User Reviews for Xtampza ER

Learn more about Xtampza ER.

Chronic Pain 11 reviews 108 medications

6.1
Summary of Xtampza ER reviews 11 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Xtampza ER

For Chronic Pain "For me it lasts about 5 to 7 hours depending on what I am doing. It does help which is saying a lot for me as not much seems to help anymore. I am glad that I got the opportunity to use this. Thank you!"

mouse4353 October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Dose is two 36mg every 12 hours. Plus breakthrough meds. The xtampza doesn't last the full time so I've found that switching to 1 pill every 6 hours DOES WORK because there is a steady stream of meds plus the breakthrough as needed. Hope this will help."

RogueWREN September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Works well for me now after a pretty painful period of switching/washing me out of the oxycontin regimen I was on prior. give it time to get used to and should get similar results. After all, its the same drug just packaged differently."

ttluhr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Works well for me after finding dose that was equiv to the Oxy regimen I was on before being switched to this. Definitely recommend the diet recommended in directions, works better that way"

BamaMitch July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Have had chronic lower back pain for over a decade. Insurance co made me switch to Xtampza from OC. First few weeks were a bit of a challenge because we had to find what dosage strength and dosing frequency was best for me. But once we got through this, I find the drug works well when I use as directed particularly as it relates to diet. Also have my backup of fast acting pills when I have breakthrough pain. I think people that say this drug doesn't work aren't being dosed appropriately or they have just been on high doses of OC alongside short-acting narcotics for so long that they are just too far along to be helped by anything new because your bodies have just gotten so used to your incredible high dose OC regimen. Sorry but push through"

Longhorns13 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Horrifying. The onset for Relief is 2 to 3 hours. Then it runs out of pain relief within 5 to 6 hours! If they are trying to hit the abusers make drug and alcohol treatment accessible!!! And the cost is 3 X's More than oxycontin...?!?!? Go figure...."

Sbcd April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "This is incredibly overpriced garbage!"

Fred56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I've had myofacial pain syndrome/fibromyalgia for 16 years. Been taking 10 mg oxycontin 3 x/day and 15 mg roxycodone 4x per day. Physician dosed only 18 mg 2x/day. I could feel some pain relief, but lasted only 4-5 hours and I was dizzy the whole month. As dose wasn't high enough, I had to use all my "rainy day" meds saved over time to compensate. Reps need to help physicians better understand the dosing procedure. I too will ask to go back on traditional meds. Also, eating a "high fat" meal first thing in morning is really difficult to face. (Per package insert, high fat meal increases some of the chemicals associated w/ maximizing relief)"

Dmurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have stenosis with degenerative disk disease. On low dose and have not had surgery. xtampza is better than not having any pain relief but not by much. Very slow onset, lasts perhaps 8 hours (same as oxycontin) and unpredictible relief depending on diet."

RoyT February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Did not notice any relief in pain. I did develop welts on my face, hot eyeballs, itching like crazy, nauseated most of the times. I also felt as though I constantly had the flu. I would like to back on Norco 10/325 x 6/day or oxycodone 15mg /6 day. oh- severe constiptation. Really disappointed!!"

chronic pain in. (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have had chronic back pain for 35 years, Consisting of 7 lumbar surgeries, fusion with steel and titanium rods and screws. I have had numerous pain Doctors prescribing numerous pain meds. I considered the meds to be successful if they stopped 1/2 the pain."

Nick W (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017