User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Lorcet, Hycet, Anexsia, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Hy-Phen Xodol Dolagesic Zyfrel Dolacet Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 1,074 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of those users who reviewed Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Pain   6.8
Back Pain   6.2
Rheumatoid Arthritis  Off-label 4.9
Cough   9.6
Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 6.6 1,074 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

zic · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 7, 2021

For Pain: “I have noticed the change in my hydro's too. (T259). In part it is a problem with the fillers being too hard to dissolve properly . This may not help those of you who have side effects but I simply chew them up thoroughly. In fact I have found I can get by on a half of one. When I started these pills I took 5 mg and was doing fine for years. Maybe your doctor will prescribe a 5 mg dose in twice the quantity. Maybe that will help”

uclaker March 4, 2021

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “Malinkrodt acetaminophen with hydrocodone(M367) is less effective than a placebo. How can they legally offer that product as hydrocodone? I asked my CVS pharmacist what I could do to prevent them from dispensing it the next time...even at an increased cost...and he gave me some gibberish answer like there is no other manufacturer available to them. Maybe it's a Govt plot to wean people off the pain meds by giving them this garbage.”

RelyWeiner March 1, 2021

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “M367 is garbage its works like crazy! Its really hard to find Watson 853. Mallinckrodt is terrible garbage. Watson at least cured my pain I have stenosis in the cervical/neck C5-6-7 plus L5-S1 Spondylosis hurting. I don't feel any withdrawal from norco its a Good drug but you have to be careful my liver enzymes go up. Watson 853 is the best one”

Bootsie June 9, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This Mallinckrodt acetaminophen/hydrocodone generic Norco is absolute rubbish! I've complained to my doctor, to the pharmacy, to the FDA too many times to count, and to the company itself. I'm at my wit's end in pain! What is going on and how are they getting away with this? For 5 years I've been on this medication and when it was Watson brand it worked fine, didn't take away all the pain but it was better than what I am experiencing now! I'm seriously thinking about asking my doctor to switch me from 10 mg to 5 mg because someone said they worked great, maybe it's just the 10's that are junk. Tonight I am ordering some drug tests just to see if anything shows up because honest to god I am almost 100% positive there is not any active ingredients in the Mallinckrodt 10 mg. Why should I be crying in pain after taking 2???? ENOUGH. I am in the process of getting a chemical analysis of my medication. ”

GandyDancer · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2021

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “Train track worker 30+ years and am in pain - non cancer, non hospice palliative care pain. Stenosis.. Multiple Lumbar and thoracic disc nerve intrusions.. (herniated) Cervical Schmorls Nodes from the daily many hours of tool vibrations. Severe Heart Disease. High blood pressure from daily pain. What would happen if people on depression medication was cut off? Why are State Health Departments sending letters to doctors treating people with legitimate pain that can be seen and proven from medical testing while they are responsible to guard the medication they take because it is life saving to warn doctors about their prescribing? Doctors will not tell you about those letters. My guess is because pain medications give legitimate people with proven pain quality of life and keep them out of revolving doors in the medical community where salaries are very high. People in pain need a good law firm to bring class action suit against profits before compassion.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “I can't understand why there aren't any more complaints , is everyone taking a generic Norco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone ) that actually works? If so please tell me what brand it is because the Tris brand has done something to their pills and they don't work at all anymore. I am no longer able to clean my home and barely can work part time. One of these sissy lawyers needs to step up and file a lawsuit for intentional pain and suffering because what these drug makers are doing is illegal and the FDA won't do their jobs. I have been filing complaints since last year. The FDA needs to be sued also. Tons of suicides already happened and more to come someone can only live in severe pain for so long. It feels like they just want to get rid of all the pain patients. I know they changed it because I saved a few old ones and half of one gives me relief. Please file complaints daily with the FDA and these vile drug companies who have no consciences.”

Peggy sue May 10, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “2 years agoI went to Walgreens instead of CVS and got my prescription filled that month for Norco 10 / 325 it was a pill look like my yellow ones little football but it was white. Absolutely did not work. I'm 67 years old and I had a horrible car accident 23 years ago and with the help of Norco I live with the pain. The last few years they're screwing with the medicine - everybody - not just Walgreens, Walgreens is the worst by the way. I believe that they are no longer putting opiate in their pills I mean if you get a 10 / 325 you shouldn't be able to break it so easily, used to be so hard to break that little yellow pill in half. I mean a lot of us are in pain if you're in pain why should we have to live in pain I don't get it. Somebody needs to do something I mean if anyone wants to go in together we find out how much it cost to test them I'll go in one way to find out”

Johnny · Taken for 10 years or more September 26, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “I screwed up my back pretty bad in 1993. The older I get the worse the pain. Surgery in NOT an option.. Used to get Watson and Qualitest brand acetaminophen/hydrocodone for the pain. It worked great. Then the pharmacies switched to Mallinckrodt. It either didn't work, made me itch or gave me severe breathing problems depending upon the lot number. My doctor switched me to Percocet. It didn't work at ALL! Then I checked the manufacturer. Mallinckrodt. If you can find a pharmacy the doesn't use Mallinckrodt...run, do not walk, to that pharmacy. I've had it with Mallinckrodt.”

Screwed for life · Taken for 10 years or more April 4, 2020

For Back Pain: “Due to a severe back injury I've been on Norco for years.. Long ago, my pharmacies carried Qualitest and Watson (dark yellow) brand. Worked great! Over the years, however, now they only carry Mallinckrodt brand. This stuff is hit or miss. I've also noticed that the Mallinckrodt brand is not only hit or miss, but I've developed an allergic reaction to the brand. Sometimes it causes itching and scratching, sometimes severe respiratory problems, or it doesn't work at all. My doctor says that I'm not the only one with this problem. Interesting. Has anyone else had these problems, or is it just me?”

Imready · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “I was diagnosed with Connective Tissue Disease about 9 years ago. Up until a couple years ago, I got excellent relief from a yellow generic Norco 5 325. It didn't always relieve all the pain but that's OK. I changed pharmacies twice now in hope of getting a product that made my life liveable. All I've gotten has been this ineffective m365. I took one over 2 hours ago and now do I finely feel like moving around, a big difference from getting relief in 20-30 minutes. The FDA is clearly negligent. They don't test generics for effectiveness at all. This witch hunt on Hydrocodone is a joke, with responsible hard working Americans paying the price in pain because of the who obtain these drugs illegally. The FDA just recently decided that cigars needed to be tested at $100k per test, but they refuse to test prescription medications prescribed by responsible care givers to tax paying Americans.”

Pain for 35 years August 25, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “Fibro, CF, deg.arthritis, bilateral TJR of jaw. Have side effects to most meds, Norco works best. Generic Norco quality declined substantially since 2017. Used to take Qualitest generic 10/325 worked great, then Watson. Mallinckrodt, awful, did I mention AWFUL? Felt as I took nothing, nausea, & dizziness. Tried Par brand bad as Mallinckrodt. Dr. documents chart about lack of effectiveness of generic brands. Called small pharmacy, asked to order brand name Norco. Did this w/out any hassle or judgment.Costs $500 /100 , Rx is 180/ month. I pay $10 or less for generics. Good news brand name Norco works great, no side effects, pain 8 goes down to 3-4. Bad news can't afford. Req. ins co. cover, have documented generics give no pain relief. Think generic fillers are poor quality, & is why don't work for a lot of us in pain. Assume brand name have better quality fillers. It's unfair we have sub-par meds. Not all generics work as well as brand names, as they claim. Brand: Allergan, white, oblong, NORCO 539.”

Leo August 7, 2020

For Pain: “I am a hard working citizen. I do not do recreational drugs or drink alcohol and yet I feel like I’m being treated like a vagrant getting the same medication I’ve been getting for years. The pharmacies are making it harder and harder , they push out refill dates every time , sometimes for weeks with the same excuse “Oh sorry our shipment didn’t come in”. Oh sorry! They aren’t the ones suffering in pain trying to make it through the day. Then they use Cheap products like the brand LUPIN. It’s awful. It gives me headaches, blurred vision, and dehydration. It’s worse than Aurobindo. I call, and call and call and and do tons of legwork on my own to make sure the pharmacist orders the right mfg and they get it wrong. I physically talk face to face and they still get it wrong. So at this point it feels intentional. The street users and addicts make it so horrible for the people who really need to use it to function. This has to change. :(”

Harve · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “The generic norco if today will be ineffective due to the abuse deterrence altering the effectiveness of the pain pill. Most of the pharmaceutical companies have been instructed to do this to avoid abuse, all the while not receiving any relief for those in pain.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 22, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “I think I can help the government understand how patients feel about Norco Watson brand and the "others". Its like getting a pack of smokes and the store is out so they hand you some snuff and say" its the same thing." Or a doctor doing surgery and he asked for the knife and they hand him a steak knife and say "its the same thing" Or you go to buy a diamond and they pull out a selection from "Clairs" and say " its the same thing." Do you get it now?”

Jantzanne · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 18, 2020

For Back Pain: “I am so done with this generic hydrocodone. It does absolutely nothing for my pain and I don't understand how this medicine is even allowed on the market. There is no way in Hattiesburg there's more than 1 mg of hydrocodone in the 10 mg tablets. This stuff just makes me sick-ish and sleepy. Years ago it always worked, heck a half of one worked, now 2 won't even work. There is not one generic on the market today that is worth taking. If your doctor prescribes this for your pain you're pretty much going to suffer in pain like me and I know I'm not the only one as I know others who have had this med for pain issues and it didn't work for them either. Absolute garbage, the U.S. FDA is garbage as well to allow this.”

ArkansasGirl · Taken for 10 years or more January 16, 2021

For Pain: “The old yellow hydros with the checkmark were the best for helping my chronic pain. Now all pharmacies have the mallinckrodt M367 white ones which may as well be sugar pills. Very little effect if any, the government just can't stop hurting all of us who actually need pain medicine due to all the other people overdosing. No idea how the FDA hasn't done anything about this!!! Terrible!!”

Nurse55 · Taken for 10 years or more May 21, 2020

For Back Pain: “I have been taking Hydrocodone for about 10 years. I have back issues(need surgery), an ankle that I had surgery on several years ago that gives me problems all the time and severe arthritis in my hands. I also have a bad left knee and rt. rotator cuff issues. My body is just beat up and worn out. Biggest reason is from being a Registered Nurse in the hospital setting for 20 years. Anyway, I noticed a change in the medication first time about a year ago. Then again about 3 months ago. The change(s) are VERY NOTABLE!! I have nausea, ringing in ears, less pain relief and dizziness so bad I feel like I have vertigo (which I don't..I had that checked). It is the Mallinckrodt mgfr. The fact they change the formulas on medications and don't let people know is terrible. Whether its dosage of the pain medication in it or fillers, it could potentially be a fatal issue if someone has allergy. The street addicts..ones that take any and everything to get high, has ruined true pain sufferers lives!!!”

Jose · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “I have been taking Norco the generic brand for 18 years due to back issues, but my doctor retired and a new doctor tells me that I have an addiction and that I need to stop taking it, so I asked him if he even read my file. I refuse to be in pain and was wondering if I any legal rights, I am 61 years old, worked hard in my younger age, got hurt on my job and now they tell me that I have an addiction ,I take 3 to 4 a day and I don't want to wither away due to pain the rest of my life.”

Twally · Taken for 10 years or more January 22, 2021

For Back Pain: “This medication is effective if your lucky enough to get the right brand or a good generic!!! T258 camber brand norco is junk ! They don’t work at all and Aurobindo is just as bad with horrible side effects !!! I have been on this medication for 15 + years I don’t see how this is allowed to pass QA. The FDA need to stop messing with people! They think switching formulas will stop over dosing when all it dose it hurt the people who truly need it. I personally am now gonna have to call pharmacy’s and look bad asking what brand they have because I refuse to have a 3rd month with CAMBER brand. I’ve been on several different brands again stay away from CAMBER and AUROBENDO it’s only side effects in a bottle with no pain reliever!”

Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “This is an update the last 3 months of Tris brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone (generic Norco) has felt like taking nothing. My new refill Friday of January 17 now feels like I'm taking a completely different medication this is not hyrdocodone in these pills!!! I am tired dizzy headache and a little upset stomach. These manufactures are doing some sort of testing on consumers using us as lab rats and its sickening. PLEASE PPL FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE COMPANIES AND FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FDA ONLINE FORMS EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY GET INVESTIGATED.”

Annie · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 3, 2021

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I've been taking Norco for 10 years I've never had a problem but my pharmacy changed to this pharmaceutical company mallinckrodt and I'm literally taking one pill every four hours and it still doesn't work it takes 30 to 40 minutes for it to take effect so I sit here in pain. it just seems that there's something wrong with this drug I've never had a problem before I don't have an addiction to these pills I've been very careful only to take them when I need them.”

Slydog November 15, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Question I am so lost. So I get hydrocodone 10 mg every month. Well I noticed if I get white pills from CVS they work perfectly, but if I get yellow v3601 10mg they do absolutely nothing. I made this mistake 2 times when dr asked me if I get my meds from heb pharmacy I said yes which was a mistake because this is second time I got pills from there and they do nothing for me. I get white ones and I definitely feel it working. People keep telling me its same pill just different manufacturers but I know the yellow ones have some different ingredients in it”

Sue · Taken for 10 years or more July 24, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I can tell you right now the Mallinckrodt hydrocodone has been changed ! I don’t think there is anything in them for pain , I believe they are taking it off market. I, for one, don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m 60 I’ve had 5 back surgeries, 1 neck surgeries I have been in pain for 13 years and have been taking the same dose for just as long ! I’m sick to my stomach , puke , I’ve had a cluster headache for over two months, dizzy, gain weight , tired all the time ! Why would the government do this to people that truly need this medication. I’m not a kid sneaking pills out of the medicine cabinet ! I wish I knew who to call about Mallinckrodt ! This stuff is nasty I’m worried there is something going into it that could really hurt us ! My god what can we do ?”

Gman February 11, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “Been on hydrocodone 20 years now. Life was great when six 10/325 yellow tabs worked 10 hour days. I was able to work and make great money (self employed contractor in home improvements)..bills paid...child support paid..life was great...then the proclaimed opioid crisis came. Pain management cut me down to four 10/325. Work went OK...(only 7 hour days)...then pain management cut me down again..(against my will )...down to four 7.5/325, then down to three 7.5/325 a day. Now I can only work 3 days a week for 3 hours. I am now behind on support orders, house payments, bills, taxes...and mind you..never abused them...don't drink..never did drugs (street illicit ). Always passed the urine tests for for meds...always passed pill counts...perfect pain management role model. My pain is all due to 3 motorcycle crashes, fell off roof (24 feet), tree fell on me, ran over by truck in 9th grade, so yeah a long history of injuries. Now about to loose everything I worked for last 20 years. The newest generics prescribe to me is PAR Pharmaceutical 7.5/325 and I don't even think there is any active ingredient in them..god bless”

JP September 12, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: “For years I took brand Norco (acetaminophen/hydrocodone) when it was manufactured by Watson. When the drug went off patent, many companies jumped in to manufacture generic versions of the drug. At one time, Watson was manufacturing a generic, which was great, since it was exactly the same as the brand, but Watson was bought out, and it's impossible to know (except through trial and error) whether the purchaser is using the Watson "recipe." As for generics acetaminophen with hydrocodone, for me, the generic Norco manufactured by Aurobindo has been excellent, as has that manufactured by Mallinckrodt and Rhodes. I have also been able to take the generic manufactured by Tris with what is usually adequate pain relief (but not as good as Aurobindo, Mallinckrodt or Rhodes). The generic that I absolutely cannot take is Amneal - it's like not taking anything at all. I'm not sure why, as all of these drugs should have the same amount of opiate in them, but I might as well not fill the prescription if the generic is Amneal.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 26, 2020

For Back Pain: “I have chronic back pain from an injury to 5th lumbar region. I had back surgery in 1997. The surgery gave me pain relief for two years, and that was it. Now my entire back hurts from top to bottom with pain going down left leg. I have been taking hydrocodone since 2003, and it has always worked for me. Giving me enough pain relief to live an active life. Within the last two years I have noticed that the hydrocodone wasn't taking away my pain like it use to. Now it doesn't work at all. My last prescription was Tris PHARMA brand. This medication is comparable to Mallinckrodt brand. I have nausea, ringing in ears, headaches, and severe dizziness. I feel like I am going to fall over when I get up. Is there anyone out there who can help us? Who represents the people who have to take pain medications to live? My quality of life is now gone. We need help here!”

Inthecut · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “The generic hydrocodone/ acetaminophen combo has turned into absolute garbage in the US. In my experience pharmacies are just purchasing the cheapest product they can find, which increases all the bad effects of an opioid while providing very little pain relief. Opioids are the only drug class you can't even pay extra for the name brand for, all thanks to pharmacy/insurance company policy. It is absurd. Honestly, it should be illegal. Luckily my doctor is willing to switch me to percocet or oxy (which is almost impossible in todays age) so I'm glad. On the other hand I seem to have a weirdly high tolerance to oxy. Either way report this to the drug manufacturers (mallinckrodt, Tris, etc) is the only way. The FDA is filled people who don't answer the phone, so reporting to the manufacturers as well is best.”

JB March 17, 2020

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: “This pill didn't do much of anything before but now days they do even less. Are they doing something to the pain meds so that they are not consistent ever.!!! Some months you get a script that's amazing an other times they make you feel so bad your head hurts an etc. But the feds and gov have there hands in every thing so I'm sure there knocking everything off so can't trust any of them anymore. It is nothing like it use to be...”