User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Margesic H, Maxidone, Norco, Panacet, Stagesic, T-Gesic, Theracodophen Low 90, Vanacet, Verdrocet, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Xodol, Zamicet, Zolvit, Zydone, Zyfrel …show all brand names

Cough

Rheumatoid Arthritis
7.7

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 7.9 751 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Back Pain: "I have taken these for 60 days after using another brand for 4 years. The quality of the Novel labs is spotty at best. My experience with them has been a disaster. They crumble, dissolve before you can swallow them and they wear off inconsistently. One might work for 6 hours, the next one barely 3. This is a real problem if you've been on long term pain management as it will cause you to experience withdrawal symptoms. I was being scheduled for an MRI and heart monitor test, until I ran out, was given a different brand for the subsequent prescription and my symptoms disappeared. I read they've been cited by the FDA twice already for quality control issues even though they've been on the market in the US less than a year. You can crush one with two fingers, and that is dangerous."

Granny (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Pain: "Doesn't help with cancer pain"

Jennycat (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I had surgery and was prescribed this for pain. It did absolutely nothing for the pain but it did cause me anxiety and put me in a bad mood. After reading other reviews, Doctors shouldn't be prescribing this "do nothing" drug that actually makes you feel worse, not better."

Lola (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "If you like to feel nauseated with zero pain relief, this drug is for you. It is THE WORST."

Maverick (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was born with a gene called hlab27+ . I have arthritis and consecutive tissue disorder. As a child I tried to play but got tired and too painful to stay up for long periods of time. I stayed in bed a lot. I tried to ride bikes with my friends as a teen but struggled. Until a Dr put me on pain meds in my 40s that I felt relief for the first time. Now the medical field is trying to reverse back. They need to hear the other side of the people that have been helped. It is not our fault if people are misusing their medication. I really do not believe this is the cause of the epidemic. Drunk drivers are caused by drinking too much and driving. If you don't over drink and you don't drive while drinking then there's no issue. Same thing here. I truly had no life before this pain medicine"

Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2018

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I had been on Vicodin off and on for the last twelve years until recently. My doctor will no longer prescribe this for me because of all the addiction news that is going on with the government. I have had 2 spinal fusions in the past 15 years and never abused the drug nor had any addiction problems. It is the only medicine that helped my pain. I have not found anything to replace it. I now take 4 Motrin at a time along with a herbal supplement called Kratom. This lessens the pain somewhat but am still in severe pain at times. I had no noticeable side effects from the Vicodin."

SueW (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2018

For Pain: "I was prescribed this for pain management. I had sudden onset severe tooth pain and went to two different dentists to try and get one of my wisdom teeth pulled. Neither would do it and the best I could get was an appointment to see an oral surgeon in 12 days. I have never taken or been prescribed a narcotic before so was a little worried. My current pain level I would describe as a 9. The only thing I have experienced that hurt worse than this was a dislocated shoulder. The Dr. Prescribed 5/325 hydorcodone/acetaminophen and this is barely touching my pain. I'm taking a lot of ibuprofen and naproxen as the narcotic had absolutely zero effect. Going on my second night of not being able to sleep due to pain now. This stuff is complete rubbish."

Buck (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It’s just like taking Tylenol. Very weak. I have to supplement with ibuprofen"

Lovin (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "This is not the same as lortab it's so fake. The doctors say that the drug companies have taken out some of the acetaminophen and changed the name. Doctors can't doctor when the government is telling them how to do it."

TRut April 29, 2018

For Back Pain: "Works great at first but has a short shelf life. Otherwise, effects wear off soon."

Coach man (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Pain: "Would like to know if pharmaceutical companies are giving out fake Vicodin the White Watson 853. I have chronic pain all times and now the pills I have been getting are not working at all. I Really think there are people that are pressing for you or the pharmacist someone is messing with people lives . Let me know please thank you"

Giggles April 16, 2018

For Back Pain: "I'm 74 had back surgeries, I've 5 years and my back hurts worse now than ever. Dr prescribed hydrocodone /acetaminophen 10 /325 got the yellow pills with a V on them and they eased the pain enough to function ok for 3 years. Yesterday CVS gave me white chalky and too soft pills made by LUPIN. Worst quality I've ever seen and does not help my pain at all. Can't believe CVS would treat their customers that bad ! Will not buy anything there again neither will my family."

BOB (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2018

For Back Pain: "I'm 61 and have been dealing with chronic back pain since 2009 . And I have taking ibuprofen, Advil and Tylenol to see if it will help with the pain. I had to stop that in fear of what it would do to my body. Because I had to take too many with no success. So so I knew I could not keep taking all them pills with the fear of what it will do to my liver. I cannot do things like going for a walk, working around the house or even taking a shower without the pain flaring up. And the Acetaminophen /Hydrocodone dose not help like I thought. Not sure if it's the Brand or the 7.5 mg that they have me on. But it only works for about half hour and that's only if I'm not up and moving around . I can't even go the store with out getting a cart to lean on while I'm grocery shopping. Can't be on my feet but for a short time before my back starts to hurt."

Mountain Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

For Pain: "I have taken Hydrocodone 10-325 by Watson but M637. I had hip replacement and was prescribed 853 on discharge. It took longer to provide relief, maybe an hour, but did provide the relief needed. Gave me a slight headache right at the beginning of taking it right in the forehead/eyes but was short lived"

NCNana (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Pain: "I had been on a white pill with red flecks #3604, V on other side for 9 years. It worked well with no noticeable side effects. I was able to be comfortable. Usually I only needed half a pill. Never a euphoric feeling media talks about. Now all local pharmacies carry other pills. I have tried two types (white G 035 and white 2172). I can't take either of them. 2172 doesn't work and bad side effects, almost everyone carries that pill now. G035 no good either. I was told they are all the same medicine by a pharmacy but they definitely are not. Pills should not be interchanged just because they are all on the generic list. The inactive ingredients are important too. Really unhappy my life is back to just making it through. Aren't there any government agency that rates effectiveness of the medications being distributed? I obviously don't have a choice. I would chose the white and red fleck pill #3604, which I was told is not manufactured anymore."

gettingby (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "After I had a tooth extracted my jaw swelled up and I was in considerable pain. My dentist prescribed the Norco 5/325 pill. At first I decided to try aspirin because I didn't want to get involved with an opioid. The aspirin helped a great deal but I was taking a whooping dose which put me at risk for internal bleeding as well as putting stress on my kidneys. So I tried the Norco pill. Absolutely no effect. This pill is a fake. I went back to the aspirin and the relief was almost immediate."

William (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Broke my wrist & painful contusions to chest and back. Dr. gave me script for Norco which sort of helped a few years ago. Instead of Watson , I was given Norco by McNeal. Absolutely did not help with pain in wrist break or contusion pain. Sensitive to opioids & usually get severe migraine from Norco. But not this time - nothing happened at all. Felt like I was taking plain Tylenol. I suffered for 10 days 24/7 waiting for some little relief which never came !"

Shadow (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was in a head on collision with a cattle truck when I was 30 years old. I'm 66 now. I since have had six joint replacements and multiple other surgeries to repair multiple fractures in both femurs and other bones. I have used vicotin 7.5/325 for 30 years and found that it is extremely helpful. It does not interfere with my productivity, concentration, agility, or other impairment. I'm horrified to have it taken away after responsible long term use."

grif (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "Taking this solidly about 5 yrs now. PEOPLE PLEASE; If you take anything...there is a risk to become addicted. How many are you drink sodas, eat junk food or diet sodas daily? All can hurt you, possibly kill you. If you have real pain, this works. Be responsible and take what is prescribed. If your body is getting use to the dose, tell your doctor. Don't take more. Sometimes taking this can cause rebound headaches. Will cause constipation. Can make your skin dry. This medicine does not make me drowsy or slows my heart rate. It could for you. Be safe. Live well."

Hanna B (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2018

For Pain: "I used to take medicine for my pain due to bulging disc that caused pain due to it pressing against my sciatic nerve. I took two Watson’s of 5mg a day and it helped the pain. I haven’t taken them for a long time since I got a cortisone shot in my back which helped the pain to prevent me from needing Norco. I recently injured myself and the doctor prescribed it but this was not Watson and has no effect on my pain. Pharmacy gives me no information and says it’s the same but it’s not. My tolerance would be decreased since I haven’t needed them for months. Anyone else feel the same? Are there places to complain or check into what is legal? Then scrolling down to the bottom to submit this, it asks me if my insurance covered it and how much the co-pay was! That seems odd. It feels like a political thing or maybe people were getting addicted to pain pills that people who really do have medical needs can no longer get help?!?!"

WeRSuckers (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2018

For Cough: "I rarely use Norco. My prescription is about 5 years out of date. I found out a few years ago that the Norco worked great when I had a terrible cough. Worked much better than anything prescription or over the counter cough meds I'd taken in the past. Told this to one of my doctors and really got the stink-eye. Just don't really like the side effects of hydrocodone... But way better than suffering a hacking cough!"

Bill February 24, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was given a prescription for Norco 7.5mg after I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed. One was not erupted and I also had to have a bone graft on my left side. The Norco helped somewhat but I also took Ibuprofen 800mg with it for breakthrough pain. That really helped a lot."

TyAustin February 24, 2018

For Back Pain: "I spent 30 years with the same doctor in Oklahoma. When I moved to Texas, I was farmed out to Pain Management where I was given Norco. Two years later, I have taken myself off of it because I no longer want to be part of a system that treats me like I am on parole. My insurance will pay for 13 drug tests if its in network. There are 10 pages of labs but 2 clinics could care less and would prefer I pay $150. each month probably because that’s how they are doubling their money. I am surprised they did not require I live in some lab so I can be studied while on their precious ineffective Norco. Everyone just spend your money on CBD oil. It is a hard road taking Norco three times a day for two years. Luckily I didn’t have a stroke."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2018

For Back Pain: "been off and on with them for years so they're losing their effectiveness on me."

deedee (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2018

For Back Pain: "The lupin brand hydrocodone has nothing for my pain and I have been sick to my stomach and exhausted and almost like I'm having withdrawals. The hydrocodone with the v on it always worked well."

Riding in pain February 17, 2018