User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 7 reviews 2 medications

Headache 5 reviews 245 medications

3.2
Summary of Trazodone reviews 751 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "Im on 50 mg trazodone,started last week slept good til last night got up few times wondering why"

michele harvey October 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "It is now 36 hours since I took the first-and only- dose (100mg) of this drug for intermittent insomnia. I am still drowsy and having balance problems caused by dizziness. This is a very dangerous drug IMO and I wish I hadn't taken it. I only hope these disturbing side effects eventually subside."

Pookie's Problem October 18, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "If I could give it a 0, I would absolutely do so. Started at 50mg, and felt WIRED. Wanted to get up and clean the house! Bumped it to 100mg, less wired, but still wide awake all night. Bumped to 150, with the same lack of effect. MD informed me after this dose it becomes less effective for sleep, so why even bother. 15 years of trying different sleep medications and alternatives, and this, I can say for sure, was the LEAST effective I have ever come across. At it's low price point, feel free to give it a try, and maybe you will be luckier? Everyone's sleep conditions are different. But if you get hyper after benadryl, expect the same reaction to this drug."

JeccaLeigh (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Absolutely worthless. Those who see an effect are probably just falling for the placebo effect. If you have real sleep problems and want your life back, get a real sleep medicine. Trazadone is not one; it's an antidepressant and a crappy one at that. Ambien, Lunesta and benzos are proper sleep meds and will enduce sleep. Trazadone is a pill filled with worthlessness. You may as well take a pill filled with sawdust."

Stevebuzz82 October 18, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Trazodone works well for my insomnia. I take a low dose. 25 to 50 mgs before bedtime. This medication works well with a light snack since it helps the medication work better. My only complaint is that I feel a a little hungover the next day but that is common with any medication for sleep. I seem to sleep a lot better now and don't seem to struggle as much to get asleep."

Sleepless in ohio October 16, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The secret to successful Trazodone use is to take it at the same time every night. I do 8:30. Then you need to go to bed within an hour for me.... if I don't go to bed relatively soon after taking it the opposite effect sometimes happens. I get a solid sleep. No movement,vivid dreams which I actually look forward to."

Blondie1954 October 16, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Idk about this. I took it last night, about 20 mins later, I got real fuzzy in my head and my body was heavy feeling. I tossed and turned for a few mins then went to sleep. The next morning though, ohmygosh, I do not like the feeling of being groggy all flippin day. My heart races, I feel weird. I don't like it and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Nonickname October 14, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sedation: "Committed myself to an inpatient detox for my alcoholism. I was given 50mg of trazadone each night and within 15-20 mins i was sleeping very well. Then they upped the dose to 100mg. That was too much for me. Woke up dizzy in the middle of the night but returned to bed and when i awoke i felt just fine. When you take this for the first time make sure your on your way to bed. Im 6'3" and 180lbs. This works for me instead of using different otc drugs. Hope this helps somebody."

Tfcfefwf October 14, 2016

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "It worked well on low dosage but after my Dr increased the dosage to 200mg at night I feel worse I have told my doctor that I have now lost complete appetite .. nausea ,throwing up and massive loss weight. She stopped the Drug and switched it with Wellbutrin same day with .05 rivitrol and another antidepressant."

Hoosen (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is a complicated drug. It works for some, but for others there are a myriad of side effects. For me, and my insomnia, it worked for a week or two. Then, it became ineffective, even though I doubled the dose from 50 to 100 MG. If you suffer from depression, check your nortriptyline level if you are on pamelor or a generic version. Pamelor is still an effective tricyclic anti-depressant that is used to also treat sleeplessness or insomnia. Yes, it also has some side effects, but its major one is that it makes you tired, which is why it is usually prescribed at bedtime. My spouse has tried trazodone and found it to be very effective, even for a longer period of time. One medication does not work for all people."

denspin (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine my doctors have prescribed for me is almost a miracle drug I hope that my new psychiatrist keeps giving me Trazodone Hydrochloride I have been taking this med for ten years and it works at about 400 to 600mg a day"

joccon (taken for 10 years or more) October 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm on 40 mg of celexa and 100 mg of trazadone to help me since my one month old son passed away due to SIDS. Well he was at daycare I wasn't able to function at all but now I can get up and work and function again"

Brixtonsmommy16 October 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "been on zolpidem for 10yrs. Tolerance was so high it became ineffective. started w/25mg. and kept getting up after about 3-4hrs (half life). titrated to 50mg for 6 days and still not much better. went to 75mg and moved time taken from 8:30pm to 9:30 and now when I do get up, I am falling back to sleep quickly. I have found one needs to give these meds time to work."

mark gentile September 30, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Just prescribed Trazodone for severe insomnia. First night took 75 mg, immediate and deep sleep till morning but what I would call a hangover effect for rest of day. Woke up with severe cramp in calf muscle. Headache, eyeballs hurt oddly enough, tired throughout day, etc. Last night took perhaps 30 mg which took longer for sleep but it still worked for the insomnia, but again a heavy sense of hangover and fatigue throughout the day. Crampy calves. The doctor says these side effects should subside within a week but I'm not sure. So my take on it is that it works really well for insomnia, but the side effects during the day, if they continue, are totally not worth it. Basic waste of entire day. There's enough variety in the comments I have read that I may keep giving it a try for a time. I find a variety of responses to it kind of strange and interesting."

Amp11111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "It makes me while feeling sleepy and walking afterwards: bump into walls most days I think, but then I have Epitol I take with it too. My foggy tiredness afterward, doesn't last, and I take it around 9:30 or 10 at night, usually. Fortunately, at 50mgs now (25mgs lower), I can fall asleep the way I used to on 75mgs, as I've also cut down on Tegretol, some. I am not taking any Anti-depressants or anti-Psychotics or Hydroxypam for sleep these days, so: Trazodone does help me, but I don't get sleepy til about 3-4:15 A.M. I sleep 8-10 hours with it though. I'd have no quality sleep or sleep at all, without it. I must also say: sometimes after taking it or Tegretol even, I feel the need for vitamin C with Bioflavonoids or D3. Then I can sleep."

Rodikenley September 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Excellent medication! very effective for insomnia and mild depression. If you wake up feeling groggy it's probably because you are taking too much; try half. I take 25 to 50mg at night, have a restful sleep, and wake up in the morning a bit sleepy but I have some coffee and take a shower and problem solved. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I've tried Ambien, Melatonin, Lunesta, Magnesium, Valerian Root to sleep; Zoloft, Fluoxetine, Wellbutrin, and Celexa for depression. This medication is by far the best I've tried for BOTH! Sleep issues and mild depression. Give it a try! 41 years old female with long history of insomnia and mild depression."

Lululand (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The first night I took 1 and I slept so good, but that is probably also because I was running on 2 hours of sleep that day. 2nd night I took 2 at 10pm and finally fell asleep at 4am. 3rd night I took 2 at 1am, took another half at 5:30am and took the other half (total of 3 pills) at 8:30am, finally fell asleep at 9am. Doctor told me I wouldn't have the groggy feeling when I woke up. I was so groggy the last 2 days that I had taken it the night before. If I would move too fast the room would spin, this was over 12 hours of taking the last pill. I called my dr and told her to cancel the prescription because I am not taking them any more"

Snitz2016 September 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "so I'm bipolar and have several other anxieties. My psych proscribed me trazodone to ease me into sleeping...well today is the 2nd night I've taken it and I'm one step away from going to the ER! I took it at 10 and it's almost 5am now and I have yet to sleep. I had a numbness in my body almost like when your foot falls asleep but throughout my WHOLE body, my nose got stuffed up, I'm nauseous, my heart was racing! I started to get a panic attack like no tomorrow. Now I have a huge headache and my eyes hurt! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MEDICATION AT ALL."

Hgabrielle September 26, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Been on ambien for years...sleep walking...not staying asleep. Asked doc to try trazodone...last night I took 25mg at bed time an hour later took 25mg...took first dose at 8:30 it did nothing! Took second dose an hour later. After midnight i took my ambien...went right to sleep. Trazodone is not cooperating!"

Jam lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I am taking 50mg. of trazodone, been taking it 2 nights, and it does nothing, 1st. night got to sleep around 4 o'clock, 2nd night 5:30 am. Going to try taking 2 pills tonight, here's hoping."

cepher September 22, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This stuff did not help me sleep whatsoever... and when I DID sleep, it gave me horrible nightmares, sleep paralysis, and very vivid/strange dreams."

Alois (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I am on the 50MG and The first night of taking trazadone was great slept straight 8hours. The next day didn't work at all. Was up all night. I believe that it hasn't worked as great as the first time. I took one tab(50mg) and can't sleep.(tonight 2a) Should I go one more tab 100mg? Afraid it could do me harm? I am getting more sleep than before but still not enough. I am 5ft 2in around 150 pounds "

Miliescobar94 September 19, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "For anxiety and insomnia was amazed by its effectiveness, first time in many many years I can recall sleeping 8 hours straight, a very pleasant experience, was very refreshed after an 8 hour sleep and this BTW was with taking 1/2 a tablet ..also like that it's not habit forming will use only when needed ....."

silverRidge September 17, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

silverRidge September 17, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Desyrel (trazodone) for Sedation: "Unless I take this at bedtime, I have difficulty falling asleep as well as staying asleep. I am on the 50mg tabs, but usually only need to take half of the pill. Works VERY quickly, so It needs to be taken when in bed,and ready to sleep! It is just as effective now as it was many, many years ago when first prescribed, no need to adjust the dosage. It allows me to sleep later in the morning, and I no longer wake up every 2 hours. I take several other antidepressants during the day, but suffer from chronic pain, a good night's sleep makes a huge difference in my comfort level with no side effects either. I wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day! I highly suggest you try this medication, if Dr suggests it."

Spikey'sMommy (taken for 10 years or more) September 16, 2016