User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 3)

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 3 reviews 26 medications

Hashimoto's disease 60 reviews 24 medications

8.1
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 197 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Prescribed 1 grain split day-time dosage of armour thyroid. After 2nd day, each time I took the 1/2 dosage I had slight sore-throat and eyes itching and irritated, this happened every time and became progressively worse daily until 8 days later, I could not take the side effects anymore and had to stop taking it. Allergist tested positive for allergy to egg whites and dairy. I had ingested both of these products in one way or another on the days that I took the armour so figured it was the egg/diary allergy and not the armour. Allergist took skin/oral test with the armour and no signs of an allergic reaction to it, tried it again, 1 hour after each dose same symptoms, no more armour for me!!! Now I seem to be allergic to everything!!"

electriclade (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've been taking Armour for several years now. Somewhere along the line all of my symptoms such as constipation, weight gain and trouble losing weight, hairloss, trouble falling asleep despite being extremely tired, low energy, headaches, brain fog, etc came back with a vengeance. My endo sees nothing wrong with my labs and tells me it must be something I'm eating. I went along with this theory until one day I went online to find out why my prescription cost went up so much. Much to my surprise I stumbled across many others like me complaining of symptoms coming back despite labwork being in range. Everyone noticed the changes came about when Forest sold! I'm switching doctors and hope to find another medication!"

whatashame February 26, 2016

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Thyroid Porcine (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Since taking NDT, I have done away with my constant nausea and headaches due to the synthetic form of T4. Our body's NEEDS T3 if we are unable to convert, end of story. I am sick of being treated for a number (TSH) instead of how I feel. I am on Thiroyd by Greater Pharma, and am greatful every day for my decision to self heal"

arugala February 16, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Been on Armour Thyroid for 10 years -- after taking Synthroid for three. Noticed an immediate improvement in my health as soon as I started taking Armour. Absolutely LOVED Armour until a few years ago when the formula (or something) changed. Now I am OK with Armour, but detests the huge price increase (3-month supply for $19 -- now $99 for 3-month supply). Reading this website to find alternatives to Armour because the price increase is ridiculous. Also, the quality is not the same!"

TexasCruezing February 4, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Had taken Armour Thyroid for 20 years but starting 2 years ago I experienced brain fog, aches and pains which was thought to be fibromyalgia, no energy, severe headaches, insomnia and hard to get out of bed and always tired. I have taken many tests, scans and seen many Doctors during that time and couldn't find an answer to my complaints. I felt like I was loosing my mind and in desperation began searching the Internet and came across information about Armour. I understand Forest Labs bought Armour in 2014 and Actavis bought them in 2015 - lo and behold!!! I saw complaints which were identical to mine and quit taking them on Sec. 22, 2015. I felt better within 2 days and am angry that I lost 2 years of my life."

Anonymous January 31, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "synthroid did not work well feel much better now on Armour Thyroid"

Jb1960ab (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Four years of misery thinking I had food allergies when I was allergic to the FILLERS in the Armour thyroid medication. The side effects included: 2 different rashes on my scalp and behind my ears, excessive sugar cravings, depression, suicidal thoughts, after eating my stomach hurt all the time, couldn't eat anything without getting diarrhea. I went to several doctors and not one suspected the Armour thyroid medication. I figured it out! When I stopped taking it the side effects went away immediately! The rashes a little longer but started clearing up right away. Now, I'm trying the thyroid hormone ONLY without fillers. The interesting thing is my insurance won't pay for it because it comes from a compounding pharmacy not BIG PHARMA."

Queen of Everything! January 25, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on Levothyroxine for years (17). I have 7 thyroid nodules, and my physician is monitoring them closely. I begged my doctor to try Armour as I was so depressed, brain fog and felt the worst ever. I was put on 90 grains of Armour, within 6 months my tsh was .04. I was having tremors and racing heart. Apparently my body is extremely sensitive to Armour. I am now transitioning back to Synthroid/Levothyroxine and hopefully t3. Over the years your body changes (of course) - listen to your body. Everyone is different. Good luck"

T' January 25, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Took Naturethroid successfully for 3 years, 32mcg/day. Developed Hashimotos with a small thyroid nodule. Increased dosage by 16.25 mg 2x/ week. Dr did not do a follow-up check on serum T3 levels. Toxicity after only 6 months - weak, lung tightness - faint, developed food allergies very quickly. Scary experience which has lingering effects 1 month later. Switched Tirosint which has no fillers &T4 only. Working ok so far."

×xx January 20, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I might have taken to much but it gave me symptoms of a stroke after 7 hours in the ER they said my levels of T4 were really high I think it was 7 as I had been on the 90 mg day from 30mg so maybe I went up too fast"

tina louise (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Doctors will always try to put you on synthroid which is poison that has the worst side effects and once I started on Armor I could see the dark cloud leave. I still notice that I can only use a half of batch before I need to buy more because it went bad and I am still trying to get the perfect dose but I feel so much better with armor than the synthroid that doctors suggest. I only wish I could buy armor in Colombia SA because now I must go to the states every month to pick it up."

johnny H (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I have only 1 lobe of thyroid after having a weird mass. For 2yrs the thyroid seemed to do ok. Then bamm I became underactive. I flat out told my Dr NO synthetics. I wanted to try Amour. I have been taking NP Thyroid for almost 3 weeks. I do feel somewhat better but have noticed an extreme swing in my mood for a hour or so after taking it. Also I feel like I wanna eat like there is no tomorrow"

GracieGurlee (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Underactive Thyroid: "Felt terrible on synthetic t4. Switched to Dessicated and instantly improved. Now I would like to try LDN to see if it can normalise my immune system (reduce antibodies), instead of bandaiding the problem. I fear I will have to battle with the Doctors and Endocrine again about what I think might be best for me. Worth a shot I think."

njsykes (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was just diagnosed with underachieving thyroid. My labs have been low for quite some time. Trying to heal my leaky gut in hopes of getting my thyroid issues better. Well after working on it for 6 months with a Functional Medicine NP it wasn't better so I just started armour 30mg. Today is day 1 for me. Hoping many of the symptoms I suffer will get better. I really don't want to be on this. The symptoms I have are early am waking, low sex drive and anorgasmia, cold but sweating, fatigue, muscle loss, muscle weakness, dry skin, thinning hair."

trl1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Underactive Thyroid: "Hello! Today is my first day on desiccated thyroid. I have been on Levothyrozine for 24 years. What a ride. As I dig in and learn more about the whole of Hashimoto's , Hypothyroidism - - I can tell you there was a time in my life about 15 years ago, that I felt great. however I also know that I was even more diligent than I am now with what I eat. For the last 7 years, I have felt off - just failing in being ME per se. And the last year, has been excruciating. I finally said, Enough and have started the Natural Thyroid, I will also be cutting sugar out of my diet and limiting grains, as well. It is my pray that I will come to you to report...I am back on the top of the world...and this time..taking it even higher in to being ME!!!"

NETTEFH December 15, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "It took a full 15 months of treatment plus adding a low dose of an antidepressant and topical progesterone for me to see the full benefits of armour. I became hypo shortly after menopause, experiencing severe fatigue, sleepiness, a 9lb weight gain in spite of poor appetite and low calorie intake, dry thinning hair and nails, depression, coldness, no libido. My face took on the typical dull thyroid expression with pudgy features and the outer third of my eyebrows missing. I had high cholesterol, yet my TSH showed normal at 1.9. My GP just said to "watch it" while I grew progressively worse. After 15 months on armour, I've finally settled on the right dose and I feel young and great again!!"

stit60 December 14, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I started taking armour in November 2015. The first couple of days I felt more tired. But after 4-5 days, I wasn't tired throughout the day. I lost 6 lbs in that month. But then when I started my refill, all the weight came right back on. Is it possible for a whole batch to be bad?? Or did my body regulate to that dose?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I just started Armour today and I'm on cloud 9! Was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago with Hashimoto's and have been on 3 different meds. 1st Naturethroid, next Levoxyl, then on to Synthroid. All gave me HORRIBLE side effects. I felt like I was putting poison in my body every morning. But today I feel like I hit the jackpot with Armour. Feel like my old self again.... I have energy, no body aches, and I can think clearly!"

lynny1231 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Was on Levothyroxine and I noticed some improvement, but still felt symptoms. We increased the dosage and noticed improvement, but still not quite right. Over time my symptoms returned and I was continually complaining that my dosage was not right, even though my numbers were within normal limits. My doctor recommended the switch to armour. The first week I wanted to die, I couldn't stay awake, I had constant headaches, I was irritable. After 5 days, I was ready to call the doctor and get taken off...and then MAGIC happened happened. Week 2 I had energy, I started to sleep better, no headaches. So far so good. I am hopeful!"

KWdub December 2, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on Levo meds and I felt like I was over loaded with hormones. I would have outburst of anger and sadness. Gained 10lbs in 6monthes, insomnia etc. These behaviors were abnormal for me. I switched to Armour meds and in one month I lost 3lbs , sleep well and have not had any mood swings."

Anonymous November 12, 2015

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "Started on Levo/Synthroid after surgery a year ago. Had lots of leg pains and just didn't feel good. Then tried Armour - better but still didn't feel right and still had leg pains. Now I am on Nature's Thyroid - feel much better and no leg pains. I have increased to 2 grains started at 1 and 1/4. Feel more like my old self. I was starting to get really depressed thinking this was my life now always feeling subpar. I even regretted surgery and remnant ablation . I hope this continues but for anyone who has absolutely no thyroid I recommend you take something that more mirrors your body's natural thyroid. Your thyroid does so much more for your body than you realize. A synthetic T4 only product is not going to cut it in the long run for us."

KA7894766 October 29, 2015

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "No side effects. Was clenching teeth on Synthroid. Very pleased with Nature-throid. $21 without insurance. Happy"

Brenda N (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been using this product for 30 days! LOVE It!! First time in over a year that I don't have to take a nap at some point in the day. I have also naturally lost a few lbs! Which is great too since I've gained 50in the past 5 yrs with no initial root cause. Find a Dr that looks at everything! Your vitamin levels minerals and serotonin levels on top of thyroid. I take the med in the am with water that had Lugols iodine drops in it. I'll keep you updated on future effects."

Krist10 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Was on synthroid for a year and noticed zero improvement. Got off it for a few years then started again and developed angina like chest pain out of nowhere when exercising. I felt tired and miserable as always. Begged my doc to Rx naturethyroid. After being on it 3 months I realize how much better I feel. No more waking up feeling like crap, no more muscle aches, no more fatigue. Headaches have improved drastically. More energy to work out. No puffy creased eyes when I wake up in the morning. Appetite is good again and I can eat what I want again while maintaining my weight just fine. I am 5,8" and 135 lbs and only exercise twice a week but am able to eat 2000 calories a day, sometimes more, and have gained no weight. Just like old times!"

Rrrrrraquelie September 26, 2015

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've been on thyroid medication 49 years, I spent my first 38 on Synthroid and various t4 formulas, I could not stand the up and down of Synthroid, it never was steady. Every time I went to the Dr. It was adjusted, it could not regulate me and most Dr's. Just played with raising and lowering the mg levels. Finally a person I new told me I should see her Dr. I did, and that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with Armour Thyroid. I've never felt better, my bad symptoms went away, and I feel almost human. It holds me steady for longer periods. sometimes the patient knows best, regardless of what the blood tests say. Armour contains unknown ingredients that can't be isolated into a synthetic pill form, Armour is natural, and best."

Mamad1 September 19, 2015