User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

TSH Suppression

Underactive Thyroid
7.5

Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 7.8 244 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was humming along great on naturethroid until I couldn’t get it. Compounded worked great until I had a reaction to a batch. Now I’m On NP thyroid and did fine at first but now have no energy and brain fog. Also skin breakouts and lower immunity. Can’t wait to get back to naturethroid."

Cookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Switched to NP Thyroid after the Nature Throid shortage. It drove my FT3 levels to the top of the range and my FT4 levels below normal. Tired, aching, and weight gain. Now my doctor has cut my dosage because of the high FT3, and my symptoms are even worse. Soon as I can I am switching back to Nature Throid."

Barb123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Horrible! Sounds similar to others experience. Was switched because NatureThyroid disappeared off market. Within a couple weeks noticed a huge shift. Periods became irregular again, eyebrows thinning, hair falling out, insomnia, mood swings, weight gain...the last straw was a trip to the ER for heart attack symptoms last week. Thank goodness, NatureThyroid is available again...and now directly from my ND. Just got back on it yesterday. Looking forward to feeling great again."

acook (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Had been taking 120mg of Armour Thyroid for years when price shot up. I looked for alternative and was on Nature-Thyroid and had no problems when suddenly it disappeared for the market. I went back to Armour but was sick of the price gouging and found NP Thyroid. I have been on it for a month now and have been an utter mess. First week was fine, but then a sudden drop in general well being. I cannot focus, constant fatigue, grogginess, barely able to function, balance is off... just generally horrible. Thankfully I am able to get Nature-Thyroid again and am waiting for the new prescription to arrive. Once it does NP is going in the trash. Avoid... avoid... avoid!!!"

Dave (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was prescribed Armour Thyroid for four years. The first year was great! Felt better than ever before (currently 42 years of age) but at about the two year mark I noticed a difference. My energy plummeted, almost seemed depressed. So I started taking antidepressants. That did not help. So to answer all my problems my doctor kept increasing my Armour Thyroid dose. I went from 60mg to 160mg in a four year period. I could not sleep, I felt depressed, and had absolutely no energy. I went to a cardiologist, and endocrinologist to help see what the problem could be. They both advised me it was the hormones, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and Armour Thyroid medication."

Cbower (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2018

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "So happy with Nature-Throid. I needed a change after 15 years with Levoxyl because my provider wanted to lower that drug’s dosage, which I couldn’t tolerate. Two months into Nature-Throid, I’m feeling very good. I was concerned that I’d experience mood swings, tingling, joint pain and the like, but so far, all I have is a little weight gain."

Arlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for : "I started taking this medication again because Nature thyroid is on back order I'm not happy with this medication as soon as I started taking it my eyes started itching, I feel slow, am very forgetful, also can hardly use the restroom to do #2, I have to be taking Fiber pills. I didn't have any of these problems with nature throid. Also have gain weight instead of losing even though I'm eating less. I didn't have this problem with Nature Thyroid now I know why so many people are switching to Nature thyroid.d"

Mabelh16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism. I had been taking levothyroxine for 7 years and continued to feel awful- always tired and gained weight like crazy. I recently found a new primary care physician and OBGYN that both recommended I try NP thyroid (and selenium) given my continued and worsening symptoms taking levothyroxine. I think my NP thyroid dosage was too high the first time I started taking it because I felt extreme anxiety, my heart racing, little appetite and I would cry probably every other day for no reason. I was taking this 60 mg NP thyroid for 6 weeks. After reporting the side effects I experienced to my doctor, she cut my dosage in half for now and my side effects have subsided. I do have to say that despite cutting the dosage, I am feeling better then I had been while taking Levothyroxine."

ali g (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Really works well. Armour gave me a rash, made me wheezy, etc. WP Thyroid really has been a terrific product for me."

AVM (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I started on Armour 2 months ago. I was on levothyroxine for 3 months. I feel like my fogginess is gone (I call it being airheaded:). I'm still in the beginning phase but has anyone lost any weight on these pills??? I watch my diet and exercise (hired 2 different trainers) but have been stuck on my weight. I feel heavy and tired. Supposedly I'm 25-30 pounds overweight. I know if I lose weight it will help with my energy. I'm suppose do blood work next week. If my numbers are normal I think I may try to do a full hormone blood panel test and pay out of pocket."

susanaM (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I became hypothyroid after radiation treatment. I ma still unsure, but I think natural thyroid med is better brain-fog wise, but I experience energy levels yo-yo~ing. I feel lethargic "

lynni-boo February 3, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "After a 3 years of a hellish ordeal with Synthroid, I decided to quit thyroid hormone replacement. Synthroid was literally killing me. The worst I've ever felt. 6 months after stopping Synthroid, I was "allowed" to take NDT. I took Armour for over a year, and while it worked great to suppress TSH, I still had hypo symptoms. After 15 months on Armour, I was accidentally dispensed NP Thyroid without knowing what it was. After I verified it to be an NDT, I took it. After 2 months on NP, I didn't feel perfect, but noticed the sweating was gone and constipation resolved. After 4 months, everything going well, pharmacy corrected their "mistake" and gave me Armour. Back to the constipation/sweating. I had to fight to get back NP. Five months, no excessive sweating or constipation, and I'm dreaming again (yay 4 REM) and taking less naps in the P.M., like I used to do as if my life depends on it. I recommend you try NP Thyroid if you have T4-to-T3 conversion issues. I wish you the best and I hope you regain your life."

Daisy Martinelli (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "The quality of NP is POOR. Hypothyroidism - thyroid not working at all. Switched to NP because Armour’s price shot up with my provider. It took a month to realize that it was causing my eyebrows to thin, my skin to be bad again, and my moods to be all over the place. I’m very weepy. I don’t have a lot of energy. It is supposed to be the same formulation but if it is, why would I experience this? I have a lot of NP, and have been adding an extra pill each day. It helps a little, but I don’t even think that’s enough. I’m unable to concentrate and I just want to sleep! I’m switching back as soon as I run out and my insurance provider will cover the next prescription. They won’t cover the switch right now, because I have a 3 month supply of NP."

GJG ....... (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I feel so much better on Armour. I was up to 180 mg then back down to 135mg over the course of 3 years and still going down, my Naturepath had me go off gluten ...something is reducing my need for more medicine... I have just recently got new insurance January it’s supposed to be covered ...we will see . I got a six month supply before switching insurance but weight is normal, sleep is great, energy good with Metamucil every day constipation not a problem even though I am optimally treated I have really high antibodies I never got those checked before I went ion armour I hope is not because of an allergy"

Beasnest (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I am on this medication do to shortage of Naturethroid, both times the pharmacy switched me to this instead of Armour I get extremely sick. I have been experiencing dizziness, lethargy, I even have circles under my eyes. Very frustrating I work for a doctor and expressed my concern, we won't be recommending this to patients. I have patients who have also complained. I do have celiac disease so not sure if absorption for some reason is an issue."

FrozenBeaner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Not sure yet how I feel after a week. I feel jittery ( not sure if that’s a word)... almost like I can’t do anything right. Scared, emotional. But I do like that I feel less sleepy no headaches from it. So hoping once it gets in my system good this feeling will go away."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I used to be on Armour. The pharmacist changed me to Thyroid NP. I still feel great! No problems at all!"

Nikki VP January 8, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I struggled with this medication. I had intense headaches and ALL of the other side effects."

Drannymiff January 8, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Under active thyroid"

Asiagosia (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was diagnosed with hypo thyroid and my Dr at the time put me on Synthroid and also tried the generic brand but my lower legs started swelling right away and continue to get worse even after three months of trying the medication. So I went outside of the general endocrine system doctor world and went to a integrative specialists and they put me on the naturethroid. I have been on it now for over two years and I feel lucky to have found it ! No more swelling in my legs, all of that went away once I started the naturethroid. I think for me it is much better because I feel like my old self again. I have to manage it and stay up on top of it but you just have to listen to your body like anything else and go to the doctor regularly."

7-Eleven December 29, 2017

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "My hair began to fall within a month of starting nature-throid. I had not been on any thyroid meds prior and although I have stopped taking nature-throid, I have lost about 3/4 of my hair in less than 6 months with zero signs of slowing down. Have cut out inflammatory foods and supplementing as per my naturopath but to no avail. Still fatigued, leg cramps, irritable (all symptoms prior to meds) and now hair loss. Never again and I regret taking nature-throid."

Pam2468 December 2, 2017

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Inconsistent treatment! This medication caused me dizziness, restlessness, cold sweats, sleep problems, as well as concentration problems. While taking it, my function was a roller coaster ride. For a few days it would work and then I would suddenly have some or all the side effects. It took me 6 months to figure out what was causing these issues. The medication seems to have quite inconsistent effects."

Tamara A. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Complete Thyroidectemy for cancer and two HUGE goiters with several nodules; which were crushing my esophagus. Immediately put on Thyroxine and became deathly ill within 2 days. I malabsorb Thyroxine and am severely allergic to lactose, acacia (grass) & sugar. Dr. insisted on increasing dosage, rather than listening to me; as seems to the usual. I am still looking for a Dr. with more knowledge about Armour Thyroid than me, because I am still very ill. But, I would have DIED on Thyroxine and IF I had kept WATCHING my goiter. The surgeon came out shocked by the 'grapefruit' size. Cancer was almost secondary. Drs. aren't even being taught about Armour Thyroid today. So sad and SO FRIGHTENING. Is this a way to kill off more seniors?"

Zerotol9512 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2017

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: ". Tried compounded synthethetic T4 and T3.(the synthetic drug minus all additives, dyes etc.-prepared by a compounding pharmacy and the pure drug is put into a clear capsule) Then tried Armour--much better Lastly tried WP Thyroid. This is a fantastic thing.."

MZG (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "After over 30 years on various thyroid drugs including synthroid, cytomel, levothyroxine, armour, this is the first one that truly made me feel great! Clear thoughts, more agile, etc."

Jeann915 October 28, 2017