User Reviews for Secukinumab

Ankylosing Spondylitis
2.3

Summary of Secukinumab reviews 6.1 73 reviews

Reviews for Secukinumab

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had plaque psoriasis for over 20 years tried otezla, methotrexate creams and lotions. Cosentyx has come to my rescue it has cleared my skin and I feel like a human being. For the first time in years I can wear clothes with short sleeve shirts there's no plaque on my face. I've only started this treatment but it keeps improving my skin all the time. I have never been happier I thought this could never happen and it did clear skin does happen!"

Door (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Been on Consentyx for almost a year. I was about 80% covered before starting and was 100% clear after the loading stage. But as of Mar 18 it came back with a fury. I'm now taking shots every 2 weeks to no avail. Its coming back like it never went away.."

Moon June 17, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Plaque psoriasis started when I was 22 (13 years ago). Used steroid creams but it got to where it covered so much of my body, it was impossible to treat - so I simply maintained. About 18 months ago, I finally decided to get a dermatologist. We started on Otezla and after about 5 months, there was no more improvement (which was very little). After 1 year of Otezla, asked my derm about Cosentyx. We started that March 2018. After the first month of loading doses, I went from about 60% of my body clear to 75% clear. After my May dose, I am now almost 100% clear. It did leave behind discolored areas of skin where the larger plaques were but that is slowly fading away with tanning and continued Cosentyx injections. Easy injectable pens and little to no side effects. Definitely worth considering. "

srtaylorjr June 13, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis since I was about six months old, having to lay on a towel from being unable to wear diapers, breaking out in horrible burning rashes from almost anything scented. Years of being subjected to laser therapies, tar shampoos and soaps, oatmeal baths( oatmeal EVERYTHING....don't even get me started on aveeno), all it does is smell good. I have tried vitamins, light therapy, other shots, medications, and nothing would get rid of the growing scaly red flaky patches on my scalp, forehead, ears, and elbows. Side effects I had itching for a few days, bruising from site injections, dizzy for about 30 minuted after dose, but otherwise no complaints. This is a specialty drug. It has to be refrigerated and you have to take two shots once a month, self inject or have a family member do it but they are sensory pens so not too hard or complicated."

Ilovecows3! June 9, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I just started taking Cosentyx. I was on Humara for my psoriatic arthritis which did nothing but make my hair break off and make me extremely tired the day after the injection. The negative to all these drugs is that they suppress your immune system making you more susceptible to other illness. I am struggling at work to type and do simple tasks so I am really hoping the benefits out way the side effects."

Lady (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Cosentyx is working for me and apart from the runny nose for a day to two after taking, I have not had the listed symptoms. However, I have experienced a rapid increase in my allergies and sensitivities to the point where I carry Epipens again and cannot be in a room with peanuts (anaphylaxis). Another strange thing, my periods are so heavy(embarrassingly so) I prefer to be at home and have had to have an iron infusion. As these are not listed side-effects, my specialist is sceptical. There is nothing else to explain these. I am considering whether to get off the drug as the period thing is negatively effecting my life and there not many solutions, however this is the only drug that has worked for me (but for flare ups). Also re painful injection sites - I use relax as much as possible and use lotion on the site after the injection which seems to help with the itches, redness and burning"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I started injections on Friday. I've got psoriasis all over body at moment. I took injection out fridge did not inject till room temp but it still stung and burnt. Can anyone help on what to do for comfy injection please :)"

alli (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Not long after starting this medication I ended up being rushed into hospital with a perforated bowel and sepsis. I nearly died due to complications and spent a few weeks on intensive care."

Micklenator (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "After 14 years on other biologics with minimal results and loads of side effects. Cosentyx has changed my life in just 4 months!! For the first time in almost 20 years I have clear skin and wore a short sleeve shirt in public. What an amazing feeling!"

Michelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "In January I felt that Enbrel stopped working for me after years of great relief. Doctor started me on Cosentyx, I have taken the 5 doses of the loading dose and feel horrible! Diarrhea, irritable bowel, terrible mouth sores, light headed, and general malaise. I never had bowel issues before this. Doctor wants me to give it more time (I'm due for an injection this week) but the side effects have thrown my life into a tailspin! I want my Enbrel life back, this is no way to live. I have to plan my work around access to a bathroom in a hurry and I speak funny because the sores all over my tongue hurt while speaking."

Desperate Dan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "It’s an amazing medicine. I’ve tried so many treatments for my psoriasis and they would work only at the beginning, I’ve tried the ointments, the UV lights, the pills and nothing was really good enough for me, plus they had bad side effects. But since I’ve started cosentyx my life got much better , I’m 99% cleared from psoriasis, with only small side effect ( running nose ) which I consider is nothing comparing to previous treatments .. I’m so happy now I feel like I’m a new person just started living my life."

Ally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "So far I have done the 4 loading doses and one monthly dose of the Cosentyx. My body is killing me. Elbows are on fire, fingers are sore and swollen, all of my muscles are killing me. I am trying to give this med 3 months to work as that's what it states, but I'm having a real tough time. I feel like a truck hit me, backed up, and ran me over again. I tried Humira before but that did nothing for me. I was on Remicade infusion and that actually seemed to be working. Then I had my 4th infusion and ended up with the worst sinus and double ear infections I have ever had in my 55 years! Not to mention that after each infusion I came down with a small cold for a few days. So my Dr put me on Cosentyx. He wants me to take 6mp with it but I refuse as this is such a major anti-rejection drug. He doesn't want me to take methotrexate with the Cosentyx for fear of another infection but I would rather take that than the 6mp. Hoping for the best!"

KimL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for over 35 years last year it came on really bad like never before my first treatment was humira which I had a bad reaction so I stopped taking it. Then I went on Otezla for 8 months with no result then my doctor put me on cosentyx and I'm so grateful because in less then a month I've had such great result compared to 8 months of nothing this is such a miracle drug with no side effects. I'm one satisfied customer thank you."

Anonymous March 27, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have Palmoplantar Pustular Psoriatic Arthritis, and since it is severe) I get treated w/ones meant for plaque psoriasis. After 7 months of Cosentyx, no change. In fact, flares happened 99% of the time immediately after injection. Disappointing."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 20, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.I have been on cosentyx for 5 months it has been a blessing for more my psoriasis is gone and my arthritis feels 85% better."

Christine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Waste of money"

Redneck (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I tried this medication while waiting for my insurance to approve tremfya it was a joke. No change of psoriasis and gave me athletes foot as a side effect. I suggest humira over cosentyx any day"

117jay February 21, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Cleared up my plaque psoriasis about 95% -- could tell a difference after after first or second dose. Psoriatic arthritis pain has been significantly improved. Still some pain the fingers, but that's probably just osteoarthritis. TMJ (PA related perhaps?) pain and jaw clicking went away completely. No side effects noted after 6 months (knock on wood)."

Jim813 February 14, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Severe as for 54 years-bilateral hip replacements 30 years ago-total fusion of spine-Benn, on Remicade for 10 plus years. Doc gave me a 150mg injection of consentyx 1 week post 200 mg Remicade infusion. Stared shaking uncontrollably for an hour followed by chills until early morning. Then the whole body itching and runny nose started followed by hives near the injection site. My eyes were the worst and wouldn't stop itching and I started wheezing with each breath. Took almost 30 days for the symptoms to stop. Told the doc and she thought it was just a cold and wanted to continue cosentryx. Absolutely no way I would take it again. Back to Remicade. Tip-what also helps my AS is doxicyline-100 once per day. Try it."

pas2 February 6, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Stated this drug forAnkylosing spondylitis as in October after other biologics stopped working on 150mg monthly. Very light headed, fatigued joints, sore, tired all the time. I don't think this one has helped at all. I have a review with rheumatoglist on 20th Feb (1st review since starting this biologic) I'm gonna tell him it is no better. I've had AS from 2001 so know by now what works found Enbrel was the best 1 for me till it stopped working"

Tinker bell 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "It is the worst"

Walter111 January 28, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had Psoriasis for over 20 years and tried UVB and other medications. None of them is working until Cosentyx was approved. I got clean skin in loaded period. It worked as miracle."

patyhu (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Was on loading dose for 5 weeks. Then increased by 50mg every two weeks, upped to 300gm after 4 months loss of mobility back ankle shoulder pain lots of inflammation. I was thriving on embrel but had to come off it 6 months in deteriorating and now will have to go back to drawing board."

Mwald (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "This drug caused me nothing but grief ! It was not worth the side effects for the tiny fraction of relief !! By month 3 I had a bad case of tonsilitis which I could not get rid of ! I always felt ill, with swollen glands , tired and very fatigued ! Even after a tonsillectomy which was horrible and never healed right , I feel like garbage !"

GMR 74 January 4, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Have been on Cosentyx, monthly, along with methotrexate, weekly, going on two years for psoriatic arthritis. After about a year, my finger joint pain, stiffness and swelling seemed to lessen quite a bit to the point where I didn’t need to take an anti inflammatory on a regular basis. A couple of months ago I experienced a very bad flare up which seems to be getting worse. Also a recent X-ray of my hands shows increased joint damage, which leaves me to wonder if the Cosentyx is actually working. My Rheumatologist wants to double the Cosentyx dose to see if it makes a difference before she starts me on Humira. I’m wondering if Humira is consistently more effective for PSA than Cosentyx?"

SamiC. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2017