User Reviews for Secukinumab

Ankylosing Spondylitis
2.7

Summary of Secukinumab reviews 6.3 106 reviews

Reviews for Secukinumab

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I found Cosentyx to be very effective. Stubborn lesions on my shins cleared up after a few months which included a weekly loading dose which tapered off to once a month. However , I am very discouraged as I can no longer afford this med as my out of pocket mamimum has almost tripled since last year. So, I had to go off of it. Much to my chagrin, Medicare patients are not eligible for financial assistance! So my psoriasis is back with a vengeance!"

Cinzia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I used Humira in the past but developed pulmonary embolisms. Now am on Cosentyx and have nothing but good things to say. My psoriasis is 95% cleared. My arthritis is 75% better. I was mostly effected in my right hip, knee and ankle. It was terrible!! Now I am good! It's been 4 months. I hope I am not jumping the fun!"

sonomel (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis since I was 5 yrs old the moderate to severe form of them. I developed Psoriatic Arthritis on top of my already moderate to severe psoriasis after being abruptly removed from Stelara in 2016 when I was diagnoised with thyroid cancer. After I had the thyroidectomy I developed Psoriatic Arthritis Flare its believed to have been brought on by Endocrinologist abruptly stopping my Stelara injections (most doctors don't understand biologic medication). I started Cosentyx Sept 2018 and I have been 100% clear ever since self injecting is easy peasy 30 minutes on counter top and couple minutes under my arm pit (yup) no pain only mild bruising. I have to say for me Cosentyx has not been a miracle for my psoriatic arthritis flare that has been on going now for 2.5 yrs attacking my tendons and now knees. This disease stinks and has left me house bound alot...awful. Remember all magic comes with a price!"

Batty1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Side effects of cosentyx are 50 times worse than actual plaque psoriasis"

sintflut (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Got rid of spots but am having bad sinus infection / meningitis reaction from it - so I'm in hospital"

Me March 4, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've been receiving injections for 3 weeks. My psoriasis has stopped spreading as well as there is no more flaking of my skin. I'm very excited to reach my goal of clear skin of psoriasis."

Sunshine March 3, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Cleared up skin 100% But had chest infection. tonsilitis and bad cough. So not sure if it is causing this I'm normally well."

Bano (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered psoriasis for 30 years nows. I have tried everything under the sun. I had been on Stelara and it was working but not clearing all of the plaques. I started my loading dose of 300mg and seen immediate results after 3 days of first dose. I have just administered my third dose today and so thankful to say my plaque psoriasis is 95% cleared. I still two plaques in my scalp but I am willing to bet by my fourth dose they will be cleared. I am one happy patient after 30 years of suffering."

Jenni (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Have had great results on the psoriasis and arthritis but am having some problems with side effects. Anybody else?"

Red (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I started my loading dose in September. I was truly amazed how my psoriasis was clearing. My skin was smooth for the first time in 20 years. I started having diarrhea and blood . I didn’t think anything was wrong at first just thought I ate something that didn’t agree with me. After a week of diarrhea and more blood I called the doctor, after tests I was informed that I had severe ulcerative colitis. I am 49 years old and have never had any signs of having colitis or ulcerative colitis. My doctor was shocked, how bad it was I contacted my dermatologist with what was happening and could this be from the Cosentyx. She had me stop taking it immediately. I then developed eye puffiness and developed a cyst along with fever and sinus issues. I did some further research and found that many of these issues that I was having are all possible side effects . I hope that anyone that uses this product reads all the side effects . I thought side effects would happen early on."

Teri February 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I had very mild psoriasis, it was mainly on the scalp had 6 or 7 small lesions on different places on my body. I started consentyx 6 weeks ago. I started with a loading dose of 150 once a week for the 1st 2 weeks. I didn’t see any progress and I was really frustrated so I decided to increase the dose to 300 once a week after that, within 2 weeks I was 100% free , now I take 300 every month as a maintenance dose and I thank god everyday for this medication."

John February 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I had a major reaction to cosentyx. I was in the hospital for four days after the third injection. I ended up with a large hive on my upper leg that took three weeks to go away. I had a fever over 104 degrees and an infection. My white count was off the charts my inflammatory markers were 20. One to two is normal. I had to have intravenous antibiotics because I couldn’t keep anything down. No one wanted to believe it was the meds until skin biopsy came back. The pathologist sent it for second opinion and it came back as hive. The cause on the lab work was medication. My first sign something was up is that it caused me to break out with psoriasis."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "6 weeks after I began cosentyx I was cleared of 70% psoriasis coverage, & P.A & A.S were serious. Out of nowhere I had 10/10 pain in my abdomen. ER thought it colon cancer or perforated colon, with a bad infection & went for a surgery immediately to see what was putting me in shock. I woke up with a colostomy bag. Thank God I was told 2 weeks later the colon had no malignancies. I stayed in hospital a few weeks & pray I can have the is ostomy reversed within a year- if at all. According to my Rheumatologist, dermatologist & family doctors research- COSENTYX WAS THE CAUSE OF THE PERFORATED INTESTINE. I am mum of 3 my kids, husband & myself thought my psoriasis was disappearing! Maybe arthritis & A.S. SOON also! Never did I think I'd be in this situation. Stay AWAY from this POISON PLEASE. Psoriasis quickly returned. I don't want anyone else to drop off kids for school with a smile, hugs & kisses & then feel like you'll die from pain an hour later"

HeartbrokenCosentyxDeadly January 24, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "After my second loading dose I had an allergic reaction. My face became swollen and I had to go to ER. My lungs felt heavy and was given epipen. I also became nauseous and vomited. While I hope this drug works for others it did not for me!"

Louise (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have been on Cosentyx for 16 months and it has cleared about 80% of my plaque psoriasis but for the last 3 months I have had sinus issues that will not go away. It feels like I have a constant cold and I'm thinking of asking to switch to something else. It doesn't seem to clear the psoriasis on my feet either like Otezla did"

Cal (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Tried cosentyx and it worked great the first year, complete clear skin, no pain but It stopped working. Went with Otezla and it’s not working at all. Thinking of asking doctor to put me back cosentyx again but wonder if it would be effective second try. Anyone gone back to cosentyx after not using for a while?"

Ton (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 24, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "This is simply horrible ... diarrhea, fatigue more pain. Novartis change this drug."

andrea78 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have had Moderate to Severe plaque psoriasis for 44yrs I'm 48 and Cosyntex has kicked my psoriasis to the curb it took about 6 injections and my skin looks absolutely normal and no side effects at all. Moving on to the Psoriatic Arthritis part of this drug and I have had NO IMPROVEMENT I'm so mad I use to be a super fit person until this disease turned my 48yrs old body into a 90 year old woman. I had high hopes for Cosentyx alleviating my psoriatic arthritis the way it did for my skin sadly it hasn't touch my psoriatic arthritis.....this pain is a monster!"

Batty1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis for 35 years tried herbal, steroids, quack diets, tablets, different ointments (except daivonex cream) and nothing improved my condition, I have been on Cosentyx for four weeks and my skin is already 75% clear."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Cosentyx started working for me almost from the first injection. After a year+ of taking it, I am almost symptom-free."

gailkay (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 31, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "Got psoriatic arthritis at 15 years old and the flareups were brutal. I'm ale and 22 years old now and been bed bound for 8 months. Psoriasis 100% body and all joints affected. The drugs didn't work so I'm currently on cyclosporine 100mg twice daily, methotrexate 25mg and cosentyx. My skin is all clear. I have some pain in hip and wrist. I am now walking to exercise and am quite hopeful."

Rayman (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Cosentyx has been the miracle drug!! This was the 1st year in 29 years where I actually wore short sleeves & even shorts. I have psoriasis and psor istic arthritis & last fall both got a lot worse. I have been on so many topical solutions, creams, prescriptions, pills, biologics, with no luck. Some would ease the pain but never clear the symptoms. I decided to just focus on the sun's help until last fall where nothing worked. I went back to my derm & he wanted to try Cosentyx since it had little side effects & required less follow up testing & at that time it had been out for over a year. No joke, within 2 WEEKS I was completely clear & I still am. I cannot tell you how much this has changed my life. I know psoriaisi isn't a life threatening disease but emotionally it might as well be. The embarrassment, the pain & sometimes just looking at it got me so down. Cosentyx has changed my life. I also haven't had much joint pain. I hope one day I won't have to be on anything but until then Cosentyx is my life."

lash97 October 6, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I started cosentryx 9 weeks ago. It truly is a miracle drug. With the first dose my psoriasis was disappearing. I have lived with psoriasis for 27 years. Now I am happy to be able to actually wear short sleeves and shorts."

Country Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have only had two injections so far, and I can't wait to take the 5 weeks of cosentyx. My joint pain is tremendous. Psoriasis is the same, I'm very hopeful. I will let you folks know after my weeks "

BALTO (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Getting ready for my third 300 mg dose. I get nausea all the time. I just don't feel right. I have IBS and have been under control for some time. It has flared up now. I know its just been three weeks, but my fingers are no better and very painful. If this continues after finishing the recommended dosing of 4 weeks, I'm not going to continue. Not worth it if you have to deal w all the side effects and still have pain."

HENNY (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018