User Reviews for Amphetamine

6.3

Summary of Amphetamine reviews 6.4 102 reviews

Reviews for Amphetamine

Mcnulty August 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Was prescribed concerta, Adderall, strattera, and vyvanse. All worked for a bit and ceased to work and gave me awful side effects. At least with evekeo and the generic kind, I have control of dosing and it’s always persistent."

Dani · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My son has been on this for a year. I love this medication since little to no side effects. His focus and constant going has improved dramatically yet not a zombie and can sleep and eat with no problem. No crankies when wears off either. He hates the taste. Only issue is the coupon for$20 a month just expired. They gave new number but the price really went up. This month is now $228!!!! May have to find new type and I’m quite sad about that!!! I was denied even with prior approval from doctor. Darn it!!!"

Gandhi · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "CAUTION!!! THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS!!! The Cons outweigh the Pros. I took this drug to treat my ADHD. I did make me focus more and that's the only positive thing I could say. Other than the physical side effects like gum bleeding, hair falling, cold sweats and insomnia. The emotional side effects included loss of personality, made me feel more psychotic. STAY AWAY FROM ADZENYS."

Dixiegirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "After both ritalin and adderall aggravate my anxiety and caused my heart to race, my doctor suggested evekeo. It did not cause my heart to race, but I was only on 5mg and it did not help my symptoms. My doctor upped me to 10mg, but I was unable to afford it even with the copay card because I don't have very good insurance. I'm trying to find a way to afford it because it was so great to find an ADHD med that didn't cause my heart to race like others."

Emily · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've had ADHD since childhood. When I got to high school it became unmanageable. I went on low dose adderrall. When I turned 18 I stopped going to the doctor. When I started working my ADHD disrupted my work, so I went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed adzenys. Another reviewer described it as an "other worldly feeling" which sounds about right. After about 6 months on the medication I fell into a psychotic episode. I was taken off adzenys. The psychosis subsided after a couple of days. It was determined that the psychosis was a side effect of adzenys and not a symptom of a mental health condition. Now I'm not allowed to take any amphetamine medications (besides strattera which doesnt work). Adderrall worked for me for years with no side effects, but it just so happened that my new psychiatrist prescribed adzenys as ADHD medicine for all patients. This medication ruined my treatment of ADHD for life and has given me a poor prognosis for the future."

Dina · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Having a high metabolism, my medications wear off very quickly. Dr and I talked about trying Evekeo but decided to try adding one more dose of Adderall XR to the mix. When that didn’t help, tried Evekeo and discountinued the Adderal XR but kept the afternoon doses of IR. As for Evekeo, I had a very bad reaction to it. My face broke out and not pimples but sores that are now going to scar My depression (which I haven’t had in awhile due to consistency of taking medication) was three times worse, I went to a very dark place, I went days without sleeping, no motivation or drive to do anything, very irritable, very mean, not social at all, terrible intrusive thinking, pushed away anyone that was close to me, no appetite at all, headaches, muscle soreness and vomiting/diarrhea. Thankfully we stopped the medication, but I don’t want to feel like this ever again!"

Ang · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My 10 year old has been on this for 2 years, we were the guinea pigs and were the first to try this medicine at his doctors office and it has literally been a lifesaver. His WHOLE life that he has had ADHD has now changed for the better after starting Dyanavel. The school has noticed a huge change for the better and he actually enjoys life now. *He is on 7 mg daily*"

Beck · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I was switched from Adderall 20mg tablets that I was taking PRN so not every day to the Evekeo. I asked to try something else because the Adderall would wear off quickly and I felt like I needed to take several pills back to back. I'm not a fan of taking meds in the first place so this was a problem for me. My doc made the switch to Evekeo 10mg once a day but advised me to taper myself until I felt it working. I'm in healthcare so no problem tapering and keeping track. Being that it was new to me I started by taking 2.5mg and tapering up over the span of several days. I didn't feel a single thing all the way up to when I finally tapered to 20mg all at once. The only things I think I felt from it was paranoia/anxiety (that seemed to come out of nowhere) and craving beer... I hate beer! During this trial my productivity and focus tanked. I waited a day and took one of my old adderall and it worked like a charm. In conclusion, I can't say this is bad for everybody but it's definitely not for me."

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I’ve taken several medications for my ADD, and none of them worked as well as Adzenys. Vyvanse was good, too, but I still felt a somewhat noticeable crash with it. I didn’t believe my doctor when he said Adzenys didn’t have a crash, but he was right.. at least for me.. I feel no crash; the effect smoothly tapers off, and it’s actually much easier for me to fall asleep now. I highly recommend giving Adzenys a try if your current ADD med is giving you side effects."

Skiguy February 4, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "ADHD daughter age 6 was prescribed this after bad temper, audio hallucinations from adderall. Has been on 4ml for almost 2 years. Its worked wonderfully, no crashes or any side effects. As little as 2 ml on weekends helps her focus. She has kept her appetite. After over 2 years we're going to discuss increasing her dosage and I think she has built up a tolerance. The drug now tapers off after 4 hours almost, where as before it would last 6-8."

Micah · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've taken many stimulants, and they all come with a horrible crash. Adderall IR, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta; and they really didn't help me focus on important things. Adzenys-- so far-- has been by far the best stimulant for me. I have a history of brain injuries and struggled w/ fatigue (causes depression). Other stimulants helped me exercise, but my heart rate was too much. On this, my heart rate is normal; and I have my old stamina. If you are someone who struggles w/ fatigue, this is great. It's not for everyone, I don't get that "bad taste" thing people comment on. Most medications that dissolve are disgusting, this one is painless. Hope it works for others like it did for me."

Paris · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've tried several ADHD meds and this is hands down the best. No side effects at all. There is finally a generic, so please ask your doctor to try this. Can get as cheap as $18 compared to $632"

Vincent Vega · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "33 year old male. I have been off and on stimulants my whole life. I take lamictal, Cymbalta, Xanax and Evekeo. Evekeo has been an excellent medication for me and it just went generic which is a huge plus. I don't get the tunnel vision that adderall gave me, or the extremely anxious and depressed feelings I got from Adderall. Ritalin made my body, even my bones ache. I felt like I had the flu and it actually made me less effective. Vyvanse made my blood pressure extremely high and I felt like I metabolized the dose extremely fast. I felt somewhat manic on the medication. I take 30 mg of Evekeo 10, 3x per day."

adhdgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Vyvanse gave me a dependency to it and after a while stopped working as well and the insomnia, irritability, worsened. Then insurance stopped covering it, switched to Adderall and loved it for a while because its made me feel high. My mom thought it made me irritable and made me switch. I love Evekeo now because of the control I have with when and how much I take. No side effects so far! Also can tell I am thinking more before I speak and don't feel like an addict."

UnderCaffeinatedMillennial · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I just recently had to switch doctors because I moved states. Well, she switched my meds. I was on Adderall XR. It worked really well for me, but she insisted this new medication would be much better. I have now been on Adzenys for one week, and I’m miserable. I have a migraine like headache and I haven’t slept more than 3 hours at a time. I will be putting in a call tomorrow for my old adderall."

Mel W · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My doctor suggested switching me from 70mg of Vyvanse to 10mg of Evekeo (2x per day) to see if that eliminated the insomnia issue I was having with Vyvanse. After a week on Evekeo, I'd go back to Vyvanse in a heartbeat. I've been taking stimulant medication for ADD for almost 30 years, and I have never had one be utterly ineffective at helping me focus. With Evekeo, it's like I took nothing at all. Zero ability to focus. To make matters worse, I'm experiencing 6 of the main side effects, one of which is a raging headache that sticks around all day (and feels like a migraine when the med first kicks in). It makes me feel very wired and shaky, too. I just called my doctor and asked to be squeezed in ASAP so I can switch to something else (might go back to Adderall), as I cannot keep taking Evekeo for another 20+ days."

Rissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "This has been a great medicine for my son. He has tried 6 different meds but never stayed with them because either they didn’t last all day, stopped eating, trouble sleeping, mood swings, crashing hard when meds wore off, ineffectiveness or turning him into a zombie. He is 5 but almost 6 yrs old and he is taking 3.5 mL at around 7 AM daily. It wears off around 6:30 PM and there is no hard come down. Before this med, we had to give my son melatonin every night for him to be able to fall asleep before midnight. We don't have to anymore. This is also the only med where he has an appetite. I was having to force feed him his meals because he would never want to eat on other meds. Now he is eating great and healthy. It’s also so great to see my son’s personality and humor shine on this medicine because it works well enough to slow his brain down from the 100 mph it usually goes, so he can focus on saying proper sentences and conveying his thoughts, but without turning him into a zombie."

AllAboutMyKids · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Dyanavel XR has been a blessing to my boys. ADHD highly affected them both by the time they reached third grade. My boys are both honor roll students now in a academic challenge magnet school. I too was against meds, but I had to save my boys life. The best decision I ever made. The school is very impressed."

ExhaustedMother · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "The pediatrician started her on 2ml, and immediately saw an extreme improvement in school, dance and at at home. I highly recommend this drug!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 7 and has been on Dyanavel XR for less than a month. He was switch because of the shortage on Quillivant XR. While my son was taking the Quillivant he was doing great in school. I was not getting any calls from the school or anything. Overall he was doing great. In this last month of taking the Dyanavel my son has been suspend from his after school program, and just today he was suspend from school. He totally done flipped out on the teacher, the principal and the police at the school. I will be switching medicine"

john September 4, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on a variety of ADHD medications, last being vyvanse. They have all basically been the same for me, with a somewhat high, nice focus window, and then a crash. Vyvanse lasted way too long, had a fight or flight feeling in my chest nonstop, and then made me depressed when it wore off which lasted a while. Adderall was too short and I didn't like crashing twice a day (2 pills). Adzenys XR-ODT is a good middle. Still crashes, still appetite suppression, but it is smoother and doesn't last 20 hrs like vyvanse. Only issue I have with it is it is extremely hard to locate and I have had to drive 40 minutes to a pharmacy to get it on occasion. It also comes in a large inconvenient box, instead of a pill bottle. Biggest struggle with ADHD medications is while they help me focus, they do not help me choose my focus. I can play xbox for 5 hours straight or do house work for 5 hours straight, and I have to dictate the right choice myself."

Leem · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "Okay so I started taking this medicine after switching around meds since I was about 7 but this medicine is by far the worst. When I forget to take it in the morning I suffer and have terrible tiredness. I have no energy. It’s especially bad since I’m a lifeguard and have to be alert. I wouldn’t recommend taking it. You could go to bed at regular hours and still wake up with no energy at all. Don’t get it twisted the medicine was great at first but as time has progressed I notice more and more side effects. The most prominent one is having a lack of energy during the day."

Jay August 29, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been on Adzenys for a little over a year now and have mixed feelings about the drug. I'm a 23 year old male, not taking any other medications, and in good physical condition. Currently prescribed the 15.7 mg dose, but am going to make the switch to Adderal XR for a few reasons. First, this drug can be extremely hard to locate, and if a pharmacy doesn't have it, it tends to take a while to get it in. Secondly, it has caused severe insomnia. I see some other people have had that subside within a few weeks but I've had it for practically the entire time. Lastly, its ability to help me maintain drive and focus is too infrequent. Sometimes it's a miracle of a drug, other times I misplace and lose things one after the other and can't remember things I had just heard or read. It's like sometimes I am completely there and focused, and other times I'm floating around if that makes any sense."

Mom trying to make it August 27, 2018

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine) for ADHD: "My son is 11 and we have tried multiple medications since he first started school. I was doing my best to avoid a stimulant medication but after years of him dealing with nausea from his non stimulant we decided to try something new. From day 1 we were able to see a difference. He was more focused and had little trouble staying on task. No nausea at all! He also takes a mood stabilizer to counteract the side effects of mood swings he's suffered with stimulants before. Because of our schedule, he takes it around 5am every day but it seems to wear off by noon. He's still moody but I have trouble making out if his moods are from the meds, puberty, the fact that his dad just left for a year deployment, or a mix of it all. We have noticed he had an issue with a dry and sore throat. He has no issues until after he takes it in the morning. Overall, it's better than the non stimulant meds, but I'm still pretty uncomfortable that he's taking an amphetamine medication"

Jesse · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine) for ADHD: "I told my doctor that I did great on the Vyvanse but simply could no longer afford it. Had me try the Adzenys with a free coupon, for me it seems like it has no effect on the ADHD but it does make me feel like I'm out of my body just a little bit, like on a body high which is great if you want that, but not if you need to work on your concentration. Seem to be getting very forgetful on it, missing turns while driving, or not even remembering that I had put my lunch in the work fridge. Only been on it for 15 days and will go back to Adderall after this 30 days. For me personally, Vyvanse was solid, Adderall does the job but not as smooth as Vyvanse, Adzenys makes me feel like I'm on an alcohol/drug cocktail, and Straterra gave me absolutely the worst side effects that I couldn't even finish the initial 30 day prescription. Hope this helps somebody because all I heard was good things about Adzenys and this thread helped me realize that some people were going through similar things."