User Reviews for Xtampza ER

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Xtampza ER.

Chronic Pain
5.6

Summary of Xtampza ER reviews 5.6 19 reviews

Reviews for Xtampza ER

For Chronic Pain "I suffer from severe, chronic back, neck and shoulder pain. This is one of the worst medications I've ever taken. The nausea and dizziness is awful. If that were the only negative side effect, I think I could live with it though. What I found extremely disturbing was the psychological effects. After only two doses, I had terrifying nightmares that were difficult to awaken from. I, uncharacteristically, felt like Alice in Wonderland in an extremely unpleasant manner while I was awake. I can't believe this medication is on the market. Not to mention, it did absolutely nothing to help with pain."

Kristinalynk (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Helping me throughout a spinal injury, don’t know how I’d get out of bed with this meds, since insurance cut most of the opioids off the list"

Merry1234 January 13, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Causing horrible headaches and nausea."

Bogart12 December 5, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Actually this is the most breakthrough med in this space that has been in a long time. There are a few post on here stating that there is a “euphoric blocker”, when in fact that is completely false. It is the exact same molecule as Oxy people...just it has the best abuse deterrent on the market. And for it or lasting for you 12 hours can be a variety of things. Your metabolism, body weight, etc. Everyone body processes meds differently. “No long term effects” have not been studied because it’s only been on the market for less than 2 years...not a strong argument. Look at the long term effects that on the oxy I’m assuming you want to be switched back too. Again SAME MOLECULE!"

Nopain69 November 17, 2017

For Chronic Pain "My last post was taken down. Been on this for a few months. Honestly we have to stop changing medicine that works, just because of the small percentage that abuse these drugs. Side effects, dizzy, nausea, severe headaches, which I never had before. I feel numb to the world, tired, and still in pain. Also found out that long term effects of this drug have still not been studied, and there is a euphoric blocker in these, that stops you from experiencing well being. I get it, the well being is what addicts crave, but for people in chronic pain, well being is a good pain reliever, as moods effect our pain. The medication is suppose to last 12 hours, they don't, they last about 5-6 hours, it also only takes the edge off the pain."

Dallas 102 November 9, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Been on this for months, just don't understand why I'm having side effects, as my doctor says everything is the same, just time release. The first 4 weeks head aches so severe I couldn't put in a full day. I'm a secretary, so on computer screen all day. This is what gave me the head aches I believe, along with meds. I also got very nauseous, dizzy, and extremely moody. I put on 20 pounds once I was told to eat a fatty diet with this meal, as I guess the fats help breakdown the medicine, doctor never told me this, but helped a lot with being sick all the time. Doctor finally listened, as I was tired of being in a cloud all day. Also anxiety, and sleeplessness... This medicine may work for some, just not me.."

Patricia 102 November 2, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I am on my the end of my 1st week into my second week day two. Like most of you I cried in the doctors office for fear of the level of pain I’d have to endure daily. My pain was as bad as all of yours. My first 4 days were awful then each day a bit better. I finally began taking 1/ 39 mg capsule every 3/ 0.5 hours through 6 capsules day + 4 /10 mg breakthrough pain tablets. As the days past I found I needed less break through daily and my daily pain was controlled like never before. Don’t get me wrong I endure pain and not everyday is perfect. But yes I am very pleased and wish I tried them sooner. when my OxyContin began to die down within 5/6 hours. The break through were more of a joke. Xtampza gave me my life back"

I have hope (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For Chronic Pain "My advice would be to work with your doctor to find the appropriate dosage strength for your needs and also experiment with how often you take it (ie once in the morning for all day relief, or one cap in the morning and then another at midday). I also recommend to each this with high fat food. I've been told cottage cheese or yogurt helps. I think once you figured out the best way to take this drug, it works -- it certainly did for me. Be patient."

Nickname222 October 12, 2017

For Chronic Pain "For me it lasts about 5 to 7 hours depending on what I am doing. It does help which is saying a lot for me as not much seems to help anymore. I am glad that I got the opportunity to use this. Thank you!"

mouse4353 October 7, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Dose is two 36mg every 12 hours. Plus breakthrough meds. The xtampza doesn't last the full time so I've found that switching to 1 pill every 6 hours DOES WORK because there is a steady stream of meds plus the breakthrough as needed. Hope this will help."

RogueWREN September 15, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Works well for me now after a pretty painful period of switching/washing me out of the oxycontin regimen I was on prior. give it time to get used to and should get similar results. After all, its the same drug just packaged differently."

ttluhr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Works well for me after finding dose that was equiv to the Oxy regimen I was on before being switched to this. Definitely recommend the diet recommended in directions, works better that way"

BamaMitch July 24, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Have had chronic lower back pain for over a decade. Insurance co made me switch to Xtampza from OC. First few weeks were a bit of a challenge because we had to find what dosage strength and dosing frequency was best for me. But once we got through this, I find the drug works well when I use as directed particularly as it relates to diet. Also have my backup of fast acting pills when I have breakthrough pain. I think people that say this drug doesn't work aren't being dosed appropriately or they have just been on high doses of OC alongside short-acting narcotics for so long that they are just too far along to be helped by anything new because your bodies have just gotten so used to your incredible high dose OC regimen. Sorry but push through"

Longhorns13 July 10, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Horrifying. The onset for Relief is 2 to 3 hours. Then it runs out of pain relief within 5 to 6 hours! If they are trying to hit the abusers make drug and alcohol treatment accessible!!! And the cost is 3 X's More than oxycontin...?!?!? Go figure...."

Sbcd April 18, 2017

For Chronic Pain "This is incredibly overpriced garbage!"

Fred56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I've had myofacial pain syndrome/fibromyalgia for 16 years. Been taking 10 mg oxycontin 3 x/day and 15 mg roxycodone 4x per day. Physician dosed only 18 mg 2x/day. I could feel some pain relief, but lasted only 4-5 hours and I was dizzy the whole month. As dose wasn't high enough, I had to use all my "rainy day" meds saved over time to compensate. Reps need to help physicians better understand the dosing procedure. I too will ask to go back on traditional meds. Also, eating a "high fat" meal first thing in morning is really difficult to face. (Per package insert, high fat meal increases some of the chemicals associated w/ maximizing relief)"

Dmurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I have stenosis with degenerative disk disease. On low dose and have not had surgery. xtampza is better than not having any pain relief but not by much. Very slow onset, lasts perhaps 8 hours (same as oxycontin) and unpredictible relief depending on diet."

RoyT February 19, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Did not notice any relief in pain. I did develop welts on my face, hot eyeballs, itching like crazy, nauseated most of the times. I also felt as though I constantly had the flu. I would like to back on Norco 10/325 x 6/day or oxycodone 15mg /6 day. oh- severe constiptation. Really disappointed!!"

chronic pain in. (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I have had chronic back pain for 35 years, Consisting of 7 lumbar surgeries, fusion with steel and titanium rods and screws. I have had numerous pain Doctors prescribing numerous pain meds. I considered the meds to be successful if they stopped 1/2 the pain."

Nick W (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017