User Reviews for Xtampza ER

Pain

1 review 1107 medications
Summary of Xtampza ER reviews 4.7 34 reviews

Reviews for Xtampza ER

For Chronic Pain "Have just started, seems to be working as advertised. I have had Chronic Pancreatitis for 12 years, and have struggled for years to get pain under control. Like I said before just started taking. It has been a week, I don’t have to take as much break through medicine. I can finally sleep more than 4 hours, yeah!!!"

Chronic pain 12 years (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Dose: 27mg, 2X per day; Hit-or-miss, minimal pain control; Side effects include IBS issues, dizziness, nausea, irritability, crying, elevated heart rate, hot flashes & insomnia. For the 1st time in 10 years my pain is NOT managed. Government & big business insurance companies are forcing patients to use an ineffective medication. The definition of "prejudice" & "discrimination." All CHRONIC pain patients complain to the US government, insurance companies & any legislators playing the role of "doctor,". Statements such as "all opioid patients/pain patients are abusing medication & 1-step away from heroin addiction," is SLANDEROUS & DISCRIMINATORY! Chronic pain patients aren't "addicted," they're "dependent" on the medicine for ADL. Contact your state chronic pain advocacy group and let's start taking back control of our lives!"

Kimmery (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Our county is one of several that is suing the drug manufactures so in order to look good the doctors at my pain clinic have totally messed me up. I was on 2, Oxycontin 30 mg. ER. plus my break thru pain medication. They have replaced the Oxycontin with the Xtampza ER 27 mg. I am in so much pain that I often can't get out of bed. My blood pressure has gone up since taking this so they have upped my BP medication."

Debbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I can't really give an opinion yet as l just started on the medication today . I will come back in a month and give a review"

Dark (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have had a neck fusion and I am herniated from L2-S1, stenosis, 3 bone spurs , bursitis in my hips and arthritis. I live with chronic pain every second of everyday! My pain management dr had me on 30mg Oxycodone 6x a day ,and soma. He started me on extampza ER 18mg. It took a few days before I noticed I wasn’t taking as many Oxycodone because the extampza was helping me. I’m now on 15mg Oxycodone 4x a day and twice a day extampza and I feel great! I don’t want to look and feel high, I’m just looking for less pain. While taking extampza I’ll get a burst of the med which I like Extampza gives me exactly what I need! It’s my “got my life back med” there are some days I’ll only need 1 oxycodone! I don’t like taking meds all day every 4-6 hours this is just 2 a day! I’m feeling great!"

Living with less pain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Xtampza works very well for being extended release. I have half the breakthrough pain and flair up's taking this med. Take it around the clock on time. Be patient with this med and find out what dose works best. It changed my life drastically for the better."

Bad back/ arthritis (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have constant, chronic severe facial pain from a head & neck injury that was recently helped in a major way with stimulator implant surgery in Denver. Still need pain meds but much lower dose. Forced to use this drug thru the insurance company's refusal to continue providing Oxy ER. Was put on Xtampza for about 2.5 months, gained 25 pounds FAST without changing diet, extreme headaches with pressure like never before, every joint hurt. Dr said to maintain 18 mg/2x day dose anyway. Took one more week, gained 5 pounds more, and said enough. Got off it using leftover fast acting, now down to just occasional doses for severe breakthrough pain. Found out all my allergies and general body aches the past 13 years have been due to pain meds and my body's reaction to them so once I'm off, symptoms disappear. Wouldn't have known that without Xtampza, BUT my headaches aren't easing after being off it for a month, plus going off Topiramate. Will these headaches ever get better or is this my new normal?"

Di April 21, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I was trying this medication after being on OxyContin for the last 2 years and after getting on a Medicare advantage plan that didn’t cover the OxyContin. It takes 1-2 hours for the onset of Xtampza and it only last 8 hours at best, usuallly 6-7. Nowhere near as effective as OxyContin for relief of chronic pain for me."

Eric (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Dangerous erratic medication. Package says to take with same amount and same type of food every dose. How can you do that. I can tell you this for sure. Sometimes it works, sometimes you OD, sometimes it does nothing for the pain. You never know what you will get. This medication is going to OVER DOSE PEOPLE!. You can tell the good reviews on here were written by the drug maker. The only thruth-ful ones sound like this."

Pete (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Works so much better than Oxycontin! The medication seems to release and continue a steady stream of medication, helping the chronic pain constantly! So grateful for this medication!"

Pain Sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Today went off the Fent for good. Doc prescribes Xtampza. I told doc I will try it but no more patches. If the product does not control my pain it too will be gone. I refuse to pay what I pay for insurance, be is pain 24/7 and not be able to find something to control it. The Pharma game of money roulette is over. The 2 major surgeries with hardware, new L5 disk several thousand over 8 years. Nope"

Goober (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Pain "Takes too long to work... no matter what you eat... Don't waste your time."

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Not only is this a very expensive medication even with insurance, the 18mg capsule twice a day does not help my pain one bit. What is does help me to have are abnormal, very real, and terrifying nightmares that leave me howling for help in the middle of the night, or yelling myself awake if I lie down for a nap. As someone else mentioned, these dreams are hard to wake up from on your own. Nightmares like half man, half beasts after me, a boat ride spinning out of control down an abyss, inanimate bizarre objects coming to life and after me, odd places I've visited before but haven't. I cannot deal with this, not at all, and I will not take anymore of these. At this point I would rather deal with chronic pain, than chronic nightmares and losing sleep. Acupuncture may be my next step since positively nothing medical has helped one iota. More meds have worse side effects, and cheap generics do nothing. So now what. I give up."

Sher_321 February 16, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Medication takes 3-4 hours to work no matter what you eat while taking it. When and if it starts to help with the pain, it stops in 3 or 4 hours. Sometimes it comes on so strong that I have a panic attack. I figured I would adjust to it, but after a month I have not."

Hurting 2 January 31, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have been on pain meds since Oct, 2007. Just started Xtrampza ER and it takes 4 hours to work then it hit's hard, break into a bad sweat and in 3.5 to 4 hours it stops working. This should be taken off the market."

Powman (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I suffer from severe, chronic back, neck and shoulder pain. This is one of the worst medications I've ever taken. The nausea and dizziness is awful. If that were the only negative side effect, I think I could live with it though. What I found extremely disturbing was the psychological effects. After only two doses, I had terrifying nightmares that were difficult to awaken from. I, uncharacteristically, felt like Alice in Wonderland in an extremely unpleasant manner while I was awake. I can't believe this medication is on the market. Not to mention, it did absolutely nothing to help with pain."

Kristinalynk (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Helping me throughout a spinal injury, don’t know how I’d get out of bed with this meds, since insurance cut most of the opioids off the list"

Merry1234 January 13, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Causing horrible headaches and nausea."

Bogart12 December 5, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Actually this is the most breakthrough med in this space that has been in a long time. There are a few post on here stating that there is a “euphoric blocker”, when in fact that is completely false. It is the exact same molecule as Oxy people...just it has the best abuse deterrent on the market. And for it or lasting for you 12 hours can be a variety of things. Your metabolism, body weight, etc. Everyone body processes meds differently. “No long term effects” have not been studied because it’s only been on the market for less than 2 years...not a strong argument. Look at the long term effects that on the oxy I’m assuming you want to be switched back too. Again SAME MOLECULE!"

Nopain69 November 17, 2017

For Chronic Pain "My last post was taken down. Been on this for a few months. Honestly we have to stop changing medicine that works, just because of the small percentage that abuse these drugs. Side effects, dizzy, nausea, severe headaches, which I never had before. I feel numb to the world, tired, and still in pain. Also found out that long term effects of this drug have still not been studied, and there is a euphoric blocker in these, that stops you from experiencing well being. I get it, the well being is what addicts crave, but for people in chronic pain, well being is a good pain reliever, as moods effect our pain. The medication is suppose to last 12 hours, they don't, they last about 5-6 hours, it also only takes the edge off the pain."

Dallas 102 November 9, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Been on this for months, just don't understand why I'm having side effects, as my doctor says everything is the same, just time release. The first 4 weeks head aches so severe I couldn't put in a full day. I'm a secretary, so on computer screen all day. This is what gave me the head aches I believe, along with meds. I also got very nauseous, dizzy, and extremely moody. I put on 20 pounds once I was told to eat a fatty diet with this meal, as I guess the fats help breakdown the medicine, doctor never told me this, but helped a lot with being sick all the time. Doctor finally listened, as I was tired of being in a cloud all day. Also anxiety, and sleeplessness... This medicine may work for some, just not me.."

Patricia 102 November 2, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I am on my the end of my 1st week into my second week day two. Like most of you I cried in the doctors office for fear of the level of pain I’d have to endure daily. My pain was as bad as all of yours. My first 4 days were awful then each day a bit better. I finally began taking 1/ 39 mg capsule every 3/ 0.5 hours through 6 capsules day + 4 /10 mg breakthrough pain tablets. As the days past I found I needed less break through daily and my daily pain was controlled like never before. Don’t get me wrong I endure pain and not everyday is perfect. But yes I am very pleased and wish I tried them sooner. when my OxyContin began to die down within 5/6 hours. The break through were more of a joke. Xtampza gave me my life back"

I have hope (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For Chronic Pain "My advice would be to work with your doctor to find the appropriate dosage strength for your needs and also experiment with how often you take it (ie once in the morning for all day relief, or one cap in the morning and then another at midday). I also recommend to each this with high fat food. I've been told cottage cheese or yogurt helps. I think once you figured out the best way to take this drug, it works -- it certainly did for me. Be patient."

Nickname222 October 12, 2017

For Chronic Pain "For me it lasts about 5 to 7 hours depending on what I am doing. It does help which is saying a lot for me as not much seems to help anymore. I am glad that I got the opportunity to use this. Thank you!"

mouse4353 October 7, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Dose is two 36mg every 12 hours. Plus breakthrough meds. The xtampza doesn't last the full time so I've found that switching to 1 pill every 6 hours DOES WORK because there is a steady stream of meds plus the breakthrough as needed. Hope this will help."

RogueWREN September 15, 2017