User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain (Page 4)

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Anexsia, Lorcet, Dolacet, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Hy-Phen, Xodol Hycet Dolagesic Zyfrel Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1464 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Sunsine July 30, 2019

“So nice to see these complaints. I have been getting my meds at Walgreens. They are using tryst since last summer. It’s obvious there was a huge change because they did nothing. As for calling other pharmacy’s. How can that be pharmacy’s shopping. It’s my money I have the right to purchase what I want. I called public about a epic drug. Supposed to be better and they said they give that to their regular customers. They are putting something in these drugs like a sleeping agent . My stomach is bleeding. It hurts like hell . I never had a problem till they switch and I knew immediately. I was only taking have at a time. Trying to be conservative. I am filing a FDA complaint.”

FG · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 27, 2019

“It seems this is a place to speak out against what is not working. I applaud. However, is there anyone having success with their pain meds? Any success with manufacturer and dosage. Not every thing is going to work for everyone. I understand that. But I would like to hear from some folks that are finding some relief. And thanks to those who have spoke out for what isn't working. It gives a heads up for the rest of us. But please, somebody, share what is working.”

Amy · Taken for 10 years or more July 27, 2019

“I have been taking various opioids for over 10 different painful health issues which I will not go into here, because I would be here all day. A few however are Ankylosing Spondolitis, and Scoliosis. I have been taking pain meds for over 10 years now. I was prescribed 2 different pain meds, but have been reduced to only one now. I chose the lower back pain all the time. Feeling like I have the flu all the time tried not only my physical pain, but also my emotional when feeling this way. They carried the 10 mg pills from a certain manufacturer that were rectangular shaped. COMPLAIN TO THE FDA..they KNOW WE ARE ON TO THEM!! FILE COMPLAINTS, START PETITIONS!!! NONE of the people who control opioid pain meds actually have ANY TYPE OF SEVERE pain! They are INSULTING OUR INTELLIGENCE!!! ”

ellimay July 26, 2019

“acetaminophen with hydrocodone 5/325 dose of LUPIN, TRIS, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and Qualitest do not work for me or anyone I know. Acetaminophen with hydrocodone Brands that did work: Actavis, Watson, Norco and Vicodin. Pharmacy won't stock those; insurance wont pay for them. A few months ago had no current pain drugs with me, away from home. Searched thru purse and found 1 old pain pill. I took it at my usual time...I could not believe it - it actually worked. Looked it up; just as I thought. Old pill has drug in it...new ones I feel sure do not. I have been experimenting with various brands, talking to corporate & compound pharmacists, techs, the FDA, former employees of the FDA, patients, my PC doctor, my Pain Center Nursing Practitioner...they all know this! So for the past year, I was not getting any opioids in my pills anyway! Fine...I QUIT.”

Jasmine1002 · Taken for 10 years or more July 16, 2019

“I'm a pharmacist with migraines and have been taking Watson brand Norco 10/325mg for 10 years. Usually, a 1/2 tab is plenty or 1 tab, if needed. 60 tabs lasts me a year. Just got 30 tabs made by Lupin. An hour after taking 1, I felt like I hadn't taken anything, so I took another. I have never had to take 2! Still no relief. No difference between the different brands? As a pharmacist, who is definitely not addicted or dependent since I rarely take it, I'm telling you this isn't true. I'd like to test the 2 brands' ingredients and the quantities of each. If they have the same amount of active ingredients, the issue could then be the inactive ones. The Lupin brand works for some, but is it because that was the 1st brand they had taken or is it because some people's bodies process inactive ingredients differently? The Lupin brand doesn't work for me and others and it isn't fair that we must suffer because this is the only brand the pharmacy will dispense.”

Mc July 2, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I don’t know was going on but the last bottle I got didn’t work it was a new manufacture Mallinckrodt so many of these manufactures don’t work I Threw them away”

Jg · Taken for 10 years or more June 26, 2019

“I have 2 degrees in nursing and have been taking the yellow norco for well over 15 years. Sometimes I only take 1/2 pill and obtain relief. CVS has changed the manufacturer to lupin. Probably cheaper stockholders will be happy but I am not. Minimal pain relief I picked them up on the 22nd and am so angry. If I knew where I could get these generics analyzed I would do it. Now that I get NO pain relief and I have part d ins through CVS I will be dumping them during open enrolment and hopefully find one that is honorable. osteoarthritis SHAME on cvs !!”

Jose · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have been taking Norco the generic brand for 18 years due to back issues, but my doctor retired and a new doctor tells me that I have an addiction and that I need to stop taking it, so I asked him if he even read my file. I refuse to be in pain and was wondering if I any legal rights, I am 61 years old, worked hard in my younger age, got hurt on my job and now they tell me that I have an addiction ,I take 3 to 4 a day and I don't want to wither away due to pain the rest of my life.”

Scarlet · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2019

“I'm part of the acetaminophen with hydrocodone generic saga. I have had the same bad experience with Lupin brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone . I've been a long-time, non-addict user of Hydrocodone for my Ehlers Danlos pain. Recently, I got my first bottle of Lupin's acetaminophen/hydrocodone from CVS and went into withdrawal +increased pain + my Mast Cell Disorder spiked. Two weeks later I was back to my normal manufacture and went back to my normal. Today I got Lupin meds again and I'm tanking. This manufacturer is not providing the correct dosage and should be removed from the market.”

Nana · Taken for 10 years or more June 11, 2019

“I’m want to share my experience with these pain medications from Lupin. About five months ago I believe I got a bad batch of this medication. I asked my pharmacist CVS why I wasn’t getting any relief from my medications. I was treated like I was imagining it? Spoke with my pain management Dr. he said he didn’t know why this was happening. So I got more injections!? They just don’t work for me. The next month I picked up my script and it was lupin again. I was so upset. I took my first dose and I had pain relief. So I thought will maybe I injured myself or it was just me? Well I’m two days in on the script and here we go again! No relief at all. I have headaches and muscles aches. I don’t get it! I’m wondering if I’m just getting bad batches with little or no medication in them. I have been on the same doses for years. So I know my dose works for me.”

Jacquie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

“The prescription for Hydrocodone 10/325 I got this month from my usual pharmacist was manufactured by Aurobindo, an India company. Recently I saw a documentary on ineffective pharmaceuticals that come from foreign countries and it concerns me considering how expensive they are. I use CVS for my monthly prescriptions. Norco is getting hard to get for chronic pain patients like myself because the DEA is watching it carefully to make sure it isn't causing addiction. It is pretty much all I get any more after two decades of chronic pain. I am going to complain to my pharmacist that this Aurobindo drug is ineffective and very expensive. I am prescribed 3 a day and if I take 3 a day I am still in pain and end up taking more with little relief. I am not a drug addict. I have serious bone issues that require more than Ibuprofen and Gabapentin. I am very concerned about the generic drugs we are given through legal processes.”

Sandy · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

“Lupin pharma acetaminophen with hydrocodone 5mg/325mg tablets with imprint n325 does not work. Got from CVS. I have a lot going on with my back. Spinal stenosis, severe nerve damage, scoliosis etc. so I have severe pain. Tylenol. Ibuprofen aleve tried all. Just helps very little. I even took several of the hydrocodone started with one. Didn't work after waiting an hour no relief. So took another. Nothing. So took another. Nothing. Again. Don't know what to do. Been to 6 orthopedic surgeons. They said surgery would be too dangerous cause of all the nerve damage. One said a 6 inch rod might help. But might not either help. This is so depressing. And the pain is horrible. Can't do anything activities ect. Don't know what to do.”

Nickster · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 18, 2019

“The generic Norco that I have been taking is terrible. I have been taking Norco for a few years now, and this is not like Norco. It makes me dizzy, and spaced out. I have never had this experience with any other generic. A half is just too much! What the hell is in this. If it’s hydrocodone, you missed the mark by a mile.”

Ankle pain, rN May 12, 2019

“I recently started having severe ankle pain (maybe RA, still trying to diagnose) and finally had to resort to asking my awesome doctor for a prescription pain medicine, which I try not to do because of all the hype But pain is pain and it’s real and we need relief. I have taken Norco in the past occasionally for different issues throughout the years but it’s been a couple years since I needed anything. I usually go to pharmacy for everything, they gave me some LUPIN Pharm acetaminophen with hydrocodone, and WOW, they were awful- they don't work ! Didn’t even take any pain away, make my stomach hurt (and I ate an hour before), I had to call my doctor because the pharmacy couldn’t take em back and I was screwed out of my pain medicine because these prescriptions aren’t easy to come by. Thank god I have a good doctor and he worked with me and called Norco in to a different pharmacy that we made sure used a different manufacturer, it was night and day the norco acetaminophen/hydrocodone works ! Within 30 minutes my pain improved tremendously! LUPIN is rubbish!”

Realtorking6869 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 3, 2019

“My pain issues are Severe Congenital Spinal Stenosis of Cervical,and lumbar,Degenerative Disc Disease,Scoliosis, & peripheral neuropathy. The stenosis causing my spine to flatten. I'm new to writing reviews, so please bear with me. My pain management Dr prescribed Norco 10/325. I've always received the brand Lupin Pharmaceuticals which relieve my pain tremendously. Until recently I was given Amneal Pharm, and today Mallinckrodt Pharm both from my CVS Pharmacy. These 2 Companies are distributing trash! If I were to submit Lupin Pharmaceuticals Norco, Amneal, & Mallinckrodt to a chemist he/she would respond with the same results. Those Companies Amneal, & Mallinckrodt are using some type of fillers that has caused their pain medication to be worse than a baby aspirin! It shouldn't matter what company manufactures Norco. They should all be the same, however that's not the case! They'll end up causing people to take more than prescribed, because there's no pain relief! Quit screwing with pain medication! How do these people sleep at night knowing their product is JUNK! THANK YOU LUPIN PHARMECEUTICALS FOR NOT BEING PART OF THE MONOPOLY THE GOVERNMENT HAS CREATED FOR PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC PAIN!”

Jax March 29, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Both Norco and it’s Generic Actavis version 5-300 mg (White Scored Tablets) caused such a reaction that I turned in both prescriptions in to local Police Department Med Drop. CVS noted I could not take Norco, yet one month later they filled a prescription with the Generic form by Actavis, once again I was violently ill. For me Mallinckrodt White Oval Scored Tablet 5-300 mg is a marvel. No side effects whatsoever, just absolute pain relief in 30-45 minutes. Effective up to 5 hours, even 1/2 tablet is effective within an hour lasts perhaps 4-4:30 hours. CVS now only carries LUPIN Pharmaceuticals for Generic Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen 5-300 mg. Agh ! Massive headache, waves of nausea and dizzying lightheaded~No Pain Relief .”

Jax March 28, 2019

“When Brand Vicodin or Lortab became unavailable to my pharmacy, I was switched (by CVS) to Generic brand Mallinckrodt 5-300 mg white oval scored tablet from . For me this worked. No side effects what so ever, just pain relief within 30-40 minutes lasting upwards 5-6 hours. Even when taking 1/2 tablet relief was always welcome. Now CVS has decided that LUPIN Pharmaceuticals will be their supplier for this medication. As of Tuesday, my new pills same dosage, same frequency but oh what a nightmare~ 20-35 minutes in massive headache starts at base of skull moving upwards to crown of head, dizziness accompanied by waves of nausea. As for pain relief, none nothing. Norco and it’s Generic by Actavis is another form of this medication that I had a terrible reaction to, hence off to the “Med Drop” with those as well.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 6, 2019

“Are all of you that are complaining about mallinckrodt have you already filed complaints with the FDA???? I sure hope so because thats they only way they will be stopped. So sure complaining here BUT PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS TO THE FDA! Also do complaints onnTRIS they changed their formula and it no longer works this is sickening!I am gonna be homeless as I had to quit my job due to no pain relief! I know they changed it because I had saved a few pills from prior month and when I took even HALF I felt night n day difference. Yet I called tris and they lie and say nothing changed. They are doing something probably illegal and it also makes my heart race. They are playing with peoples health and lives and its sickening”

Ash · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 1, 2019

“I have Fibromyalgia flare-up pain and migraines. Since I keep seeing reviews suggesting that there must be a significant difference between the generic versions of the same medications, I felt like I might be able to add a bit of insight from not only personal experience but a pretty decent knowledge of pharmaceuticals. There should not be any difference whatsoever between the same dosage of meds from one generic version to another, and I truly do not believe that there is any difference. In general, hydrocodone is pretty effective for me, unless we're talking about kidney stones or something equally intense. Taking it on an empty stomach will definitely increase the strength, but may cause stomach upset for some people.”

Half Pint February 28, 2019

“I have tried a lot of brands of different pain meds for my migraines. Both hydrocodone and oxycodone. There are so many fake medications going around. Not just opiates, heart medication, diabetic meds, blood clot meds...etc. etc. Currently I am getting the A 40 10/325 made by KVK. They are a hit and miss. Some pills will work and others won't..and they are the same pills in the same prescription bottle received from the pharmacy! They even dissolve differently. Some wont melt if you have to hold them in your mouth a second to get a drink...others will melt into a foamy/chalky substance almost instantly! These pharmacies are being allowed to buy from other countries that are not regulated nor have clean working conditions. They sell medicine for dirt cheap and most meds are fake and either have less than active ingredient or none of it. Even worse they are allowed to put any fillers or binders they want in it and OUR PHARMACEUTICALS ARE BUYING THEM TO SAVE MONEY AND COSTING PEOPLE THEIR LIVES!!!”

mbeau4262 February 24, 2019

“I truly believe the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies are working together to make our hydrocodone pills less effective. I have been taking two 10/325 hydrocodone pills per day for the last several years since I have psoriatic arthritis. At first I was able to get the yellow Par pills and they worked really great! When I moved to FL, I could only get the Watson brand and they worked pretty well. In Sept 2018 Walgreens switched to TRIS and they are horrible. Then I tried the Mallinckrodt from WalMart and they're worthless. Then 3 months ago I tried Aurobindo from Costco and found then to work pretty well. However, I picked up my latest prescription on Thursday and they must have changed the ingredients as now they offer no pain relief at all. I agree with the folks who have written that we need to complain to the FDA concerning the quality of the hydrocodone pills we are receiving. This is extremely upsetting that there isn't one single brand available to help with our pain!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2019

“This medicine is the worst I've never felt so sick in my life. My dentist prescribed this for my wisdom tooth extraction and I almost threw up my whole life!!! I don't know why they even give this to anyone period and yes I did eat before talking it!”

skeeter · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 7, 2019

“Like everyone else I was on Watson brand till they sold out. Mallinckrodt is now what every major pharmacy has in our town of 200000, Walmart,cvs,heb to name a few. First of all if you call trying to find another brand they treat you like a drug addict. I'm 70 years old , retired teacher. What is this country coming to when you can't buy a pain reliever that works but you can get all the marijuana you need? The manufacturer of this Mallinckrodt should be investigated. No one in the government seems to care. Big surprise!! I have a prescription for brand name only--guess what ? The pharmacy won't even order the brand name. I still don't understand that, so you can't order brand name. Someone answer that one.”

Kraci · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “I have had times when I've had to take Norco for pain. Most of which was Watson. I had knee surgery Dec 28 and was given Norco 5/325 from Aurobindo pharmaceuticals. I took 2-3 at a time to feel ANY RELIEF. This brand is no better than OTC meds. I never knew until now that different companies use different ingredients. I'm so disappointed in my pharmacy for changing companies at the cost of their suffering clientele.”

Lola · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 9, 2019

“I have been having trouble with my hydrocodone 7.5/apap325 made by Mallinckrodt for awhile but had no idea why. I have herniated discs in my neck and back along with arthritis, migraines, fibromyalgia, and inflammatory bowel disease. When I started taking the one made by Mallinckrodt I saw a significant increase in my inflammatory bowel symptoms, more joint and muscle pain, and and increase in my migraines. Thought it might be the inactive ingredients, and that might be part of it, but there is no way to find out. When I asked my pharmacist, they said contact the manufacturer. You can’t contact the manufacturer either, there is no information on how to contact them. It makes me so angry, because that information is important to someone like me who has a lot of food and drug allergies. I am definitely going to report this to the FDA and to Mallinckrodt.”