User Reviews for Secukinumab

Also known as: Cosentyx

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Secukinumab.

Plaque Psoriasis

Psoriatic Arthritis
3.4

Ankylosing Spondylitis
2.2

Summary of Secukinumab reviews 4.6 56 reviews

Reviews for Secukinumab

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Cleared up my plaque psoriasis about 95% -- could tell a difference after after first or second dose. Psoriatic arthritis pain has been significantly improved. Still some pain the fingers, but that's probably just osteoarthritis. TMJ (PA related perhaps?) pain and jaw clicking went away completely. No side effects noted after 6 months (knock on wood)."

Jim813 February 14, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Severe as for 54 years-bilateral hip replacements 30 years ago-total fusion of spine-Benn, on Remicade for 10 plus years. Doc gave me a 150mg injection of consentyx 1 week post 200 mg Remicade infusion. Stared shaking uncontrollably for an hour followed by chills until early morning. Then the whole body itching and runny nose started followed by hives near the injection site. My eyes were the worst and wouldn't stop itching and I started wheezing with each breath. Took almost 30 days for the symptoms to stop. Told the doc and she thought it was just a cold and wanted to continue cosentryx. Absolutely no way I would take it again. Back to Remicade. Tip-what also helps my AS is doxicyline-100 once per day. Try it."

pas2 February 6, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Stated this drug forAnkylosing spondylitis as in October after other biologics stopped working on 150mg monthly. Very light headed, fatigued joints, sore, tired all the time. I don't think this one has helped at all. I have a review with rheumatoglist on 20th Feb (1st review since starting this biologic) I'm gonna tell him it is no better. I've had AS from 2001 so know by now what works found Enbrel was the best 1 for me till it stopped working"

Tinker bell 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "It is the worst"

Walter111 January 28, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had Psoriasis for over 20 years and tried UVB and other medications. None of them is working until Cosentyx was approved. I got clean skin in loaded period. It worked as miracle."

patyhu (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Was on loading dose for 5 weeks. Then increased by 50mg every two weeks, upped to 300gm after 4 months loss of mobility back ankle shoulder pain lots of inflammation. I was thriving on embrel but had to come off it 6 months in deteriorating and now will have to go back to drawing board."

Mwald (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "This drug caused me nothing but grief ! It was not worth the side effects for the tiny fraction of relief !! By month 3 I had a bad case of tonsilitis which I could not get rid of ! I always felt ill, with swollen glands , tired and very fatigued ! Even after a tonsillectomy which was horrible and never healed right , I feel like garbage !"

GMR 74 January 4, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Have been on Cosentyx, monthly, along with methotrexate, weekly, going on two years for psoriatic arthritis. After about a year, my finger joint pain, stiffness and swelling seemed to lessen quite a bit to the point where I didn’t need to take an anti inflammatory on a regular basis. A couple of months ago I experienced a very bad flare up which seems to be getting worse. Also a recent X-ray of my hands shows increased joint damage, which leaves me to wonder if the Cosentyx is actually working. My Rheumatologist wants to double the Cosentyx dose to see if it makes a difference before she starts me on Humira. I’m wondering if Humira is consistently more effective for PSA than Cosentyx?"

SamiC. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have just finished the loading phase and feel that I do have less pain but I feel itchy on my hips yet have no psoriasis there though just itchy skin. I am a diabetic and my blood sugar has become very high and I am having a heck of a time trying to bring it down, I use insulin, I keep taking higher and higher doses of insulin but I am not there yet. This is a worry as diabetes is a gateway disease for so many other diseases. Also, having a lot of pain around my ankles, not sure it is connected also having a creepy crawlies on my face that is annoying. Don't see my Rheumatologist until the end of January to ask him about this stuff."

Yvette R (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Absolutely destroyed the psoriasis. I sometimes forget I have it & forget to re-order... boom! $70mo"

HappyMealz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Completed 10 shots - the loading phase. Now into the 1 shot per month maintenance phase. But I’ve noticed little improvement to “maintain”. What I have noticed is that the scaling has stopped, replaced by dark - almost gray - Itchy bumpy skin where the P is, surrounded by itchy bumpy normal colored skin. Also since I’ve started the drug, I have itchy spots all over - even in places I never had P and still don’t have P."

Anonymous CA November 30, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Cleared about 80% of plaques, mild help on arthritis pain. Major hair loss"

Good life November 20, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "After the initial phase I got very sick and my psoriasis has not improved at all. Runny nose ( like really bad) chills, hives, plenty of pimples everywhere and really tired . Hair Follicles infected. Bad medication"

Laika (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "7 year sufferer, 2 1/2 years on UVB and laser therapy. I've only taken 2 shot and I'm noticing a huge difference already. My hands no longer look like I was in a fire and one leg is almost totally clear. So far, no side effects. I had instant side effects with Otezla-from the first dose. I'm giving this an 9 only because of the insurance issue. Even thou they approved Otezla, I'm having a hard time getting Cosentyx approved. Hoping this is my miracle cure."

Shel1119 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I suffered with plaque and even worse painful inverse psoriasis for over 40 years. Through the years I've tried every prescription from ointments, sprays and pills all with mixed results. I started on Cosentyx after 3 weeks the inverse psoriasis was completely clear and 6 weeks the plaques were gone 9 weeks I am completely clear head to toe. My 40 year battle is over."

Scubabear (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have psoriasis and I did not have PSA but my doctor said it was time to start something else because creams and ointments were no longer working. I have good insurance and my doctor started me on Cosentyx samples to start, Novartis was sending me samples at no charge said they would work with my insurance to get it approved, no problem they said if your insurance doesn't cover it you will be covered through us for 2 years. Go ahead and start they said, now that my insurance has declined it twice they want me to sign away all of my Federal Privacy Laws pertaining to my private health information or they will not send me anymore samples. I have 10 biologic shots in me at this time- how do you switch now?!"

bellaclark (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

For Plaque Psoriasis: "Not happy. After 5 injections of 300mg, only 20% cleared. Still with Redness and thickness. Itching reduced somewhat."

prpr (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "My husband switched Rheumy's & the new doc felt Remicade was not longer controlling his AS as his C-spine has started to fuse. After 3 months of talking up the benefits of Cosentyx my husband made the switch. Worse decision ever. Quality of life is horrible, he lives in his recliner once again. Back pain severe. Joints swollen, which never happened before. And the worst part 3 bouts of upper respiratory infections, last one is now pneumonia. Doc says at first not the Cosentyx...but it's a side effect I say. Duh. Very disappointed. Hope he can restart Remicade."

butterfly8184 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Excited to be starting this Biologic as hospital team assured me it was really suitable for the effective treatment of my psoriatic arthropathy and psoriasis. By the fourth weekly injection I had had two chest infections and the most horrible urinary tract infection. Three lots of antibiotics and a 7 lb. weightloss due to being so sick, I admitted defeat and didn't take the 5th dose. Admittedly the arthropathy eased slightly during the injection period but this was more likely due to the enforced bed rest due to being so ill than to the effects of the Cosentyx. Goodbye Cosentyx. Going back to Arcoxia."

Xytnesoc1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Very impressed. After four injections my psoriasis is very close to being gone. Still some scarring but itching has stopped. I generally feel much better physically and emotionally."

prebev (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Had much more pain in joints than the any other treatment including methotrexate, Humara, and for a couple years of nothing but Tylenol and Advil. Week 8 and going back to Humara."

Danny l August 2, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Heartbroken"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "@ Thomas Sakowych RE:your comment on Cosentyx use for psoriasis. You stated on 10/31/15 that you had lost your big toe due to osteomyelitis infection. How is that related to the Consentyx? I have toe and nail psoriasis really bad and am beginning Cosentyx. Thank you"

Seahorse02 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've been on 300 mg shots once a week for six weeks. My plaques are a little thinner but no clearance. I'm also on a topical and mexotrexate. Humira and embrel didn't work either. I'm sad because I got my hopes up 2 years ago when I sought treatment."

Loie05 July 13, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "One week after the 5th loading dose of 300 mg, my lips swelled to twice their normal size, became itchy and then erupted in blisters. My gums became sore, itchy and throbbing. I got a very red eye and began having itching on various other body parts, starting with my toes."

Ettenna July 7, 2017