User Reviews for Tirosint

Learn more about Tirosint.

Tirosint Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of Underactive Thyroid.

Reviews for Tirosint to treat Underactive Thyroid

"Within minutes of taking pill I started itching like crazy and blister/boil like sores popped up . Stopped taking it for three days itching stopped and boils healed. Its may still have fillers in it"

B1966 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor switched me on Monday to Tirosint from levoxoryn and after 4 days I going back to my old medicine and I thank God I still have some because I can't go another day with this headaches, fatigue and muscle aches. I've been on levoxyl, thinthroid and levoxoryn and none have made me feel this horrible. I was planning on dealing with it to see if the symptoms would go away but I work doing payroll and taxes and this medicine is making me work real slow and making errors so I don't have the luxury to wait and see if in time I feel better. What I don't understand from what I've been reading this is a more pure form of levoxyl so if he's giving the same dosage wouldn't it mean he's over medicating me? I haven't talked to him yet."

Belle209 (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had trouble with my hypothyroidism for 40 years. The last 4 years it has been out of control.. can't keep my levels good. Fall asleep at the drop of a pin. Tired all the time. Doc put me on tirosint. At first I felt like a million bucks!! Then the panic attacks started, bad horrible cramps in my legs and feet. But the worst was feeling like I was in a constant state of DIVERTICULITIS!! I was eating pain meds and on antibiotics for weeks! Then I stopped taking it. it went away.. it has only been a couple of days... but my belly is feeling better, but my aneixty is still running at a 9.. along with the irritability."

Patty 857 June 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on the edge of hypothyroidism but not fully diagnosed cause my TSH wasn't considered high enough to be classified but had most of the symptoms so I was given the low dose of a thyroid medication I was so sick, I ended up in the ER with a horrible migraine and throwing up for 14 hrs. My dr. switched me to Tirosint same dose as before and I have no side effects. I am finally feeling human I am not so tired, I am more alert and focused, my TSH level has gone to a much better level."

hbrady21 June 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Personally I really like Tirosint better than any other Thyroid medication I've taken. I was on Armor for 3 months and started to lose my hair and my nails got very thin. Then I switched to Synthroid hoping that my hair would stop falling out. But it only got worse. After a month on Synthroid I lost at least half my hair. So I talked to my Doctor and we switched me to Tirosint and after 3 weeks of using it my hair has barely fallen out! I personally have had no harmful side effects with Tirosint and I am glad I switched. Yes it may be a little pricey a month but its totally worth not having my hair fall out!"

Hypothyroidism Victim March 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Devastating side effects - I have developed severely crippling joint pain in both knees, debilitating nerve pain in feet after 12 weeks of taking this drug for underactive thyroid. Also experiencing muscle spasms, tremors, depression, suicidal thoughts, restlessness, some chest pains and tingling all over body. If I could have given it a lower rating, I would have."

Jial (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on levothyroxine for about 6 years with no problems. I got a new doctor closer to my home & he switched me to this drug, On it just 2 weeks I got severe anxiety attacks (hyperventilating). He has given me samples so I do not know if this will be covered by my insurance yet. I got a blood test & he said the levels were fine that I should see my internist for my anxiety. NOT. I will go back on my regular meds for 2 weeks then try this again. I think it is this drug."

Capo98mam October 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on one form of hypothyroid meds for the last 20 years. I have used Tirosint for a year and half. The only thing that I can say for it is the doctor loves it. I hate it. I was hoping it would help with my fatigue, swelling, and forgetfulness. The only thing that has changed for me is my cheeks are redder, I feel bloated all the time, and I am losing my hair. I'm still tired, and still think I'm losing my mind. Logical worked better than all of them including the Armui"

Sherman TX April 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My disabled brother was previously prescribed generic levothyroxine and brand name, Synthroid. On both, he was basically in a continual state of lethargy to the point where he would fall asleep on the commode or at the dining table. Never heard of Tirosint until requesting help. This medicine has been incredible. No more lethargy and continuous sleeping during the day. Family members have commented that he is more alert, engaged and seems to be happy. They would be correct!"

Very Grateful March 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"i've tried EVERYTHING. armour did not work for me at all. neither did levoxyl. i know people who swear by armour. i've tried generics. the generic made by abbott lab worked really well (tbey also make synthroid). while i felt better on synthroid or abbott's generic, i did not feel NORMAL. much to my surprise, i feel normal on tirosint. i have energy i haven't had for more than 15 years.... i don't know whether my thyroid will stabilize with this -- but i feel the urge to exercise which i've never had on anything else. my brain is clear and my vision is improving. blood levels were always 'normal' on everything else. but that doesn't mean it was getting cell use.... too expensive, but i can't afford to keep feeling crappy or less than.."

crissy mouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The only problem with Tirosint capsules is the out of pocket price... We are low fixed income due to my hubby being an Elderly Disabled Vet and I must be home taking care of him so nearly $44/mo comes out of the grocery $; Yet I prefer Tirosint capsules over any other thyroid meds I have had because I have not had any negative reaction to it like I have all the others I have tried; Levothyroxine tablets I get big migraines. With Armour allergic reaction that makes me into a zombie. "

Smiling Heidi February 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Excellent medication! So much better than Synthroid or Levothyroxine. Only problem is the expense! "

Laura Casey (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Tirosint for over 6 months and during that time I've had fluctuating blood pressure, sore neck and throat, sleepless nights, nervousness, and generally not feeling well. While it may work for some, it didn't work for me. I am now on the natural hormone Armour thyroid and I hope to stay on it. "

atrast (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tirosint has been great for me. I have hypothyroidism and was starting to have recurring symptoms. Tirosint got rid of these symptoms. My recurring symptoms while on Levoxyl (but only after over ten years on it) were- puffy face, constipation, fatigue. When I took Tirosint the symptoms were gone. I am very happy with Tirosint. I have no side effects."

paticia July 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the best thyroid medicine I have taken. I took the generic for several years, I was constantly tired and miserable. Finally, I found Tirosint and I have been so much better. I have been on Tirosint for a year now and I am so glad to have it. I have not had any side effects."

hypotraycee April 5, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Severe gastritis while on this pill. Liked the way I felt on it otherwise so stayed on it for months, but unfortunately had to go off it to settle my stomach."

Anonymous February 11, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Armore compound 90 mg for last 2 years but started on the new Armore formula and had trouble with too much T3 and went to hyperthyroid. My endocrinologist changed me to Tirosint and it is a gel cap form, which is easy on the system. They are individual packaged, don't know why. After a few weeks I had a flare of hives and itching and some hair loss, but now I seem to be doing great! I will be excited to test my blood work to see the levels in a few weeks. I am hoping it will help with my fertility. "

cherfly737 October 10, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zero to a few side effects! Great alternative to Levoxyl if you have an upset stomach or nausea with any other thyroid medications."

Anonymous July 22, 2011