User Reviews for Euthyrox

Euthyrox has an average rating of 1.8 out of 10 from a total of 69 ratings on Drugs.com. 8% of those users who reviewed Euthyrox reported a positive effect, while 91% reported a negative effect.

Underactive Thyroid
5.5
Summary of Euthyrox reviews 1.8 69 reviews

Reviews for Euthyrox

Jen312 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2021

For Hashimoto's disease: “I've been on Levothyroxine for over 10 years and haven't had any issues. All my levels have been great. Wal-Mart pharmacy prescribed Euthyrox in place of my Levothyroxine, stating it was the same and it is NOT THE SAME!! After two months of missed periods, weight gain, brain fog, moody, depression, etc. and now my blood work has CONFIRMED my levels are all off balance for the first time in over 10 years!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE!! Wal-Mart, please STOP using this!! My Dr. has switched my prescription to Walgreen's and I am now back on Levothyroxine once again and throwing Euthyrox in the TRASH!! Beware it is not the same and you will be messed up!! Euthyrox should be removed and I am reporting it everywhere I can report it!!”

Panda62 · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “My Walmart pharmacy switched me to this from another generic levothyroxine that I had been on for years with no issues. I had itching by the second day after starting to use it. On the 4th day, within 90 minutes of taking the dose, I had itching on my head and upper back which progressed to my legs & feet and noticeable hives appeared shortly thereafter. Benadryl resolved the symptoms. I contacted the pharmacy and they filled a new Rx with the generic I was taking previously. Euthyrox will be added to my allergy list!”

LP · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been taking levothyroxine for several years and my TSH and T4 have remained within normal ranges with zero side effects. Recently wal-mart changed me to euthyrox and within a couple of days I started having chest pain, moody, sleepy, etc..... I went to my doctor and she put me back on levothyroxine after about 4 days I started to feel much better. Euthyrox does not work!!!”

familydoctor · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I am a family doctor who just got lab results on a patient taking euthrox. 6 months ago her tests were fine while she was on levothyroxine generic. Walmart switched her to Euthyrox, and her labs look like she just stopped taking her thyroid medicine completely- TSH is over 15. I have called her pharmacy and asked them to start investigation of the euthyrox, replace her pills with real medicine and will be looking into what else I need to do to protect the public.”

Andros · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 22, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “UPDATE: I posted on March 11 2021 and shared how I switched back to my regular medication from Walgreens which is just the generic Levothyroxine 88mg and stopped taking this horrible pill from Walmart called Euthyrox which is their version of the generic brand but with horrible side effects. Today is April 21, 21 and I feel like a brand new person! I finally feel normal! I prayed for this moment to feel like my old self! The horrible side effects have all subsided!! I just want to share with everyone that there is hope! I’ve been praying and trying my hardest to be patient with my body. I also was taking ibuprofen for the aches and pains in the mean time. But I can finally share with you all that I’m doing great! I pray for everyone else to feel better soon in Jesus name. There is HOPE and light at the end of the tunnel.”

Andros March 11, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was taking Levothyroxine 88mg from Walgreens or CVS since I was 18 now I’m 33. Switched pharmacy to neighborhood Walmart because it was closer to home back in Sept 2020. They gave me a generic called EUTHYROX said it was the exact same thing so I trusted them. They just said the packaging was different. They were so wrong! Since Sept 2020 I been having horrible side effects! Muscle aches/ pains/ stiffness ALL the time! Muscle weakness, blurred vision, chest pains, severe acid reflux GERD like symptoms. Foggy brain, forgetfulness, being so cold all the time. Didn't feel like myself at all! I almost passed out twice last week and had enough!! I went to the dr and she immediately switched me back to my meds from before. Today will be 6 days that I have switched back and my side effects have been subsiding . It was so scary and still is knowing this medication is out there! Please don’t take it. When I almost fainted and had chest pains was the scariest part for me.”

NA September 8, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Walmart switched my levothyroxine to Euthyrox,. The first day I had a headache almost at migraine level. Within two weeks my hair was falling out, insomnia every night. Have been on levothyroxine for 12 years, with no issues. Do not take this medication.”

joy · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “In November 2020 I was diagnosed with low thyroid. My Doctor put me on levothyroxine 25 mcg. I also went to Walmart and the gave me Euthyrox. I started taking it on 11th, after taking it for one week,. I began having hip pains that radiated into my legs. My joints ached and burned. I had headaches, low energy, dizziness, confusion and foggy brain. Didn't want to move as it hurt. I am retired nurse and knew the recent change was medication. I stopped taking it on 19th November. Went to Doctors office , was told to stop taking it. By Thanksgiving I was feeling better. Took a few weeks to feel normal again. Have been prescribed synthroid today. Going to try it. It is brand name of levothyroxine. Hopefully I can use it. They need to tell people how dangerous medicine is. I will stop using walmart. They told me I was sick with virus. Treated me like I was delusional or making it up. I hope they never experience the same as I did.”

Melissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “Was switched to Euthyrox 4 months ago from levothyroxine at Walmart pharmacy. This change was made without my doctor's approval. I was told it was the very same medicine I had been getting before. It is not the same medication. I have begun having extreme dizzy spells severe anxiety, shortness of breath. I've been on the same dose of level thyroxine for over 10 years. And now my levels are extremely high. I'm experiencing overdose of levothyroxine. My doctor has prescribed a lower dose and wanted me to go back to taking the original levothyroxine. I went to Walmart this morning to pick it up and they filled again with Euthorox. They talked me into keeping it. After reading these comments I am not going to be taking this brand! I will be calling the FDA and Walmart Headquarters on Monday morning!”

Kiran · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Please don't take Euthyrox if you are switching from Levothyroxine, after taking for a month. My hair were falling like crazy, loose stool and lot more side effects. Please think twice before taking Euthyrox.”

Ralphie · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “Walmart substituted this rubbish Euthyrox today on my refill after I specifically told them not to. I called Corporate and gave them 24 hours to deliver my regular Levothyroxine or I would not only move my scripts, I would file charges for causing harm as this Euthyrox can cause heart attacks.”

Mom2Two · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Pharmacy gave me Euthyrox instead of Levothyroxine (generic). I didn't think it would make a difference, so I have been taking it for several months. Kept feeling worse but didn't connect it to the meds. To the point now I can barely function - arms hurt so bad, so tired I can hardly make it through my day, headache, etc. Called pharmacy to see why they switched it. She said, "That is just what WalMart sends us. Lots of people have been complaining and switching back." So, so am I! Hope I start feeling better soon. Shame on you, WalMart, for switching people's meds without a Dr.'s request!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “My pharmacy changed me to this brand after being on levothyroxine. My hair has been falling out, weight gain, brittle nails and more side effects. This does not work for your thyroid. Had my TSH done in March and it was pretty close to normal range. After that the pharmacy changed my levothyroxine to this one. My TSH is low and this is why I am having the issues. I am upset that the pharmacy can just change things without checking with you first. Don't take this brand of medication”

Georgia · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Began taking in early June when Walmart pharmacy refilled my prescription saying Euthyrox was their new generic and what I would be getting going forward. Within days of taking first pill began to experience headaches that progressively increased in duration and frequency during the four months of taking Euthyrox. Then began the insomnia, tinnitus, heat intolerance, uncontrollable sweating, swelling in face and eyelids, diarrhea, neck and shoulder pain, blurred vision, fatigue, occasional dizziness, dry mouth, loss of appetite, and brain fog. Stopped Euthyrox almost two weeks ago and most symptoms have gone away except for headaches and neck pain. Definitely returning to prior medication this one was disabling.”

granny · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “My pharmacy switched me to euthyrox instead of levothyroxine. Then four hours after taking the first one I had a massive headache, didn't think anything of it. The second day same thing, only this time it was odd, I rarely get headaches so it worried me how severe it was. I called my pharmacist and asked if it was related, yes it is. I couldn't even function it was so bad. I demanded they switch it back. I then find out today that with my recent heart attack i shouldn't have even been given this med! HORRIBLE stuff!”

Bee · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “I was switched to Euthyrox by the pharmacist at Walmart and did not notice until I got home. I called the pharmacy and asked about the drug, and was told it was the same medication, just another brand. It is not. The first day I took it I had a migraine headache, and shortness of breath. I thought it was just me, so I went on and stayed on the medication for 2 weeks, thinking my symptoms would improve. They got worse. By the time I was 2 weeks in to taking this medication, I could barely get out of bed. It was like being in a fog all the time, with absolutely no relief. I called back and spoke to the pharmacist, this time getting a different person. He told me that my Dr could specify Synthroid and they would make sure to keep it in stock. I messaged my endocrinologist and he quickly sent in the prescription specifying Synthroid only. I am already feeling better. Please do NOT take this medication.”

Jo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Walmart switched me from Levothyroxine, made by Alvogen to Euthyrox on October 17, 2020. I have heart failure. The Euthyrox made my life miserable. I had HORRIBLE leg cramps during the night, I had no energy. I had gone from getting a lot done around the house into just sitting. The Walmart pharmacist told me that Alvogen's warehouses are in Miami and that the Haiti hurricane had flooded the warehouses and now there was a shortage of Alvogen Levothyroxine. Finally, yesterdqay, I called the Walmart pharmacist and insisted that this drug is a bad drug. He switched me back to the product I had been on for the last five years without any all these side effects. Euthyrox should be banned in this country as it was in France. I am wondering what it has done to other organs of my body and if it was sufficient to keep my thyroid at a working level. Without a blood test at this time, I don't know.”

JoyAnaBoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2020

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Walmart switched me to this brand back in April. They assured me it was the exact same thing as the levothyroxine brand I was taking. I had just had labs done in March. Things were good. By early May my TSH had jumped to a 14 from a .40. I had fatigue to the point that I was bed bound. Headaches, sleeplessness, rapid heart rate, sweats, memory issues. This medicine is a dangerous medication. My dr had several other thyroid patients complain of the same medication after Walmart switched them. It is absolutely not the same as what I was taking. This medication will crash your labs and make you feel like the walking dead. It’s shouldn’t be on the market.”

mls · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “This drug is causing all kinds of awful issues. My hair is falling out, I'm completely exhausted, want to sleep all day/night, can't think straight, can't make it through my work day, loose stools, headaches, cold. Increased heart palpitations. I feel exactly as I did when I wasn't taking any thing.”

Gayle October 21, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Horrible drug. Almost landed in ER. Been taking Levothyroxine, generic for Synthroid, for years a little yellow oval pill w/no issues. Called for a refill at Walmart. Arrived home to find boxes of blister packs. Definitely not my normal pills which came in a pill bottle. Called Walmart asked about this drug Euthyrox by Merck in Germany. Person who answered phone said exactly the same no worries. HE WAS WRONG. Didn't put 2 & 2 together for over 3 weeks as I became sicker my side effect symptoms were brain fog, strange head-ache, all day, every day, dizzy, heavy pulse in my neck, sudden heat waves, unsteady on my feet, vision weird, exhausted. Figured out was due to changing to this manufacturer. Many reviews from people who experienced same side effects, after Walmart changed to this manufacturer. Walmart should have said something. Dr. Gave me RX for old Levo. Immediately stopped taking Euthyrox. Today 4th day back on old pills. 90% better. Called Walmart Corp. & FDA. NOT LIKE OTHER GENERIC LEVOTHYROXINE.”

Starz November 16, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I've been taking levothyroxine 75mcg for several years without any problems. I recently was switched to euthyrox 75mcg by walmart pharmacy. I realized right away that they had given me a different medicine. I talked to the pharmacist right there about it and he said it was the same as the levothyroxine and due to the pandemic they were having a short supply of the levothyroxine. I took this medicine for almost a month before I realized it was causing me to have hives and also swelled my lip, foot and hand and it also caused my voice to change. I have been trying to figure out what I was allergic to thinking it was food allergies or detergent, etc. After reading others comments I now realize it's this horrible medicine. I called Walmart 4 days ago and told them about the hives/swelling and they immediately changed me back to my original medicine. The pharmacist told me it could take a week or longer before the swelling and hives are gone.”

RQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “This medication gave me alarming heart palpitations. I quit using it and went back to levothyroxine and it went away. Tried using Euthyrox again with the same side effects happening. Will NEVER again use Euthyrox. Worst medication I have ever took.”

Alexandra · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking this medication Euthyrox 30 days ago and I am feeling so horrible. I have upper back pain, neck pain, muscle weakness, terrible indigestion and acid reflux. I even went to test for Covid because I thought that was the issue. I tested negative. Do not take this medication. I feel sharp pains in my arms, overall achy in my throat. In the 38 years I have been taking levo..I've never had these issues. Switching immediately to name brand.”

Candy · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I had my Levothyroxine prescription refilled at Walmart like 3 weeks ago and they gave me Euthyrox saying that It was a new presentation. They said they had changed the name but it was the same medication. I’ve been having lots of headaches, itchy skin, dry mouth and loss of focus. I thought I had an allergic reaction to something but I haven’t changed anything, soap, detergent, lotion, anything. My husband told me it could be the new pills and now that I read all comments I realized that is my problem.”

LJL · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “This drug has many side effects that I am experiencing. Labored breathing - hair loss - blurred vision - fatigue - chest pain - heart skipping beats - nausea - insomnia - was taking a little oblong yellow levorthyroxin that worked great - drug store changed companies and this pill is round white.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “so I have been taking Levothyroxine for the last 14ish years. I get me script filled by Walmart and for some reason I started to get this brand. Since I been taking it I have had all the following side effects: irregular heartbeats, shortness of breath, nervousness. Actually went to the dr and she lowered my dose since my thyroid levels are now off. My dose was lowered from 125 to 112. I was using my older 112 from older script and started to feel better with in about a week. When I ran out started to take this brand at lower dose and with in 2 day I am back to the horrible side effects. I will not take this brand anymore...called the pharmacist and they are going to see if they can get my old brand back or I will switch to another pharmacy!! I will not take anymore of this medication.”

Lucky · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2020

For TSH Suppression: “I was given Euthryrox 50 mcg by Walmart instead of my usual thyroid medication. My doctors did not request Euthryrox or that the medication should be changed. I have been taking Euthryrox for 3 months and have experienced hives/welts on my left neck hairline and lower back. I am also experiencing headaches that are different than other headaches along with joint and back pain. I may be a coincidence but have requested Walmart to refill to my original prescription.”

BellBottomBlues · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2020

For TSH Suppression: “I have been on levo since 2007 for TSH suppression after total thyroidectomy, my pharmacy switched to this type of levo replacement & it is an awful prescription. Within 3 days my chest had such tightness I was ER bound”