User Reviews for Azithromycin Dose Pack

Pneumonia
3.4

Summary of Azithromycin Dose Pack reviews 6.9 51 reviews

Reviews for Azithromycin Dose Pack

For Bronchitis "I am allergic to amoxicillin so the only thing that I get prescribed is the z-pack! I like it that the dose pack is pre-dosed for you!! Within a few days I feel better! I usually get the lower dose! So by day 5! I feel 85%. I like it when it stays in my system even after taking the last dose!"

rseuffert83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Started this 250mg tabs 5 days ago, finished all today! Began it with a non productive cough! After first dose of (2 tabs), then (1) a day for 4 days. I had fever-like-symptons, tired, severe anxiety and now have finished all. Now I have been coughing up YELLOW phlegm.. Coughing has NEVER stopped!!"

"Bunny" (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Otitis Media "I have an ear and throat infection on my left side. My Doctor prescribed zythromycin for 5 days. I have been suffering each day now and the zythromycin is NOT working. It is day 4 now and still feel like day 1. Doctor noted no improvement but still wants me to finish all doses."

SLP March 24, 2018

For Bronchitis "Zpack made me breakout with a rash and scratch n scratch n scratch some more. Both of my legs, top to bottom both broke out, the itching kept me up all night along w my cough. Well finished the zpack, figured getting rid of bronchitis was more important than itchy reaction. Well after scratching til i broke skin iIstill have a nagging cough and phlegm, it's significantly less and much thinner but still there."

StillSickCT (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Sinusitis "Doc put me on a 5 day dosage to treat sinus infection, didn't miss a day, finished the dosage, and I still have a sinus infection."

Andi (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Pneumonia "Started 5 day dose pak on 1/17/18 at 8:30 pm. I had been running a fever for 6 days by the 17th. I finished my pack the evening of the 21st. I am still spitting out green every 20 minutes or so when awake, but no fever today. I had diarrhea the first evening only. The last evening dose, I noticed tiny blister like rash about the size of kosher salt on my chest and back. I still have them today the 23rd and am still sick,"

lcv January 23, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "Woke up with that tingle I get right as Strep starts to set in. 12 hours later I'm in considerable pain. Went to Urgent Care for a strep test. It was positive. I asked the PA for the Z-pak because I needed something I didn't have to take 4 times a day and would work quickly. The Pharmacy filled my prescription around 10:45pm. Took the first dose as soon as I got in my truck. It is only 3.5 hours into the first dose and my throat is almost normal. My stomach feels a little funny but I will take that over strep pain any day."

Eureka D January 6, 2018

For Bronchitis "This medication is garbage! I have had acute bronchitis for 7 days, started this medication on day 2, took the last pill today, I feel awful. My lung hurts when I cough, still not coughing anything up. Feel just as bad as I did before starting this zpack "

Nahnah2006 December 18, 2017

For Pneumonia "Was started on this in the ER at time of diagnosis. After three days and only negligible improvement I returned to the ER. This time I was given an IV of Rocephin and by the end of the day I could see huge improvements. Not sure why they don't culture and match the right drug."

Billet Mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

For Sinusitis "This drug worked after 5 days on my sinus infection. On the 6 day I experienced vomiting, dizziness, stomach craps, constipation, black stool, hypertension, fast beating of the heart, low energy, hives on my face, headaches, swollen eye lids, dark circles under my eyes. Day 11 after taking the last dose, still experiencing fast heart beat, swelling in my feet, hives on my face. Low energy."

Tracij (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

For Sinusitis "It has NEVER worked for a sinus infection. I just finished 2 of the 5 day dose packs and 3 days later has a fever of 102 with a massive infection still raging."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

For Bronchitis "Very bad choice for me- should have checked interactions first myself! I am an Afib patient who has been in Sinusoidal rhythm for 5 years after a cardioversion in 2011. I took Azithromycin as prescribed and went into Afib a week later. The cardioversion didn't work this time so we're now looking at more serious alternatives......................"

ffred February 21, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I took for 5 days but it didn't help at all. Now starting Levofloxacin "

Aalamm January 28, 2017

For Pharyngitis "Always use this 1 to 2 hours after meal for maximum effectiveness."

Sheryarorakzai December 5, 2016

For Bronchitis "This medicine helped me. Felt better after day 2."

Christy381978 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "Its not working at all I'm still in pain"

Hope0929 November 10, 2016

For Bronchitis "My doctor gave this dose pack have chronic bronchitis it help very little went to doctor again gave me the same thing I had this bronchitis for a month it's a little better but not gone now call doctor again third time got a office tomorrow this dose pack is junk send it back to India"

little charlie October 24, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "OM Gee I took the two pills st 3 pm I barely made it home... I have not gotten off the toilet since getting home"

Wilton123 September 30, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "Okay so this morning I found out I have chlamydia, well I got the powder medication, one dose, I ate before taking it and took it with 2. Ounces of water like directed, well 2 minutes after taking it I had like projectile vomit, I am really concerned cause I think I threw it all back up, so I'm going to call and talk to my doctor about it in the morning."

katty4 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

For Sinusitis "It worked however on the fifth day of taking it i had an Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). Later found out there was a study out that confirmed hearth Rythym issues."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "When I took this, I took it without food, and within 45 minutes I puked it up, and had such severe abdominal pain I couldn't move and I was breathing like I was giving birth."

Pfffffffffft November 15, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I found the generic Greenstone Brand 250mg tablet, NDC 59762-3060-1 to not be effective! In the past I have taken the brand name Zithromax Z-Pak and by the third dose I knew I was recovering from my illness. Since starting the GS brand I have experienced unusual tiredness, voice hoarseness, & an increase in a stuffy, mucus filled nose. Completed RX as instructed, not improved any. I feel it should be pulled from the insurance companies list of generic azithromycins!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2015

For COPD, Acute "have used this med for lung infections a few times and each time it helped improve my breathing and helped eliminate excessive wheezing."

shmit August 12, 2015

For Bronchitis "I have Asthma so maybe it makes it worse . But it came on suddenly with no fever. No change in pulse . Just a cough that hurt the back of my head so bad that it rattled my brain and made me see fireworks in my head . I don't think this z pac worked for me because after laying in bed no energy for 1 week I went to the doc again . This time he prescribed Bactrim and it seems to be working - I'm feeling better. The doc asked if I had a loose stool , no I didn't but my BF has the same symptons and a very loose stool . I just wish he would go to the Doc so we don't pass this back and forth ..Arithamyicin has worked for me in the past but not with whatever this supercough is. Its feeling like nothing ever before is ... I just wonder how contagious it is"

Kennifer (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Sinusitis "re: side effects, I forgot to add to the comments I just submitted that while my stomach felt a little weird the morning after my first dose (this being 12 hours later) I was prepared to eat plenty of probiotics, which I have been doing. I have not had any problems; I am really pushing the yogurt and kefir. I did feel extraordinarily tired but not debilitated, and I was extremely fatigued from nearly 5 weeks of being sick, so the trade-off is meaningless, and it's improved after the first mega-dose anyway."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015