User Reviews for Amphetamine systemic

ADHD
6.3

Summary of Amphetamine reviews 6.4 89 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse gave me a dependency to it and after a while stopped working as well and the insomnia, irritability, worsened. Then insurance stopped covering it, switched to Adderall and loved it for a while because its made me feel high. My mom thought it made me irritable and made me switch. I love Evekeo now because of the control I have with when and how much I take. No side effects so far! Also can tell I am thinking more before I speak and don't feel like an addict."

adhdgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I just recently had to switch doctors because I moved states. Well, she switched my meds. I was on Adderall XR. It worked really well for me, but she insisted this new medication would be much better. I have now been on Adzenys for one week, and I’m miserable. I have a migraine like headache and I haven’t slept more than 3 hours at a time. I will be putting in a call tomorrow for my old adderall."

UnderCaffeinatedMillennial (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My doctor suggested switching me from 70mg of Vyvanse to 10mg of Evekeo (2x per day) to see if that eliminated the insomnia issue I was having with Vyvanse. After a week on Evekeo, I'd go back to Vyvanse in a heartbeat. I've been taking stimulant medication for ADD for almost 30 years, and I have never had one be utterly ineffective at helping me focus. With Evekeo, it's like I took nothing at all. Zero ability to focus. To make matters worse, I'm experiencing 6 of the main side effects, one of which is a raging headache that sticks around all day (and feels like a migraine when the med first kicks in). It makes me feel very wired and shaky, too. I just called my doctor and asked to be squeezed in ASAP so I can switch to something else (might go back to Adderall), as I cannot keep taking Evekeo for another 20+ days."

Mel W (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This has been a great medicine for my son. He has tried 6 different meds but never stayed with them because either they didn’t last all day, stopped eating, trouble sleeping, mood swings, crashing hard when meds wore off, ineffectiveness or turning him into a zombie. He is 5 but almost 6 yrs old and he is taking 3.5 mL at around 7 AM daily. It wears off around 6:30 PM and there is no hard come down. Before this med, we had to give my son melatonin every night for him to be able to fall asleep before midnight. We don't have to anymore. This is also the only med where he has an appetite. I was having to force feed him his meals because he would never want to eat on other meds. Now he is eating great and healthy. It’s also so great to see my son’s personality and humor shine on this medicine because it works well enough to slow his brain down from the 100 mph it usually goes, so he can focus on saying proper sentences and conveying his thoughts, but without turning him into a zombie."

Rissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Dyanavel XR has been a blessing to my boys. ADHD highly affected them both by the time they reached third grade. My boys are both honor roll students now in a academic challenge magnet school. I too was against meds, but I had to save my boys life. The best decision I ever made. The school is very impressed."

AllAboutMyKids (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "The pediatrician started her on 2ml, and immediately saw an extreme improvement in school, dance and at at home. I highly recommend this drug!"

ExhaustedMother (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 7 and has been on Dyanavel XR for less than a month. He was switch because of the shortage on Quillivant XR. While my son was taking the Quillivant he was doing great in school. I was not getting any calls from the school or anything. Overall he was doing great. In this last month of taking the Dyanavel my son has been suspend from his after school program, and just today he was suspend from school. He totally done flipped out on the teacher, the principal and the police at the school. I will be switching medicine"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on a variety of ADHD medications, last being vyvanse. They have all basically been the same for me, with a somewhat high, nice focus window, and then a crash. Vyvanse lasted way too long, had a fight or flight feeling in my chest nonstop, and then made me depressed when it wore off which lasted a while. Adderall was too short and I didn't like crashing twice a day (2 pills). Adzenys XR-ODT is a good middle. Still crashes, still appetite suppression, but it is smoother and doesn't last 20 hrs like vyvanse. Only issue I have with it is it is extremely hard to locate and I have had to drive 40 minutes to a pharmacy to get it on occasion. It also comes in a large inconvenient box, instead of a pill bottle. Biggest struggle with ADHD medications is while they help me focus, they do not help me choose my focus. I can play xbox for 5 hours straight or do house work for 5 hours straight, and I have to dictate the right choice myself."

john September 4, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Okay so I started taking this medicine after switching around meds since I was about 7 but this medicine is by far the worst. When I forget to take it in the morning I suffer and have terrible tiredness. I have no energy. It’s especially bad since I’m a lifeguard and have to be alert. I wouldn’t recommend taking it. You could go to bed at regular hours and still wake up with no energy at all. Don’t get it twisted the medicine was great at first but as time has progressed I notice more and more side effects. The most prominent one is having a lack of energy during the day."

Leem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Adzenys for a little over a year now and have mixed feelings about the drug. I'm a 23 year old male, not taking any other medications, and in good physical condition. Currently prescribed the 15.7 mg dose, but am going to make the switch to Adderal XR for a few reasons. First, this drug can be extremely hard to locate, and if a pharmacy doesn't have it, it tends to take a while to get it in. Secondly, it has caused severe insomnia. I see some other people have had that subside within a few weeks but I've had it for practically the entire time. Lastly, its ability to help me maintain drive and focus is too infrequent. Sometimes it's a miracle of a drug, other times I misplace and lose things one after the other and can't remember things I had just heard or read. It's like sometimes I am completely there and focused, and other times I'm floating around if that makes any sense."

Jay August 29, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 11 and we have tried multiple medications since he first started school. I was doing my best to avoid a stimulant medication but after years of him dealing with nausea from his non stimulant we decided to try something new. From day 1 we were able to see a difference. He was more focused and had little trouble staying on task. No nausea at all! He also takes a mood stabilizer to counteract the side effects of mood swings he's suffered with stimulants before. Because of our schedule, he takes it around 5am every day but it seems to wear off by noon. He's still moody but I have trouble making out if his moods are from the meds, puberty, the fact that his dad just left for a year deployment, or a mix of it all. We have noticed he had an issue with a dry and sore throat. He has no issues until after he takes it in the morning. Overall, it's better than the non stimulant meds, but I'm still pretty uncomfortable that he's taking an amphetamine medication"

Mom trying to make it August 27, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I told my doctor that I did great on the Vyvanse but simply could no longer afford it. Had me try the Adzenys with a free coupon, for me it seems like it has no effect on the ADHD but it does make me feel like I'm out of my body just a little bit, like on a body high which is great if you want that, but not if you need to work on your concentration. Seem to be getting very forgetful on it, missing turns while driving, or not even remembering that I had put my lunch in the work fridge. Only been on it for 15 days and will go back to Adderall after this 30 days. For me personally, Vyvanse was solid, Adderall does the job but not as smooth as Vyvanse, Adzenys makes me feel like I'm on an alcohol/drug cocktail, and Straterra gave me absolutely the worst side effects that I couldn't even finish the initial 30 day prescription. Hope this helps somebody because all I heard was good things about Adzenys and this thread helped me realize that some people were going through similar things."

Jesse (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I started taking Adzenys about a week ago and so far it hasn't been doing much for me besides me having side effects. I have diarrhea and my heart rate increases/feels like its beating harder. I'm worried about my heart because I have had heart problems in the past. I also feel like I'm not fully there, like I'm kind of in a daze/slow thinking. Also last night I woke up with bad anxiety and then today I feel like I want to cry all of the time. I don't know if the anxiety/crying are side effects but this is not how I usually act. I am going to take it for another week or so and only take half a pill to see if some of the side effects hopefully go away. I really want adzenys to work because it is affordable. If not, I'll probably have to go back to using vyvanse and just deal with the side effects."

Autumn (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication is a million times better than Adderall for my ADHD symptoms--lack of motivation, emotional dysregulation, sensory overload, procrastination, and feeling overwhelmed by even the simplest, most everyday tasks. Adderall also caused side-effects such as upper gastrointestinal issues, irritability, and the dreaded crash. Adzenys does not for the most part. I also like how the drug is brand-name, I know what I'm getting each month rather than the "generic roulette" of Adderall, where every generic was different (yet none was as effective as Adzenys). Finally, I think the orally disintegrating tablet (tastes good, btw) makes the drug more consistent than if it were swallowed and wholly processed via the GI system. No one seems to know about this medication, it's too bad because it is a gem for my ADHD symptoms. I hope it isn't discontinued for this reason."

Catdad82 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Vyvanse 70 mg and switched to Adzenys because I felt the Vyvanse was not working as well. I take 18.8mg and feel this medication makes me tired and does zero for my ADHD. I am 51 years old and found out 18.8 is for children that 12mg is the highest adults should be prescribed so I will talk to my doctor but Vyvanse worked much better."

Kracker (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I went through Adderall IR, Adderall XR and Vyvanse before trying Adzenys, and boy am I glad I did. Adzenys has a nice gradual come up and keeps me focused all day. At the end of the day there is absolutely no crash at all. This was always a major problem for me was the way these medications caused me to crash hard as they were wearing off. If this is an issue for you, I would suggest you ask your doctor about Adzenys. I'm glad I finally found a medication that worked so well to control my ADD."

JaJo22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "At first this medication worked great. Now I noticed a couple of side effects. Soreness in legs, increase urination, but worst of all was the increased agitation and dry mouth. On the plus side the medication work better then other ADHD on the market. It has increased focus and helped level off my energy. I built up a fast tolerance using the 9.3 mg. I Have only taken it for two months helpfully it keeps work!"

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This is for my 4.5yr old boy. He started after awful side effects coming down from quillivant. Those issues were better than this med. On dyanavel, he calmed down for the first couple hours and then seemed to have little control of his body and words. Extremely difficult, defiant. Not his usual self at all. Going to try something else. I too, was a mom against meds but until you have a child with these challenges you are willing to try anything for a “normal” life."

Momof3adhdboys (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Adzenys XR-ODT gave me great, smooth, long-lasting effects. I’ve had a bit of an increase in physical anxiety/agitation, but that’s largely subsided. Also had some difficulty falling asleep, but I stopped having this effect within 2 weeks. I’m honestly amazed that I have absolutely zero crash with Adzenys, even as I’ve increased my dose a bit. I’ve always experienced crashes with ADD drugs, until I found Adzenys"

bipolarADD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "It was a lifesaver at first, but with the new box I'm taking, suddenly, I don't sleep and my leg mucles are always sore. Could this be a bad batch? Did the formula change? I'm definitely scared."

Alice (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My child was just recently diagnosed with ADHD and first we tried adderall. It seemed to just make him tired but it helped a little bit but not enough. So then we tried dyanavel - this stuff turns my kid into a possessed little ....(mmm what word would be good here? He definitely wasn't nice!). it started off very good. He was listening and everything was going well, then about 4 hours after he took it, he got in a little trouble for not closing a door. It was just a simple "hey buddy come close this door..." and he FLIPPED! He looked at me like he was going to stab me in my sleep and started throwing a little baby tantrum. And ever since then he acts like this every time he gets in trouble. He whines and throws a huge tantrum. He is 7 years old and does not do this without his meds. I know its different for everyone but from my experience, if your child has ADHD and has trouble focusing and listening like mine does, I do not recommend this medicine. We will be trying something else"

Bhwde (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "It works but why is my daughter so so cranky and whiny after it is wearing off. It only happens with this certain medicine."

Paloma01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "We switched from vyvance in the morning and focolin in the afternoon because the cost was getting way to expensive for both and insurance wasn't allowing us to get name brand so we could use a copay card. After switching to eveko my 11 year old son started having major anger and frustration problems in school. His teachers said it worked well the first couple days for his focusing but then it was like he wasn't on it at all. He started becoming extremely defiant in school, hitting himself in the face because he was mad and frustrated. Calming him down was next to impossible. We were getting calls on a daily basis. Not sure how we will do it but we are more than likely going back to his previous medication."

Concerned mama April 29, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "We just started on this for my son that has ADHD. He is 6 years old and he was on 2.5ml of dyanaval XR it wasn't working so we went up to 4ml and now its working great"

Momof02 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "After Adderal and Ritalin made me incredibly irritable, moody, and anxious I tried evekeo and it is my miracle drug! I've been on it for 2 years now and have no complaints. I recommend this drug if you have failed the more popular stimulants! 11/10 recomend!!"

Senior in High School (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018