User Reviews for Tirosint

Learn more about Tirosint.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

Underactive Thyroid 16 reviews 30 medications

7.5
Summary of Tirosint reviews 39 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Tirosint

For Hashimoto's disease "Love Tirosant..my hair is back and fingernails not broken anymore. Feel great. Was on Armour 6 years got hair loss and lost beautiful nails. Previous meds gave me heart palpitations and not able to sleep. This Med is the real deal, but too expensive"

Dtrx August 17, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "After trying 3 different medicines and a countless number of dosage combinations we found out that my body was not absorbing the tablets properly and the gel capsules allow my body to absorb the proper amounts. After having thyroid cancer at 15 and not being able to find anything that really worked I'm glad we tried this. The only downside is the cost since it is almost triple what I have been paying for every other medications."

Joseyb August 1, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "I have had trouble with my hypothyroidism for 40 years. The last 4 years it has been out of control.. can't keep my levels good. Fall asleep at the drop of a pin. Tired all the time. Doc put me on tirosint. At first I felt like a million bucks!! Then the panic attacks started, bad horrible cramps in my legs and feet. But the worst was feeling like I was in a constant state of DIVERTICULITIS!! I was eating pain meds and on antibiotics for weeks! Then I stopped taking it. it went away.. it has only been a couple of days... but my belly is feeling better, but my aneixty is still running at a 9.. along with the irritability."

Patty 857 June 23, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on the edge of hypothyroidism but not fully diagnosed cause my TSH wasn't considered high enough to be classified but had most of the symptoms so I was given the low dose of a thyroid medication I was so sick, I ended up in the ER with a horrible migraine and throwing up for 14 hrs. My dr. switched me to Tirosint same dose as before and I have no side effects. I am finally feeling human I am not so tired, I am more alert and focused, my TSH level has gone to a much better level."

hbrady21 June 10, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "Thyroid was removed a year ago for papillary cancer, been on levothyroxine since. Gained 20 pounds on generic levothyroxine and felt awful, would wake up with a puffy face and eyes even though blood tests showed in range. My endo just switched me to tirosint and after one week I feel so much better. My face and legs are retaining less water, last time I felt this good was prior to my thyroidectomy. I have celiac and crohns which probably caused absorption issues. I also hate dairy and generic levothyroxine has a dairy base, go figure."

A12345123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I hope that the FDA is reviewing & testing Tirosint. Thought I was going to die after only taking a low dose of Tirosint for a few days. Chest pains, extreme disorientation, very sick, could not stop crying. The hospital did not know what to do. My pharmacist suggested drinking lots of water to get it out of me, which I did. Nightmare experience!!!"

Hope this helps someone... (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "Tirosint has been the best med I've taken for Hashimotos thus far. I tried WesThroid which is NDT (because I've read such good things about it online) and it was terrible, I went hyperthyroid in a big way and had a panic attack at work. Immediately went back to Tirosint. I also take compounded T3 as needed which is extremely helpful. I do hate that I have to pay out of pocket for it each month (BCBS FEP) but it's worth it to feel normal. It's also important to add that I am completely gluten free and heavily limit my processed sugar and dairy intake, that has been crucial in the healing process and no thyroid medication will solve your problems if you have a poor diet."

Margaret626 April 18, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "Personally I really like Tirosint better than any other Thyroid medication I've taken. I was on Armor for 3 months and started to lose my hair and my nails got very thin. Then I switched to Synthroid hoping that my hair would stop falling out. But it only got worse. After a month on Synthroid I lost at least half my hair. So I talked to my Doctor and we switched me to Tirosint and after 3 weeks of using it my hair has barely fallen out! I personally have had no harmful side effects with Tirosint and I am glad I switched. Yes it may be a little pricey a month but its totally worth not having my hair fall out!"

Hypothyroidism Victim March 19, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed in 2001 with hashimotos and just always knew since I was young I we different. I was always tired , insomiac, mental fog with no metabolism. Puberty made it worse and pregnancy sent me into storm. Years of misdiagnosis and remedies I had been on synthroid for years ,, with my numbers saying I was therapeutic, I felt no better. I took myself off all meds and spoke with my nurse prac about trying something new. Tirosent has made me feel so much better. I have internal energy, it's making me feel like getting back into the gym and motivated . Down side is cost. In 4 months it's gone up twice ..paid $104 today.. it hurts us financially but I can't put a price on my health. Guess I'll eat less .. get that benefit too :)"

Systephens March 19, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "Best thyroid drug for people that have had problems with fillers used in other thyroid medications. This drug has changed my life for the better. I have tried many different thyroid medications and was ill on all of them with many trips to the ER because horrible reactions. After 9 years feeling sick with multiple symptoms finally discovered I was allergic to the fillers used in most thyroid medicines. I will say Tirosint is stronger than other thyroid meds and I had to drop my usually dosage of 150 to 125 and have had to slowly work my way back up. I think a lot of people that are having problems with this medicine is the fact that they start on their regular dose and it is too high causes hyper symptoms."

JSmith2006 January 28, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "Absolutely terrible experience on tirosint - landed in ER with chest pains, dizziness, extremely disoriented."

phila December 1, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "Devastating side effects - I have developed severely crippling joint pain in both knees, debilitating nerve pain in feet after 12 weeks of taking this drug for underactive thyroid. Also experiencing muscle spasms, tremors, depression, suicidal thoughts, restlessness, some chest pains and tingling all over body. If I could have given it a lower rating, I would have."

Jial (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I had been on levothyroxine for about 6 years with no problems. I got a new doctor closer to my home & he switched me to this drug, On it just 2 weeks I got severe anxiety attacks (hyperventilating). He has given me samples so I do not know if this will be covered by my insurance yet. I got a blood test & he said the levels were fine that I should see my internist for my anxiety. NOT. I will go back on my regular meds for 2 weeks then try this again. I think it is this drug."

Capo98mam October 24, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "I was so exited to find this medication. I had previously been on synthroid and it's generic for over 20 years with no problems and suddenly became intolerant with debilitating side effects. We tried adding Cytemel which cause terrible heart palps and then tried Armour also causing terrible heart palps and chest pain, both meds were reduced greatly with the same effect. I finally found Tirosint and did wonderfully on it for over 6 months, then my stomach had severe issues, through specialists and so many tests, treatments and a whole lot of money we finally stopped Tirosint on a whim. I'm all better stomach wise, but out of options otherwise. Since even compounded T4 uses fillers, I have no more options."

Dee Dee Smith September 6, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on one form of hypothyroid meds for the last 20 years. I have used Tirosint for a year and half. The only thing that I can say for it is the doctor loves it. I hate it. I was hoping it would help with my fatigue, swelling, and forgetfulness. The only thing that has changed for me is my cheeks are redder, I feel bloated all the time, and I am losing my hair. I'm still tired, and still think I'm losing my mind. Logical worked better than all of them including the Armui"

Sherman TX April 6, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "My disabled brother was previously prescribed generic levothyroxine and brand name, Synthroid. On both, he was basically in a continual state of lethargy to the point where he would fall asleep on the commode or at the dining table. Never heard of Tirosint until requesting help. This medicine has been incredible. No more lethargy and continuous sleeping during the day. Family members have commented that he is more alert, engaged and seems to be happy. They would be correct!"

Very Grateful March 30, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "Just Switched from Synthroid. I had been on Synthroid for about 9 years. No fillers.No Brain fog.So Far I feel really good. A lot more Expensive. But I Don't Care.. A lot more Energy. Much better medicine. Try it!"

Luv2Lift March 22, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "i've tried EVERYTHING. armour did not work for me at all. neither did levoxyl. i know people who swear by armour. i've tried generics. the generic made by abbott lab worked really well (tbey also make synthroid). while i felt better on synthroid or abbott's generic, i did not feel NORMAL. much to my surprise, i feel normal on tirosint. i have energy i haven't had for more than 15 years.... i don't know whether my thyroid will stabilize with this -- but i feel the urge to exercise which i've never had on anything else. my brain is clear and my vision is improving. blood levels were always 'normal' on everything else. but that doesn't mean it was getting cell use.... too expensive, but i can't afford to keep feeling crappy or less than.."

crissy mouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "I have have Hashimotos. Tirosint has changed my life for the good!!!! I have taken it for four months and I have felt like a human being again. I was a like a zombie for 10 years on stupid Armour. Fortunately I received a bad batch of Armour that sent me to the ER twice last October which prompted my medication change to Tirosint. I want to let everyone know with Hashimotos that Tirosint is truly a God sent medication. I hope it works for you like it has for me. I had no idea how sick I was on stupid Armour. That's what I call it because Armour made me stupid. I couldn't think straight while taking it. Now with Tirosint I'm a force to be reckoned with!! I have a New job and have tons of energy! I have been reorganizing and cleaning my house"

LeighaV (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "The only problem with Tirosint capsules is the out of pocket price... We are low fixed income due to my hubby being an Elderly Disabled Vet and I must be home taking care of him so nearly $44/mo comes out of the grocery $; Yet I prefer Tirosint capsules over any other thyroid meds I have had because I have not had any negative reaction to it like I have all the others I have tried; Levothyroxine tablets I get big migraines. With Armour allergic reaction that makes me into a zombie. "

Smiling Heidi February 20, 2015

For TSH Suppression "I bless Tirosint, after suffering so many gastrointestinal and allergic problems with Synthroid. Tirosint has made all these disappear and I feel more normal again, even in just a week of switching. Cost is the only criteria. I am told you can get coupons."

meera01 December 12, 2014

For Underactive Thyroid "Excellent medication! So much better than Synthroid or Levothyroxine. Only problem is the expense! "

Laura Casey (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2014

For Hashimoto's disease "I started on Tirosint when they stopped making Levoxyl. I had tried the generic Levothyroxine, but I am lactose intolerant, and the fillers in them did not work well for me. I've been taking Tirosint for two years now, and I have never felt better. My TSH levels are optimal, I have better energy, sleep better, and the bloated feeling I had with the generic is gone."

COMtnGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2014

For Hashimoto's disease "Tirosint is a God sent medication, after many side effects from generic and brand name Synthroid it was determined that I should try this brand. I was never normal until this medication (metabolically, physically or mentally). It just works best. I am my old me again before Hasimoto's disease."

MrsDMarshall (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "The best I have felt since removal of thyroid in July of 2012 after trying combination of dosage to eliminate the dye and other additives."

bbmjenjen1 March 12, 2014