User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 6)

Also known as: Nature-Throid, Armour Thyroid, NP Thyroid, Westhroid, Thyroid Porcine, WP Thyroid, Bio-Throid

TSH Suppression 7.8
Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 6.3
Hashimoto's disease 6.0
Underactive Thyroid 5.7
Thyroid Cancer 5.2
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 5.9 461 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

KK · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 10, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Switched from Levothyroxine to NP Thyroid in Aug 2017 and have been very happy with response - finally feeling a bit normal and lost some weight. But this last refill the smell and taste is AWFUL!! Like others have reported, I called Acella and got the standard answer that it can very from batch to batch - but I’ve been on it for 2 years and it’s never been like this! Hope they get it straightened out soon!!”

Donna September 8, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I was told NP thyroid would be the best route to go having both T3 and T4. Even though I kept upping my dose, I gained 25 pounds and felt tired more often. Doesn't work for me.”

Karen September 6, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “ I am going through the same thing as other reviewers plus so many more side effects. I am stopping this np thyroid it has made me very ill.”

EW September 4, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I stopped taking NP Thyroid after my symptoms got the best of me. Aches, dry eyes, fatigue. When I called Acella, they said, "batches can be different but the standards are the same." I told them to raise the bar. Their new "batch" smells horrible, tastes even worse, has a different size and look, and makes me feel worse than ever. How can that be acceptable?”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I too have noticed a different smell from my new prescription from August. They didn't smell pleasant to begin with, but this is down right putrid. I have also been experiencing heart racing and chest pain. I just recently developed rashes that come and go. What happened to NP thyroid. Where can we get answers?”

petunia · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have been on this for about 3 months, I lost some weight in the beginning but now I've noticed I'm super hot all the time I feel short of breath sometimes and I have also noticed the cat urine smell. Going to see functional thyroid specialist, hopefully I will get on track.”

Amaya · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 3, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “NP thyroid was great for about a year (I finally got optimal after the whole WP/Nature shortage/reformulation!) but only up until last month or so. Now I (along with many others, see stop the thyroid madness website/blog) are not so sure about it. I’m on 120+90mgs. The pills I got are completely different from previous...grayish & speckled instead of solid smooth yellow-ish no speckles, previously hardly any odor, and new ones are also noticeably thicker in size. And the smell. Like insecticide mixed with cat urine...yuck! Called Acella, and they basically dismissed my concerns stating from a scripted answer that color/odor could change from batch to batch and that nothing has changed. Keep an eye on this one!”

Rachel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I live in Austin TX and have been taking NP thyroid 30 mg by Acella for about a year since Nature Throid became unavailable. The refill I picked up a few days ago definitely smells and tastes disgusting— cat urine is a good description. I took it for one day and it seemed to upset my stomach. I had my pharmacy take a look at it and they said that indeed it smelled bad, opened a new package and gave me a new refill. When I got home, I opened the bottle and same thing— smells so horrible and tastes disgusting so I didn’t swallow it. I have left messages with Aracella customer service but no call back yet. If anyone else wants to call their number is 678-325-5189. I’ll let you know if they get back to me.”

CherPrincess · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 3, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for TSH Suppression: “This batch SMELLS. I dry heave every time.”

Not Happy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 1, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Was okay. Not like WP, but I was getting my life back after the RLC debacle. Now, in August 2019, they changed it. Of course Acella denies it, but you cannot argue with the pill physically changing and smells of ammonia. They almost seem like they have been tainted. All hypo symptoms returned with a vengeance on just one day of this “non-reformulated formulation.” Just trying to swallow the pills caused burns on my tongue, throat, stomach and intestines.”

Maria K. Benning · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 31, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “My God, the smell and taste of this reformulation are disgusting. WTH?”

Ann · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 31, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I was on Armour for several years after still feeling horrible on Synthroid. At first I felt better, then the last 2 yrs my TSH kept inching up & I went thru menopause. I also started experiencing horrible body aches (told I had fibromyalgia) and joint pain like I had arthritis. Gained 25lbs in a year and extreme fatigue. In Jan I was told I was in menopause at 43. I saw an new endocrinologist in June. She switched me to Tirosint and said all my symptoms were from Armour dosing was inconsistent. According to her, not every pill has the same levels. I switched to Tirosint and all the body aches stopped. No more being in pain! However, my menstrual cycle returned after 3 years of no periods. Now I am starting birth control pills since the bleeding won’t stop. I believe Armour put me in menopause.”

E v · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “New batch has a horrible horrible cat litter smell, thicker pills and speckles on it! Different formula for sure especially after consuming it my thyroid is super swollen and I’m having body aches, something I get when I eat dairy or food I am not suppose to! This is unacceptable. I tried reaching out my phone and email to Acella and no answer! We want answers now!!!! This is harming us patients with this auto immune disorder. If you want your moneys worth, give us something worthy, please we’re begging you we need this medication to stay alive and in good shape for the sake of our family and jobs!”

Cucan2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Just got new script and it smells and taste horrible . Terrible aftertaste . Brushing teeth don’t even help . Took one dose this morning . Calling pharmacy and doctor as soon as they open .”

Robs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I am in a hashimoto's support group and there's a big red flag right now about acella's np thyroid. People are reporting a return to hypo symptoms, and that the pills have changed in smell, appearance and taste. I know I was feeling great but as of my mid-summer refill, have gone downhill with symptoms. Acella says they haven't changed anything. Then why are the pills different (size and has flecks in appearance)? This would be the 4th ndt thyroid med to suddenly change and sending goodness knows how many people back into sickness. Don't let this go unresearched!”

Babs · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 27, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I took levothyroxine for over 2 years without any improvement. Armour after 6 months felt like a miracle. I think what works for some does not necessarily work for everyone. Armour has been wonderful. I have nails, my hair stopped falling out, I've lost weight, I have energy, am "myself" for the first time in years. No side effects after a year of use. It was certainly worth a try and glad I did.”

Jackie August 27, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Been taking this for years and suddenly it smells and tastes HORRIBLE! I thought I got a bad batch. Anybody else?”

El · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 27, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Something changed with this med and I now feel achey all over. And the odor of cat urine is a great description. What happened????”

Aggy · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Have been taking NP for a few years but my recently refilled prescription smells and tastes horrible. I can’t even describe it. Has anyone had these issues recently?”

Maxee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 22, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I just read someone mentioning their NP thyroid tasting/smelling like cat pee/urine, I’m having same experience! I have been taking it for almost a year and it has never had this taste/smell. I don’t know if this is related but I popped up a couple days ago with hives in armpits and other mild itchy rash on arms, calves, back, belly but I also just discovered fleas on my dogs so not sure what is causing this. But why does it smell like urine?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Was prescribed this medication for hypothyroidism. My doctor and I agreed on this one because I would only have to take it once a day as opposed to twice a day which sounded great. Started waking up with really bad headaches (I take other medication 2x a day to control migraines so I thought I was getting sick) but then my knees started hurting really bad and swelling. I stopped taking the medication and a few days later the headaches went away and my knees felt better..”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Felt great on it for the first two weeks, nails grew, my hair didn’t fall out then I started having severe anxiety, dry skin, waxy growths on my forehead and strange veins appearing on my legs. I’d snap at the drop of a hat and have fuzzy thinking. I stopped and switched back to Levothyroxine, still dealing with the initial hair loss of starting Levo but I’m so much happier, more energetic and not moody. Legs veins have disappeared. I’d never recommend T3 or NP thyroid to Anyone.”

Gi August 14, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I've been taking it for a few days but it makes me feel worse than before, even more tired, no energy at all. I thought I was going to feel better. Some people say they lost a lot of hair.”

Carrie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 14, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I'm here today to find out if anyone else has noticed a urine-like taste/smell from their NP Thyroid tabs lately? I've been taking NP Thyroid for years now, and I feel as well on this almost as well as I did on Nature Throid, which is my overall favorite. But I never tasted this before. My thyroid journey: Nature Throid was unavailable in my area for a quite a while and did Armour, but it was expensive, so I was offered NP. All of the natural options have made me feel better than Synthroid EVER did in the 17 years I took that. No one checked my free T3 back then, nor told me I had an autoimmune disorder. My doctor just said you have an underactive thyroid, here, take Synthroid.”

Biggie B · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 12, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I have used almost every desiccated thyroid med out there. Armour was great until forest labs ruined it, Nature throid was the best until RLC ruined that and now after 3 bad batches of NP Thyroid this refill is working great. Nice to finally get something that works without side effects. NP is working as well for me as the old Naturethroid used to work. Started losing weight, improved energy and feeling a ton better. Hope the next batch is this good. Makes you wonder why the manufacture screws this stuff up all the time making those of us who need this to feel better.”