User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 6 reviews 2 medications

Headache 4 reviews 246 medications

3.8
Summary of Trazodone reviews 639 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Trazodone

For Sedation: "For the longest time I have always little sleep. After being prescribed Sertraline and trazodone to help me sleep. I have noticed a big improvement in my sleeping habits. I get 9 hours of sleep and I actually stay asleep. The downside for me is that I feel tired and groggy throughout the day. Hopefully I will find a new way to not feel this way in which I will share. I take 100mg before I go to sleep"

Florencia3773 April 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "75 Mg a day and this med is much easier on you the next day then other big money designer drugs. Give your system a chance to get used to it and don't forget to get some fiber too.."

Shaky Jake (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is my miracle drug! I take it & within 30 minutes I feel the need to go to sleep. I have very few side effects. Mostly, grogginess in the morning. I also have to go to bed right after I take it or I get dizzy and my heart races. Those side effects done happen if I go to bed before the med sets in! I highly recommend this to anyone who had sleep issues."

Medicinereviewchick April 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "Was on Clonazepan and 5-10 mgs of ambian not great but was living. Doc switched me to trazodone. Horrible!!! Now taking 15-20 mgs of ambian to sleep not suppose to be taking any. Life sucks right now."

Deno 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was on ambien for the longest time, but it gave me wicked side-effects with night time blackouts. I would fall asleep on my couch and would wind up texting people and surfing the internet, then would wake up the next morning in my bed with no clue on how I got there. Dr. switched me to trazadone 50mg. At first I felt like they didn't do much compared to ambien, but after giving it a few months, it really helped keep me asleep. Dr. bumped my rx up to 100mg but now it gives me crazy dreams and I wake up 2-3 times a night. I might bump it down to 75mg and see if that helps out on the level of crazy dreams and night time waking. The night waking might also be because my husband is a light sleeper and wakes up in middle of night to pee."

SleepyMomma April 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking trazodone for several years now, due to menopausal sleeplessness. It works really well for me. I take it and within the hour , I'm ready to sleep. I stay asleep most nights. I take cellexa for depression. I feel great!!! I highly recommend both drugs."

Lels April 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Prozac for clinical depression, the unfortunate side effect of Prozac is insomnia. So I was prescribe Trazodone. The awesome: I fall asleep within 20 min of taking it. 25mg = 4 hrs sleep, 50mg = 8 hrs sleep. If I have a potty break in the middle of the night I can fall back to sleep in short order. The not-awesome: I feel like I'm slightly drunk/high/off the next day. I mean I guess that's awesome if you don't have a job that requires critical thinking in a B2B environment, but since I do, I can't continue to take it & function at the level I need to at work."

SleepySocks (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "I started taking this medicine for about 3 weeks now. It works like a charm when it comes to falling asleep, but the next day i feel like a snail and i also have severe confusion. I sometimes feel high too. If anyone has insomnia like me, try something else"

rainbowdash82 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Sedation: "I have taken 100mg for at least 10 yrs for sleep. It works great for me, a slight groggy feeling in the morning, but well worth it to have a full night sleep. I fall asleep soon after taking it. I have at times sleep walk. I will find out in the morning when I find stuff moved around, dusting supplies in the washer machine, and tools from the garage in the kitchen. But I have slept walked since I was a little girl. And it seems to only happen when I am worried about something. This drug has been around for a long time and the benefit out ways side affects for me."

Anonymous April 5, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have insomnia, it's horrible. My story begins with my PCP prescribing me Prozac to help with intestinal issues, because I was desperate I tried it, I was on it for 3 weeks. Stopped because of insomnia. Then I was prescribed Ativan, it out me out, but was very addicting. I had rebound insomnia. Then after about 14 days I hardly any sleep l tried the doctor one more time. I asked him about Trazadone. He told me that was a good medication for insomnia. He put me on 25 mgs, but stated I may have to figure out what dosage is best for me. I am currently taking 100 mgs, which is on the low range of what is prescribed, 400 mgs being at the high end for insomnia. I have the dry mouth and nasel congestion. I can live with that, I sleep now, yeah..."

Rach418 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone has been a miracle sleep medicine for me. I've been taking it for 2 years and am sleeping better than I have in 30 years. I usually take 50mg, occasionally 100mg depending on what's going on that day, about 1 hour before bedtime. I don't feel any morning side effects as some folks have mentioned, but I don't wake up to an alarm clock so maybe that helps."

55 yr old Male (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "My doctor gave me this for insomnia, 50 mg at bedtime. She said it was like ambien only it wasn't addictive. It definitely does not work for me and is not like ambien!!"

Genie63 March 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "over the years I've had to advise the psychiatrists I've worked with to PLEASE advise the patients to take it with a slight SNACK - take it with food. It wasn't working for me until 25 years ago a doctor told me food/snack - its been working for me for 25 years."

master sergeant March 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "My doc prescribed this pill to me for insomnia and at the time i was started out with depression. She thought this pill would kill two birds with one stone. All it did was make me feel very drowsy and groggy the next morning. Did not cure my insomnia nor depression. Not to mention everytime I took it I would get very bad nasal congestion and pressure. I didn't like this med."

Lcowan7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed trazadone after my doxepin stopped being effective. It didn't help much. I finally fell asleep but couldn't function the next day. I've tried ambien but I sleep drove very unsafe! I'm still looking for the right med for me."

Dawnsquest March 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "Knocked me out quickly but made the morning after impossible. Much Too strong for me."

Wj Chapman March 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "Useless as a sleep aid. Zombie like effects the next day."

Trazadon't March 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "Since childhood, I slept very little. Suffered for more than 40 years. Have been on trazadone for insomnia and depression for 20 years. What a lifesaver! For years I was on 150mg, but felt sleepy during the day. I cut back to 50 mg. but was only able to sleep 5 to 6 hours. Last night I took 100 mg. and slept for a solid 8 hours and feel great! Guess I will stay on 100 mg. Can't imagine life without it! Highly recommend."

Insomniac no more (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "I started 3-10-16 had insomnia bad, went to sleep at 9pm woke up at 5am. Felt a bit groogy but by 7am I was feeling good. This drug works for me, I was told to take half of the 50mg at bedtime. Good luck to u"

MsJW March 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I am a Parkinson's patient for 6 years. Insomnia due to muscle pain & contractions has plagued my ability to sleep. Previously a very healthy & fit person who rarely took medication. At my MD request I reluctantly tried Trazodone 50mg. I take only half a pill along with half a PD pill 30 mins before bed. It's been amazing, no side effects, awesome sleeps & if I wake up for a washroom visit, easy 2 get back to sleep. No morning drousyness. The small amount of anti depressant is a bonus. I don't do every night but can assure it's not addictive."

Nigair (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Trazodone after menopause when insomnia kicked in. I've been taking 25-50 MG a night for 6 years. Works well, 20 minute onset. Not groggy in the Morning and helps with my anxiety. My mother took it for 15 years. Awesome drug for us."

Aubergine (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2016

For Depression: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 months ago although I feel I've had it for 8 years .. For the past 8 years I've woken up miserably tired so tired that it's unbearable and has made my life very difficult.major brain fog..extremely sensitive...lots of anxiety.. This led to depression Although I knock out every night the doctor put me on trazodone to improve my quality of sleep. I started off at 25 mg was groggy for three days ALL day even with coffee so I decided to cut it and am now on 15 mg and today marks 14 days on it..I never wake up during the night..I wake up sleepy but ready to go! Unlike every other morning the past 8 years where I could barely function.. I'm less anxious I feel happier and am extremely thankful."

Lilfunyan86 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was told to take 100 mg at bedtime. WORTHLESS. I have to take benadryl x 4 and melatonin 40 IU and 800 mg naproxin to even start to get sleepy. My insurance will not pay for the one sleep aid that does help, Belsomera."

lkjhpoiuasdfzxv March 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was put on this medication as an alternative to ativan (OTC, melatonin, and Valerian root failed). I didn't realize initially that it was an antidepressant since my doctor said it was a sleeping pill. I'm also on Lexapro and Welbutrin and I'm very sensitive to antidepressants. I was started at 50 mg, which did nothing. 100 mg next for about a week which left me feeling awful in the mornings. She then increased it to 200mg and it was an awful experience. I took it at 8pm and fell asleep around 2am. I woke up at 7am for work feeling awful. I sat through two meetings feeling dazed, dizzy, nauseated and out of it. All that evening and the next day I had flu-like symptoms and couldn't stand without feeling like I would faint. Overall, horrible"

Becmo253 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

For Sedation: "I fell asleep fast ,but woke very groggy ,all day grogginess ,with head swelling , I reported it to my dr, I was told to keep taking it, I told her no ."

willa4d March 3, 2016