User Reviews for Tirosint

Learn more about Tirosint.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 26 medications

Underactive Thyroid 17 reviews 32 medications

7.1
Summary of Tirosint reviews 47 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Tirosint

For Hashimoto's disease "I originally tried switching from 50 mcg of levothyroxine to 50 mcg of tirosint. Had horrible headaches and insomnia. I thought it was the med. Turns out this stuff is absorbed way better. I am now on my second trial of this medication only on 25 mcg and it is fabulous. I am slowly starting to feel normal again. And in only 2 weeks my labs are perfect. From what I have read starting the dose lower is best. I wish i would have done this my first try years ago cause I could have been feeling better a lot sooner. Levothyroxine and synthroid were AWFUL. Never felt good, was always depressed, irritable, teeth clenching, anxiety the list goes on. I will pay the price of tirosint to feel human! Praying things continue to get better."

Hashis (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Levoxyl for 15 years and had terrible side effects of reflux, asthma symptoms. The doctors had to put me on all kinds of asthma and GERD medications. Turns out it was the Levoxyl causing all those symptoms. Been on Tirosint for about 2 years and now off all GERD and asthma medications. My endo did not believe there was a correlation, I don't see her anymore. I feel pretty good on Tirosint, my new endo just upped my dosage, so hopefully I'll start losing some of the weight I gained when old endo put me on a lower dose. All in all, I'd rather pay a higher price and feel better than have to deal with all the side effects from the Levoxyl."

Carmelsyd (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I was started on levothyroxin, then Armour and my symptoms were worse than before medication. Tirosint literally gave me my life back. Then new insurance made me try naturethroid. Back to the same misery that plagued me the better part of the year. Whatever the cause or effect in chemistry I am immediately changing back. Brain fog, sore muscles lethargy, fatigue, constant hunger, weight gain. Never again will I try another medicine."

Jouleen February 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "My doctor switched me on Monday to Tirosint from levoxoryn and after 4 days I going back to my old medicine and I thank God I still have some because I can't go another day with this headaches, fatigue and muscle aches. I've been on levoxyl, thinthroid and levoxoryn and none have made me feel this horrible. I was planning on dealing with it to see if the symptoms would go away but I work doing payroll and taxes and this medicine is making me work real slow and making errors so I don't have the luxury to wait and see if in time I feel better. What I don't understand from what I've been reading this is a more pure form of levoxyl so if he's giving the same dosage wouldn't it mean he's over medicating me? I haven't talked to him yet."

Belle209 (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "ON Tiroaint for about 4 months. I certainly have more energy. I have been on synthroid, levoxyl, lecothyroxine and nature throid, this seems to work the best. BUT_ I keep getting rashes in odd places, like my chest and now the backs of my shins, I am starting to think it is the meds as I have not switched detergents and the one I use is free of scent and dyes. Anyone else suffer with rashes on Tirosint. I won't stop, because the rash is better than the way I felt before Tirosint."

MOMNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I was on levothyroxine for a year after my cancer surgery/thyroid removal. it was the worst year of my life. I was seriously hating life, because I hurt every single day. Muscle aches, swelling, every symptom you can imagine. Weight gain was the worst. I fired my endo and waited two months to see the new one. If I wasn't married, I'd propose to the man. In three weeks my life has changed. I can go to the gym, and not feel like I have been hit by a truck. No muscle aches. I have lost 9 lbs. Brain fog is lifting. I sleep better, and my I don't feel like a 47 year old stuck in a 90 year old body. I will pay ANY amount of money and I will NEVER go back."

Loving Tirosint (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on levothyroxine for 10 years and it never did anything for me. My levels were never optimal and I continued to gain weight, be depressed, and waste money on a useless drug. So far with the Tirosint my only side effect is a slight headache. For the first time in my life my hormone levels are excellent, but my wallet is empty. Tirosint is ridiculously expensive. I use a compounding house which sells a month supply to me for $68 (Willow), as opposed to the $125 per month that CVS wanted. I feel the price is a disgrace and something needs to be done about this. I have insurance that does not cover this drug (BCBS). My doctor gave me a discount coupon for $35 a month but Blue Cross Blue Shield would not honor it. Ask your doc for this."

Libby B. October 9, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I have hashimotos/hypothyroid and have been on Tirosint after being on synthroid for the first 7 weeks of my diagnosis. I have been on it for 5 years and absolutely love it. No reaction as there are no fillers or dyes like the other synthetic drugs. Most recently my Doctor added a little T3 and I have never felt better."

FlowerChild101 September 7, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "Love Tirosant..my hair is back and fingernails not broken anymore. Feel great. Was on Armour 6 years got hair loss and lost beautiful nails. Previous meds gave me heart palpitations and not able to sleep. This Med is the real deal, but too expensive"

Dtrx August 17, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "After trying 3 different medicines and a countless number of dosage combinations we found out that my body was not absorbing the tablets properly and the gel capsules allow my body to absorb the proper amounts. After having thyroid cancer at 15 and not being able to find anything that really worked I'm glad we tried this. The only downside is the cost since it is almost triple what I have been paying for every other medications."

Joseyb August 1, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "I have had trouble with my hypothyroidism for 40 years. The last 4 years it has been out of control.. can't keep my levels good. Fall asleep at the drop of a pin. Tired all the time. Doc put me on tirosint. At first I felt like a million bucks!! Then the panic attacks started, bad horrible cramps in my legs and feet. But the worst was feeling like I was in a constant state of DIVERTICULITIS!! I was eating pain meds and on antibiotics for weeks! Then I stopped taking it. it went away.. it has only been a couple of days... but my belly is feeling better, but my aneixty is still running at a 9.. along with the irritability."

Patty 857 June 23, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on the edge of hypothyroidism but not fully diagnosed cause my TSH wasn't considered high enough to be classified but had most of the symptoms so I was given the low dose of a thyroid medication I was so sick, I ended up in the ER with a horrible migraine and throwing up for 14 hrs. My dr. switched me to Tirosint same dose as before and I have no side effects. I am finally feeling human I am not so tired, I am more alert and focused, my TSH level has gone to a much better level."

hbrady21 June 10, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "Thyroid was removed a year ago for papillary cancer, been on levothyroxine since. Gained 20 pounds on generic levothyroxine and felt awful, would wake up with a puffy face and eyes even though blood tests showed in range. My endo just switched me to tirosint and after one week I feel so much better. My face and legs are retaining less water, last time I felt this good was prior to my thyroidectomy. I have celiac and crohns which probably caused absorption issues. I also hate dairy and generic levothyroxine has a dairy base, go figure."

A12345123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I hope that the FDA is reviewing & testing Tirosint. Thought I was going to die after only taking a low dose of Tirosint for a few days. Chest pains, extreme disorientation, very sick, could not stop crying. The hospital did not know what to do. My pharmacist suggested drinking lots of water to get it out of me, which I did. Nightmare experience!!!"

Hope this helps someone... (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "Tirosint has been the best med I've taken for Hashimotos thus far. I tried WesThroid which is NDT (because I've read such good things about it online) and it was terrible, I went hyperthyroid in a big way and had a panic attack at work. Immediately went back to Tirosint. I also take compounded T3 as needed which is extremely helpful. I do hate that I have to pay out of pocket for it each month (BCBS FEP) but it's worth it to feel normal. It's also important to add that I am completely gluten free and heavily limit my processed sugar and dairy intake, that has been crucial in the healing process and no thyroid medication will solve your problems if you have a poor diet."

Margaret626 April 18, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "Personally I really like Tirosint better than any other Thyroid medication I've taken. I was on Armor for 3 months and started to lose my hair and my nails got very thin. Then I switched to Synthroid hoping that my hair would stop falling out. But it only got worse. After a month on Synthroid I lost at least half my hair. So I talked to my Doctor and we switched me to Tirosint and after 3 weeks of using it my hair has barely fallen out! I personally have had no harmful side effects with Tirosint and I am glad I switched. Yes it may be a little pricey a month but its totally worth not having my hair fall out!"

Hypothyroidism Victim March 19, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed in 2001 with hashimotos and just always knew since I was young I we different. I was always tired , insomiac, mental fog with no metabolism. Puberty made it worse and pregnancy sent me into storm. Years of misdiagnosis and remedies I had been on synthroid for years ,, with my numbers saying I was therapeutic, I felt no better. I took myself off all meds and spoke with my nurse prac about trying something new. Tirosent has made me feel so much better. I have internal energy, it's making me feel like getting back into the gym and motivated . Down side is cost. In 4 months it's gone up twice ..paid $104 today.. it hurts us financially but I can't put a price on my health. Guess I'll eat less .. get that benefit too :)"

Systephens March 19, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "Best thyroid drug for people that have had problems with fillers used in other thyroid medications. This drug has changed my life for the better. I have tried many different thyroid medications and was ill on all of them with many trips to the ER because horrible reactions. After 9 years feeling sick with multiple symptoms finally discovered I was allergic to the fillers used in most thyroid medicines. I will say Tirosint is stronger than other thyroid meds and I had to drop my usually dosage of 150 to 125 and have had to slowly work my way back up. I think a lot of people that are having problems with this medicine is the fact that they start on their regular dose and it is too high causes hyper symptoms."

JSmith2006 January 28, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "Absolutely terrible experience on tirosint - landed in ER with chest pains, dizziness, extremely disoriented."

phila December 1, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "Devastating side effects - I have developed severely crippling joint pain in both knees, debilitating nerve pain in feet after 12 weeks of taking this drug for underactive thyroid. Also experiencing muscle spasms, tremors, depression, suicidal thoughts, restlessness, some chest pains and tingling all over body. If I could have given it a lower rating, I would have."

Jial (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2015

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "I had been on levothyroxine for about 6 years with no problems. I got a new doctor closer to my home & he switched me to this drug, On it just 2 weeks I got severe anxiety attacks (hyperventilating). He has given me samples so I do not know if this will be covered by my insurance yet. I got a blood test & he said the levels were fine that I should see my internist for my anxiety. NOT. I will go back on my regular meds for 2 weeks then try this again. I think it is this drug."

Capo98mam October 24, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "I was so exited to find this medication. I had previously been on synthroid and it's generic for over 20 years with no problems and suddenly became intolerant with debilitating side effects. We tried adding Cytemel which cause terrible heart palps and then tried Armour also causing terrible heart palps and chest pain, both meds were reduced greatly with the same effect. I finally found Tirosint and did wonderfully on it for over 6 months, then my stomach had severe issues, through specialists and so many tests, treatments and a whole lot of money we finally stopped Tirosint on a whim. I'm all better stomach wise, but out of options otherwise. Since even compounded T4 uses fillers, I have no more options."

Dee Dee Smith September 6, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on one form of hypothyroid meds for the last 20 years. I have used Tirosint for a year and half. The only thing that I can say for it is the doctor loves it. I hate it. I was hoping it would help with my fatigue, swelling, and forgetfulness. The only thing that has changed for me is my cheeks are redder, I feel bloated all the time, and I am losing my hair. I'm still tired, and still think I'm losing my mind. Logical worked better than all of them including the Armui"

Sherman TX April 6, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid "My disabled brother was previously prescribed generic levothyroxine and brand name, Synthroid. On both, he was basically in a continual state of lethargy to the point where he would fall asleep on the commode or at the dining table. Never heard of Tirosint until requesting help. This medicine has been incredible. No more lethargy and continuous sleeping during the day. Family members have commented that he is more alert, engaged and seems to be happy. They would be correct!"

Very Grateful March 30, 2015

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease "Just Switched from Synthroid. I had been on Synthroid for about 9 years. No fillers.No Brain fog.So Far I feel really good. A lot more Expensive. But I Don't Care.. A lot more Energy. Much better medicine. Try it!"

Luv2Lift March 22, 2015