User Reviews for Azithromycin Dose Pack to treat Bronchitis

Azithromycin Dose Pack has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Bronchitis. 57% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Azithromycin Dose Pack Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 93 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Azithromycin Dose Pack

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

“Dr said "I know that you said azithromycin doesn't work for you, but let's give it another try," She said, obviously disbelieving me. I have yet again finished a z pack. I (yet again) still have Bronchitis. Wasted time. At least I get no side effects from this. On to the next rx”

rseuffert83 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2018

“I am allergic to amoxicillin so the only thing that I get prescribed is the z-pack! I like it that the dose pack is pre-dosed for you!! Within a few days I feel better! I usually get the lower dose! So by day 5! I feel 85%. I like it when it stays in my system even after taking the last dose!”

StillSickCT · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2018

“Zpack made me breakout with a rash and scratch n scratch n scratch some more. Both of my legs, top to bottom both broke out, the itching kept me up all night along w my cough. Well finished the zpack, figured getting rid of bronchitis was more important than itchy reaction. Well after scratching til i broke skin iIstill have a nagging cough and phlegm, it's significantly less and much thinner but still there.”

321cbl August 13, 2013

“I had been having a mild sporadic cough for a week and a half before I started having the "under the weather" cold feeling. It started in my chest and was accompanied by body aches, sore throat, and headache from a dry cough. After two days of dry cough and developing Laryngitis from coughing so much, it moved up into my nasal area, where I started finally experiencing mucus. By the third day, I was feeling like crap and had no real appetite. So went to the local clinic. Diagnosed w/ cold, bronchitis, laryngitis. Prescribed a 5 day antibiotic treatment 250mg. The first day I had nausea, diarrhea, racing heartbeat for a couple hrs. I started feeling better after 2 days, kept taking antibiotic, side effects went away & so did the cold. Fast.”

carmdonoharm · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2013

“Took the 5 day Z-pack for this bronchitis I have had a month now. After the 1st day I felt great, but then downhill from there. 6 days after finishing it I wound up in the E.R., they gave the Z-pack again...much to my chagrin. I finished it 3 days ago and while I have more energy, my cough is still bad. I know the infection is still there, my white blood cell count is high at 18,000, but they also put me on Prednisone which causes high white blood cell count. So they can't differentiate/determine cause of high white count, if infection or prednisone. Chest x-ray shows bronchitis. Friends who've had bronchitis are suggesting Bactrim, will discuss with my doctor.”

Nick10011 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2015

“I was prescribed and took the Azithromycin pack (Z Pack) when I came down with an acute case of Bronchitis. It was the traditional 2 pills at the first dose, and then 1 pill each following day. I started to feel a noticeable improvement by day 3, and was nearly completely better 7-8 days later. The medicine definitely worked for me, however, the side effects were strongly unpleasant. I had severe stomach pains, along with diarrhea, even when I did take the pills with food. Since the pills work for 10 days, i had the side effects for that long too. Overall though, I happy I took the Z pack and it helped cure me quickly.”

little charlie October 24, 2016

“My doctor gave this dose pack have chronic bronchitis it help very little went to doctor again gave me the same thing I had this bronchitis for a month it's a little better but not gone now call doctor again third time got a office tomorrow this dose pack is junk send it back to India”

Nahnah2006 December 18, 2017

“This medication is garbage! I have had acute bronchitis for 7 days, started this medication on day 2, took the last pill today, I feel awful. My lung hurts when I cough, still not coughing anything up. Feel just as bad as I did before starting this zpack ”

ffred February 21, 2017

“Very bad choice for me- should have checked interactions first myself! I am an Afib patient who has been in Sinusoidal rhythm for 5 years after a cardioversion in 2011. I took Azithromycin as prescribed and went into Afib a week later. The cardioversion didn't work this time so we're now looking at more serious alternatives......................”

Kennifer · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2015

“I have Asthma so maybe it makes it worse . But it came on suddenly with no fever. No change in pulse . Just a cough that hurt the back of my head so bad that it rattled my brain and made me see fireworks in my head . I don't think this z pac worked for me because after laying in bed no energy for 1 week I went to the doc again . This time he prescribed Bactrim and it seems to be working - I'm feeling better. The doc asked if I had a loose stool , no I didn't but my BF has the same symptons and a very loose stool . I just wish he would go to the Doc so we don't pass this back and forth ..Arithamyicin has worked for me in the past but not with whatever this supercough is. Its feeling like nothing ever before is ... I just wonder how contagious it is”

rj__0009 January 23, 2013

“Works great and quick. Will make you tired and sleepless at night. But for all that, you are rearing to go in 5 days. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2012

“Did not do anything for my bronchitis.”

PHAT2DEF · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2012

“Everything gotten better but then when I ran out of the medicine it came back 2 days later. ”

Anonymous September 4, 2012

“After 1 day I was 75 percent better. Amazing.”

Christy381978 · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2016

“This medicine helped me. Felt better after day 2.”

MITCHELL.-$$$$ September 4, 2009

“It is so good for children. It helped my daughter in 3 days.”

Learn more about Bronchitis