User Reviews for Secukinumab

Also known as: Cosentyx

Secukinumab has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 181 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of those users who reviewed Secukinumab reported a positive effect, while 34% reported a negative effect.

Plaque Psoriasis
Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis
Summary of Secukinumab reviews 6.2 181 reviews

Reviews for Secukinumab

AT · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2021

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriasis: “Cosentyx has changed my life. I had terrible psoriasis for years. My head was red and every one could see. My knees had it so bad they would bleed. I couldn't wear shorts because it looked so bad and I was humiliated explaining to people what psoriasis was, EVERY TIME. It was really hard on me. I tried everything. I went to many doctors and they all gave me expensive products that barely worked, and only for a short time. As soon as I was put on Cosentyx, my knees were completely cleared, my embarrassing red forehead cleared 100% I have been on it for about a year and haven't had one flair up. I understand it may have different results for everyone, but I was willing to try anything to get rid of the pain and scuffing,I'm so glad I tried this”

Dawn Rice · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 30, 2021

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “The company that males this should be ashamed of themselves. I have called several times to report my medicine did not get delivered each time I was on hold 48 minutes to a hr and a half before I hung up .”

Mir · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 17, 2021

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriasis: “Best medication I have had for severe psoriasis and I’ve had the condition for 16 years. I am 100% clear having used this medication like clockwork for 6 months. Injections can be a bit uncomfortable but the autoinjectors make it so easy to use. Bad part is my insurance from UHC won’t cover it, good news is Novartis have covered me for 2 years.”

Tim · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I think these reviews need to be taken in context...most people rarely post positive comments about drugs, they are just to busy getting on with there lives, the people who have negative reactions are far more likely to post (and I feel deeply sorry for those for who it has not worked for) For me it’s been a life changer...I was on anti inflammatory meds, and sulfazalazine before, no anti-tnf. I started to feel better within 4-5 weeks of first injections (taken weekly). Now...no more aches and pains...no stiffness..this literally has been a miracle cure for me. I think it’s much more effective if you haven’t been on anti-tnf or similar before.”

TC · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I was in so much in pain. I was having a very hard to to get up from a chair. There are times someone had to help me up because I could not do it at all. I am in my 30s there are times I felt embarrassed to get help getting out of the chair. I got diagnose with AS in December. I started Cosentyx in February 2020. I been on Cosentyx going on three months. I feel like I have my life back. I do yoga and I am trying to do Pilates. I am finally free from the pain!”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I just completed my 5th weekly dosing of 300 mg. Now will be going monthly. My pain has decreased at least 80%. At this point, the medication has changed my significantly. Hoping going forward the results will be the same!”

Beth · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “So, I previously left a review for Stelara - which I had stopped and then had a full blown inflammatory response in my body-joints, tendons, spine, and scalp psoriasis. I since started Cosentyx. I have done the five loading doses (300mg - 2 injections) and I honestly feel 10 x better. I felt so debilitated in the previous state. (I'm in my 30's and very active so debility should not be in my vocab). I still have a little residual arthritis in my hips and tendons but I think it will clear after a while *Fingers Crossed*. It supposed to take anywhere between 12-16 weeks to fully take effect so I have got time to be patient. IF not a little Tylenol and Aleve daily have been working well. I do not feel fatigued as I did with Stelara. I do get a random nasal drip but its manageable compared to the alternative. So I feel like I'm getting back to normal. I probably have to take a biologic for the rest of my life to function normal but if it works, I'm happy. I will up date as time goes on.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 7, 2021

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I started with Humira, had that for 3 years then out of the blue it stopped working. Was then on Benepali and got a allergic reaction to it (eczema under my feet and on hands etc). Was on no drugs what so ever for 4 months after that (and had worst pain ever, even worse than how it was before started with Humira). Then I started with Cosentyx and it has so far -knock on wood- worked great. I am absolutely pain free and have more or less no side effects. 'More or less side effects'...I have had the same side effects of all of these drugs (except the allergy). I am fatigued, every now and then I have some bowel problems and headaches. But I can live with that because I am nevertheless feeling better than with no treatment and even the fatigue I get from the disease is worse than the fatigue from the treatment. This disease will never go away and I'm just happy that there are some treatments that actually work”

Johnny 99 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 11 years ago and have not been able to find anything with to cut my pain and the debilitating effects of the disease. I have gone through assorted pain management programs and they are either ineffective or my body rejects them to the point of hospitization. Combining my disease with type 2 diabetes and massive amounts of neuropathy, I find, myself in a tough situation physically and mentally. When I take my monthly Cosentyx shots I get violently ill for a few days and then my joint pain increases for a few days followed by intense itching and redness. It has cleared up 80% of my skin and maybe 10% of my joint pain, but it doesn't help enough. Thank you for allowing me to share and vent a little because it is a lonely battle A tip of the cap and a hoist of the cup to the warriors who live it and the angels who support them.”

Midwest Girl December 15, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “Was on methotrexate for ten years. Did well but thought it was causing some IBS type symptoms. Derm PA put me on Humira. Did nothing and flared really bad waiting the six months before insurance would let me switch. Next was Consentyx. Skin 100% clear in three weeks BUT---hives up and down my arms, back to back UTI's -five of them. I felt a little groggy and like I was wading through chest high water all the time. THEN--major bloody diarrhea. Major. By the time I had a colonoscopy I was a mess. Six weeks of non stop bloody diarrhea. Diagnosed with Cosentyx induced Ulcerative Colitis. Four months on prednisone trying to clear it up. Hoping it is not permanent. Gastroenterologist said he sees it from Cosentyx a lot. Now I have gained another fifteen pounds from the prednisone and back to being in terrible pain. Scalp starting to flare again. Cosentyx was NOT my miracle drug.”

Megs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I've tried Enbrel with no change in inflammatory markers. I was on it for 3 months. I started Cosentyx single injections and my markers went sky high. I was put onto a double injection and my markers went down significantly. I don't feel any relief from pain, never have with any of the millions of things I've been prescribed. But all in all I've had a positive experience with cosentyx. Just wish I could get some help with my pain levels. I have just turned 31, and I feel as though I'm trapped in the body of an 80 year old. Somedays I really struggle with my diagnosis.”

Santa · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I've had psoriasis for 50 years and have had several treatments including Humira, methotrexate, and many others. I was on Humira for 3 years and it help a little. My doctor suggested I try cosentyx and after the first dose (300 mg) my psoriasis cleared up by 70%! Unbelieveable! It's been 4 weeks now and it's 95% clear! So far, no side effects!”

cathy0513 December 3, 2015

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I started using Cosentyx in September 2015 I was very apprehensive about trying it but I gave it a try 5 doses for 5wks straight then once every twenty eight day but by the third dose my psoriasis was 98% gone and by my fifth and last dose I'm psoriasis was 100% gone. I have not had any breakouts I am still 100% clear my skin is soft an beautiful I HAD psoriasis for over 30 years I recommend everyone to try COSENTYX I AM very happy I gave this a try an you will be to..”

lash97 October 6, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “Cosentyx has been the miracle drug!! This was the 1st year in 29 years where I actually wore short sleeves & even shorts. I have psoriasis and psor istic arthritis & last fall both got a lot worse. I have been on so many topical solutions, creams, prescriptions, pills, biologics, with no luck. Some would ease the pain but never clear the symptoms. I decided to just focus on the sun's help until last fall where nothing worked. I went back to my derm & he wanted to try Cosentyx since it had little side effects & required less follow up testing & at that time it had been out for over a year. No joke, within 2 WEEKS I was completely clear & I still am. I cannot tell you how much this has changed my life. I know psoriaisi isn't a life threatening disease but emotionally it might as well be. The embarrassment, the pain & sometimes just looking at it got me so down. Cosentyx has changed my life. I also haven't had much joint pain. I hope one day I won't have to be on anything but until then Cosentyx is my life.”

Teri February 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I started my loading dose in September. I was truly amazed how my psoriasis was clearing. My skin was smooth for the first time in 20 years. I started having diarrhea and blood . I didn’t think anything was wrong at first just thought I ate something that didn’t agree with me. After a week of diarrhea and more blood I called the doctor, after tests I was informed that I had severe ulcerative colitis. I am 49 years old and have never had any signs of having colitis or ulcerative colitis. My doctor was shocked, how bad it was I contacted my dermatologist with what was happening and could this be from the Cosentyx. She had me stop taking it immediately. I then developed eye puffiness and developed a cyst along with fever and sinus issues. I did some further research and found that many of these issues that I was having are all possible side effects . I hope that anyone that uses this product reads all the side effects . I thought side effects would happen early on.”

Grace1979 February 2, 2016

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I have had psoriasis for 20 years, on my scalp and body. I have tried every cream, ointment, pill and quite a few shots. So when my doctor suggested trying Cosentyx, I wasn't exactly thrilled to have to give myself shots again. But I tried it and after just the first month I could finally see my knees, I didn't have to apply and creams, ointments or scalp oils. Every last bit of my psoriasis was cleared, 100%, I couldn't believe my eyes , I was amazed!!!! 20 years of putting on scalp oil, with a shower cap on and going to bed embarrassed next to my husband, and now I can get out of the shower, style my hair and go, NO MORE SHOWER CAPS!! I know every medicine works differently for every person, but you have to give it a try!”

Cam13 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “After Humira stopped working for my psoriasis I was switched to cosentyx. Within a month my symptoms had almost completely disappeared. 2 years later my skin is completely clear. It has changed my life. Thank you.”

Longago January 28, 2021

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “55+ years of psoriasis and 10+ years if psoriatic arthritis. In the past with Enbrel (caused multiple shingles breakouts), methotrexate (minimal impact on the arthritis). 2 1/2 years ago started on Cosentyx with amazing results for the first 18 months. After that overall health declined. Started with loss of taste which progressed to severe pain on swallowing, debilitating ear aches, runny nose, oral blisters on gums, swollen gums, thrush. Made the decision to stop Cosentyx. Gradually the impacts from the toxicity of cosentyx are dissipating. All the psoriatic symptoms are back, as was expected, and worse than ever. I'm giving my body a year to re-set before I try anything else. It's a setback physically with the joint pain, but the side-effects caused by Cosentyx as it built up in my body were scary. Stumped multiple specialists about what was going on as much of what I was experiencing was not listed as known side effects - they are now.”

Too Young to feel so old · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2016

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been taking this medication with the study for over 2 years for severe psoriatic arthritis. My psoriasis has disappeared. I rarely have outbreaks and if I do they are small and disappear within weeks. For psoriatic arthritis, I would rate it lower, around a 7, because I still have to take a d-mard each month along with 300 MG monthly of cosentyx . Still, this is an impressive medication for people with severe psoriasis arthritis. I was barely walking when I started this study and now people ask why I have a handicapped tag. That massive improvement is due, in part, to this medication. It took about 3 months to feel the total effects for the arthritis and there was a noticeable difference taking 300 MG instead of 150 mg.”

Batty1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “I have had Moderate to Severe plaque psoriasis for 44yrs I'm 48 and Cosyntex has kicked my psoriasis to the curb it took about 6 injections and my skin looks absolutely normal and no side effects at all. Moving on to the Psoriatic Arthritis part of this drug and I have had NO IMPROVEMENT I'm so mad I use to be a super fit person until this disease turned my 48yrs old body into a 90 year old woman. I had high hopes for Cosentyx alleviating my psoriatic arthritis the way it did for my skin sadly it hasn't touch my psoriatic arthritis.....this pain is a monster!”

Jenni · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “This has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered psoriasis for 30 years nows. I have tried everything under the sun. I had been on Stelara and it was working but not clearing all of the plaques. I started my loading dose of 300mg and seen immediate results after 3 days of first dose. I have just administered my third dose today and so thankful to say my plaque psoriasis is 95% cleared. I still two plaques in my scalp but I am willing to bet by my fourth dose they will be cleared. I am one happy patient after 30 years of suffering.”

Lj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 20, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “I’ve been on Cosentyx for about 8 months for PsA. About 4 months in my right eye started twitching. My rheumatologist said it was due to me being overly tired or under a great deal of stress. Neither of which I am. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Overall it has helped my PsA but the twitching is very annoying!”

mrsjenn · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I've had plaque psoriasis for about 5 years now, had it on my scalp as a child and it laid dormant until I turned 30 then BOOM covered in plaques all over. Was prescribed methotrexate originally in low doses which helped but never got me clear. Then slowly my doses had to be increased just to keep me somewhat controlled. I begged my Dr to let me try the newer meds (biologics), he was old school and insisted we stick with the old drugs. I was given a referral to a new dermatologist and thank God for him! Within the first week of my loading doses, my skin began to clear and also feel "normal". Those with psoriasis know how you feel it coming on just under the skin. I'm about to take my 4th loading dose and all that's left is the red areas where my bad plaques were. Every time I shower and exfoliate, they get lighter and fade more and more. The only side effects I've had are feeling slightly jittery directly after my injection and feeling tired. To curb that, I take my shots at bedtime now.”

Bionic chad · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “Started Cosentyx a year ago for 90% covered plaque psoriasis and psoriasis arthritis. Literally gave me my life back joint pain gone skin cleared up .Just received my artificial hip back on Cosentyx again this drug gave me a life worth living again thanks Coaenryx”

madrick · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: “to all you short timers. I too had some side affects and thought it did not help with my pain. I gave it 5 months and now l feel much better and I was almost disabled. Now I can do a lot more of the things I could not do just on anti inflammatory meds. The side affects have gone away ..so it is working for me.”

jgg122177 April 17, 2017

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I thought that Cosentyx was finally the miracle drug as it cleared me about 100% for a good two years. But now all of a sudden it's starting to flare up on my lower legs out of nowhere...man this is BS. I guess I should be thankful for the couple clear years I had in my life. Back to Earth again I guess. Hopefully the next 2-year miracle drug comes soon. I bet the cure for psoriasis is out there, just like the cure for cancer probably is...but big pharma wouldn't allow that to happen...nope too much money to lose.”

eptexas · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2016

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “First, let me say that i am so thankful for biologics to treat psoriasis and make possible to live and enjoy life without scales covering 100 percent of my body. Enbrel worked great for years. It stopped being effective. I tried stelara and humira but didnt work for me. Thank God for Cosentyx. After the loading doses and first month there after, I am about 98 percent clear. This is the clearest I've been in a long time. So easy to administer, zero pay with assistance copay and clear skin... with no side effects yet ”

Anonymous August 2, 2016

Cosentyx (secukinumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: “I have been on Cosentyx for about 3 and a half weeks now and my psoriasis has improved I would say by 80%!!! All the plaque is now flat against my skin (meaning, if I close my eyes and rub my arm, I cannot feel any areas of plaque). All that remains is the discoloration from the plaques which are slowly fading as well because I go to the tanning booth to tan. I have experienced NO side effects at all, in fact the skin on my face is also glowing and radiant. After suffering from psoriasis for over 10 years my body had become immune to Clobetesol and Humaira really didn't work for me, but Cosentyx has been GOD SENT! I would recommend and hope that this work for anyone and the best thing for me has been the quick improvement >30 days!”