User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 3)

Also known as: Nature-Throid, Armour Thyroid, NP Thyroid, Westhroid, Thyroid Porcine, WP Thyroid, Bio-Throid

TSH Suppression 7.8
Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 6.3
Hashimoto's disease 6.0
Underactive Thyroid 5.7
Thyroid Cancer 5.2
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 5.9 459 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

LAD January 11, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking this drug 4 days ago. Yesterday, I started having tremendous bloating in my upper abdomen. It feels like a balloon that is filled to the max and could pop. I’m in so much pain, my back is even hurting. I have horrible acid reflex. I feel incredibly nauseous. I have severe diarrhea. I cannot drink or eat right now. I feel clammy off and on with a horrible headache. I’m also very achy. I did speak to my Doctor yesterday and she said to stop taking it. I have, but still no improvement. This is so painful.”

Littlet · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have noticed a change in health within 2 weeks of a change in taste on the Batch of NP Thyroid I received. It changed on October 2019. It appears a sweetener and something else added to the pills. More fillers and less medicine. I even enquired at the pharmacy that I got it from if there was an ingredient change. They checked the computer and said no. I haven’t felt well since the change.”

MakaKoa · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I was noticing symptoms of rapid weight gain (bloated face, etc), extreme fatigue, lethargy, high sensitivity to cold, constipation, high cholesterol, etc. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and put on this medication (NP Thyroid) from my general practitioner. I've began having increasing nausea, anxiety, and irritability, rapid heart rate, and haven't noticed any improvements to the original hypothyroidism symptoms. I'm going back to my doctor and requesting a change in medication.”

Mopac · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 5, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Started on Levathyroid. (spelling) Changed to desiccated Thyroid. Went from "the blob on the couch, to better than before removal. The NP is GREAT.”

Sick&tiredofbeingsick&tired · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have been on armor 180mg almost 11 years I Tried Synthroid first. My TSH was 195 I was 26. When I started it put me into a a MAJOR craze I still don’t know what. It felt like I had bugs crawling in my skin and can’t stress enough how horrible it was. I feel like the last 10 years of my life are a blur I just kind of tolerated it I lost the weight I gained. Way too terrified to try any other medication after what I went through I just dealt with it. Fast forward to 2019 I FEEL TERRIBLE despite my TSH actually being a little hyper because of suppressing my goiter I got from my TSH being 195 I now have gained 50 pounds my hair is now falling out again I’m sore everywhere. I barely get out of bed I can’t think remember anything vision is rapidly declining I am in such bad shape that I’m actually going to the doctor to ask him to switch me to a T4 only medication to see if this helps I can’t take being bed ridden anymore it’s got to the point to where I can not even work anymore.”

Shern · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have just changed from dessicated Thyroid to the new ones filled at Costco now I am having constant GERD . I rarely have had GERD. And this stuff smells and tastes like cat urine! Ready strong cat urine. I am sleepy all the time again, where do we contact someone to look into this? What's going on?”

jody · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I had RAI (antibodies for Graves and Hashimoto's). It worked for me until they recently retooled the plant. I'm not sure why there is a change in the product, but I've had a dramatic drop in T3 / T4 blood test. Below the lowest number acceptable. I ache all over. My hair is dry and brittle. I have put on 20 pounds over the last few months. I am so tired! Why did they change something that worked?”

Eileen · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I lost over 60 lbs when WP thyroid was working before the remanufactured product. My thyroid was like it used to be before my thyroid problems started. But then the labs lied. And changed the formula. And it is garbage. Don’t use WP thyroid. It’s like my thyroid is worse now. I had to triple the dose and it still isn’t enough. Throw away your new WP. I would like to take legal action against the manufacture. We have been lied to and now we have physical harm on top of it. ”

Amy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 27, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I just spoke with the fda . People need to fill out the medwatch form online . If enough people do this it then the fda will investigate .”

Sels · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 20, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “This medication has done wonders for me, good and bad. My energy level went up and I lost a ton of weight. I’m actually underweight now. But over the past month my mental health has suffered greatly. I’m so depressed and anxiety ridden. I blow up over everything and just feel utterly hopeless. It’s scary how much I don’t care about anything anymore. Is there anyone else that feels this way?? I honestly don’t know if it’s my regular life stress or this medication.”

Mojave · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 15, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Been on Armor Thyroid since 2010 when my doctor switched me from Levoxyl. I did really well for many years, up until about 6 months ago, when I began feeling differently, and most recently a very concerning heart palpitations situation. I'm hoping that the switch my endocrinologist just made to Synthroid will be helpful, as I'm very uncomfortable and concerned. Not sure when the manufacturer went from Forest to Allergan, but wondering if that's the problem, and if anyone else is experiencing similar effects.”

destal3 · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 7, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Manufacturer clearly changed the formulation. Ingredients are different and it doesn't work--I hate when they do this. In 2017-18 they did it to NatureThroid and before that they changed Armour several times. People rely on this medication and manufacturers could CARE LESS! Awful!”

ReviewX · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 7, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I have used this without a problem until I refilled my prescription in October. I have become increasingly sick since taking this bottle. It started with a flu/cold that wouldn't go away, then horrible stomach pains, and then the fatigue set in, where I literally could not get out of bed. In addition, I had abnormally high blood pressure. I went to a few doctors who had no answers until one day I noticed when taking my NP that it tasted different. I might have noticed it before but disregarded it. I did some research online and found that the specific batch I am taking which is M330E19-1 is on the STTM website list of problematic batches. I discontinued it today and will switch to Armour. It's becoming harder to get reliable desiccated thyroid.”

Abba · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Switched from Nature throid to NP Thyroid last summer and was delighted, it worked great. However, this new refill, obtained fall of 2019, has been terrible. My body exhausted, my brain non-functional: all my symptoms came roaring back with a vengeance. Scary. I read somewhere they were getting their raw material (pig thyroid) from a new supplier, which clearly is not working. Please get it together, NP, you are losing customers in droves.”

Owl · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 5, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I agree something is wrong with NP thyroid. The smell/taste of my last prescription is awful. I’ve been on the same dose for over a year with no issues and at my last physical my TSH went from 1 in June to over 10 in November and I do not have a thyroid gland anymore. Something is wrong with this medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 3, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Was on NP 1.25 grain, had to up it since a change was made at Acella, not sure what that was. My TSH went up to 2.68, felt poorly, no energy. Now take a 1.5 grain plus .25 grain. Feel good. Don't really care about the smell, not sure what my numbers are yet, will check in a few weeks.”

PM Exhausted · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “If I could list -1 as a rating. I would. Proceed with caution with this medication. I did not know what was happening me until I spoke with two mutual friends over the holiday weekend. The confusion, depression, exhaustion, unable to sleep, rapid heart beat is the short list. I started NP Thyroid in May of 2019 and reached out to my doctor to switch me back to my RX in October. I've been on my old script for less that a month but my symptoms are still present. Gained 15lbs quickly and joint pains are overwhelming.... my life has been affected! Be Careful...please!”

Psalmist · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 29, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have been taking NP thyroid For about 2 1/2 years. I have no thyroid it was removed due to cancer many years ago. I always thought it tasted nasty and smelled bad. But it had worked very well up until August 2019. I have gained 7 pounds unexplainably. I am super careful about my diet low carbs healthy etc. Please whatever you have done as a company change the dynamics back on the NP thyroid. It once worked!”

Ann · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 27, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Something is very wrong with NP thyroid. My stomach hurts very bad on it now. My TSH blood level went from .14 to 9.48, T4 is .8 from 1.0, T3 is 97 from 114 all in 5 weeks on it. The medication smells like a cleaning product and like poison. Something is not right with this new formulation and FDA needs to look into this medication what are the dark specks and what is in the medication. Why did they have to change something that was already good? Now I don't know what to take.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I was on Synthroid for 14 years after my thyroidectomy (thyroid cancer). My body stopped absorbing Synthroid medicine. My dr prescribed NP Thyroid & I figured, great something new and I’ll finally feel better. The exact opposite happened. I had diarrhea for 2 months every single day (I’ve never had stomach issues), Heart palpitations & I was tired all the time. Talked with my dr this week & we checked my levels. My T3 & T4 we’re dangerously low. For 2 months the medication didn’t work at all. I called the pharmaceutical company today to put in a complaint & am waiting for someone to call me on a recorded line. It’s alarming to read all of these comments and hear that we all have similar issues. I’m a working mother who needs to have my medicine to function. I’ve missed work, sporting events & time with my family. Please look into these ingredients, fix them or remove this medication from the market.”

missy · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 21, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have had Hashimoto's since 1998. Synthroid never worked for me, so doctor switched me to Nature Throid, which worked miracles after only 2 months. When there was a shortage on Nature Throid, I switched to Armour. I have been on Armour 5 years. At first I felt great on Armour, but within the last 1 1/2 years, something has changed. All my symptoms returned September 2018. Have gained 25 lbs, hair & eyebrow loss, brain fog, and extreme fatigue, etc. I would bet money that Armour has changed the formula again but won't admit it. The pills do not smell or taste the same. Fess-up Armour!! Going to doctor in 2 weeks to try a different NDT. Stay strong!”

Kashismom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 21, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I was on Naturetroid for quite a long time and was doing great until it wasn't available then switched to NP Thyroid for the past year or so. The NP Thyroid has giving me horrible insomnia, heart palpitations, terrible anxiety and many more symptoms. I was so grateful to find this site and read everyones reviews because I didn't really put it together until I started digging. I don't know what I'm going to do now for meds but I am not staying on this any longer. The last few batches have been really bad, I've been feeling much worse. Thank you all for writing !”

Luz · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Do to low thyroid was on Armour 60 mg for 1 year my numbers were good 2-4; however it is expensive. Wanted to try NP Thyroid less expensive, 1 less filler went on it for 3 months went in for lab work. NP had not worked my number was back to 45 the level I was on before I started thyroid meds. Now I have to go back to Armour 90 mg to work towards a normal range. On NP felt lethargic, fell asleep in afternoon, gained 8 lbs.”

Shesok · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 18, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have been taking Armour since Feb 2014. No significant weight changes (47 yo) in past years. Suddenly had foggy brain in December 2018. Retested and Endo changed my dose up by 7.5 mg. Which helped. Have been recently been experiencing same effect in last 2 months. Endo says my levels are normal, certainly don’t feel normal though. Will be going in soon for reeval. Not sure Armour is normal levels....”

chelbym · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 17, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I've been on NP Thyroid for over 18 months, after having a terrible experience with Synthroid. For this entire time, it's always tasted like peanut butter. Weird, I know. After some adjustments on dosage, my levels improved continuously. Recently, it's begun tasting like ammonia, cat urine. My stomach rebels and I cannot keep the medication down. I'm concerned about switching brands, but at this point, it's better than nothing. I'll be contacting the company and my pharmacy.”