User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

TSH Suppression

Hashimoto's disease
7.5

Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 7.7 255 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Np thyroid med make me feel very depressed Very emotional dizzy feel like I'm dying. I can't sleep. Always hurting all over my body. Urine track infection out of no where. I'm going to Dr ASAP to tell him to get me off this meds."

Tina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Pharmacist substituted Armour RX with NP two months ago. I didn’t notice because I didn’t read the label (12+ years taking the same thing.) weight gain, headache, equilibrium/balance off, blurry vision, joints ache, picking up a pitcher of water difficult, memory issues. I’ve missed 4 of the last 5 days work (I’m rarely take leave) because driving the hour to work is too exhausting. Only realized the switch yesterday when I called the pharmacist to request replacement pills-figured I had a “bad batch” of Armour."

CBM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I've been taking NP Thyroid for the last 6 months and am completely happy with it. It reminds me of what Naturethroid was when I was taking it after getting off Synthroid following a thyroidectomy. Prior to NP I was given the generic version of NP which is Levothyroxine/Liothyronine and felt terrible on it..it reminded me of Synthroid. They were both terrible, the generic version of NP and Synthroid both make my hands and legs swell up, I gained weight on both. If you are on the generic version of NP then you are NOT taking NP by Acella. I was also on Naturethroid after getting off Synthroid and did great on it, even lost half the weight I gained while on Synthroid and felt 100% better within just months of being on it and then a shortage occured and thats when I had to switch over to NP. I definitely feel as good as I did when I was on Naturethroid."

Mimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I just discovered that the pharmacy substituted my Armour with NP. I have been feeling depressed and having brain fog shortly after switching and now I know why. This stuff if garbage!"

Linda Lou (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Diagnosed w/hypothyroidism in 2013. I am 49 yo female. I had tried different meds prior to Armour Thyroid (AT). I have the best results with AT Unbeknownst to me Walgreen pharmacy switched my AT for Levothyroxin/Levothyronine (L/L) I was distracted w/relocating my family & trusted Walgreen pharmacy would continue my medication. Symptoms began headaches, very dry brittle hair & dry skin, gained 20 lbs, heart pounding. July 10,2018 I realized prescription was L/L instead of AT I went back to Walgreen & inquired why. I was told L/L was generic for AT I called my old Pharmacist. He told me the drug is synthetic & not the same as AT. It is now Aug. 26-2018 and I've been back on AT since July 10-2018 I lost 21 lb I feel great! I neglected to pay attention to my prescription medication."

Lee August 28, 2018

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Best results with a thyroid medication."

Notnamed (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for : "Best results I have ever had with a thyroid medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I had been on nature throid for over 5 years but changed this month to np. My bp has mysteriously gone up in the past year so decided to give NP thyroid a try to see if my blood pressure stabilizes and so far so good! It's been only a few weeks so in 8 weeks I shall see how it goes but I am pleased thus far. It seems nature throid has a huge amount of fillers my body just can't tolerate at least that is my conclusions. Everyone is different but I definitely don't want so many fillers in my meds all my life!"

Crissy (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I never write reviews, but want to share my experience with NP Thyroid by Acella. I have many of the same problems listed here already. I have taken thyroid replacement for 20 years. I had been on Armour for years, my dosage is closely monitored as my blood levels fluctuate a lot. My doctor switched my dosage and the pharmacy filled it with the generic NP Thyroid instead of Armour. We have new health insurance. I decided to try it, maybe it would help keep my levels more steady. Three weeks in and this is the worst I have ever felt mentally. I have never been so depressed in my life. I have dealt with anxiety, but this is different; hopeless, weepy with a dark depression. I have gained over 10 pounds and all I want to do is sleep. The confusion and brain fog are almost scary; I can't remember or figure out simple things I do every day. Maybe if I could give it more time, my body would 'adjust', but I had to call my doctor to go back to Armour. There is no way I could take the NP another day."

Anonymous August 16, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "This medication may as well be a placebo. I only took it because of the NatureThroid shortage and I’ve been miserable the whole 90 days. No energy, brain fog, and raging insomnia (hence this review at 4:58 am, after finally falling asleep at 1am) and now screwed up menstrual cycles to add to the joy "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was unwilling to wait any longer for nature thyroid to get their new production facilities up and running so I switched to NP thyroid. I've been using it for only a couple of weeks, but the transition was completely seamless. I'm sleeping much better and feel well. The biggest surprise is I no longer have problems moving my bowels. On nature thyroid I would need the aid of stool softeners and other products and would still struggle to produce 3 or 4 bowel motion's in a week. Now, on NP thyroid I go effortlessly a minimum of TWICE daily like clockwork. I have never been this regular. Very happy with NP thyroid!"

katydid (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid: "After being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I was started on generic synthroid. It did absolutely nothing to relieve symptoms. I asked to be switch to Acella NP Thyroid and it has made all the difference in the world! At one point there was a disruption in supply and I was forced to try highly overpriced Armour and boy what a disappointment that was. I had to take more Armour to even get partial symptom relief. Was overjoyed when I was able to get back on the Acella NP Thyroid which works best for me and is soooo much less expensive!!!"

AuntieDee (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was humming along great on naturethroid until I couldn’t get it. Compounded worked great until I had a reaction to a batch. Now I’m On NP thyroid and did fine at first but now have no energy and brain fog. Also skin breakouts and lower immunity. Can’t wait to get back to naturethroid."

Cookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Switched to NP Thyroid after the Nature Throid shortage. It drove my FT3 levels to the top of the range and my FT4 levels below normal. Tired, aching, and weight gain. Now my doctor has cut my dosage because of the high FT3, and my symptoms are even worse. Soon as I can I am switching back to Nature Throid."

Barb123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Horrible! Sounds similar to others experience. Was switched because NatureThyroid disappeared off market. Within a couple weeks noticed a huge shift. Periods became irregular again, eyebrows thinning, hair falling out, insomnia, mood swings, weight gain...the last straw was a trip to the ER for heart attack symptoms last week. Thank goodness, NatureThyroid is available again...and now directly from my ND. Just got back on it yesterday. Looking forward to feeling great again."

acook (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Had been taking 120mg of Armour Thyroid for years when price shot up. I looked for alternative and was on Nature-Thyroid and had no problems when suddenly it disappeared for the market. I went back to Armour but was sick of the price gouging and found NP Thyroid. I have been on it for a month now and have been an utter mess. First week was fine, but then a sudden drop in general well being. I cannot focus, constant fatigue, grogginess, barely able to function, balance is off... just generally horrible. Thankfully I am able to get Nature-Thyroid again and am waiting for the new prescription to arrive. Once it does NP is going in the trash. Avoid... avoid... avoid!!!"

Dave (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was prescribed Armour Thyroid for four years. The first year was great! Felt better than ever before (currently 42 years of age) but at about the two year mark I noticed a difference. My energy plummeted, almost seemed depressed. So I started taking antidepressants. That did not help. So to answer all my problems my doctor kept increasing my Armour Thyroid dose. I went from 60mg to 160mg in a four year period. I could not sleep, I felt depressed, and had absolutely no energy. I went to a cardiologist, and endocrinologist to help see what the problem could be. They both advised me it was the hormones, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and Armour Thyroid medication."

Cbower (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2018

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "So happy with Nature-Throid. I needed a change after 15 years with Levoxyl because my provider wanted to lower that drug’s dosage, which I couldn’t tolerate. Two months into Nature-Throid, I’m feeling very good. I was concerned that I’d experience mood swings, tingling, joint pain and the like, but so far, all I have is a little weight gain."

Arlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for : "I started taking this medication again because Nature thyroid is on back order I'm not happy with this medication as soon as I started taking it my eyes started itching, I feel slow, am very forgetful, also can hardly use the restroom to do #2, I have to be taking Fiber pills. I didn't have any of these problems with nature throid. Also have gain weight instead of losing even though I'm eating less. I didn't have this problem with Nature Thyroid now I know why so many people are switching to Nature thyroid.d"

Mabelh16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism. I had been taking levothyroxine for 7 years and continued to feel awful- always tired and gained weight like crazy. I recently found a new primary care physician and OBGYN that both recommended I try NP thyroid (and selenium) given my continued and worsening symptoms taking levothyroxine. I think my NP thyroid dosage was too high the first time I started taking it because I felt extreme anxiety, my heart racing, little appetite and I would cry probably every other day for no reason. I was taking this 60 mg NP thyroid for 6 weeks. After reporting the side effects I experienced to my doctor, she cut my dosage in half for now and my side effects have subsided. I do have to say that despite cutting the dosage, I am feeling better then I had been while taking Levothyroxine."

ali g (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Really works well. Armour gave me a rash, made me wheezy, etc. WP Thyroid really has been a terrific product for me."

AVM (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2018

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I started on Armour 2 months ago. I was on levothyroxine for 3 months. I feel like my fogginess is gone (I call it being airheaded:). I'm still in the beginning phase but has anyone lost any weight on these pills??? I watch my diet and exercise (hired 2 different trainers) but have been stuck on my weight. I feel heavy and tired. Supposedly I'm 25-30 pounds overweight. I know if I lose weight it will help with my energy. I'm suppose do blood work next week. If my numbers are normal I think I may try to do a full hormone blood panel test and pay out of pocket."

susanaM (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I became hypothyroid after radiation treatment. I ma still unsure, but I think natural thyroid med is better brain-fog wise, but I experience energy levels yo-yo~ing. I feel lethargic "

lynni-boo February 3, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "After a 3 years of a hellish ordeal with Synthroid, I decided to quit thyroid hormone replacement. Synthroid was literally killing me. The worst I've ever felt. 6 months after stopping Synthroid, I was "allowed" to take NDT. I took Armour for over a year, and while it worked great to suppress TSH, I still had hypo symptoms. After 15 months on Armour, I was accidentally dispensed NP Thyroid without knowing what it was. After I verified it to be an NDT, I took it. After 2 months on NP, I didn't feel perfect, but noticed the sweating was gone and constipation resolved. After 4 months, everything going well, pharmacy corrected their "mistake" and gave me Armour. Back to the constipation/sweating. I had to fight to get back NP. Five months, no excessive sweating or constipation, and I'm dreaming again (yay 4 REM) and taking less naps in the P.M., like I used to do as if my life depends on it. I recommend you try NP Thyroid if you have T4-to-T3 conversion issues. I wish you the best and I hope you regain your life."

Daisy Martinelli (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2018

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "The quality of NP is POOR. Hypothyroidism - thyroid not working at all. Switched to NP because Armour’s price shot up with my provider. It took a month to realize that it was causing my eyebrows to thin, my skin to be bad again, and my moods to be all over the place. I’m very weepy. I don’t have a lot of energy. It is supposed to be the same formulation but if it is, why would I experience this? I have a lot of NP, and have been adding an extra pill each day. It helps a little, but I don’t even think that’s enough. I’m unable to concentrate and I just want to sleep! I’m switching back as soon as I run out and my insurance provider will cover the next prescription. They won’t cover the switch right now, because I have a 3 month supply of NP."

GJG ....... (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018