User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 3 reviews 26 medications

8.1
Underactive Thyroid 107 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 202 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have taken both the generic and Synthroid for 10 years, trying desperately to stop the hair loss. Three months ago my endocrinologist switched me to NP and within 3 weeks my hair stopped falling out. I do still have very dry skin, but otherwise I feel good."

Hestermom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Have taken Armour thyroid for 45 years. Pharmacy switched me to a Acella thyroid np. After a couple of weeks I realized something was wrong. Low energy and just slowed down. Pharmacist insisted that was Armour thyroid! My experience is that acella thyroid is garbage and smells awful too."

Kim L March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "This has saved my life. I was on Levothyroxine for 8 years, and it didn't help my fatigue, pain, insomnia, or weight. I've been on WP thyroid for 5 month and have lost 36 pounds and am no longer at risk for diabetes, and feel like a new person. I still struggle with depression and anxiety, but I feel this medication is amazing."

Mich911 March 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Nature Throid was a disaster for me. I was trying to switch from Armour Thyroid (since it was getting pricey), and had been taking NT for only about a week. They dosage differences were a little tricky, but from the major crash I experienced, you'd think I was taking a placebo. It was as if my body rejected it outright. Much as I hate having to take a more expensive medicine, my doctor advised that I go back to Armour, at least for now."

AmyPope March 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "This medication did not work for me."

bluejeansgirl1980 March 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've been taking Levoxyl brand, not the generic for about 10 years for my hypothyroidism with no side effects. Synthroid & Armour both didn't agree with me...synthroid gave me heart palpitations - at one point I thought I was having a heart attack! And Armour OMG the stench every time I opened the bottle made me want to hurl "

UptownGirlinFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Works well, no side effects. Easy on my stomach."

Ferni's Pal (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "I had my thyroid removed due to cancer 9 years ago. The doctor initially put me on Synthroid in various dosages which didn't work, then levothyroxin which also did not work. It took about a year before we all agreed my body was not absorbing it for some reason. A miserable year. I wasn't sure I would ever get to be "me" again. I was always exhausted, sad, lost my temper to a degree it was scary, and everything took a lot of effort. Depression had certainly set in and I had not experienced that before. Finally a neighbor told me about Armour so I asked for it. Don't believe the Synthroid smear campaign. This stuff works and is cheap! I alternate two strengths daily and a 30 day supply from Costco is about $35."

HLMD February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Oh my god these pills are amazing. I had a friend suggest I look into them and so I went to a naturopath. The difference between levothyroxin and desiccated is huge! Since day one of taking naturally desiccated thyroid I have had energy that I haven't experienced since before puberty and I'm almost 30! I had the flu and a sinus infection as well as a lung infection and I switched over during that time and even though I wanted to rest my body, I couldn't stop cleaning my house. I'm feeling better now of course and the energy hasn't died down. I actually caught up on laundry and as a mother, I didn't think that was possible... I highly recommend this to anyone looking to get more energy."

Alliemac3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I am completely happy with Armour thyroid medication which I use after oblation due to hyperactivity of my thyroid. I was on synthroid but my body wasn't able to convert T4 to T3. Once a thyroid patient you will always have slight fluctuations but overall I feel great!"

Annie MG February 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "do not take this medicine without the supervision of an endroconologist. It was NOT for me"

grAMMy b January 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "works better than armour thyroid"

gswift January 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Naturopath put me on AT August 2014. My TSH was 4.0 but she said I would feel better if we could get it under 2.0. I gained 32 pounds before Christmas. Thought it was stress b/c I had gone back to work full-time in August, after our youngest started college. I went into menopause, had a period every other month for 4 months, and cycle stopped Feb 2015. Also attributed the weight gain to this. I also got insomnia, night sweats, and severe brain fog, also attributed to the menopause. (age 46) I began having acid reflux/heartburn, trying PPI's and eating TUMS. My AT scrip ran out over Xmas 2016, so I took 1 every other day to get by and instantly lost 5 lbs. Heartburn and PM sweats stopped. My period came back! Still losing wt, and fog is gon"

myjenny (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I agree a lot with what others have said. I am currently on 15mg Armour but my doctor tried to put me on 30mg and I didn't realize it right away, I thought I was sick and dehydrated but it was the Armour! It made me sick and I lost a lot of weight and I felt so bad and dizzy like my heart wasn't beating fast enough. It was terrible. She switched me back to 15 mg and I feel good again."

GAD6 December 16, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "This medication changed my life. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism years ago and for five years I was on levothyroxine. Despite taking it every day as recommended, I experienced no difference in my extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and constipation. I was sleeping all the time. Exercise was a nightmare. No longer the energetic person I used to be. I basically wrote that off as my baseline. Then I started reading about different hypothyroidism treatments and beg my doctor to put me on Naturthroid. I now feel exactly how I am meant to - boundless energy when I get up in the morning at all throughout the day, and as a result, my mood has dramatically improved."

Raquella December 16, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I find it very effective much better than synthetic drugs. Feel much better taking it."

Marg93 December 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "VERY bad heart intolerance."

Gimma VERY (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "On Synthroid for a year post subtotal thyroidectomy in 2002, gained 17lbs in just a few months, hair fell out, felt miserable. Switched to Armour in 2003 and got me my life and health back. Compounded thyroid is cheaper so I started using that with no issues until last year, when I was no longer able to get my compounded thyroid as I'm now in the U.K. which only compounds thyroid for animals, not humans. Back on Armour last year and the weight started creeping back up, fatigue set in, cold at night, all the hypo symptoms came back despite my labs looking great. I put on 8 lbs in three months!! Switched to Nature Throid and the weight is coming off again and I feel normal. Forrest Pharma pulled a Martin Shkreli."

Nachtjenevel (taken for 10 years or more) October 30, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for TSH Suppression: "I needed to be on Armour Thyroid because Synthetic Thyroid didn't work on me. I could not convert T3 to T4. Now the company has re Formulated "Armour" and it doesn't work. "NP Thyroid" works Very well."

Jim C. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I'v been on Armour thyroid for over fifteen years except for one year when I had a physician who would not prescribe Armour. Synthroid was a nightmare for me. However, in the last several years, I have noticed a definite difference in each refill of Armour. One refill leaves me fat and moody and the next one may cause me to feel normal and lose five or six pounds effortlessly. This is NOT OK for anyone. A huge price increase and such an inferior, and unpredictable product should make us all angry. Our hands are tied unless we can buy the manufacturer."

Dinky Dodad October 24, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Desiccated thyroid is the only replacement that lets me love a normal, healthy life post-thyroidectomy. I spent a year on Levothyroxine and was utterly and completely miserable and barely functioning physically and cognitively. Desiccated thyroid literally gave me my life back. I took Armour Thyroid for 15 years without issue but they have recently tripled the price, so I switched to Nature-Throid. It is equally as excellent and I'm very happy with it. Can't recommend it enough. I'm in the U.K. Though and we still get ripped off here with regard to all desiccated thyroid drugs as they aren't considered licensed medications, which means I have to pay out of pocket. Worth it though."

Sianita October 18, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was diagnosed with Hashimotis after a thyroid cancer scare and removal of half of my thyroid gland due to growing nodules. All of the symptoms- tired, depressed, weight gain, hair loss, sensitivity to hear and cold, cold extremities- occurred after having my first child and became progressively worse with each of my children. Since the surgery, took Synthroid for 10 years and could not lose weight no matter what I tried. Went to progressive doctor who put me on Armour and I have lost 35 pounds in the past year, mood and energy levels are excellent, and memory and brain function much sharper. My levels are a bit too high/vary, but that is where I feel best and my doctor allows me to stay there. Find a doctor that will listen to you."

TrueThat (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on levothyroxine for over 30 years. This past year i felt like I had been hit by a bus when I woke up in the morning. No energy to do anything, aches and pains in hips, legs and shoulders. I went to my doc and asked her to change my medication to Nature Throid after hearing about it from a friend who has Hoshimoto's. Thankfully my doc agreed and after a few days, my energy was back, the aches and pain are gone. I finally feel human again. I had no side effects. I wish this drug was available years ago. My levo was expensive for a 90 day supply with insurance ($40), now it is only $17 for the same 90 day supply of Nature-Throid."

longtime user of levo September 22, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on Armour Thyroid for a number of years. Am having a hard time getting regulated. Having numerous symptoms-sweats, heart palpitations, dizziness, migraines to name a few. Anyone else experience this?"

des1962 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 17, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "This is an old medication. The price has gone up incredibly and for no apparent reason other then profits for the manufacturer. Medicare programs do not cover this Rx and all my doctors recommend that I stay on this Rx. We are being ripped off!"

Ellencoo (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2016