User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression

Underactive Thyroid
7.8

Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 8.6 225 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "My hair began to fall within a month of starting nature-throid. I had not been on any thyroid meds prior and although I have stopped taking nature-throid, I have lost about 3/4 of my hair in less than 6 months with zero signs of slowing down. Have cut out inflammatory foods and supplementing as per my naturopath but to no avail. Still fatigued, leg cramps, irritable (all symptoms prior to meds) and now hair loss. Never again and I regret taking nature-throid."

Pam2468 December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Inconsistent treatment! This medication caused me dizziness, restlessness, cold sweats, sleep problems, as well as concentration problems. While taking it, my function was a roller coaster ride. For a few days it would work and then I would suddenly have some or all the side effects. It took me 6 months to figure out what was causing these issues. The medication seems to have quite inconsistent effects."

Tamara A. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Complete Thyroidectemy for cancer and two HUGE goiters with several nodules; which were crushing my esophagus. Immediately put on Thyroxine and became deathly ill within 2 days. I malabsorb Thyroxine and am severely allergic to lactose, acacia (grass) & sugar. Dr. insisted on increasing dosage, rather than listening to me; as seems to the usual. I am still looking for a Dr. with more knowledge about Armour Thyroid than me, because I am still very ill. But, I would have DIED on Thyroxine and IF I had kept WATCHING my goiter. The surgeon came out shocked by the 'grapefruit' size. Cancer was almost secondary. Drs. aren't even being taught about Armour Thyroid today. So sad and SO FRIGHTENING. Is this a way to kill off more seniors?"

Zerotol9512 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: ". Tried compounded synthethetic T4 and T3.(the synthetic drug minus all additives, dyes etc.-prepared by a compounding pharmacy and the pure drug is put into a clear capsule) Then tried Armour--much better Lastly tried WP Thyroid. This is a fantastic thing.."

MZG (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "After over 30 years on various thyroid drugs including synthroid, cytomel, levothyroxine, armour, this is the first one that truly made me feel great! Clear thoughts, more agile, etc."

Jeann915 October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I took Armour for 12 years and it worked great. Then they pulled it off the market for several years to reformulate it. It costs about 4 times as much and doesn't work for me at all. Hair loss and makes me extremely agitated. I switched to Nature Throid but now Express Scripts is out of that. I am hoping NP Thyroid works. Maybe Big Pharma be taken down by good government regulations so they can't make all the rules for those of us who need medication."

SkippyUSMC October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I just had my doses upped and now I am gritting my teeth to the point of having a really bad sore jaw and teeth. Can't eat on the right side at all"

TonyaPTompkins October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Last year, I gained around 20 lbs. in about two months, and I would be fine one minute, the next I would feel like crying. I was losing my hair at an, exponential, rate. For years, I was cold all the time. I had no energy and would run out of breath easily. My Doctor diagnosed me with numerous problems including having Hypothyroidism. She started me on Levothyroxine, which made me ill. As is my way, I did research and found out about Armour. Within two weeks, without my saying a word to her, she told me she was prescribing Armour Thyroid 15 MG. What a difference! I got my life back. I'm now on 30MG. once a day. I am a staunch believer in natural treatment, and Armour is natural."

penwright1029 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "After 3 years on Synthroid (mostly bedridden), then 2 years on combination Thyroxine/Cytomel which got me up out of bed and moving around. Then, finally, 2 months ago, ofter 5 years of suffering, I was switched to WP Thyroid (Desiccated (dried) thyroid )and I have my live, my energy, my libido, my brain back, and any number of aches and pains throughout my body are gone. Why wasn't I offered this on day one?"

davetrindle (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1999 so Dr put my on levo. I never felt any different as years past symptoms got worse. My levels become worse I then was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis. My weight up and down now up then down. The fatigue was so severe I thought about ending my life. Having two boys that wasn't an option. After years of levo Drs upping the mcg I got sick of it stopped taking it. I could not function on it. It was like a sleeping pill to me. I was bloated all the time my hair was breaking off I made appointment with my dr a few weeks ago. After all these years I told her my issue with levo. Well let's see your number and I'll put you on armour. It's the best ever had. I wake up as though I've slept."

RaeJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease: "Great product. It works great for me."

Kds77 July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on synthroid it drove me bonkers and took out my hair. I cut out gluten and changed my diet. It all works hand in hand one but, nature-throid changed my health completely around. "

Anonymous July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Synthroid stopped being effective after a number of years on it. T3 was "normal" but apparently not optimal, as I was starting to have symptoms like I had before starting the drug. Switched to NT in November, now it is mid-July. I feel 15 years younger and symptoms that I didn't even know were related to the thyroid problem have receded. Have lost weight (yes I am working at it, but find it easy) and can walk and pedal for hours instead of sitting on a lounger all day."

ElizaCoop July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "this is my second day of taking Armour. I may have to get used to it. I haven't slept well since I have taken it. I feel very alert and not relaxed. I am going to stick with it since it is more of a balance of t3 and t4, I hope. I was getting no results from levothyroxine."

txmaid July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Has anyone encountered problems with their eyes after being on Amour Thyroid. It is curious to me that I feel better than I have in a long time, however, things keep happening to my eyes.. ...First a detached retina, cataracts, and now macular problems. Never had eye problems before and my vision stayed the same as when I was 12 years old until last year when I started Amour. Any connection???"

jodytoo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was taking Armour Thyroid 90mg, and the pharmacy switched me to this NP thyroid as a generic and it was awful experience, was like I wasn't taking anything at all, like they just gave me a placebo or something. Not sure why such a dramatic difference, but this was just my experience, now at the pharmacy you have to specify brand name only by your doctor to make sure you get the Armour Thyroid, pre warning, unless it works for you then awesome."

ADS1988 May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I've been on Armour forever but in the last year found my dosage going up to 150 plus Liothyronine at 30 mcg/day and all of these horrible symptoms coming back and new ones that at first thought were lifestyle-induced due to a career change and a move. That was until I found out that Forrester Laboratories was bought out by Allergan in 2015 and the same issues from the 2008-2009 reformulation are being reported in mass numbers...everything from lab issues, high increases in dosages, chronic fatigue, vision issues, skyrocketing co-pays to hair loss, etc. I checked my bottles this weekend and realized that they all read Forrester/Allergan and will be researching on new natural options and speaking with my doctor on Monday!"

JB2017 (taken for 10 years or more) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was suffering with un-diagnosed thyroid disease for many years and ultimately was Hasimotos disease. I had multiple nodules INSIDE my thyriod gland and a big tumor OUTSIDE my gland that seemed to be running my chemistry in my body! Surgery was not an option, so I was put on Nature-Throid, cut ALL gluten out of my diet, and in three months my thyroid blood levels were perfect and the majority of my nodules were gone. My tumor was totally gone! At first I went on an extreme diet; very similar to Adkins. I have stayed on that, but do have chocolate and natural chips when I want. I consider myself cured...thank-you Jesus!"

GratefulFreya May 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years, I had normal levels for years on my meds yet felt like crap! No energy, severe Joint pain almost debilitating at times, weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, trouble sleeping.. I begged my Doctor to change my meds. She switched me to Nature-Throid and only after a week, I feel so much better joint pain is almost totally gone along with feeling way more energy. I can not wait to see what I feel like a month from now, I feel like I've gotten my life back!"

Teppie April 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Dx with idiopathic hypothyroidism 45yrs ago. At 23yrs ago Dx with Hashimoto's. Is it possible to have both?! Dx depends on doc, seems random. TSH is at 50 whether taking 3 or 4 or 5 or 6++ grains (>200mg) of Armour. (Btw, Synthroid & etc are totally useless.) Also Dx with (seriously bad) Narcolepsy some 35yrs ago...Tried Lyrica about 2 yrs ago because it helps my cousin with hers. "

40yearsandstillnohelp (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was on Levothyroxine for two years with a litany of ailments and conditions. Went on WP Thyroid and got rid of most of the unwanted conditions associated with hypothyroidism."

RLH452 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was on the lowest dose for twelve days and experienced chest pains shortness of breath. Sore boobs early period and muscle weakness..... This drug is great for certain people but if you are borderline hypo like I am I would watch your symptoms closely. Everyone is different though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Been diagnosed with Hashimoto's for over a decade, and started out taking 90 mcg of levothyroxine. As my disease progressed I had to take more and more, and was up to 150 mcg when I started feeling bad: sick and depressed had trouble sleeping. Blood tests showed that my t3's were low, and I had been flogging my t4's to produce more t3's. This may be one of the symptoms of Hashimoto's: an inability to convert t4 into t3. Not a doctor, don't know, but switching to Armor a month ago has made a huge difference in my health. I am not getting those cramps in my hands and feet at the end of the day, and my energy has gone way up. It's still too early to know for sure...one month isn't much....but so far so good!"

atomteori March 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have taken both the generic and Synthroid for 10 years, trying desperately to stop the hair loss. Three months ago my endocrinologist switched me to NP and within 3 weeks my hair stopped falling out. I do still have very dry skin, but otherwise I feel good."

Hestermom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Have taken Armour thyroid for 45 years. Pharmacy switched me to a Acella thyroid np. After a couple of weeks I realized something was wrong. Low energy and just slowed down. Pharmacist insisted that was Armour thyroid! My experience is that acella thyroid is garbage and smells awful too."

Kim L March 9, 2017