User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression

Underactive Thyroid
7.7

Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 8.5 236 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I started on Armour 2 months ago. I was on levothyroxine for 3 months. I feel like my fogginess is gone (I call it being airheaded:). I'm still in the beginning phase but has anyone lost any weight on these pills??? I watch my diet and exercise (hired 2 different trainers) but have been stuck on my weight. I feel heavy and tired. Supposedly I'm 25-30 pounds overweight. I know if I lose weight it will help with my energy. I'm suppose do blood work next week. If my numbers are normal I think I may try to do a full hormone blood panel test and pay out of pocket."

susanaM (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I became hypothyroid after radiation treatment. I ma still unsure, but I think natural thyroid med is better brain-fog wise, but I experience energy levels yo-yo~ing. I feel lethargic "

lynni-boo February 3, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "After a 3 years of a hellish ordeal with Synthroid, I decided to quit thyroid hormone replacement. Synthroid was literally killing me. The worst I've ever felt. 6 months after stopping Synthroid, I was "allowed" to take NDT. I took Armour for over a year, and while it worked great to suppress TSH, I still had hypo symptoms. After 15 months on Armour, I was accidentally dispensed NP Thyroid without knowing what it was. After I verified it to be an NDT, I took it. After 2 months on NP, I didn't feel perfect, but noticed the sweating was gone and constipation resolved. After 4 months, everything going well, pharmacy corrected their "mistake" and gave me Armour. Back to the constipation/sweating. I had to fight to get back NP. Five months, no excessive sweating or constipation, and I'm dreaming again (yay 4 REM) and taking less naps in the P.M., like I used to do as if my life depends on it. I recommend you try NP Thyroid if you have T4-to-T3 conversion issues. I wish you the best and I hope you regain your life."

Daisy Martinelli (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "The quality of NP is POOR. Hypothyroidism - thyroid not working at all. Switched to NP because Armour’s price shot up with my provider. It took a month to realize that it was causing my eyebrows to thin, my skin to be bad again, and my moods to be all over the place. I’m very weepy. I don’t have a lot of energy. It is supposed to be the same formulation but if it is, why would I experience this? I have a lot of NP, and have been adding an extra pill each day. It helps a little, but I don’t even think that’s enough. I’m unable to concentrate and I just want to sleep! I’m switching back as soon as I run out and my insurance provider will cover the next prescription. They won’t cover the switch right now, because I have a 3 month supply of NP."

GJG ....... (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I feel so much better on Armour. I was up to 180 mg then back down to 135mg over the course of 3 years and still going down, my Naturepath had me go off gluten ...something is reducing my need for more medicine... I have just recently got new insurance January it’s supposed to be covered ...we will see . I got a six month supply before switching insurance but weight is normal, sleep is great, energy good with Metamucil every day constipation not a problem even though I am optimally treated I have really high antibodies I never got those checked before I went ion armour I hope is not because of an allergy"

Beasnest (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I am on this medication do to shortage of Naturethroid, both times the pharmacy switched me to this instead of Armour I get extremely sick. I have been experiencing dizziness, lethargy, I even have circles under my eyes. Very frustrating I work for a doctor and expressed my concern, we won't be recommending this to patients. I have patients who have also complained. I do have celiac disease so not sure if absorption for some reason is an issue."

FrozenBeaner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Not sure yet how I feel after a week. I feel jittery ( not sure if that’s a word)... almost like I can’t do anything right. Scared, emotional. But I do like that I feel less sleepy no headaches from it. So hoping once it gets in my system good this feeling will go away."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I used to be on Armour. The pharmacist changed me to Thyroid NP. I still feel great! No problems at all!"

Nikki VP January 8, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I struggled with this medication. I had intense headaches and ALL of the other side effects."

Drannymiff January 8, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Under active thyroid"

Asiagosia (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was diagnosed with hypo thyroid and my Dr at the time put me on Synthroid and also tried the generic brand but my lower legs started swelling right away and continue to get worse even after three months of trying the medication. So I went outside of the general endocrine system doctor world and went to a integrative specialists and they put me on the naturethroid. I have been on it now for over two years and I feel lucky to have found it ! No more swelling in my legs, all of that went away once I started the naturethroid. I think for me it is much better because I feel like my old self again. I have to manage it and stay up on top of it but you just have to listen to your body like anything else and go to the doctor regularly."

7-Eleven December 29, 2017

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "My hair began to fall within a month of starting nature-throid. I had not been on any thyroid meds prior and although I have stopped taking nature-throid, I have lost about 3/4 of my hair in less than 6 months with zero signs of slowing down. Have cut out inflammatory foods and supplementing as per my naturopath but to no avail. Still fatigued, leg cramps, irritable (all symptoms prior to meds) and now hair loss. Never again and I regret taking nature-throid."

Pam2468 December 2, 2017

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Inconsistent treatment! This medication caused me dizziness, restlessness, cold sweats, sleep problems, as well as concentration problems. While taking it, my function was a roller coaster ride. For a few days it would work and then I would suddenly have some or all the side effects. It took me 6 months to figure out what was causing these issues. The medication seems to have quite inconsistent effects."

Tamara A. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Complete Thyroidectemy for cancer and two HUGE goiters with several nodules; which were crushing my esophagus. Immediately put on Thyroxine and became deathly ill within 2 days. I malabsorb Thyroxine and am severely allergic to lactose, acacia (grass) & sugar. Dr. insisted on increasing dosage, rather than listening to me; as seems to the usual. I am still looking for a Dr. with more knowledge about Armour Thyroid than me, because I am still very ill. But, I would have DIED on Thyroxine and IF I had kept WATCHING my goiter. The surgeon came out shocked by the 'grapefruit' size. Cancer was almost secondary. Drs. aren't even being taught about Armour Thyroid today. So sad and SO FRIGHTENING. Is this a way to kill off more seniors?"

Zerotol9512 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2017

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: ". Tried compounded synthethetic T4 and T3.(the synthetic drug minus all additives, dyes etc.-prepared by a compounding pharmacy and the pure drug is put into a clear capsule) Then tried Armour--much better Lastly tried WP Thyroid. This is a fantastic thing.."

MZG (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "After over 30 years on various thyroid drugs including synthroid, cytomel, levothyroxine, armour, this is the first one that truly made me feel great! Clear thoughts, more agile, etc."

Jeann915 October 28, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I took Armour for 12 years and it worked great. Then they pulled it off the market for several years to reformulate it. It costs about 4 times as much and doesn't work for me at all. Hair loss and makes me extremely agitated. I switched to Nature Throid but now Express Scripts is out of that. I am hoping NP Thyroid works. Maybe Big Pharma be taken down by good government regulations so they can't make all the rules for those of us who need medication."

SkippyUSMC October 13, 2017

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I just had my doses upped and now I am gritting my teeth to the point of having a really bad sore jaw and teeth. Can't eat on the right side at all"

TonyaPTompkins October 12, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Last year, I gained around 20 lbs. in about two months, and I would be fine one minute, the next I would feel like crying. I was losing my hair at an, exponential, rate. For years, I was cold all the time. I had no energy and would run out of breath easily. My Doctor diagnosed me with numerous problems including having Hypothyroidism. She started me on Levothyroxine, which made me ill. As is my way, I did research and found out about Armour. Within two weeks, without my saying a word to her, she told me she was prescribing Armour Thyroid 15 MG. What a difference! I got my life back. I'm now on 30MG. once a day. I am a staunch believer in natural treatment, and Armour is natural."

penwright1029 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2017

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "After 3 years on Synthroid (mostly bedridden), then 2 years on combination Thyroxine/Cytomel which got me up out of bed and moving around. Then, finally, 2 months ago, ofter 5 years of suffering, I was switched to WP Thyroid (Desiccated (dried) thyroid )and I have my live, my energy, my libido, my brain back, and any number of aches and pains throughout my body are gone. Why wasn't I offered this on day one?"

davetrindle (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1999 so Dr put my on levo. I never felt any different as years past symptoms got worse. My levels become worse I then was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis. My weight up and down now up then down. The fatigue was so severe I thought about ending my life. Having two boys that wasn't an option. After years of levo Drs upping the mcg I got sick of it stopped taking it. I could not function on it. It was like a sleeping pill to me. I was bloated all the time my hair was breaking off I made appointment with my dr a few weeks ago. After all these years I told her my issue with levo. Well let's see your number and I'll put you on armour. It's the best ever had. I wake up as though I've slept."

RaeJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease: "Great product. It works great for me."

Kds77 July 22, 2017

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on synthroid it drove me bonkers and took out my hair. I cut out gluten and changed my diet. It all works hand in hand one but, nature-throid changed my health completely around. "

Anonymous July 19, 2017

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Synthroid stopped being effective after a number of years on it. T3 was "normal" but apparently not optimal, as I was starting to have symptoms like I had before starting the drug. Switched to NT in November, now it is mid-July. I feel 15 years younger and symptoms that I didn't even know were related to the thyroid problem have receded. Have lost weight (yes I am working at it, but find it easy) and can walk and pedal for hours instead of sitting on a lounger all day."

ElizaCoop July 18, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "this is my second day of taking Armour. I may have to get used to it. I haven't slept well since I have taken it. I feel very alert and not relaxed. I am going to stick with it since it is more of a balance of t3 and t4, I hope. I was getting no results from levothyroxine."

txmaid July 15, 2017