User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Hycet, Lorcet, Norco, Verdrocet, Vicodin, Xodol, Zamicet, ...show all 39 brand namesAnexsia, Lortab, Zydone, Lorcet HD, Bancap HC, Lortab Elixir, Lortab 5/500, Lortab 7.5/500, Lorcet Plus, Lorcet 10/650, Vicodin ES, Hy-Phen, Co-Gesic, Vicodin HP, Anolor DH5, Panacet, Polygesic, Stagesic, T-Gesic, Vanacet, Dolacet, Lortab 10/500, Maxidone, Stagesic-10, Lortab 2.5/500, Dolorex Forte, Xodol 5, Liquicet, Zolvit, Lortab 10/325, Lortab 5/325, Lortab 7.5/325

Cough

Rheumatoid Arthritis
7.2

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 7.6 840 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Back Pain: "Acetaminophen with hydrocodone generic quality issues. I had thought having to switch back and forth (thru CVS filling prescription) of qualitest generic which is good and the mallinckrodt generic which I had thought was the worst. Now I am in pain and no way to shop around I have had to accept this. Now I have gotten to experience Aurobindo brand of Acetaminophen with hydrocodone, what a joke and now 3 weeks in a depression has settled in. What in the world do they put in this stuff. At 72 I still work but if this is the brand I will be getting then I have to admit I may have to quit work. There is a burning pain in the tissues that settles in by the end of the night and the depression is getting more overwhelming it seems. I just can't see why us long term pain patients have to suffer. I don't care what problem they are having with abusers, it doesn't delete me nor my pain."

greenleaf (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2019

For Pain: "My pain issues are Severe Congenital Spinal Stenosis of Cervical,and lumbar,Degenerative Disc Disease,Scoliosis, & peripheral neuropathy. The stenosis causing my spine to flatten. I'm new to writing reviews, so please bear with me. My pain management Dr prescribed Norco 10/325. I've always received the brand Lupin Pharmaceuticals which relieve my pain tremendously. Until recently I was given Amneal Pharm, and today Mallinckrodt Pharm both from my CVS Pharmacy. These 2 Companies are distributing trash! If I were to submit Lupin Pharmaceuticals Norco, Amneal, & Mallinckrodt to a chemist he/she would respond with the same results. Those Companies Amneal, & Mallinckrodt are using some type of fillers that has caused their pain medication to be worse than a baby aspirin! It shouldn't matter what company manufactures Norco. They should all be the same, however that's not the case! They'll end up causing people to take more than prescribed, because there's no pain relief! Quit screwing with pain medication! How do these people sleep at night knowing their product is JUNK! THANK YOU LUPIN PHARMECEUTICALS FOR NOT BEING PART OF THE MONOPOLY THE GOVERNMENT HAS CREATED FOR PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC PAIN!"

Realtorking6869 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Both Norco and it’s Generic Actavis version 5-300 mg (White Scored Tablets) caused such a reaction that I turned in both prescriptions in to local Police Department Med Drop. CVS noted I could not take Norco, yet one month later they filled a prescription with the Generic form by Actavis, once again I was violently ill. For me Mallinckrodt White Oval Scored Tablet 5-300 mg is a marvel. No side effects whatsoever, just absolute pain relief in 30-45 minutes. Effective up to 5 hours, even 1/2 tablet is effective within an hour lasts perhaps 4-4:30 hours. CVS now only carries LUPIN Pharmaceuticals for Generic Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 5-300 mg. Agh ! Massive headache, waves of nausea and dizzying lightheaded~No Pain Relief ."

Jax March 29, 2019

For Pain: "When Brand Vicodin or Lortab became unavailable to my pharmacy, I was switched (by CVS) to Generic brand Mallinckrodt 5-300 mg white oval scored tablet from . For me this worked. No side effects what so ever, just pain relief within 30-40 minutes lasting upwards 5-6 hours. Even when taking 1/2 tablet relief was always welcome. Now CVS has decided that LUPIN Pharmaceuticals will be their supplier for this medication. As of Tuesday, my new pills same dosage, same frequency but oh what a nightmare~ 20-35 minutes in massive headache starts at base of skull moving upwards to crown of head, dizziness accompanied by waves of nausea. As for pain relief, none nothing. Norco and it’s Generic by Actavis is another form of this medication that I had a terrible reaction to, hence off to the “Med Drop” with those as well."

Jax March 28, 2019

For Back Pain: "I have severe back issues, DDD (Degenerative Disc Disease), Arthritis and was in a car accident. I have taken Norco, 10/325 with Watson on it for over 10 years. I took 2 a day and was great, I could work all day, sleep great, I was able to be very productive in my life and career. This Brand is horrible, does not touch the pain, makes me itch, nauseated and bloating, I'm less functional and really irritated. I have pain the majority of everyday. Here where I live almost everywhere has this brand. I wish they had the Activist white watson. I found an old one and "WOW" I could function and that proved it is in fact the other Brand is like a placebo...I'd like to report this I will research how."

Rina (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2019

For Back Pain: "My doctor prescribed acetaminophen/hydrocodone n 351 (Novel Laboratories, Inc.) .does not work.!"

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Pain: "Are all of you that are complaining about mallinckrodt have you already filed complaints with the FDA???? I sure hope so because thats they only way they will be stopped. So sure complaining here BUT PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS TO THE FDA! Also do complaints onnTRIS they changed their formula and it no longer works this is sickening!I am gonna be homeless as I had to quit my job due to no pain relief! I know they changed it because I had saved a few pills from prior month and when I took even HALF I felt night n day difference. Yet I called tris and they lie and say nothing changed. They are doing something probably illegal and it also makes my heart race. They are playing with peoples health and lives and its sickening"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 6, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "Hydrocodone is a pain medication that need to be prescribed more of than not. It can be addicting but anything that relieves of pain is addicting. A mile run everyday can get addicting, drinking, working, anything. Hydrocodone not only relieves you of the physical pain it can also relieve the patient of mental distress. It has helped me tremendously and without this medication I don't think I could have gone through the tough times with my disease. The mental pain control is good with this medication. The FDA instead of trying to tamper with dosages instead should have board of doctors that actually had life threatening diseases take this medication and research on this appropriately. As with all things if you actually walk the walk, things get into a different perspective. I believe the ones that are making decisions on pain killers are ones that have gone through consistent pain - not just book smart people."

GrinAudio10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2019

For Back Pain: "No longer getting pain relief. I'm 70 years old no problems controlling my pain UNTIL recent drug company changes. My Pain level is much higher with the same dosage. Have 2 degenerative discs in upper & lower back, fractured vertebrae mid-back inoperable due to Osteoporosis. I was taking 10-325 twice daily for 6 years that worked well with periodic spinal injections I was functional with minimal discomfort. Now my pain level is thru the roof on the same dosage. PCP had to add Nexium & Probiotic because I'm having stomach problems with this new formula Expected to be made comfortable in my dotage & was managing that VERY WELL ..Now I'm in excruciating pain again & have additional problems to boot. Seniors need the government to step in IMHO"

retired01 March 2, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I have had Fibromyalgia and RA as well as depression anxiety, low vit D levels, migraines, and chronic fatigue syndrome. My doctor asked if I wanted 10/325 Norco or 5 mg Percocet. The Norco worked better and was less sedating and itchy. I know from the dentist I need 10-20mg Percocet. Norco keeps me awake, functioning ( out of bed, I’m disabled ) but let’s me get up and move around also less addictive. I also take Cymbalta, Topimax, xanax, lunesta, adderall, Norco, Soma, etc."

ChrisT (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2019

For Pain: "I have Fibromyalgia flare-up pain and migraines. Since I keep seeing reviews suggesting that there must be a significant difference between the generic versions of the same medications, I felt like I might be able to add a bit of insight from not only personal experience but a pretty decent knowledge of pharmaceuticals. There should not be any difference whatsoever between the same dosage of meds from one generic version to another, and I truly do not believe that there is any difference. In general, hydrocodone is pretty effective for me, unless we're talking about kidney stones or something equally intense. Taking it on an empty stomach will definitely increase the strength, but may cause stomach upset for some people."

Ash (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2019

For Pain: "I have tried a lot of brands of different pain meds for my migraines. Both hydrocodone and oxycodone. There are so many fake medications going around. Not just opiates, heart medication, diabetic meds, blood clot meds...etc. etc. Currently I am getting the A 40 10/325 made by KVK. They are a hit and miss. Some pills will work and others won't..and they are the same pills in the same prescription bottle received from the pharmacy! They even dissolve differently. Some wont melt if you have to hold them in your mouth a second to get a drink...others will melt into a foamy/chalky substance almost instantly! These pharmacies are being allowed to buy from other countries that are not regulated nor have clean working conditions. They sell medicine for dirt cheap and most meds are fake and either have less than active ingredient or none of it. Even worse they are allowed to put any fillers or binders they want in it and OUR PHARMACEUTICALS ARE BUYING THEM TO SAVE MONEY AND COSTING PEOPLE THEIR LIVES!!!"

Half Pint February 28, 2019

For Back Pain: "The real truth! They're messing with your pain pills America! Pain pills are completely different than what they used to be. They're changing them to prevent abuse. In turn now they're not working. Every brand is doing it. This is why you can't find relief anywhere. They're punishing you people with real pain issues because of abusers actions. Which should be completely illegal. I guarantee anybody with more power than me could have these things inspected, and probably could win in a court setting. Someone with more power than me needs to stand up for us people with real pain issues. Facts!"

BoraBora February 27, 2019

For Back Pain: "Just picked up my script for generic Norco. Pharmacy filled it with the M366 (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals brand), I’ve been trying to figure out why these pain meds aren’t controlling my pain. Spinal fusion, degenerative disc disease, spurs on my disc etc. after reading all the reviews I now know why it’s not working! It’s trash! I took a pill 2 hours ago and still waiting for pain relief! Ugh!"

Leigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2019

For Pain: "I truly believe the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies are working together to make our hydrocodone pills less effective. I have been taking two 10/325 hydrocodone pills per day for the last several years since I have psoriatic arthritis. At first I was able to get the yellow Par pills and they worked really great! When I moved to FL, I could only get the Watson brand and they worked pretty well. In Sept 2018 Walgreens switched to TRIS and they are horrible. Then I tried the Mallinckrodt from WalMart and they're worthless. Then 3 months ago I tried Aurobindo from Costco and found then to work pretty well. However, I picked up my latest prescription on Thursday and they must have changed the ingredients as now they offer no pain relief at all. I agree with the folks who have written that we need to complain to the FDA concerning the quality of the hydrocodone pills we are receiving. This is extremely upsetting that there isn't one single brand available to help with our pain!"

mbeau4262 February 24, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I had cancer and an auto immune disorder which ended with several surgeries and resulted in a lot of generalized pain. My doc prescribed Norco 5/325 three times a day then had to double the dose. Mallinkrot was pharm manufacturer. This medicine absolutely did nothing for pain and actually caused other issues such as GI problems including abdominal cramps and nausea. After switching to another brand my pain was relieved significantly and no abdominal issues. As a medical professional I do not recommend this manufacturer EVER."

Jk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2019

For Back Pain: "I have been hydrocodone 10/325 two four times a day for 10 years. 3 lumbar and 2 cervical neck surgeries 4 recently. Yet still more issues could it fix. I have never abused my pain medication. Never paid attention to supplier. Dr. Told me big problem in U.S. This month CVS gave me Lupin pharmaceuticals Indian base company. I have been itching like crazy but worse these pain meds don't work. I just took myself off fentanyl patch but I can't handle this. Call Dr. Today figure out what to do. I am 63 totally disabled. This medication is a tier 3 expensive on Medicare complete. TIP I called Atnea went through pre- certification department and qualified to reduce to tier one which is now 0 co-pay along with another medication. Thank you Atnea for being honest and helpful since I have a lot meds to buy. Is anyone experiencing the same thing with this brand pain meds. Only been around since 2017."

Red February 15, 2019

For Pain: "This medicine is the worst I've never felt so sick in my life. My dentist prescribed this for my wisdom tooth extraction and I almost threw up my whole life!!! I don't know why they even give this to anyone period and yes I did eat before talking it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have charted every acetaminophen/hydrocodone I have taken for the last five years. The relief has always been consistent until the last year when results seemed to vary. I never gave the supplier any notice because the results were consistent and spectacular for my pain relief. I thought I may have been imagining more recent poor results and after reading other patient reactions in these comments I now suspect my current supplier of quality control issues. I have been using medication made by Aurobindo ( UO3 ). My current pharmacy could not supply another brand so I went to another and got a medication made by Lupin Limited ( n 358 10 ). Just started today but I can't find and comments about this company either good or bad. Hoping it works better than what I have been using. Would like to hear any other feedback."

Mort Lincoln (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I take half a pill when I start to feel my legs twitching...around 10 pm...sleep like a baby."

Jaydee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2019

For Pain: "Like everyone else I was on Watson brand till they sold out. Mallinckrodt is now what every major pharmacy has in our town of 200000, Walmart,cvs,heb to name a few. First of all if you call trying to find another brand they treat you like a drug addict. I'm 70 years old , retired teacher. What is this country coming to when you can't buy a pain reliever that works but you can get all the marijuana you need? The manufacturer of this Mallinckrodt should be investigated. No one in the government seems to care. Big surprise!! I have a prescription for brand name only--guess what ? The pharmacy won't even order the brand name. I still don't understand that, so you can't order brand name. Someone answer that one."

skeeter (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 7, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I was taking actavis norco 10/325 for years and as you all stated no one carries them anymore. The Mallinckrodt makes me so sick that I did research Par pharmaceuticals the yellow ones is wholesaled by AmerisourceBergen and AmerisourceBergens largest contract is with Walgreens and Riteaid. I called around and Par told me you are with AmerisourceBergen and that you can order par. The 24 hour locations can try but they are mostly stocked fully with Mallinckrodt and can’t order past a certain threshold. Call the locations that are open to 9pm. BOTH of the non 24 hour Walgreens were able to go in their system pull up Par yellow norco and order them. They also notated my file that I have a bad reaction on Mallinkcrodt and can only be filled actavis (which is still made I called them as well) or Par. Hope this helps."

Jazz (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2019

For Back Pain: "Thank goodness we are in Mexico and I get hydrocodone manufactured by Watson. It cost me a pretty penny but at least I get relief"

Moss January 22, 2019

For Back Pain: "I have been on Hydrocodone 10/325 for a couple of years due to back pain and now the need for hip replacement. About two weeks ago my wife and I switched our meds to a local Costco. My Hydrocodone was filled on the 10th of January and I began using it. The manufacturer that I had been on was from Actavis but Costco uses Aurobindo. I have noticed almost NO PAIN RELIEF from this manufacturer's brand of Hydrocodone. Further, I have had extreme sensitivity to light. After reading all of these other reports, I am convinced that Aurobindo, who now has purchased Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is producing and selling sub-par meds and will continue to do so until a recall is issued."

Tarheel In Utah (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2019

For Back Pain: "This brand is worthless. Caused vomiting and no pain relief. I’ve been taking hydrocodone’s for 29 years and I had so many different generic brands and never had an issue with any of them but this one. I wouldn’t wish this brand on my worst enemy. Walgreens and CVS has really screwed up by carrying this brand only..."

Rg (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019