User Reviews for Azithromycin Dose Pack

Learn more about Azithromycin Dose Pack.

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1 reviews 161 medications

5.5
Pneumonia 1 reviews 182 medications

Summary of Azithromycin Dose Pack reviews 38 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Azithromycin Dose Pack

For Pharyngitis "Always use this 1 to 2 hours after meal for maximum effectiveness."

Sheryarorakzai December 5, 2016

For Bronchitis "This medicine helped me. Felt better after day 2."

Christy381978 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "Its not working at all I'm still in pain"

Hope0929 November 10, 2016

For Bronchitis "My doctor gave this dose pack have chronic bronchitis it help very little went to doctor again gave me the same thing I had this bronchitis for a month it's a little better but not gone now call doctor again third time got a office tomorrow this dose pack is junk send it back to India"

little charlie October 24, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "OM Gee I took the two pills st 3 pm I barely made it home... I have not gotten off the toilet since getting home"

Wilton123 September 30, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "Okay so this morning I found out I have chlamydia, well I got the powder medication, one dose, I ate before taking it and took it with 2. Ounces of water like directed, well 2 minutes after taking it I had like projectile vomit, I am really concerned cause I think I threw it all back up, so I'm going to call and talk to my doctor about it in the morning."

katty4 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

For Sinusitis "It worked however on the fifth day of taking it i had an Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). Later found out there was a study out that confirmed hearth Rythym issues."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "When I took this, I took it without food, and within 45 minutes I puked it up, and had such severe abdominal pain I couldn't move and I was breathing like I was giving birth."

Pfffffffffft November 15, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I found the generic Greenstone Brand 250mg tablet, NDC 59762-3060-1 to not be effective! In the past I have taken the brand name Zithromax Z-Pak and by the third dose I knew I was recovering from my illness. Since starting the GS brand I have experienced unusual tiredness, voice hoarseness, & an increase in a stuffy, mucus filled nose. Completed RX as instructed, not improved any. I feel it should be pulled from the insurance companies list of generic azithromycins!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2015

For COPD, Acute "have used this med for lung infections a few times and each time it helped improve my breathing and helped eliminate excessive wheezing."

shmit August 12, 2015

For Bronchitis "I have Asthma so maybe it makes it worse . But it came on suddenly with no fever. No change in pulse . Just a cough that hurt the back of my head so bad that it rattled my brain and made me see fireworks in my head . I don't think this z pac worked for me because after laying in bed no energy for 1 week I went to the doc again . This time he prescribed Bactrim and it seems to be working - I'm feeling better. The doc asked if I had a loose stool , no I didn't but my BF has the same symptons and a very loose stool . I just wish he would go to the Doc so we don't pass this back and forth ..Arithamyicin has worked for me in the past but not with whatever this supercough is. Its feeling like nothing ever before is ... I just wonder how contagious it is"

Kennifer (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Sinusitis "re: side effects, I forgot to add to the comments I just submitted that while my stomach felt a little weird the morning after my first dose (this being 12 hours later) I was prepared to eat plenty of probiotics, which I have been doing. I have not had any problems; I am really pushing the yogurt and kefir. I did feel extraordinarily tired but not debilitated, and I was extremely fatigued from nearly 5 weeks of being sick, so the trade-off is meaningless, and it's improved after the first mega-dose anyway."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I haven't taken an antibiotic for several years because I haven't had a bacterial infection. Over a month ago I came down with a virus but in retrospect it soon evolved into a secondary sinus infection. I respect the avoidance of antibiotics unless symptoms clearly point to bacterial infections, and I was not running a fever, and what my sinus produced did not look foul enough. However, when this didn't abate after close to 5 weeks, even my internist agreed it might be a rare low-grade bacterial infection and gave the green light to try an antibiotic. I started it the day before yesterday and by last night it was the first time in 4 1/2 weeks I got relief from the non-stop post-nasal glob driving me crazy. It couldn't have been more dramatic."

tiggerflute (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Bronchitis "I was prescribed and took the Azithromycin pack (Z Pack) when I came down with an acute case of Bronchitis. It was the traditional 2 pills at the first dose, and then 1 pill each following day. I started to feel a noticeable improvement by day 3, and was nearly completely better 7-8 days later. The medicine definitely worked for me, however, the side effects were strongly unpleasant. I had severe stomach pains, along with diarrhea, even when I did take the pills with food. Since the pills work for 10 days, i had the side effects for that long too. Overall though, I happy I took the Z pack and it helped cure me quickly."

Nick10011 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Sinusitis "Sinusitis was so bad that my teeth even hurt. Now on day 2 of azithromycin, pain about 80% resolved. Absolutely no side effects. Have taken azithromycin in past for sinusitis and consistently note resolution prior to completion of 5 day pack."

old man rn March 21, 2015

For Pharyngitis "My doctor always give this to me every time I got my pharnygitis, which normally attacks on winter times.."

Tatz January 28, 2015

For Sinusitis "Could be effective, not sure. Side effects from three day Pak; headache,nausea, anxiety, sore throat, chills, tired, a feeling of being very unwell."

yannick December 9, 2013

For Bronchitis "Took the 5 day Z-pack for this bronchitis I have had a month now. After the 1st day I felt great, but then downhill from there. 6 days after finishing it I wound up in the E.R., they gave the Z-pack again...much to my chagrin. I finished it 3 days ago and while I have more energy, my cough is still bad. I know the infection is still there, my white blood cell count is high at 18,000, but they also put me on Prednisone which causes high white blood cell count. So they can't differentiate/determine cause of high white count, if infection or prednisone. Chest x-ray shows bronchitis. Friends who've had bronchitis are suggesting Bactrim, will discuss with my doctor."

carmdonoharm (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2013

For Bronchitis "I had been having a mild sporadic cough for a week and a half before I started having the "under the weather" cold feeling. It started in my chest and was accompanied by body aches, sore throat, and headache from a dry cough. After two days of dry cough and developing Laryngitis from coughing so much, it moved up into my nasal area, where I started finally experiencing mucus. By the third day, I was feeling like crap and had no real appetite. So went to the local clinic. Diagnosed w/ cold, bronchitis, laryngitis. Prescribed a 5 day antibiotic treatment 250mg. The first day I had nausea, diarrhea, racing heartbeat for a couple hrs. I started feeling better after 2 days, kept taking antibiotic, side effects went away & so did the cold. Fast."

321cbl August 13, 2013

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "It is so effective anyone can try it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2013

For Bronchitis "Works great and quick. Will make you tired and sleepless at night. But for all that, you are rearing to go in 5 days. "

rj__0009 January 23, 2013

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I am on day 2 of the 5 day dose pack. Relief from upper respiratory symptoms has been rapid and effective. 48 hrs ago I was having severe coughing fits, sneezing, painful sinus pressure, lethargy, blocked nasal passages, unable to lie down without inducing severe bouts of coughing. 36 hrs ago I took the loading dose, and 12 hrs ago the day 2 dose. My cough is all but gone, I am able to breathe normally, my voice is back nearly to normal, the sinus pressure is gone, and I have stopped taking the decongestant I was using. This afternoon I went out shopping. I have noticed no side effects, others than a mild nausea after the day 1 dose, which may or may not have been from the medicine. This is my second highly positive experience with this medicine."

Chuck 597 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2012

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I developed pneumonia after being treated in the hospital for an anaphylactic allergic response. Within a few days my oxygen was down to 92%. I was almost hospitalized, but begged the doc to let me stay out as it was 5 days until Christmas. I was prescribed a 5 day Z-Pak (Azithromycin). Today is day 3, I'm finally starting to feel better. Only side effect so far have been slightly loose stools, and a rapid pulse. (I'm 35 and otherwise healthy) I find I got stomach pains within an hour of taking it, so today I ate before I took it and that helped."

Willoetree (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2012

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Azithromycin is the best for sinusitis and for a long term therapy as it is safe and no diarrhea and vomiting related problems as I feel."

Dr figo (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2012

For Bronchitis "After 1 day I was 75 percent better. Amazing."

Anonymous September 4, 2012