User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 2)

Also known as: Nature-Throid, Armour Thyroid, NP Thyroid, Westhroid, Thyroid Porcine, WP Thyroid, Bio-Throid

TSH Suppression 7.8
Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 6.3
Hashimoto's disease 6.0
Underactive Thyroid 5.7
Thyroid Cancer 5.2
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 5.9 458 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Mpc3 · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I had a total thyroidectomy 13 years ago. I was put on Synthroid, or generic versions. I only noticed some paranoia/anxiousness with those over the years. About a year ago, I started feeling like I was taking the meds for nothing, as I was tired, foggy, etc. I went to see a new doctor who prescribed Armour Thyroid & suggested “2 grains” which is two pills. I took one to start & it made me totally anxious. I started taking half and made myself stick with it for a week. I had been having headaches to begin with. I decided to up to one pill & have done that for about 5 days. I am totally foggy, my body aches, I’m extremely anxious. I’m not taking this anymore. I feel disconnected like I’m not even myself. I hope to go back to my previous doctor and start back on Synthroid. I’m happy Armour helps so many people, but unfortunately I am not one of them. ;(”

Armour is amazing · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 18, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: “I love armour thyroid! I have lost all the weight I gained from levothyroxine! I hated it! Armour has given me back my life! I have energy like normal and can think clearly and my body doesn’t ache.”

Jason · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I've been on Armour Thyroid for years and felt fairly good. My doctor's switched me to NP Thyroid recently because Armour is no longer covered by insurance. NP Thyroid is awful, not only did it cause some thyroid symptoms to return (Trouble waking up in the mornings, extreme fatigue, depression, weight gain and irritability to name a few) but it also caused new symptoms. My stomach hurt a lot with acid reflux symptoms and I had constant mucus in my throat, which created a chronic cough, to the point where I had to clear my throat every 15 minutes. After having been back on Armour for a couple weeks now, all of the symptoms/side effects have disappeared and I feel good again.”

Dew · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 8, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Started on t4 , zombie. Then Armour , that went downhill, I was then put on Naturethroid, that went downhill and I changed to NP last year . I have become insular, don't want to go out much, have gained 2 stone, from a size uk 8 to uk 12. Very irritable, angry. Hair loss has increased (it never really stopped, only slowed up) . Skin conditions that went away , granuloma annulare have flared up. General feeling that if I died tomorrow I wouldn't care. I am not depressed . Armour is 400 euro a month here in Ireland now , I can't afford that. Don't know what to do ? Will try change to naturethroid or I guess back to synthetic t4 but will ask for t3 this time around.”

Jamie April 3, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I’ve taken Armour thyroid for years with wonderful results. Last year my pharmacy filled my prescription with NP thyroid. I felt like I was taking some sort of hormone - bloated belly, puffy eyes, swollen breasts. I really got scared when I realized that my uncharacteristic weepiness was becoming an obsession with suicide. I’ve never been like that. Immediately stopped the NP and went back to Armour. I am back to normal, feeling fine. Pharmacy tried to give me NP today. I gave it back, went home and called a different pharmacy who will give me Armour.”

Momma T · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 28, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I kept feeling bloated at the top part of my tummy. I had heart palpitations then realized that they changed my medication from Armour Thyroid to NP thyroid. I actually just stopped taking it. I know I probably shouldn't but with Covid 19 and no doctors app. in sight, I just wanted to feel better and I do! I thought I'd start taking Armour again and called the doctors office and much to my surprise they called it in. I checked online with the pharmacy and it's NP Thyroid! Omg are you kidding me? I have to call the pharmacy tomorrow and see about changing to Armour again. Geeesh! I used to take NP fine until several months ago.”

bj · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “A few weeks after starting Nature throid I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, very suddenly. I am currently researching this to see if there is any connection. I had osteo arthritis all my adult life, but now it's much more serious. If you have had this happen, or know someone who has, I would like to know.”

Ms Kay March 3, 2020

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Yes since the recall there has been nothing but terrible results from wp thyroid and nature thyroid as well. Before you could lose weight , feel great, take on the day. Now just the opposite they definitely have made changes to it and don't want tell us. But hopefully someone in the government will expose their lies. Cause it worse than ever.”

Littleblondie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking Armour again after trying Nature thyroid and NP. I had previously taken Armour for many years but the price went up so I asked my Endo to find a cheaper alternative. But after being on both Nature (which gave me chest pains) and NP ( smelled like cat urine and tasted bad). I decided I had to go back on Armour. Armour is not the same as it was years ago. I used to do so well on it. Now I am anxious, cold, not sleeping well, itchy, heart palpitations, vision problems. I know something has changed with the formula. I don't know what to take. Synthroid is not an option. Why did they change Armour when it was fine the way it was and also raised the price??”

Candy · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I was on nature throid and doing amazing! They changed the formula and I was feeling so bad everyday that I didn’t feel like even trying or getting up anymore. I decided to switch back to Armour which I had been off for years... thankful I did... within a few days I have felt like myself again! Fingers crossed”

Ben · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Took a chance on armour thyroid after NP Thyroid stopped working. The Amour I used to use years ago worked great but this new stuff is horrible. Bad muscle and joint pain along with horrible mood swings. Not worth what they are charging for this junk. A really bad drug now. Thanks for ruining something that used to be so helpful.”

Denise February 12, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I’ve been on NP for 4 months. I haven’t been feeling well and have a splitting headache, so I googled side effects. I don’t know what made me think it could be thyroid medicine. For some reason it just popped into my head. I have very bad headaches daily, bloated stomach, constipation, I’m very cold all the time, foggy and just out of it. I’m so tired and have a I don’t care attitude. I used to take levo and didn’t have any of these problems. My numbers aren’t changing so the dr keeps increasing the dosage. Now at 120 mg I have such blurry vision which is sometimes double vision. Heart palpitations. Chest pain. Joint pain. I can’t sleep. I'm glad I came here to read, I thought I must have a terrible disease. Seeing Dr in a few days.”

GG · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have been doing well on Armour for many years now. Unbeknownst to me, the pharmacy switched me to NP Thyroid by Acella. Within a few weeks, all of my hypothyroid symptoms came back with a vengeance. I gained weight, got a puffy face, stopped sleeping, was constantly fatigued and my migraines increased exponentially. Once I switched back to Armour, I felt like myself again. Now I always pay close attention while filling my prescription.”

sam February 9, 2020

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “The newest lab tests show that my thyroid is way OFF and I feel like something is gone wrong, starting last few years. when I try to meditate/rest and every cell in my body is screaming at me THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG. So after a dozen Dr. and lab tests, I changed MD. and changing off nature-thyroid. Email from 2017 regarding the issues I was having with my prescription for my Throid. Nov 25, 2017,  got one new bottle of RLC nature-throid, and I had some of the OLDER RLC  nature-throid from Rite Aid leftover and enough that  I can taste a difference between the new bottle and the previous bottle from RCL lab. I have been double-checking this for a week and noticing  a difference: - noticed I have uncomfortable brain fog.- lower energy. was taking it as prescribed, 130 mg. I called RLC LAB and they changed to robots and had troubles.”

Wellness Coach Marie February 8, 2020

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I've been hypothyroid for 20 yrs. I can't tell you this when the thyroid medicine is bad or not the same. I had horrible reactions to Synthroid, Armor NT and NOW WP. I choose WP 6 years ago, and man do I feel like a rockstar! Weight loss was easy, mood, fatigue, skin, hair loss all gone! Yes I'm agreement with everyone here, since recall not only WP-NT as well, weight gain thyroid numbers T3-4 FT3 LOW RT3 high, now my iron is off the charts and I don't use Iron, since the shortage and here and there getting some last year, I'm mess. WHEN I SPOKE TO MY pharmacist when it AKA ran out he said they are making the dugs in China, really? What pig glandular are they getting??? I swear my iron is elevated from these meds. I never had this issue. I'll be back to report my experience with the GMO free-grass fed cows bovine from New Zealand. Well its my turn BYE BYE thyroid meds. And a HUGE thx u to you all and Thx you Drugs.com”

AJ · Taken for 10 years or more February 8, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I'm having the same experience as V. My armor thyroid smells like cat pee!!!!! I actually wondered if my cats could have possibly peed in the bottle - it is so awful! Interested where V.. is getting hers filled. I live in LA and fill mine in Beverly Hills.”

Villager February 3, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I've been using Armour meds for 2 years now and my urine smells awful. There is a terrible odor and I can feel, taste and smell the most foul scent. I don't know how to eliminate this stench and not sure if the Pharm Company has done something to this drug to make it so terrible. They need to change this formula to correct this terrible side effect.”

jujularooswife · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “This did NOT work well for me at all. I turned into a different person. It scared me and my husband, and my GP felt so bad. We were trying to save money because we do not have insurance. Once I stopped NP and went back to Armour, I got my life back. Be careful, everyone reacts different and this was not good for me.”

V.. · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 1, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Just picked up my NP thyroid and it smells horrible!!! Like cat urine I will not be taking this . Already contacted my Drs office to switch to tirosint and cytomel. Shame on you NP thyroid I'm planning on taking this pill to get analyzed to see what is in it .”

Nursewithtoots · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I’ve been on Armour thyroid for over 10 years, taking 60mg daily. My prescription got filled with NP thyroid this last time. When I received it, I saw the change, quickly looked it up, saw desiccated thyroid and figured it was fine. I finished my Armour and switched over. I was also recently diagnosed with type 2 Narcolepsy for which I’ve been taking Modafinil for the last 4 months. So when I started developing headaches, palpitations, hypertension and GI bloating, and let’s just say it, farts, I actually thought it was that. Even though it’s only been about of month of those symptoms. Today as I sat here and pondered why the headaches, and increase in BP, I thought of the thyroid medication switch and started poking around. And here I found some answers. Along with reading the differences in Armour and NP. I won’t take it tomorrow, or the next day, until they give me Armour back. Be alert to what feels good, right and normal. Be persistent in your health!”

Lars · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 16, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I am glad I checked this page as I thought I was going crazy. I noticed that the NP Thyroid pill thickness had changed as well as the color, and it had a much "sweeter" taste to the pill, from what I had been taking. I chalked it up to different batch, but since taking the new pill, I have had muscle aches, rapid heart rate, blurred vision, back aches and joints that are "out" or popping, along with a bad "do not care" attitude. I have made a complaint to the manufacturer in hopes of getting my money refunded, to go back on Armour Thyroid. Awaiting the results of that... The biggest issue I have is now I will need to start another medicine and get blood checks ($$$) to get the dosage dialled in, after taking a year to get it finally right this last time! THANKS NP!!! Its all a money scam...”

Lucky1 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 16, 2020

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “WP thyroid last year. Did ok. Just refilled and what happened? I take it now and within an hour I crash! Like taking a sleeping pill instead of NDT. So unhappy. Stopped for several days. Started again today. Forgot about the symptoms then got slammed again, wondered, "Why am I so tired!!??" Looked at the clock and realized I had restarted WP an hour before. Shame on RLC! The ratio of T3 to T4 was changed!”

Peggy · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 15, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I cannot take synthroid so years ago my dr switched me to Armour and it worked great! Then for a year they stopped making it. I started on what is called just Thyroid in Canada made by Erfa. It worked beautifully. Then after about 3 years it went south on me. Tried Armour again and it was not good for me anymore. I have been on NP for 3 years and this fall I was depressed, anxious, I’d get angry. I couldn’t figure out what happened. Never thought of it being NP until 2 weeks ago. I found out they no longer manufacture the pill in Georgia but it is now manufactured in Europe but no one knows where. I stopped the pill for 3 days and felt so calm and actually really good. Then started on a half dosage for 4 days and felt good. Today I took a full dosage and I feel a little weird but not like before. My Dr wants me to see an Endo ASAP, which I will after giving this a few more days. If they change any filler then that’s what we get the symptoms from.”

kaz January 14, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “After hyperthyroidism most of my life: Graves Disease, this is the ONLY thyroid medication that works for me. Insurance companies and pharmaceutical giants prefer levothyroxine or other more expensive drugs that have more side effects and for me at least are not as effective. I was on a thyroid destroying drug for YEARS and a specialist told me that if it hadn't worked by now to destroy my thyroid gland, it probably never would, it was just putting this strong med into my body affecting other bodily functions. So, I took "their" advice and destroyed my thyroid with radioactive iodine. Now I need to be on thyroid for the rest of my life. My doctor and I tried traditional drugs pushed by the medical establishment. I finally did some research and asked others without a functioning thyroid and was directed to Armor Thyroid. It has been working for over 5 years without adjusting dosage unlike the "traditional" thyroid meds where I had to constantly change dosage.”

LAD January 11, 2020

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking this drug 4 days ago. Yesterday, I started having tremendous bloating in my upper abdomen. It feels like a balloon that is filled to the max and could pop. I’m in so much pain, my back is even hurting. I have horrible acid reflex. I feel incredibly nauseous. I have severe diarrhea. I cannot drink or eat right now. I feel clammy off and on with a horrible headache. I’m also very achy. I did speak to my Doctor yesterday and she said to stop taking it. I have, but still no improvement. This is so painful.”