User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Margesic H, Maxidone, Norco, Panacet, Stagesic, T-Gesic, Theracodophen Low 90, Vanacet, Verdrocet, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Xodol, Zamicet, Zolvit, Zydone, Zyfrel …show all brand names

Cough

Rheumatoid Arthritis
7.5

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 7.8 779 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Pain: "I have chronic neck pain from a work injury with resulting arthritis setting in. It is difficult for me to hold my head up for more than a couple hours due to the pressure and pain. Then I have to lie down for relief if possible, and take hydrocodone only two/day to cope. CVS is my pharmacy. At first they gave me Qualitest brand for years, then switched to Mallinckrodt for a few months which was much less effective. Now Amneal brand which is basically totally ineffective!!! What can I do??"

Deedee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The hydrocodone made by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is a much weaker version of the one made by Watson. Be aware when taking this medication that many generics do not assist with pain the same way as other brands. I have found the main difference is pain relief. Where as I take one Watson made hydrocodone it equals the effectiveness of 1 1/2 Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals made hydrocodone (M366). I know from research companies make medications with different ingredients etc, and I would recommend to anyone that if you are taking this medication (hydrocodone) you splurge a little on your wallet and ask for the Watson made brand. It is more effective, lasts longer, and doesn't give you headaches. Please also never take this med to get "high" it causes regulations that make us true pain sufferers suffer more to curb your addictions and criminal behaviour. Ty."

crunchyyellowlion (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2018

For Back Pain: "***Please Read this if you got switched on brands. I have been taking 10/325 Watson brand for 10+ years, I have a serious lower left back herniated disc , L3 The worst pain is in the morning and standing too long. I have been taking 4-6 tablets a day as needed. Walgreens suddenly stopped carrying Watson brand and switched to Mallinkrodt or whatever. I can honestly say first hand, these do NOTHING for my pain but make me mad and wanting more. I know people will say its the same, but its not. A real pharmacist told me the filler is different and may not be as effective for someone like me who has had one brand for 10+ years. I quit going to walgreens and I literally drove from pharmacy to pharmacy all over my city until I found one who said they will always carry Watson. Do not bother calling pharmacies, because they will all lie to you over the phone and not tell you what they use for brand, because its some violation. Just drive around, that was my best advice."

Monroe (taken for 10 years or more) September 18, 2018

For Back Pain: "Okay not sure what is going on I've been on hydrocodone 7.5/325 for at least 15 yrs due to bulging disc in my back. I got pick up my Rx and it's not actavis but mallinckrodt. Is this a sugar pill? I can barely move. It does absolutely nothing for the pain. I'm stuck because of my insurance I can only go to Walgreens and they said this is the only one they stock. It's ridiculous."

Sam (taken for 10 years or more) September 16, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I used to take the 10/325 "yellow" pills, but now most pharmacies dispense white pills made by Watson, Mallinckrodt (“M”) or Amneal. Watson worked best for me, but not as well as the yellow pills. Walgreens just signed a contract with M and that's all they carry now. I can definitively say this past month has been awful. The M brand did not help my pain and made me very irritable. It's as if M put out a placebo or sugar pill. I refuse to take more pills due to the lack of efficacy of the M pills. I learned independent pharmacies often carry several brands at one time. One near me carries three -- including PAR (the yellow ones!) I hate to sound excited, but I thought they stopped making those and have been suffering through sub-par (pun intended) substitutions. The pharmacist told me Par costs twice as much to order than other brands. My guess is that's because it actually works. If you find a brand that works for your body, it can definitely improve quality of life."

LC September 15, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've tried them all, but I was very fond of the Watson imprint it worked well. Now it is my understanding they don't use them anymore. I'm really annoyed now. They give us these low cost cheap generics brands that I personally think don't even have all 10mg of the active ingredient in them. I've had it up to here with the pharmacies and there practices ..stop trying to make money off of us folks in pain."

Big Man (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

For Back Pain: " To @Meri if you are finding this medicine doesn't work then it is time to get tested for a CYP2D6 duplication! If you have multiple copies of this gene it can and does render certain pain meds ineffective! I know because I have it! We are called ultra metabolisers which means our bodies get rid of the medication before it even has a chance to work!"

Thundermg1swife72 (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2018

For Back Pain: "The one with the imprint M367 (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals) is not good. Watson brand was the best."

Frank September 12, 2018

For Back Pain: "Mallinckrodt...Mallinckrodt...please read on about this ‘POOR PERFORMING SO-CALLED DRUG for Pain relief.... Diagnosed with Ankolosing Spondylitis at age 22. Now 65. I’ve been doing cardio and resistance training for the past 40+ years and began 5K races approximately 20 years ago. All in all very healthy...can’t complain. My back started acting up about 5 years ago...had an MRI. Been with the same doctor for 21 years I’ve been prescribed Norco 10 325 for the past four years. I get 3 prescriptions filled per year. 90 tablets each. That comes out to less than 1 full pill per day! Quality of life has returned. Watson was the generic. This last prescription filled by Mallinckrodt... ...does NOTHING; other than slight dizziness and foggy head for about 15 minutes. I still have a few of my Watson and when I take it...there definitely is a difference...pain manageable. ...happy days"

Starr September 11, 2018

For Back Pain: "Every time I get my RX for my Hydrocodone10/325 at my pharmacy it was by the manufacturer Mallinckrodt and this stuff does NOT touch my pain. I have a serious back condition, a fracture, stenosis and arthritis. I had my doctor change my pharmacy to Walgreens and the first time I got my Rx. it was alright and it was not Mallinckrodt. O.K. the last 2 times it is again this Mallinckrodt, so I had changed my pharmacy for nothing. I swear, I will NEVER again accept a RX of hydrocodone by this manufacturer EVER again. It is absolute junk, honestly is there any active ingredients in it? Does the FDA ever check? It did nothing for my pain, no relief whatsoever, it was like I took sugar pills."

Loralea September 9, 2018

For Back Pain: "I have three different types of arthritis and I take Norco for back pain. I have used Walgreens pharmacy for a while now. I picked up my Norco script today and discovered they have switched manufactures. Typically, I try to take half a pill so they last longer since it is so hard to get narcotics these days. I took half a Norco tonight and it was as if I had not taken anything! This new manufacturer they use Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is not any good at all. Do not waste your time or money. Go to a different pharmacy to fill your Norco script."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Pain: "Since the "druggies" decided to ruin it for all who actually need an opiate, we're pretty have a problem (Sudafed as well)! I used to take Lortab 10 (Pink). My doctor switched me to Norco 7.5/325, and Man 'ole Man - JUNK! I think the Watsons are the best, and will only fill if I see an imprint of N357 or 3203-Watson! The M366 (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals) are worthless, and I will NOT fill if that's all they have! My script is now 6 days past due, because I'm looking for a pharmacy who doesn't carry that rubbish brand! I take 3, and I still can't move! An Advil works better than those! We shouldn't have to live in pain because SOME people WANT to abuse their meds! I do not, and I'm randomly tested! NEVER failed, so why are we being punished?! We shouldn't be punished, THEY should! This is getting ridiculous! "

Missy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Back Pain: "I have taken this medication for at least 10 years and always had a good result. But now, there is no relief. The manufacturer has changed but the strange thing is. The brand is Mallinckrodt 10/325 dose . Pill with imprint M367"

Robin (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 6, 2018

For Pain: "Ok so I have Lupus, RA ,Osteoarthritis, disc degeneration disease, arthritis, lower back pain,Fibromyalgia, shoulder impingement. I'm use to taking watson 10/325 Norcos every 4-6 hours. That one time I was informed and I choose to go ahead and try them, That was the WORSE THING ever.The norcos had G037 on them and they did not WORK what so ever. They took pain away for no more then 2 hours. Now Walgreens is back using that manufacturer instead of the one that are making the watsons. That is the WORSE DECISION THAT WALGREENS COULD MAKE. Please listen to everyone that say this manufacturer does not WORK. Any Norco with G037 r G035 don't get them. Make sure that you ask the pharmacist what manufacturer they use. If you deal with Walgreens on a regular make sure you always ask because recently I didn't check and ended with G037. The pharmacist did not tell me that manufacturer had changed and tried to get smart with me and another's tried to tell me that they work the same. There was nothing that Walgreens could do, so please ASK QUESTIONS."

Blue September 3, 2018

For Pain: "Throughout all those years (13) I was fine. I'd taken several generics, some good some ok, but never completely ineffective, until my Dec. 2017 prescription. Every since then every generic I've tried has been horribly ineffective, or only effective for a short period of time. The one thing that has been consistent though is the side effects! I'm guessing the fillers have not been changed. Since last year I've tried Actavis, Malinckrodt, Auburion, all with the same results. But here's the kicker, so one day I was wearing a shirt I hadn't worn in some time and in the pocket I found half a pill, it had been probably almost a year since I'd worn that shirt and I'm pretty sure the pill was from a costco prescription when they had the brand Interpharm. I was curious if it still had any effectiveness so I took it. IMMEDIATE RELIEF! It was at that moment that I knew for sure that the generics are all useless!"

Originalpolo August 31, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Hey @kammideb I don't know if it just the rules but surgeons or regular doctors are not supposed to prescribe scheduled pain meds after 3 months post op. In addition to other issues I had a spinal fusion whose screw need to come out as they created bursas as well cervical at every level falling apart. You need to go to a pain management doctor if you need to continue drug treatment. They can prescribe whatever you need. The bigger problem is the consolidation of drug cos and pharmacies. The big pharms only carry the cheapest and weakest. But find the one the works for you and hopefully they will continue making. Small mom/pop pharms are typically not constricted by contracts, so are able to get you the generic brand you want."

CharleyHorse (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2018

For Back Pain: "I have been taking hydrocodone 10/325 for years due to back surgery along with shoulder pain and all of a sudden they giveme what feels like fake white pills imprinted with 1p 110 (Amneal Pharmaceuticals). They do nothing. I think since they wanted to stop giving everyone vicodin they are trying to substitute them with worthless placebo -like pills and I am in a lot of pain. Next time I will ask what brand of pills they will be giving me before I get them filled"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 27, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I thought it was me. I have arthritis in my neck and have been on 7.5-325 for a while. My pharmacy is CVS and for the last year ( at least ) I've been getting the white pills from Lupin, they're awful compared to the other generics I've taken. I believe I'm switching pharmacies next month after reading the comments on here. Thank you all for sharing, now I know I'm not any crazier than I've always been!"

bornin69 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Had surgery on a torn tendon in my elbow. Norco gives me zero relief. I've found ibuprofen also has no effect on level of pain for me either. What is the point? Or are some folks just immune? I haven't taken a lot of pills in my lifetime so I don't think it's built up tolerance... It just doesn't work for me."

Meri (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I’ve been taking Norco for about two years. It’s really the only thing that helps my pain. I usually get my script filled at CVS and, lately, I’ve noticed the generic they use is pretty worthless. Takes sometimes double the pills to get just a little pain relief. Recently switched to the M367 generic (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals) at Walgreens and, wow, what a difference. One pill lasts me almost an entire work day whereas the other generic was requiring two to three just to get partial relief. Never really thought there was much difference in generics but I guess there is!"

KKrandle (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I have tons of back issues degenerative disk disease, arthritis, bulging disks, scoliosis and who knows what else as my low back has been killing me so I went to the ER and they of course said I’ll give you muscle relaxers and I laughed and said I know for a fact this isn’t muscle related and in the past had Norco for broken bones and when my back gave me severe pain, Thing is I’m on Xanax which I let them know and I just space the two at least 2 hours apart up to 6 hours apart even breaking the 5mg Norco apart. Today I’m reading about being careful if your on Xanax which I take a low dose of .5mg even break them in half to maybe 3/4 of a pill and take it. I’ve never had a problem with either pill, abusers ruin it for us that need these."

Norcoworks August 11, 2018

For Pain: "The white pills by Lupin are the least effective I have had. The strength each month is less. I am 72 years old and have several problems that involve the right lower quadrant of my back. Bladder/urethra/ureter surgery, bowel hernia, degenerative disk issues not appropriate for more surgery. I finally found relief with hydrocodone 10/325. My insurance changed last year and I had to use local network pharmacies. This is the worst pain medication on the market. Even Watson was better. This is a new product I was told and to give it more time. Something to do with the opioid epidemic. I really do not understand why old people are expected to be in pain when they can no longer can get around. I can accept that doctors cannot fix is When our body parts get old but I would like to be more comfortable to enjoy my family."

Retired science teacher (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I have been taking Norco for awhile and the manufacturer was actavis and they really didn't help that much. Well I just got another prescription filled and Walgreens changed manufacture again which is mallinckrodt and they do nothing at all but give me pains in my stomach and give me a slight headache. I wish these manufacturers would stop playing around with the ingredients we are in pain and need something for pain - not the ineffective ones we are getting now"

Babygirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2018

For Pain: "I have had numerous experiences with hydrocodone, (vicodin) over many years. When I first tried, (abused) it I didn't like the effects at all. It wasn't the same as other opioids and had a strange feeling to it. Over the years experiencing it as most people in pain do, I found it to be almost ineffective. Ibuprofen is a way more effective substitute. If you can abstain from opioid use of any kind, (except in the most extreme cases.) then do so. Opioids are a very slippery slope."

Patrick (taken for 10 years or more) July 29, 2018

For Back Pain: "I live in a suburb near Chicago Illinois..I've been dealing with chronic pain for 20 years. I'm on norco 10's for some pain relief for 2 herniated discs and shooting bilateral pain. I found out Watson norco is no longer available and Actavis took it over. Today I'm going to try a new brand that Costco pharmacy carries. I hope it helps relieve some pain. It's a Indian pharmaceutical Company other than Lupin. Arunda something..Will post later if it helped or not."

la mexicana (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes