Can Armour Thyroid make you tired?
Armour Thyroid is unlikely to make you tired or sleepy. Tiredness is a symptom of low thyroid levels (hypothyroidism) and if you still feel tired while taking Armour Thyroid then you should talk to your doctor because you may need the dosage of Armour Thyroid increased.
You should never increase the dosage of Armour Thyroid yourself, without being under medical supervision because too much Armour Thyroid is not safe.
Side effects of Armour Thyroid to watch for and contact your doctor about include:
- Joint pain or muscle cramps
- Increased heat sensitivity
- Appetite changes
- Menstrual cycle changes in women.
Taking too much Armour Thyroid can cause overdose symptoms that include:
- A racing heart
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Harrar S. What You Need to Know About Hypothyroidism Extract Medications 23 March 2021. https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/hypothyroidism/natural-thyroid-extract-comeback
- Victor Bernet & Ana-Maria Chindris (2012) The potential dangers of supplements and herbal products marketed for improved thyroid function, Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, 7:3, 247-249, DOI: 10.1586/eem.12.16
- Armour Thyroid Updated 05/2021. Allergan, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/armour-thyroid.html
Related medical questions
- Should you take your thyroid medication at night?
- What is the difference between NP Thyroid and Armour Thyroid?
- Armour Thyroid vs. Synthroid - How do they compare?
- Does Armour Thyroid cause weight gain or weight loss?
- How long does Armour Thyroid stay in your system?
- Can Armour Thyroid be purchased over the counter?
- Can Armour Thyroid cause high blood pressure?
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?
- Can I take Cytomel and Synthroid together?
- Can Euthyrox cause weight loss?
- How long does Cytomel take to start working?
- Armour Thyroid Information for Consumers
- Armour Thyroid Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Armour Thyroid (detailed)