User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain (Page 6)

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Anexsia, Lorcet, Dolacet, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Hy-Phen, Xodol Hycet Dolagesic Zyfrel Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Meri · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Had surgery on a torn tendon in my elbow. Norco gives me zero relief. I've found ibuprofen also has no effect on level of pain for me either. What is the point? Or are some folks just immune? I haven't taken a lot of pills in my lifetime so I don't think it's built up tolerance... It just doesn't work for me.”

Retired science teacher · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2018

“The white pills by Lupin are the least effective I have had. The strength each month is less. I am 72 years old and have several problems that involve the right lower quadrant of my back. Bladder/urethra/ureter surgery, bowel hernia, degenerative disk issues not appropriate for more surgery. I finally found relief with hydrocodone 10/325. My insurance changed last year and I had to use local network pharmacies. This is the worst pain medication on the market. Even Watson was better. This is a new product I was told and to give it more time. Something to do with the opioid epidemic. I really do not understand why old people are expected to be in pain when they can no longer can get around. I can accept that doctors cannot fix is When our body parts get old but I would like to be more comfortable to enjoy my family.”

Patrick · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2018

“I have had numerous experiences with hydrocodone, (vicodin) over many years. When I first tried, (abused) it I didn't like the effects at all. It wasn't the same as other opioids and had a strange feeling to it. Over the years experiencing it as most people in pain do, I found it to be almost ineffective. Ibuprofen is a way more effective substitute. If you can abstain from opioid use of any kind, (except in the most extreme cases.) then do so. Opioids are a very slippery slope.”

Lnkinprk2448 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2018

“As a 30 year old and 17 year cancer survivor with a total knee and right distal femur replacement, I struggled with chronic pain for years and went to many Drs that did nerve blocks that didn't work or just told me my age was too young and they didn't wanna touch me. At 26 I met with my Dr now and she put me on 10mg Norco and my life changed almost overnight for the better. I've barely had any days I feel like I can't walk or get out of bed, and my son who came along a few months after loves having daddy able to play with him outside and take him on bike rides. My only issue is having to take many pills a day, I hate the taste and if I leave and forget them at home, after about 5 hours you can defiantly feel it wear off and it hits like a brick, but overall it's been a life saver.”

Dubby June 25, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Does not work”

Jennycat · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2018

“Doesn't help with cancer pain”

Lola · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I had surgery and was prescribed this for pain. It did absolutely nothing for the pain but it did cause me anxiety and put me in a bad mood. After reading other reviews, Doctors shouldn't be prescribing this "do nothing" drug that actually makes you feel worse, not better.”

Maverick · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “If you like to feel nauseated with zero pain relief, this drug is for you. It is THE WORST.”

Buck · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

“I was prescribed this for pain management. I had sudden onset severe tooth pain and went to two different dentists to try and get one of my wisdom teeth pulled. Neither would do it and the best I could get was an appointment to see an oral surgeon in 12 days. I have never taken or been prescribed a narcotic before so was a little worried. My current pain level I would describe as a 9. The only thing I have experienced that hurt worse than this was a dislocated shoulder. The Dr. Prescribed 5/325 hydorcodone/acetaminophen and this is barely touching my pain. I'm taking a lot of ibuprofen and naproxen as the narcotic had absolutely zero effect. Going on my second night of not being able to sleep due to pain now. This stuff is complete rubbish.”

TRut April 29, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “This is not the same as lortab it's so fake. The doctors say that the drug companies have taken out some of the acetaminophen and changed the name. Doctors can't doctor when the government is telling them how to do it.”

Giggles April 16, 2018

“Would like to know if pharmaceutical companies are giving out fake Vicodin the White Watson 853. I have chronic pain all times and now the pills I have been getting are not working at all. I Really think there are people that are pressing for you or the pharmacist someone is messing with people lives . Let me know please thank you”

NCNana · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2018

“I have taken Hydrocodone 10-325 by Watson but M637. I had hip replacement and was prescribed 853 on discharge. It took longer to provide relief, maybe an hour, but did provide the relief needed. Gave me a slight headache right at the beginning of taking it right in the forehead/eyes but was short lived”

gettingby · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 27, 2018

“I had been on a white pill with red flecks #3604, V on other side for 9 years. It worked well with no noticeable side effects. I was able to be comfortable. Usually I only needed half a pill. Never a euphoric feeling media talks about. Now all local pharmacies carry other pills. I have tried two types (white G 035 and white 2172). I can't take either of them. 2172 doesn't work and bad side effects, almost everyone carries that pill now. G035 no good either. I was told they are all the same medicine by a pharmacy but they definitely are not. Pills should not be interchanged just because they are all on the generic list. The inactive ingredients are important too. Really unhappy my life is back to just making it through. Aren't there any government agency that rates effectiveness of the medications being distributed? I obviously don't have a choice. I would chose the white and red fleck pill #3604, which I was told is not manufactured anymore.”

William · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “After I had a tooth extracted my jaw swelled up and I was in considerable pain. My dentist prescribed the Norco 5/325 pill. At first I decided to try aspirin because I didn't want to get involved with an opioid. The aspirin helped a great deal but I was taking a whooping dose which put me at risk for internal bleeding as well as putting stress on my kidneys. So I tried the Norco pill. Absolutely no effect. This pill is a fake. I went back to the aspirin and the relief was almost immediate.”

Shadow · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Broke my wrist & painful contusions to chest and back. Dr. gave me script for Norco which sort of helped a few years ago. Instead of Watson , I was given Norco by McNeal. Absolutely did not help with pain in wrist break or contusion pain. Sensitive to opioids & usually get severe migraine from Norco. But not this time - nothing happened at all. Felt like I was taking plain Tylenol. I suffered for 10 days 24/7 waiting for some little relief which never came !”

grif · Taken for 10 years or more March 4, 2018

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was in a head on collision with a cattle truck when I was 30 years old. I'm 66 now. I since have had six joint replacements and multiple other surgeries to repair multiple fractures in both femurs and other bones. I have used vicotin 7.5/325 for 30 years and found that it is extremely helpful. It does not interfere with my productivity, concentration, agility, or other impairment. I'm horrified to have it taken away after responsible long term use.”

WeRSuckers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2018

“I used to take medicine for my pain due to bulging disc that caused pain due to it pressing against my sciatic nerve. I took two Watson’s of 5mg a day and it helped the pain. I haven’t taken them for a long time since I got a cortisone shot in my back which helped the pain to prevent me from needing Norco. I recently injured myself and the doctor prescribed it but this was not Watson and has no effect on my pain. Pharmacy gives me no information and says it’s the same but it’s not. My tolerance would be decreased since I haven’t needed them for months. Anyone else feel the same? Are there places to complain or check into what is legal? Then scrolling down to the bottom to submit this, it asks me if my insurance covered it and how much the co-pay was! That seems odd. It feels like a political thing or maybe people were getting addicted to pain pills that people who really do have medical needs can no longer get help?!?!”

TyAustin February 24, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was given a prescription for Norco 7.5mg after I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed. One was not erupted and I also had to have a bone graft on my left side. The Norco helped somewhat but I also took Ibuprofen 800mg with it for breakthrough pain. That really helped a lot.”

Marian888 · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2018

“I too am sensitive to generics. It would be helpful to name the manufacturer that is making the bad generic so I can take it off the list”

TheHulk January 30, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have been taking generic. Norco for what seems like an eternity. Over 10 years. Numerous leg operations, infections, replacements, revisions , etc. first I don’t know why the operations themselves didn’t take this horrible constant pain away but anyway, been to about three different pharmacies now as they ALL eventually switch to cheaper and cheaper and weaker and weaker generics. If I ask my dr. To specify I get the brand Norco, will the insurance not cover and will it be unaffordable? I definitely have a tolerance to them but these cheap latest white IP ones are weaker than plain Tylenol. The long and winding road.”

KatieAnd January 19, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Prescribed for broken bones. Does nothing for the pain, just makes me groggy and irritable on top of the pain.”

D&T January 10, 2018

“I have been on hydrocodone for 10+ years due to a bad car wreck I have always took the Watson brand then my pharmacy switched to this brand I do not feel that it works as good. It takes a lot longer to ease my pain and wears off quicker.”

Ken62 · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2018

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Like taking nothing”

Judith Peoho · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 31, 2017

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Generics not all alike. Novel Suppliers at CVS and another Walmart poor relief from pain when generic with v and pink flecks were very effective. Who is checking on the production of these to see that they are not just compressed baking powder. Pills being diverted in illegal markets delivered in large quantities where little demand and being sold illegally. The active ingredient put in those and legally obtained most ineffective. Last two Rx and CVS and Walmart were ineffective taking a whole tablet when during day 1/2 was sufficient. Having to increase dose to get relief. Do not want to be forced to ask for higher dose if they are not legitimately made. Where is quality control??”

Yeti705 · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2017

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I was given this after I had an IUD inserted which was incredibly painful and has continued to be and it didn’t do anything for the pain, didn’t even touch it. The pain actually felt worse after taking it which makes no sense. All it did was make me extremely tired and out of it. No effect on pain whatsoever”