User Reviews for Acetaminophen / hydrocodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Margesic H, Maxidone, Norco, Panacet, Stagesic, T-Gesic, Theracodophen Low 90, Vanacet, Verdrocet, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Xodol, Zamicet, Zolvit, Zydone, Zyfrel …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough

Rheumatoid Arthritis
7.8

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 8.1 727 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Pain: "This was given to me after a very invasive surgery to help with pain. It was a very scary surgery. I found the med totally ineffective in helping w/my pain."

Tidal wave (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

For Back Pain: "I have had sciatica nerve pain for over a year. The depart of labor has not been very coperative with my doctors. My sciatic nerve pain as well as lower back pain has gotten worse month by month, this is due to a fall at work, the 5-325 only seems to work when used with muscle relaxers as well as pain medication for anti-inflammation/pain. I wake up daily with pain, after taking the pain meds I can function thoughout the day. But taking 5-325 by itself does nothing to control the pain. I have to take all three at once twice a day. When I'm physically active (doing dishes, sweeping, or preparing food), my pain increases 3x for the next 2 days. I have to take all 3 meds at least 3 times a day. Plz dept of labor approve the surgery. Thx"

Ybarra58 - BEAST 625 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2017

For Pain: "I suffer from chronic pain and take a extended longer acting opiate pain med (methadone 10mg). However I had a dental abscess on the 23rd and was rxd hydrocodone/acet 10-325 in the emergency room and it worked wonderful. The methadone works well for chronic everyday pain but when a sharp,acute, pain such as a toothache ,earache or any kind of acute pain the norco (hydrocodone 10/325) knocks the edge right off of it. No tiredness,grogginess, just fast pain relief. I was also rxd Hydrocodone 7.5/650 (Vicodin ES) a long time ago and I remember it worked well then too."

sopranofan (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

Hydrocet (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "Fell on wet floor had on surgery, was not successful, struggled for year got worse went in for 3 more on the same disc area, then went back to work ended up hurting it again having surgery 2 more times, then in 2008 was in bad car wreck and had to have a fusion done and the specialist Determined it was failed back syndrome"

Danny's December 20, 2016

For Pain: "I suffer from chronic pain due to severe arthritis and stenosis in my lumbar spine. I take vicodin as needed to alleviate 'breakthrough' pain, i.e., occasional pain so great that my usual daily maintenance dose of Embeda ER (morphine/naltrexone) cannot relieve it. It works well, with the usual opioid side effects, hence a score of 8."

cbaker853 (taken for 10 years or more) December 6, 2016

For Back Pain: "They make me feel good and productive only use it when I have pain that won't go with the usual medication."

Faviolo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2016

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have severe arthritis I am now on Vicodin and the pain relief I get is outstanding"

Bobbytino November 26, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Broke my elbow. Did Nothing for pain. Took Ibuprofen. Worked better than that junk. Fortunately, it only cost $4."

broken elbow November 18, 2016

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "That stuff made me so sick I wanted to die. It was like a terminal case of the flu. And oxycontin made me itch so bad I scratched with a hairbrush. Guess I wouldn't be a very good addict. I have a magnetic belt I ordered from a catalog and it helps more than medication - perhaps it's the magnets but I suspect it's more a case of giving me more back support. Prescribed back braces were too big and heavy to wear so they're out. I think every person who ever suffered from REAL back pain would be overwhelmed with joy if there was just a magic wand that would take the pain away permanently."

Ann in Terlingua (taken for 10 years or more) November 16, 2016

For Back Pain: "I was prescribed hydrocodone 10/325 for about a year combined with a muscle relaxer for back pain. As the pain got more and more severe, this medication stopped working and I was moved to something stronger. Hydrocodone doesn't work long for chronic pain suffers, but it works good in the beginning."

Badbak (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2016

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I was on lortab 10/500 for 14 years from 2000 until 2014 after having 2 lower back surgeries for chronic pain it worked best for me with the least side effects in 2014 it's like no longer available I'm guessing in fl. Or the U.S now for 4 months I'm on hydrocodone 10/325 it is not effective at all for me I don't get any relief from it so I'm not as functional I'm in the bed more because of the pain and no relief from the 10/325. what happen to the Lortab 10/500 ?"

Alto2586 (taken for 10 years or more) November 8, 2016

For Cough: "I have always had an uncontrollable cough when I got a cold. A few years ago, I got a bad cold and ended up in the emergency room because I couldn't get any sleep for days because of the coughing. Surprisingly, they gave me Vicodin. And it WORKED! I am 63 years old and I am so angry that I have suffered for years and years with a spastic cough. I could drink bottles of cough syrup and the only thing that would happen is that I would be loopy, but still coughing. I only take a Vicodin at night to sleep. I do not ever want to lose the calming effect by taking more than I need."

jake2016 November 2, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've got severe arthritis in my lumbar vertebrae and right hip. (I've got a hip replacement coming up) plus degenerative disc disease in lumbar discs too. Norco 5/325 allows me to walk a little more, play with my dog and get a few chores done. Norco doesn't take all the pain away but it does helps improve the quality of my life."

ChiweenieCaddi (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2016

For Pain: "I think it was the dosage that was too low given to me"

Wildcigo (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "I am only 18 years old. I have had two major hip surgeries that have been unsuccessful due to an underdeveloped right hip joint. My pain is awful. I am fine for 3 to 5 days without pain and on those days I don't take any pain killers. But on the days that my hip hurts I can't even walk on it and I need to use crutches to just get around. I am 18 and the doctor told me that this cycle may continue for years to come. He has prescribed 10-325mg norco for the pain plus 800mg of ibuprofen. The combination works very well. The larger dose of ibuprofen greatly reduces inflamation in area of pain so that the norco can relieve the pain. I highly recommend this combo for any one with sharp shooting pain coming from your back or hip and running down."

Zjejeis2jb October 29, 2016

For Back Pain: "I suffer from arthritic pain all over, fingers growing crooked, etc. Stiffness, pain, and severely limited movement are characteristic. I use (I think Watson) hydrocodone of 7.5/325 acetaminophen. It's a godsend. Allows me to work doing much of the work I did as a young man, although certainly not as fast, and of course, being 69, not as strong either. I usually take one in the morning, if needed one in the afternoon, then again a little before bedtime. I have never had to take more than 4 in one day, that only a few times. Have been using for about two years now, and it knocks the hell out of inflammation from this disease. I don't perceive any addiction and I have no notable negative effects. Occasionally use Tylenol PM instead."

Elzer (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "Works better than morphine after surgery. Dilopid gave me a migraine, Other narcotics made me itchy. This takes pain away and leaves me a bit relaxed so I can get some rest."

Mama Laura October 22, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "When they switched me to Norco I had to deal with more pain. The medication is half as effective and makes me sick to my stomach many times. GOV'T doesn't care about the people with real pain more concerned with the drug addicts (which more people are becoming because they can't get the pain relief they need.)"

Retired Veteran T October 15, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: "So I ended up at the emergency room for severe upper hip pain - no injury to speak of and they prescribe Norco. Dr. explain it is sciatic nerve pain which originated in the back and radiated into the hip and thigh area. Nevertheless this drug did absolutely nothing except make me rather "woozy" but the pain is still very much there. Luckily I have ibuprofen on hand so when the Norco wore off I took that instead. I won't say it worked like a charm but it was certainly better than Norco. Hopefully I feel better in the morning if not I guess I'll be going to urgent care since it's the weekend :("

DebbieInLA (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

For Pain: "I have several very rare incurable conditions that cause severe pain 24/7. I have permanent nerve damage, bone and spine pain and the list goes on. Unfortunately, I have to be on pain meds daily in order to have some quality of life. I have been taking Norco at adjusted levels for over 4yrs now. I wish I didn't have to take anything, but it's an unfortunate reality. That being said, I take the same medication from a different manufacturer every month, and my pharmacy tries to accommodate me because for some reason I get extremely ill when I have to take the medication from your company. I have ended up in the hospital once and once again my pharmacy was out of my normal meds and I am stuck with yours. They barely work and I'm so sick!!!!"

markris (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2016

For Back Pain: "I was given m367 for 2 months now and they dont work. Very little pain relief. I took another brand 7.5 which worked 2 times more than the 10 mg m367"

Spirit777 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016

For Back Pain: "M367 do NOT work as well as other generic brands of this drug. I have used many other generic brand of Norco and I am getting very little pain relief. Just picked these up today from my pharmacy. I was surprised when they were not the yellow ones. 10/325 hydrocodone apap. Stuck with them for a month now as another narcotic will not be prescribed due to new laws. I have, degenetative osteoarthritis of the spine with end stage cervical and lumbar stenosis/ spondylosis and more. Over the top chronic pain."

Crippiehippie September 22, 2016

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: "I go to pain management and seem to alternate between Norco & 10mg oxycodone.. I have to take more oxy combined with morphine per day to equal Norco 4 times daily, but they are both very addicting.... I hide it from my two children as they would have a fit. They are over 25 , to sum it up. I would rather take the Norco for my pain I think the Norco is the better pain medicine for back pain combined with what walking I can manage ."

Sunny194 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2016

For Back Pain: "Is not strong enough"

Anonymous September 9, 2016

For Pain: "I've used this on & off for chronic pain and other health conditions. I find that, for me, it's the only thing that takes the edge off without bad side effects. However, I recently filled a prescription and was given a form by a new manufacturer - Actavis Pharma. They have bought out Watson and changed the formula. Shortly after taking one, I was extremely nauseated and had a horrible headache. It made my pain much worse; I was in bed most of the day. The pharmacy I go to only prescribes this brand now because it's cheaper. There are numerous complaints online from people having bad side effects like I did. The pill id is 2172. If you're given this brand and have problems, please report it to both the FDA and Actavis."

Jules2909 August 30, 2016