User Reviews for NP Thyroid

Underactive Thyroid
3.9

Summary of NP Thyroid reviews 5.8 21 reviews

Reviews for NP Thyroid

For Hashimoto's disease "I was humming along great on naturethroid until I couldn’t get it. Compounded worked great until I had a reaction to a batch. Now I’m On NP thyroid and did fine at first but now have no energy and brain fog. Also skin breakouts and lower immunity. Can’t wait to get back to naturethroid."

Cookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "Switched to NP Thyroid after the Nature Throid shortage. It drove my FT3 levels to the top of the range and my FT4 levels below normal. Tired, aching, and weight gain. Now my doctor has cut my dosage because of the high FT3, and my symptoms are even worse. Soon as I can I am switching back to Nature Throid."

Barb123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Horrible! Sounds similar to others experience. Was switched because NatureThyroid disappeared off market. Within a couple weeks noticed a huge shift. Periods became irregular again, eyebrows thinning, hair falling out, insomnia, mood swings, weight gain...the last straw was a trip to the ER for heart attack symptoms last week. Thank goodness, NatureThyroid is available again...and now directly from my ND. Just got back on it yesterday. Looking forward to feeling great again."

acook (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Had been taking 120mg of Armour Thyroid for years when price shot up. I looked for alternative and was on Nature-Thyroid and had no problems when suddenly it disappeared for the market. I went back to Armour but was sick of the price gouging and found NP Thyroid. I have been on it for a month now and have been an utter mess. First week was fine, but then a sudden drop in general well being. I cannot focus, constant fatigue, grogginess, barely able to function, balance is off... just generally horrible. Thankfully I am able to get Nature-Thyroid again and am waiting for the new prescription to arrive. Once it does NP is going in the trash. Avoid... avoid... avoid!!!"

Dave (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I have hashimotos and hypothyroidism. I had been taking levothyroxine for 7 years and continued to feel awful- always tired and gained weight like crazy. I recently found a new primary care physician and OBGYN that both recommended I try NP thyroid (and selenium) given my continued and worsening symptoms taking levothyroxine. I think my NP thyroid dosage was too high the first time I started taking it because I felt extreme anxiety, my heart racing, little appetite and I would cry probably every other day for no reason. I was taking this 60 mg NP thyroid for 6 weeks. After reporting the side effects I experienced to my doctor, she cut my dosage in half for now and my side effects have subsided. I do have to say that despite cutting the dosage, I am feeling better then I had been while taking Levothyroxine."

ali g (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I became hypothyroid after radiation treatment. I ma still unsure, but I think natural thyroid med is better brain-fog wise, but I experience energy levels yo-yo~ing. I feel lethargic "

lynni-boo February 3, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "After a 3 years of a hellish ordeal with Synthroid, I decided to quit thyroid hormone replacement. Synthroid was literally killing me. The worst I've ever felt. 6 months after stopping Synthroid, I was "allowed" to take NDT. I took Armour for over a year, and while it worked great to suppress TSH, I still had hypo symptoms. After 15 months on Armour, I was accidentally dispensed NP Thyroid without knowing what it was. After I verified it to be an NDT, I took it. After 2 months on NP, I didn't feel perfect, but noticed the sweating was gone and constipation resolved. After 4 months, everything going well, pharmacy corrected their "mistake" and gave me Armour. Back to the constipation/sweating. I had to fight to get back NP. Five months, no excessive sweating or constipation, and I'm dreaming again (yay 4 REM) and taking less naps in the P.M., like I used to do as if my life depends on it. I recommend you try NP Thyroid if you have T4-to-T3 conversion issues. I wish you the best and I hope you regain your life."

Daisy Martinelli (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "The quality of NP is POOR. Hypothyroidism - thyroid not working at all. Switched to NP because Armour’s price shot up with my provider. It took a month to realize that it was causing my eyebrows to thin, my skin to be bad again, and my moods to be all over the place. I’m very weepy. I don’t have a lot of energy. It is supposed to be the same formulation but if it is, why would I experience this? I have a lot of NP, and have been adding an extra pill each day. It helps a little, but I don’t even think that’s enough. I’m unable to concentrate and I just want to sleep! I’m switching back as soon as I run out and my insurance provider will cover the next prescription. They won’t cover the switch right now, because I have a 3 month supply of NP."

GJG ....... (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "I am on this medication do to shortage of Naturethroid, both times the pharmacy switched me to this instead of Armour I get extremely sick. I have been experiencing dizziness, lethargy, I even have circles under my eyes. Very frustrating I work for a doctor and expressed my concern, we won't be recommending this to patients. I have patients who have also complained. I do have celiac disease so not sure if absorption for some reason is an issue."

FrozenBeaner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease "Not sure yet how I feel after a week. I feel jittery ( not sure if that’s a word)... almost like I can’t do anything right. Scared, emotional. But I do like that I feel less sleepy no headaches from it. So hoping once it gets in my system good this feeling will go away."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "I used to be on Armour. The pharmacist changed me to Thyroid NP. I still feel great! No problems at all!"

Nikki VP January 8, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid "Inconsistent treatment! This medication caused me dizziness, restlessness, cold sweats, sleep problems, as well as concentration problems. While taking it, my function was a roller coaster ride. For a few days it would work and then I would suddenly have some or all the side effects. It took me 6 months to figure out what was causing these issues. The medication seems to have quite inconsistent effects."

Tamara A. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I just had my doses upped and now I am gritting my teeth to the point of having a really bad sore jaw and teeth. Can't eat on the right side at all"

TonyaPTompkins October 12, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Was taking Armour Thyroid 90mg, and the pharmacy switched me to this NP thyroid as a generic and it was awful experience, was like I wasn't taking anything at all, like they just gave me a placebo or something. Not sure why such a dramatic difference, but this was just my experience, now at the pharmacy you have to specify brand name only by your doctor to make sure you get the Armour Thyroid, pre warning, unless it works for you then awesome."

ADS1988 May 31, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "I have taken both the generic and Synthroid for 10 years, trying desperately to stop the hair loss. Three months ago my endocrinologist switched me to NP and within 3 weeks my hair stopped falling out. I do still have very dry skin, but otherwise I feel good."

Hestermom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid "Have taken Armour thyroid for 45 years. Pharmacy switched me to a Acella thyroid np. After a couple of weeks I realized something was wrong. Low energy and just slowed down. Pharmacist insisted that was Armour thyroid! My experience is that acella thyroid is garbage and smells awful too."

Kim L March 9, 2017

For TSH Suppression "I needed to be on Armour Thyroid because Synthetic Thyroid didn't work on me. I could not convert T3 to T4. Now the company has re Formulated "Armour" and it doesn't work. "NP Thyroid" works Very well."

Jim C. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid "Took Armour Thyroid for the last 10 years. When the formula was changed a couple of years ago, all of the hypothyroid symptoms set in. Weight gain, hair loss, etc. My new doctor switched my prescription to NP Thyroid about 6 months ago. Such a huge improvement!!"

Julie G April 7, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I might have taken to much but it gave me symptoms of a stroke after 7 hours in the ER they said my levels of T4 were really high I think it was 7 as I had been on the 90 mg day from 30mg so maybe I went up too fast"

tina louise (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I have only 1 lobe of thyroid after having a weird mass. For 2yrs the thyroid seemed to do ok. Then bamm I became underactive. I flat out told my Dr NO synthetics. I wanted to try Amour. I have been taking NP Thyroid for almost 3 weeks. I do feel somewhat better but have noticed an extreme swing in my mood for a hour or so after taking it. Also I feel like I wanna eat like there is no tomorrow"

GracieGurlee (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "NP is the best NDT on the market today. I have tried EVERYTHING. Was suggested this by Mayo Clinic in MN. I would give it a "10" but it's very very hard to get exactly right....you will have ups and downs. Which technically isn't the fault of the medication. Don't increase your dosage too quickly...happened to me a few times. BE PATIENT and RESEARCH. It will take time to get back to "normal". Good luck and DON'T QUIT!"

DZG333 July 31, 2015

"Some leg cramps ,increased heart rate. All thyroid problems resolved."

Anonymous April 4, 2015