User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 3)

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 2 reviews 24 medications

Hashimoto's disease 56 reviews 22 medications

8.1
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 181 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I started taking armour in November 2015. The first couple of days I felt more tired. But after 4-5 days, I wasn't tired throughout the day. I lost 6 lbs in that month. But then when I started my refill, all the weight came right back on. Is it possible for a whole batch to be bad?? Or did my body regulate to that dose?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I just started Armour today and I'm on cloud 9! Was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago with Hashimoto's and have been on 3 different meds. 1st Naturethroid, next Levoxyl, then on to Synthroid. All gave me HORRIBLE side effects. I felt like I was putting poison in my body every morning. But today I feel like I hit the jackpot with Armour. Feel like my old self again.... I have energy, no body aches, and I can think clearly!"

lynny1231 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Was on Levothyroxine and I noticed some improvement, but still felt symptoms. We increased the dosage and noticed improvement, but still not quite right. Over time my symptoms returned and I was continually complaining that my dosage was not right, even though my numbers were within normal limits. My doctor recommended the switch to armour. The first week I wanted to die, I couldn't stay awake, I had constant headaches, I was irritable. After 5 days, I was ready to call the doctor and get taken off...and then MAGIC happened happened. Week 2 I had energy, I started to sleep better, no headaches. So far so good. I am hopeful!"

KWdub December 2, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on Levo meds and I felt like I was over loaded with hormones. I would have outburst of anger and sadness. Gained 10lbs in 6monthes, insomnia etc. These behaviors were abnormal for me. I switched to Armour meds and in one month I lost 3lbs , sleep well and have not had any mood swings."

Anonymous November 12, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "Started on Levo/Synthroid after surgery a year ago. Had lots of leg pains and just didn't feel good. Then tried Armour - better but still didn't feel right and still had leg pains. Now I am on Nature's Thyroid - feel much better and no leg pains. I have increased to 2 grains started at 1 and 1/4. Feel more like my old self. I was starting to get really depressed thinking this was my life now always feeling subpar. I even regretted surgery and remnant ablation . I hope this continues but for anyone who has absolutely no thyroid I recommend you take something that more mirrors your body's natural thyroid. Your thyroid does so much more for your body than you realize. A synthetic T4 only product is not going to cut it in the long run for us."

KA7894766 October 29, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "No side effects. Was clenching teeth on Synthroid. Very pleased with Nature-throid. $21 without insurance. Happy"

Brenda N (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been using this product for 30 days! LOVE It!! First time in over a year that I don't have to take a nap at some point in the day. I have also naturally lost a few lbs! Which is great too since I've gained 50in the past 5 yrs with no initial root cause. Find a Dr that looks at everything! Your vitamin levels minerals and serotonin levels on top of thyroid. I take the med in the am with water that had Lugols iodine drops in it. I'll keep you updated on future effects."

Krist10 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was on synthroid for a year and noticed zero improvement. Got off it for a few years then started again and developed angina like chest pain out of nowhere when exercising. I felt tired and miserable as always. Begged my doc to Rx naturethyroid. After being on it 3 months I realize how much better I feel. No more waking up feeling like crap, no more muscle aches, no more fatigue. Headaches have improved drastically. More energy to work out. No puffy creased eyes when I wake up in the morning. Appetite is good again and I can eat what I want again while maintaining my weight just fine. I am 5,8" and 135 lbs and only exercise twice a week but am able to eat 2000 calories a day, sometimes more, and have gained no weight. Just like old times!"

Rrrrrraquelie September 26, 2015

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've been on thyroid medication 49 years, I spent my first 38 on Synthroid and various t4 formulas, I could not stand the up and down of Synthroid, it never was steady. Every time I went to the Dr. It was adjusted, it could not regulate me and most Dr's. Just played with raising and lowering the mg levels. Finally a person I new told me I should see her Dr. I did, and that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with Armour Thyroid. I've never felt better, my bad symptoms went away, and I feel almost human. It holds me steady for longer periods. sometimes the patient knows best, regardless of what the blood tests say. Armour contains unknown ingredients that can't be isolated into a synthetic pill form, Armour is natural, and best."

Mamad1 September 19, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "This medication has had the adverse affect for me. After being diagnosed with Hashimoto's, my doctor expected that this medication would help me with brain fog, energy and tiredness. I experienced the opposite. Within a few days of taking the 60 mg dosage I felt worse. I began sleeping extremely heavy, had a huge amount of trouble waking in the morning, and could barely keep my eyes open past 8:30pm each night. I gained five pounds in two months even though I had improved my eating habits and exercise. I began getting these dull headaches on the top of my head. I became extremely irritable with everything which is not my normal disposition. Dr told me to stop taking immediately and is prescribing Nature-throid. Will see how that goes."

Alb1103 September 9, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've been on Synthyroid or Levothyroid for over 50 years. I asked my endo for Armour because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've been on Armour for 3 months now and can't believe how much better I feel. Have not had any side effects."

Thepan007 September 2, 2015

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I started taking a very low dose back in the summer of 2014 I was walking 3 miles a day. After about 3 weeks I could no longer walk like I use to due to the pain in my neck! I went for test, Heart, blood work they found nothing I took myself off Armor in Jan 2015 I started feeling better I would never take this drug again."

catdogman August 7, 2015

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "NP is the best NDT on the market today. I have tried EVERYTHING. Was suggested this by Mayo Clinic in MN. I would give it a "10" but it's very very hard to get exactly right....you will have ups and downs. Which technically isn't the fault of the medication. Don't increase your dosage too quickly...happened to me a few times. BE PATIENT and RESEARCH. It will take time to get back to "normal". Good luck and DON'T QUIT!"

DZG333 July 31, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "There is a level of inconsistency in its quality and in its potency. I have tried taking it in different ways. Starting with swallowing it (cause immediate bloating). Tried it sublingually and finally crushing it. Again, I have found some difference in the way it crushes. Some are crumbly (more potent) and some are sticky (same batch). One whole box was totally useless. I didnt realise this immediately. Side effects kept increasing with each dose and I kept feeling tired, nauseated, and lacked energy. This effect wore out 4-5 hrs after taking the pill and felt almost back to normal. I opened a new batch and things improved withi 2 days..less side effects and more energy levels. Other side effect is sweet taste. I will try a different brand"

No-nickname-is-accepted-all-in July 13, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Ditto all the positives written by other reviewers. I don't understand why it was nearly impossible to get the clinic to prescribe.... I was so miserable on synthroid which I struggled with for 8 mo...with worries of health issues growing. I quit. And for the next six years at every doctor appt. I flat out refused synthroid. I think one of the 20 plus fillers was the issue. Doing my own research I begin requesting Nature Thyroid. Was told the clinic only prescribed synthroid. 16 months ago I won! And have been happy since on NT. UNBELIEVABLE then when I moved and my new doc in different state suggested I change. No way. I'm very happy with Nature Thyroid and think the medical profession is 75 years behind the times."

Sa gun (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid: "Since starting on desiccated thyroid (about 6 months ago) I have more energy than I have had in years. Now I can hike and bike in the same week whereas before I would feel completely exhausted after an activity and need days to recover. Ten years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism my lifestyle changed completely from active to sedentary, my sex life ended and I became a shew. I pray that I am at the end of that nightmare, thanks to a simple change in medication."

RJay56 June 11, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "In February 2014, Forest Laboratories, the makers of Armour Thyroid, was bought by the drug company Actavis for $25 million. I recently finished a batch that I had on hand since May of 2014 and was doing quite well with no side effects. As soon as I started a new batch that I purchases in October of 2014, I noticed the difference within a few days: I started itching, being warm and lacking sleep. Before I was sleeping very well regularly while now I'm having a lot of trouble. I think that I will be looking for some other alternative after I see my doctor, preferably Nathroid, and Westhroid. Why would Actavis change the composition of a good product and make it worst? After being a 'happy' individual with Armour for several years, it's time to move on."

Beppe June 3, 2015

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Dr put me on Armor Thyroid after taking me off Levothyroxine and Armor has done absolutely nothing in the way of making me feel better. I was taken off Levothyroxine because I felt as though I had bugs crawling on me so Dr took me off if it thinking I my be having a reaction to the medication. Since then, talking to my personal trainer who recommended that I see a his Dr who specializes in thyroid & hormones. I visited new Dr today they drew 5 vials of blood which they will test all levels of my thyroid, hormone level as well as any and all complete blood work including cholesterol. I'm awaiting an appt next week for results. Levothyroxine gave me great energy but lots of itching. Armor is out for me....no results in feeling better."

Sanzum June 3, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "When I was not on any thyroid medication and when I was on Synthroid, I felt lethargic, mentally slow, uninterested in life, appathetic, at times depressed, I had no energy for doing anything, nor did I have a desire to do anything - especially interacting with people (this felt overwhelming), I also had unwanted weight gain. When I finally switched to NDT, within a few days of raising my dosage to current level (4 grains), I noticed a huge difference in my personality, I started to enjoy listening to the radio in the car again and singing like mad (I hadn't even noticed that I had stopped doing that before), and I started to care more about friendships, going places, being part of activities, I stopped feeling depressed and I lost weight!"

Vickie Seeley May 29, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "After being on Synthroid for years, I went to a wellness clinic and was put on Nature-Throid. I cannot believe the difference it made in my life. I finally have my life back! The head fog is gone, my energy level is back and the depression has subsided also. The only thing Synthroid did for me is change the numbers on my thyroid blood test, nothing else. I would NEVER take Synthroid again."

Farmer T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2015

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on synthroid, levothyroxine and then finally armour thyroid. synthroid and levothyroxine I was on both for 6 months to 1 year. No change in my thyroid and it also made me a bit crazy, I would have anger out bursts for no reason. Once I went on armour thyroid within the first 3 months my levels were getting better, we bumped my dosage up to 120 and my levels are now perfect. I feel so much better on armour thyroid than I ever did on the other 2."

mrsD92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I changed from Levothroxine to Armour in the last two weeks. I feel so much better in this short amount of time. I'm not so bloated and something just didn't feel right with the Levothyroxine. I have only been taking it two weeks, but the way I feel is good. I take 30 of Armour."

thyroidy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Westhroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have been on Westhroid for two weeks versus Synthroid off and on for four years. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos this month. Westhroid had me feeling like myself within a week. Synthroid had me miserable, nauseous, constant headaches. Westhroid is for me. I am glad I went the biologic way and I am taking my health back."

Cherokee C April 15, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "take 4.5 grains a day. So much better than levothyroxine."

ZoeRochelle April 11, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "My experience with Nature Throid has been very positive from the very first dose. Increased energy was immediately noticed. After 6 months of continuous use, I began to lose weight. The shoulder and neck pain associated with my thyroid disorder decreased tremendously. NatureThroid alone is not enough. I must take vitamin and mineral supplements to further lessen my symptoms as well as avoid certain foods and drinks."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2015

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next