User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Thyroid Cancer
7.3

Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 7.8 152 reviews

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

For Underactive Thyroid "I was prescribed Armour Thyroid for four years. The first year was great! Felt better than ever before (currently 42 years of age) but at about the two year mark I noticed a difference. My energy plummeted, almost seemed depressed. So I started taking antidepressants. That did not help. So to answer all my problems my doctor kept increasing my Armour Thyroid dose. I went from 60mg to 160mg in a four year period. I could not sleep, I felt depressed, and had absolutely no energy. I went to a cardiologist, and endocrinologist to help see what the problem could be. They both advised me it was the hormones, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and Armour Thyroid medication."

Cbower (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2018

"I started taking this medication again because Nature thyroid is on back order I'm not happy with this medication as soon as I started taking it my eyes started itching, I feel slow, am very forgetful, also can hardly use the restroom to do #2, I have to be taking Fiber pills. I didn't have any of these problems with nature throid. Also have gain weight instead of losing even though I'm eating less. I didn't have this problem with Nature Thyroid now I know why so many people are switching to Nature thyroid.d"

Mabelh16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I started on Armour 2 months ago. I was on levothyroxine for 3 months. I feel like my fogginess is gone (I call it being airheaded:). I'm still in the beginning phase but has anyone lost any weight on these pills??? I watch my diet and exercise (hired 2 different trainers) but have been stuck on my weight. I feel heavy and tired. Supposedly I'm 25-30 pounds overweight. I know if I lose weight it will help with my energy. I'm suppose do blood work next week. If my numbers are normal I think I may try to do a full hormone blood panel test and pay out of pocket."

susanaM (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I feel so much better on Armour. I was up to 180 mg then back down to 135mg over the course of 3 years and still going down, my Naturepath had me go off gluten ...something is reducing my need for more medicine... I have just recently got new insurance January it’s supposed to be covered ...we will see . I got a six month supply before switching insurance but weight is normal, sleep is great, energy good with Metamucil every day constipation not a problem even though I am optimally treated I have really high antibodies I never got those checked before I went ion armour I hope is not because of an allergy"

Beasnest (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I struggled with this medication. I had intense headaches and ALL of the other side effects."

Drannymiff January 8, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Under active thyroid"

Asiagosia (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Complete Thyroidectemy for cancer and two HUGE goiters with several nodules; which were crushing my esophagus. Immediately put on Thyroxine and became deathly ill within 2 days. I malabsorb Thyroxine and am severely allergic to lactose, acacia (grass) & sugar. Dr. insisted on increasing dosage, rather than listening to me; as seems to the usual. I am still looking for a Dr. with more knowledge about Armour Thyroid than me, because I am still very ill. But, I would have DIED on Thyroxine and IF I had kept WATCHING my goiter. The surgeon came out shocked by the 'grapefruit' size. Cancer was almost secondary. Drs. aren't even being taught about Armour Thyroid today. So sad and SO FRIGHTENING. Is this a way to kill off more seniors?"

Zerotol9512 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I took Armour for 12 years and it worked great. Then they pulled it off the market for several years to reformulate it. It costs about 4 times as much and doesn't work for me at all. Hair loss and makes me extremely agitated. I switched to Nature Throid but now Express Scripts is out of that. I am hoping NP Thyroid works. Maybe Big Pharma be taken down by good government regulations so they can't make all the rules for those of us who need medication."

SkippyUSMC October 13, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Last year, I gained around 20 lbs. in about two months, and I would be fine one minute, the next I would feel like crying. I was losing my hair at an, exponential, rate. For years, I was cold all the time. I had no energy and would run out of breath easily. My Doctor diagnosed me with numerous problems including having Hypothyroidism. She started me on Levothyroxine, which made me ill. As is my way, I did research and found out about Armour. Within two weeks, without my saying a word to her, she told me she was prescribing Armour Thyroid 15 MG. What a difference! I got my life back. I'm now on 30MG. once a day. I am a staunch believer in natural treatment, and Armour is natural."

penwright1029 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 1999 so Dr put my on levo. I never felt any different as years past symptoms got worse. My levels become worse I then was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis. My weight up and down now up then down. The fatigue was so severe I thought about ending my life. Having two boys that wasn't an option. After years of levo Drs upping the mcg I got sick of it stopped taking it. I could not function on it. It was like a sleeping pill to me. I was bloated all the time my hair was breaking off I made appointment with my dr a few weeks ago. After all these years I told her my issue with levo. Well let's see your number and I'll put you on armour. It's the best ever had. I wake up as though I've slept."

RaeJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "this is my second day of taking Armour. I may have to get used to it. I haven't slept well since I have taken it. I feel very alert and not relaxed. I am going to stick with it since it is more of a balance of t3 and t4, I hope. I was getting no results from levothyroxine."

txmaid July 15, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Has anyone encountered problems with their eyes after being on Amour Thyroid. It is curious to me that I feel better than I have in a long time, however, things keep happening to my eyes.. ...First a detached retina, cataracts, and now macular problems. Never had eye problems before and my vision stayed the same as when I was 12 years old until last year when I started Amour. Any connection???"

jodytoo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I've been on Armour forever but in the last year found my dosage going up to 150 plus Liothyronine at 30 mcg/day and all of these horrible symptoms coming back and new ones that at first thought were lifestyle-induced due to a career change and a move. That was until I found out that Forrester Laboratories was bought out by Allergan in 2015 and the same issues from the 2008-2009 reformulation are being reported in mass numbers...everything from lab issues, high increases in dosages, chronic fatigue, vision issues, skyrocketing co-pays to hair loss, etc. I checked my bottles this weekend and realized that they all read Forrester/Allergan and will be researching on new natural options and speaking with my doctor on Monday!"

JB2017 (taken for 10 years or more) May 7, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "Dx with idiopathic hypothyroidism 45yrs ago. At 23yrs ago Dx with Hashimoto's. Is it possible to have both?! Dx depends on doc, seems random. TSH is at 50 whether taking 3 or 4 or 5 or 6++ grains (>200mg) of Armour. (Btw, Synthroid & etc are totally useless.) Also Dx with (seriously bad) Narcolepsy some 35yrs ago...Tried Lyrica about 2 yrs ago because it helps my cousin with hers. "

40yearsandstillnohelp (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "Been diagnosed with Hashimoto's for over a decade, and started out taking 90 mcg of levothyroxine. As my disease progressed I had to take more and more, and was up to 150 mcg when I started feeling bad: sick and depressed had trouble sleeping. Blood tests showed that my t3's were low, and I had been flogging my t4's to produce more t3's. This may be one of the symptoms of Hashimoto's: an inability to convert t4 into t3. Not a doctor, don't know, but switching to Armor a month ago has made a huge difference in my health. I am not getting those cramps in my hands and feet at the end of the day, and my energy has gone way up. It's still too early to know for sure...one month isn't much....but so far so good!"

atomteori March 30, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I've been taking Levoxyl brand, not the generic for about 10 years for my hypothyroidism with no side effects. Synthroid & Armour both didn't agree with me...synthroid gave me heart palpitations - at one point I thought I was having a heart attack! And Armour OMG the stench every time I opened the bottle made me want to hurl "

UptownGirlinFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "Works well, no side effects. Easy on my stomach."

Ferni's Pal (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2017

For Thyroid Cancer "I had my thyroid removed due to cancer 9 years ago. The doctor initially put me on Synthroid in various dosages which didn't work, then levothyroxin which also did not work. It took about a year before we all agreed my body was not absorbing it for some reason. A miserable year. I wasn't sure I would ever get to be "me" again. I was always exhausted, sad, lost my temper to a degree it was scary, and everything took a lot of effort. Depression had certainly set in and I had not experienced that before. Finally a neighbor told me about Armour so I asked for it. Don't believe the Synthroid smear campaign. This stuff works and is cheap! I alternate two strengths daily and a 30 day supply from Costco is about $35."

HLMD February 9, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I am completely happy with Armour thyroid medication which I use after oblation due to hyperactivity of my thyroid. I was on synthroid but my body wasn't able to convert T4 to T3. Once a thyroid patient you will always have slight fluctuations but overall I feel great!"

Annie MG February 3, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Naturopath put me on AT August 2014. My TSH was 4.0 but she said I would feel better if we could get it under 2.0. I gained 32 pounds before Christmas. Thought it was stress b/c I had gone back to work full-time in August, after our youngest started college. I went into menopause, had a period every other month for 4 months, and cycle stopped Feb 2015. Also attributed the weight gain to this. I also got insomnia, night sweats, and severe brain fog, also attributed to the menopause. (age 46) I began having acid reflux/heartburn, trying PPI's and eating TUMS. My AT scrip ran out over Xmas 2016, so I took 1 every other day to get by and instantly lost 5 lbs. Heartburn and PM sweats stopped. My period came back! Still losing wt, and fog is gon"

myjenny (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I agree a lot with what others have said. I am currently on 15mg Armour but my doctor tried to put me on 30mg and I didn't realize it right away, I thought I was sick and dehydrated but it was the Armour! It made me sick and I lost a lot of weight and I felt so bad and dizzy like my heart wasn't beating fast enough. It was terrible. She switched me back to 15 mg and I feel good again."

GAD6 December 16, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I find it very effective much better than synthetic drugs. Feel much better taking it."

Marg93 December 1, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "On Synthroid for a year post subtotal thyroidectomy in 2002, gained 17lbs in just a few months, hair fell out, felt miserable. Switched to Armour in 2003 and got me my life and health back. Compounded thyroid is cheaper so I started using that with no issues until last year, when I was no longer able to get my compounded thyroid as I'm now in the U.K. which only compounds thyroid for animals, not humans. Back on Armour last year and the weight started creeping back up, fatigue set in, cold at night, all the hypo symptoms came back despite my labs looking great. I put on 8 lbs in three months!! Switched to Nature Throid and the weight is coming off again and I feel normal. Forrest Pharma pulled a Martin Shkreli."

Nachtjenevel (taken for 10 years or more) October 30, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "I'v been on Armour thyroid for over fifteen years except for one year when I had a physician who would not prescribe Armour. Synthroid was a nightmare for me. However, in the last several years, I have noticed a definite difference in each refill of Armour. One refill leaves me fat and moody and the next one may cause me to feel normal and lose five or six pounds effortlessly. This is NOT OK for anyone. A huge price increase and such an inferior, and unpredictable product should make us all angry. Our hands are tied unless we can buy the manufacturer."

Dinky Dodad October 24, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed with Hashimotis after a thyroid cancer scare and removal of half of my thyroid gland due to growing nodules. All of the symptoms- tired, depressed, weight gain, hair loss, sensitivity to hear and cold, cold extremities- occurred after having my first child and became progressively worse with each of my children. Since the surgery, took Synthroid for 10 years and could not lose weight no matter what I tried. Went to progressive doctor who put me on Armour and I have lost 35 pounds in the past year, mood and energy levels are excellent, and memory and brain function much sharper. My levels are a bit too high/vary, but that is where I feel best and my doctor allows me to stay there. Find a doctor that will listen to you."

TrueThat (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016