User Reviews for Tirosint

Underactive Thyroid
6.7

Summary of Tirosint reviews 7.6 60 reviews

Reviews for Tirosint

For Underactive Thyroid "I was excited to switch from synthroid to tirosint because my doctor told me that it was gluten free compared to other medications. I have been on it for a little over a month after switching from synthroid and I feel so terrible, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue , lots of hair loss & weight is stuck and my goiter in my neck is enlarged again. I called my doctor because I want to go back on my synthroid. I did read that some people do better on it than others and I believe it is just not for me."

Bina (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "This medicine I thought would be very good,vboy was I wrong.vIt lowered my numbers but it caused me to run a low grade fever that is making me miserable and I just discovered what was causing the fever. I thought to start looking at all my medicines again and lo and behold it stated that one of the less side effects was fever.vI am going to see if my medical doctor will change it to something else."

dee jayne (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Tirosint saved my life after many years of Synthroid making me gain weight for no reason and failing to keep my levels stable, despite dosage increases. Every doctor I went to brushed off my concerns until finally one mentioned Tirosint. I am finally able to lose weight instead of gain and my thyroid levels have never been better."

ExerciseSweetie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "So I’m still very new to trying tirosint, I started on 100mcg which I personally felt was way too much! I had my doctor send over for a lower dose of 25mcg. It is still to new to really say besides it makes me cold where with out it I’m hot or having hot flash type symptoms. I really want to know why the company packages it in an odd number. A pack is 28 and not 30. My pharmacy is charging for a 30 day pack but I’m getting 28 days worth???? Is there some class action suit needed to be taken on the drug company or cvs pharmacy ?!?"

Hheysunshine (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I had been on synthroid for over 10 years for hypothyroidism. I was then diagnosed last year with Hashimotos. I felt like the Synthroid was no longer working for me. I saw a new Endocrinologist who gave me samples of Tirosint. I am a migraine sufferer and have been for years. I started getting headaches with the Tirosint that were different than my migraines. Not even two weeks after starting Tirosint I had a headache so bad I could not stop puking. I ended up at the ER. As they started an IV and pain/nausea meds they tell me they need to admit me to ICU. My heart rate was 166, and I was in AFIB. I have never had heart problems in my life, and no history in my family. Luckily the drugs they were giving me in my IV put my heart back in rhythm, or they were going to have to stop/restart my heart. Once released from the hospital I never took Tirosint again, and went back to Synthroid. I am now permanently on Cardizem and an aspirin a day."

17895steele (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2018

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I've had my thyroid removed for over ten years now. I've taken generic thyroid medicine, Synthroid, and now Tirosint. The dye in my Synthroid kept me from getting regulated. My body responded well to Tirosint for about 5 consecutive years. Due to insurance changes, I got off of it last year and got back on this year when my physician made a few calls to assist me. To my dismay, Tirosint is not working for me, even with me taking Cytomel to help me digest and absorb it. I'm tired, have thinning hair, levels are at 8.999, and I'm sweating with every movement. I'm quite disappointed that I can't get regulated."

Drea C (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I switched over to Tirosint after taking levothyroxine for the past two years. It worked for me, I felt great and energetic. The only downside after switching is that I gained at least 10-15 lbs, and my face has gotten puffy I hate it. My insurance won’t cover the dose I’m on (150mcg) and it’s just way too expensive out of pocket. I believe my last refill was around $150, the pharmacy was able to bring it down to $113, which is still a lot for only a 28 day supply. I just switched to Armour Thyroid, (90mg). Hopefully that will help with the weight loss, it’s also NDT which is another good alternative if you prefer the natural route."

drread90 November 15, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I had tried Armour thyroid, Synthroid DAW, compounded T3/T4, cytomel and Tirosint was able to control my TSH, T3 and T4 much more than the other drugs. I haven't needed to make many adjustments at all on the medication. I did lose a few pounds in the first month of switching to Tirosint as well."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "After being diagnosed with Hashimoto's (awful ideopathic urticaria/welts from being touched), I was told to try generic Synthroid. My rashes disappeared. Months later, I did a self-trial and came to find out it caused my awful acid reflux (so bad I was screaming and wrenching in pain), so it was a choice of off Synthroid totally or try Tirosint. My TSH and other levels are great and no more daily acid relux. Thank you, Tirosint!"

MaryChi (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "great product over levothyroxine I noticed improved energy Manufacturer coupon does not work still having to pay over $100 once I finish samples I will be going through my MD office"

Pharmacist Rx (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Within minutes of taking pill I started itching like crazy and blister/boil like sores popped up . Stopped taking it for three days itching stopped and boils healed. Its may still have fillers in it"

B1966 July 1, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Synthyroid 50mcg and generic levothyroxine 50mcg. With both medications I had palpitations, heat intolerance, and severe insomina. Synthyroid was worse than levothyroxine. My TSH numbers were fine but I couldn't tolerate the insomina. The positive thing was that I lost 30 pounds. I was switched to Tirostint 50mcg& immediately could finally sleep. No more insomnia, no more palpitations, no more heat intolerance. I recently got my lab work back & I have a normal TSH, but I've started getting hypothyroid-like symptoms I used to have when I was no thyroid medication. So even though my TSH is normal and I can sleep, I am having weight gain, increased constipation, and hair line eczema. Alas I will try another brand!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I have felt horrible for ten years since they removed my thyroid. I was told I didn't metabolize Synthroid properly. My doctor tried everything with negative results. I recently came across a published paper on the NIH website and it mentioned Tirosint. My doctor had never heard of it but she was willing to give it a try. That was two months ago and I have never felt better. I know the drug is expensive but there is a manufacturers coupon online. I ended up paying $35.00 but I would gladly pay full price. That's how good it is!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I originally tried switching from 50 mcg of levothyroxine to 50 mcg of tirosint. Had horrible headaches and insomnia. I thought it was the med. Turns out this stuff is absorbed way better. I am now on my second trial of this medication only on 25 mcg and it is fabulous. I am slowly starting to feel normal again. And in only 2 weeks my labs are perfect. From what I have read starting the dose lower is best. I wish i would have done this my first try years ago cause I could have been feeling better a lot sooner. Levothyroxine and synthroid were AWFUL. Never felt good, was always depressed, irritable, teeth clenching, anxiety the list goes on. I will pay the price of tirosint to feel human! Praying things continue to get better."

Hashis (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Levoxyl for 15 years and had terrible side effects of reflux, asthma symptoms. The doctors had to put me on all kinds of asthma and GERD medications. Turns out it was the Levoxyl causing all those symptoms. Been on Tirosint for about 2 years and now off all GERD and asthma medications. My endo did not believe there was a correlation, I don't see her anymore. I feel pretty good on Tirosint, my new endo just upped my dosage, so hopefully I'll start losing some of the weight I gained when old endo put me on a lower dose. All in all, I'd rather pay a higher price and feel better than have to deal with all the side effects from the Levoxyl."

Carmelsyd (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "I was started on levothyroxin, then Armour and my symptoms were worse than before medication. Tirosint literally gave me my life back. Then new insurance made me try naturethroid. Back to the same misery that plagued me the better part of the year. Whatever the cause or effect in chemistry I am immediately changing back. Brain fog, sore muscles lethargy, fatigue, constant hunger, weight gain. Never again will I try another medicine."

Jouleen February 20, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "My doctor switched me on Monday to Tirosint from levoxoryn and after 4 days I going back to my old medicine and I thank God I still have some because I can't go another day with this headaches, fatigue and muscle aches. I've been on levoxyl, thinthroid and levoxoryn and none have made me feel this horrible. I was planning on dealing with it to see if the symptoms would go away but I work doing payroll and taxes and this medicine is making me work real slow and making errors so I don't have the luxury to wait and see if in time I feel better. What I don't understand from what I've been reading this is a more pure form of levoxyl so if he's giving the same dosage wouldn't it mean he's over medicating me? I haven't talked to him yet."

Belle209 (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease "ON Tiroaint for about 4 months. I certainly have more energy. I have been on synthroid, levoxyl, lecothyroxine and nature throid, this seems to work the best. BUT_ I keep getting rashes in odd places, like my chest and now the backs of my shins, I am starting to think it is the meds as I have not switched detergents and the one I use is free of scent and dyes. Anyone else suffer with rashes on Tirosint. I won't stop, because the rash is better than the way I felt before Tirosint."

MOMNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I was on levothyroxine for a year after my cancer surgery/thyroid removal. it was the worst year of my life. I was seriously hating life, because I hurt every single day. Muscle aches, swelling, every symptom you can imagine. Weight gain was the worst. I fired my endo and waited two months to see the new one. If I wasn't married, I'd propose to the man. In three weeks my life has changed. I can go to the gym, and not feel like I have been hit by a truck. No muscle aches. I have lost 9 lbs. Brain fog is lifting. I sleep better, and my I don't feel like a 47 year old stuck in a 90 year old body. I will pay ANY amount of money and I will NEVER go back."

Loving Tirosint (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on levothyroxine for 10 years and it never did anything for me. My levels were never optimal and I continued to gain weight, be depressed, and waste money on a useless drug. So far with the Tirosint my only side effect is a slight headache. For the first time in my life my hormone levels are excellent, but my wallet is empty. Tirosint is ridiculously expensive. I use a compounding house which sells a month supply to me for $68 (Willow), as opposed to the $125 per month that CVS wanted. I feel the price is a disgrace and something needs to be done about this. I have insurance that does not cover this drug (BCBS). My doctor gave me a discount coupon for $35 a month but Blue Cross Blue Shield would not honor it. Ask your doc for this."

Libby B. October 9, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I have hashimotos/hypothyroid and have been on Tirosint after being on synthroid for the first 7 weeks of my diagnosis. I have been on it for 5 years and absolutely love it. No reaction as there are no fillers or dyes like the other synthetic drugs. Most recently my Doctor added a little T3 and I have never felt better."

FlowerChild101 September 7, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "Love Tirosant..my hair is back and fingernails not broken anymore. Feel great. Was on Armour 6 years got hair loss and lost beautiful nails. Previous meds gave me heart palpitations and not able to sleep. This Med is the real deal, but too expensive"

Dtrx August 17, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "After trying 3 different medicines and a countless number of dosage combinations we found out that my body was not absorbing the tablets properly and the gel capsules allow my body to absorb the proper amounts. After having thyroid cancer at 15 and not being able to find anything that really worked I'm glad we tried this. The only downside is the cost since it is almost triple what I have been paying for every other medications."

Joseyb August 1, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "I have had trouble with my hypothyroidism for 40 years. The last 4 years it has been out of control.. can't keep my levels good. Fall asleep at the drop of a pin. Tired all the time. Doc put me on tirosint. At first I felt like a million bucks!! Then the panic attacks started, bad horrible cramps in my legs and feet. But the worst was feeling like I was in a constant state of DIVERTICULITIS!! I was eating pain meds and on antibiotics for weeks! Then I stopped taking it. it went away.. it has only been a couple of days... but my belly is feeling better, but my aneixty is still running at a 9.. along with the irritability."

Patty 857 June 23, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on the edge of hypothyroidism but not fully diagnosed cause my TSH wasn't considered high enough to be classified but had most of the symptoms so I was given the low dose of a thyroid medication I was so sick, I ended up in the ER with a horrible migraine and throwing up for 14 hrs. My dr. switched me to Tirosint same dose as before and I have no side effects. I am finally feeling human I am not so tired, I am more alert and focused, my TSH level has gone to a much better level."

hbrady21 June 10, 2016