User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

5.8

Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 7.8 159 reviews

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Leigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "I’ve been on Armour Thyroid 60 mg for about a year have gained 15 pounds and very tired now July 2019 got new batch and now I am feeling overmedicated. Has Armour Thyroid changed once again?"

Liz · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 4, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease "I love Armour! I was taking Levothyroxine and felt so awful. My body ached, I was ill. My thyroid doctor refused to change my medication so I went to my primary and after my first dose I felt 90 percent better."

Chris V · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "Definitely wasn't for me. Noticed a drastic change in my moods. Generally a very bubbly person, became irritable during treatment. Constant Racing thoughts, jitters, overall depressed feeling. Impaired my thinking too, felt distraught. Feeling MUCH better since discontinuation of Armour."

Kelli · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 18, 2019

For Thyroid Cancer "I have hypothyroidism and was also found to have thyroid papillary carcinoma. I had the right side of my thyroid removed and gained 15 pounds after my surgery. I was on just 15 mg prior to surgery, I was recently put back on 15 mg which was then bumped up to 30 mg 3x a week and 15 mg 4x a week. Got my numbers back today and my TSH was 6.8 the worst its been so far. So now he has bumped me up to 60 mgs (believe thats one grain) and still trying to clarify if he wants me to take that every day or 4x a week or what. He wasn't specific. So I will see what he says. Anyone else have weight gain with Armour? Am I gaining weight because my Armour didn't have me in the optimal range? I live a low carb lifestyle because I have other health issues. Thanks!"

Diana · Taken for 10 years or more April 17, 2019

For Thyroid Cancer "My thyroid was removed due to cancer and Armour prescribed. After about 10 years I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. Since then I have been associated with about (6) doctors including (2) naturopathic doctors. All have stated Armour contributes to osteoporosis and that I should change to Nature Thyroid. Since changing my osteoporosis has not gotten worse."

steeler74386 · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "Hi everyone. I was on naturethyroid for the past oh geez 2016?2017? I am hypothryoid/premenapause I am 37 years old. (I have Lyme's also (on natural stuff for that.) The pharmacist has told me that naturethroid 16.25 mg is on back order/going to be not making it anymore (was on 32.50mg) . So whenever I called them in Nov-Dec 2018? To get a refill they told me it is backordered/discontinued (which stinks because I lost weight ) Now started the armour thyroid (1/18/19) I feel like I gained weight. (I do workout and eat 97% the time healthy.) Today is 1/29/19 just feel fat. Just the jeans that used to be lose are now tight. My hair is already thin so idk about that if it got anymore thinner/falling out . I thought I was noticing/ felt like itchiness on my stomach. Thirsty a lot. So idk if it's to early to tell or not. I'll just need to keep track of symptoms. I'll give it a month and see any difference /side effects. Just wish they would of kept naturethroid."

Lee August 28, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Diagnosed w/hypothyroidism in 2013. I am 49 yo female. I had tried different meds prior to Armour Thyroid (AT). I have the best results with AT Unbeknownst to me Walgreen pharmacy switched my AT for Levothyroxin/Levothyronine (L/L) I was distracted w/relocating my family & trusted Walgreen pharmacy would continue my medication. Symptoms began headaches, very dry brittle hair & dry skin, gained 20 lbs, heart pounding. July 10,2018 I realized prescription was L/L instead of AT I went back to Walgreen & inquired why. I was told L/L was generic for AT I called my old Pharmacist. He told me the drug is synthetic & not the same as AT. It is now Aug. 26-2018 and I've been back on AT since July 10-2018 I lost 21 lb I feel great! I neglected to pay attention to my prescription medication."

Cbower · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I was prescribed Armour Thyroid for four years. The first year was great! Felt better than ever before (currently 42 years of age) but at about the two year mark I noticed a difference. My energy plummeted, almost seemed depressed. So I started taking antidepressants. That did not help. So to answer all my problems my doctor kept increasing my Armour Thyroid dose. I went from 60mg to 160mg in a four year period. I could not sleep, I felt depressed, and had absolutely no energy. I went to a cardiologist, and endocrinologist to help see what the problem could be. They both advised me it was the hormones, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and Armour Thyroid medication."

Mabelh16 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2018

"I started taking this medication again because Nature thyroid is on back order I'm not happy with this medication as soon as I started taking it my eyes started itching, I feel slow, am very forgetful, also can hardly use the restroom to do #2, I have to be taking Fiber pills. I didn't have any of these problems with nature throid. Also have gain weight instead of losing even though I'm eating less. I didn't have this problem with Nature Thyroid now I know why so many people are switching to Nature thyroid.d"

susanaM · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I started on Armour 2 months ago. I was on levothyroxine for 3 months. I feel like my fogginess is gone (I call it being airheaded:). I'm still in the beginning phase but has anyone lost any weight on these pills??? I watch my diet and exercise (hired 2 different trainers) but have been stuck on my weight. I feel heavy and tired. Supposedly I'm 25-30 pounds overweight. I know if I lose weight it will help with my energy. I'm suppose do blood work next week. If my numbers are normal I think I may try to do a full hormone blood panel test and pay out of pocket."

Beasnest · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 27, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I feel so much better on Armour. I was up to 180 mg then back down to 135mg over the course of 3 years and still going down, my Naturepath had me go off gluten ...something is reducing my need for more medicine... I have just recently got new insurance January it’s supposed to be covered ...we will see . I got a six month supply before switching insurance but weight is normal, sleep is great, energy good with Metamucil every day constipation not a problem even though I am optimally treated I have really high antibodies I never got those checked before I went ion armour I hope is not because of an allergy"

Drannymiff January 8, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I struggled with this medication. I had intense headaches and ALL of the other side effects."

Asiagosia · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Under active thyroid"

Zerotol9512 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 2, 2017

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Complete Thyroidectemy for cancer and two HUGE goiters with several nodules; which were crushing my esophagus. Immediately put on Thyroxine and became deathly ill within 2 days. I malabsorb Thyroxine and am severely allergic to lactose, acacia (grass) & sugar. Dr. insisted on increasing dosage, rather than listening to me; as seems to the usual. I am still looking for a Dr. with more knowledge about Armour Thyroid than me, because I am still very ill. But, I would have DIED on Thyroxine and IF I had kept WATCHING my goiter. The surgeon came out shocked by the 'grapefruit' size. Cancer was almost secondary. Drs. aren't even being taught about Armour Thyroid today. So sad and SO FRIGHTENING. Is this a way to kill off more seniors?"

SkippyUSMC October 13, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I took Armour for 12 years and it worked great. Then they pulled it off the market for several years to reformulate it. It costs about 4 times as much and doesn't work for me at all. Hair loss and makes me extremely agitated. I switched to Nature Throid but now Express Scripts is out of that. I am hoping NP Thyroid works. Maybe Big Pharma be taken down by good government regulations so they can't make all the rules for those of us who need medication."

penwright1029 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Last year, I gained around 20 lbs. in about two months, and I would be fine one minute, the next I would feel like crying. I was losing my hair at an, exponential, rate. For years, I was cold all the time. I had no energy and would run out of breath easily. My Doctor diagnosed me with numerous problems including having Hypothyroidism. She started me on Levothyroxine, which made me ill. As is my way, I did research and found out about Armour. Within two weeks, without my saying a word to her, she told me she was prescribing Armour Thyroid 15 MG. What a difference! I got my life back. I'm now on 30MG. once a day. I am a staunch believer in natural treatment, and Armour is natural."

RaeJ · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1999 so Dr put my on levo. I never felt any different as years past symptoms got worse. My levels become worse I then was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis. My weight up and down now up then down. The fatigue was so severe I thought about ending my life. Having two boys that wasn't an option. After years of levo Drs upping the mcg I got sick of it stopped taking it. I could not function on it. It was like a sleeping pill to me. I was bloated all the time my hair was breaking off I made appointment with my dr a few weeks ago. After all these years I told her my issue with levo. Well let's see your number and I'll put you on armour. It's the best ever had. I wake up as though I've slept."

txmaid July 15, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "this is my second day of taking Armour. I may have to get used to it. I haven't slept well since I have taken it. I feel very alert and not relaxed. I am going to stick with it since it is more of a balance of t3 and t4, I hope. I was getting no results from levothyroxine."

jodytoo · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 6, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Has anyone encountered problems with their eyes after being on Amour Thyroid. It is curious to me that I feel better than I have in a long time, however, things keep happening to my eyes.. ...First a detached retina, cataracts, and now macular problems. Never had eye problems before and my vision stayed the same as when I was 12 years old until last year when I started Amour. Any connection???"

JB2017 · Taken for 10 years or more May 7, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I've been on Armour forever but in the last year found my dosage going up to 150 plus Liothyronine at 30 mcg/day and all of these horrible symptoms coming back and new ones that at first thought were lifestyle-induced due to a career change and a move. That was until I found out that Forrester Laboratories was bought out by Allergan in 2015 and the same issues from the 2008-2009 reformulation are being reported in mass numbers...everything from lab issues, high increases in dosages, chronic fatigue, vision issues, skyrocketing co-pays to hair loss, etc. I checked my bottles this weekend and realized that they all read Forrester/Allergan and will be researching on new natural options and speaking with my doctor on Monday!"

40yearsandstillnohelp · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 14, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "Dx with idiopathic hypothyroidism 45yrs ago. At 23yrs ago Dx with Hashimoto's. Is it possible to have both?! Dx depends on doc, seems random. TSH is at 50 whether taking 3 or 4 or 5 or 6++ grains (>200mg) of Armour. (Btw, Synthroid & etc are totally useless.) Also Dx with (seriously bad) Narcolepsy some 35yrs ago...Tried Lyrica about 2 yrs ago because it helps my cousin with hers. "

atomteori March 30, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "Been diagnosed with Hashimoto's for over a decade, and started out taking 90 mcg of levothyroxine. As my disease progressed I had to take more and more, and was up to 150 mcg when I started feeling bad: sick and depressed had trouble sleeping. Blood tests showed that my t3's were low, and I had been flogging my t4's to produce more t3's. This may be one of the symptoms of Hashimoto's: an inability to convert t4 into t3. Not a doctor, don't know, but switching to Armor a month ago has made a huge difference in my health. I am not getting those cramps in my hands and feet at the end of the day, and my energy has gone way up. It's still too early to know for sure...one month isn't much....but so far so good!"

UptownGirlinFL · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I've been taking Levoxyl brand, not the generic for about 10 years for my hypothyroidism with no side effects. Synthroid & Armour both didn't agree with me...synthroid gave me heart palpitations - at one point I thought I was having a heart attack! And Armour OMG the stench every time I opened the bottle made me want to hurl "

Ferni's Pal · Taken for 10 years or more February 11, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "Works well, no side effects. Easy on my stomach."

HLMD February 9, 2017

For Thyroid Cancer "I had my thyroid removed due to cancer 9 years ago. The doctor initially put me on Synthroid in various dosages which didn't work, then levothyroxin which also did not work. It took about a year before we all agreed my body was not absorbing it for some reason. A miserable year. I wasn't sure I would ever get to be "me" again. I was always exhausted, sad, lost my temper to a degree it was scary, and everything took a lot of effort. Depression had certainly set in and I had not experienced that before. Finally a neighbor told me about Armour so I asked for it. Don't believe the Synthroid smear campaign. This stuff works and is cheap! I alternate two strengths daily and a 30 day supply from Costco is about $35."