User Reviews for Armour Thyroid (Page 2)

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

TSH Suppression 2 reviews 24 medications

7.8
Thyroid Cancer 2 reviews 16 medications

Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 129 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

For Hashimoto's disease "Four years of misery thinking I had food allergies when I was allergic to the FILLERS in the Armour thyroid medication. The side effects included: 2 different rashes on my scalp and behind my ears, excessive sugar cravings, depression, suicidal thoughts, after eating my stomach hurt all the time, couldn't eat anything without getting diarrhea. I went to several doctors and not one suspected the Armour thyroid medication. I figured it out! When I stopped taking it the side effects went away immediately! The rashes a little longer but started clearing up right away. Now, I'm trying the thyroid hormone ONLY without fillers. The interesting thing is my insurance won't pay for it because it comes from a compounding pharmacy not BIG PHARMA."

Queen of Everything! January 25, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Levothyroxine for years (17). I have 7 thyroid nodules, and my physician is monitoring them closely. I begged my doctor to try Armour as I was so depressed, brain fog and felt the worst ever. I was put on 90 grains of Armour, within 6 months my tsh was .04. I was having tremors and racing heart. Apparently my body is extremely sensitive to Armour. I am now transitioning back to Synthroid/Levothyroxine and hopefully t3. Over the years your body changes (of course) - listen to your body. Everyone is different. Good luck"

T' January 25, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "Doctors will always try to put you on synthroid which is poison that has the worst side effects and once I started on Armor I could see the dark cloud leave. I still notice that I can only use a half of batch before I need to buy more because it went bad and I am still trying to get the perfect dose but I feel so much better with armor than the synthroid that doctors suggest. I only wish I could buy armor in Colombia SA because now I must go to the states every month to pick it up."

johnny H (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "I was just diagnosed with underachieving thyroid. My labs have been low for quite some time. Trying to heal my leaky gut in hopes of getting my thyroid issues better. Well after working on it for 6 months with a Functional Medicine NP it wasn't better so I just started armour 30mg. Today is day 1 for me. Hoping many of the symptoms I suffer will get better. I really don't want to be on this. The symptoms I have are early am waking, low sex drive and anorgasmia, cold but sweating, fatigue, muscle loss, muscle weakness, dry skin, thinning hair."

trl1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "It took a full 15 months of treatment plus adding a low dose of an antidepressant and topical progesterone for me to see the full benefits of armour. I became hypo shortly after menopause, experiencing severe fatigue, sleepiness, a 9lb weight gain in spite of poor appetite and low calorie intake, dry thinning hair and nails, depression, coldness, no libido. My face took on the typical dull thyroid expression with pudgy features and the outer third of my eyebrows missing. I had high cholesterol, yet my TSH showed normal at 1.9. My GP just said to "watch it" while I grew progressively worse. After 15 months on armour, I've finally settled on the right dose and I feel young and great again!!"

stit60 December 14, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I started taking armour in November 2015. The first couple of days I felt more tired. But after 4-5 days, I wasn't tired throughout the day. I lost 6 lbs in that month. But then when I started my refill, all the weight came right back on. Is it possible for a whole batch to be bad?? Or did my body regulate to that dose?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "I just started Armour today and I'm on cloud 9! Was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago with Hashimoto's and have been on 3 different meds. 1st Naturethroid, next Levoxyl, then on to Synthroid. All gave me HORRIBLE side effects. I felt like I was putting poison in my body every morning. But today I feel like I hit the jackpot with Armour. Feel like my old self again.... I have energy, no body aches, and I can think clearly!"

lynny1231 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "Was on Levothyroxine and I noticed some improvement, but still felt symptoms. We increased the dosage and noticed improvement, but still not quite right. Over time my symptoms returned and I was continually complaining that my dosage was not right, even though my numbers were within normal limits. My doctor recommended the switch to armour. The first week I wanted to die, I couldn't stay awake, I had constant headaches, I was irritable. After 5 days, I was ready to call the doctor and get taken off...and then MAGIC happened happened. Week 2 I had energy, I started to sleep better, no headaches. So far so good. I am hopeful!"

KWdub December 2, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on Levo meds and I felt like I was over loaded with hormones. I would have outburst of anger and sadness. Gained 10lbs in 6monthes, insomnia etc. These behaviors were abnormal for me. I switched to Armour meds and in one month I lost 3lbs , sleep well and have not had any mood swings."

Anonymous November 12, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been using this product for 30 days! LOVE It!! First time in over a year that I don't have to take a nap at some point in the day. I have also naturally lost a few lbs! Which is great too since I've gained 50in the past 5 yrs with no initial root cause. Find a Dr that looks at everything! Your vitamin levels minerals and serotonin levels on top of thyroid. I take the med in the am with water that had Lugols iodine drops in it. I'll keep you updated on future effects."

Krist10 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I've been on thyroid medication 49 years, I spent my first 38 on Synthroid and various t4 formulas, I could not stand the up and down of Synthroid, it never was steady. Every time I went to the Dr. It was adjusted, it could not regulate me and most Dr's. Just played with raising and lowering the mg levels. Finally a person I new told me I should see her Dr. I did, and that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with Armour Thyroid. I've never felt better, my bad symptoms went away, and I feel almost human. It holds me steady for longer periods. sometimes the patient knows best, regardless of what the blood tests say. Armour contains unknown ingredients that can't be isolated into a synthetic pill form, Armour is natural, and best."

Mamad1 September 19, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "This medication has had the adverse affect for me. After being diagnosed with Hashimoto's, my doctor expected that this medication would help me with brain fog, energy and tiredness. I experienced the opposite. Within a few days of taking the 60 mg dosage I felt worse. I began sleeping extremely heavy, had a huge amount of trouble waking in the morning, and could barely keep my eyes open past 8:30pm each night. I gained five pounds in two months even though I had improved my eating habits and exercise. I began getting these dull headaches on the top of my head. I became extremely irritable with everything which is not my normal disposition. Dr told me to stop taking immediately and is prescribing Nature-throid. Will see how that goes."

Alb1103 September 9, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I've been on Synthyroid or Levothyroid for over 50 years. I asked my endo for Armour because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've been on Armour for 3 months now and can't believe how much better I feel. Have not had any side effects."

Thepan007 September 2, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I started taking a very low dose back in the summer of 2014 I was walking 3 miles a day. After about 3 weeks I could no longer walk like I use to due to the pain in my neck! I went for test, Heart, blood work they found nothing I took myself off Armor in Jan 2015 I started feeling better I would never take this drug again."

catdogman August 7, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "There is a level of inconsistency in its quality and in its potency. I have tried taking it in different ways. Starting with swallowing it (cause immediate bloating). Tried it sublingually and finally crushing it. Again, I have found some difference in the way it crushes. Some are crumbly (more potent) and some are sticky (same batch). One whole box was totally useless. I didnt realise this immediately. Side effects kept increasing with each dose and I kept feeling tired, nauseated, and lacked energy. This effect wore out 4-5 hrs after taking the pill and felt almost back to normal. I opened a new batch and things improved withi 2 days..less side effects and more energy levels. Other side effect is sweet taste. I will try a different brand"

No-nickname-is-accepted-all-in July 13, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "In February 2014, Forest Laboratories, the makers of Armour Thyroid, was bought by the drug company Actavis for $25 million. I recently finished a batch that I had on hand since May of 2014 and was doing quite well with no side effects. As soon as I started a new batch that I purchases in October of 2014, I noticed the difference within a few days: I started itching, being warm and lacking sleep. Before I was sleeping very well regularly while now I'm having a lot of trouble. I think that I will be looking for some other alternative after I see my doctor, preferably Nathroid, and Westhroid. Why would Actavis change the composition of a good product and make it worst? After being a 'happy' individual with Armour for several years, it's time to move on."

Beppe June 3, 2015

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Dr put me on Armor Thyroid after taking me off Levothyroxine and Armor has done absolutely nothing in the way of making me feel better. I was taken off Levothyroxine because I felt as though I had bugs crawling on me so Dr took me off if it thinking I my be having a reaction to the medication. Since then, talking to my personal trainer who recommended that I see a his Dr who specializes in thyroid & hormones. I visited new Dr today they drew 5 vials of blood which they will test all levels of my thyroid, hormone level as well as any and all complete blood work including cholesterol. I'm awaiting an appt next week for results. Levothyroxine gave me great energy but lots of itching. Armor is out for me....no results in feeling better."

Sanzum June 3, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on synthroid, levothyroxine and then finally armour thyroid. synthroid and levothyroxine I was on both for 6 months to 1 year. No change in my thyroid and it also made me a bit crazy, I would have anger out bursts for no reason. Once I went on armour thyroid within the first 3 months my levels were getting better, we bumped my dosage up to 120 and my levels are now perfect. I feel so much better on armour thyroid than I ever did on the other 2."

mrsD92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I changed from Levothroxine to Armour in the last two weeks. I feel so much better in this short amount of time. I'm not so bloated and something just didn't feel right with the Levothyroxine. I have only been taking it two weeks, but the way I feel is good. I take 30 of Armour."

thyroidy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Four years ago, I began taking birth control. After a year of trying to find the "right" pill, I was experiencing extreme fatigue, mood swings, depression, constipation, skin/hair problems, weight gain, and inability to lose weight. I stopped the pill and still continued to experience these symptoms. I spent the next few years trying to lose weight and trying to convince my doctor to treat my thyroid. She wouldn't because my TSH level was normal. Two months ago, I found a doctor who prescribes Armour based on symptoms. In one month of taking 25mg of Armour daily, I have regained my health and my life. Fight for your health and ask for Armour. If it doesn't work for you, it's worth searching for a medication that does to feel healthy again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2015

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a year with only a little bit of good results and then about a month ago I realized I should not be eating or drinking especially coffee within the first hour of taking it. I waited a whole hour after taking it to drink my coffee and I have finally started losing the 10 pounds that would not come off and I realized I was doing a whole lot more during the day and wanting to than before. I also noticed much less migraines. I vote yes! I would rate it a 10 if I could drink it with coffee."

buttheadface March 11, 2015

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "For the last 6 years I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid 5.28. I was taking levothyroxine. The first time taking it, I felt like my insides where burning and one night I was in the bathroom and passed out not even know I did until I woke up on the floor. I went to the ER and stopped taking it. Then 4 years later another Dr. put me back on levothyroxine but a lower dose and after a week I felt like I was gaging and couldn't breath and my levels where 6.50. I went to an Urgent care and the Dr. put me on 30mg of Armour and my levels where 5.20. I was put on 90mg Armour and my levels are 2.12 after 1 month. I have emotions now, as before I was numb. My sex drive, well WooHoo. Energy level comes and goes. No weight loss yet."

WooHoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "Like many others I received diagnosis after getting so bad that I could barely walk, couldn't get out of a chair without rolling over to the arm and pulling/pushing myself out. Was prescribed synthetic and got a bit better but my hair started falling out and got headaches. I started the research & insisted on the Armour. Huge difference., esp mental performance. I make my living doing analyses on high risk complex things. It was so wonderful to get my brain back. I had some help from a naturopathic Dr who suggest that I add supplements to address any adrenals damage (adrenal rebuilders). Final step has been traditional Chinese Medicine and I am now almost off the Armour, too. Western med will tell you thyroid is a lifelong path. Maybe."

AnonLady February 15, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at 11 yrs old and was on Synthroid since until last year (I was 28). After I was off all medication for about 6 months and my blood test came back at a dangerous level, my doctor immediately got me back on a lower dosage of Synthroid, but I had one of the worst side effects from it - so she quickly switched me to Armour and gradually upped the dose from 30mg until I got to 120mg and my blood levels were back to normal. I've never felt better! I started to lose the weight I gained during my non-medicated time and I have energy I thought I never had. At this point, I refuse to go back to Synthroid. I wish I knew of this before now, everyone around me can see the difference in my moods, a lot happier!"

DCOVA (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on synthetic thyroid medicine and I was still miserable. I strongly recommend having your doctor switch you over to armour thyroid. It is amazing. I have energy, my hair isn't breaking off, I lose weight when I exercise. I absolutely love it."

Satellite41 January 15, 2015

181 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next