User Reviews for Amphetamine to treat ADHD

Also known as: Adzenys XR-ODT, Evekeo, Dyanavel XR, Adzenys ER, Evekeo ODT

Amphetamine Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Amphetamine

LittleCanuck · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “After trying every methylphenidate and non-stimulant based medication possible, my doctor told me that she was thinking of me when she read about Adzenys. She thought it would be a good fit. I can't thank her enough! I know it's only Day 1 but today my head has been clear, focused, I've been able to accomplish so many tasks! My feet are cold but that's nothing new. I had the same side effect on methylphenidate.”

lianioistad · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “My insurance no longer covers Vyvanse (70mg) which has worked wonderfully for me over the last 6 years. My doc gave me an Rx for this along with a coupon that makes it cost only $35. I took it for the first time this morning, and I hate it!!! My body feels cold, ears are ringing, and I can't focus to save my life. I just want this stuff out of my system.”

Honey88 January 9, 2020

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine): “As an adult with ADHD, I love this medication because it allows me to adjust the dosage as needed. I don't take my medication on weekends and on holidays. So when I get back on my meds for work, I can start out with a lower dosage rather than shocking my system with my regular high dosage. It's the best medication overall in terms of allowing me to concentrate and not making me into a zombie, allowing me to eat even with a decreased appetite, and not making me an insomniac. However, this medication is WAY too expensive. The new manufacturer's coupon is pitiful, covering only up to a max of $140 when the medication itself is +$400. Previously, I was only paying $20/mo for my prescription the coupon. Of course, my insurance co wants me to use other (cheaper) drugs that I've tried, but don't work for me in terms of helping me concentrate and/or the side effects are too strong. Insurance companies need to stop trying to play doctor and give patients the medications that they NEED.”

G · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine): “My daughter has been on a few other medications. The first one worked well with a few long melt downs. They switched her to quallichew and that made her angry and defiant. She was just switched to this Dyanavel a week ago, and it's been amazing so far. Not 1 melt down about anything which is huge for her! Seems to be focused and overall a sweet and happy girl. Pray it stays this way!”

Steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “I was taking Adderall IR 20 MG 2x daily from 2005 to 2019. I moved to a new state and had issues filling my old prescriptions until I found my new doctor, so I ran out and was unmedicated for about 2 weeks. I planned on continuing Adderall, but the doctor recommended that I try Adzenys. I can understand the people who switch from Adderall with no time in between saying that they feel nothing because Adzenys isn't such a jolting medicine, and that's what I like about it. You retain your personality, things don't irritate you, and you are able to concentrate. I started with 6 MG and it didn't last long enough (4 hours). The next month was 12 MG, still not long enough. My third month was 15.7 MG, and works from 8 AM - 5 PM. Unfortunately my 4th month of 15.7 mg I suddenly feel like it's not as effective (like I took the 12 MG). I'm going to increase to the next dosage level, and hopefully it continues having the same effect as it used to. Definitely much easier on your body than Adderall.”

Anonymous November 18, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “This is a sugar pill.”

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 31, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “For my limited purposes, Evekeo has worked great. I use it as a booster dose late in the day. The difference between this med and Adderall is that Evekeo is 50/50 d- and l-amphetamine, whereas Adderall is 75% d/25% l. Theoretically, that change to 50/50 should decrease the “high” dopamine feeling mg-for-mg and increase norepinephrine release which could increase cardiovascular side effects. But for me, I only take 10 mg, so it’s like a cup of coffee with better focus late in the day. At higher doses, maybe Adderall would be better, but as a booster, I find Evekeo to be effective and free of any significant side effects.”

Paloma · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine): “My son has been on this medication for over 2 years and it had been a life saver. He doesn't turn into a zombie on it. He eats and sleeps well. Now my insurance is trying to deny him the meds until he's tried everything else. Except he's already tried everything else. I'm so over these insurance companies. They don't want to see anyone get better.”

Ape · Taken for 10 years or more September 27, 2019

Adzenys ER (amphetamine): “Have been on adderall for years and so a while back l had a drug test which is fine I'm on suboxone so l drug test monthly anyway. 3 months ago my psych dr said l tested positive for cocaine which was never anything l did. I also offered to sign a release so she get my records from my suboxone dr so she would know. Never ever in 10 to 13 years have l tested dirty for cocaine so why would l now. She said she wasn't interested. My blood pressure has dropped dangerously low and the adderall raise it so l need back on it. What should l do?”

Lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “I have taken medication to help with my ADHD since I turned 8 years old. I have struggled to come to terms with the fact I need a medication everyday to function how society needs me to. I have tried 7 different medications from the start of my diagnoses until now ( I am 23). This medication Adzenys XR- ODT is the best that I have taken so far. The best part is that I am not afraid to have it just starting out at my desk or at home. Now one really knows what it is and so they will be less likely to steal it. It works great and never drowns me out.”

shell · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “Vyvanse was too expensive and insurance didn't cover. I had a coupon for Adzenys. $50.00 a month with coupon. Both did well at controlling my anxiety related to ADD. I focus a good 8 hours with Adzenys. The packaging is a pain to open. It tastes really good and I've had NO dry mouth!!!! Makes me wonder how I made it without saliva the previous year.”

Mcnulty August 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “Was prescribed concerta, Adderall, strattera, and vyvanse. All worked for a bit and ceased to work and gave me awful side effects. At least with evekeo and the generic kind, I have control of dosing and it’s always persistent.”

Dani · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine): “My son has been on this for a year. I love this medication since little to no side effects. His focus and constant going has improved dramatically yet not a zombie and can sleep and eat with no problem. No crankies when wears off either. He hates the taste. Only issue is the coupon for$20 a month just expired. They gave new number but the price really went up. This month is now $228!!!! May have to find new type and I’m quite sad about that!!! I was denied even with prior approval from doctor. Darn it!!!”

Gandhi · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “CAUTION!!! THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS!!! The Cons outweigh the Pros. I took this drug to treat my ADHD. I did make me focus more and that's the only positive thing I could say. Other than the physical side effects like gum bleeding, hair falling, cold sweats and insomnia. The emotional side effects included loss of personality, made me feel more psychotic. STAY AWAY FROM ADZENYS.”

Dixiegirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “After both ritalin and adderall aggravate my anxiety and caused my heart to race, my doctor suggested evekeo. It did not cause my heart to race, but I was only on 5mg and it did not help my symptoms. My doctor upped me to 10mg, but I was unable to afford it even with the copay card because I don't have very good insurance. I'm trying to find a way to afford it because it was so great to find an ADHD med that didn't cause my heart to race like others.”

Emily · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “I've had ADHD since childhood. When I got to high school it became unmanageable. I went on low dose adderrall. When I turned 18 I stopped going to the doctor. When I started working my ADHD disrupted my work, so I went to a psychiatrist and was prescribed adzenys. Another reviewer described it as an "other worldly feeling" which sounds about right. After about 6 months on the medication I fell into a psychotic episode. I was taken off adzenys. The psychosis subsided after a couple of days. It was determined that the psychosis was a side effect of adzenys and not a symptom of a mental health condition. Now I'm not allowed to take any amphetamine medications (besides strattera which doesnt work). Adderrall worked for me for years with no side effects, but it just so happened that my new psychiatrist prescribed adzenys as ADHD medicine for all patients. This medication ruined my treatment of ADHD for life and has given me a poor prognosis for the future.”

Dina · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “Having a high metabolism, my medications wear off very quickly. Dr and I talked about trying Evekeo but decided to try adding one more dose of Adderall XR to the mix. When that didn’t help, tried Evekeo and discountinued the Adderal XR but kept the afternoon doses of IR. As for Evekeo, I had a very bad reaction to it. My face broke out and not pimples but sores that are now going to scar My depression (which I haven’t had in awhile due to consistency of taking medication) was three times worse, I went to a very dark place, I went days without sleeping, no motivation or drive to do anything, very irritable, very mean, not social at all, terrible intrusive thinking, pushed away anyone that was close to me, no appetite at all, headaches, muscle soreness and vomiting/diarrhea. Thankfully we stopped the medication, but I don’t want to feel like this ever again!”

Ang · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine): “My 10 year old has been on this for 2 years, we were the guinea pigs and were the first to try this medicine at his doctors office and it has literally been a lifesaver. His WHOLE life that he has had ADHD has now changed for the better after starting Dyanavel. The school has noticed a huge change for the better and he actually enjoys life now. *He is on 7 mg daily*”

Beck · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “I was switched from Adderall 20mg tablets that I was taking PRN so not every day to the Evekeo. I asked to try something else because the Adderall would wear off quickly and I felt like I needed to take several pills back to back. I'm not a fan of taking meds in the first place so this was a problem for me. My doc made the switch to Evekeo 10mg once a day but advised me to taper myself until I felt it working. I'm in healthcare so no problem tapering and keeping track. Being that it was new to me I started by taking 2.5mg and tapering up over the span of several days. I didn't feel a single thing all the way up to when I finally tapered to 20mg all at once. The only things I think I felt from it was paranoia/anxiety (that seemed to come out of nowhere) and craving beer... I hate beer! During this trial my productivity and focus tanked. I waited a day and took one of my old adderall and it worked like a charm. In conclusion, I can't say this is bad for everybody but it's definitely not for me.”

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “I’ve taken several medications for my ADD, and none of them worked as well as Adzenys. Vyvanse was good, too, but I still felt a somewhat noticeable crash with it. I didn’t believe my doctor when he said Adzenys didn’t have a crash, but he was right.. at least for me.. I feel no crash; the effect smoothly tapers off, and it’s actually much easier for me to fall asleep now. I highly recommend giving Adzenys a try if your current ADD med is giving you side effects.”

Skiguy February 4, 2019

Dyanavel XR (amphetamine): “ADHD daughter age 6 was prescribed this after bad temper, audio hallucinations from adderall. Has been on 4ml for almost 2 years. Its worked wonderfully, no crashes or any side effects. As little as 2 ml on weekends helps her focus. She has kept her appetite. After over 2 years we're going to discuss increasing her dosage and I think she has built up a tolerance. The drug now tapers off after 4 hours almost, where as before it would last 6-8.”

Micah · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine): “I've taken many stimulants, and they all come with a horrible crash. Adderall IR, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta; and they really didn't help me focus on important things. Adzenys-- so far-- has been by far the best stimulant for me. I have a history of brain injuries and struggled w/ fatigue (causes depression). Other stimulants helped me exercise, but my heart rate was too much. On this, my heart rate is normal; and I have my old stamina. If you are someone who struggles w/ fatigue, this is great. It's not for everyone, I don't get that "bad taste" thing people comment on. Most medications that dissolve are disgusting, this one is painless. Hope it works for others like it did for me.”

Paris · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “I've tried several ADHD meds and this is hands down the best. No side effects at all. There is finally a generic, so please ask your doctor to try this. Can get as cheap as $18 compared to $632”

Vincent Vega · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Evekeo (amphetamine): “33 year old male. I have been off and on stimulants my whole life. I take lamictal, Cymbalta, Xanax and Evekeo. Evekeo has been an excellent medication for me and it just went generic which is a huge plus. I don't get the tunnel vision that adderall gave me, or the extremely anxious and depressed feelings I got from Adderall. Ritalin made my body, even my bones ache. I felt like I had the flu and it actually made me less effective. Vyvanse made my blood pressure extremely high and I felt like I metabolized the dose extremely fast. I felt somewhat manic on the medication. I take 30 mg of Evekeo 10, 3x per day.”

adhdgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

Evekeo (amphetamine): “Vyvanse gave me a dependency to it and after a while stopped working as well and the insomnia, irritability, worsened. Then insurance stopped covering it, switched to Adderall and loved it for a while because its made me feel high. My mom thought it made me irritable and made me switch. I love Evekeo now because of the control I have with when and how much I take. No side effects so far! Also can tell I am thinking more before I speak and don't feel like an addict.”