User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Norco, Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet, Hycet, Vicodin ES, Anexsia, Dolacet, Verdrocet, T-Gesic, Stagesic, Maxidone, Xodol, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Zydone, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lorcet 10/650, Hy-Phen, Vicodin HP, Panacet, Vanacet, Dolagesic, Zyfrel, Zolvit, Zamicet, Theracodophen Low 90, Anolor DH5, Liquicet …show all brand names

Cough

7.2

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 7.6 864 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 23, 2019

For Back Pain: "I have been using "Watson" generic name for Hydrocodone / Acetaminophen 10/325, also formally 10/500 Watson / a blue pill as opposed to white variety. Now my local pharmacy uses Mallinckrodt, which does not help my back at prescribed dosage, can anyone HELP?"

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 22, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I think I can help the government understand how patients feel about Norco Watson brand and the "others". Its like getting a pack of smokes and the store is out so they hand you some snuff and say" its the same thing." Or a doctor doing surgery and he asked for the knife and they hand him a steak knife and say "its the same thing" Or you go to buy a diamond and they pull out a selection from "Clairs" and say " its the same thing." Do you get it now?"

Painperson June 22, 2019

For Back Pain: "I been using acetaminophenwith hydrocodone for couple of years. It worked very well until 2019. I think the pharmaceutical companys did something to the pills. I think some ingredients that use to be in the pill are missing. I need my pain meds!"

Jones1218 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 21, 2019

For Back Pain: "Me Arthritis, torn L3, neck nerve damage, sciatica, bullet in leg lodged between the nerve/bone. Recently had spinal fusion surgery, titanium rods inserted in spine. Taking percocet 10/325 and Norco 10/325 for break-thru pain. the MANUFACTURER DOES MATTER. I made it CLEAR to pharmacist will only take Endocet MANUFACTURER with the percocet and EYWA MANUFACTURER for the norco. Wont leave pharmacy until I check. Comments about manufacturer's, you are NOT crazy or imagining things. These foreign discounted suppliers are causing problems hard working, tax paying TRUE PAIN SUFFERERS like us with their knock off brands. We ALL need to write the FDA and get a petition going. Not to mention the addicts that want to shoot and snort these pills then again WE SUFFER! I have a great dr & pharmacist thank God that knows MY PAIN IS REAL an my medication lasts me from one appt to the next, random urine tests proves it. To my family of pain suffers, may we ALL have long lasting relief very soon! MRS. JONES"

Jose · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been taking Norco the generic brand for 18 years due to back issues, but my doctor retired and a new doctor tells me that I have an addiction and that I need to stop taking it, so I asked him if he even read my file. I refuse to be in pain and was wondering if I any legal rights, I am 61 years old, worked hard in my younger age, got hurt on my job and now they tell me that I have an addiction ,I take 3 to 4 a day and I don't want to wither away due to pain the rest of my life."

Scarlet · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2019

For Pain: "I'm part of the acetaminophen with hydrocodone generic saga. I have had the same bad experience with Lupin brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone . I've been a long-time, non-addict user of Hydrocodone for my Ehlers Danlos pain. Recently, I got my first bottle of Lupin's acetaminophen/hydrocodone from CVS and went into withdrawal +increased pain + my Mast Cell Disorder spiked. Two weeks later I was back to my normal manufacture and went back to my normal. Today I got Lupin meds again and I'm tanking. This manufacturer is not providing the correct dosage and should be removed from the market."

Krissy June 13, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I was injured years ago badly. When I fell it worsened & had surgery. My pain is severe & classified intractable. PT helps but my back pain persists. I tried Percocet, morphine & Hysingla but nothing touched the pain. It was as if I hadn’t taken anything! I was taking too many Advil a day which helped but Dr said that’s very dangerous. I gave up & she suggested 1 last med Norco. I was skeptical & given in to the pain but took just one pill & after 1 hour, I had no pain for hours! I’ve had excruciating pain for so long, it honestly feels strange not to have it a few hours a day now. Another plus is NO SIDE EFFECTS like others (dizziness, out of it feeling (I guess euphoria which I hate), no constipation) and it just works! Husband sees a difference in my outlook and how I’m walking better. There’s need for 2nd pill midday when the morning 1 wears off then some pain at night. But I’m ok with pain at night because I’m just resting. I’m finally getting my life back. I really just can’t believe it!!!!"

La la land · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 12, 2019

For Back Pain: "Ive been on norco for about 6 years. It works great. I used to be on Percocet for 4 months. It worked but I had major side effects like anger outbursts. It wasn't good. So they switched me back to norco 5/325. Much better helps with my pain. I'm only 25 years old and I have a bulge disc, arthritis and scoliosis in my lower/ mid back and ribs on the left side. This medication has helped so much. Nothing else has worked. All the people misusing it has really sucked because doctors are so scared nowadays in afraid to loose their license. However I'm very happy with this medication."

Nana · Taken for 10 years or more June 11, 2019

For Pain: "I’m want to share my experience with these pain medications from Lupin. About five months ago I believe I got a bad batch of this medication. I asked my pharmacist CVS why I wasn’t getting any relief from my medications. I was treated like I was imagining it? Spoke with my pain management Dr. he said he didn’t know why this was happening. So I got more injections!? They just don’t work for me. The next month I picked up my script and it was lupin again. I was so upset. I took my first dose and I had pain relief. So I thought will maybe I injured myself or it was just me? Well I’m two days in on the script and here we go again! No relief at all. I have headaches and muscles aches. I don’t get it! I’m wondering if I’m just getting bad batches with little or no medication in them. I have been on the same doses for years. So I know my dose works for me."

6 · Taken for 10 years or more June 10, 2019

For Back Pain: "Every single person needs to file a complaint to the FDA on Mallinckrodt Pharm. acetaminophen w hydrocodone generic. Your voice needs to be heard. Only writing comments here will not help. Mallinckrodt is putting something in the pills that shouldn’t be there (or putting no actives in them). And it’s wrong and should be illegal. But they will never stop if we do not do something about it. Please write a complaint to the FDA. Also, ask around for Par pharm manufacturer."

RonMexico2525 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

For Back Pain: "I got the generic acetaminophen with hydrocodone with the imprint m367 (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals). These have maybe equivalent of 1mg hydrocodone, if even that. Been taking other generic and name brands for years 10/325's to 10/600's etc. Immediately began suffering withdrawal once I went on to the Mallinckrodt brand. First thought was the pharmacy had obtained some fake 'pressed' pills. But in reading others comments what is happening is so obvious, the company/resident chemist, is not mixing in hydrocodone into these particular generic brand norco pills. Do not waste your money as they are as good as a sugar pill. The company should be sued and put out of business immediately. This is a flat out conspiracy. FDA needs to investigate, make sure if this happens to you please send in a complaint."

Jacquie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

For Pain: "The prescription for Hydrocodone 10/325 I got this month from my usual pharmacist was manufactured by Aurobindo, an India company. Recently I saw a documentary on ineffective pharmaceuticals that come from foreign countries and it concerns me considering how expensive they are. I use CVS for my monthly prescriptions. Norco is getting hard to get for chronic pain patients like myself because the DEA is watching it carefully to make sure it isn't causing addiction. It is pretty much all I get any more after two decades of chronic pain. I am going to complain to my pharmacist that this Aurobindo drug is ineffective and very expensive. I am prescribed 3 a day and if I take 3 a day I am still in pain and end up taking more with little relief. I am not a drug addict. I have serious bone issues that require more than Ibuprofen and Gabapentin. I am very concerned about the generic drugs we are given through legal processes."

Ladybug June 9, 2019

For Back Pain: "I have spondylolisthesis, stenosis, scoliosis, arthritis, a fracture, and also a cracked tailbone. I am approaching 60 yrs old and I've worked all my life until I became disabled and could no longer due to my serious back conditions. I had to work with severe pain because I refused to take pain meds. before I was classified as disabled. Due to this so called "opioid epidemic" my doctor only prescribes generice Norco 10/325 mg (acetaminophen a d hydrocodone) and only 3 per day. All I ever get is this Mallinkrodt brand and for a year solid I swear it had NO pain medicine in it, IF it had any it was no more than 2 mgs. OK then suddenly about 5 months ago they started to feel full strength again and worked great for my pain, not taking it all away at all but I felt better. I just got my new months prescription and it's BACK the the placebo ones again, the pure JUNK, it does NOTHING for my pain, you definitely KNOW when it's garbage because it doesn't touch my pain and it just feels like it's all tylenol or filler."

Roughone3 · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "This Lortab doesn't have any affects at all, it doesn't do anything"

echo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 31, 2019

Lorcet HD (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "10mg Lorcet imprint 126, Mayne Pharma brand. This is NO GOOD! Not even a souped up aspirin as my pharmacist stated so eloquently."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2019

For Back Pain: "I'm so sick of all the "Money Takers" "Healthcare Fakers" I am a 48 year old Black female who has been diagnosed with Disc Degenerative Decease, No Cartilage in between lower back spine, and Osteoarthritis. My Bone Dr. told me, I have the back of a 75 year old man, and he doesn't understand how I'm even walking. I have never done drugs, nor have I even taken pain meds for 6 months straight, since being diagnosed in 2017. Generics of acetaminophen with hydrocodone are not the same in no way shape or form. I'm so sick of being treated like an addict or soon to be addict, I'm not ignorant, and the FDA needs to find a better way of handling it's American People and their Rights... If I want to spend $100 on a brand medication, Insurance or NOT!!! I should be able to, as long as I have a legitimate prescription. AUROBINDO PHARM hydrocodone is nothing more effective than maybe, a 500 mg of Ibuprofen."

Sandy · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

For Pain: "Lupin pharma acetaminophen with hydrocodone 5mg/325mg tablets with imprint n325 does not work. Got from CVS. I have a lot going on with my back. Spinal stenosis, severe nerve damage, scoliosis etc. so I have severe pain. Tylenol. Ibuprofen aleve tried all. Just helps very little. I even took several of the hydrocodone started with one. Didn't work after waiting an hour no relief. So took another. Nothing. So took another. Nothing. Again. Don't know what to do. Been to 6 orthopedic surgeons. They said surgery would be too dangerous cause of all the nerve damage. One said a 6 inch rod might help. But might not either help. This is so depressing. And the pain is horrible. Can't do anything activities ect. Don't know what to do."

Gmato7 · Taken for 10 years or more May 22, 2019

For Back Pain: "Have had chronic pain since the 90's and for years I took Watson brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone and was and still would be fine with it if I could find it. Also took Mallinckrodt brand and it was fine up until recently sometime in the last 4-6 months. They have changed the formula, the pill is smaller and it seems to have a sleeping agent instead of pain reliever. Never have these pills made me tired before in fact just the opposite by controlling pain I could go about my busy day with confidence and ease, now this company has ruined a perfectly good chronic pain reliever and I spend more time in tears due to pain. If anyone can suggest how I can find Watson I would be so thankful."

Nickster · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 18, 2019

For Pain: "The generic Norco that I have been taking is terrible. I have been taking Norco for a few years now, and this is not like Norco. It makes me dizzy, and spaced out. I have never had this experience with any other generic. A half is just too much! What the hell is in this. If it’s hydrocodone, you missed the mark by a mile."

James May 17, 2019

For Back Pain: "Mallinckrodt brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone (generic norco) does not work. All major Pharmacy’s are switching over to this brand. I have been taking this medication for the past several years and never had a problem until recently . I shared with my pharmacist the reactions to this manufacturer, and she noted it in my chart. Here I am a few months later picking up my RX. I couldn’t remember the Mallinckrodt brand name that caused the issues prior nor did I think I needed to tell the pharmacy ever single time seeing as they had I could not take and my reaction in my notes. After the first dose, again... sick as a dog. I called CVS to ask them the manufacturer I was unable to take, and sure enough, it was the one they gave me, MALLINKRODT!! They apologized and said they have no control over what they get and there’s nothing they could do for me. This is just flat out wrong and what am I suppose to do now? I don’t see how they are able to get away with this. I am reporting them to the FDA, in which I have a feeling is a part of this as well!"

Ankle pain, rN May 12, 2019

For Pain: "I recently started having severe ankle pain (maybe RA, still trying to diagnose) and finally had to resort to asking my awesome doctor for a prescription pain medicine, which I try not to do because of all the hype But pain is pain and it’s real and we need relief. I have taken Norco in the past occasionally for different issues throughout the years but it’s been a couple years since I needed anything. I usually go to pharmacy for everything, they gave me some LUPIN Pharm acetaminophen with hydrocodone, and WOW, they were awful- they don't work ! Didn’t even take any pain away, make my stomach hurt (and I ate an hour before), I had to call my doctor because the pharmacy couldn’t take em back and I was screwed out of my pain medicine because these prescriptions aren’t easy to come by. Thank god I have a good doctor and he worked with me and called Norco in to a different pharmacy that we made sure used a different manufacturer, it was night and day the norco acetaminophen/hydrocodone works ! Within 30 minutes my pain improved tremendously! LUPIN is rubbish!"

Annoyed · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2019

For Back Pain: "Refilled my monthly pain meds & since then have had a pain increase as they have switched to Mallinckrodt brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone, So much so it’s causing me to not be able to sleep through the night. Have found the best brands of acetaminophen with hydrocodone Qualitest, Watson & Par (not sure on Par spelling) to work the best for me personally. Have been on the same dosage for 11 years+. If it’s the exact same drug & same amount of medication why are my pain symptoms so much higher, along with other as I I’m seeing, if everything’s the same? And who’s checking these medicines , does FDA do spot quality tests to see if the active ingredients are the right strength?"

Spike April 24, 2019

For Back Pain: "I've been on Watson acetaminophen/hydrocodone 10/325 for the last 8 years and it has been the best medication that has worked, then out of the blue this Mallinckrodt acetaminophen/hydrocodone brand came along, along with the medication not working nearly as well and having a upset stomach and Walgreens does not do damn thing about it. I'm stuck taking something that does not work and corporate America does not care about the little people, they just care about making more money."

Tiltie · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2019

For Back Pain: "Have degenerative disc disease (arthritis of spine), chronic pain, cervical nerve damage , on hydrocodone/acetaminophen (Vicodin or Watson) for pain 30 years. When given new generic, had assumed just a very bad pain day, until I screamed, forced to leave cart in a store, shocked, embarrassed, and no food. Generic was Mallinckrodt. Life took a serious, horrible downturn. Weeks later found an old Vicodin ( should have lost potency ) but totally shocked at the relief it gave me. Tried, but lacked funds to have pill independently tested. Finally got back Watson hydrocodone/acetaminophen, until they too became unavailable. Now same nightmare with Aurobindo hydrocodone/acetaminophen. Tried increase to no avail. Thank you for comments, so sorry for everyone's pain. Something must be done. I will contact FDA, but sadly little hope, unless we stay persistent, demanding random testing, results published, along with exactly what fillers used ( to track side effects ). Otherwise this will continue destroying lives. Do these generic hydrocodone with acetaminophen have any active ingredients in them?"

greenleaf · Taken for 10 years or more April 6, 2019

For Back Pain: "Acetaminophen with hydrocodone generic quality issues. I had thought having to switch back and forth (thru CVS filling prescription) of qualitest generic which is good and the mallinckrodt generic which I had thought was the worst. Now I am in pain and no way to shop around I have had to accept this. Now I have gotten to experience Aurobindo brand of Acetaminophen with hydrocodone, what a joke and now 3 weeks in a depression has settled in. What in the world do they put in this stuff. At 72 I still work but if this is the brand I will be getting then I have to admit I may have to quit work. There is a burning pain in the tissues that settles in by the end of the night and the depression is getting more overwhelming it seems. I just can't see why us long term pain patients have to suffer. I don't care what problem they are having with abusers, it doesn't delete me nor my pain."