Is Tirosint gluten-free?
Yes, Tirosint is gluten free. Tirosint does not contain sugars, dyes, alcohol, wheat starch (gluten), lactose, or any other excipients (inert ingredients) commonly used to make traditional levothyroxine tablets. It is also produced in a dedicated facility, where no other products are made, eliminating the risk of cross-contamination.
Tirosint gel caps contain only 4 ingredients: levothyroxine, gelatin, glycerin, and water.
Tirosint is a brand of levothyroxine (also known as T4) manufactured by IBSA Pharma Inc., a multinational pharmaceutical company with its headquarters in Lugano, Switzerland.
Levothyroxine is a man-made form of thyroxine, a hormone that is produced naturally in the body by the thyroid gland. Tirosint replaces missing thyroxine in people whose thyroid glands do not produce enough thyroxine naturally.
- Tirosint (levothyroxine) Updated 09/2020[CF1] IBSA Pharma Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/tirosint.html
Related medical questions
- Does levothyroxine cause weight gain or loss?
- What happens if you stop taking levothyroxine?
- How soon after taking levothyroxine can I take omeprazole?
- What can I eat for breakfast after taking levothyroxine?
- Can I take other medications with levothyroxine?
- Does levothyroxine cause hair loss?
- Can I lay down after I take levothyroxine?
- How long after taking levothyroxine can you drink milk?
- How long does levothyroxine stay in your system?
- What is the difference between Levoxyl and Synthroid?
- What is the difference between Unithroid and Synthroid?