User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone to treat Pain (Page 3)

Also known as: Norco, Lortab, Anexsia, Lorcet, Dolacet, Verdrocet, Co-Gesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hydrogesic, Margesic H, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Hy-Phen, Xodol Hycet Dolagesic Zyfrel Theracodophen Low 90 Anolor DH5 …show all brand names

Acetaminophen/hydrocodone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

CasAugustine · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 26, 2019

“This is quick updated to 9/25 post. This is my 3rd month after switching from LUPIN to SUN Pharma Brand. The first month the SUN Pharma Brand gave me relief from pain just as WATSON Brand. No serious side effects such as sedation, anxiety, depression, extreme Exhaustion 24/7, increased pain level, LITTLE -NO relief From pain, etc...all these symptoms using LUPIN BRAND. The second month using SUN Pharma I have pain relief like WATSON brand with NO side effects, except occasionally felt slight sedation. 3rd month the SUN Pharma brand has CHANGED. I am getting less pain relief and Heavy sedation, feels like your coming down with flu and makes it very difficult to physically complete work because you're fighting the sedation feelings. Thank you to all for your informative post. Blessings to Pain Sufferers ❤️”

Dog P October 24, 2019

“I have taken Watson brand hydrocodone and acetaminophen off and on for many years. Watson brand works great but they are no longer making the drug. CVS is buying the worst generics available outside the country. Now they only have Aurobindo brand and it does not work at all!! There are many articles online about constant quality problems with Aurobindo. Why doesn't the FDA do something? Why does CVS buy drugs from Aurobindo, knowing there is constant quality control problems? EVERYONE MUST REPORT THESE BAD DRUGS OR THE FDA CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!! WWW.FDA.GOV/MEDWATCH CLICK ON RED BUTTON FOR REPORT A PROBLEM”

Niagara October 23, 2019

“Chronic pain for years, have taken Hydrocodone with acetaminophen 10-325 with moderate result until a few years ago when the yellow Watson brand went away. Had a reaction to Walgreens generic, sick for a month, rash, headache, it did not work. Then an independent pharmacy provided me KVK brand, had good result with the pain and no sickness but now that pharmacy has closed. Now in my area I can only find Tris, Lupin, Mallinckrodt brands. After researching those brands I can find no positive reviews. Any advice, please post. I hope to find Hydrocodone & acetaminophen that works and will not make me sick or a pharmacy that will provide the KVK brand. whats going on with these generics”

Abriton October 21, 2019

“I have just tried Amneal generic brand of acetaminophen\ and hydrocodone and it is a brand that works well. It seems to last awhile too. Hope this is helpful.”

Limpy · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2019

“I just had hip replacement surgery a few days ago and they prescribed hydro/acetam 7.5/325. I was hoping for some real pain relief as it's a pretty invasive surgery. These were generic and came from "Aurobindo".Initially it provided a little relief but I mostly took it because it made me drowsy and helped to sleep. It never really helped with the pain and after a few days didn't even make me drowsy. I took 2 on a Sunday night and it was a nightmare. No reason to take it if it didn't help so I stopped cold turkey and that was a nightmare, after only 6 days. This was supposed to be a powerful pain reliever so I was just taking 1 every few hours but there was no noticeable relief. My hip has always hurt so I just grunted through the pain knowing it would improve. Jelly beans would have been as effective.”

Dink · Taken for 10 years or more October 16, 2019

“The drug acetaminophen with hydrocodone is not being properly compounded. They are complete junk! Mallinckrodt needs to be shut down! I've been on pain meds for more than a decade and had success til their brand hit the market. I took one one day and felt so strange I called my daughter thinking I was dying. The next time I took it I didn't know I took it.. NO RELIEF WHAT SO EVER!!! PLEASE Y'ALL.. CONTACT THE FDA !!! BRING BACK THE BRANDS THAT HELP - WATSON AND THE YELLOW ONE I DON'T RECALL WHO MADE THOSE. .. BUT THIS BRAND IS CRUD!!”

GRGuy · Taken for 10 years or more October 13, 2019

“Unfortunately, I’ve been on various hydrocodone/apap (acetominophen) combinations since 2001 for chronic pain caused by a gunshot that caused irreparable damage. For about the last 4 years I’ve been prescribed Norco 10/325. All was well until around the end of 2017. My regular pharmacy began carrying a different generic than the previous Watson brand I was receiving. Prior to this, I did have a few occasions where I did receive a different brand than Watson but never noticed any difference in quality (prior to 2014). Since Watson is long gone, I’ve tried probably 4 different generics & they are total garbage. They either had no effect, or too many negative side effects (heavy sedation, nausea, overall lousy feeling, etc). Luckily, my doctor and pharmacist are knowledgeable and do not believe in the “generics are the exact same” philosophy. My doctor recently put me on Nalocet (name brand, made in USA & held to higher standards) & my pain has been properly brought back under control.”

Abriton · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 11, 2019

“I tried Par brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone that I found at an independent pharmacy. It takes 1-2 hours to kick in! The same pharmacy also offers Amneal. Does anyone have experience with this brand?”

hsp1 · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2019

“I went to the ER for extreme pain during my first genital herpes outbreak, and was given some form of hydrocodone at the ER and a prescription. The hydrocodone given to me at the ER helped immensely with the pain but for only about 3 hours, however the prescription for Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen 5-325 did absolutely nothing for my pain, less than just normal ibuprofen. I had to just try my best to sleep through the pain but that was a long and hard night. I have never taken any opioid before in my life, and so this is not a tolerance issue. It just didn't work for me for some reason.”

No relief · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

“I was provided Tris brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone at Walgreens for after surgery pain and I have had no pain relief. Pain level was a 9 out of 10 with the pill. It only last 1.5 hours with minimal relief. I ended up having to take something else with it to try to get a couple of hours sleep. This medicine is not useful at all. I have had Norco in the past for another surgery and it was very effective.”

Frosti · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

“Second day on brand Lupin 0.5 acetaminophen/hydrocodone. It has no pain reliever in it. Gave me a migraine. Why pharmacy’s carry this for chronic pain and makes us sicker? Cost maybe?”

CasAugustine · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 25, 2019

“Like many suffering from Chronic Pain, my pain level increased severely several months ago. Medication that had in the past given me relief were not effective. It felt like a continual severe arthritis flare that would not leave. The pain intensified for several months. Due to arthritis progression and several other medical conditions that cause chronic pain, my Doctors felt my condition was just getting more severe. Never in my life would one think it was the medication from LUPIN acetaminophen with hydrocodone that was the problem. But it was. The side effects were horrific. The minute I stopped taking LUPIN acetaminophen/hydrocodone and got the Sun brand of acetaminophen/hydrocodone I started getting relief from Chronic Pain and the horrific and dangerous side effects including the sleepiness left instantly!”

Abriton · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 21, 2019

“Please post the name of any generic manufacturer you have found that works.”

Sweetie · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone): “Not worth it! Dizziness, lightheaded, nausea & fatigue.”

CasAugustine · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 17, 2019

“Chronic Pain escalated to the point it was unbearable. Chronic fatigue & constant malaise. Arthritis Specialist & Pain Mgt had no answers. Manufacturer for the medication acetaminophen with hydrocodone that I was taking was LUPIN, previously I'd used Watson. I had a few reserve Watson's & tried one. THERE WAS A DRASTIC DIFFERENCE in the Watson and LUPIN!!!! IMMEDIATELY the sleepiness left, the Watson was effective and lasted Long enough to complete chores with a pain level of 2 verses 8 I felt on LUPIN. The next day I tried LUPIN, once again I had serious side effects. Watson is no longer in business. MY CVS Pharmacy Manager found a Manufacturer that manufactured pain medication that is effective without all the serious side effects of LUPIN. Be sure to file concerns with all parties involved. BEST TO ALL PAIN SUFFERS❤️”

shadow · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 10, 2019

“I refilled my prescription a week ago for my regular acetaminophen with hydrocodone, and the pharmacy gave me these pills Mfg is Lupin imprint is n 358 and 10 on reverse side. This is the first time using this brand of pills and they are awful!!! I constantly have a headache and nausea, so much so I actually vomited after taking one. I thought I had a stomach bug or something but I realized it started when I started my new bottle of hydros. and nothing as far as pain relief. Also I feel more tired and depressed. FDA needs to take these off the market.”

Abriton · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2019

“PS to my previous comments, 2019-08-28, 2019-08-26. It seems from reading the 2019 reviews here, that this started this year. I agree. You will see from my previous comments in this page that Mallinckrodt told my pharmacy that they had outsourced their hydrocodone. This may be the reason. The other thing that happened was, I used to pay $20 for 30. Last month they charged me $8! I assume Mallinckrodt offered financial incentives! Please, everyone complain to the FDA, to Mallinckrodt headquarters and your pharmacy if you are having issues with your acetaminophen/hydrocodone. Call round other pharmacies and ask what brand they use. I did, and found a small, local pharmacy that had Par. I will go there. You can ask your doctor for a paper prescription so you can take it where you like. That is what I do.”

Bella · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 4, 2019

“My pharmacy's supplier will not allow my pharmacy manager to order the brand I have always taken. I am outraged. The brand I am forced to take does not work and seems to be making my mouth sore. (Mallinckrodt). It is the only medication change I have had in years. My mouth is so sore it hurts to eat. I've been to my PCP. Nothing wrong he can see. No dental problem either. I think it may be something in the filler aggravating me. My lips go numb too like I've eaten a hot pepper. I think this is beyond ridiculous. I have no idea what to do now. I feel awful. What is in these tablets?”

Hiedi September 4, 2019

“I too have used the Watson brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone and thought it was just me. I am a ovarian cancer patient and the pain can be awful. Because of the cancer I had a partial foot amputation and 2 surgeries for infections and that is when I really noticed without a doubt that the meditation didn't work. They only took the edge of and didn't last 4 hours. If anyone had had their wound packed with gauges and wound care they know how painful it is. I was given 1 pill before and I still screamed when wound changed was done and I was never pain free. Even now I'm never pain free, it just makes the so I can tolerate the pain without screaming. I am told to stay on pain control schedule and still it just takes the edge off. I was pain free in 3 years, and now it just takes the edge off.”

SG · Taken for 10 years or more September 3, 2019

“I’ve been on generic norco acetaminophen/hydrocodone 10/325 Watson for many years same dose and amount a day. Anyone gone to a compound pharmacy to recreate the meds that work? Since Teva bought Actavis and discontinued this med I’ve been on Mallinckrodt and Ameal. Mallinckrodt is awful but Ameal (sp?) didn’t work as well as Watson but side effects were far less than Mallinckrodt. Now I’m having nausea, pain, sleeping and normally I didn’t have any side effects from Watson. How, since these meds are supposedly dangerous, are the government driving out safe American made meds overseas meds that are subpar and no quality? We have to suffer and can’t ask for the right quality safe meds.”

Abriton · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2019

“I have emailed Rite Aid where I fill my prescriptions for acetaminophen/hydrocodone for my osteoarthritis pain, letting them know about Mallinkrodt, which they recently switched to . I asked them if they have analysed these tablets. I told them of all the online complaints. I suggest we all complain to the customer service departments of our pharmacy headquarters. I have just heard back from Rite Aid. They have looked into this and said that they contacted Mallinckrodt who said that they recently outsourced this to another manufacturer! They have lodged a complaint which has to be looked into. They said the FDA will get involved. I urge everyone to COMPLAIN to your pharmacy head office and the FDA.”

Abriton · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 24, 2019

“Same experience as others here. Pharmacy changed supplier of generic acetaminophen/hydrocodone to Mallinkrodt brand which is like a sugar pill! Has anyone has their pill tested for content? I can’t believe it has any pain medication in it. I found other pharmacies that have different brands and will try them.”

Painful bodt August 12, 2019

“So as everyone above! It is sooo sad that we have to suffer because our voice doesn't count!! I am in extreme pain and it just seems like nobody cares? Watson was a great relief for me But now, Nothing just gives me headaches upset stomach and sleepiness? When I wake up pain still there. Not sure what to do as I am truly sick doctors know it! But they have no say in what pharmacies carry! I am upset with Walgreens as I have been with them for 12 years .”

Susan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2019

“I have been taking Norco 10/325 1-2 tabs (Generic) for about a year. I have had great results in controlling my pain. Being an RN, I already knew that this medication has the side effect of causing drowsiness. I usually take it at bedtime to control pain so I can sleep. This is not categorized as a sleeping agent, however, any drug like this that has narcotic in it can make one drowsy.”

Marty · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 31, 2019

“Like others mentioned all 10/325s are not the same. Mallinckrodt M367 help somewhat with pain but just one tab keeps me so groggy I don't feel like getting up and doing anything. Almost like it has a sleeping ingredient in it. Unfortunately that's all my big chain Pharmacy carries. Seems like all of them carry this garbage. I can't recall the brand but yellow oblong ones Z on one side some numbers on other side worked great. Little side effects. Pharmacy those came from switched to another but it's not Malllincrap so maybe it will be better.”