User Reviews for NP Thyroid

3.8

Underactive Thyroid

Summary of NP Thyroid reviews 4.5 43 reviews

Reviews for NP Thyroid

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on levothyroxine for over 2 years and had constant palpitations, anxiety, and heat intolerance. Thyroid levels were WNL [within normal limits], saw a new endo who let me discontinue because my initial TSH was under 10. After 3 months of no meds, I had zero energy and all of my muscles and joints hurt. Started NP thyroid and I feel so much better, but I am gaining weight, about 6lbs so far and don't seem to be plateauing."

JJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Armour thyroid as was doing, ok. Not great but certainly better than when I was on synthroid. Then my pharmacy changed my prescription to NP thyroid from ACE with out telling me and I have been horribly sick to my stomach, head aches, exhausted, confused and foggy brained. No medicine is worth this."

Sickntired (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease "I have tried almost all the desiccated thyroid meds. This one is by far the most effective without reactions to the fillers in the others."

DC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "I had intense joint pain and swelling"

Katt (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease "I started taking NP Thyroid after Naturethroid and WP went on backorder. Didn't know it until now when I restarted WP that NP has been the cause of my hives, itching & of course weight gain over the last 2 yrs. Restarted WP and after 2 days itching went away."

FeliciaH (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "I switched from Nature-thyroid to NP Acella due to the lack of availability. I was on Nature-thyroid for 3 years and felt great. Normal :) I have not done well on NP ....I went back on NT for a few months and felt “normal” again. I returned to NP and felt sick yet again. I stuck it out for 6 weeks so I could do labs and raised my dose. I did not go hyper but the ill feeling got worse. I have no sensitivities, allergies etc. I did not think switching to NP would be difficult. I've tested this 2x now and the same response. My symptoms each time on NP are; headaches eventually becoming migraines. Severe leg edema. Dry eye, rash on my face, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, tired, food tastes like cardboard, and general feeling of unwell. All of these symptoms are signs of hypo for me and I haven’t had them at all since I was treated with NT. I’m not against NP but wanted to share it isn’t working for me for unknown reason."

Kel April 7, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "TSH went up from 1.3 to 12.8 while taking NP thyroid. It did nothing for me but cause terrible brain fog, joint pain, stomach issues, etc. Going back to Levothyroxine and going to add small amount of T3."

Punker March 15, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease "Finally a medication that works wonderfully! I have never felt better. So far so good! Used to be on Naturethroid. Had heart palpitations, highs and lows. The Stop The Thyroid Madness Support Group I follow has its members highly recommending NP by Acella. However I do not understand the shortages in these thyroid medications when they are so desperately needed! The AMA has a lot of catching up to do because their protocol is counter intuitive and productive for patients like me who have been UN and UNDER Diagnosed for years! Time to wake up !"

GAT February 24, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease "I've been on the 60mg for a couple of months with NO improvement to any of my symptoms. Dr. upped me to 90mg about 3 weeks ago, again, with no improvement. I feel like I am taking a worthless placebo and am wasting my time and now, my local pharmacies are having trouble filling it due to a warehouse backorder. At least there have been no side-effects for me, but I'd rather have some minor side-effect with a drug that does what it's supposed to than something that doesn't work at all."

beckster308 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Walmart pharmacy substituted NP for Armour thyroid. It makes me very depressed, sleepless and fatigue. It makes me angry because they did this without my permission after I told them before that I didn’t want NP because of the same issues before. I would avoid NP!!!!"

DorrieL (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "Was doing well on Naturethroid, up until they seemed to change the formula. So switched to NP. Fatigue ok BUT brain fog much worse, painful joints, stiffness in muscles and leg pain that feels similar to restless legs. The worst symptom though, is headaches. Constant. Am now experimenting with altering my dose (again!) but I’ll have to swap to Armour I think. I’m in the U.K. Getting hold of NDT is like finding a unicorn. I despair. I wish Naturethroid had never changed. I know they deny a reformulation but it worked like a dream for me before their manufacturing issues and I felt well. Now I’m back in the hypo pit and it’s dreadful."

Momof3 January 27, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid "This medication is awful. It has caused stomach issues and body pain, crying all the time. Does not seem consistent in dosing. Don't recommend this at all."

County girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Like most with the WP/naturethroid shortage, was switched to this drug back in 2017. On it 4 months; 120mg/2 grains in am, & 30mg/a half grain in the afternoon. Managed to get back on naturethyroid right when it became available again in early 2018, not the greatest as they reformulated it and my levels were low but at least no side effects. When my prescription for it ran out recently I had no insurance to see my dr. again yet, and so had no choice but to take something I already had on hand. This time, after 6 hours of taking the first dose of np I experienced the most profound sadness/deep depression, complete with crying spells. It lasted for hours, I was in bed crying my eyes out for no apparent reason. Not like me! And that’s not all. Headache, dizziness, anxiety, heart pounding, feeling like I was going to pass out, diarrhea, vision problems, confusion/disorientation/brain fog, no appetite, “wired but tired” feeling, shortness of breath...what a list, good grief!"

Amers December 4, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Like the majority of people I was given NP when WP was unavailable. Cue sweats, anxiety, weight gain and utter misery. Crying, can’t function blurry vision. I’ve taken my first dose of naturethroid this morning and voila I am a different person. I’m holding my body straight, I feel alive/awake and I feel like I don’t have heavy puffy eyes."

Jodypody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Np thyroid med make me feel very depressed Very emotional dizzy feel like I'm dying. I can't sleep. Always hurting all over my body. Urine track infection out of no where. I'm going to Dr ASAP to tell him to get me off this meds."

Tina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "Pharmacist substituted Armour RX with NP two months ago. I didn’t notice because I didn’t read the label (12+ years taking the same thing.) weight gain, headache, equilibrium/balance off, blurry vision, joints ache, picking up a pitcher of water difficult, memory issues. I’ve missed 4 of the last 5 days work (I’m rarely take leave) because driving the hour to work is too exhausting. Only realized the switch yesterday when I called the pharmacist to request replacement pills-figured I had a “bad batch” of Armour."

CBM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I've been taking NP Thyroid for the last 6 months and am completely happy with it. It reminds me of what Naturethroid was when I was taking it after getting off Synthroid following a thyroidectomy. Prior to NP I was given the generic version of NP which is Levothyroxine/Liothyronine and felt terrible on it..it reminded me of Synthroid. They were both terrible, the generic version of NP and Synthroid both make my hands and legs swell up, I gained weight on both. If you are on the generic version of NP then you are NOT taking NP by Acella. I was also on Naturethroid after getting off Synthroid and did great on it, even lost half the weight I gained while on Synthroid and felt 100% better within just months of being on it and then a shortage occured and thats when I had to switch over to NP. I definitely feel as good as I did when I was on Naturethroid."

Mimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I just discovered that the pharmacy substituted my Armour with NP. I have been feeling depressed and having brain fog shortly after switching and now I know why. This stuff if garbage!"

Linda Lou (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I had been on nature throid for over 5 years but changed this month to np. My bp has mysteriously gone up in the past year so decided to give NP thyroid a try to see if my blood pressure stabilizes and so far so good! It's been only a few weeks so in 8 weeks I shall see how it goes but I am pleased thus far. It seems nature throid has a huge amount of fillers my body just can't tolerate at least that is my conclusions. Everyone is different but I definitely don't want so many fillers in my meds all my life!"

Crissy (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I never write reviews, but want to share my experience with NP Thyroid by Acella. I have many of the same problems listed here already. I have taken thyroid replacement for 20 years. I had been on Armour for years, my dosage is closely monitored as my blood levels fluctuate a lot. My doctor switched my dosage and the pharmacy filled it with the generic NP Thyroid instead of Armour. We have new health insurance. I decided to try it, maybe it would help keep my levels more steady. Three weeks in and this is the worst I have ever felt mentally. I have never been so depressed in my life. I have dealt with anxiety, but this is different; hopeless, weepy with a dark depression. I have gained over 10 pounds and all I want to do is sleep. The confusion and brain fog are almost scary; I can't remember or figure out simple things I do every day. Maybe if I could give it more time, my body would 'adjust', but I had to call my doctor to go back to Armour. There is no way I could take the NP another day."

Anonymous August 16, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "This medication may as well be a placebo. I only took it because of the NatureThroid shortage and I’ve been miserable the whole 90 days. No energy, brain fog, and raging insomnia (hence this review at 4:58 am, after finally falling asleep at 1am) and now screwed up menstrual cycles to add to the joy "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I was unwilling to wait any longer for nature thyroid to get their new production facilities up and running so I switched to NP thyroid. I've been using it for only a couple of weeks, but the transition was completely seamless. I'm sleeping much better and feel well. The biggest surprise is I no longer have problems moving my bowels. On nature thyroid I would need the aid of stool softeners and other products and would still struggle to produce 3 or 4 bowel motion's in a week. Now, on NP thyroid I go effortlessly a minimum of TWICE daily like clockwork. I have never been this regular. Very happy with NP thyroid!"

katydid (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I was humming along great on naturethroid until I couldn’t get it. Compounded worked great until I had a reaction to a batch. Now I’m On NP thyroid and did fine at first but now have no energy and brain fog. Also skin breakouts and lower immunity. Can’t wait to get back to naturethroid."

Cookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "Switched to NP Thyroid after the Nature Throid shortage. It drove my FT3 levels to the top of the range and my FT4 levels below normal. Tired, aching, and weight gain. Now my doctor has cut my dosage because of the high FT3, and my symptoms are even worse. Soon as I can I am switching back to Nature Throid."

Barb123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Horrible! Sounds similar to others experience. Was switched because NatureThyroid disappeared off market. Within a couple weeks noticed a huge shift. Periods became irregular again, eyebrows thinning, hair falling out, insomnia, mood swings, weight gain...the last straw was a trip to the ER for heart attack symptoms last week. Thank goodness, NatureThyroid is available again...and now directly from my ND. Just got back on it yesterday. Looking forward to feeling great again."

acook (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018