User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Margesic H, Maxidone, Norco, Panacet, Stagesic, T-Gesic, Theracodophen Low 90, Vanacet, Verdrocet, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Xodol, Zamicet, Zolvit, Zydone, Zyfrel …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough

Pain
7.9

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 8.2 708 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Pain: "I take two to three 325mg-5mg tablets daily for chronic unexplained muscular/skeletal pain throughout my body. (5-years now) At this dose the pain is still present but somewhat tolerable. This is the help that I was looking for when I first started being treated by a pain management doctor. This low dose allows me to function in daily life without being too mentally "off" and I do not have any serious side effects. Other meds have been tried but had more side effects and did nothing for the pain."

Daddyman December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "These pills are a joke! They don't work at all! How they can call these pain pills a pain medication. I'll never know!"

PumpkinBill (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "So an MRI showed I have arthritis in the spine, spinal stenosis and a bulging disk L5-S1 pushing against my spinal cord. Been having chronic back pain for many many years, and now I know why. Doctors put me on Norco 5-325 along with muscle relaxers and other meds. The hydrocodone does allow me to live a somewhat normal life now but I don't wanna be on these opioids forever but if it allows me to be pain free then so be it"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Works great!! I just had all my teeth pulled.Doesn't make me drowsy!! Just takes the pain away!!"

Red777 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I have degenerative disc disease, bulging disc, and arthritis in my back and neck. And used Norco yellow pill, recently 2 months ago Kaiser changed Manufacture to Mallink and I am having horrible side effects and new unusual pain ( like I'm withdrawing or tapering off & I'm taking same dosage) I'm also extremely tired & fatigue, which I've never experienced. I was in denial it was the change of manufacture, but now I'm convinced it's the Mallink brand. Prior with the yellow pill my pain decreased significantly and able to work and do normal activities. Now I'm exhausted, in severe pain, and having stomach upset. Why is a change in manufacture causing this. Is something wrong with Mallink manufacture?"

Desperate for Pain Relief November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "The 10 mg generic Norco works for me for about an hour and a half. Since I had my gastric bypass surgery , pain medication seems to not help my pain as well as they use to and most definitely, not near as long. I have only taken Norco, Percocet and oxycodone, which I found the oxycodone not only relieves my pain better, it seems to help the pain a bit longer than the others I have tried"

HelpIhurttoo (taken for 10 years or more) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Really helps but I can't afford the infusions and now the laws are really bad in Ohio."

Oma6537 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "Takes some pain away so I can get around. I have a bulging disk and recently had foot surgery"

Tpjo November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've been taking Vicodin or something like it for years. First for migraine headache and occasional back pain. Total of maybe 30 pills a year. My most pressing need were bouts with cellulitis. If I were to describe the pain, think placing you leg in a bucket of scalding water up to the knee. I took it round the clock for a few weeks. I now take it for chronic knee and hip pain. The dosage is 5 mg 3 times a day as needed. I rarely ever take 3 doses. Most days maybe 1 or 2 and if the pain is manageable, I don't use it at all. I'm averaging 60 pills every 4 months. The talk of addiction precludes me from taking it when I (or even my wife) feel I should. I've never felt high or drugged. The only side effect I see is less pain."

Stubear (taken for 10 years or more) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was prescribed this after wisdom removal. It makes me nauseous so I also take zofran which fixes that. It also makes me extremely tired but it takes most of the pain away. Not all of it, but it definitely helps me function a little better"

Walnutt October 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I've been dealing with chronic low back pain for about 3 years now due to 3 herniated discs and spinal stenosis. My doctor has me on Norco 10/325 along with other medications. Thanks to this medication I have a better quality of life and am able to continue working and going to school. The only down side to this medication is the brand differences. I've noticed some brands work better than others. For me the White Watson 853 are complete junk. The brand I feel that works best is Mallinckrodt M367 (which is the same brand the hospital uses) or the Yellow 3601 V pills."

tonye320 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "It does the job of pacifying my gout and arthritis pain well. It does however come with the traditional side effects; you build up a tolerance, it can make it hard to focus, it will make you sleepy, and once you come off it you will likely have withdrawal for 3-5 days and it will cost you sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This was a very effective medicine for chronic pain / nerve damage and peripheral neuropathy. Kaiser has now chosen to use M367's; which have a binder on it that is not soluable in the intestinal tract and causes stomach upset and NO effect of the supposed narcotic contained. The binder prevents absorption, which in effect means, you are spending money on poop. Shame on Kaiser for punishing those who do not abuse the real Vicodins / Norco 10/325' and shame on the Fed's who lump ALL people who take vicodin into an abuser category."

Hate Kaiser October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I started having mild ankle pain about two years ago that increased to severe pain now. Doctor's still can't figure out what's wrong with me or what is causing the pain. Is it my back or my actual ankle? I have been put on many pain medications which haven't worked till now. I am currently taking Norco 7.5 along with Gabapentin 300 mg 3 times a day and I am able to function. At first, I was scared because I didn't want to become addicted but, when you can't function at all due to the severe pain, you put all those fears aside and you go for it. At first you do feel a little high with the med but, your body become adjusted to it and you begin to feel normal and with less, LESS pain. Take your meds as directed & follow up with your MD."

MusicIsMyMiddleName October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Terrible choice! Was prescribed this after wisdom teeth removal surgery and had the most unpleasant side effect experience after taking only 1 pill. It did manage to stop the pain to be fair but it gave me 4 hours' nausea, dizziness, and vomiting. Had I known I would experience such severe side effect I would rather just deal with the pain."

XW (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "They relieve my lower back pain and allow me to walk and sleep, couldn't do either without them! I use 3 daily 7.25-325 mg. My doctor transferred to a hospital and my new Chinese doctor told me he is deathly afraid of arrest by the DEA for writing narcotic Rx's scripts, he no longer writes any, but sends all, including me to a "Pain Clinic" that costs me $40.00 a visit for a specialist co-pay to pick up a script, a $480 year waste! Other doctors quit writing scripts because of increased pressure from the law and DEA agents also. How unfair is that to seniors? And who cares?"

the real Rander September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I have taken 10/325 Norco for severe neck and spine injuries for over seven years. FIRST, it was the Yellow oblong pill. Next, it was the White oblong pill. NOW, it's Oval. I have experienced WAY more pain than usual since starting this almost a month ago. I have Headaches, my ears are Ringing, I am nauseous. I looked that pill up online, and saw it was a Hydrocodone 5/500, NOT a 10/325. Can they DO That, legally? I realize there's a drug epidemic, but some of us DO need the medication. Surgery is NOT an option for me."

Anonymous September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Delays male orgasm significantly almost to the point of not being able to finish."

Roberttry (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Taken for severe pain due to chest wall bruising resulting from a bicycle accident."

glboy September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Taken as prescribed this with other prescription & over the counter meds allow me to function as well as I'll ever be able to. All pain is not removed but is lowered to point that I'm able to buck up do most of what is necessary. I have been on some type prescribed opioid almost 20 years , liver function is checked regularly, as well as for any other signs of abuse, and there has been no problems. I take for pain from 4 low back surgeries, that resulted in rsd, 'failed back surgery syndrome'. Taken as meant to be there should only be a lowering of pain, I've never experienced a 'high' from taking my pain meds."

dokshep5461 (taken for 10 years or more) September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I got this after I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I was still in pain after taking it. It didn't do much."

mikkee (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This particular pill seems much more effective. It eases the pain faster and seems as if it lasts a bit longer than others."

Girl w sciatica (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough: "I had a bad cold with sore throat and annoying cough. I was waking up coughing and miserable. After taking Norco 5 mg with acetaminophen 325 mg. I no longer had the sore throat or the cough. I could rest comfortably. I continued to take the Norco until I felt better. The Norco made a huge difference. I do not see why anyone needs to suffer when there is a solution for a short term issue."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "The m-series or Walmart brand are just not good for pain management. Please bring back lorcet and lortab"

Chiggers (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This medication works wonders with no side effects for me, takes away pain and may seem to give a bit of energy probably due to not being in pain, anyone who blames their heroin addiction on pain meds are just full of it. It's their choice whether they want to do that or not, I've been on norco on and off for years and if anyone offered me 100 million to try heroin I would never do it because look where you end up ( dead most of the time ) If you take hydrocodone as prescribed you will be fine and just ease your way off on your last ones and break them in half. Why they would want to even think about getting rid of a medicine that actually helps is beyond me. I put up with severe pain because of doctors today cause of the addicts, It's sad."

Jason734 August 24, 2017