User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 34 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough 19 reviews 789 medications

Pain 449 reviews 1119 medications

7.9
Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 674 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I'm a 54 yo woman with chronic back leg and arm pain due to degenerative disc disease. My whole lumbar is fused. 3 herniated discs in the thoracic and 5 now in the cervical that need repair. I rely on Norco just to be able to get out of bed sometimes and to do chores like cut the grass. One of the best I've taken, Only thing I've noticed is I don't sleep when I take it. I just rest. I'm now lost as the laws are changing and my surgeon cannot give me scripts due to being post surgical a year. Family Dr doesn't issue narcotics at all, so I ended up at a high priced pain clinic that will only prescribe 5/325 2x a day! what a joke....... those of us that need it can't get it ."

kamdebbi April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Have a rib contusion and a fractured rib. Nausea and slow thinking result from this drug combination. Pain is intense -- worst ever, no relief "

dogwalker011 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "Worked great for pain, but beware of tolerance. Taking four to six hours or longer seems impossible at times but it will give you the most relief. I have been taking four daily of yellow 3601 ( best generic norco from HEB if you ask me they are extended release as oppose to the rubbish white ones you find elsewhere) and I don't seem to get as much relief now days, one 10 mg will last approx two hours. Hard to get your doctor to understand but I am thankful for having something to help. Works great with two methocarbamol 750 or gabapentin. Have tried many prescriptions for my three herniated discs, sciatica, arthritis/ pelvis pain and these three have given me the best relief."

SirPain24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "This medication has gave me my quality of life back. I have fibromyalgia and was diagnosed at 23yrs old. I started out with 5/325mg 3x a day and 4 yrs later am on 10/325 mg 4x a day. Be careful because this medication is habit forming but in combo with gabapentin and cymbalta, it works for me. By the way, I read someones comment about lortab being the same as Norco, and they are not identical. The difference is the mg of (tylenol). Hope this was helpful."

Tking018 April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I am a recovering opiate addict (2 yrs 4 mos). The dentist prescribed Norco 5/325 after a terrible root canal. It scared me. The thought of relapse is something that I've fought hard to avoid. So my husband filled the script, we said a prayer and he was in charge of dosing and hiding the pills. It worked. No traditional opioid high or weird effects. Just pain relief. I have noticed a bit of a rash on my chest and arms, but it doesn't itch and isn't raised. I can't say that you should take this if you have a history of addiction. You'll have to decide what kind of place you are in and if you have someone to monitor your pills. I can only speak for my experience. Best of luck everyone."

Luqicharmz (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Patient has been taking this for ongoing pain conditions and Dr. Is requiring a change in pain medicine to non narcotic. Approach of behavioral modification including physical therapy along with counselling has been recommended at this time."

Vicodinuser (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I have Psoriasis/psoriatic Arthritis with back surgery and implants. Percocet combined with several other drugs to form I guess a narcotic cocktail has given me several years of life I otherwise would not have had what less be able to enjoy. I do have some side effects but they are manageable and worth dealing with. My worse side effects are the drugs have caused my stool to become dry and hard to pass however with the addition of Miralax that problem has been completely resolved there are others but nothing that would make me even consider stopping or even reducing the meds. My personal opinion is take them responsibly don't change doctors or pharmacies take them exactly as directed even if you dont think you need one at that time don't stop therapeutic dosages as I have learned this lesson the hard way."

Jsam50 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain: "Works good! But why are some peach colored and some white?"

OLD Joe T April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain. This drug has given me my life back it works well for me and still allows me to function and care for my family. I was prescribed 10/325 three times a day and it does the trick. Soon I will see a pain management doctor and I'm not sure what he'll prescribe but we shall see."

Endochick April 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "In my travels, I keep a couple of combo acetymenophin/codeine derivative pills available, in the case of either diarrhea or sleepnessness. I use it very sparingly and never combine it with alcoholic drinks. Quite satisfactory--worth toting around. Long shelf life, apparently."

homebuilder (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "The new round 5/325 U01 hydrocodone pills by Aurolife Pharma is different. I don't know what they added or subtracted, but I have been on 10mg for 10+yrs and I got these today; I have never been so drugged up in my life. I slept for 6 hrs during the day. I believe this may be their way of combating drug abusers, but they forget not everyone is a abuser. I get my medicine from a pain clinic.Be careful if you take these."

Tardis1025 (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I broke them in half and they relieved my pain very effectively. No adverse effects."

Lemonlover (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Doesn't do anything. No nausea, drowsiness or relief. Used to take Vicodin worked much better."

Arthriticmama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was prescribed Norco 5/325 to manage post-operative pain from a tooth extraction. The first time I took it, I took one pill became really nauseous and didn't feel any pain relief. The second time I took 2 pills. I didn't develop nausea, which was good, but I also didn't experience any pain relief or drowsiness. It was like I hadn't taken anything at all."

Willowfish February 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain: "After more than 5 years of taking 5/325s I have just 'graduated' to 7.5/325s. I have spinal stenosis that can at times be tremendously painful. I have horses to feed twice and day and the same for the horses. With the 7.5s I can do the chores outside and come back in and help the wife do chores in the house. It's not a 'cure all' If I push too hard it still hurts, but it does usually take enough of the edge off to let me do what I have to do, and most of the time enjoy it. I'm 69 diabetic and not really worried about addiction. I was told by a surgeon that recovery time would be nearly a year with the first month spent cursing his name, again, 69 year old diabetic."

Pathfinder306 February 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I used to be on Norco 10,for a long time they were fine I never had a problem with them no side effects at all, recently dr. Changed me to Norco 7.5, and they're terrible even though the pharmacist the doctor say they are the same ingredients ( except that 7.5 has less )they are very different 7.5are horrible they make my eyelids swell up and I can hardly see out of one eye then make me feel very sick and Ill and I also have very bad stomach pain and pain in my chest also this is horrible do not like 7.5 at all might as well not take anything Norco 7.5 are very very horrible there definitely is something in Norco 7.5 that is not in the Norco 10 so why are they hiding it from us seems like they're trying to kill.me"

Sndr (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I broke my upper arm and was given 5-325 for pain. It was very effective with no noticeable side effects. I slept really well, too, even in the sling."

Grace S January 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "This medication was given to me for complete knee replacementpain. It gave me no relief from the pain, so little relief I can't even say, my therapy session would put me through the roof whether I took this med 15 mins. before or 1 hour before . It's been a horrendous experience and I will never go thru this again, even though I need a 2nd one done. I had in home therapy and the pain was horrendous all the time, these are more like sugar pills and the drs. won't give stronger because they think you'll get addicted."

gnaufa January 30, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain: "Was started on Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 5-325 a couple weeks ago for chronic lower back pain. The first few days it worked on, about a 40% reduction in pain. After those few days the pain relief started going down. I was prescribed to take 2 pills at night as I was waking up constantly in pain. Now when I take them I get maybe a 10-15% reduction in pain. Not working well at all. It's a shame, I was looking forward to some consistent pain relief."

Jwright7784 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking the Watson brand for over ten years and it helped me tremendously with my RA pain. Now I am having to resort to this pill bc NO PHARMACY will order the Watson brand! Why is this? Does any one know bc this pill does not touch the pain like the Watson brand. I hope I am not the only one that thinks this pill doesn't work as well... Is it the chemical make-up bc I was told generic is just the same... To me it's not! One pharmacy does carry the Watson brand but does not take my insurance so I have to pay full price! In my opinion this is why we have these pills being sold on the streets bc people who actually needs them cannot get them in pharmacies! Any one have an opinion on this?"

Any opinions? January 25, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Works better than 5MG Oxycodone. I do not feel that the 5/325 Norco works at all but the 10/325 does help. Some people can & will get an upset stomach when taking it. All you have to do is ask for some nausea medication to go with it. I think it is a bit rediculous that it is so hard to get, especially when you ARE in extreme pain. I honestly feel that it helps with my fibromyalgia pain as well, not fully but it does help."

Lizrd January 13, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "This was given to me after a very invasive surgery to help with pain. It was a very scary surgery. I found the med totally ineffective in helping w/my pain."

Tidal wave (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain: "I have had sciatica nerve pain for over a year. The depart of labor has not been very coperative with my doctors. My sciatic nerve pain as well as lower back pain has gotten worse month by month, this is due to a fall at work, the 5-325 only seems to work when used with muscle relaxers as well as pain medication for anti-inflammation/pain. I wake up daily with pain, after taking the pain meds I can function thoughout the day. But taking 5-325 by itself does nothing to control the pain. I have to take all three at once twice a day. When I'm physically active (doing dishes, sweeping, or preparing food), my pain increases 3x for the next 2 days. I have to take all 3 meds at least 3 times a day. Plz dept of labor approve the surgery. Thx"

Ybarra58 - BEAST 625 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I suffer from chronic pain and take a extended longer acting opiate pain med (methadone 10mg). However I had a dental abscess on the 23rd and was rxd hydrocodone/acet 10-325 in the emergency room and it worked wonderful. The methadone works well for chronic everyday pain but when a sharp,acute, pain such as a toothache ,earache or any kind of acute pain the norco (hydrocodone 10/325) knocks the edge right off of it. No tiredness,grogginess, just fast pain relief. I was also rxd Hydrocodone 7.5/650 (Vicodin ES) a long time ago and I remember it worked well then too."

sopranofan (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydrocet (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "Fell on wet floor had on surgery, was not successful, struggled for year got worse went in for 3 more on the same disc area, then went back to work ended up hurting it again having surgery 2 more times, then in 2008 was in bad car wreck and had to have a fusion done and the specialist Determined it was failed back syndrome"

Danny's December 20, 2016