User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 34 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough 19 reviews 788 medications

Pain 439 reviews 1105 medications

7.9
Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 662 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Doesn't do anything. No nausea, drowsiness or relief. Used to take Vicodin worked much better."

Arthriticmama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was prescribed Norco 5/325 to manage post-operative pain from a tooth extraction. The first time I took it, I took one pill became really nauseous and didn't feel any pain relief. The second time I took 2 pills. I didn't develop nausea, which was good, but I also didn't experience any pain relief or drowsiness. It was like I hadn't taken anything at all."

Willowfish February 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "After more than 5 years of taking 5/325s I have just 'graduated' to 7.5/325s. I have spinal stenosis that can at times be tremendously painful. I have horses to feed twice and day and the same for the horses. With the 7.5s I can do the chores outside and come back in and help the wife do chores in the house. It's not a 'cure all' If I push too hard it still hurts, but it does usually take enough of the edge off to let me do what I have to do, and most of the time enjoy it. I'm 69 diabetic and not really worried about addiction. I was told by a surgeon that recovery time would be nearly a year with the first month spent cursing his name, again, 69 year old diabetic."

Pathfinder306 February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I used to be on Norco 10,for a long time they were fine I never had a problem with them no side effects at all, recently dr. Changed me to Norco 7.5, and they're terrible even though the pharmacist the doctor say they are the same ingredients ( except that 7.5 has less )they are very different 7.5are horrible they make my eyelids swell up and I can hardly see out of one eye then make me feel very sick and Ill and I also have very bad stomach pain and pain in my chest also this is horrible do not like 7.5 at all might as well not take anything Norco 7.5 are very very horrible there definitely is something in Norco 7.5 that is not in the Norco 10 so why are they hiding it from us seems like they're trying to kill.me"

Sndr (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I broke my upper arm and was given 5-325 for pain. It was very effective with no noticeable side effects. I slept really well, too, even in the sling."

Grace S January 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "This medication was given to me for complete knee replacementpain. It gave me no relief from the pain, so little relief I can't even say, my therapy session would put me through the roof whether I took this med 15 mins. before or 1 hour before . It's been a horrendous experience and I will never go thru this again, even though I need a 2nd one done. I had in home therapy and the pain was horrendous all the time, these are more like sugar pills and the drs. won't give stronger because they think you'll get addicted."

gnaufa January 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "Was started on Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 5-325 a couple weeks ago for chronic lower back pain. The first few days it worked on, about a 40% reduction in pain. After those few days the pain relief started going down. I was prescribed to take 2 pills at night as I was waking up constantly in pain. Now when I take them I get maybe a 10-15% reduction in pain. Not working well at all. It's a shame, I was looking forward to some consistent pain relief."

Jwright7784 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking the Watson brand for over ten years and it helped me tremendously with my RA pain. Now I am having to resort to this pill bc NO PHARMACY will order the Watson brand! Why is this? Does any one know bc this pill does not touch the pain like the Watson brand. I hope I am not the only one that thinks this pill doesn't work as well... Is it the chemical make-up bc I was told generic is just the same... To me it's not! One pharmacy does carry the Watson brand but does not take my insurance so I have to pay full price! In my opinion this is why we have these pills being sold on the streets bc people who actually needs them cannot get them in pharmacies! Any one have an opinion on this?"

Any opinions? January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Works better than 5MG Oxycodone. I do not feel that the 5/325 Norco works at all but the 10/325 does help. Some people can & will get an upset stomach when taking it. All you have to do is ask for some nausea medication to go with it. I think it is a bit rediculous that it is so hard to get, especially when you ARE in extreme pain. I honestly feel that it helps with my fibromyalgia pain as well, not fully but it does help."

Lizrd January 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "This was given to me after a very invasive surgery to help with pain. It was a very scary surgery. I found the med totally ineffective in helping w/my pain."

Tidal wave (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "I have had sciatica nerve pain for over a year. The depart of labor has not been very coperative with my doctors. My sciatic nerve pain as well as lower back pain has gotten worse month by month, this is due to a fall at work, the 5-325 only seems to work when used with muscle relaxers as well as pain medication for anti-inflammation/pain. I wake up daily with pain, after taking the pain meds I can function thoughout the day. But taking 5-325 by itself does nothing to control the pain. I have to take all three at once twice a day. When I'm physically active (doing dishes, sweeping, or preparing food), my pain increases 3x for the next 2 days. I have to take all 3 meds at least 3 times a day. Plz dept of labor approve the surgery. Thx"

Ybarra58 - BEAST 625 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I suffer from chronic pain and take a extended longer acting opiate pain med (methadone 10mg). However I had a dental abscess on the 23rd and was rxd hydrocodone/acet 10-325 in the emergency room and it worked wonderful. The methadone works well for chronic everyday pain but when a sharp,acute, pain such as a toothache ,earache or any kind of acute pain the norco (hydrocodone 10/325) knocks the edge right off of it. No tiredness,grogginess, just fast pain relief. I was also rxd Hydrocodone 7.5/650 (Vicodin ES) a long time ago and I remember it worked well then too."

sopranofan (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Hydrocet (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "Fell on wet floor had on surgery, was not successful, struggled for year got worse went in for 3 more on the same disc area, then went back to work ended up hurting it again having surgery 2 more times, then in 2008 was in bad car wreck and had to have a fusion done and the specialist Determined it was failed back syndrome"

Danny's December 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I suffer from chronic pain due to severe arthritis and stenosis in my lumbar spine. I take vicodin as needed to alleviate 'breakthrough' pain, i.e., occasional pain so great that my usual daily maintenance dose of Embeda ER (morphine/naltrexone) cannot relieve it. It works well, with the usual opioid side effects, hence a score of 8."

cbaker853 (taken for 10 years or more) December 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "They make me feel good and productive only use it when I have pain that won't go with the usual medication."

Faviolo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have severe arthritis I am now on Vicodin and the pain relief I get is outstanding"

Bobbytino November 26, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Broke my elbow. Did Nothing for pain. Took Ibuprofen. Worked better than that junk. Fortunately, it only cost $4."

broken elbow November 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "That stuff made me so sick I wanted to die. It was like a terminal case of the flu. And oxycontin made me itch so bad I scratched with a hairbrush. Guess I wouldn't be a very good addict. I have a magnetic belt I ordered from a catalog and it helps more than medication - perhaps it's the magnets but I suspect it's more a case of giving me more back support. Prescribed back braces were too big and heavy to wear so they're out. I think every person who ever suffered from REAL back pain would be overwhelmed with joy if there was just a magic wand that would take the pain away permanently."

Ann in Terlingua (taken for 10 years or more) November 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "I was prescribed hydrocodone 10/325 for about a year combined with a muscle relaxer for back pain. As the pain got more and more severe, this medication stopped working and I was moved to something stronger. Hydrocodone doesn't work long for chronic pain suffers, but it works good in the beginning."

Badbak (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I was on lortab 10/500 for 14 years from 2000 until 2014 after having 2 lower back surgeries for chronic pain it worked best for me with the least side effects in 2014 it's like no longer available I'm guessing in fl. Or the U.S now for 4 months I'm on hydrocodone 10/325 it is not effective at all for me I don't get any relief from it so I'm not as functional I'm in the bed more because of the pain and no relief from the 10/325. what happen to the Lortab 10/500 ?"

Alto2586 (taken for 10 years or more) November 8, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cough: "I have always had an uncontrollable cough when I got a cold. A few years ago, I got a bad cold and ended up in the emergency room because I couldn't get any sleep for days because of the coughing. Surprisingly, they gave me Vicodin. And it WORKED! I am 63 years old and I am so angry that I have suffered for years and years with a spastic cough. I could drink bottles of cough syrup and the only thing that would happen is that I would be loopy, but still coughing. I only take a Vicodin at night to sleep. I do not ever want to lose the calming effect by taking more than I need."

jake2016 November 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've got severe arthritis in my lumbar vertebrae and right hip. (I've got a hip replacement coming up) plus degenerative disc disease in lumbar discs too. Norco 5/325 allows me to walk a little more, play with my dog and get a few chores done. Norco doesn't take all the pain away but it does helps improve the quality of my life."

ChiweenieCaddi (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I think it was the dosage that was too low given to me"

Wildcigo (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I am only 18 years old. I have had two major hip surgeries that have been unsuccessful due to an underdeveloped right hip joint. My pain is awful. I am fine for 3 to 5 days without pain and on those days I don't take any pain killers. But on the days that my hip hurts I can't even walk on it and I need to use crutches to just get around. I am 18 and the doctor told me that this cycle may continue for years to come. He has prescribed 10-325mg norco for the pain plus 800mg of ibuprofen. The combination works very well. The larger dose of ibuprofen greatly reduces inflamation in area of pain so that the norco can relieve the pain. I highly recommend this combo for any one with sharp shooting pain coming from your back or hip and running down."

Zjejeis2jb October 29, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "I suffer from arthritic pain all over, fingers growing crooked, etc. Stiffness, pain, and severely limited movement are characteristic. I use (I think Watson) hydrocodone of 7.5/325 acetaminophen. It's a godsend. Allows me to work doing much of the work I did as a young man, although certainly not as fast, and of course, being 69, not as strong either. I usually take one in the morning, if needed one in the afternoon, then again a little before bedtime. I have never had to take more than 4 in one day, that only a few times. Have been using for about two years now, and it knocks the hell out of inflammation from this disease. I don't perceive any addiction and I have no notable negative effects. Occasionally use Tylenol PM instead."

Elzer (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016