to sleep for a couple of hours. The day after I felt amped, jittery and like I was in a fog. Took for two nights, don't plan on taking again. Need some sleep. This drug may work well for you, it's just not for me. I recalled trying this medication a few years ago, had the same results then."

Surfcat November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have suffered from insomnia for years since going through menopause. I used to have to have a couple glasses of wine to fall asleep -- without that I would stay up all night reading -- trying to get tired -- and wind up finishing an entire book. I have been taking this medication for about a month and it's working as prescribed for me. I get drowsy after 30 minutes or so and sleep through the night. I wake up energized and ready to go. I hope it continues to perform as desired. I think I can agree with the dreams -- no nightmares, just dreams which I remember to some degree. I sleep so good that I don't move unless my dog does.... LOL"

EileenPM November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been taking 100MG every night (about the same time 8:30 pm) for about a month and it works like a charm every time. I am finally able to sleep through the night (with the occasional trip to the bathroom) and I love my dreams - like being the star in an exciting movie. For me, I wake up around 5:00 am most days and feel great! I'm hoping to enjoy this for as long as the Doctors allow me to."

JDSGUAM (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "6 years after becoming abstinent from illicit narcotics including opiates I still had not learned to sleep. I managed to learn how to fall asleep sometimes but could not stay asleep. I was prescribed 150mg Trazadone as a safe option for someone with history of substance misuse. Put simply it works for sleeping, has no recreational use potential, and after 7 months no need to up the dose. In fact I reduced it to 75 mg very quickly as it reduced some early side effects such as blurred vision and groggy feeling. Have noticed a small drop in general energy but also a drop in anxiety. Sleeping 1-3 hrs a night created a kind of nervous energy. Ideally I would prefer to not take medication however this works and is safe for me."

Raould Duke (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Nasty nightmares while taking this drug and not that helpful in helping me sleep. I am off this drug now and happy to be..................."

loelle November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "i have primary insomnia i have taken ambien, ativan, xanax, mirt, they all had their issues, ambien does not give one rem sleep, ativan or xanax i got used to real fast, mirtzapine i gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks and will.still wake up 5-6 × a night. finally i have been put on 50 mg. started working like a charm on day 2. very happy."

itisro (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I started this because I was having horrible insomnia for a couple of weeks due to not being able to quiet my brain. I also take Zoloft in the mornings. I have mixed feelings about this drug. This is not a drug that really helps me fall asleep. It does kind of quiet my thoughts some. What it does do though is help me not wake up for hours. I actually do get a full restful nights sleep...eventually. The dreams are also pretty awesome. I feel like I have been on some crazy dream adventures the last couple of months! Sometimes I am slow to come out of my sleep fog in the mornings but nothing a few splashes of cold water to the face won't fix. I also find my anxiety levels are nice and calm the next day. Overall I think it is helpful."

bizygurl73 November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 150 mg of trazadone to help me sleep for over five years now and it is wonderful. My only complaint is that I am a little groggy when I wake up. A couple of years before I started the 150 mg dose, my doc gave me the standard 50mg dose and it did help me at all. My main complaint was that once I fell asleep, I would wake and not be able to go back to sleep. Trazadone solves this problem - it doesn't knock me out so I will wake to any noise or to use the bathroom but I am able to fall back asleep with no problem."

I sleep like a baby. (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed effexor xr 75mg for depression/anxiety. The first week I had maybe 2 hours of sleep a night so my doctor prescribed me trazadone 50mg. The first night I broke it in half. I had anxiety taking it so I felt really dizzy and lightheaded. THE nxt night I took 25 mg I woke up 4 hours later. Now I take the whole 50. It kicks in after 20 mins. I feel so relaxed laying in bed while it kicks in I sleep a solid 10 hours. I take it at 8:30 everynight. I love it! I do wake up a little tired. But once I get up and move around a little I'm ok."

Belle7713 (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "During the time that I was on it, I never experienced any benefits and it just wasn't that effective for me. I was switched from this to some simple melatonin vitamins, which was way more effective."

KMaureen (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took the 50 mg dose and within the first couple hours felt sick to my stomach. During the night I felt like I was half asleep but never fully out. I had a hard time getting up the next day. I felt light headed and kept yawning constantly. I felt like I was in a fog that didn't break until about noon. Later in the day I had a headache. I wouldn't recommend this particular drug."

garada33 October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation: "Pure pharmeceutical trash. I gave the last 29 (of 30) pills to my doc and told her to keep it. Worst night of my life...jittery, heart racing and trembling. ...."

Cody111811 October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took 50 mg last night for the 1st time as Ambien only works 50% of the time. Wide awake all night which was good because I have had horrible diarrhea every 3-6 minutes since 11pm. It is now 7am. Never taking this again. I usually tolerate all kinds of med at high doses. Ugh. Awful"

Neversleeps (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "My Dr, prescribed this to help in falling a sleep. I have taken it in the past and never had any luck, I take 50mg at 9PM and two hours later still wide awake. I took another 50mg and never did fall a sleep. Not impressed."

cheybaloo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016