User Reviews for NP Thyroid

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about NP Thyroid.

TSH Suppression

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of NP Thyroid reviews 8.2 13 reviews

Reviews for NP Thyroid

For Hashimoto's disease "Not sure yet how I feel after a week. I feel jittery ( not sure if that’s a word)... almost like I can’t do anything right. Scared, emotional. But I do like that I feel less sleepy no headaches from it. So hoping once it gets in my system good this feeling will go away."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I used to be on Armour. The pharmacist changed me to Thyroid NP. I still feel great! No problems at all!"

Nikki VP January 8, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Inconsistent treatment! This medication caused me dizziness, restlessness, cold sweats, sleep problems, as well as concentration problems. While taking it, my function was a roller coaster ride. For a few days it would work and then I would suddenly have some or all the side effects. It took me 6 months to figure out what was causing these issues. The medication seems to have quite inconsistent effects."

Tamara A. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I just had my doses upped and now I am gritting my teeth to the point of having a really bad sore jaw and teeth. Can't eat on the right side at all"

TonyaPTompkins October 12, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Was taking Armour Thyroid 90mg, and the pharmacy switched me to this NP thyroid as a generic and it was awful experience, was like I wasn't taking anything at all, like they just gave me a placebo or something. Not sure why such a dramatic difference, but this was just my experience, now at the pharmacy you have to specify brand name only by your doctor to make sure you get the Armour Thyroid, pre warning, unless it works for you then awesome."

ADS1988 May 31, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I have taken both the generic and Synthroid for 10 years, trying desperately to stop the hair loss. Three months ago my endocrinologist switched me to NP and within 3 weeks my hair stopped falling out. I do still have very dry skin, but otherwise I feel good."

Hestermom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Have taken Armour thyroid for 45 years. Pharmacy switched me to a Acella thyroid np. After a couple of weeks I realized something was wrong. Low energy and just slowed down. Pharmacist insisted that was Armour thyroid! My experience is that acella thyroid is garbage and smells awful too."

Kim L March 9, 2017

For TSH Suppression "I needed to be on Armour Thyroid because Synthetic Thyroid didn't work on me. I could not convert T3 to T4. Now the company has re Formulated "Armour" and it doesn't work. "NP Thyroid" works Very well."

Jim C. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "Took Armour Thyroid for the last 10 years. When the formula was changed a couple of years ago, all of the hypothyroid symptoms set in. Weight gain, hair loss, etc. My new doctor switched my prescription to NP Thyroid about 6 months ago. Such a huge improvement!!"

Julie G April 7, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I might have taken to much but it gave me symptoms of a stroke after 7 hours in the ER they said my levels of T4 were really high I think it was 7 as I had been on the 90 mg day from 30mg so maybe I went up too fast"

tina louise (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I have only 1 lobe of thyroid after having a weird mass. For 2yrs the thyroid seemed to do ok. Then bamm I became underactive. I flat out told my Dr NO synthetics. I wanted to try Amour. I have been taking NP Thyroid for almost 3 weeks. I do feel somewhat better but have noticed an extreme swing in my mood for a hour or so after taking it. Also I feel like I wanna eat like there is no tomorrow"

GracieGurlee (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "NP is the best NDT on the market today. I have tried EVERYTHING. Was suggested this by Mayo Clinic in MN. I would give it a "10" but it's very very hard to get exactly right....you will have ups and downs. Which technically isn't the fault of the medication. Don't increase your dosage too quickly...happened to me a few times. BE PATIENT and RESEARCH. It will take time to get back to "normal". Good luck and DON'T QUIT!"

DZG333 July 31, 2015

"Some leg cramps ,increased heart rate. All thyroid problems resolved."

Anonymous April 4, 2015