User Reviews for Tirosint

Hashimoto's disease 6.7
Summary of Tirosint reviews 6.9 106 reviews

Reviews for Tirosint

DCGIRL · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 28, 2020

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I went on Tirosint when Levoxyl stopped working after they changed the formulary. It worked great until March or so of this year. Now my hair is falling out, I’ve gained 8 lbs., my temp is 96, I’m exhausted, etc. because of the pandemic, I didn’t figure it out right away. Obviously hypothyroidism and I’m so bummed. Awaiting test results and a consult with my doctor. What did they do to Tirosint? Synthroid or Levoxyl don’t work for me. What do I do next? What a nightmare.”

Mic · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “For the people who have concerns with hair loss. I have heard that if you need and can tolerate taking zinc supplement it decreases hair loss and also helps convert the t4 to t3. As always consult your Dr”

Beth · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 11, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “I have been on Tirosint for 5 year and have done fairly well on it. This past April 2020 I noticed the distributor of the drug changed but thought nothing of it. I then developed a pain in my left shoulder and also began to have an incredibly itchy rash located on my front shins. My Endo suggested it looked like an allergic reaction. We increased my dose to a higher one over five days and when I started the higher dose the rash got better but then returned. I have now switched to Synthroid and the rash has gone completely. I suspect the casing of the drug has changed with the new distributor, which doesn't make much sense. I think something has happened to the drug that they aren't telling us.”

A.A · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 1, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have had underactive thyroid for 8 years. I could not handle synthroid and was always going off. I like tirosint at first I am only on small dosage 13, but my hair was falling so bad so I started taking 2 pills during corona because of no dr. It stopped hair breakage but if I take it too much I get headaches and have trouble sleeping but now if I take 13 only I get bad depression and my hair falls out again. Overall I like meds I am diagnosed with hashimotos and this is just my life my own thyroid not being regulated. I have bad headache today so I can't take 2 tomorrow so I guess I can prep for severe depression. oy ve!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “I am not the patient but have power of attorney for her. She's my mother in law and I've been caring for her medical needs for more than 15 years. She has Alzheimers disease and is now in memory care. I've been unable to visit her since the Covid started. We can talk through the mobile phone and see her through a window. She is so frail now. Losing weight. Won't eat much. Sleeps almost continually. Begs to see her family. Was changed from Levothyroxine about 3 months ago to Tirosint. Going downhill continually. 95 years old and getting good care in her memory facility (we are lucky). But this drug seems to be making her worse. Get used to it. This is what Socialized Medicine looks like.”

Ash May 19, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been using Tirosint for over 8 months. I feel good and more energetic during my day. I can actually get more work done without having to take a mid day nap. However, I haven’t done blood work to see how the real effects are taking place within, but for the pass two months I starting experiencing terrible joint pains in my wrist, fingers and legs. So I’m starting to wonder base on some of the other comments if this med is cause these pains.”

bbaker · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been on several thyroid medications for 8 plus years. I was always tired fatigue, hair loss extreme weight gain. I started Tirosint and instantly I started feeling better.”

Jaclyn · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I took my first dose of Tirosint in the morning and within a half hour my ears started ringing and I got a bad headache. By the time it was bedtime I felt so nervous and shaky that I never fell asleep. It was an awful experience. The next day I went back to my Synthroid.”

NancyPants · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “Started this at the new year. My hair is falling out like crazzzzzy. It's been very distressing to see. It says it can cause hair loss but in time will correct itself. I really hope it stops soon! My numbers look good (or at least that is what my doctor thinks)”

isabelle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 2, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been on every and I mean every thyroid medication known to my doctor. The Tirosint had worked the best because of my gluten and lactose issues. However, my insurance company refuses to pay for the medication and since my husband is retiring soon, I will have to go off my meds altogether. I simply cannot afford to pay. I also suffer from Lupus and other autoimmune diseases.”

Rita · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 19, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “After 12 years of struggling with Synthroid and also trying NP Thyroid which was worse. I finally found an Endocrinologist that agreed that the binders in other thyroid medications were causing my Hashimoto’s autoimmune to react therefore kept my TSH to not be in control. I have been on Tirosint for a little over a year and have noticed a great improvement to the point of not having hypothyroid symptoms. I would suggest the makers of Tirosint should make it clear of the importance of allowing 4 hours from taking the medication and eating or taking other supplements so it does not interfere. I am forever grateful to the Manufacturers of Tirosint for making this very clean thyroid medication because binders really do play a factor in Hashimoto’s. I just hope I do not develop a sensitivity to glycerin.”

Big Bird November 16, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “Hypo/Hsahis - 42 years. I recently moved and I went to an Endocrinologist that looked at the last several years of labs and advised she could see I was not absorbing meds, so she put me on Tirosint. My TSH was 14.99. 3 weeks later, my TSH was .78. After that, depression, anxiety, irritability, mood swings and major bathroom issues around the clock for a month. Went to Mayo Clinic to figure this out and after 2 months on Tirosint, my TSH was 43.2. No one believes I am taking meds. Yes, I am. Mayo put me on NP Thyroid last week. Tirosint had already done it's damage to my gut. I ended up in the ER Monday with severe stomach pains/bloating, pressure, pain, bleeding. CT scan revealed ulcerative colitis. I took med as prescribed. Dr. that prescribed it to me called me and told me that she can CLEARLY see I stopped taking my medication over 2 weeks ago. No. I have no thyroid, my Hashis attacked it and it is no longer there. I am 100% dependent on thyroid replacement now.”

KA · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Thyroid removed in 2014 due to cancer. Have been on every medicine out there. I was happy on Naturethroid until change in 2018 and it quit working. Not happy with NP or Synthroid. Just tried Tirosint 6 weeks ago. Noticed a lot of aches and pains have disappeared. Although this med is absorbed much easier for me and I had to start skipping a day every 5th day on 125. If I didn't - I experienced pains in lower legs and other signs of over treatment. I just got my blood work and TSH was 1.19. So its working very well. Could prob go on 100 but Dr is happy with what I am doing. I had a small amount of hashimoto in my removed thyroid. This med is stronger than levo so be careful when switching. I was on 135 levo before the switch and started on 125 of this med and I could tell it was still too much. I even eat breakfast with mine. It doesn't even bother it. So those with gastro issues try eating with your dose. I'm happy and hope it stays this way for a while. I'm tired of switching meds.”

Boston22 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 31, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Been on Tirosint for 7yrs after switching from other forms of levothyroxine. Been doing great on it, with small dose changes, when needed. 4-months ago, was feeling unwell, endo tested me & my TSH was highest it's been since before I started Tirosint. We increased my dose, I'm now worse with full hypo symptoms that are affecting all areas of my life & functioning (intense pain, fatigue, brain fog, menstrual issues, etc.) Just had my thyroid panel & my TSH has climbed HIGHER, on a Tirosint dose increase -opposite of what should be happening. Hasn't been this high since my thyroid was removed. I contacted the Tirosint manufacturer to see if the formulation has changed -NO RESPONSE. Will contact all the necessary channels to find out what's going on. It seems obvious that it must be the meds, since my issues coincide w/their packaging & capsule sizes changing. I'm livid that they haven't responded. People's lives are at stake. Those without thyroids NEED effective hormone replacement to LIVE.”

Sa August 28, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “So great! No side effects! Wicked expensive but that's my only complaint. Levo was fine too but has fillers and gluten. Armour made me feel like death. This one is the best.”

Anonymous August 23, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I started taking this drug Tirosint a year ago and initially felt more awake, energetic and happier. I lost some weight and was back to a comfortable maintenance weight pre-thyroid issues, but in the past few months, I have gained it all back and then some more. I honestly notice no difference in my energy levels now and in fact notice my immune system is much worse than before. I think this may all be due to the recent change in manufacturer, as all the side effects have shown up since early this year, but I’m ready to be off this drug.”

Ree August 11, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Graves Disease/RAI Diagnosed 2004 Today is day 19 on Tirosint I have rapid heart heartbeat, shortness of breath, waking up gasping for air, body sore in the weirdest places, hips, calves, under both arm pits, as if they are bruised. MAJOR anxiety, I feel like I am vibrating throughout my entire body, shaking so bad I sliced my finger open cutting veggies earlier. Zero history of any sort of anxiety issues. Have experienced a few episodes of leg cramping but the seized muscle from my neck down into my shoulder on the left side is very painful. Maybe the dose is too high because it is a concentrated more natural version, which I understand, not chancing anything more serious. I have read wonderful reviews about this medication & we are all different, this is simply my experience.”

Anonymous August 11, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have to say I was excited to triosint but after roughly 8-9 weeks I started to notice tingling in my legs and left arm. I also noticed redness on my chest and vision issues. I wouldn’t have thought it was the medication but since I don’t take it one day out of the week usually every Sunday I would start to feel better by end of day once I started to take it again on Mondays my usual schedule usually by 4 hours later I started to get the tingling feeling again. My legs felt week and knees and joints were hurting. I do better on synthroid”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 26, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was doing great on Tirosint until manufacturers changed to IBSA. I developed gastritis and arthritic neck pain, fatigue, and weakness. Felt like had the flu. This medication has cost me a lot of time and money. Please start checking for any manufacture changes to your thyroid medication.”

nancy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “first of all there is coupons for this and i pick it up from walmart for 28.30. Search coupons free for Tirosint. I first tried a company which is a SCAM company. They charged me 50 dollars saying my medication was going to be 60 a month, too late I gave the scum bags my credit card and forget this bogus company out of Florida. The medication doesn't work for me, my hair falls out, I'm tired and I'm gaining weight, so I'm going back to a compound which worked for me in the past. Good luck everyone with this,.,, uggh”

Happy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I am allergic to the binders in most meds. Tirosint has been a game changer for me. My thyroid med no longer make me sick. It is very pricy here $153.00 was for a 28 day supply now has changed to a 30 day supply. ( I do not have insurance currently.). With insurance I was paying $83.00 a month.”

Gk July 17, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “Was put on tirosint but it caused me major anxiety weakness and insomnia. Do not recommend.”

Titi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I had a concern related to feeling bad and now I have a problem. The doctor recommended me Tirosint for 28 days. My results used to be optimal. I just got results and my TSH is 9. I never ever had more than 1 after being medicated for 12 years. Feeling really frustrated.”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 12, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have been on Tirosint for 21 months along with a T3 only med. But for the past month I have been exhibiting hypo symptoms when nothing else has changed. This is for the 100 mcg dosage. I called the number on the box and reported my symptoms. The woman said she has been getting other complaints and recently, too. What's important to note is that in December 2018 Tirosint changed distributors. I think there is a batch consistency issue. I am sleeping 12 hours a night, having depression (nothing changed in my life), increased joint pain and severe fatigue. The only reason I rated it an 8 is because for the first year-and-a-half, with the old distributor, I had no issues. I REALLY don't want to change thyroid meds again. That would be devastating.”

Jenny · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I have been taken Tirosint for a week and it makes me feel great! More energy, sense of well being and less water retention. I have no side effects until now. I am Italian and in Italy the price is 7.40 euro ( 8.30 $) for one month supply. I take a package with 30 (not 28!), 50 mg each. So I can't understand why you pay so much and I'm sorry for you.”