User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Trazodone Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Trazodone to treat Anxiety

"I find it gets me to sleep, but my eyes are red and sore a lot of the time. Thinking of halfing my dose but been on it for 6 years now"

Mummum43 July 26, 2016

"I can sleep finally. Great drug! I take 100 mg and Ill not go up to 150 like my dr said because Im sleeping good enough now. I take Zoloft in the morning and after almost 7 weeks I feel better and less anxious. I give it an 8 because I had low blood pressure the first few days and still have a bit hang over in the morning."

diana1971 July 6, 2016

"I have bpd adhd anxiety and bit of parinoa, the first week of taking it I felt great but now I've got use to taking it now im still getting parinod at work that people are talking behind my back maybe I should go on a higher dose but I'm not to sure if it help paranoia or not"

Naomicat14 June 12, 2016

"Having taken this for a month I can say that it has been effective in relieving me of debiliating anxiety and made me a lot calmer. Highly effective for sleep. Side effects I've noticed are shaking, excessive sweeting, low appetite and a sort of 'hang over' in the morning. Began therapy recently which has helped and I would advise all other anxiety sufferers to try this too!"

SADob (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

"I am very sensitive to medication. Even though I've been on almost every psychotropic drug since the age of 5. I take 25mg of Zoloft 1x a day and 25mgs of trazedone 4x a day for C PTSD, panic attacks, GAD, and insomnia. I had to quit taking my klonopin due to being pregnant and I thought I might end my life due to the panic attacks and constant dread. Surprisingly, trazedone during the day replaced the klonopin very well and didn't make me so tired to where I couldn't function like I was worried it might. It slowed my negative responses down and my heart rate down to where I wasn't in panic mode and it's without the more impulsive side effect some of the benzos can give you. I just feel calmer and happier but not like a different person."

Miss Mays (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2016

"Great for getting to sleep and really cool dreams, however too many side effects. I didn't realize it because I was on a couple other drugs for anxiety, so I didn't know which one caused problems. After getting off it I stopped having constant a hot feeling or sweating at night, bowel problems, I thought I had some disease because I had diarrhea all day. I also felt apathy/depression. When weaning off it I felt dizzy and very confused. Had hypotension. Had trouble speaking."

Mamaluvschocolate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

"It have been effective w/all the symptoms that's associated w/anxiety"

libra2684 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

"I used to feel vaguely anxious all the time and acutely anxious some of the time -- and have trouble sleeping. Now, I feel some anxiety (which is natural if you are 65, single, childless, and have little money!) -- but I don't worry and obsess and make Plan A, B, C, D, and E the way I once did. I even feel confident that things will work out! And I sleep thorugh the night....I rarely have trouble falling asleep, so what I usually do is go to sleep & when I wake up in the night and can't back to sleep, take it then. This works like a charm for me. The only side-effects seem to be occasional dizziness.....Trazodone is WAY better than Elavil (HORRIBLE drug) and Lorazepam which kept me spaced out and unable to remember anything."

sleeplessandanxious (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

"In the last year I've lost my husband, my job, and as a result, I relapsed. Alot of stress, anxiety, and little sleep. I am now 6 months clean. Began taking trazadone 6 mos ago. After a few months it was not helping me long term. It would some what relax me, I'd fall asleep, but suddenly, I was awoke after about 3 hrs . After communicating that, I was told that because of my weight gain now weighing 198, height (5'3") that contributed to the non effectiveness, and the fact that on the end of my treatment, I was no longer taking some of the other meds. Anyways, once my dosage was increased to 100mg, and I've felt so at ease, and have slept through the whole night like a baby. Thank God for Trazadone, 2 thumbs up."

Sleepie Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2016

"I began taking this around 3 months ago after the end of my marriage. I wasn't sleeping, had violent mood swings, really bad anxiety and bouts of tearfullness. I take 50mg at bedtime, it eases me into a gentle restful sleep with no groggy feeling in the morning. I'm a lot calmer and haven't killed anyone ;)"

Ruthywhiff December 19, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My daughter (age 12) tried Lexipro for severe anxiety (school refusal etc.) The Lexipro made her hallucinate black blobs and become depressed in addition to anxious. The root of her problem was ADD/Dyspraxia and a Reading Disorder that led to numerous negative school experiences. After researching different medications, her PCP and I zoned in on Trazodone to help her sleep and relax. It changed my daughter's life. This med, in addition to a nurturing and small private school has made a huge difference. She's not only functional but she is happy--no more meltdowns--and she thrives socially and academically. (She is 100 lbs and takes 1.5 tablets each night.)"

HQ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2015

"I've been using this drug for about 4 months to help combat insomnia and anxiety, and it works, but not in the best way... For insomnia, this is the ONLY drug that manages to knock me out for about 8 or 9 hours straight, but when you wake up the next morning, prepare to feel groggy and disoriented for at least 5 hours the next day, which is way to long to feel this way, IMHO. For anxiety, you don't feel ANY anxiety while on this drug, but that's because this drug makes you so groggy and tired that you can't really think of anything while on this drug. My advice, take this drug ONLY occasionally, not every night like I did. I'm quitting this drug tonight."

ihatetrazadone4life (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2015

"I have had bouts of severe and at times crippling anxiety for over 20 years. Though I mastered recognition of severe anxiety and can skip the ER realizing I cannot die from a panic attack, the effects would still bring me physically to my knees. I failed to respect the source of anxiety: depression. However, the SSRIs out today like Zoloft, etc, are bad on your brain and totally destroy your libido. You eventually are robbed of sleep and the problems spiral: blood pressure, obesity, apnea. Trazadone solves both problems for me, mental depression, physical insomnia. Side effects for me are: muscle spasms/weakness, balance problems, dry eyes, left side throbbing headache and some mania. Hopeful for the future."

Kevroy DC December 3, 2015

"I was prescribed this for sleep and to help elevate my mood. My prescription was for 25-50 mg at bed times, but I found it wasnt effective for sleep unless I took the entire 50. It worked well for sleep but I experienced many side effects. Some harmless like vivid dreaming, but mostly bad like teeth clenching, nose bleeds, severe nasal dryness and stuffiness, as well as appetite surpression and increased mood swings (mostly anxiety.) I ended up not wanting to tolerate these things and came off it after 3 weeks. It did not elevate my mood, however I may not have been on it long enough."

foreOdin November 10, 2015

"Having battled anxiety and insomnia for years, and not wanting to take an addictive drug, trazodone has done wonders for me. I take 200 mg a half hour before bed and then light's out for 8 hours. I used to wake up groggy but that went away after three weeks. Best sleep aid I have ever had. Now, no more anxiety."

SleeplessinCT (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My dose is 150mg at night. First week: weird dreams but I persisted with it. Second week: weird dreams stopped. Felt same as before. Third week: anxiety gone! That was three years ago. I now manage return of mild anxiety by walking one to two hours a day."

EdBb July 4, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Zero help with anxiety but seemed to help with hallucinations which at least was something"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2015

"I take it for sleep 100/200 mg at nite this is the only way I can go to sleep I get 4 hrs of great sleep than I start waking up but the sleep is good if I wake up to early I take 50mg more"

#1 babygirl April 19, 2015

"I was put on 50mg trazodone almost 4 weeks ago, for anxiety with the resultant insomnia. Within a few days, I felt much calmer and not worrying and getting worked up about simple things. It was day 10 before it really kicked in to help me sleep, I will sleep for maybe 2-3 nights in a row, then have a wakeful night, although I still feel rested after a few hrs sleep. All things considered, they are helping me a lot."

Yotanka7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

"My MD recommended I start taking 25mg at night to help with my sleep/anxiety issues. The past six months I've been battling anxiety and depression intermittently. The past 4 days have been the best since the attacks started. I really can't say enough. No side effects for me at all."

Fearlessnomore (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had an issue for many years where I could not shut my brain off when I went to sleep. My doctors had tried Xanax, Valium, sleeping pills (over counter and prescription) and though some worked initially they did not completely work for me. I was talking to a Psychiatrist friend of mine and they suggested that I try Trazodone. After researching it and seeing that it was an anti-depressant I was extremely skeptical and concerned about side effects. I started with 50mg at night and the first night I took it was the best nights sleep I had in a long time. I am now on 100mg at night and always have great nights sleep. The only side effect I have is vivid dreams."

MisterDinMaryland December 17, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was put on this pill 100mg for anxiety and sleep issues. After two days of taking the pills I started to have angry and violent thoughts and feelings. My sleep didn't get any better either. I stopped taking after those two days."

Megooooh December 1, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was prescribed Trazodone for anxiety, insomnia, and depression. It worked very well after the first week of the nausea and strange feelings that come with a new medicine. It helped me sleep, I was less depressed and found it easier to find things to look forward to. HOWEVER. If you are prone to side effects in psych meds, be careful. In less than two months my hair thinned to about half of what it was before. I have since quit and am taking supplements to help regrow my hair, and bathing in my own tears."

Ophelia9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Desyrel (trazodone): "I have anxiety disorder but I take it to sleep. It works very well to get a good night's sleep. One 50 mg pill at bedtime."

TommyPF October 21, 2014

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been suffering from generalised anxiety disorder for the last 10 years, on and off many anti depressants. I have been on citalopram/SSRI for about the last 5 years, but it never did the job thoroughly and I felt that is as good as it's ever going to get. I started Trazodone 2 days ago, and I feel like a new person. Anxiety down by an immense amount, confidence levels boosted beyond what I've ever felt. I am combining it with the citalopram, however, as always medication affects every individual differently. Just a matter of trial and error. Only side effects so far are dry mouth, and slightly impaired concentration. But they are MINOR compared to the anxiety I used to have."

Gareth_Reborn (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next