User Reviews for Amphetamine

Also known as: Adzenys XR-ODT, Evekeo, Adzenys ER, Dyanavel XR, Evekeo ODT

Amphetamine has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 115 ratings on Drugs.com. 53% of those users who reviewed Amphetamine reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

ADHD
6.4
Narcolepsy
Obesity
10.0
Summary of Amphetamine reviews 6.4 115 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine

Elle December 10, 2020

For ADHD: “Elite aka Lannett has the worst IR generic Adderall I have ever had the misfortune of taking. It almost seems like they’ve forgotten to add the active ingredient. The medication has no medicinal taste to it. Someone needs to audit this company, their processes, and whatever lab they use to test for potency.”

Beckers81 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 10, 2020

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “My son started taking Adzenys XR-ODT about 18 months ago, at the age of 8 years old, and it has been the best option so far. Prior to that, he had been on Adderall, Adderall XR-ODT, and Cotempla XR-ODT (which made him incredibly moody in the afternoons as it wore off). He's maintained the 9.4 dosage for 18 months and we are please with it. It dissolves, so I give it to him about 45 minutes before he needs to wake up - which makes mornings so much smoother in our household! We still have to make sure he eats enough - although he is usually ravenous at bedtime once it's worn off - but it's worth it.”

fatboy · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

For Obesity: “works like a charm! Messes up sleep schedule though.”

john September 4, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I've been on a variety of ADHD medications, last being vyvanse. They have all basically been the same for me, with a somewhat high, nice focus window, and then a crash. Vyvanse lasted way too long, had a fight or flight feeling in my chest nonstop, and then made me depressed when it wore off which lasted a while. Adderall was too short and I didn't like crashing twice a day (2 pills). Adzenys XR-ODT is a good middle. Still crashes, still appetite suppression, but it is smoother and doesn't last 20 hrs like vyvanse. Only issue I have with it is it is extremely hard to locate and I have had to drive 40 minutes to a pharmacy to get it on occasion. It also comes in a large inconvenient box, instead of a pill bottle. Biggest struggle with ADHD medications is while they help me focus, they do not help me choose my focus. I can play xbox for 5 hours straight or do house work for 5 hours straight, and I have to dictate the right choice myself.”

Moke · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2015

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “Evekeo works great. It's more mild in regards to excitability in comparison to adderall. Evekeo is Amphetamine Sulfate and carries 50% dextroamphetamine and 50% levoamphetamine. Adderall is 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine, so Evekeo is much smoother and wears off slowly vs adderall's fluctuating tapering. It is much different than adderall. Evekeo doesn't make you feel wired like adderall does. It's a cleaner medicine. Evekeo is a freebase Amphetamine while adderall has 4 different salts. I would recommend the makers of Evekeo to make higher milligram tablets. It's similar to a 10mg adderall IR. It's just the ratio of ingredients that's the difference. Duration is said by pharmacists to be 12 hr's, buts more like 6.”

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I’ve taken several medications for my ADD, and none of them worked as well as Adzenys. Vyvanse was good, too, but I still felt a somewhat noticeable crash with it. I didn’t believe my doctor when he said Adzenys didn’t have a crash, but he was right.. at least for me.. I feel no crash; the effect smoothly tapers off, and it’s actually much easier for me to fall asleep now. I highly recommend giving Adzenys a try if your current ADD med is giving you side effects.”

Catdad82 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 9, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “This medication is a million times better than Adderall for my ADHD symptoms--lack of motivation, emotional dysregulation, sensory overload, procrastination, and feeling overwhelmed by even the simplest, most everyday tasks. Adderall also caused side-effects such as upper gastrointestinal issues, irritability, and the dreaded crash. Adzenys does not for the most part. I also like how the drug is brand-name, I know what I'm getting each month rather than the "generic roulette" of Adderall, where every generic was different (yet none was as effective as Adzenys). Finally, I think the orally disintegrating tablet (tastes good, btw) makes the drug more consistent than if it were swallowed and wholly processed via the GI system. No one seems to know about this medication, it's too bad because it is a gem for my ADHD symptoms. I hope it isn't discontinued for this reason.”

KellyDoc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2017

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: “My 5 1/2 year old son was given this in the past month. We switches from Quillivant XR. This is much better for him. He thinks much more clearly, can focus, have a conversation. He doesn't have the anxiety that Quillivant was causing or the emotional crash when the medicine wore off. It's very expensive even with insurance since its so new, but the doctor gave us a discount card to make it very affordable and another problem is all pharmacies don't carry it. Overall much better for his ADHD and less side effects. His school even noticed an immediate difference.”

thtaylor4088 · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2017

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: “My 7 year old daughter is severe ADHD. Prior to Dyanavel XR, our best experience was with 30 mg of adderall XR. But that had a profound effect on her appetite and ability to interact with other people. We tried concerta which left her very defiant, Focalin and Vyvance were completely ineffective. We tried Dyanavel for the first time one months ago. I can't believe the difference. She has an appetite, she socializes, she has a personality, she stays in her seat at school and actually works in her assignments. After 4 days on this medication, her teacher called me and asked what had changed because she couldn't believe the difference. The only downfall is nighttime. She consistently wakes up around 4-5 am with dreams.”

Micah · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I've taken many stimulants, and they all come with a horrible crash. Adderall IR, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta; and they really didn't help me focus on important things. Adzenys-- so far-- has been by far the best stimulant for me. I have a history of brain injuries and struggled w/ fatigue (causes depression). Other stimulants helped me exercise, but my heart rate was too much. On this, my heart rate is normal; and I have my old stamina. If you are someone who struggles w/ fatigue, this is great. It's not for everyone, I don't get that "bad taste" thing people comment on. Most medications that dissolve are disgusting, this one is painless. Hope it works for others like it did for me.”

Jay August 29, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I've been on Adzenys for a little over a year now and have mixed feelings about the drug. I'm a 23 year old male, not taking any other medications, and in good physical condition. Currently prescribed the 15.7 mg dose, but am going to make the switch to Adderal XR for a few reasons. First, this drug can be extremely hard to locate, and if a pharmacy doesn't have it, it tends to take a while to get it in. Secondly, it has caused severe insomnia. I see some other people have had that subside within a few weeks but I've had it for practically the entire time. Lastly, its ability to help me maintain drive and focus is too infrequent. Sometimes it's a miracle of a drug, other times I misplace and lose things one after the other and can't remember things I had just heard or read. It's like sometimes I am completely there and focused, and other times I'm floating around if that makes any sense.”

Carterette September 29, 2016

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: “My son has tried everything for ADHD. Vyvanse wears off too quickly and Adderall XR made him moody. We tried the dissolvable tablet but he hated the gritty orange flavor. As a last resort to going back to Vyvanse, the pediatrician put him on the new long acting Dyanavel XR. It lasts all day which is great for all the middle school homework he has in the evenings. My favorite thing about Dyanavel is that he still has his appetite and is sleeping well. The copay card made it cheaper than a generic too!”

Senior in High School · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 2, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “After Adderal and Ritalin made me incredibly irritable, moody, and anxious I tried evekeo and it is my miracle drug! I've been on it for 2 years now and have no complaints. I recommend this drug if you have failed the more popular stimulants! 11/10 recomend!!”

lianioistad · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “My insurance no longer covers Vyvanse (70mg) which has worked wonderfully for me over the last 6 years. My doc gave me an Rx for this along with a coupon that makes it cost only $35. I took it for the first time this morning, and I hate it!!! My body feels cold, ears are ringing, and I can't focus to save my life. I just want this stuff out of my system.”

Lulu1988 February 4, 2017

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I have bipolar I disorder with psychotic and depressive features and a diagnosis of ADHD. I take meds for all three conditions. I take Vyvanse 50mg in the AM. When that wares off, I take Evekeo 10 mg twice every 4-5 hours, PM. I also take my stimulants with Ativan as I also have anxiety too. Evekeo is perfect for me. It doesn't make me feel hyper nor does it give me that 'high' feeling. It normalizes me and I can actually be driven and calm at the same time. Since I take two stimulants, you're probably wondering how in the world. All I can say is that Vyvanse doesn't last all day long for me, so I supplement with Evekeo. I take Evekeo once Vyvanse wares out. I'm happy with them both.”

Paloma · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: “My son has been on this medication for over 2 years and it had been a life saver. He doesn't turn into a zombie on it. He eats and sleeps well. Now my insurance is trying to deny him the meds until he's tried everything else. Except he's already tried everything else. I'm so over these insurance companies. They don't want to see anyone get better.”

Amanda_0407 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I was that mom... the mom that was 100% against medicating my child. I fought it for years until I could no longer handle his behavior so I agreed to give something a try. He has dx of anxiety, sensory processing disorder, ODD & ADHD. Our ped started him on 2.5 mL increasing to 3.5 mL throughout the month. This medication has been life changing for him & everyone else in our household. He is back to being my sweet, loving, respectful little boy & is doing much better academically too! He has had zero negative side effects except a little weight loss but overall his appetite doesn’t seem to have decreased any, he sleeps well & I haven’t noticed it “wearing off” later in the day. I started getting positive reports from his teachers almost immediately. I am so thankful his doctor put him on this medication, my only regret was not starting it sooner!”

AriesMoon · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I was on 30mg Adderall XR for about a year, which worked well for me except for the crash. It became much less effective at that dose after being on it almost a year, but my doctor has a cap on the Adderall dosage she will prescribe. Just switched to Adzenys 12.5mg at my last appointment. I've been taking it for almost a week. I'm completely unfocused and back to having trouble getting to sleep. Not that it does nothing at all...mostly I just feel like I'm in another world. My thoughts are definitely slowed down, but more distracting from reality. I'm definitely feeling really chill overall. It does last longer than Adderall, if you want to feel like you're in an other worldly state for 12 hours or more. Things effect people differently and I'm sure this is very helpful to a lot of people, but I tried to Google similar experiences and found none, so I wanted to write a review in case anyone else might be experiencing the same.”

Rissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: “This has been a great medicine for my son. He has tried 6 different meds but never stayed with them because either they didn’t last all day, stopped eating, trouble sleeping, mood swings, crashing hard when meds wore off, ineffectiveness or turning him into a zombie. He is 5 but almost 6 yrs old and he is taking 3.5 mL at around 7 AM daily. It wears off around 6:30 PM and there is no hard come down. Before this med, we had to give my son melatonin every night for him to be able to fall asleep before midnight. We don't have to anymore. This is also the only med where he has an appetite. I was having to force feed him his meals because he would never want to eat on other meds. Now he is eating great and healthy. It’s also so great to see my son’s personality and humor shine on this medicine because it works well enough to slow his brain down from the 100 mph it usually goes, so he can focus on saying proper sentences and conveying his thoughts, but without turning him into a zombie.”

adhdgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “Vyvanse gave me a dependency to it and after a while stopped working as well and the insomnia, irritability, worsened. Then insurance stopped covering it, switched to Adderall and loved it for a while because its made me feel high. My mom thought it made me irritable and made me switch. I love Evekeo now because of the control I have with when and how much I take. No side effects so far! Also can tell I am thinking more before I speak and don't feel like an addict.”

Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I was taking Adderall IR 20 MG 2x daily from 2005 to 2019. I moved to a new state and had issues filling my old prescriptions until I found my new doctor, so I ran out and was unmedicated for about 2 weeks. I planned on continuing Adderall, but the doctor recommended that I try Adzenys. I can understand the people who switch from Adderall with no time in between saying that they feel nothing because Adzenys isn't such a jolting medicine, and that's what I like about it. You retain your personality, things don't irritate you, and you are able to concentrate. I started with 6 MG and it didn't last long enough (4 hours). The next month was 12 MG, still not long enough. My third month was 15.7 MG, and works from 8 AM - 5 PM. Unfortunately my 4th month of 15.7 mg I suddenly feel like it's not as effective (like I took the 12 MG). I'm going to increase to the next dosage level, and hopefully it continues having the same effect as it used to. Definitely much easier on your body than Adderall.”

Ghawk · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2015

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I have to say I thought it would be like Adderall but it's really not. I read their study, yeah I'm a dork, but I remembering it saying different mixtures working different. If you are having problems with your current ADHD med talk to you doctor and get a 60 pill free trial.”

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 31, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “For my limited purposes, Evekeo has worked great. I use it as a booster dose late in the day. The difference between this med and Adderall is that Evekeo is 50/50 d- and l-amphetamine, whereas Adderall is 75% d/25% l. Theoretically, that change to 50/50 should decrease the “high” dopamine feeling mg-for-mg and increase norepinephrine release which could increase cardiovascular side effects. But for me, I only take 10 mg, so it’s like a cup of coffee with better focus late in the day. At higher doses, maybe Adderall would be better, but as a booster, I find Evekeo to be effective and free of any significant side effects.”

LittleCanuck · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “After trying every methylphenidate and non-stimulant based medication possible, my doctor told me that she was thinking of me when she read about Adzenys. She thought it would be a good fit. I can't thank her enough! I know it's only Day 1 but today my head has been clear, focused, I've been able to accomplish so many tasks! My feet are cold but that's nothing new. I had the same side effect on methylphenidate.”

Lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: “I have taken medication to help with my ADHD since I turned 8 years old. I have struggled to come to terms with the fact I need a medication everyday to function how society needs me to. I have tried 7 different medications from the start of my diagnoses until now ( I am 23). This medication Adzenys XR- ODT is the best that I have taken so far. The best part is that I am not afraid to have it just starting out at my desk or at home. Now one really knows what it is and so they will be less likely to steal it. It works great and never drowns me out.”

Calstudent · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2016

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “The only ADHD medication I have taken that doesn't have awful side effects. It makes you more alert and productive with out the headaches and and hungover feeling that I get with adderall and focalin. I don't think it effects everyone the same but it has been a real lifesaver for me.”

sarahisabel98 December 28, 2016

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “18 year old college female. I've been medicated for 4 years now and tried concerta (which was hell) and Vyvanse (the devils drug). Evekeo was amazing at first kind of similar to Vyvanse and then it went downhill. Whereas on Vyvanse I just wouldn't eat and was depressed and spacey, this one didn't have side effects like that. But after awhile it made me incredibly mean, and didn't seem to take away the verbal impulse side of the hyperactivity. I'm normally an incredibly happy person but when I'm on this medicine I'm a bitch to whoever over whatever for no reason at all. It did help with the focusing though.”

Vincent Vega · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: “33 year old male. I have been off and on stimulants my whole life. I take lamictal, Cymbalta, Xanax and Evekeo. Evekeo has been an excellent medication for me and it just went generic which is a huge plus. I don't get the tunnel vision that adderall gave me, or the extremely anxious and depressed feelings I got from Adderall. Ritalin made my body, even my bones ache. I felt like I had the flu and it actually made me less effective. Vyvanse made my blood pressure extremely high and I felt like I metabolized the dose extremely fast. I felt somewhat manic on the medication. I take 30 mg of Evekeo 10, 3x per day.”