Who makes Westhroid and where is it manufactured?
Westhroid is made by RLC Labs located at 1850 E Riverview Dr, Phoenix, Arizona. RLC Labs manufactures, labels, and distributes animal-derived (usually pig) thyroid drug tablets for human use under the brand names of Nature-Throid and WP Thyroid. Nature-Throid and Westhroid are identical preparations and RLC Labs decided to market these under one name: NatureThroid. RLC labs make Westhroid, Nature-Throid, and WP Thyroid.
Westhroid is a natural desiccated thyroid replacement therapy obtained from animal thyroid glands that is a prescription medicine. It contains T4 & T3 replacement hormones and is available in 5 strengths ranging from 2 grains (32.5 mg) to 3 grains (195 mg). It also contains naturally occurring thyroid cofactors T1, T2, calcitonin, and iodine (in trace amounts). Westhroid is not FDA approved.
Westhroid available as
- ½ grain (32.5mg): 19 mcg T4, 4.5 mcg T3
- 1 grain (65 mg): 38 mcg T4, 9 mcg T3
- 1 ½ grain (97.5mg): 57 mcg T4, 13.5 mcg T3
- 2 grain (130 mg): 76 mcg T4, 18 mcg T3
- 2 ¼ grain (146.25mg): 85.5 mcg T4, 20.25 mcg T3
- 2 ½ grain (162.5mg): 95 mcg T4, 22.5 mcg T3
- 3 grain (195 mg): 114 mcg T4, 27 mcg T3.
- Get real about hypothyroidism. Get Real Thyroid. 2021. https://getrealthyroid.com/
Related medical questions
- Should you take your thyroid medication at night?
- Is Westhroid the same as WP Thyroid?
- What is the difference between NP Thyroid and Armour Thyroid?
- Is your thyroid medication gluten-free?
- How does food interact with your medications?
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?
- Does Armour Thyroid cause weight gain or weight loss?
- Can I take Cytomel and Synthroid together?
- Can Euthyrox cause weight loss?
- How long does Cytomel take to start working?
- Does Cytomel help with weight loss?