User Reviews for Amphetamine

Also known as: Adzenys XR-ODT, Dyanavel XR, Evekeo

Learn more about Amphetamine.

Narcolepsy 1 reviews 15 medications

ADHD 44 reviews 36 medications

6.3
Summary of Amphetamine reviews 45 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Amphetamine

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Have been taking for few months. Switched from adderall and it's been good. Can concentrate more at work and when driving. Overall satisfied and will keep continue taking it."

humour412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on this for about 3 months now. At first it was great in keeping me focused on tasks at work and at home but it is starting to not be as effective I feel. My dr. prescribed me the 18.8mg variety based on my weight and also because I am a gastric bypass patient as I digest and absorb things differently which is why we didn't go the more known route of adderall. As I've taken this medication, especially over the last month I've noticed I have more anxiety, and I'm not my normal happy go lucky self. I have a follow up in April with my doc and will address these issues then to see what other game plan we can come up with. I've heard from a friend that also had gastric bypass that she takes vyvanse"

Bubdrum (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Simply the best. The only side effect of this med is increased concentration and dry mouth :). It doesn't make me feel like my heart is racing or that my blood pressure is up. I'm really happy with this med. I had a hard time sticky with Concerta and other off brands, and I didn't like any of the adderall products. Since starting this, I haven't missed a single dose."

Lucy106 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This medicine made me feel so tired and sluggish."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on Adzenys since September 2016. Works great. I have been more focused at work and I'm other less stimulating situations. No side effects. Flavor is good for a ODT. Easy to take and remember"

Adult with ADHD (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Now my 10 years old son is on 5.5mg liquid of Dyanavel xr and it last 5 hours."

carjulie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My 7 year old daughter is severe ADHD. Prior to Dyanavel XR, our best experience was with 30 mg of adderall XR. But that had a profound effect on her appetite and ability to interact with other people. We tried concerta which left her very defiant, Focalin and Vyvance were completely ineffective. We tried Dyanavel for the first time one months ago. I can't believe the difference. She has an appetite, she socializes, she has a personality, she stays in her seat at school and actually works in her assignments. After 4 days on this medication, her teacher called me and asked what had changed because she couldn't believe the difference. The only downfall is nighttime. She consistently wakes up around 4-5 am with dreams."

thtaylor4088 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I have bipolar I disorder with psychotic and depressive features and a diagnosis of ADHD. I take meds for all three conditions. I take Vyvanse 50mg in the AM. When that wares off, I take Evekeo 10 mg twice every 4-5 hours, PM. I also take my stimulants with Ativan as I also have anxiety too. Evekeo is perfect for me. It doesn't make me feel hyper nor does it give me that 'high' feeling. It normalizes me and I can actually be driven and calm at the same time. Since I take two stimulants, you're probably wondering how in the world. All I can say is that Vyvanse doesn't last all day long for me, so I supplement with Evekeo. I take Evekeo once Vyvanse wares out. I'm happy with them both."

Lulu1988 February 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Adderall XR became less effective so dr wanted me to try Adzenys XR 15.7 I do not like it. Terrible headaches right after I take it then I get nauseated. Even though the Adderall xr has become less effective at least it gives me somewhat concentration without side effects. Also I hate the blister pack it comes in and it tastes terrible with a gritty bad after taste."

adultadhd January 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Narcolepsy: "This medicine changed my life - I have chronic fatigue and I take because I am constantly tired and have no energy. This has given me the energy I need to be a mom and a normal human being. This is the first stimulant I tried. My doctor prescribed me adderall After my insurance wouldn't cover it and there are major differences. Adderall xr makes me on edge and nasty but the adzenys doesn't give me any side effects besides appetite loss. Will take this forever"

Stephaniejeane (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This medication didn't come close to helping me the way my regular Adderall does. That being said I am going to stick with what I KNOW works but that's just me. Now I've heard others swear by Adzenys & wonder where its been all of their lives which I think is great. Just like any other drug what works for one may be rubbish 4 another. Adzenys is a fairly new drug on the market so of course Drs everywhere are going 2 B pushing it right now. I've worked in the medical field & I've seen Drs promote meds that they weren't even crazy about.. It just depended on what the drug rep looked like for that particular med & how they themselves were going to benefit by writing the drug. I'm not saying Adzenys is bad I'm just saying 4 me it didn't work."

MzDisorderedSyndrome (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I have taken Adderall 30 mg XR for a little over a year along with a 10 mg boost needed after lunch to get my attention and motivation going. Since it only helps a little to calm my thoughts down and only jump from starting 3 tasks instead of 5 and slowed my thoughts down a little bit the Dr thought to try this new medication Adzenys XR 15.7 mg. Started it 6 days ago and it does nothing for me. I have zero motivation to many thoughts are swimming around. also have a constant headache for the majority of the morning and dull one later and then a crash at midday. at least with Adderall my motivation was great, I thought about a few things at the same time instead of being bombarded and no crash."

adult adhd (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago (she's 13 now) and was on Adderall XR 25 mg for a few years. She was never hungry and had a hard time sleeping. We switched her to Adzenys XR 12.5 (lower than her Adderall dose equivalent). It doesn't seem to last as long -- but then again it's not as strong. The good thing is her appetite is back and she doesn't have trouble sleeping. She also doesn't complain about not feeling like herself (she is usually a pretty happy kid, but complained the Adderall made her withdrawn). She's doing fairly good in school, though she has some learning challenges in some areas. Although she's only been on it a few months, I am relatively happy with the results."

ADHD mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This product is terrible !!! Took it for 1month . Nothing at all . My doctor is writing me a new product this week . The taste is terrible . May be my chemistry but no good."

Adhd girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Today was first day of use (15.7 mg), after switching from Adderal 30 mg daily. Could not tell I had taken anything at all. My thinking is no more clear. I have zero energy. Vyvance caused a tazer-like spasm down my spine, when I tried it a few years ago. Adderal has become less effective, but does still help me to focus."

Sludge head (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "18 year old college female. I've been medicated for 4 years now and tried concerta (which was hell) and Vyvanse (the devils drug). Evekeo was amazing at first kind of similar to Vyvanse and then it went downhill. Whereas on Vyvanse I just wouldn't eat and was depressed and spacey, this one didn't have side effects like that. But after awhile it made me incredibly mean, and didn't seem to take away the verbal impulse side of the hyperactivity. I'm normally an incredibly happy person but when I'm on this medicine I'm a bitch to whoever over whatever for no reason at all. It did help with the focusing though."

sarahisabel98 December 28, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My childs grades have suffered more after beginning evekeo and his behavior is so much worse than before. I honestly cannot wait to to see the Dr. again."

Help mom in need (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I may not be the right demographic for this medication but works well and better than lugging around a pill bottle and swallowing a pill with water. Comes in individual blister packs and easy to transport for ADHD travelling business professionals like myself."

Able4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My daughter HATES the flavor! I can't get her to keep it down for more than a couple seconds before it's coming out of her mouth. I'd rather fight her in getting to swallow a pill than cleaning up the medicine from the floor. Will be trying something else."

MamaBear39 November 24, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I did not find this medication to be effective. I approximately 3 hours of sustained attention .My energy depletes throughout the day. I do not like the gritted texture nor taste. I will not continue this medication."

Ms. Frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "The only ADHD medication I have taken that doesn't have awful side effects. It makes you more alert and productive with out the headaches and and hungover feeling that I get with adderall and focalin. I don't think it effects everyone the same but it has been a real lifesaver for me."

Calstudent (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I am so thrown off at how many positive reviews I have seen on this stuff, however I must have an insane Ph balance (causes amphetamines to become ineffective), but I do not see how it is possible to take the highest dose they provide and not even feel nothing... like I have not taken anything at all.... The other night I got so tired that I fell asleep without warning!"

TheMrsB (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My son has tried everything for ADHD. Vyvanse wears off too quickly and Adderall XR made him moody. We tried the dissolvable tablet but he hated the gritty orange flavor. As a last resort to going back to Vyvanse, the pediatrician put him on the new long acting Dyanavel XR. It lasts all day which is great for all the middle school homework he has in the evenings. My favorite thing about Dyanavel is that he still has his appetite and is sleeping well. The copay card made it cheaper than a generic too!"

Carterette September 29, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I enjoyed Evekeo. It was great when it came to improving focus. I also have shift work disorder so for me stimulants are great as they help me overcome the hump I hit every morning when I just want to go to bed and sleep all day. My wife complained that I was getting really hard to live with compared to normal. I knew I was more irritable than normal. Over the 5 months I took it I did feel like the level of irritabilty and arguementativeness was steadily increasing. Stopped taking when my wife told me I was starting to become unbearable. I usually get 2 migraines a year but while on evekeo I had 3 in 5 months."

GingerBreadMike September 28, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I had been off of medication for a while, recently went to a doctor for ADHD to get meds again -- was given a script for Adzenys XR-ODT, I have had experiences with Adderall in the past while sampling medication with my previous doctor and found success. This medication at the equivalent dosage of 20mg did little to nothing for me for the first few days and eventually, nothing at all."

Mabel2193 September 26, 2016