User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 3 reviews 26 medications

Underactive Thyroid 114 reviews 32 medications

7.9
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 216 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1999 so Dr put my on levo. I never felt any different as years past symptoms got worse. My levels become worse I then was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis. My weight up and down now up then down. The fatigue was so severe I thought about ending my life. Having two boys that wasn't an option. After years of levo Drs upping the mcg I got sick of it stopped taking it. I could not function on it. It was like a sleeping pill to me. I was bloated all the time my hair was breaking off I made appointment with my dr a few weeks ago. After all these years I told her my issue with levo. Well let's see your number and I'll put you on armour. It's the best ever had. I wake up as though I've slept."

RaeJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease: "Great product. It works great for me."

Kds77 July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on synthroid it drove me bonkers and took out my hair. I cut out gluten and changed my diet. It all works hand in hand one but, nature-throid changed my health completely around. "

Anonymous July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Synthroid stopped being effective after a number of years on it. T3 was "normal" but apparently not optimal, as I was starting to have symptoms like I had before starting the drug. Switched to NT in November, now it is mid-July. I feel 15 years younger and symptoms that I didn't even know were related to the thyroid problem have receded. Have lost weight (yes I am working at it, but find it easy) and can walk and pedal for hours instead of sitting on a lounger all day."

ElizaCoop July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "this is my second day of taking Armour. I may have to get used to it. I haven't slept well since I have taken it. I feel very alert and not relaxed. I am going to stick with it since it is more of a balance of t3 and t4, I hope. I was getting no results from levothyroxine."

txmaid July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Has anyone encountered problems with their eyes after being on Amour Thyroid. It is curious to me that I feel better than I have in a long time, however, things keep happening to my eyes.. ...First a detached retina, cataracts, and now macular problems. Never had eye problems before and my vision stayed the same as when I was 12 years old until last year when I started Amour. Any connection???"

jodytoo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was taking Armour Thyroid 90mg, and the pharmacy switched me to this NP thyroid as a generic and it was awful experience, was like I wasn't taking anything at all, like they just gave me a placebo or something. Not sure why such a dramatic difference, but this was just my experience, now at the pharmacy you have to specify brand name only by your doctor to make sure you get the Armour Thyroid, pre warning, unless it works for you then awesome."

ADS1988 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I've been on Armour forever but in the last year found my dosage going up to 150 plus Liothyronine at 30 mcg/day and all of these horrible symptoms coming back and new ones that at first thought were lifestyle-induced due to a career change and a move. That was until I found out that Forrester Laboratories was bought out by Allergan in 2015 and the same issues from the 2008-2009 reformulation are being reported in mass numbers...everything from lab issues, high increases in dosages, chronic fatigue, vision issues, skyrocketing co-pays to hair loss, etc. I checked my bottles this weekend and realized that they all read Forrester/Allergan and will be researching on new natural options and speaking with my doctor on Monday!"

JB2017 (taken for 10 years or more) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was suffering with un-diagnosed thyroid disease for many years and ultimately was Hasimotos disease. I had multiple nodules INSIDE my thyriod gland and a big tumor OUTSIDE my gland that seemed to be running my chemistry in my body! Surgery was not an option, so I was put on Nature-Throid, cut ALL gluten out of my diet, and in three months my thyroid blood levels were perfect and the majority of my nodules were gone. My tumor was totally gone! At first I went on an extreme diet; very similar to Adkins. I have stayed on that, but do have chocolate and natural chips when I want. I consider myself cured...thank-you Jesus!"

GratefulFreya May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years, I had normal levels for years on my meds yet felt like crap! No energy, severe Joint pain almost debilitating at times, weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, trouble sleeping.. I begged my Doctor to change my meds. She switched me to Nature-Throid and only after a week, I feel so much better joint pain is almost totally gone along with feeling way more energy. I can not wait to see what I feel like a month from now, I feel like I've gotten my life back!"

Teppie April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Dx with idiopathic hypothyroidism 45yrs ago. At 23yrs ago Dx with Hashimoto's. Is it possible to have both?! Dx depends on doc, seems random. TSH is at 50 whether taking 3 or 4 or 5 or 6++ grains (>200mg) of Armour. (Btw, Synthroid & etc are totally useless.) Also Dx with (seriously bad) Narcolepsy some 35yrs ago...Tried Lyrica about 2 yrs ago because it helps my cousin with hers. "

40yearsandstillnohelp (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was on Levothyroxine for two years with a litany of ailments and conditions. Went on WP Thyroid and got rid of most of the unwanted conditions associated with hypothyroidism."

RLH452 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was on the lowest dose for twelve days and experienced chest pains shortness of breath. Sore boobs early period and muscle weakness..... This drug is great for certain people but if you are borderline hypo like I am I would watch your symptoms closely. Everyone is different though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Been diagnosed with Hashimoto's for over a decade, and started out taking 90 mcg of levothyroxine. As my disease progressed I had to take more and more, and was up to 150 mcg when I started feeling bad: sick and depressed had trouble sleeping. Blood tests showed that my t3's were low, and I had been flogging my t4's to produce more t3's. This may be one of the symptoms of Hashimoto's: an inability to convert t4 into t3. Not a doctor, don't know, but switching to Armor a month ago has made a huge difference in my health. I am not getting those cramps in my hands and feet at the end of the day, and my energy has gone way up. It's still too early to know for sure...one month isn't much....but so far so good!"

atomteori March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have taken both the generic and Synthroid for 10 years, trying desperately to stop the hair loss. Three months ago my endocrinologist switched me to NP and within 3 weeks my hair stopped falling out. I do still have very dry skin, but otherwise I feel good."

Hestermom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Have taken Armour thyroid for 45 years. Pharmacy switched me to a Acella thyroid np. After a couple of weeks I realized something was wrong. Low energy and just slowed down. Pharmacist insisted that was Armour thyroid! My experience is that acella thyroid is garbage and smells awful too."

Kim L March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "This has saved my life. I was on Levothyroxine for 8 years, and it didn't help my fatigue, pain, insomnia, or weight. I've been on WP thyroid for 5 month and have lost 36 pounds and am no longer at risk for diabetes, and feel like a new person. I still struggle with depression and anxiety, but I feel this medication is amazing."

Mich911 March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Nature Throid was a disaster for me. I was trying to switch from Armour Thyroid (since it was getting pricey), and had been taking NT for only about a week. They dosage differences were a little tricky, but from the major crash I experienced, you'd think I was taking a placebo. It was as if my body rejected it outright. Much as I hate having to take a more expensive medicine, my doctor advised that I go back to Armour, at least for now."

AmyPope March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "This medication did not work for me."

bluejeansgirl1980 March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've been taking Levoxyl brand, not the generic for about 10 years for my hypothyroidism with no side effects. Synthroid & Armour both didn't agree with me...synthroid gave me heart palpitations - at one point I thought I was having a heart attack! And Armour OMG the stench every time I opened the bottle made me want to hurl "

UptownGirlinFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Works well, no side effects. Easy on my stomach."

Ferni's Pal (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "I had my thyroid removed due to cancer 9 years ago. The doctor initially put me on Synthroid in various dosages which didn't work, then levothyroxin which also did not work. It took about a year before we all agreed my body was not absorbing it for some reason. A miserable year. I wasn't sure I would ever get to be "me" again. I was always exhausted, sad, lost my temper to a degree it was scary, and everything took a lot of effort. Depression had certainly set in and I had not experienced that before. Finally a neighbor told me about Armour so I asked for it. Don't believe the Synthroid smear campaign. This stuff works and is cheap! I alternate two strengths daily and a 30 day supply from Costco is about $35."

HLMD February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Oh my god these pills are amazing. I had a friend suggest I look into them and so I went to a naturopath. The difference between levothyroxin and desiccated is huge! Since day one of taking naturally desiccated thyroid I have had energy that I haven't experienced since before puberty and I'm almost 30! I had the flu and a sinus infection as well as a lung infection and I switched over during that time and even though I wanted to rest my body, I couldn't stop cleaning my house. I'm feeling better now of course and the energy hasn't died down. I actually caught up on laundry and as a mother, I didn't think that was possible... I highly recommend this to anyone looking to get more energy."

Alliemac3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I am completely happy with Armour thyroid medication which I use after oblation due to hyperactivity of my thyroid. I was on synthroid but my body wasn't able to convert T4 to T3. Once a thyroid patient you will always have slight fluctuations but overall I feel great!"

Annie MG February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "do not take this medicine without the supervision of an endroconologist. It was NOT for me"

grAMMy b January 28, 2017