User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Lorcet, Hycet, Anexsia, Lorcet HD, Dolagesic, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet Plus Hy-Phen Xodol Zyfrel Dolacet Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 614 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 59% of those users who reviewed Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reported a positive effect, while 24% reported a negative effect.

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 1434 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

KT · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 26, 2021

“I have been taking 5/325 mg and on occasion 7.5/325 mg generic Norco. I changed pharmacy one time and was given Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals brand (M366 on pill). I have had some psychological disturbances since starting this current round of meds from this company. Not sure if it is coincidence but I am extremely concerned!!! Someone, anyone who reads these reviews, can we investigate this company? I see other people have mentioned this as well. What is going on? Thank you.”

Suki April 24, 2021

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Absolute garbage. Ibuprofen works better for my tooth pain. I ended up doubling my dose and still no relief. I don’t know what the manufacturers are doing to pain pills these days but it’s wrong on so many levels.”

Pickles · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2021

“I am am in pain from Degenerative disc, shoulder surgery. Yes the acetaminophen + hydrocodone with imprint T257 (Camber Pharmaceuticals brand) is rubbish! The big white ones are better. Sad.I need this relief. Also just got a molar pulled/crushed out earlier today.”

GandyDancer · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2021

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Train track worker 30+ years and am in pain - non cancer, non hospice palliative care pain. Stenosis.. Multiple Lumbar and thoracic disc nerve intrusions.. (herniated) Cervical Schmorls Nodes from the daily many hours of tool vibrations. Severe Heart Disease. High blood pressure from daily pain. What would happen if people on depression medication was cut off? Why are State Health Departments sending letters to doctors treating people with legitimate pain that can be seen and proven from medical testing while they are responsible to guard the medication they take because it is life saving to warn doctors about their prescribing? Doctors will not tell you about those letters. My guess is because pain medications give legitimate people with proven pain quality of life and keep them out of revolving doors in the medical community where salaries are very high. People in pain need a good law firm to bring class action suit against profits before compassion.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I can't understand why there aren't any more complaints , is everyone taking a generic Norco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone ) that actually works? If so please tell me what brand it is because the Tris brand has done something to their pills and they don't work at all anymore. I am no longer able to clean my home and barely can work part time. One of these sissy lawyers needs to step up and file a lawsuit for intentional pain and suffering because what these drug makers are doing is illegal and the FDA won't do their jobs. I have been filing complaints since last year. The FDA needs to be sued also. Tons of suicides already happened and more to come someone can only live in severe pain for so long. It feels like they just want to get rid of all the pain patients. I know they changed it because I saved a few old ones and half of one gives me relief. Please file complaints daily with the FDA and these vile drug companies who have no consciences.”

Imready · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was diagnosed with Connective Tissue Disease about 9 years ago. Up until a couple years ago, I got excellent relief from a yellow generic Norco 5 325. It didn't always relieve all the pain but that's OK. I changed pharmacies twice now in hope of getting a product that made my life liveable. All I've gotten has been this ineffective m365. I took one over 2 hours ago and now do I finely feel like moving around, a big difference from getting relief in 20-30 minutes. The FDA is clearly negligent. They don't test generics for effectiveness at all. This witch hunt on Hydrocodone is a joke, with responsible hard working Americans paying the price in pain because of the who obtain these drugs illegally. The FDA just recently decided that cigars needed to be tested at $100k per test, but they refuse to test prescription medications prescribed by responsible care givers to tax paying Americans.”

Pain for 35 years August 25, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Fibro, CF, deg.arthritis, bilateral TJR of jaw. Have side effects to most meds, Norco works best. Generic Norco quality declined substantially since 2017. Used to take Qualitest generic 10/325 worked great, then Watson. Mallinckrodt, awful, did I mention AWFUL? Felt as I took nothing, nausea, & dizziness. Tried Par brand bad as Mallinckrodt. Dr. documents chart about lack of effectiveness of generic brands. Called small pharmacy, asked to order brand name Norco. Did this w/out any hassle or judgment.Costs $500 /100 , Rx is 180/ month. I pay $10 or less for generics. Good news brand name Norco works great, no side effects, pain 8 goes down to 3-4. Bad news can't afford. Req. ins co. cover, have documented generics give no pain relief. Think generic fillers are poor quality, & is why don't work for a lot of us in pain. Assume brand name have better quality fillers. It's unfair we have sub-par meds. Not all generics work as well as brand names, as they claim. Brand: Allergan, white, oblong, NORCO 539.”

Leo August 7, 2020

“I am a hard working citizen. I do not do recreational drugs or drink alcohol and yet I feel like I’m being treated like a vagrant getting the same medication I’ve been getting for years. The pharmacies are making it harder and harder , they push out refill dates every time , sometimes for weeks with the same excuse “Oh sorry our shipment didn’t come in”. Oh sorry! They aren’t the ones suffering in pain trying to make it through the day. Then they use Cheap products like the brand LUPIN. It’s awful. It gives me headaches, blurred vision, and dehydration. It’s worse than Aurobindo. I call, and call and call and and do tons of legwork on my own to make sure the pharmacist orders the right mfg and they get it wrong. I physically talk face to face and they still get it wrong. So at this point it feels intentional. The street users and addicts make it so horrible for the people who really need to use it to function. This has to change. :(”

Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This is an update the last 3 months of Tris brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone (generic Norco) has felt like taking nothing. My new refill Friday of January 17 now feels like I'm taking a completely different medication this is not hyrdocodone in these pills!!! I am tired dizzy headache and a little upset stomach. These manufactures are doing some sort of testing on consumers using us as lab rats and its sickening. PLEASE PPL FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE COMPANIES AND FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FDA ONLINE FORMS EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY GET INVESTIGATED.”

Jose · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have been taking Norco the generic brand for 18 years due to back issues, but my doctor retired and a new doctor tells me that I have an addiction and that I need to stop taking it, so I asked him if he even read my file. I refuse to be in pain and was wondering if I any legal rights, I am 61 years old, worked hard in my younger age, got hurt on my job and now they tell me that I have an addiction ,I take 3 to 4 a day and I don't want to wither away due to pain the rest of my life.”

ArkansasGirl · Taken for 10 years or more January 16, 2021

“The old yellow hydros with the checkmark were the best for helping my chronic pain. Now all pharmacies have the mallinckrodt M367 white ones which may as well be sugar pills. Very little effect if any, the government just can't stop hurting all of us who actually need pain medicine due to all the other people overdosing. No idea how the FDA hasn't done anything about this!!! Terrible!!”

Inthecut · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “The generic hydrocodone/ acetaminophen combo has turned into absolute garbage in the US. In my experience pharmacies are just purchasing the cheapest product they can find, which increases all the bad effects of an opioid while providing very little pain relief. Opioids are the only drug class you can't even pay extra for the name brand for, all thanks to pharmacy/insurance company policy. It is absurd. Honestly, it should be illegal. Luckily my doctor is willing to switch me to percocet or oxy (which is almost impossible in todays age) so I'm glad. On the other hand I seem to have a weirdly high tolerance to oxy. Either way report this to the drug manufacturers (mallinckrodt, Tris, etc) is the only way. The FDA is filled people who don't answer the phone, so reporting to the manufacturers as well is best.”

JB March 17, 2020

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This pill didn't do much of anything before but now days they do even less. Are they doing something to the pain meds so that they are not consistent ever.!!! Some months you get a script that's amazing an other times they make you feel so bad your head hurts an etc. But the feds and gov have there hands in every thing so I'm sure there knocking everything off so can't trust any of them anymore. It is nothing like it use to be...”

Bring back Watson · Taken for 10 years or more November 20, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “When the Watson brand of acetaminophen / hydrocodone was available this medication was wonderful. The last 2 months I noticed a difference in my prescription not working effectively. I honestly could feel little to no relief and excessive drowsiness through out the day. I called the pharmacy and found out the manufacturer was Mallinckrodt. After reading reviews about others taking this brand I have decided to talk to my Pain specialist and switch medications rather than try to search for a pharmacy with a different brand. Good luck to you all and I pray that we all get some relief from ongoing pain. #Peaceandlove”

Midlifemissy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2021

“I have been taking the 7.5 hydrocodone for pain due to fibroids and ovarian cysts, which will be removed during my hysterectomy. I usually have no issues with how well my medication works. In fact it has helped a lot to keep me functioning, until my surgery. However, this last fill on my meds has me wondering if some companies aren't adding enough of the actual pain medicine to the mix? I can tell a HUGE difference in how my last fill of medicine is not working. It is as if it is half of the dose per pill. It really made me wonder why a company, Mallinkrodt, would not safely see the medicine is actually what it says it is, because I can tell you, it is not nearly as effective as the brand I was using, until my pharmacy switched it on me. It seems to me that could be dangerous to people. Anyway, thats my opinion. I just don't think it's right if they expect people to not notice the difference, when clearly there is one.”

MLB28 · Taken for 10 years or more October 4, 2020

“Those with concerns regarding current generic pain medications are not imagining anything. After a gunshot left me with debilitating pain close to 20 years ago, I was hesitant to began opioid therapy. I was initially given numerous non-opiate meds to try and control the pain (Elavil, Neurontin, etc). After a few years, I ultimately ended up being prescribed Norco 10/325. Norco 10/325 worked wonders for me for years. All of a sudden, around the end of 2017, I filled my prescription and was notified that the pharmacy carries a new “manufacturer’s” brand. Ok, I thought no big deal, right? Well, it was a very big deal. That first generic I tried did zero except make me nauseous, so I changed pharmacies. The 2nd generic just made me feel weird & anxious. I stuck with the 3rd generic, Mallinckrodt, which is ok sometimes (very hit & miss, no stability). My physician has offered to prescribe me stronger meds, and despite my hesitation, I may need to change. Best of luck to you all!”

Sam April 8, 2021

“I was 9yrs old when I was diagnosed with SLE. It was a new disease and not coming at all in youths. I suffered from severe arthritis. It was crippling, my knees would swell so bad or my ankles I would basically have to crawl, it was awful. Later on I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia severe osteoarthritis austerities i need 2 knee surgeries. I’ve had close to 12 surgeries I’m broken down. At times my pain is so bad I just cry. I’ve gained 50 pounds cause depression and COVID. I decided to restart physical therapy so I can get stronger for surgery. I’m beyond out of shape. I’m stretching yada yada.... Long story short I’m in soooo much more pain it’s beyond terrible. My pain pills do not work. They haven’t but rather than saying anything I’ve just deal it with it. I just don’t know what to do anymore.”

Jillyn31 · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

“My GYN prescribed this for me on 4/2/20, for ovarian cysts as he's done a couple of other times in the past, when the ER doesn't want to help with pain control. I'm in pain management & despite my pain Dr ok'ing me receiving pain meds in emergency situations, from Dr's other than him, some ER Dr's don't want to be bothered with my quality of life & doing the right thing . In the past, I'm not sure who the manufacturer was, but, it was effective. With this particular brand, Mallinckrodt, it's not as effective & I've noticed it feels like I've taken some sort of sedative. This hasn't happened before & when I looked this up & found these reviews, I knew I had to share my experience. I also looked up Mallinckrodt & read where they've been in some legal trouble for ethical behavior concerning another one of their meds, so, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't putting the correct doses of ingredients in these.”

Pain patient · Taken for 10 years or more November 18, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have been on Norco for 13 years for pain relief and have no side effects. The main problem is finding a doctor to prescribe them. Many doctors mistakenly think by cutting down or stopping writing scripts for Norco, there are less overdoses. Actually the people that legitimately take it for pain are suffering and the people abusing it have switched to heroin, which there are many more ODs from. Heroin is not controlled so it can contain deadly ingredients; also an addict could be used to a certain strength and unknowingly buy something stronger that could kill them. This law has caused more deaths, but most doctors haven't done the research I have and don't know this. I think the doctors should get personally involved with the patients; I would gladly answer any questions and give permission for them to check my legal history. Then hopefully the people in pain would get help and the people abusing drugs could go to rehab to get off it. That's when we'll see a drop in ODs and deaths.”

Kraci · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have had times when I've had to take Norco for pain. Most of which was Watson. I had knee surgery Dec 28 and was given Norco 5/325 from Aurobindo pharmaceuticals. I took 2-3 at a time to feel ANY RELIEF. This brand is no better than OTC meds. I never knew until now that different companies use different ingredients. I'm so disappointed in my pharmacy for changing companies at the cost of their suffering clientele.”

Jasmine1002 · Taken for 10 years or more July 16, 2019

“I'm a pharmacist with migraines and have been taking Watson brand Norco 10/325mg for 10 years. Usually, a 1/2 tab is plenty or 1 tab, if needed. 60 tabs lasts me a year. Just got 30 tabs made by Lupin. An hour after taking 1, I felt like I hadn't taken anything, so I took another. I have never had to take 2! Still no relief. No difference between the different brands? As a pharmacist, who is definitely not addicted or dependent since I rarely take it, I'm telling you this isn't true. I'd like to test the 2 brands' ingredients and the quantities of each. If they have the same amount of active ingredients, the issue could then be the inactive ones. The Lupin brand works for some, but is it because that was the 1st brand they had taken or is it because some people's bodies process inactive ingredients differently? The Lupin brand doesn't work for me and others and it isn't fair that we must suffer because this is the only brand the pharmacy will dispense.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

“I’ve been using hydrocodone for many years for chronic pain. This time I got a refill, I took one and it’s like I threw it in the trash. What’s up? I usually only need one a day but I have to take two in order to get some relief. I plan on complaining to the pharmacy.”

Curley June 10, 2020

“This acetaminophen/hydrocodone camber brand yellow pill with the number T259 (325 mg/10 mg). This must have come from the black market, because it is worthless. I have to stay in pain all month long. It is wrong to have your insurance pay for this pill. No more for me. I have to find out what is in this pill. My pain is too great. Camber fix this medication.”

keller · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 28, 2020

“Feeling sick for over a year now from hydrocodone ingredient change by the manufacturers. Heart racing, insomnia, chest pains. Where can we have these pills analyzed to tell what is in them, I clearly have SUFFERED immensely. We just have to find a lab that is not paid off by the government...”

Greg · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 29, 2020

“I just got a script yesterday for the 1st time for these generic pills acetaminophen & hydrocodone. I've been taking 10/325 Norco's for over 6 years due to all my health issue's along with Oxycontin. I totally feel the difference with these pills. The yellow one's actually are the best I have ever taken ,but these are garbage like everyone is saying. I just don't know how to file a complaint? Good luck everyone!”

Jimbo July 17, 2020

“I have pain from Failed back surgery. I've found a WALGREENS in Illinois that will special order the par brand of acetaminophen/hydrocodone (qualitiest) Norco 10/325 for me. These are the LAST of the yellow acetaminophen/hydrocodone, and as such the last that work. (Unless you want to send insane money on name brand Norco). Also, I used to be on Fentanyl patches, and this same Walgreens ordered Sandoz brand Fentanyl. Sandoz is manufactured in the same facility and on the same line as name Brand Duragesic. The point being here, if you can make friends with your local Walgreens pharmacy manager, they can order a LOT of the specialty generic brands that are so much more effective then the IP 109/110 or the M367 garbage that every other pharmacy seems to dispense. I don't think Watson even manufactures Norco anymore.”

Hermit · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 7, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I just took my last Watson yesterday . I was concerned about continuing this medication because all the pharmacies in my area only stock mallinkrodt and that manufacturers brand causes me increased pain and muscle tension. I consider it to be a substandard medication and really I will not use it. I was lucky to find one pharmacy that stock amneal, while not quite as good as Watson, Amneal is an improvement over Mallinckrodt (mallincrap) so I won't have to ask my doctor to take me off this medication which I was going to do if only mallincrap was available. I have informed my pharmacy that I do not want anything from mallinkrodt as I do not trust this company. Unfortunately they own many of the corporate pharmacies around the country”

mikel · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2020

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have extreme pain from a tooth and my dentist prescribed me Norco and I thought the excruciating pain will finally end. This stuff is complete garbage. I usually have to take lower doses due to sensitivity and this was a full dose. It did absolutely nothing for pain. The only thing it did was make me a tiny bit tired, but Tris needs to figure out what they are doing. DO NOT use this for pain relief, ibuprofen does a lot better.”