User Reviews for Amphetamine (Page 2)

Also known as: Evekeo, Adzenys XR-ODT, Adzenys ER, Dyanavel XR, Evekeo ODT

Narcolepsy
7.7

ADHD
6.4

Summary of Amphetamine reviews 6.4 97 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine

Momof3adhdboys · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This is for my 4.5yr old boy. He started after awful side effects coming down from quillivant. Those issues were better than this med. On dyanavel, he calmed down for the first couple hours and then seemed to have little control of his body and words. Extremely difficult, defiant. Not his usual self at all. Going to try something else. I too, was a mom against meds but until you have a child with these challenges you are willing to try anything for a “normal” life."

bipolarADD · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Adzenys XR-ODT gave me great, smooth, long-lasting effects. I’ve had a bit of an increase in physical anxiety/agitation, but that’s largely subsided. Also had some difficulty falling asleep, but I stopped having this effect within 2 weeks. I’m honestly amazed that I have absolutely zero crash with Adzenys, even as I’ve increased my dose a bit. I’ve always experienced crashes with ADD drugs, until I found Adzenys"

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "It was a lifesaver at first, but with the new box I'm taking, suddenly, I don't sleep and my leg mucles are always sore. Could this be a bad batch? Did the formula change? I'm definitely scared."

Bhwde · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My child was just recently diagnosed with ADHD and first we tried adderall. It seemed to just make him tired but it helped a little bit but not enough. So then we tried dyanavel - this stuff turns my kid into a possessed little ....(mmm what word would be good here? He definitely wasn't nice!). it started off very good. He was listening and everything was going well, then about 4 hours after he took it, he got in a little trouble for not closing a door. It was just a simple "hey buddy come close this door..." and he FLIPPED! He looked at me like he was going to stab me in my sleep and started throwing a little baby tantrum. And ever since then he acts like this every time he gets in trouble. He whines and throws a huge tantrum. He is 7 years old and does not do this without his meds. I know its different for everyone but from my experience, if your child has ADHD and has trouble focusing and listening like mine does, I do not recommend this medicine. We will be trying something else"

Paloma01 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "It works but why is my daughter so so cranky and whiny after it is wearing off. It only happens with this certain medicine."

Concerned mama April 29, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "We switched from vyvance in the morning and focolin in the afternoon because the cost was getting way to expensive for both and insurance wasn't allowing us to get name brand so we could use a copay card. After switching to eveko my 11 year old son started having major anger and frustration problems in school. His teachers said it worked well the first couple days for his focusing but then it was like he wasn't on it at all. He started becoming extremely defiant in school, hitting himself in the face because he was mad and frustrated. Calming him down was next to impossible. We were getting calls on a daily basis. Not sure how we will do it but we are more than likely going back to his previous medication."

Momof02 · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "We just started on this for my son that has ADHD. He is 6 years old and he was on 2.5ml of dyanaval XR it wasn't working so we went up to 4ml and now its working great"

Senior in High School · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 2, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "After Adderal and Ritalin made me incredibly irritable, moody, and anxious I tried evekeo and it is my miracle drug! I've been on it for 2 years now and have no complaints. I recommend this drug if you have failed the more popular stimulants! 11/10 recomend!!"

Beagles and Bengals · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 28, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I was very disappointed with varying generics of Adderall XR for my combined ADHD. Brand was better but caused some side effects. Adzenys ODT is a million times better than either. I think my body doesn't respond well to amphetamine salts (Adderall) but does to amphetamine base (Adzenys). Or maybe some of the inactive ingredients that are artificial sweeteners in Adderall (aspartame for example) are reacting badly; I know I can't eat/drink any foods with aspartame or saccharine without getting headaches and low blood sugar, but this would still not explain why the active amphetamine in Adzenys works so much better for me, so I'm going to have to go with the salt vs base hypothesis. Adzenys doesn't make me sleepy like Adderall XR/IR, feels cleaner and smoother, works better for ADHD symptoms like impatience, impulsivity, procrastination, avolition, and task initiation and completion. I just wish there was an Adzenys IR."

AriesMoon · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on 30mg Adderall XR for about a year, which worked well for me except for the crash. It became much less effective at that dose after being on it almost a year, but my doctor has a cap on the Adderall dosage she will prescribe. Just switched to Adzenys 12.5mg at my last appointment. I've been taking it for almost a week. I'm completely unfocused and back to having trouble getting to sleep. Not that it does nothing at all...mostly I just feel like I'm in another world. My thoughts are definitely slowed down, but more distracting from reality. I'm definitely feeling really chill overall. It does last longer than Adderall, if you want to feel like you're in an other worldly state for 12 hours or more. Things effect people differently and I'm sure this is very helpful to a lot of people, but I tried to Google similar experiences and found none, so I wanted to write a review in case anyone else might be experiencing the same."

blah · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on Adderall 20 mg 3x/day for a couple years. My doctor switched me to this med because I was experiencing increased anxiety. I have a lot of issues at home, which I think is the cause of the increase in anxiety. My doctor, however, thinks Adderall might be the cause. I know my body and this new medication just is NOT working for me. I wanted to switch back, but she wants me to try 18.8 mg instead of 12.5. I don't have much hope because it didn't do a thing for my focus or attention and my energy is completely depleted. I feel like I have been given a placebo."

Amanda_0407 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I was that mom... the mom that was 100% against medicating my child. I fought it for years until I could no longer handle his behavior so I agreed to give something a try. He has dx of anxiety, sensory processing disorder, ODD & ADHD. Our ped started him on 2.5 mL increasing to 3.5 mL throughout the month. This medication has been life changing for him & everyone else in our household. He is back to being my sweet, loving, respectful little boy & is doing much better academically too! He has had zero negative side effects except a little weight loss but overall his appetite doesn’t seem to have decreased any, he sleeps well & I haven’t noticed it “wearing off” later in the day. I started getting positive reports from his teachers almost immediately. I am so thankful his doctor put him on this medication, my only regret was not starting it sooner!"

Truth76 January 28, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Had bad experience. Very bad anxiety and depression side effects don’t try!"

Leah2222 December 15, 2017

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I had tried everything and didn't like how all of the other stimulants made me feel. My doctor mentioned this and that is was new and it blew my expectations out of the water. It incredibly useful but you don’t feel like you’re on medicine you don’t feel the highs and lows that even adderal or others cause. It’s extremely smooth and it got me back to normal."

AlexWood December 4, 2017

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This is the only medication we've tried so far for my 11 year old son, but it works. His school work has done a 180 degree turn since we started on Dyanavel. The only downside is the flavor, which he hates, but he's motivated do he takes it anyway. We haven't had any negative side effects other than reduced appetite I'm the first few months taking the medication. He's back to raiding the fridge 24/7 now though."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2017

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Tried all these different medicines and found vyvanse XR worked perfect Until insurance didn’t cover it anymore so I took Concerta and that basically made my heart rate go up to 170 BPM and it was ridiculous so I tried a newer medication evekeo and it’s good but causes a hell of a withdrawal including anger diarrhea dizziness nausea loss of appetite but for the most part it’s good"

Really 678 · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2017

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I never knew I had ADD until my daughter was diagnosed. During her interview I realized I had all the same symptoms. I tried the 3.1mg for three days and felt a lot better. I also noticed I slept really well. I have had insomnia my entire life and the last 6 years I have been seeing a sleep specialist/researcher. We have tried so many different sleep meds and my primary had me on Xanax for a couple of years. Nothing truly worked until I found this med. Now I take 6.3mg feel great all day with no side affects and the best thing is a sleep with no aides and I don't take Xanax anymore. I feel great and my sleep specialist was able to get me three years, yup that’s right three years for free!! I have two insurances and neither were going to pay!!"

Faikey October 24, 2017

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on ADHD medication for a very long time. My body had built a pretty strong tolerance stimulants. I combine normally IR Adderall, Vyvanse, and XR Adderall, and now I combine Zenzedi (great, btw), IR Adderall, and this medication and the only thing I noticed is no increase in focus at all but some weird increase in insomnia which is unusual because it's not like an anxiety insomnia but a strange almost increased ADHD insomnia I had growing up. Normally after taking my ADHD medications I can sleep without issue but this one causes me to just stay awake without jitters, focus, anxiety, or anything. I don't care for it."

Concerened Mom · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2017

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My child has been on this almost a week and it has made her worse in school and hyper, I am looking forward to seeing the Doctor this week, the dose was cut in half after being on it 1 day and no change in behaviour, still not able to focus and refuses all school work and became more defiant."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 6, 2017

Evekeo (amphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Helped but only for about an hour or so, symptoms soon returned. I was on maximum dose, with some relief, but switched to something better"

Anonymous September 27, 2017

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Do not take this! It caused my 8 yrs old grave mental issues!"

birdgirl1234 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 25, 2017

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication works so well for me and my family. Easy to take, easy to transport and little to no side effects. A little dry mouth initially but after a week or so that cleared up. For only $25 it can't be beat."

KellyDoc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2017

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My 5 1/2 year old son was given this in the past month. We switches from Quillivant XR. This is much better for him. He thinks much more clearly, can focus, have a conversation. He doesn't have the anxiety that Quillivant was causing or the emotional crash when the medicine wore off. It's very expensive even with insurance since its so new, but the doctor gave us a discount card to make it very affordable and another problem is all pharmacies don't carry it. Overall much better for his ADHD and less side effects. His school even noticed an immediate difference."

Monkeybutt03 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2017

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine works great for my niece!"

ShannonV · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2017

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I was taking 2 of the 20 mg Adderall a day and they wore off quick. Doctor had tried my son on this new medicine and worked for him. So I asked our doctor to switch me also, only draw back was that no one in our town carries it. I could either drive an hour to a Walgreens that carried or wait a week for the Walgreens in our town to get it in. Said they won't just order this medicine to keep on hand until we have filled 4 prescriptions which I thought made no sense. Luckily our local CVS has it on hand and the $25 coupon our doctor gave us has been wonderful. With our insurance it would cost $89 but was able to get the first prescription FREE!! And then each one after for $25.."