User Reviews for Secukinumab

2.9

Summary of Secukinumab reviews 6.1 124 reviews

Reviews for Secukinumab

Ruffdog · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2019

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Found out I had Ankylosing Spondylitis from blood test after lots of pain and no appetite . Inflammation at 70, sed rate bad. I started on Remicade 2nd bag almost died, then tried Humara nothing . Started the loading dose for Cosentyx could fell it working immediately . My blood came back into shape, inflammation 5 sed rate good . still have some joint pain but nothing like before. I hope I can just ride this one out for awhile ."

Adina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've been taking Cosentyx for just shy of a year and my psoriasis has gotten way worse. The itching is something I never had to deal with and it has spread. The sinus troubles are horrible. I've been on so many, I'm not sure if anything is going to help."

Johnny 99 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 11 years ago and have not been able to find anything with to cut my pain and the debilitating effects of the disease. I have gone through assorted pain management programs and they are either ineffective or my body rejects them to the point of hospitization. Combining my disease with type 2 diabetes and massive amounts of neuropathy, I find, myself in a tough situation physically and mentally. When I take my monthly Cosentyx shots I get violently ill for a few days and then my joint pain increases for a few days followed by intense itching and redness. It has cleared up 80% of my skin and maybe 10% of my joint pain, but it doesn't help enough. Thank you for allowing me to share and vent a little because it is a lonely battle A tip of the cap and a hoist of the cup to the warriors who live it and the angels who support them."

Zippy · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "35 years of scalp misery. Only one month but feel my body changing slowly. Tried 6 other biologics for 18 months. Stelara lost most hair. Orezka depression diarrhea. Xeljanz nothing. Tremfya nothing. Humira nothing. But now, still have sores on head most painful. Feel a little better. Thanks to this medication"

JayT · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Had terrible reaction to this within 5 minutes of first loading dose. Terrible drug, should be taken off market given how few people report any benefits but most report negatives."

Kgb856 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had plaque psoriasis for the last 20 years, over the last 5 years it has gotten progressively worse. I have failed humira, enbrel and several other biologics. I have been on Cosentyx for 6 months. After about 2 months into treatment I experienced about 95 percent clearing. After my 2nd maintenance dose I noticed a few patches reoccurring. I am now six months into treatment and am experiencing about a 35 percent reappearance of previously clear areas."

Kel · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have had vertigo symptoms, extreme joint pain, fatigue, as a result of all medications that supposedly treat psoriatic arthritis and ankylosis spondylitis. So far, every medication I’ve tried has made me much worse. Humira attacked my heart and almost killed me. The steroids caused panic attacks, shortness of breath, and high blood pressure. That’s just to name a few! I think these medications are poison to anyone’s system. I have decided to avoid medications all together. I still have pain but at least I don’t have ten to twenty other awful side effects to go with it. Not to mention, none of the medications ever helped with my pain anyway. If anything, they only made my pain worse."

Dissatisfied almost customer June 21, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "The customer service I experienced trying to obtain the medication through their co-payment assistance program was at best overwhelmingly frustrating! The person that was supposed to be "assisting" with the process kept insisting that I give a non-existent "bin" number from my insurance card. I repeatedly tried to explain that it was not there and the representative just could not seem to believe me. Without the payment assistance the medication will cost me several hundred dollars a month. I almost decided to go ahead and pay out of pocket but reconsidered when the representative informed me that I had no other choice. This is not the only medication on the market for psoriasis and I refuse to support an organization that indicated they have you over a barrel!"

WZ · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I just need to tell people if you have mild Psoriasis, live with it, because if you take strong medication, later you will end up with all body covered with Psoriasis, during my 30years with Psoriasis I had very small spot on my leg & because I wanted it to disappear, I follow all kinds of medication and now I am 90% covered with P, anyway this is my advise to new patient with Mild or little, when it is little, it does not hurt, I know it looks bad, but live with it, it is a monster, when you have too much of it you will wish you didn't start I use to be on Enbrel but it failed after many years, now I had 5 weeks of cosentyx , first 3 weeks I had so much spots may be 60% of my body because I stopped Enbrel and I had so much pain , and so much skin on my floor after the 4 weeks I feel better, little pain, very little skin shedding but all the spots are not cleared yet, I hope it will be cleared in next month , I let you know I put 5 stars because I am still starting"

Jq · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I've never been so disappointed by the results of something in my life. Since switching to Cosentyx my ankylosing spondylitis symptoms have worsened x 10. I have no movement in my neck, constantly eating pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs besides taking Cosentyx itself. I haven't felt this much pain in my entire life, should seriously be discontinued, all this drug is, is a false hope"

kleem · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "After 5 other costly biologics and 35 years of plaques and swollen joint within 3 days felt better. A blessing from God"

Hubsy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've had psoriatic arthritis for over 55 years. Embrel was the new wonder drug that is until I started to suffer with scrotal abscesses. I stopped Embrel and hoped my body would stay clear of psoriasis. No such luck. Psoriasis came back with a vengeance. I'm now trying Cosentyx. Ist injection 21-05-19, the skin is starting to clear but and here is the but I've got a sore throat, I'm wheezy, ache all over and feel tired all the time"

Maddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been on Cosentyx now for 2 months. Still no change In my psoriatic arthritis. I’ve begun to get weird issues like cramping in my legs, excessive joint pain and this morning I had a vertigo attack! Wondering if anyone has experienced any of these side effects."

Moe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am on 4th month of Cosentyx and it may not work for some but as of second month my skin was 90 percent clear. I just have scarring from where the rash was severe on my arms and legs. My two elbows have a pea size scale on it. Because I am getting the meds for free right now I am worried what will happen when I stop having it, I'm kinda sad about that. I felt like a hideous monster due to my Psoriasis. I am going to have to see if I can find some kind of sponsorship so that I do not have a lapse in treatment because what I am hearing is once you stop it comes back bad. My dermatologist is amazed how fast and clear it has worked on me."

Izzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "It's been five weeks since I started taking Cosentyx and now I am completely clear of psoriasis but I have now begun very very very bad aching bones/joints, very nauseous, my bones have hurt so bad that I'm having so much trouble sleeping. I've gone to the emergency room because of the pain. The ER said everything's fine so I'm gonna continue taking Cosentyx for maybe 2 more months but I'm very scared of what's going on with my body. If my body continues to feel like this will definitely quit."

JaneDoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Took the 4 week loading dose of Cosentyx then took 2 months of 150mg then have taken two months at 300mg. I have had zero improvement in my plaque psoriasis and while I am able to function physically, I definitely am not pain free like I was when on Enbrel. Switched from Enbrel to Consentyx to try and combat the psoriasis. Have had diarrhea consistently ever since starting the drug. Will not be continuing Cosentyx as it doesn't do its job."

Diva Arthry · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 28, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Cosentyx did not works at all, and as it has been one of the most expensive biological out there - you think is going to work."

Anky spond spine · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Started secukinaumab 4 weeks ago and what a load of rubbish it is. I was told that it is a brilliant medication which after researching it its not at all. Was on Enbrel for 12 years and it worked very well till they put me on Benepali (etanercept in UK) then after 3 months back on Enbrel brand which just didn't seem to work anymore and now on secukinaumab. I feel like rubbish, I've got mouth sores and stomach just feels sore and very bloated. Drs will prescribed you anything when they get bonuses from prescribing it. I'm gonna ring the hospital and tell them I wanna stop it and try something else as I just want my life back."

Cinzia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 23, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I found Cosentyx to be very effective. Stubborn lesions on my shins cleared up after a few months which included a weekly loading dose which tapered off to once a month. However , I am very discouraged as I can no longer afford this med as my out of pocket mamimum has almost tripled since last year. So, I had to go off of it. Much to my chagrin, Medicare patients are not eligible for financial assistance! So my psoriasis is back with a vengeance!"

sonomel · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I used Humira in the past but developed pulmonary embolisms. Now am on Cosentyx and have nothing but good things to say. My psoriasis is 95% cleared. My arthritis is 75% better. I was mostly effected in my right hip, knee and ankle. It was terrible!! Now I am good! It's been 4 months. I hope I am not jumping the fun!"

Batty1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis since I was 5 yrs old the moderate to severe form of them. I developed Psoriatic Arthritis on top of my already moderate to severe psoriasis after being abruptly removed from Stelara in 2016 when I was diagnoised with thyroid cancer. After I had the thyroidectomy I developed Psoriatic Arthritis Flare its believed to have been brought on by Endocrinologist abruptly stopping my Stelara injections (most doctors don't understand biologic medication). I started Cosentyx Sept 2018 and I have been 100% clear ever since self injecting is easy peasy 30 minutes on counter top and couple minutes under my arm pit (yup) no pain only mild bruising. I have to say for me Cosentyx has not been a miracle for my psoriatic arthritis flare that has been on going now for 2.5 yrs attacking my tendons and now knees. This disease stinks and has left me house bound alot...awful. Remember all magic comes with a price!"

sintflut · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Side effects of cosentyx are 50 times worse than actual plaque psoriasis"

Me March 4, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Got rid of spots but am having bad sinus infection / meningitis reaction from it - so I'm in hospital"

Sunshine March 3, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've been receiving injections for 3 weeks. My psoriasis has stopped spreading as well as there is no more flaking of my skin. I'm very excited to reach my goal of clear skin of psoriasis."

Bano · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Cleared up skin 100% But had chest infection. tonsilitis and bad cough. So not sure if it is causing this I'm normally well."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)