User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 34 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 696 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Cough

"I awoke this morning with a cough that I know all too well. At times when the weather is damp I experience an asthmatic type cough that causes spasms. I cough, try clearing my throat, use my inhaler ( which, incidentally I rarely use as I rarely have asthmatic attacks), however my point is that the only medication that completely erases this itchy, non-stopping, irritating cough..and it is a godsend, is a lortab. My prescription is for back pain..again only used when I have unbearable pain. I only use maybe a third or a half tablet.. Curiously, I googled to see if there were others such as myself who have found relief from these horrible coughing spells using not even a dose..just the right amount to thankfully have peace..thank you all."

Anonymous June 6, 2016

"When I get a cold I get the worst cough imaginable. I actually reach a point where I feel I'm choking and gasping for air. I have had this problem my whole life (50 years) and I have only found one thing that works and that is Hydrocodone Acet It works within a couple minutes of taking it and lasts for at least 4 hours. It is a miracle drug to me. Because it is a narcotic, I only allow myself to take it at night time and has to be a horrible horrible cough. Lucky - no side effects."

Postive!!! December 26, 2015

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Did nothing for my cough, after 2 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

"I have been struggling with a nagging cough for over a month, went to the doctor twice, finally I called them back yesterday because I was getting no relief, hadn't sleep in days, was driving my husband & coworkers nuts with my hacking. When they called me back & told me they were calling Loratab in to the pharmacy, I was confused & my coworkers were skeptical & thought my doctors office made a mistake...so I researched it & found it can actually be used for this purpose. Within 10 minutes I was finally going longer than 30 seconds without coughing for the first time in weeks. Needless to say, myself & everyone else = AMAZED. Who woulda thought..."

relief...finally (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2014

"I took one for another pain issue, but I was also suffering a severe cough at the time. Cough went away, almost like magic. Didn't really put the two together, until I did it again, next day. But like what another writer posted, take too much and prepare for some awful hallucinations. I only take half dose. The nausea side effect can get annoying as well."

Hugh Man Bean (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2014

"Horrible sore throat combined with nonstop coughing. It was painful to say the least. Took the Vicodin and stopped coughing. I had tried everything over the counter, teas, honey lemon, vaporizer, vapor rubs, hot showers, etc. This is the only thing that stopped the coughing."

sc00b3rt (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2013

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Works great."

treecy November 6, 2013

"I have had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease for the last 15 years(C.O.P.D.). And of course, coughing has been a very troublesome problem for me. About 10 years ago I pulled a muscle in my back and the doctor prescribed hydrocodone for me. I noticed immediately that relieved me off considerably. It also helps me breathe much easier. I believe it is a very effective cough suppressant."

bradtech (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 16, 2013

"This is the only med that worked for my uncontrollable cough. Even codeine didn't work, and I couldn't get to sleep. If I take 2 teaspoons I start to hallucinate so I stick with 1 teaspoon of the syrup."

Calif.debbie (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2013

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "It helps"

Anonymous July 29, 2012

"Hydrocodone (either in the form of Lortab or Tussionex) is the ONLY thIng that works for my cough. I was diagnosed with asthma as a child and I ALWAYS have problems with a chronic cough when I get sick. I've been taking everything imaginable for the past 3 days to try and calm the cough so I can sleep- Robitussin, Delsym, Cheratussin AC (yes! even codeine didn't work!), Asmanex and Albuterol. I had to go to the ER tonight and BEG the doctor for it since I'm not in any pain. He didn't believe me when I told him hydrocodone is the only thing that works for my cough. He said its just a myth... but here I am, 45 minutes later without the coughing!"

Anonymous December 26, 2011

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Works great for cough."

Anonymous September 30, 2011

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "Works great."

Anonymous September 30, 2011

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "This medicine works perfect."

Anonymous September 30, 2011

"It definitely helps. It takes the itchiness out of the throat and really calms the cough."

Krazkm22 April 27, 2009

"As my name suggests, I am a believer and user of natural medicines and DO NOT let doctors "practice" on me. I research and use common sense and logic when dealing with prescription drugs. This drug (hydrocodone) is an excellant cough suppressant. It works by calming the urge or spasm that makes us cough and can be used in conjuction with an expectorant(like Guaf or Mullen Tea) if needed. It can be ground and mixed with cough syrup. Be aware of the dosing, especially when dealing with children, promote responsible drug use."

HDWitch September 30, 2008

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): "I had been prescribed this for pain but had caught a cold. I read that hydrocodone is used for cough, so I tried it. I had one of those coughs that just doesn't let up and makes you nuts because you can't sleep, eat, talk, etc. Within a half hour of taking a Vicodin 10, I finally stopped coughing uncontrollably. It worked better than the codeine I had taken years ago for cough. I only needed it for 2 days for the cough and it was a lifesaver."

Anonymous June 23, 2008

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This really helps. DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN PERSCRIBED!"

pill poppin animal April 15, 2008