User Reviews for Secukinumab to treat Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis

Also known as: Cosentyx

Maggie · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2020

Cosentyx (secukinumab): “I am a 65 year old white female. I was diagnosed with nonradiographic axial spondyloarthritis two years ago after experiencing both peripheral and axial arthritis symptoms and enthesitis. I was first prescribed Cimzia in 2019 and was on this drug for 9 weeks with slight improvement in my back but then began having worsening of symptoms in my feet, ankles, and hips. After six months off any medication I tried Cosentyx. There was no improvement in my symptoms and in the 11th week (6 shots total) I again experienced a worsening of my symptoms in my SI joints and my feet and ankles, with acute pain from plantar fasciitis and milder Achilles tendonitis. I am waiting for this flare reaction to the drug to subside before trying Enbrel. Hope and pray the third biologic is the charm.”