User Reviews for Secukinumab to treat Plaque Psoriasis

Also known as: Cosentyx

Secukinumab Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Plaque Psoriasis.

Reviews for Secukinumab

Bridubo · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "Saw results after 2 days took the 5 weekly startup doses and just took my first monthly dose and I'm better than 80 percent better with no side effects."

ATL · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I used Enbrel for several years before switching to Humira. Like Enbrel, Humira worked great for a number of years until it's effect started to fade a little. My dermatologist suggested that I give Cimzia a try. After about a month I started to scab up in both ears and both eyes near the tear ducts. I've never had psoriasis in these locations and hoped that it would be temporary and go away. I was prescribed a two other medications to go with the Cosentyx, one for my ears and another for my eyes. Unfortunately after 4 months the ears and eyes have only gotten worse. I've realized that Cosentyx is not for for me. I start Cimzia next week. Really looking forward to looking and feeling normal again."

Kimmy · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I just started taking Cosentyx for plaque psoriasis I took my 4 weeks of injection and now on my once a month injection I have cleared up but still not sure what it will do at taking only once a month but this is the trial period but so far so good. Every now and then I still itch some but nothing like before. No side effects which is great cause everything I tried before I had side effects and had to stop taking I felt so bad all the time nausea was extreme."

Miami attorney · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "50 year old Trial attorney with an exceptionally stressful job. Second year of law school, developed a few small spots. Lived with it for 20 plus years with only two large patches on both ankles of which I would cover up; one big spot on my left knee. While on vacation, severe case of strep throat. Started Penicillin, cleared my strep throat up and 4 days later, my ENTIRE body flared up. It was horrible. This NEVER happened, ever before and was clearly caused by strep throat. Began first (nothing else) Cosenytx 300 mg. Just finished my 2nd dosage and starting 3rd Tuesday. It has "SLOWLY" helped. Itching is gone. The red patches have definitely reduced in their inflammation. I feel positive but the jury is still out. I will give it more time and see what happens. Fortunately, insurance covered it after much fighting (and photographs of my body). First biologic ever as never needed it before. Some mild edema on both ankles but no "major" side effects as of yet."

Okiemike · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 6, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "My grandma had it bad. Then at 49 I got it bad. Tried humira, no luck. Now I've been on cosentyx for about 14 months. The thick plaques are gone. Dr did have to up me to 450 mg a month as of last week. It kind of makes my stomach hurt, but I'd rather have a tummy ache than be itching to death. I never knew how tough granny was. This stuff isn't cheap but I was ready to just die. Feel better now."

Adina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I've been taking Cosentyx for just shy of a year and my psoriasis has gotten way worse. The itching is something I never had to deal with and it has spread. The sinus troubles are horrible. I've been on so many, I'm not sure if anything is going to help."

Zippy · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "35 years of scalp misery. Only one month but feel my body changing slowly. Tried 6 other biologics for 18 months. Stelara lost most hair. Orezka depression diarrhea. Xeljanz nothing. Tremfya nothing. Humira nothing. But now, still have sores on head most painful. Feel a little better. Thanks to this medication"

Kgb856 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I have had plaque psoriasis for the last 20 years, over the last 5 years it has gotten progressively worse. I have failed humira, enbrel and several other biologics. I have been on Cosentyx for 6 months. After about 2 months into treatment I experienced about 95 percent clearing. After my 2nd maintenance dose I noticed a few patches reoccurring. I am now six months into treatment and am experiencing about a 35 percent reappearance of previously clear areas."

Dissatisfied almost customer June 21, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "The customer service I experienced trying to obtain the medication through their co-payment assistance program was at best overwhelmingly frustrating! The person that was supposed to be "assisting" with the process kept insisting that I give a non-existent "bin" number from my insurance card. I repeatedly tried to explain that it was not there and the representative just could not seem to believe me. Without the payment assistance the medication will cost me several hundred dollars a month. I almost decided to go ahead and pay out of pocket but reconsidered when the representative informed me that I had no other choice. This is not the only medication on the market for psoriasis and I refuse to support an organization that indicated they have you over a barrel!"

WZ · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I just need to tell people if you have mild Psoriasis, live with it, because if you take strong medication, later you will end up with all body covered with Psoriasis, during my 30years with Psoriasis I had very small spot on my leg & because I wanted it to disappear, I follow all kinds of medication and now I am 90% covered with P, anyway this is my advise to new patient with Mild or little, when it is little, it does not hurt, I know it looks bad, but live with it, it is a monster, when you have too much of it you will wish you didn't start I use to be on Enbrel but it failed after many years, now I had 5 weeks of cosentyx , first 3 weeks I had so much spots may be 60% of my body because I stopped Enbrel and I had so much pain , and so much skin on my floor after the 4 weeks I feel better, little pain, very little skin shedding but all the spots are not cleared yet, I hope it will be cleared in next month , I let you know I put 5 stars because I am still starting"

kleem · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "After 5 other costly biologics and 35 years of plaques and swollen joint within 3 days felt better. A blessing from God"

Moe · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I am on 4th month of Cosentyx and it may not work for some but as of second month my skin was 90 percent clear. I just have scarring from where the rash was severe on my arms and legs. My two elbows have a pea size scale on it. Because I am getting the meds for free right now I am worried what will happen when I stop having it, I'm kinda sad about that. I felt like a hideous monster due to my Psoriasis. I am going to have to see if I can find some kind of sponsorship so that I do not have a lapse in treatment because what I am hearing is once you stop it comes back bad. My dermatologist is amazed how fast and clear it has worked on me."

Izzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "It's been five weeks since I started taking Cosentyx and now I am completely clear of psoriasis but I have now begun very very very bad aching bones/joints, very nauseous, my bones have hurt so bad that I'm having so much trouble sleeping. I've gone to the emergency room because of the pain. The ER said everything's fine so I'm gonna continue taking Cosentyx for maybe 2 more months but I'm very scared of what's going on with my body. If my body continues to feel like this will definitely quit."

Cinzia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 23, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I found Cosentyx to be very effective. Stubborn lesions on my shins cleared up after a few months which included a weekly loading dose which tapered off to once a month. However , I am very discouraged as I can no longer afford this med as my out of pocket mamimum has almost tripled since last year. So, I had to go off of it. Much to my chagrin, Medicare patients are not eligible for financial assistance! So my psoriasis is back with a vengeance!"

Batty1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I've had psoriasis since I was 5 yrs old the moderate to severe form of them. I developed Psoriatic Arthritis on top of my already moderate to severe psoriasis after being abruptly removed from Stelara in 2016 when I was diagnoised with thyroid cancer. After I had the thyroidectomy I developed Psoriatic Arthritis Flare its believed to have been brought on by Endocrinologist abruptly stopping my Stelara injections (most doctors don't understand biologic medication). I started Cosentyx Sept 2018 and I have been 100% clear ever since self injecting is easy peasy 30 minutes on counter top and couple minutes under my arm pit (yup) no pain only mild bruising. I have to say for me Cosentyx has not been a miracle for my psoriatic arthritis flare that has been on going now for 2.5 yrs attacking my tendons and now knees. This disease stinks and has left me house bound alot...awful. Remember all magic comes with a price!"

sintflut · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "Side effects of cosentyx are 50 times worse than actual plaque psoriasis"

Me March 4, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "Got rid of spots but am having bad sinus infection / meningitis reaction from it - so I'm in hospital"

Bano · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "Cleared up skin 100% But had chest infection. tonsilitis and bad cough. So not sure if it is causing this I'm normally well."

Jenni · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "This has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered psoriasis for 30 years nows. I have tried everything under the sun. I had been on Stelara and it was working but not clearing all of the plaques. I started my loading dose of 300mg and seen immediate results after 3 days of first dose. I have just administered my third dose today and so thankful to say my plaque psoriasis is 95% cleared. I still two plaques in my scalp but I am willing to bet by my fourth dose they will be cleared. I am one happy patient after 30 years of suffering."

Teri February 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I started my loading dose in September. I was truly amazed how my psoriasis was clearing. My skin was smooth for the first time in 20 years. I started having diarrhea and blood . I didn’t think anything was wrong at first just thought I ate something that didn’t agree with me. After a week of diarrhea and more blood I called the doctor, after tests I was informed that I had severe ulcerative colitis. I am 49 years old and have never had any signs of having colitis or ulcerative colitis. My doctor was shocked, how bad it was I contacted my dermatologist with what was happening and could this be from the Cosentyx. She had me stop taking it immediately. I then developed eye puffiness and developed a cyst along with fever and sinus issues. I did some further research and found that many of these issues that I was having are all possible side effects . I hope that anyone that uses this product reads all the side effects . I thought side effects would happen early on."

John February 7, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I had very mild psoriasis, it was mainly on the scalp had 6 or 7 small lesions on different places on my body. I started consentyx 6 weeks ago. I started with a loading dose of 150 once a week for the 1st 2 weeks. I didn’t see any progress and I was really frustrated so I decided to increase the dose to 300 once a week after that, within 2 weeks I was 100% free , now I take 300 every month as a maintenance dose and I thank god everyday for this medication."

Louise · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "After my second loading dose I had an allergic reaction. My face became swollen and I had to go to ER. My lungs felt heavy and was given epipen. I also became nauseous and vomited. While I hope this drug works for others it did not for me!"

Cal · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 15, 2019

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I have been on Cosentyx for 16 months and it has cleared about 80% of my plaque psoriasis but for the last 3 months I have had sinus issues that will not go away. It feels like I have a constant cold and I'm thinking of asking to switch to something else. It doesn't seem to clear the psoriasis on my feet either like Otezla did"

Ton · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 24, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "Tried cosentyx and it worked great the first year, complete clear skin, no pain but It stopped working. Went with Otezla and it’s not working at all. Thinking of asking doctor to put me back cosentyx again but wonder if it would be effective second try. Anyone gone back to cosentyx after not using for a while?"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2018

Cosentyx (secukinumab): "I have had psoriasis for 35 years tried herbal, steroids, quack diets, tablets, different ointments (except daivonex cream) and nothing improved my condition, I have been on Cosentyx for four weeks and my skin is already 75% clear."

Learn more about Plaque Psoriasis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)